UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL

Old 04-06-2010, 11:32 PM   #26
The Morg
Somehow a cat

The Curse alone won't be strong enough to KO Dragonite, awesome though those Hardens and String Shots may be.
The Morg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 09:31 AM   #27
Stlbk
taco...

Send a message via AIM to Stlbk
Pikachu Pikablu is coming for you!

Time to rely on Pikablu!

Pikablu (Lvl 6) - Male Raichu
No Signature

Pikablu deliver a mighty Shock Wave! Then if it's still around, use another Shock Wave!

Does my Raichu get a boost for being used in conjunction with my Lt. Surge avatar? :x
Stlbk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 09:37 AM   #28
Lady Kuno
Prepare to die

No because it's not a Lt. Surge's Raichu.

You are a Dragonite. Roar. Then rain down the pain with Draco Meteor. If you're still kickin', finish with a Superpower.

Spoiler: show
Lady Kuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 09:38 AM   #29
Stlbk
taco...

xd!

Btw, had to note he said 'very low energy'.
I doubt Draco Meteor takes up very low energy :p

Last edited by Stlbk; 04-09-2010 at 08:20 AM.
Old 04-12-2010, 01:49 PM   #30
The Morg
Somehow a cat

Thor: This battle's just getting started! Totally unfazed, our ever-confident Lt. Surge fan sends out Pikablu, the Raichu!

Zeus: And let me tell you, there's nothing quite like raining down thunderbolts on your enemies. It gives me a warm feeling inside every time.

Morg: Glad to see we have an expert on the team. And here comes the first attack!

Thor: Hey, this one looks more like a plague of locusts! Hundreds of tiny sparks fly from Pikablu and sting Neptune all over!

Zeus: This is still an effective, if less common, form of divine punishment.

Morg: Neptune roars out, fueled by the pain and annoyance of this electric pestilence!

Thor: Pikablu recoils, halting its attack and letting its guard down!

Morg: This gives Neptune a perfect opportunity to form a bright ball of energy and unleash it upon its foe!

Thor: What do you think, Zeus? Divine retribution?

Zeus: Not at all! Neptune is gasping for energy at this point and can't quite make this a divine-level attack.

Morg: Pikablu is shaken by the impact, but resumes its pestiferous punishment with renewed fury!

Thor: Neptune is again plagued by electric stingers and unable to use special moves in retaliation! Only one thing left to do...

Zeus: Neptune charges forward and tries to grapple Pikablu! But is this a Superpower or a Struggle?

Morg: I know what you mean, Zeus. I get the two confused all the time!

Thor: It's a quick tussle... and Pikablu breaks away! The Shock Wave and Curse seem to have proven too much for Neptune, who collapses in the dirt.

Morg: Pikablu has earned the second KO of the match, and the first KO for Team Stlbk!

----------

Data:

Raichu
High health
High energy

Dragonite
KO
Old 04-12-2010, 02:02 PM   #31
Lady Kuno
Prepare to die

King: Male Rhyperior
King is the king of fighters. This was not always the case, however. He has trained tirelessly in my old gym, with many of my fighting type Pokemon. As a young lad, he learned to take the punches. As a rock type, he took lots of extra damage, but he kept on training. He eventually learned to shed this weakness, the Rock type. But he was not content with just this. With much training he was not only able to shed his body of Rocks, but learn the art of fighting himself.
Special Training: Type Change (Fighting)
King has the extra type Fighting added to it due to reasons specified in the unusual characteristics section.
The urge to fight runs through King's blood, causing him to to gain the additional type of Fighting and all of the weaknesses and resistances that lie therein. Due to his special training, he does not gain or lose any attacks. Instead, him losing his rock type causes his weight to drop 200 lbs, which increases his speed and agility appropriately. Although his skin is still fairly rocky and tough, due to the loss of his rock type, Rock Wrecker becomes a normal type, as mentioned in it's move description. However since he is still fairly rocky, he will take an extra 25% more damage from fighting then normal.

Bring it, bitches. Earth Power to knock em down then Body Slam.

Old 04-12-2010, 02:27 PM   #32
Stlbk
taco...

Alright Pikablu, now is the real time to shine!

While he's Earth Powering, use Grass Knot so he'll trip over as well!
Then use a Grass Knot when he's trying to move in for a Body Slam!

Go go go!
Old 04-18-2010, 09:55 PM   #33
The Morg
Somehow a cat

Morg: Our next battler for Team Kuno, weighing in at 423 pounds: the lean, mean King of Fighters, a Rhyperior!

Thor: Despite its smaller size, this Rhyperior could prove to be a tough challenge. But it looks like Stlbk has been expecting this all along!

Zeus: Both battlers are focusing their energy into the clay soil underneath their feet.

Morg: A leafy tendril has sprouted up behind King and is starting to wrap around one of its legs...

Thor: Suddenly the ground around Pikablu breaks up and starts shifting!

Zeus: It's now tossing and churning with Pikablu in the centre!

Thor: It's definitely not enjoying this earthy maelstrom.

Morg: It can't concentrate on its Grass Knot either, and only manages to get one blade around King's leg.

Zeus: King sees its opportunity to strike and rushes forward!

Thor: However the Grass Knot catches it by the leg and pulls him down!

Morg: It manages to tear away from the weak knot with its strength, and luckily lands on its knees rather than going completely prone.

Zeus: King gets up again and charges!

Morg: With the Earth Power now subsided, Pikablu resumes pouring energy into the soil.

Thor: King nears Pikablu and gets ready to attack!

Zeus: It doesn't notice the grass shooting up behind it!

Morg: King is siezed from behind by blades of grass around both legs! It falls face first into the soil, sliding into Pikablu!

Zeus: Excellent surprise attack!

Thor: Pikablu's strategy was impressive, but I don't think it has enough grass energy to do that again...

----------

Data:

Raichu
Low health
Average energy

Rhyperior
Average health
Decent energy
Prone
Old 04-19-2010, 09:13 AM   #34
Stlbk
taco...

Well that was unexpected! O_O;

Alright Pikablu, he's prone so he's already halfway to where we want him to be!

Sing and if he's asleep give him a Focus Punch, if not use a ST Agility to run dodge/put distance between you two!

Either way he's face first into the ground so we've got the advantage!
Old 04-19-2010, 09:17 AM   #35
Lady Kuno
Prepare to die

Sing takes a while, and we're close so go for a quick Reversal (flail version)! Either way end with a Earth Power.

Old 04-19-2010, 09:19 AM   #36
Stlbk
taco...

Interesting choice indeed! We shall see who comes out on top! Mwuahahaha?

At the very least, Morg is one entertaining referee so I know this round will be awesome!
Old 04-23-2010, 11:44 AM   #37
The Morg
Somehow a cat

Zeus: Pikablu starts singing to soothe the savage beast as it lies in the soft soil.

Morg: King will have none of that, however, and starts flailing... like a GIANT MAGIKARP!

Thor: Yes, a 400-pound one! Pikablu takes a good whack and decides it's time to get out of there!

Zeus: Good thinking! It bolts like a lightning rodent away from the thrashing menace!

Thor: King stops the flailing and seems to be concentrating on something.

Morg: Pikablu keeps running and doesn't look back. The ground near Pikablu suddenly sprays up into the air as if there were a land mine!

Zeus: Thanks to Pikablu's speed, it was far enough from the epicenter to avoid taking a huge hit right there.

Thor: It did manage to knock him a good distance to the side, though. Can he get back up?

Morg: I don't think so, Thor. Looks like another KO!

Zeus: Tam Kuno have now earner their second KO!

----------

Data:

Raichu:
KO

Rhyperior:
Average health
Very low energy
Old 04-23-2010, 01:22 PM   #38
Stlbk
taco...

I don't think a Sing can be Reversal'd, as it's not an attack, it's a support move...
Old 04-23-2010, 01:27 PM   #39
Lady Kuno
Prepare to die

It says it can be used as a "get out of a desperate situation" move.

Old 04-23-2010, 01:56 PM   #40
The Morg
Somehow a cat

The reason Sing stopped is that Pikablu was smart enough to go straight to Agility rather than get beaten up for a full 10 seconds.

Reversal's "desperate situation" was based on getting tripped and prone in the dirt.
Old 04-23-2010, 09:43 PM   #41
Stlbk
taco...

Falling on your face is more embarrassment than in dire circumstances.

It was higher on health and is about 7-10x the size of Raichu.

So...it's in a desperate situation...from an attack?
Old 04-24-2010, 12:36 AM   #42
Lady Kuno
Prepare to die

It also specifically says something like "not necessarily at a disadvantage health wise".

And I don't know what universe you live in but being prone on the ground means I'm fucked until I get up more or less. Not my fault you chose the attack that takes 10 seconds to do instead of taking advantage of it.

Old 04-24-2010, 04:26 PM   #43
Stlbk
taco...

I live in a universe where a Pokemon that is faced down should not be at the advantage.
Let's get even more detailed...

Rhyperior is lying face down. Since it is Flailing it can only flail it's arms/legs around, which unless Raichu is standing right within arms reach (wtf?), it wouldn't even hit it or interrupt it.

Also a Pokemon that uses Sing takes up to 10 seconds to work, it's not like it doesn't calm down the opposing Pokemon as it's Singing. It's not like it magically closes the opposing Pokemon's eyes after 10 seconds...

Again, the world is logical, and that was not. Nor was the Earth Power the round before since Earth Power moves slowest in harder ground(ie. CLAY).
Don't give me poor logic...

I'll order on Monday when I have time to cool down.
Old 04-24-2010, 05:53 PM   #44
Lady Kuno
Prepare to die

The attack is even called Reversal. I mean it's like, on one hand you argue I shouldn't be able to do anything but also I'm not in a bad position. Which is it? And if does gradually sleep, that puts me in an even worse spot by the second.

This is pretty much the textbook best case scenario to use this attack, you can't argue your way out of this one.

Old 04-24-2010, 07:15 PM   #45
Stlbk
taco...

Textbook would mean it's being attacked.

If it's being lulled to sleep, I doubt it would consider itself in a hostile situation.
It's like a Pokemon using Charm. The other Pokemon isn't thinking "Oh shit, I'm fucked now!"

The flat down on its face is to show why it shouldn't hit Raichu, not saying that it's about to get beaten up.
There's a difference and the poor argument otherwise is what I'm given.
When you go to sleep, you're not feeling "OMG I'm getting sleeeeeepy!" and then you magically clonk out...you just get calmed down and fall asleep from the lull of the Sing.
Old 04-24-2010, 07:22 PM   #46
Lady Kuno
Prepare to die

If it puts you to sleep instantly, it'll say that. Instead it says it works at 10 seconds. That means exactly what it says, I can still do stuff until then.

It also says its used to get out of a bad spot. Which is exactly what I did.

Also about sing: Anything will interrupt it. Since flail isn't a one time hit, but rather a... flailing about, it just took the first hit to stop your singing. However you agility'd away before the attack ended like Morg said.

Old 04-25-2010, 12:37 PM   #47
Stlbk
taco...

Go...
Starmie - Genderless Starmie
No Signature

Use a Hydro Pump. If still around, use another Hydro Pump.
Old 04-25-2010, 06:34 PM   #48
Lady Kuno
Prepare to die

Sometimes you have to leave it all to luck.

You have enough health to make a decent amount of Double Team. Then run in at full speed and Crunch!

Old 04-29-2010, 08:27 PM   #49
The Morg
Somehow a cat

Morg: Our next battler on team Stlbk is Starmie, the...... Starmie.

Thor: It'll want to avoid getting into close quarters combat with the King of Fighters... looks like it's going to try gunning the foe down.

Zeus: But King is dancing around so quickly his appearance is a blur... let's see how good Starmie's aim is...

Morg: Starmie takes aim and releases a jet of water from its... uhh, maybe I don't want to know what body part that is.

Thor: Real classy, Morg.

Zeus: I can make out three images of King over there! Will it hit the real one?

Thor: The water reaches an image and... drenches it!

Morg: Starmie's hit the real one on the first try! This is bad news for King...

Zeus: Struggle though it may, King just can't overcome the water to get close enough to attack.

Morg: Starmie seems to be all proud of itself and continues to ejaculate its mighty spray onto the subdued opponent.

Thor: I'm sure there was a better way to word that, Morg.

Zeus: King is no longer able to battle, making this the second KO for Team Stlbk!

Morg: And with this irrigation coming right after the Earth Powers, some mud pools are forming on the arena surface. This should make things interesting.

----------

Data:

Starmie
Full health
Decent energy

Rhyperior
KO
Old 04-29-2010, 08:35 PM   #50
Lady Kuno
Prepare to die

You win some then you lose some.

Kitty: Female Raichu
Kitty thinks she is a cat, and also loves the water. I'm not exactly sure why or how that makes sense. Either way she is a fairly helpful addition to my squad. She loves surfing on the water.. or at least what she considers surfing. Which is wearing a giant lifesaver because she cannot swim very well. She can use surf in battle just fine but she does not find it relaxing. The lifesaver is decorated with pink hearts (don't ask) and when a big wave comes she panics and lets out some electricity. She isn't exactly friends with the local water Pokemon because of it. Oops. One day she accidently shocked a wild Marill. She felt kind of bad because it was exceptionally adorable (did I mention she loves cute things?). After being saved from near death she decided to teach her savior a few attacks Marill are exceptionally good at. Nobody ever told the Marill that it was Kitty that used the attack in the first place. I thought about telling her at some point but they became great friends eventually. I wouldn't do that to my Kitty anyway.
Special Training: Water Sports (Water)
Kitty is able to use Aqua Tail and Water Sport. These attacks are both usable 2 times per battle and use 1.5x the energy then normal.

T-bolt to Volt Tackle.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL