UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL

Old 01-07-2010, 06:01 PM   #1
iAmDewgong
Rainbow Badge

Send a message via MSN to iAmDewgong
UPN PASBL - Concept vs. Toasted Bagel

So howdy everyone and welcome to the gray clay arena which today is being coloured by our two happy combatants. Or at least that's the plan - no damned Geoudes, alright? Either way, in the challenger's chair is Concept, who used to be called Lifesharker but is not anymore, he is also a TL2 just as yours truly and I don't think I've battled him. He has a great Hoothoot which I hope he will bring today.

On the other side of the field, we have something which calls itself Toastedbagel and it is also something which I don't have any clue about whatsoever. Then again, the name brings my thoughts to toasts and bread and sandwiches and stuff - which I like - so I guess it's a good person behind there, even though I don't know it.

The stats for today's fight are like this -

Concept (c) vs. Toastedbagel (a)
2 vs 2
Clay Arena
48 Hour DQ
Slapstick
Return=KO
Equilevel 1

Nothing too hard. I am 95% sure that the challenger posts his squad first, and then it just proceeds neatly. Yeah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dosuser
Metagro├č: Male Beldum
Metagro├č is a totally metal dude. One day, Kuno's voice boomed out, "YOUR STRUGGLE TOTALLY MAKES YOU METAL." This benediction fueled Metagro├č' determination to keep struggling to the very end. In his neverending struggle to fulfill his destiny, Metagro├č sought out Morg for enlightenment. Morg looked with respect upon Metagro├č' tireless struggle and permitted him to train alongside his Magikarp. Now, Metagro├č has learned not to be mastered by its struggle, but to be the master of its Struggle.
iAmDewgong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 06:07 PM   #2
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

Send a message via Skype™ to Concept
>Great Hoothoot.

Yeah, about that... temporarily reassigned. Grabbing her again with my next set of 3 slots probably.

Anywho, had a quick shufti at your squad and I think I should be fine with my TL1's without having to switch any out for more coverage. Best of luck Toasty, let's see what you can do.

Level 1:

Gemini the Staryu (Genderless)
Bio: Gemini has always believed she belonged with the stars. She has a major god complex, believing she needs to save everyone. One thing she was always jealous of though was flying types sheer manoeuvrability, which far exceeded her species characteristic bestowed limited psychic flight. She worked at it hard, and eventually improved, although she never did reach the heights of a bird pokemon.
Special Training: Star Power (Psychic)
Gemini's extensive training has increased the power of her psychic flight. In addition to her original species characteristic bestowed flight powers, star power gives her the flight capabilities of a Magnemite, with similar limitations on flight ceiling and speed. Gemini enters battle with star power active, and burns through moderate energy each round to keep it so (half that if she's underwater due to her natural ability to move underwater). In addition, physical movements and attacks cost slightly more energy when star power is active in the same way they do when agility is active. Star power can be deactivated at the cost of a move, and reactivated at the cost of a thunderbolts worth of psychic energy. However, she cannot reactivate it for two rounds after it's been deactivated.

Cassius the Tyrogue (Male)
No sig.

Archibold the Squirtle (Male)
Bio: Archibold always hated dirt and mud, and spent much of his time cleaning himself off with water gun. I tried to get him to train with various ground types, in an attempt to train him in ground moves and help fight his electric weakness, but he rejected them all as being too dirty. Eventually, I managed to get him to train with a Baltoy, as Baltoy's levitation kept him away from the dirt and "clean as a whistle" as Archibold put it.
Special Training: Gaia (Ground)
Due to his hatred of dirt, Archibold can no longer use muddy water or mud slap. However, due to his training with Baltoy, he can make his hidden power of the ground type twice per match.

Mika the Growlithe (Male)
No sig.

Lars the Sandshrew (Male)
Lars is a quiet 'mon, being quite shy. However, he trains hard. He was quietly confident in his abilities; that is, until he decided to spar with Carlos, my Sneasel. Carlos took it a bit more seriously than Lars, as he tends to do, and my poor Sandshrew ended up rather battered and shaken. However, he was determined to prove himself, and when he recovered he demanded that Carlos train him. Initially, the Sneasel was contemptuous, but eventually Lars convinced him that he was serious about training and Carlos took him under his wing. The first lesson he was taught was one that Carlos made good use of in his cagefighting daysl that even physically stronger opponents can be easily handled with the proper application of speed.
Sig pending.

Jerry the Pikachu (Male)
No sig.

Let's go.
Concept is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 06:36 PM   #3
Toastedbagel
Boulder Badge

Most excellent. He, btw. I assume I can post my uplevels?
Ryuk-Zubat Lv 1-Male
Mr. Popo-Elekid Lv 1-Male
Cartman-Magnemite Lv 1-Genderless
Bakura-Azumarill Lv 2-Male
Light-Abra Lv 1-Male
Sakura-Roselia Lv 1-Female
Ryuk, it's go time. As in, "get out of your Pokeball and win me a match."
Toastedbagel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 06:43 PM   #4
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

Jerry, showtime!

Sweet kiss. If it works, nasty plot, otherwise discharge.
Old 01-07-2010, 06:54 PM   #5
Toastedbagel
Boulder Badge

Agility away from the Sweet Kiss, then Supersonic when he tries to Discharge.

Your Pikachu is sounding really female right about now, you know.
Old 01-07-2010, 06:57 PM   #6
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

Hmm. Maybe I should change it to;

"Jerry" the Pikachu (Drag King)
No sig.
Old 01-07-2010, 07:18 PM   #7
iAmDewgong
Rainbow Badge

Round I

From Ash Team Concept, a yellow ratty thing is released. It goes by the name of Jerry (am I smelling a reference here?) and it is a Pikachu. It looks ready to, er, deal damage. Well it doesn't look that deadly to be completely honest but then again it is small and yellow and cheerful.

Toasty (btw, are you cool with this nickname? Your original name is a tad to long for my personal tastes :c) counters Pikachu with an aggresive Zubat named Ryuk, who may or may not be from Iceland. I dunno lol. I guess it looks a little bit more deadly than his opponent, but he lacks the ability to typespam which in today's ASB is rather important, like it or not.

Also, Hoothoot being dropped is a disgrace and I am sad.

Also, uplevels are fine.

Also, orders are released. Jerry is ordered to perform a Sweet Kiss - however, this move apparantly comes in different variations. It could either be a physical kiss or some kind of projectile kiss. With no clue, the ref resorts to the RNG and it turns out that we're talking about a kiss with mouths and all here. No projectiles. Yeah. Jerry runs up and, uh, jumps, and tries to kiss in midair, but this doesn't work out that great since Ruyk the Zubat manages to agility away a bit. Mostly it was because it is rather hard to kiss in midair, though.

Jerry is a bit irritated by this, and starts to glow yellow in a very Pikachuesque way. Ruyk, being blind, doesn't really notice this (well I dunno, it seemed the most likely thing) and takes the blast to the face, feeling a lot of pain but not getting any paralysis. Feeling angry, Ruyk blasts back with a powerful Supersonic which poor Jerry is feeling alot because of his great ears. Some rather small damage is dealed and Jerry is also made rather confused.

Also this Hendrix album really is damn great.

Aftermath of Round I

Jerry took a small blow and health is a tiny bit away from full. Energy use wasn't a whole lot and he is rather fresh. However he is pretty confused.

Ruyk took a nice SE blow and he is close to 3/4 already, though not there yet. Energy use wasn't a whole lot and he is rather fresh on that front.

Quote:
Metagro├č is a totally metal dude. One day, Kuno's voice boomed out, "YOUR STRUGGLE TOTALLY MAKES YOU METAL." This benediction fueled Metagro├č' determination to keep struggling to the very end. In his neverending struggle to fulfill his destiny, Metagro├č sought out Morg for enlightenment. Morg looked with respect upon Metagro├č' tireless struggle and permitted him to train alongside his Magikarp. Now, Metagro├č has learned not to be mastered by its struggle, but to be the master of its Struggle.
Old 01-07-2010, 07:21 PM   #8
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

Drifloon

Surely pokemon aren't think enough to choose the worst possible application of a move like that? I would have thought it'd be pretty obvious that against an aerial opponent the heart shaped energy form would be the only viable one. Not that it'd make any difference to the outcome, it's just that if you ref mon as being thick as two short planks, all my orders are going to be twice as long to try and make sure my mon don't misundertand :p.

EDIT the first: Also, no, I am not implying one of our LO's is a little yellow rat.

Last edited by Concept; 01-07-2010 at 07:26 PM.
Old 01-07-2010, 07:41 PM   #9
iAmDewgong
Rainbow Badge

Well you may have a point :x Then again, the smartness of our mons (especially Level 1 non-psychics) are not large enough for them to know when to dodge FC Shadow Balls so I dunno.

Also I was thinking about Tom and Jerry :0

Quote:
Old 01-07-2010, 07:42 PM   #10
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

Quote:
Originally Posted by iAmDewgong View Post
Well you may have a point :x Then again, the smartness of our mons (especially Level 1 non-psychics) are not large enough for them to know when to dodge FC Shadow Balls so I dunno.

Also I was thinking about Tom and Jerry :0
Like I said, it makes no difference to the outcome anyway, so there's not much point worrying about it. I'll be sure to specify in future.

EDIT the first:>Tom and Jerry

Hmm. I just picked a name out of the air, but your reason sounds better so lets go with that.

Last edited by Concept; 01-07-2010 at 07:50 PM.
Old 01-07-2010, 07:50 PM   #11
Toastedbagel
Boulder Badge

Did somebody say....TYPESPAM?
Toxic it while it's confused, then Sludge Bomb it.
Also, Zubat has sonar, so I think it should be able to at least hear a crackling noise or something when Jerry's charging. But whatev, it's okay. I'm fine with Toasty.
Old 01-07-2010, 07:52 PM   #12
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

>Did someone say.... TYPESPAM

Yes, someone did.

Sludge bomb should knock the confusion out of you, so drop a trio of thunders on it once you're clearheaded again.

Three-mover confirmed.

Last edited by Concept; 01-08-2010 at 06:15 PM.
Old 01-09-2010, 09:03 AM   #13
iAmDewgong
Rainbow Badge

Round II

In which terrible things are a-happening

Ruyk the Zubat flies about, sensoring (?) Jerry the Pikachu and at last deciding to drop a nasty glubg of Toxic on him. The foul slime hits Jerry on the back and slowly seeps into his body, and in a couple of rounds it will start to effect him IF SOMEONE REMINDS ME OF IT OR ELSE I WILL TOTALLY FORGET IT. Thank you. Either way, Ruyk notices that this was a great success and decides to go all bombing plane on the still somewhat disoriented Pikachu.

[insert plane sounds]

A few large slugs of poison slime is released and about three or so lands on Pikachu with rather fancy explosions. Pikachu stumbles back and is in a rather painful state of pain...

But, unfortunately for Ruyk, the confusion is now more or less gone completely. And, this means that bad things will happen and for the comfort of our readers they are censored and you will now have to watch some random Youtube clip, during which Jerry will Thunderize his opponent many times.

I hope you like hockey.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aeMZV...eature=popular

Ruyk is unable to battle. The score is now 1-0 to Team Concept. A next mon from you Toasty, if you please.

Aftermath of Round II

Jerry the Pikachu used a shitload of energy, and I repeat: a shitload. He is now at around the midpoint of energy. Healthwise he took another blow and he he is a bit above 3/4. Also he has Toxic in his body and it will soon enter his system.

Quote:
Old 01-09-2010, 10:25 AM   #14
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

Spoiler: show
Toasty sends out Abra. I lol.

EDIT the first: In the words of Kush, I am a bad, bad man.

Last edited by Concept; 01-09-2010 at 01:41 PM.
Old 01-09-2010, 05:13 PM   #15
Toastedbagel
Boulder Badge

Cartman, go.
Supersonic, Signal Beam. Use them to counter whatever it might throw at you.
Old 01-09-2010, 05:37 PM   #16
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

Return Jerry. Cassius, take attacks and fc focus punch x2.

I'll play nice for a while.

Hmm. Somehow doubt you'll be up to outspeeding that things supersonic, so just chill this turn.

Also, cheers for not using Abra. Magnemite is much easier to beat.

Last edited by Concept; 01-09-2010 at 05:48 PM.
Old 01-09-2010, 06:22 PM   #17
Toastedbagel
Boulder Badge

That's what you may think, but actually...
Yeah, you're right. But I do still have some tricks up my sleeve...
Old 01-10-2010, 07:47 AM   #18
iAmDewgong
Rainbow Badge

Round III

The beaten Ruyk is returned to the bench where the rest of his homies in Team Toasty boos at the foul tactics of Jerry the Pikachu, who wags his tail in a bitchy sort of fashion. Toasty calls for Cartman, a Magnemite of the genderless, uh, mode. He looks very magnetic today, that's for sure.

Ref's note: Regarding stupidness of monsters - I realize that this round will go against what I said about the Sweet Kiss debacle >___> Looking back, you were probably right, 'Cept. Fortunately it didn't lead to anything horrible and you have quite the lead so yeah.

Cartman, ordered to counter his opponents moves with his moves, waits for Jerry to do something counterable but Jerry just sits about and rests up a bit. Cartman waits... and waits...

...and...

...waits...

and Jerry doesn't do anything at all. "Damn Rat", Cartman shouts in Magnemitian before going on with his moves any way. The Signal Beam finds its home and so does the Supersonic (note however that Jerry has now developed a small resistance for the latter move and the confusion is not as severe as usual). However the Supersonic was first and thus the Signal Beam knocked the confusion away.

The ref goes to pounds his head into a wall as the round ends ._.

Aftermath of Round III

Cartman's health is rather fresh since he has yet to take any damage. Energy use was nice and is a bit into his first half.

Jerry took yet more damage and he is now a bit below 3/4. He didn't exhaust himself that much in this round so the Toxic didn't get a grip of him. He is NOT also somewhat confused.

Also keep up the shitchat you two. It's entertaining.

Quote:

Last edited by iAmDewgong; 01-10-2010 at 10:29 AM.
Old 01-10-2010, 08:55 AM   #19
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

Seeing as his orders were to use supersonic first, then signal beam, shouldn't the signal beam have knocked out the confusion from supersonic (especially considering the slight resistance built up from the first time)?

Also viz a viz sweet kiss; he would have dodged it whatever way Jerry used it, so it made no difference. Don't worry about it.

Double team.
Old 01-10-2010, 09:33 AM   #20
Toastedbagel
Boulder Badge

Rollout through all the clones.

Last edited by Toastedbagel; 01-10-2010 at 01:15 PM.
Old 01-10-2010, 10:28 AM   #21
iAmDewgong
Rainbow Badge

You're right concept, misread it. Fixy fixy. You two may reorder if you wish.

Quote:
Old 01-10-2010, 10:31 AM   #22
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

I'll keep mine as is.
Old 01-10-2010, 06:19 PM   #23
Toastedbagel
Boulder Badge

Edited.
Old 01-10-2010, 07:20 PM   #24
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

My workload at the moment is epic with one thing or another, so I'll be completely inactive til saturday. Apologies.
Old 01-11-2010, 03:49 PM   #25
iAmDewgong
Rainbow Badge

Round IV

Short round is short

Jerry the Pikachu decides to go all Double Team and swiftly jumps from one spot to another, creating multiple clones which makes Cartman go all confused. However, he picks up some speed on the clay and rolls trough all the clones with his awesome, or well, speed. He also smacks Jerry for a small blow - the same Jerry also starts the glow all purple in a moment, the toxic doing it's stuff.

Aftermath of Round IV

Jerry took a fine blow, also some small Toxic damage, health is at a larger bit below 3/4. Energy usage wasn't a whole lot and he is a tiny bit below half.

Cartman is undamaged still, energy use wasn't a whole lot and he is rather fresh there too.

Quote:

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL