UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL

Old 07-20-2009, 06:19 PM   #1
Amras.MG
Not sure if gone...

UPN PASBL: iamdewgong v. Salamencia

ARRRRGH MATEY WE BE HAVIN' US A MIGHTY OL BREW O A FIGHT HAR TERDAY!

3v3
Switch = Ok
2 days dq
Equiall
Slappy
PIRATE SHIP ARRRR
Pirate Ship: A large pirate ship, with what do we do with the drunken sailor blaring out from somewhere... The deck is large, and wooden. A cabin is on either side, and the deck is also above them, reached by ladders.. The steering wheel is on top of the right cabin. The cabins can be opened, but are empty, and smell of furnisher polish. A large mast is in the middle of the boat, and the sail bears the legendary skull and crossbones. Breaking through the top of the ship into the hull would be very feasible, and it is up to the ref's imagination to decide what is down there. The battle may continue onto the sea, which is salt water. The trainers sit in a ferry that follows the boat.
Special rules: Announcer (the captain of the ferry, an old sea dog), Ridiculously Easily Destroyed, Terrain Edge (Sea w/ Wild Pok�mon)
Optional special rules: Twilight

iamdewgong posts squad
Salamencia posts squad and sends out Pogey
iamdewgong sends out Pogey and attacks
Salamencia attacks
I ref
And the match goes on.
Old 07-20-2009, 06:30 PM   #2
iAmDewgong
Rainbow Badge

Send a message via MSN to iAmDewgong

Elixir - Male Duskull, lvl 1

Elixir is a party boy. The reason for this is that he noticed that neither Elixirs or Ethers are in the stores. Thus, he decided that everyone should be able to get a little bit of Elixir! Hahah!

Special Training: SingStar

Every party needs music, and thus, Elixir can use Sing.

Tarzan, female Totodile, level 1

I aim to beat Torky the Torkoal with this one. Which I won't. But I will try.

CHAPTER 1 - The Swamp

Tarzan had been living in a jungle for almost SEVENTYNINE YEARS :O So, she might be old, but Totodile can get extremely old without losing their speed and power and stuff. Betcha didn't know woho! *sings system of a down songs*

Anyway. This very jungle had a giant swamp which was scary yet amusing. Scary since lots of scary monsters lived there (like lots of Feraligatr and, err, Caterpie) but amusing since Tarzan could splash around as she wanted. She didn't care about getting dirty, and sometimes she even happened to swallow some of the swampy mud. That wasn't very tasty, but she loved the swamp too much to care about swallowing mud every now and then. However, some of the mud didn't leave the, err, natural way, and is still in her body.

CHAPTER 2 - The Fighter

The king of the jungle, Ambipom, was a great king. He never made bad decisions and every jungle citizen really liked him. The yearly "Two Jungles, One Cup" tournament between this place and the other Jungle in town was really liked by both... jungles. Hm.

The rules were simple - Each of the two jungle leaders picked three fighters to fight with against the other jungle. Last Pokemon Standing wins. Ambipom's team had a long winning streak - mainly because of their fierce Scyther, Jaco Pastorious, who could club down anyone. However, this time around, Jaco had made an everlasting post in the TA so to say - he had left for more jazzy things. Ambipom's replacement for him was very unexpected by the whole jungle - Tarzan.

"Tarzan? Who the heck is that?" the junglemen and women asked. "Urh, never heard the name before" was the usual answer. However, a scary Caterpie happened to know something; "Isn't that the young, muddy croco who's always hanging out at the swamp?"

Well said, Caterpie. Tarzan, who had just reached the age of 16, was chosen to battle together with Ambipom and the big boyos.

[predictable conclusion]

And how she did it. Right after the starting bell rang, she rushed over to the opponents team and knocked them all out;

A speedy Dodrio was swiftly taken down by two powerful Slashes.

A furious Cacturne fell at once for a well-placed Ice Beam.

A sneaky Kecleon, hiding in a tree, was beat by a Crunch to the head. Sry Jeri

The only one left to take down now was the leader for the other Jungle, a BIG Hippowdon. Intimidating, it opened it's big mouth, ready to chomp down on the poor croc. And...

*enter Tarzan's head* Holy crap, that's one huge mouth. Needs a bit of toothbrushinhg though. *leave Tarzan's head*

That's one cocky newbie. Oh well, it ain't braggin' if you can't back it up, Tarzan may have thought, and unleashed a WICKED Hydro Pump right into the poor 'Powdon's gaping mouth. Ring the bell, ring the bell!

[/predictable conclusion]

After this demonstration of power, Tarzan got known and respected in the whole country. For the sake of fairness, she even got banned from the TJ;OC.

CHAPTER 3 - The Shock

The strong Tarzan, now in the respectable age of 33, had been chilling out in the jungle for 33 years. Obvious? Maybe. Anyway. She felt like "Maaaan, 33 years is a very long time. I've been here for way too long already. It's time to go somewhere else." And go somewhere else, she did. After a harsh trip trough a desert where she Water Gunned a whole lot of Sandshrew into oblivion, she finally arrived to her goal - the ocean. When she saw it, she was like "OH THIS IS THE BEST THING EVER THERE'S WATER EVERYWHERE AND NOT A JUNGLE TREE IN SIGHT" and she rushed into the ocean with amazing speed.

She splashed around, enjoying herself, for maybe... two seconds. And then. A strange yellow glow in the water. "Hm!", Tarzan thought, "What is that? Needs some exploring". She swimmed out to the yellow blob...

PAIN. PAIN IN AMAZING AMOUNTS.

The Lanturn completely grilled poor Tarzan with a Thunderbolt. She had never been beaten before. And now OHKO'd!? Tarzan was ashamed and returned to the jungle, obsessed to find a way to beat the crap out of the electric basterds.

CHAPTER 4 - The Hippo

Upon her 50-years-anniversary, Tarzan had a huge party with all the jungle folks. Elixir the Duskull was the evening's main event, singing his amazing songs which made the party one of the best ever. E-Psych, the travelling Ralts, got the job as a bartender. He made some fine drinks.

Anyway. At around 22:30, Tarzan left the building and went out for a smoke. Aaand guess who showed up. Hippowdon. "Howdy", it said. "Well, howdy yourself", Tarzan replied, a bit suspicious though also rather dizzy from E-Psych's mixtures. "What brings you here, mate?" she continued.

The Hippo smiled with his big chompy mouth. "Just around to give you my best wishes and congratulations. I must say, in these 34 years, I have never recieved such a beatdown that you gave me."

Tarzan smiled a bit, still dizzy. The Hippo continued; "Have you ever lost a battle?"

Tarzan looked towards the hippo. What kind of question is that?

"Well... *hick* Only once. *burp* Against a friggin' electric... something." Tarzan had to sit down - What had that sneaky Ralts put in these drinks?

The Hippowdon glanced at her. "Electric, you say? Funny. I beat those guys without breaking a sweat." He looked around. "You know what, Tarzan - let me help you out. The next time you see one of those shocky things, you'll kick their butts." Tarzan, now feeling more dizzy than ever, tried to reply. "Oh... but... Cool... How?" but before she got an answer, she collapsed down on the jungle lawn. She caught a glimpse of white light from the hippo before fainting, however, but she thought it was because of the drinks.

CHAPTER 5 - The Mud

The party went on without anyone noticing this strange event and Tarzan wasn't found before the next morning. A healthy Manectric saw her sleeping in a bush, woke her up, and asked what she did there. Tarzan told her the story about the Hippo and the drinks.

The Manectric looked a bit "Eh?", and stated "you know, that Hippowdon left these areas like fifteen years ago. It was reported he was killed in a snowstorm too. You can't have met him."

Tarzan looked confused. "But..." before she could continue her sentence, she puked out a large ball of mud and sand on the electric dog-thingy, knocking him out immidiately. Tarzan was even more confused now. However, she realized this could be useful. But how did she get that ability?

Special Training: Spirit of Hippowdon

Due to the swampy baths and the Hippowdon incident, Tarzan can now use Mud Shot for 120% of the normal energy cost. Can be used three times per battle. However, she cannot use Headbutt (the pain in the head recalls pictures of the Lanturn) or Thrash anymore.

Zorro - Genderless Bronzor, lvl 1

Zorro loves Zorro. Especially his hat. He loves a lot of hats especially - The Lombre one is especially great.

Special training: Hats?

Zorro can now use Focus Blast, twice per battle.

(I love that sig btw)

Elk - Male Elekid, lvl 1

Elk is, like, my Pikachu. Not because of it's typing (even though the typing DOES match with Pikapika), because he is the first ever to join mah squad. Like Gary's Eevee in Pokemon Yellow. Because of this, Elk is awesome. He might be a big muncher who likes food, but he has some serious volts behind his belly. Yah. We all love E to Tha K - Elk.

Special Training: Globe

Elk's roundness has given him the power to use Rollout. He also sports a 15% more powerful Rolling Kick. However, we live in a superficial world... Elk can't use Attract or Captivate anymore.

E-Psych - Male Kirlia, lvl 2

E-Psych is the offspring of a Gardevoir and a Gallade who really disliked each other. Rumours are that the two psychic pokeparents are... Well, we shouldn't put faith in rumours like that. Anyway, E-Psych was found in the Sibirian frozen woods. Since nothing than Swinubs lives over there, I got a bit confused. After a while, it appeared like E-Psych have been travelling around quite a bit. On his travel bag, he has stickers from Mallorca, Australia, Nigeria, Russia and Madagaskar, to name a few.

Special Training: I've tasted lots of climates

Since Ralts is great globetrotter, he will feel more comfortable in Sandstorms, Hailstorms and other harsh climates. However, he feels like everyone should have the right to travel as they wish and WILL NOT use Mean Look anymore.

iamnotdewgongyet - Male Seel, lvl 1

Thanks for taking Nicky. Good luck Sala

Also ARRRRR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dosuser
MetagroƟ: Male Beldum
MetagroƟ is a totally metal dude. One day, Kuno's voice boomed out, "YOUR STRUGGLE TOTALLY MAKES YOU METAL." This benediction fueled MetagroƟ' determination to keep struggling to the very end. In his neverending struggle to fulfill his destiny, MetagroƟ sought out Morg for enlightenment. Morg looked with respect upon MetagroƟ' tireless struggle and permitted him to train alongside his Magikarp. Now, MetagroƟ has learned not to be mastered by its struggle, but to be the master of its Struggle.
iAmDewgong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 06:48 PM   #3
Salamencia
UPN's very own Houdini

Send a message via Skype™ to Salamencia
Good luck to you too... Dewgong?

Anyway, my squad:

Male Turtwig (Level 1) - Turtwig is a real team player. Always looking out for his friends in and out of battle. With intelligence to go with his kindness, Turtwig is the stability of the group.

No Signature Move

Female Squirtle (Level 1):
Squirtleā€™s motto is ā€œbrain over brawnā€, although it doesnā€™t mean to say her attacks donā€™t pack a punch. She doesnā€™t approve of rushed tactics, and will always try to stop her friends from acting rashly or fighting amongst each other.

No Signature Move

Male Abra (Level 1) - A loner, like Charmander, his long hours of sleep make him seem a dull character, and he is. Even when he's awake, Abra sits by himself. He won't attack strangers, but he never joins anyone to do anything. He only seems to interact with people that show a relatively high level of intelligence. In battle he constantly thinks through the moves he makes, and might not follow a command if it doesn't seem logical or reasonable in any way.

No Signature Move

Male Scyther (Level 1) - Scyther loves the natural world, and will always try to pass time there, either by relaxing by a tree, or training. He takes battles seriously, and is very proud. Because of this, he often spends a lot of time training. However, much like Pichu, he will always help a friend, and not just in battle either.

No Signature Move

Male Charmander (Level 1) - A loner, never wants to make friends, or play with others. He's difficult to handle, and will attack any stranger that tries to get near him. He's a ruthless fighter, and in battle it is hard to get him to stop fighting, even after the battle is over.

No Signature Move

Male Geodude (Level 1) - A very focused Pokemon, Geodude is able to keep doing something without being distracted by anything. He is very logically minded, and is a good mediator. Because of this, him and Turtwig have become good friends.

No Signature Move

And to start this battle off, Turtwig, you're up!

WF

Yes, I am online. No, I am not ASBing currently. WF takes priority, as it tends to take up less of my time.
Salamencia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 06:57 PM   #4
iAmDewgong
Rainbow Badge

Gogo Zorro.

Faint Attack into Flash Cannon.

Quote:
MetagroƟ is a totally metal dude. One day, Kuno's voice boomed out, "YOUR STRUGGLE TOTALLY MAKES YOU METAL." This benediction fueled MetagroƟ' determination to keep struggling to the very end. In his neverending struggle to fulfill his destiny, MetagroƟ sought out Morg for enlightenment. Morg looked with respect upon MetagroƟ' tireless struggle and permitted him to train alongside his Magikarp. Now, MetagroƟ has learned not to be mastered by its struggle, but to be the master of its Struggle.
Old 07-20-2009, 07:05 PM   #5
Salamencia
UPN's very own Houdini

Ok, we'll try a Crunch when Zorro comes in for the Faint Attack, then follow up with Leech Seed after he fires Flash Cannon.

WF

Yes, I am online. No, I am not ASBing currently. WF takes priority, as it tends to take up less of my time.
Old 07-21-2009, 12:39 AM   #6
Amras.MG
Not sure if gone...

It's late, so I'm going to do this quickly.

Zorro the Bronzor draws his opponent, a Turtwig close, before hitting him with a Faint Attack, the move catching Turtwig off guard due to the sneaky nature of the attack. Turtwig then Crunches onto Bronzor, his teeth doing almost no damage, but the Dark energy from the attack sinks in and hurts Bronzor pretty well. The floating Steel thing then fires off an orb of Steel energy at Turtwig, the Flash Cannon hitting it for some very good damage, before Turtwig shoots a Leech Seed at Bronzor. The Seed lands on his face, and Bronzor's vision is obscured as the seed glows, sapping a minor amount of energy and health from it.

Turtwig took a moderate hit, and used a good amount of energy.

Bronzor took a good hit, and used more energy than Turtwig. He currently has a Leech Seed on his face.

Salamencia, orders plz.

Last edited by Amras.MG; 07-21-2009 at 07:19 AM.
Amras.MG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 04:38 AM   #7
iAmDewgong
Rainbow Badge

Why did the Flash Cannon do lessened damage? :0

Quote:
Old 07-21-2009, 07:15 AM   #8
Amras.MG
Not sure if gone...

Because at 1 AM my mind doesn't work. Fixed.

Last edited by Amras.MG; 07-21-2009 at 07:18 AM.
Old 07-21-2009, 08:28 AM   #9
iAmDewgong
Rainbow Badge

> Faint Attack

> the Flash Cannon hitting it for some very good damage

> Turtwig took a moderate hit

.____.

Quote:
Old 07-21-2009, 10:50 AM   #10
Salamencia
UPN's very own Houdini

eh... I'll try not to disturb the Leech Seed, since assuming Bronzor doesn't grow arms, it'll have a little trouble getting it off... so Turtwig, we'll use Stealth Rock, followed with a Sunny Day while there IS a sun.

WF

Old 07-21-2009, 10:59 AM   #11
iAmDewgong
Rainbow Badge

Spin around, Zorro, like when you create Sandstorms. Should get the seeds away. Follow with a Confuse Ray for awesome status.

Quote:
Old 07-22-2009, 05:46 PM   #12
Amras.MG
Not sure if gone...

Zorro spins quickly, replicating the movement required for a Sandstorm technique. The rapid spinning sends the Leech Seed flying off of it, and the small seed lies on the ground, not destroyed. It can still be recalled to recieve the energy sapped last round. Turtwig growls, Stealthily summoning some Rocks to hit Bronzor. The stones shoot up and hit the Steel type, who grunts, although it didn't look like he took too much damage. Turtiwg then fires up some Fire energy into the sky, which begins to clear out the clouds, prolonging the twilight instead of letting it become nighttime. Bronzor hits Turtiwg square in the face with a Confuse Ray, sending the Grass turtle into ultra-trippy, confused land.

Bronzor used a good amount of energy and took a medium hit. No longer trapped by Leech Seed.

Turtwig took no damage and used a pretty high amount of energy. He is very confused.

Because it is twilight, Sunny Day will only have the following effects: increase the power of Synthesis/Moonlight, make the arena slightly lighter, and keep away any coastal storms.

iamdewgong, orders plz.
Old 07-22-2009, 05:53 PM   #13
iAmDewgong
Rainbow Badge

Did the rocks like destroy the boat or something?

Quote:
Old 07-22-2009, 06:04 PM   #14
Amras.MG
Not sure if gone...

No. Stealth Rock, by description, appears once to hit the opponent, then disappears until the next Pokemon is sent out. The description's a little vague, however, on how the rocks actually get there, so I have it as if they aren't actually affecting the environment.
Old 07-22-2009, 06:05 PM   #15
iAmDewgong
Rainbow Badge

Fair enough.

Zorro, pick IT up with a Psychic and toss her in the water. Do it again if it doesn't work.

Quote:

Last edited by iAmDewgong; 07-22-2009 at 06:12 PM.
Old 07-22-2009, 06:11 PM   #16
Salamencia
UPN's very own Houdini

*him

Turtwig, just let him throw you into the water, since you probably won't do what I say. Try firing an Energy Ball at Zorro after he's thrown you if you can manage it.

WF

Old 07-23-2009, 06:17 PM   #17
Amras.MG
Not sure if gone...

Zorro uses Psychic, lifting up his foe Turtwig and throwing him into the water. Turtwig doesn't struggle, but hits the water hard. Although the impact didn't deal any damage, it looks like the shock knocked the Grass type out of his confusion. Turtwig looks up at Zorro and fires an Energy Ball towards his foe, but the Bronzor is so far away that the attack is easily dodged. Turwig's soily back begins to harden from contact with water, giving him the Defense boost of a Withdraw.

Both Pokemon used a good amount of energy and took no damage. Turtwig is in the water, but has a Defense boost.

Old 07-23-2009, 06:50 PM   #18
Salamencia
UPN's very own Houdini

Turtwig, try to swim back to the ship. Climb back into it if you can, if not, fire a Seed Bomb.

WF

Last edited by Salamencia; 07-24-2009 at 11:35 AM.
Old 07-24-2009, 09:36 AM   #19
iAmDewgong
Rainbow Badge

If he gets up on the boat, nail him with a double Signal Beam. If he doesn't, Calm Mind.

Quote:
Old 07-24-2009, 10:11 PM   #20
Amras.MG
Not sure if gone...

Turtwig swims to the side of the boat and attempts to climb up it, but can't. Because this is a pirate ship. And small turtles can't climb up pirate ships due to the 90 degrees incline and lack of appendages worthy of climbing. Bronzor Calms his Mind, boosting his special stats, and laughs as a Seed Bomb lands on the deck next to him. It's extremely difficult to shoot a Pokemon in the center of a deck when you're next to the hull of the boat.

Energy use was about the same on both sides, and no damage was taken.

Iamdewgong, orders plz.
Old 07-25-2009, 06:33 AM   #21
iAmDewgong
Rainbow Badge

Beef yourself up with an Iron Defense. If he gets up (lol) Signal Beam.

Quote:
Old 07-25-2009, 10:50 AM   #22
Salamencia
UPN's very own Houdini

Fire a hole in the ship with a Seed Bomb.

WF

Old 07-26-2009, 05:33 PM   #23
Amras.MG
Not sure if gone...

Turtwig blows a hole in the ship with a Seed Bomb, and jumps into the inner hull, where he finds a staircase and lots of boxes of explosives and a cannon and some cannonballs. There is also a lot of booze and rat feces. Meanwhile, Bronzor continues to boost himself with an Iron Defense.

Bronzor and Turtwig still have a good amount of health left, although both are pushing half energy wise. Bronzor's Sp. Stats are boosted by a Calm Mind, and his Defense is boosted by an Iron Defense. It is altered Twilight.

Salamencia, orders plz.

Spoiler: show
This helped me on my other reffing, so I'm putting it here. >.>

Bronzor
Energy: 5 Hyper Beams
Health: 2.3 Hyper Beams

R1: Faint Attack, Flash Cannon
R2: Sandstorm, Confuse Ray
R3: Psychic
R4: Calm Mind
R5: Iron Defense

Turtwig
Energy: 5 Hyper Beams
Health: 2 Hyper Beams

R1: Crunch, Leech Seed
R2: Stealth Rock, Sunny Day
R3: Energy Ball
R4: Seed Bomb
R5: Seed Bomb

Last edited by Amras.MG; 07-27-2009 at 05:14 PM.
Old 07-26-2009, 06:00 PM   #24
Salamencia
UPN's very own Houdini

Ok Turtwig, climb up to the deck and fire Energy Ball at Bronzor.

WF

Old 07-26-2009, 06:04 PM   #25
iAmDewgong
Rainbow Badge

Take his ball. Double Signal Beam.

Quote:

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL