UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL

Old 08-23-2009, 11:13 AM   #76
Jerichi
本✚能

Round Nineteen
Koi: With his body bound up, Sakai seems to have a bit of trouble getting started, a little slow to act. This allows his foe to beat him to the punch, performing a whirling Swords Dance. However, it doesn't take long for him to catch up with a Swords Dance of his own, which gets his blood pumping and rids him of the worst symptoms of his affliction. With both parties feeling pretty pumped, each begins to charge glowing energy in their respective appendages, Sakai with a Steel Wing and Liz with a Dynamicpunch. They both rush at each other, and as they near, Sakai makes a sharp turn as Liz gives a sharp hook.

Boom!

Koi: In a small explosion, the attacks collide, throwing both battler back with their boosted force. Sakai recovers a bit more quickly than his foe, but neither seem to be out of the battle just yet.

At the end of the round...

Pupurin: Liz took a pretty solid hit, using a good deal of energy in the process. She's already panting just a little bit, but her health is already starting to near half.

Pupurin: Sakai took more damage than his foe, but still holds a solid lead. Energy use was a bit less than Liz and he's panting a tiny bit too.
Jerichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 07:35 AM   #77
Insidious_Dreamer
Marsh Badge

Send a message via AIM to Insidious_Dreamer Send a message via MSN to Insidious_Dreamer
Yo Jeri, was there any confusion?

Looks like I might be here to stay...

PASBL Trainer Level: 4 | 26-12-8 | 77 KO's | 199 TP | 0 SP
PASBL Referee (C+)
| Squad | League Table |

[.:Badges:.]
Reffing Badge
Onslaught Badge
Insidious_Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 07:18 PM   #78
Jerichi
本✚能

Nope. If there was I would have stated it.
Old 08-26-2009, 10:59 AM   #79
Insidious_Dreamer
Marsh Badge

Send a message via AIM to Insidious_Dreamer Send a message via MSN to Insidious_Dreamer
Hmmmm, Thunderpunch please Liz

PASBL Referee (C+)
| Squad | League Table |

Reffing Badge
Onslaught Badge
Old 08-27-2009, 05:49 AM   #80
Muyotwo
Dominator of Bike Levels

I'll make this round simple then. Sakai, one super-buffed X-Scissor, to go.
Muyotwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 07:54 PM   #81
Jerichi
本✚能

Round Twenty
Koi: Both Pokemon start this round by charging their respective attacks. Liz lights her fist with crackling electricity, while Sakai's claws are charged with a green, buggy glow. Liz is first to charge, but Sakai quickly jumps into action as well, and both meet about in the middle, arms raised for the attack. Thunderpunch meets X-Scissor, and both Pokemon visibly cringe as the attacks are exchanged, but Liz seems much worse off. She's thrown back, and while she manages to land on her feet, it's clear that she's not all too happy about that hit.

Pupurin: Liz took a hard hit, and while not at half yet, she's closing in. Energy use was pretty good.

Pupurin: Sakai used nice energy and took a nice hit, still holding a lead over Liz.
Old 08-27-2009, 09:15 PM   #82
Muyotwo
Dominator of Bike Levels

Sakai, time to start winding this match down. Give her a blast of Silver Wind, then dice her with a Metal Claw. Almost time to get this plated and ready for judging.
Old 08-28-2009, 10:24 AM   #83
Insidious_Dreamer
Marsh Badge

Love the Chef lines. It suits you, lol. The only issue with it is that I'm not quite ready to let you have this match, sir Muyo...

Liz, jump back while firing a Bullet Seed at that Wind, then Dig for some dodge and attack on the Claw. I like being faster than you...

PASBL Referee (C+)
| Squad | League Table |

Reffing Badge
Onslaught Badge
Old 08-29-2009, 09:35 AM   #84
Jerichi
本✚能

Round Twenty
Koi: The round starts with Sakai charging some more buggy energy, this time in his wings. Suddenly, his wings begin to flap rapidly, releasing a Silver Wind as a flurry of shining silver scales fly off his steely wings. Liz tries to respond as fast as possible, spitting a flurry of Bullet Seeds through the wind... with limited success. While some of the seeds have the momentum to fight the early stages of the gust, not a whole lot of them make it through, and the few that do just bounce off Sakai's exoskeleton like harmless rain drops, literally doing damage so negligible that it couldn't KO him if he had 1/100th of a Hyper Beam of his health left. So yeah...

Koi: The wind travels to Liz unhindered, blasting her with some nice, super-effective damage. She cringes as she's pushed back a bit, but manages to recover without much problem. She's not out of the woods yet, however, as Sakai's Claw soon lights up with Metallic energy, and he flies in to attack. Liz reacts as quickly as she can, diving underground by Digging frantically. She manages to get under just as Sakai swipes at her, his claw just grazing the tip of her leafy tail for a little bit of damage. After only a moment, she pops right back up, hitting the bug for some decent damage.

Pupurin: Liz is already closing in on half after that Silver Wind. Energy use was not too high.

Pupurin: Sakai took a decent hit and used some pretty good energy. He still holds a hefty lead.
Old 08-30-2009, 09:33 AM   #85
Insidious_Dreamer
Marsh Badge

Hang on..... I ordered to attack the wind, not through it right? That was supposed to have a whole heap of Bullet Seed collide with the hardened pockets of Bug-type energy and cause mini-explosions, and effectively waste Sakai's energy. The attacks descript details it being a Gust with hardened Bug-type energy bits. It makes sense. Plus, according to the anime, I should be able to jump away from it and not get hit since it always shows the move as being a directed gust of air.

PASBL Referee (C+)
| Squad | League Table |

Reffing Badge
Onslaught Badge
Old 08-30-2009, 01:16 PM   #86
Jerichi
本✚能

Um.

No.

Please order.
Old 08-31-2009, 09:03 AM   #87
Insidious_Dreamer
Marsh Badge

Gah... So much for creative ordering...

Flash, Dynamic Punch

PASBL Referee (C+)
| Squad | League Table |

Reffing Badge
Onslaught Badge
Old 08-31-2009, 09:51 AM   #88
Muyotwo
Dominator of Bike Levels

Yep, they don't get much less creative than that.

Sakai, Skull Bash will keep your eyes down and protect your head from the inevitable punch. Follow with an unoriginal but effective X-Scissor. The theme ingredient of this round is pain.
Old 08-31-2009, 08:01 PM   #89
Jerichi
本✚能

Round Twenty-One
Koi: Starting the round, Liz suddenly begins to glow faintly, preparing to release a Flash of light. Just as the bright rays are released, Sakai ducks his head down, effectively evading the light while preparing for his attack. A glowing white shell forms over his pointy head as a quick burst of his wings propels him forward. Liz prepares to counter with a Dynamicpunch, summoning glowing energy around her fist. Just as Sakai rushes in, she swings, both colliding. A small explosion results, but Sakai doesn't lose enough momentum to be blasted back, smacking Liz back. Sakai halts as Liz skids across the grass, looking a bit shaken by the hit, even with the protective layer of energy. Regardless, he continues, raising his claws for yet another X-Scissor. Vulnerable, Liz can't do much, and is slashed once again by the bug's sharp claws.

Pupurin: Liz's energy use was pretty good, but she took some hard damage, pushing her over half.

Pupurin: Sakai took some good damage, using solid energy and panting a bit.
Old 09-01-2009, 03:38 AM   #90
Muyotwo
Dominator of Bike Levels

Sakai, simplicity is key this round, and keep in mind it's not your fault that your moveset is terribly limited. Secret Power.
Old 09-02-2009, 10:56 AM   #91
Insidious_Dreamer
Marsh Badge

Secret Power, Dynamic Punch

PASBL Referee (C+)
| Squad | League Table |

Reffing Badge
Onslaught Badge
Old 09-02-2009, 07:42 PM   #92
Jerichi
本✚能

Round Twenty-Two
Koi: With a fairly limited move set, Sakai tries to spice it up a little, summoning his Secret Power. However, it's clearly not that secret, as Liz summons up a beam herself. Both attacks are fired around the same time, and both the beams collide, effectively canceling each other out in a small explosion. Liz is not quite done yet, however, mustering her last bit of fighting spirit into her fist for one more DynamicPunch. She dashes in and delivers a heavy punch, another small explosion resulting. Sakai skids back a few feet from the impact, managing to recover without much problem.

Pupurin: Liz took no damage but used the rest of her Fighting energy. She's panting a good bit too.

Pupurin: Solid damage for Sakai. He's around half, probably a bit above it. Energy use was ok.
Old 09-04-2009, 07:36 PM   #93
Muyotwo
Dominator of Bike Levels

Chariot BUMP
Old 09-06-2009, 03:28 AM   #94
Muyotwo
Dominator of Bike Levels

Chariot BUMP again!
Old 09-11-2009, 09:45 AM   #95
Insidious_Dreamer
Marsh Badge

Swagger then Agility to dodge, as long as he actually attacks.

PASBL Referee (C+)
| Squad | League Table |

Reffing Badge
Onslaught Badge
Old 09-11-2009, 11:35 AM   #96
Muyotwo
Dominator of Bike Levels

Swagger again? We'll see if it works out any better for you this time.

Pursuit to force him into Agility and hit him anyway, Sakai. Since she has been kind enough to further boost your attacking prowess, follow up with two X-Scissors to end this match with a flourish.
Old 09-12-2009, 10:35 PM   #97
Jerichi
本✚能

Round Twenty-Three
Koi: With her trainer still hoping to annoy his foes, Liz begins to Swagger about once again. Sakai, of a culture of honor and dignity towards your elders, takes great offense to this gesture, clearly angered. Immediately, he surrounds himself in a black bubble, speedily racing towards the Grovyle. Liz tries to use her superior Agility to evade the Scizor, but the nature of the Pursuit prevents the getaway, allowing him to smack into the gecko with ease. She quickly loses her footing from the unexpected hit, falling forward into the grass. Sakai, wasting no time, raises his claws for yet another X-Scissor, rage fueling his attack. With a quick X-shaped slash, he inflicts some major pain upon the insolent reptile. Once again, he raises his claws and draws another X-Scissor across the Grovyle's back. Liz gives out a yelp, writhing from the pain, but can barely attempt to recover.

Liz is unable to battle! Sakai and Muyo are the winners!

Koi: Quite a battle, you two! A nice show from the both of you. I don't have much to say though, as the big verdict will be coming from Muyo.

Quark: Points!
Muyo: 3 KOs, 6 TP
I_D: 3 TP
Jeri: 3 SP (maybe 3.75 if Muyo is nice?)

Koi: We hope to see you again!
Old 09-15-2009, 08:52 AM   #98
Insidious_Dreamer
Marsh Badge

Well done, sir Muyo. I bow to thee. I hope someday I can rectify this loss with a more pleasing win, but for now, this'll have to do. Nicely played. I was hoping to get in a few more hits, but that's not how the cookie crumbles.

Thanks for the reffing, Jeri. It was a great match. Sorry for my outbursts earlier in the match as well. I hope it didn't offend you much *hides*

PASBL Referee (C+)
| Squad | League Table |

Reffing Badge
Onslaught Badge
Old 09-16-2009, 11:13 AM   #99
Muyotwo
Dominator of Bike Levels

Thank you for the match, I_D, I enjoyed it. A few points of criticism to help you improve and perhaps make your continued gym pursuit more fruitful.

First: The "Put a Mozz quote in your sig" thing was months ago. He already unretired.

Second: Watch your energy usage. Popping out high energy attack after high energy attack is a drain, and Pokémon have other moves in their sets for a reason. This deficiency can be overcome when one is able to strike the opponents weaknesses with some regularity, but in a gym defense it is unlikely that you will be able to regularly land super effective blows to make up for this energy wasting.

Third: Swagger is spectacularly unreliable the way you use it. You used it several times, including once on my Scizor who can pretty much only attack physically. Poor planning.

Fourth: Don't lean so heavily on Dynamicpunch. It's a great move, but proper time and place make it much more effective.

Fifth: Your match banter is fine, and your total confidence in yourself is admirable. However, if it's going to do you any good in your continued ASB endeavors, you need to take the mindset of your opponent in mind as well. There are some opponents for whom your continued confidence throughout the match would be aggravating/intimidating, which would be a boon. However, if you've found yourself outmatched to that point in the match, it loses its effectiveness, and you might be better off trying to lull your opponent into a false sense of security and overconfidence. The psychology of ASB can be almost as effective as actual ordering, Archaic built a nice little reputation for himself in the ASB without much real skill, but a whole lot of intimidation. And don't say you're entirely certain of doing something, stating that there was no way you were going to let Tita KO two of your Pokémon before she went down for example, unless you can back it up.

Sixth: Air Cutter is a great move, you should incorporate regular use of it in your matches.

Finally: Learn to identify your opponents strategy quickly. This isn't an issue in the majority of ASB matches since a good number of ASBers seem to only know the one "Hit hard, hit super-effectively, hit after they're done hitting you" that's been popular for years. In this match, however, you not noticing that I was bleeding your energy until Jeri explicitly said that you no longer had enough energy to KO me from damage. Early recognition could have potentially saved that matchup.

Keep plugging away, beat some good people, and if you improve significantly, you'll get your rematch.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL