UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL

Old 08-12-2009, 08:54 PM   #51
Jerichi
本✚能

Round Fourteen - FIRST REFFING AS AN A- REF. Shame it's not complicated so I can't flex my reffing muscles or something.
Koi: Tita, trying to stay away from any physical attacks, stays in the air... effectively performing a zero-move combo. Lili doesn't seem to mind, however, as she takes the time to perform some photoSynthesis... but it seems that the Hail cloud above her prevents her from getting the full benefit of the move. While she does manage to recover some health and energy, it's significantly less than what she would have if it were clearer. Not only that, but the Hail chips some of that restored health off as well, leaving her not a whole lot better off than last round.

At the end of the round...

Pupurin: Tita took some hail damage and actually regained some energy.

Pupurin: Some net gain in both departments for Lili, but not a ton.
Jerichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 11:31 PM   #52
Muyotwo
Dominator of Bike Levels

Spoiler #1: ID does nothing because moving deactivates Synthesis

Spoiler #2: Lili gets crushed under four hundred pounds of dragon.

Ref plz.
Muyotwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 08:53 AM   #53
Insidious_Dreamer
Marsh Badge

Send a message via AIM to Insidious_Dreamer Send a message via MSN to Insidious_Dreamer
Hmmm, seems u really wanna go for that idea you had. Lili, Swagger her again. I hear violent rages are all the rage. When she comes at you, dodge with Agility

Looks like I might be here to stay...

PASBL Trainer Level: 4 | 26-12-8 | 77 KO's | 199 TP | 0 SP
PASBL Referee (C+)
| Squad | League Table |

[.:Badges:.]
Reffing Badge
Onslaught Badge
Insidious_Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 04:37 PM   #54
Muyotwo
Dominator of Bike Levels

I got what I wanted, you moved, and your healing move for the match is over.

Tita, close your eyes while she swaggers, then approach her from the air looking as aggressive as possible so she'll waste energy on agility.
Old 08-14-2009, 10:50 PM   #55
Jerichi
本✚能

Round Fifteen
Koi: Hoping to provoke her foe further, Lili begins to Swagger about once more, trying to prove her superiority over the large dragon. However, her movements fall on... blind eyes as Tita quickly snaps her eyes closed, completely blocking out the Lombre's attempts at enraging the dragon. She seems a bit surprised and annoyed that she's being ignored by her foe, an interesting inversion of the intended effects. However, Tita's eyes soon fly open once again, but this time seem to express anger as she menacingly descends upon the lily. As she swoops in, Lili gets cold feet, zipping out of the way with Agility, but it seems that Tita simply feigned an attack, swooping up once again with no further actions. Lili turns and stops, noticing her opponent's lack of attacks, feeling even more enraged.

Pupurin: Not much energy use and some hail damage. At this rate, she might faint from the hail slowly and periodically chipping health off her before using up her energy.

Pupurin: More solid energy use from Lili, and what little she gained back with Synthesis has been used up.

Last edited by Jerichi; 08-15-2009 at 02:52 PM.
Old 08-15-2009, 08:56 AM   #56
Insidious_Dreamer
Marsh Badge

Send a message via AIM to Insidious_Dreamer Send a message via MSN to Insidious_Dreamer
Spoilers: Muyo does nothing to prove that his Dragon will outlast two of my 'mon.

PASBL Referee (C+)
| Squad | League Table |

Reffing Badge
Onslaught Badge
Old 08-15-2009, 02:52 PM   #57
Jerichi
本✚能

A quick edit after a re-read of Synthesis, just so you know.

Also Hail will be ending this round.
Old 08-15-2009, 03:05 PM   #58
Muyotwo
Dominator of Bike Levels

I maintain that any synthesis gain would've been minimal due to her summoning hail. Incidentally "Several" rounds have passed, so it's time for that effect to cease as well.

Incidentally, preorder banter has no effect on my orders.

Excellent work, Tita, you have her on the run. Air Cutter, then relax out of arms reach.
Old 08-16-2009, 08:28 AM   #59
Insidious_Dreamer
Marsh Badge

But you didn't do as i suggested, right?

Lili, a simple Double Team should allow you to watch her to keel over from energy use...

PASBL Referee (C+)
| Squad | League Table |

Reffing Badge
Onslaught Badge

Last edited by Insidious_Dreamer; 08-16-2009 at 08:39 AM.
Old 08-16-2009, 08:37 AM   #60
Muyotwo
Dominator of Bike Levels

Her.
Old 08-16-2009, 08:39 AM   #61
Insidious_Dreamer
Marsh Badge

s'what it says. lol

PASBL Referee (C+)
| Squad | League Table |

Reffing Badge
Onslaught Badge
Old 08-16-2009, 10:13 AM   #62
Jerichi
本✚能

Round Sixteen
Koi: Spreading her wings once again, Tita begins to whip up another blast of wind. Lili reacts quickly, however, attempting to evade the attack by splitting into three with a Double Team. Tita just smirks, however, as her wind travels through one clone, easily eliminating it, and it's not-so-concentrated blast whips at another, taking it out as well. This leaves the real Lili to stand, looking pretty tired, her plan having failed despite not taking any damage.

Pupurin: Tita is nearing the last chunk of her energy, and is probably around "critical".

Pupurin: Lili is in a similar, if not worse position.
Old 08-17-2009, 03:23 AM   #63
Insidious_Dreamer
Marsh Badge

Jeri, I'm worse in what?

PASBL Referee (C+)
| Squad | League Table |

Reffing Badge
Onslaught Badge
Old 08-17-2009, 05:59 AM   #64
Jerichi
本✚能

Energy. You still have a significant portion of your health.

気紛れを 許して 今更なんて思わずに急かしてよ
もっと中迄入って あたしの衝動を 突き動かしてよ

asbwffb

[jerichi]
Old 08-17-2009, 06:30 AM   #65
Insidious_Dreamer
Marsh Badge

Intriguing. I would say I don't agree with you, but when in a match with sir Muyo, arguing with the ref is either "You've got balls", "You're an idiot" or both. Since I respect you, I'll go with it, but I see an incongruence.

Lili. You seem to be out of energy. Do Nothing, but that >5% dodge rate (as a result of doing nothing and being rather keenly alert to ur opponent) will have to have something to say about any attacks she does. That said, Tita can't possibly have enough energy to KO you now.

PASBL Referee (C+)
| Squad | League Table |

Reffing Badge
Onslaught Badge
Old 08-17-2009, 06:40 AM   #66
Jerichi
本✚能

Don't do the dodge rate, just FYI. I'll give you leeway on damage but don't expect any complete dodges.

Also, you easily used well over half your energy in the first two rounds your Lombre was out with a Blizzard and Hydro Pump (totaling a little under 2 Hyper Beams), followed directly by a Sub (which, upon breaking, uses 2 Hyper Beams total). With pretty consistent energy use after that, you've burned through another Hyper Beam or so.

Just calling it how I see it. ;\

Last edited by Jerichi; 08-17-2009 at 06:43 AM.
Old 08-17-2009, 06:53 AM   #67
Muyotwo
Dominator of Bike Levels

Tita, excellent work, Mark has let her fall straight into our hands.

Body Slam to pin her securely beneath your almost seven times superior weight, then Rest. She'll burn whatever energy she has left if she wants to escape from beneath you, and if she stays beneath you, her crushing (Oh ho ho) defeat is all the more secure.
Old 08-17-2009, 09:06 PM   #68
Jerichi
本✚能

Round Seventeen
Koi: Being quite tired after a string of energy-intensive attacks and an attempt to chill out that seems to have only helped somewhat, Lili's trainer has ordered her to do... nothing. With quite a large health lead over her current, equally exhausted foe, a break seems like a smart idea. Tita, however, has something up her sleeve. The dragon lumbers over to her foe, and suddenly...

SLAM!

Koi: ...she plops right onto Lili, Slamming her with her Body. The moment she hits the ground, she immediately begins to Rest atop her. Needless to say, having a 7'2" 463 lb (2.2 m, 210 kg) Dragon on a 4 foot, 72 pound (1.2 m, 32.5 kg) Mexican Water Lily is not the best of situations, especially when said dragon is asleep and unmoving atop your 'mon. Lili, despite orders to do nothing, desperately thrashes beneath her foe's weight, being crushed by the significantly heavier Pokemon. After a generous amount of panicked writing, she can't seem to pull herself free, but with one more, adrenaline-powered jerk, she manages to free herself from the crushing force somewhat, only to promptly faint, still partially pinned by the snoozing dragon.

Koi: As the round ends, Tita awakens, only to find a passed out Lombre under her chin.

Lili is unable to battle! I_D, please send out your last Pokemon!

Pupurin: Tita had a refreshing nap. While she's backed away from the Critical ranges, she still doesn't have that much energy left, but she's got enough to put a decent dent in her next foe.
Old 08-19-2009, 08:37 AM   #69
Insidious_Dreamer
Marsh Badge

Well fuck. This thing doesn't die and now had energy to boot. Lili return my darling, you did an excellent job.

Continuing the trend of Grass girls, Liz, battoru sutations! Swagger then Dragonbreath

PASBL Referee (C+)
| Squad | League Table |

Reffing Badge
Onslaught Badge
Old 08-19-2009, 09:20 AM   #70
Muyotwo
Dominator of Bike Levels

Although Tita would most certainly like to continue her adventure through your grass types, I_D, and would stubbornly wish to keep going, when it comes to Grovyle...

She might be convinced otherwise as well. So Tita, return with your consciousness intact, I appreciate all your hard work.

Sakai, be swift, be silent, be victorious.

Let her Swagger raise your ire and assault her with an Iron Head, followed up quickly with an X-Scissor.
Old 08-21-2009, 10:10 AM   #71
Insidious_Dreamer
Marsh Badge

Love the comic btw. Works a charm. Plus, I believe this gives me the opportunity to respond......

Liz, it seems we have a new competitor trying to take advantage of us. Dynamic Punch him out of the rode when he goes for the Iron Head and Mega Punch the X-Scissor.

PASBL Referee (C+)
| Squad | League Table |

Reffing Badge
Onslaught Badge
Old 08-21-2009, 04:18 PM   #72
Jerichi
本✚能

Ack sorry.

Freakin' school causing me to lose my bonus.

And no it does not, I_D. I'll be reffing momentarily.

気紛れを 許して 今更なんて思わずに急かしてよ
もっと中迄入って あたしの衝動を 突き動かしてよ

asbwffb

[jerichi]
Old 08-21-2009, 04:31 PM   #73
Jerichi
本✚能

Round Eighteen
Koi: With Lili down, I_D sends out his next operative, Liz the Grovyle. Muyo decides it's best to recall his fiery dragon, withdrawing Tita. In exchange, he sends out Sakai, the Iron Chef Scizor, showing the strength of Steel with his slicing mantis. Looks like it'll be shears vs. blades; which interpretation of a cooking implement will reign supreme?!

Koi: In an attempt to enrage her foe, Liz begins to Swagger about, provoking Sakai. The Japanese mantis takes great offense to his gestures, feeling his honor has clearly been insulted by such arrogant indolence. This fuels his next move as he lowers his spiny cranium. With his Head glowing resplendently with an Iron casing, he rushes in, slamming into Liz for a solid hit. The Grovyle is winded by this assault, stumbling back a few steps. Sakai rights himself quickly, raising a pair of claws. As he brings up his namesake implements, they begin to glow with green buggy energy. He appropriately draws them across the gecko for a hard hit. Liz cringes as the sharp claws are raked across her scaly skin, but manages to recover without much issue. Once she has her wits about her, she responds with a misty green Dragonbreath. Despite resisting the attack, the flames make the Scizor look a bit uncomfortable as they graze his steely form. Once they fade, he suddenly seems a bit disconcerted and looks as if he is a bit tense... it seems he's been paralyzed!

Pupurin: Liz took two nice shots right off the bat. Energy use was moderate.

Pupurin: Sakai took an ok hit, but his paralysis is a bit more pressing, as he seems to be moderately bound. Energy use was higher than his foe but he's still quite fresh.
Old 08-22-2009, 07:38 PM   #74
Muyotwo
Dominator of Bike Levels

Returning in a Switch = KO match does not entail a reorder, that is only in Switch = OK cases.

A Super effective Swaggered X-Scissor is only a Decent hit? Guess I'll have to try harder.

Swords Dance to increase your blood circulation and end the Paralysis and give yourself an even more impressive boost. Follow up with Steel Wing, as I don't want the X-Scissors to get old too fast.

Last edited by Muyotwo; 08-22-2009 at 07:41 PM.
Old 08-23-2009, 08:41 AM   #75
Insidious_Dreamer
Marsh Badge

Oh, well then, it was worth a shot. But it's good to know anyway.

Liz. This should be good. While he's stuck trying to move his paralysed body, Swords Dance urself. Then, Dynamic Punch please.

PASBL Referee (C+)
| Squad | League Table |

Reffing Badge
Onslaught Badge

Last edited by Insidious_Dreamer; 08-23-2009 at 09:04 AM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL