UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON

Old 04-26-2007, 04:53 PM   #51
Skrusti
Boulder Badge

Re: Pokemon diamond and pearl.

My Budew evolved into Roselia at school today xd. I was happy.
Old 04-27-2007, 12:23 AM   #52

Talon, once you get the egg, its stats are set. So, to get correct stats, you would have to bike all over again.

These are the steps to get decent ivs pretty quickly without the hassle of genders, traits, and natures.

When the guy is out with the egg, save in front of him.

Then, pick up the egg, and hatch it. Check the trait, gender, and nature. If its the one you like, check its stats. If the stats suck, reset, and you will be infront of the guy again. He will have that egg you hatched before its hatched, so you will know it has the gender and trait you want, so keep hatching the same egg over and over again until you get satisfactory ivs.

If its not the one you like, do this again.

This is awesome for breeding parents, but if you want the "perfect" pokemon, it is much better to just go around biking than this method because it will take a while for many of the longer eggs.

Also, anything with Magma Armour or w/e halves the amount of steps it takes for the egg to hatch.
Old 04-27-2007, 12:26 AM   #53
SulcataIxlude
Cascade Badge

Send a message via AIM to SulcataIxlude Send a message via MSN to SulcataIxlude Send a message via Yahoo to SulcataIxlude

Yeah I finally have a jolly skorupi with snipe!

*Runs off to level him up to 40 in preparation for the 5th gym leader.*

I have a question for all those pokemon breeding fanatics out there: When I pulled out my two over-sexed skorupi from the day care I noticed they had crunch, poison strike, and some other fun abilities. Yet when I hatched my skorupi it lacked any of those fun abilities. Is there any way to ensure a Pokemon will have decent moves bred onto them if they didn't have them in the first place?
SulcataIxlude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 12:58 AM   #54
Arnold
Just call me sir

from what Iget is, those moves were taught to it while it was in daycare, I've had pokes used in there learn new moves but the baby will always get the moves the parents had when they were first were dropped off, if you redropped them off for more eggs the baby will have the moves that they've learnt.

Prgoress on my part, jsut got the 3rd badge and fly, i'm bloody thankful I can go fisit old palces that I had to miss due to not having HM's, Liking these poketech things a well, some nice little features in them ^^
Old 04-27-2007, 01:11 AM   #55

Pretty much exactly what Arnold said. Moves learned are shown after you take them out of the daycare. If they didn't have them while in the daycare, then the babies won't get them either.
Old 04-27-2007, 01:11 AM   #56
SulcataIxlude
Cascade Badge

Send a message via AIM to SulcataIxlude Send a message via MSN to SulcataIxlude Send a message via Yahoo to SulcataIxlude

Oh ok, I just found it weird that my newest baby skorupi lacked crunch and cross poison. Anyways I am deciding who should be my final team member. My planned team so far is...

Final form of steel penguin, staraptor, garchomp, rhyperior, and dorapion. I was thinking of Magmortal (having thunderbolt, flamethrower, and will o wisp on the same pokemon can be very handy not to mention he looks pretty nifty), or some kind of rapid spinner like armaldo (I might give dorapion roar, so he suits my phaser roll.)
Old 04-27-2007, 01:15 AM   #57

Dorapion gets whirlwind, whcih is much better.

You have a bad ice weak and lack special defense. I'd suggest either going for a Blissey, because chansey is now catchable early in the game, or you could just go for magmortar. But it seems you want dp pokemon, so get whatever you want. If you want some help with competitive battling, just ask. I'll try to do my best to support.
Old 04-27-2007, 01:17 AM   #58
SulcataIxlude
Cascade Badge

Oh wow didn't notice how bad my ice weak was until now. :P Maybe I'll drop garchomp (since I love the fact that rhyperior learns stone edge, earthquake, megahorn, and other attacks like that by himself.) So maybe I can replace garchomp with magmortal, and nab blissey for a special wall/healcleansingbot?
Old 04-27-2007, 01:26 AM   #59

Personally, isee no point in the water starter. It's role is mainly special tank with some nice resistances, but it is so badly outclassed by many water types. >>;;

Drapion and Rhyperior do nice tanking on the physical side, but having both being weak to Earthquake won't get you anywhere. And earthquake is the most common attack. So, maybe you might want to reconsider them. Unless you have Drapion for ch haxing, but it has pretty bad attacking types.

Stratarptor or however you say it is a solid pokemon, but doesn't really seem to suit the team all too much.

I'm not really sure how to help you right now, because it seems a Tyranitar will walk all over your pokemon. >>;;
Old 04-27-2007, 01:31 AM   #60
SulcataIxlude
Cascade Badge

Rhyperiors trait solid rock seems to help him last a little bit longer during earthquake assaults, and I was thinking of nabbing a heracross or some fighting type for pesky rock and dark types like tyranitar. And I like the penguin due to all of his resistances to stuff (I know earthquake weak, but he has decent special resist like you said.)

*Grabs a assault rifle, and hunts down tyranitars.*
Old 04-27-2007, 01:38 AM   #61

Lawl, don't we all wish we could just shoot those tyranitars! *joins the fun*

Thing is, even with the Hard Rock trait, itll still take hefty damage from a CBtar, bringing your only real defense against it to a quick drop, and without a decent wish pass and rhyperior having no heal, itll be gamover when its gone.

I might want to suggest a gyarados over the water starter, due to the fact that it can tank defensivly really well, even with its rock weak. Its immunity to eq helps with the team alot and a physical water is sexy.

I might even want to suggest a Glion over Drapion or Rhyperior because of its superior defenses and its immunity again. It can also easily take down Heracrosses, so itll help you alot. Although having an ice weak. >>

A jirachi would be so great here lol. Meh. I'm tired, so I'll think of better suggestions then. But ya, just think over what Im trying to say.
Old 04-27-2007, 02:00 AM   #62
SulcataIxlude
Cascade Badge

For a fighting type I noticed Lucario and he seems very tempting to use (especially as a reversaler with immunity to stuff like sandstorm.) Would he help null any TTar weak?
Old 04-27-2007, 09:48 AM   #63
ZoraJolteon
BBCode Master

Ground and Fighting weaknesses FTL.

Superior Christmas Banner is Superior.
Also still looking for ref with brain, although not just now due to Tyranidos running in fear.
ZoraJolteon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 12:38 PM   #64
Wayne
Boulder Badge

Send a message via AIM to Wayne Send a message via MSN to Wayne

Yay just evolved my Riolu into Lucario. I just beat the six gym and went to Ion Island. Kinda need a ghost type but only looking for new Sinnoh Pokemon until I actually need them for the Elite Four. Right now my team is Gastrodon, Infernape, Starapador and Lucario all level 50 except Lucario which is level 31. And I learned to hate Combee, Hippo thingy and Stupid fighting frog. They all suck so much, need to kill them all especially Combee since its the only damn thing that comes from the trees. *Stabs them all* >>

PC Pokemon
(M) Lv.12 (M) Lv.10 (F) Lv.01 (M) Lv.08 (M) Lv.04 (M) Lv.05
(M) Lv.100 (M) Lv.100 (M) Lv. 100 (F) Lv.100 (M) Lv.100 (M) Lv.100
(F) Lv.100 (M) Lv.100 (M) Lv. 100 (M) Lv.100
Wayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 12:48 PM   #65
SulcataIxlude
Cascade Badge

*Decides Azelf will be final member of team due to it learning thunderbolt, flamethrower, explosion, and nasty plot.*
Old 04-28-2007, 10:36 AM   #66
quilava plush
Boulder Badge

Send a message via AIM to quilava plush Send a message via MSN to quilava plush

I'm up to Snowpoint City and I'm taking my sweet time doing sidequests and stuff (Unowns, etc) before taking on the gym. My current team is a female Empoleon (Bismarck), male Floatzel (Torpedo), male Luxray (Regent), female Staraptor (Strahl), and male Rampardos (Bonehead), and I'm thinking of raising a Snowver as my sixth since I want some grass power on my team. I was going to go for Weavile, but I ended up catching an Adamant Sneasel so I'm saving him for later to train him for Wifi battles. =)

It was really hard choosing what to use since there's so many Pokes I like, but at least the online connectivity encourages me to train even after story mode. (I don't know anybody around here who plays Pokemon, so I had no reason to EV train or form teams for battle.) Not yet on Wifi since I can't get my DS Lite to connect to my wireless router (even after manually setting an IP, DNS, etc), but there's hotspots nearby and I'll see about getting a USB adapter.

But yeah. Story-wise, I love how they're playing up the Pokemon mythos (mostly why I like legendaries) even if D/P has TOO MANY legendaries. It's flavor text such as the history of the region and such that really immerses me in a game's setting. :D
Old 04-28-2007, 09:30 PM   #67
SulcataIxlude
Cascade Badge

I am at snowport city as well, and I'm fighting the ice gym leader now. Close Combating Istiqal ftw! I decided to raise a Lavitar (adamant or impish one), because Tyranitar is absurdley deadly plus sandstorm now raises rock pokemon special defense by 1.5x And I will use Garchomp instead of Rhyperior, and Azelf as my special sweeper.

*Returns to killing ice pokemon.*
Old 04-28-2007, 10:37 PM   #68
Talon87
時の彼方へ

D/P sounds like RuSa on steroids. o_o Sandstorm deals a fixed amount of HP damage to non-rock, non-ground, non-steel types, it erases Sunny Day or Rain Dance (or Hail, pfft), and now you're telling me it also ups rock-types' SpDef by 1.5x? CRAZY. A Rhyperior with Sandstorm basically has more than a 2x resistance (spec. 2.25x) to things he's supposed to be weak to. You're better off hitting him with things he's neutral to, for Christ's sake. CRAZY.

I got my copy of Pokemon Pearl yesterday. But my DS won't be here until Monday, and I have final exams on Tuesday and Thursday to prepare for, so, . BUT! Come the evening of May 3 ... my training will truly kick in. >D I even purchased my brandnew LinkSys wireless router just for the occasion ... especially since the official Nintendo dongle says it only supports Windows XP. :P (Silly lack of support for MacOSX.)
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 12:47 AM   #69
Wayne
Boulder Badge

Send a message via AIM to Wayne Send a message via MSN to Wayne

Meh my DS WiFi has finally died or has been stolen ironically. Pfft people don't know it's bad manners to steal from thieves. >> Looks like if I want to do WiFi things now I'll have to go to a hotspot. ;.; Oh well. Anyway made it to the 7th gym and finished. I'll be training a while and then go to the sunny town for the final badge. Then after that I'll trade my pogeys over after I beat the elite four, will take another week probably since I only have 4 pogeys Lv. 50 and no other two pogeys for my other slots since I can't find a damn Munchlax in that stupid tree next to the windmill place. So close to getting my Dyoxys and Mew to trade over hopefully for other pogeys. Meh didn't even know there was a cloning trick on Emerald but too scared to try it on any of my pogeys before tranferring them over. >>;

PC Pokemon
(M) Lv.12 (M) Lv.10 (F) Lv.01 (M) Lv.08 (M) Lv.04 (M) Lv.05
(M) Lv.100 (M) Lv.100 (M) Lv. 100 (F) Lv.100 (M) Lv.100 (M) Lv.100
(F) Lv.100 (M) Lv.100 (M) Lv. 100 (M) Lv.100
Wayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 04:32 AM   #70
Arnold
Just call me sir

Got mah 5th Gym badge last night, one thing that bugged me though, Defog...why? It bloody Sucks as an HM, had to waste a spot on my starator to learn it...they should have kept flash as a HM and not change it to a Tm --;
Old 04-29-2007, 04:44 AM   #71
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Is Flash still necessary for some parts of the game? Or did the switch to TM come with the added-bonus of not having to ever use Flash again if you don't want to?

*absolutely hated Flash ... worst HM ever! And yet one of the Original Five! And it lasted for three generations!*

If Defog is as bad as Flash, that'll be really disappointing to see. And arnold's makin' it sound like it's even worse than Flash ... as if that could even be possible. @_@
Old 04-29-2007, 04:57 AM   #72
Arnold
Just call me sir

I does...I've used it once no idea if i'll use it again in the game not that far, and i've been in one cave where I had to use flash, I jsut forgot where it was >> Defog is just like flash but I'm jsut not fond of using it on ap okemon that i generally use in the game, want it for my HM slave
Old 04-29-2007, 05:45 AM   #73
SulcataIxlude
Cascade Badge

Hail has somewhat of a use now Talon. It boost blizzard's accuracy by 100%, so abomasnow can make good use of it (though abomasnow despite his bad ass appearence, is weak against a lot of things from my experiences using natal in japanese diamond.)
Old 04-29-2007, 06:18 AM   #74
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Yeah, "Grass/Ice" has to rank up there in the list of all-time horrible type combinations as Gyarados' "Water/Flying" and Jumpluff's "Grass/Flying." I guess there is one bright side to it, though ... anybody who uses Abomasnow in serious battle can guarantee himself, "If I switch out to something that is resistant to fire, I will pwn" until people figure out that switching out to a fire-user to destroy Abomasnow is just too obvious.
Old 04-29-2007, 09:12 AM   #75
SulcataIxlude
Cascade Badge

Anyone want a pearl version dinosaur? I have one ready to be given to whomever wants him. ;)

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON