UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL > Gym Battles

Old 11-02-2009, 03:59 AM   #26
Lonely Cubone
Gee, Brain...

Send a message via MSN to Lonely Cubone
I'll do both if Mozz generally approves and nobody else wants one. Although with the amount of people wanting legendaries (not including myself) I don't think you'd have any issues.
Lonely Cubone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 05:45 AM   #27
Mozz
Golden Wang of Justice

both ok
Mozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 03:59 PM   #28
Lonely Cubone
Gee, Brain...

Matches up shortly then, in the absence of other refs beating the door down.
Lonely Cubone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 03:47 PM   #29
Altocharizard55
The Scientist

Alto vs Tdos
3 vs. 3
Slapstick
96 Hour DQ
Equilevel 3 (or if the challenger level is higher, equilevel of the challenger)
GL can't switch, but challenger can.
The Godly Geode Gym Arena

The Godly Geode Gym

A dark cave on the face of a big cliff is the right place to house the Pokemon of the Rock Gym Leader, Tyranidos. First off, there is a fast moving river below the cliff, a good 200 feet drop from the entrance to the cave. There are sharp rocks directly below the mouth of the cave, so if one would fall, they would be struck by these sharp rocks. The cave itself is vast, large enough to hold Pokemon such as Steelix, Wailord, Snorlax etc. The light inside, however, does leave a problem for most Pokemon, as there is none. The cave is very dark, and Pokemon who are capable of seeing in the dark have a much better chance of landing a hit. The ceiling holds stalactites, which are indestructible, and cannot be broken off, so a Pokemon who gets thrown into them/flies into them will be pierced and will take damage equal to an Ancient Power. And, on the floor, there are stalagmites, but not very large ones. They poke out upwards and can certainly make it hard to walk around on the cave floor for Pokemon with soft feet, as there is no light to see where they are going. However, the thing that makes this particular cave unique is the fact that it contains a statue of the Hindu God of Destruction, Shiva. This statue of the God of Destruction is about 40 feet wide and 80 feet tall. Every three turns, he fires a boulder into the cave. This boulder is about 500 lbs, and will have no effect on large Pokemon, such as the ones that were mentioned before. The boulders will not adversely affect Pokemon that weigh above 450 lbs. There is, however, a 20% chance that any Pokemon of a medium weight, or between 100 and 450 lbs, will be pushed out of the cave by the boulders, and will take damage equal to a Fire Blast. Finally, there is a 30% chance for any Pokemon under the weight of 100 pounds to be pushed out of the cave. The statue of the Shiva is, likewise, indestructible, though the boulders are not. The boulder is also completely avoidable, but a trainer must order the Pokemon to do so, thus making them use up a move. And because this arena is in a cave, weather effects, except for sandstorm, are not possible. Despite being a cave, this arena is unusually hot, which will make Steel and Water types uncomfortable.

If one manages to defeat the gym leader, the challenger will receive the Indurate Badge.
Altocharizard55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 09:05 PM   #30
Mercutio
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altocharizard55 View Post
Alto vs Tdos
3 vs. 3
Slapstick
96 Hour DQ
Equilevel 3 (or if the challenger level is higher, equilevel of the challenger)
GL can't switch, but challenger can.
The Godly Geode Gym Arena

The Godly Geode Gym

A dark cave on the face of a big cliff is the right place to house the Pokemon of the Rock Gym Leader, Tyranidos. First off, there is a fast moving river below the cliff, a good 200 feet drop from the entrance to the cave. There are sharp rocks directly below the mouth of the cave, so if one would fall, they would be struck by these sharp rocks. The cave itself is vast, large enough to hold Pokemon such as Steelix, Wailord, Snorlax etc. The light inside, however, does leave a problem for most Pokemon, as there is none. The cave is very dark, and Pokemon who are capable of seeing in the dark have a much better chance of landing a hit. The ceiling holds stalactites, which are indestructible, and cannot be broken off, so a Pokemon who gets thrown into them/flies into them will be pierced and will take damage equal to an Ancient Power. And, on the floor, there are stalagmites, but not very large ones. They poke out upwards and can certainly make it hard to walk around on the cave floor for Pokemon with soft feet, as there is no light to see where they are going. However, the thing that makes this particular cave unique is the fact that it contains a statue of the Hindu God of Destruction, Shiva. This statue of the God of Destruction is about 40 feet wide and 80 feet tall. Every three turns, he fires a boulder into the cave. This boulder is about 500 lbs, and will have no effect on large Pokemon, such as the ones that were mentioned before. The boulders will not adversely affect Pokemon that weigh above 450 lbs. There is, however, a 20% chance that any Pokemon of a medium weight, or between 100 and 450 lbs, will be pushed out of the cave by the boulders, and will take damage equal to a Fire Blast. Finally, there is a 30% chance for any Pokemon under the weight of 100 pounds to be pushed out of the cave. The statue of the Shiva is, likewise, indestructible, though the boulders are not. The boulder is also completely avoidable, but a trainer must order the Pokemon to do so, thus making them use up a move. And because this arena is in a cave, weather effects, except for sandstorm, are not possible. Despite being a cave, this arena is unusually hot, which will make Steel and Water types uncomfortable.

If one manages to defeat the gym leader, the challenger will receive the Indurate Badge.
Taken.
Mercutio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 07:17 AM   #31
Mercutio
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowshocker View Post
Shadowshocker versus Firewater
6-on-6
Equilevel 4
96 HR DQ
GL can't switch but challenger can
Slapstick
Are you sure? You already have this being reffed on SPPf and you told me that FW got bumped to the bottom of your queue
Mercutio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 09:09 PM   #32
AshsBabyLapras
reason for my life

Arcanine

Gonna need a wicked bad ref to pick up my latest gym battle. Preferably B+ or above 'cause I'm fussy like that. Must be able to handle the enormous sexual tension inherent in this match. ];
AshsBabyLapras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 09:39 PM   #33
Insidious_Dreamer
Marsh Badge

Send a message via AIM to Insidious_Dreamer Send a message via MSN to Insidious_Dreamer
I'm happy to raise my hand, if your ok with it, Dani...

Looks like I might be here to stay...

PASBL Trainer Level: 4 | 26-12-8 | 77 KO's | 199 TP | 0 SP
PASBL Referee (C+)
| Squad | League Table |

[.:Badges:.]
Reffing Badge
Onslaught Badge
Insidious_Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 09:46 PM   #34
Muyotwo
Dominator of Bike Levels

Aren't you not supposed to ref Gym matches?
Old 04-20-2010, 09:47 PM   #35
Blastoise
We deny our creators.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insidious_Dreamer View Post
I'm happy to raise my hand, if your ok with it, Dani...
Your inability to distinguish between the letters "C" and "B" is probably one of the reasons you haven't been able to go up a ref rank.
Old 04-20-2010, 10:08 PM   #36
Insidious_Dreamer
Marsh Badge

Send a message via AIM to Insidious_Dreamer Send a message via MSN to Insidious_Dreamer
C means I can ask for permission. It says so on the updated list you made. I was offering my services as an active ref for the match. If you feel you would rather not have me ref the match, then I am ok with that

I also have close to three years of ASB experience which means my grade is out of date and probably wrong. Many of the refs that are graded as B have mentioned a number of times that they think my grade is incorrect. We all know that reffing is more to do with experience than the actual grade, considering evals come around slower than once in a blue moon.

I am happy to bow out on the basis of a small technicality.

PASBL Referee (C+)
| Squad | League Table |

Reffing Badge
Onslaught Badge
Old 04-21-2010, 06:36 AM   #37
Muyotwo
Dominator of Bike Levels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insidious_Dreamer View Post
Many of the refs that are graded as B have mentioned a number of times that they think my grade is incorrect.
I'm an A+. I think you're probably as good as is, but you get good reviews due to the frequency of your reffings.
Old 04-21-2010, 06:57 AM   #38
Jerichi
本✚能

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshsBabyLapras View Post
Gonna need a wicked bad ref to pick up my latest gym battle. Preferably B+ or above 'cause I'm fussy like that. Must be able to handle the enormous sexual tension inherent in this match. ];
Enormous sexual tension?

Count me in.
Jerichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 08:08 PM   #39
AshsBabyLapras
reason for my life

Arcanine

You understand it's the kind between a man and a lay-dee, right Jer?

If that's still A-OK, then go for it. ;/

(Sorry I_D, but maybe you could pick up a regular match for me sometime, so I can get a better idea of your reffing prowess? :3)
AshsBabyLapras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 08:12 PM   #40
Insidious_Dreamer
Marsh Badge

It's totally ok with me - no sweat! And I'd love to ref a regular match for you, anytime.

PASBL Referee (C+)
| Squad | League Table |

Reffing Badge
Onslaught Badge
Old 04-21-2010, 08:37 PM   #41
Jerichi
本✚能

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshsBabyLapras View Post
You understand it's the kind between a man and a lay-dee, right Jer?

If that's still A-OK, then go for it. ;/
I take it where I can get it, honey.

Will get to posting.

気紛れを 許して 今更なんて思わずに急かしてよ
もっと中迄入って あたしの衝動を 突き動かしてよ

asbwffb

[jerichi]
Jerichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 08:59 PM   #42
Shadowshocker
used First Impression

*wailing red siren*

Shadowshocker versus Rangeet (Return of the timid Combusken!)
4-on-4
Equilevel 4
96 Hr DQ
Slapstick

The Ground Zero Gym Arena is a square area of 40 metres on each side -- specifically, it's a square block of reinforced concrete measuring 28 metres on each side and of three metres in height, sitting in a moat of sewage which is two metres deep, so a metre's height of concrete is exposed for battle.

On the concrete block lies four reactormajiggers linked by effluent pipe. The reactormajiggers are about three metres high and two metres in diameter, and the pipes about a metre in diameter. The reactormajiggers are indestructible, and the pipes will only break if they're hit by attacks as strong as Hyper Beam, in which sewage will spill out for two rounds until the self-regeneration technology fixes it. The reactormajiggers constantly belch out a combinations of poison gases which will float into the atmosphere, poisoning any Pokemon that stays airborne at heights of about five metres if they stay for over a round. However, as a result of the constant release of gases, the clouds above the gym have been severely affected by the poison. As a result, acid rain will have a 30% chance of falling onto the arena at the end of a round, lasting for four rounds, which will have one of the three following effects due to the cocktail of poisons within:

- A corrosive poison strong enough to make Rock and Ground-types feel more uncomfortable in the rain due to the strengthened acid, unless they're part Poison-type themselves. All Poison-types will be unaffected by this poison.
- Narcotic poisons in the acid rain will make Pokemon using Psychic-type moves feel more drained.
- A specific toxin targeted at the DNA structure of Steel-type Pokemon will make them uncomfortable as well.
Due to environmental concerns even the gym can't overwrite, the usage of Rain Dance is disallowed. However, using Sunny Day will not have the effect of breaking the acid rain spell.

However, at the end of each round, the reactormajiggers do have a 1 in 100 chance of falling out, in which a huge explosion will happen. The reactormajiggers will be destroyed without a trace, as well as their pipes, and all Pokemon on the field will faint (including Sector Shadow operatives). When this happens, the poison gas and acid rain effects will not be in play for the battle's remainder.
Shadowshocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 09:10 PM   #43
Insidious_Dreamer
Marsh Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowshocker View Post
*wailing red siren*

Shadowshocker versus Rangeet (Return of the timid Combusken!)
4-on-4
Equilevel 4
96 Hr DQ
Slapstick

The Ground Zero Gym Arena is a square area of 40 metres on each side -- specifically, it's a square block of reinforced concrete measuring 28 metres on each side and of three metres in height, sitting in a moat of sewage which is two metres deep, so a metre's height of concrete is exposed for battle.

On the concrete block lies four reactormajiggers linked by effluent pipe. The reactormajiggers are about three metres high and two metres in diameter, and the pipes about a metre in diameter. The reactormajiggers are indestructible, and the pipes will only break if they're hit by attacks as strong as Hyper Beam, in which sewage will spill out for two rounds until the self-regeneration technology fixes it. The reactormajiggers constantly belch out a combinations of poison gases which will float into the atmosphere, poisoning any Pokemon that stays airborne at heights of about five metres if they stay for over a round. However, as a result of the constant release of gases, the clouds above the gym have been severely affected by the poison. As a result, acid rain will have a 30% chance of falling onto the arena at the end of a round, lasting for four rounds, which will have one of the three following effects due to the cocktail of poisons within:

- A corrosive poison strong enough to make Rock and Ground-types feel more uncomfortable in the rain due to the strengthened acid, unless they're part Poison-type themselves. All Poison-types will be unaffected by this poison.
- Narcotic poisons in the acid rain will make Pokemon using Psychic-type moves feel more drained.
- A specific toxin targeted at the DNA structure of Steel-type Pokemon will make them uncomfortable as well.
Due to environmental concerns even the gym can't overwrite, the usage of Rain Dance is disallowed. However, using Sunny Day will not have the effect of breaking the acid rain spell.

However, at the end of each round, the reactormajiggers do have a 1 in 100 chance of falling out, in which a huge explosion will happen. The reactormajiggers will be destroyed without a trace, as well as their pipes, and all Pokemon on the field will faint (including Sector Shadow operatives). When this happens, the poison gas and acid rain effects will not be in play for the battle's remainder.
Well well, it looks like I'll be coming out of semi-retirement from gym matches as a favour to SS on this one. Thread coming soon.

PASBL Referee (C+)
| Squad | League Table |

Reffing Badge
Onslaught Badge
Old 05-06-2010, 06:38 PM   #44
Blastoise
We deny our creators.

Me vs. Stlbk

my gym rules, 72 HR DQ
Old 05-06-2010, 06:47 PM   #45
Firewater
Volcano Badge

Send a message via Skype™ to Firewater
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blastoise View Post
Me vs. Stlbk

my gym rules, 72 HR DQ
you see, I kinda want a rematch at some point... and at any rate, I need an idea of what to expect...so I'll ref this, lol
Old 06-08-2010, 01:05 PM   #46
Hanatori
Skippy.

Jumpluff

SM (challenger) Vs. Hanatori (challenged)
4 on 4
Double Team
72 Hour DQ
Slapstick
Return=KO
Equi-all (Level 5)

Arena is the Dual Wing Sky, found rather easily over here.
Old 06-08-2010, 01:07 PM   #47
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

Send a message via Skype™ to Concept
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanatori View Post
SM (challenger) Vs. Hanatori (challenged)
4 on 4
Double Team
72 Hour DQ
Slapstick
Return=KO
Equi-all (Level 5)

Arena is the Dual Wing Sky, found rather easily over here.
My exams finish thursday, and I want to scout this out. Yoinksing, even if I'll probably regret taking a DT.
Concept is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 06:01 AM   #48
Torkoal Stu
This

Me vs Kush
3 on 3 (Single Match)
72 Hour DQ
Slapstick Match
Return = KO For Leader
Return = OK For Challenger
Equilevel (Level 3)
My Gym Arena (Day Time)

Any takers? Would be much appreciated~ Please? D:
Torkoal Stu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 06:05 AM   #49
Lonely Cubone
Gee, Brain...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torkoal Stu View Post
Me vs Kush
3 on 3 (Single Match)
72 Hour DQ
Slapstick Match
Return = KO For Leader
Return = OK For Challenger
Equilevel (Level 3)
My Gym Arena (Day Time)

Any takers? Would be much appreciated~ Please? D:
May I?
Old 07-03-2010, 06:17 AM   #50
Torkoal Stu
This

I see no problem with that :O Thank you LC!
Torkoal Stu is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL > Gym Battles