Handy sends out and attacks.
LC attacks.
I ref.
Order reverses.
Altocharizard55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 02:31 PM   #2
Handymankg2
It's the yearly visit!

Send a message via AIM to Handymankg2 Send a message via MSN to Handymankg2 Send a message via Skype™ to Handymankg2
Key: Level 1 Male Mankey
Bio: Caught in the Snowpoint valleys shortly before Snover was, my Mankey has a strange difference to the rest of his species. Growing up in a group of Mankey who had adapted to living amongst the cold weather, he has become quite attuned to the coldness of the Ice type. He was quite angry when I captured him, and still is fairly angry whenever I let him out, wanting to punch me as hard as he can.
Personality: To other Pokemon, Key can be very harsh and unfair, ignoring them regardless of who they are or what they are. He hates me especially, punching me every time I come close to him. Unfortunately for his opponents, this makes him very fierce in battle, with a heart of ice, he is perfectly suited to attack and defeat his enemies (In most cases)
Special Training: Frozen Fury (Ice)
Key has been training in the depths of Snowpoints valleys his whole life, and as such he has grown very attuned to the frozen nature. He has gained the Ice type, as well as the moves Blizzard, Icy Wind, Ice Fang and Ice Shard. However, he has lost the moves Fire Punch, Thunderpunch, Overheat, Thunder and Sunny Day.

Nume: Level 1 Male Numel
Bio: Numel was captured when I visited a hot spring close to Eterna City. He was simply sitting about doing nothing, so I took the chance to capture the Numel, figuring it was fairly rare, and I needed a fire type to help balance the team out a bit more. Plus he looked fairly awesome just sitting there, so I thought, why not?
Personality: Nume is a slightly slow minded Pokemon, preferring not to think things through, rather just happily strolling along into the middle of a battle and laying down. He is extremely laid back, refusing to do anything that he seems to think is a waste of time. In battle however, he is very obedient, and although slow, he packs a punch.
Special Attack: Magma Ball (Fire)
He creates a ball of lava with the same strength of two flamethrower attacks, and it uses 150% of the energy of two flamethrowers. Its a quick ball launched from his spout, and he can only use it once every ten turns (So likely once per battle)

Walter: Level 1 Male Wailmer
Bio: Walter was captured when I found him being picked on by some kids at the Beach. They were using him as a volley ball, much to the Wailmers discomfort, so I walked in and gave them a good talking too. I ended up having to battle four different water types with just my Turtwig. Thankfully Turk managed to secure a victory, and I captured Walter, or Walt for short.
Personality: Walter is very untrusting of humans because of the things they do to his kind, but nonetheless he gives perfectly loyal treatment to his trainer, me. He can sometimes get a little timid when competing against larger Pokemon, but will nonetheless fight them, regardless of fear.
Special Attack: Pulash (Water)
Walter grows in size by slowly spraying water into his own body, enough so that he is the size of a very fat person, before letting it all out in a huge explosion. It has the strength of a selfdestruct attack, but doesn't kill him, simply using up half of his maximum total energy supplies instead, so its very unlikely it will be used more than once.

Mable: Level 1 Female Misdreavus
Bio: Mable was captured in the dead of night, when she flew into the Pokemon Center and began to pretend she was Officer Jenny, examining the area and doing everything the Police Officer would do. I woke up, and she attacked me, slamming me into the wall and searching my pockets, taking out anything ‘dangerous’. While she began to examine the objects, I quickly turned around and threw my Pokeball, capturing her instantly.
Personality: Mable is a strict enforcer of the law, loving nothing less than to capture a criminal and arrest them using her abilities. She likes pursuing the enemy, and in battle is a best, being very speedy as well as packing a surprising punch. She does however have a unnatural fear of Eevee and the evolutions, for a reason she won’t specify to anyone.
No Signature Move

Niddles: Level 2 Male Nidorino
No Signature Move

Bro: Level 1 Genderless Bronzor
No Signature Move

Good luck LC. I'll need it more than you.
Handymankg2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 04:19 PM   #3
Lonely Cubone
Gee, Brain...

Send a message via MSN to Lonely Cubone
Thanks for taking this Alto. We're both level one so no equiall issues here. My squad is as follows:

Level 2 Male Nidorino "Elvis"
Level 1 Male Cubone "Zeke"
Level 1 Male Yanma "Alf"
Level 1 Female Togepi "Grace"
Level 1 Genderless Baltoy "Omicron"
Level 1 Female Gligar "Wilhelmina"

"Time for me to try out Baltoy...go, Omicron!"

(I'm presuming it's singles, it's not clear)
Lonely Cubone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 04:44 PM   #4
Handymankg2
It's the yearly visit!

Send a message via AIM to Handymankg2 Send a message via MSN to Handymankg2 Send a message via Skype™ to Handymankg2
Mable. Come on out and use a Calm Mind followed by QC Shadow Ball.
Old 06-28-2009, 04:57 PM   #5
Lonely Cubone
Gee, Brain...

"Well that was predictable...Luckily, we're prepared:

Protect yourself with a Light Screen and then whip up a Sandstorm to put Mable off.
Old 06-28-2009, 05:34 PM   #6
Altocharizard55
The Scientist

Aaaand we welcome you to the Clay arena for today's battle. In the challenger's box, we have Handymankg2, a relatively new person to the ASB league. In the acceptor's corner, we have Lonely Cubone, a returning ASBer from.....er, it's been a long time since I've seen him around. Anyways, LC has decided to start the battle using his trusty Baltoy, Omicron, whom Handy made a swift counter to using his Misdreavus, Mable. As the trainers give their battle orders, this match gets underway.

Mable starts by Calming her Mind, preparing for the battle at hand and also giving her ghost type attacks a nice boost. Omicron decides to play it defensively, summoning up a Screen of translucent Light. Mable decides that she can crush her new opponent, charging up a ball of ghostly black energy in front of her, all the Shadows in the room seeming to be absorbed by the Ball. Mable finally lets go of the ball, which crashes against Omicron's Light Screen, which careens under the pressure, but still remains standing. Omicron, seeing that it came out of the chaos unharmed, begins to spin at outstanding speeds, generating some nasty sand filled wind. Looks like visibility will be reduced because of this Sandstorm.

Mable hasn't taken any damage so far, but she lost a solid chunk of energy from her attack, though she's fine in that department, she's a little more winded than her opponent.

Omicron is also unharmed, and has used less energy than Mable at this point, though he doesn't have a Calm Mind boost to back up his attacks.
Old 06-28-2009, 05:59 PM   #7
Lonely Cubone
Gee, Brain...

"Take advantage of your shield to further defend yourself by invoking your Cosmic Power, then use a Calm Mind of your own."
Old 06-29-2009, 01:24 AM   #8
Handymankg2
It's the yearly visit!

Power Gem to break through and damage him. Rain Dance afterwards.
Old 07-05-2009, 05:14 PM   #9
Lonely Cubone
Gee, Brain...

*ahem*
Old 07-08-2009, 06:48 PM   #10
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

Send a message via Skype™ to Concept
I can take this for you if ALCAPS is a no-show. If you guys want.
Concept is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 07:10 PM   #11
Altocharizard55
The Scientist

Hey. You. GTFO. I'm reffing, It's only been a week.
Old 07-08-2009, 07:11 PM   #12
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altocharizard55 View Post
Hey. You. GTFO. I'm reffing, It's only been a week.
And a half :p. I took Iamdew vs Handy on less. It's your match though; if you're still around and want it, it's yours.
Old 07-08-2009, 07:12 PM   #13
Amras.MG
Not sure if gone...

Well, then that was a dick move >>
Amras.MG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 07:14 PM   #14
iAmDewgong
Rainbow Badge

Send a message via MSN to iAmDewgong
Speevy kinda said she didn't want it tho.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dosuser
Metagro├č: Male Beldum
Metagro├č is a totally metal dude. One day, Kuno's voice boomed out, "YOUR STRUGGLE TOTALLY MAKES YOU METAL." This benediction fueled Metagro├č' determination to keep struggling to the very end. In his neverending struggle to fulfill his destiny, Metagro├č sought out Morg for enlightenment. Morg looked with respect upon Metagro├č' tireless struggle and permitted him to train alongside his Magikarp. Now, Metagro├č has learned not to be mastered by its struggle, but to be the master of its Struggle.
iAmDewgong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 07:15 PM   #15
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speevy
Sorry for the long wait guys. If it happens again, feel free to get another ref.
It happened again, so I finished the match off to speed things along for Handy and Dew. Like I said, if ALCAPS is actually still around then I'll butt out. Sorry for trying to help. Now, we should all stop posting in other peoples matches and leave ALCAPS to get on with his reffing sometime next week.
Old 07-08-2009, 07:22 PM   #16
Amras.MG
Not sure if gone...

Well, that's a completely different situation. ALTO is still active in the league, so there's no reason to think he wouldn't ref. Also, it's much better to take care of things like this over PM in the future, so people don't get pissed and misunderstand things.

A good rule of thumb is that you shouldn't proactively search for matches to take over reffing, you should wait for the battlers to get tired and come to you, because then you're in the clear.
Amras.MG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 07:26 PM   #17
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amras.MG View Post
Well, that's a completely different situation. ALTO is still active in the league, so there's no reason to think he wouldn't ref. Also, it's much better to take care of things like this over PM in the future, so people don't get pissed and misunderstand things.

A good rule of thumb is that you shouldn't proactively search for matches to take over reffing, you should wait for the battlers to get tired and come to you, because then you're in the clear.
Speevy's still active; I'm reffing one of her matches atm. And one of the battlers complained to me about Alto's lack of reffing by PM earlier today (I won't say which one). But you're right. My apologies Alto, I'll mind my own business in future.

EDIT the first: Does anyone else find it amusing that almost half the posts in this match are now taken up by irrelevant arguing?

Last edited by Concept; 07-08-2009 at 07:29 PM.
Old 07-10-2009, 02:21 PM   #18
Lonely Cubone
Gee, Brain...

With all due respect to Alto, I'm not happy to wait twelve (and counting) days in between reffings. Fair enough if you're busy at the moment, but you've found time to ref other matches and post attacks in those you're battling in (as well as a nice long argument with Zora about reffing)

Even if we could get the match done in ten rounds it would take at this pace three months, I don't want the slot used up for that long. I also find it pretty amusing that you managed to reply to Concept trying to take the reffing within 20 minutes.

If you are particularly busy a the moment, my apologies, but if you can't ref at least once a week then I'd rather have it reffed by somebody else.

Last edited by Lonely Cubone; 07-10-2009 at 02:23 PM.
Old 07-10-2009, 03:31 PM   #19
Altocharizard55
The Scientist

Hey, I try to ref, ._. Things take up time, I'm trying to finish my goddamned summer reading assignments. I'll try to ref once every few days, but I DO have summer work to complete.

Omicron stops spinning, concentrating his mind on the Cosmos, asking the heavens for their almighty protection in the battle by offering up a great amount of energy as a sacrifice. The Cosmic Power sets in, giving Omicron a large boost in both defenses. While all this was going on, Mable decides to take advantage of her chance, sending a ball of shining Rock energy through the sandstorm, the Power Gem smacking Baltoy for some pretty good damage, though resisted through typing. Omicron decides to boost himself further, Calming the storm in his Mind to boost his special attacking prowess in the Ground and Psychic types. Mable finishes the round by sending a cerulean beam of energy into the sky, the air getting heavier with vapor, the clouds gathering over the stadium as a light drizzle begins, signifying that her Rain Dance was a success.

Mable has yet to take any damage from Omicron, but her energy took another solid hit. Her breathing is still fine, and she has plenty left in the tank.

Omicron took a moderate hit this round, though most of the damage was reduced due to the Sandstorm, Cosmic Power, and Baltoy's natural resistance to Rock. Omicron's Energy has taken a dip, mostly due to Cosmic power, and now sits a bit below Mable's levels, though he's still got plenty of energy to burn.
Old 07-15-2009, 02:08 AM   #20
Handymankg2
It's the yearly visit!

Confuse Ray into Calm Mind Boosted FC Shadow Ball.
Old 07-15-2009, 10:42 AM   #21
Lonely Cubone
Gee, Brain...

"Omicron, turn it's most powerful attacks against it; Agility to avoid that Confuse Ray, then let it charge up the Shadow Ball and use your Psychic powers to blow it up in her own face! "
Old 07-26-2009, 11:27 AM   #22
Lonely Cubone
Gee, Brain...

Seeing as 'once every few days' has turned into 'twice in a month' myself and Handy have agreed on a ref change for this match. Posting in ref queue now.
Old 07-27-2009, 11:23 AM   #23
Insidious_Dreamer
Marsh Badge

Send a message via AIM to Insidious_Dreamer Send a message via MSN to Insidious_Dreamer
Bulbasaur Round 3: Taken Over

Alto's gonna have a fit when he sees this... Anyways, getting the match moving again....

Omicron and Mable both have boosts on their Sp Att powahs, and this round starts with the Misdreavus who goes for a Confuse Ray and completely misses due some to massive and unnatural speed boost that the Baltoy are somehow allowed to use. This prompts a charging of a Shadow Ball from the Ghost and once it's neared completion, he lets it go careering off in the direction of the Psychic/Ground-type only to have it suddenly get taken over by Psychic powahs, causing it to detonate early and the explosion is causes is huge, knocking back both involved.

Mable just took a feffload of SE damage she wasn't expecting to take, her health is now well into her first half. Energy is heading for the decent mark into her first half. Omicron took the recoil from that explosion and is somewhere past the decent mark of health as a result. Energy not so bad, above the opponent's b a good bit.

Looks like I might be here to stay...

PASBL Trainer Level: 4 | 26-12-8 | 77 KO's | 199 TP | 0 SP
PASBL Referee (C+)
| Squad | League Table |

[.:Badges:.]
Reffing Badge
Onslaught Badge
Insidious_Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 11:39 AM   #24
Lonely Cubone
Gee, Brain...

I don't think I've been unreasonable in thinking that fortnightly reffings aren't really appropriate, non-specific post in trainer absenses or otherwise.

Good job Omicron. Little bit late off the mark but there we go, now we'll try a Charge Beam and see if we can raise our powers a little further, then Psybeam to disrupt any more Shadow Balls or just damage it a little more.
Old 07-27-2009, 11:55 AM   #25
Handymankg2
It's the yearly visit!

Let's try a Muyo tactic combination of failure on my behalf. Reflect (wall) to send those attacks back where they came from. If, however, the Reflect breaks after reflecting one of the attacks, Agility to dodge the second attack.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL