UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL > Generic Tourney Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-06-2009, 10:14 PM   #1
Deebs
You sayin' I like dudes?
 
Deebs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: KY
Posts: 1,871
Send a message via Skype™ to Deebs
Two Pokemon, One Cup: WIT Round 2 - Alto vs. I_D

2 vs. 2
Beach Arena
Return = KO
Slapstick
Equilevel
96 Hour DQ with one extension, Pokebowl Style

Send me squads, first pokemon choice, and first round orders in your PM's.
Deebs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 08:48 AM   #2
Insidious_Dreamer
Marsh Badge
 
Insidious_Dreamer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Seireitei
Posts: 1,703
Send a message via AIM to Insidious_Dreamer Send a message via MSN to Insidious_Dreamer
Just so you know deebs, yeah I saw the thread turn up. I will PM you when my head is less foggy...
__________________



Looks like I might be here to stay...

PASBL Trainer Level: 4 | 26-12-8 | 77 KO's | 199 TP | 0 SP
PASBL Referee (C+)
| Squad | League Table |

[.:Badges:.]
Reffing Badge
Onslaught Badge
Insidious_Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 06:10 PM   #3
Deebs
You sayin' I like dudes?
 
Deebs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: KY
Posts: 1,871
Send a message via Skype™ to Deebs
Round 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alto
Mizore, Female Lapras, Level 3
No Sig

Mizore, Come forth. Begin with an Ice Beam, then dazzle it with Confuse Ray.
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_D
Blade: Level 3 Male Kirlia
sig under construction

Alright, Blade lets show them we mean business!

Start by letting our opponent have the floor and use Psychic to make any strong SE move miss (once only) then use Calm Mind.
The second round of the Two Pokemon, One Cup Tournament has drawn out quite a crowd here at Deeb's Beach, though they have dispersed themselves safely away from the arena in order to avoid injuries. The two challengers, both good friends of mine, take their places at opposite sides of the beach and stare off. I have received their first choices, and as the gun sounds, they reach towards their belts and release their pokemon.

Alto's capsule opens over the water, revealing his female Lapras, Mizore, who coos in happiness and splashes water over herself. That choice will surely make him popular with the young ladies in the audience. ID, meanwhile, chooses his male Kirlia, Blade, surely named for his future evolutionary path. Blade contentedly watches his opponent, waiting for the gentle Mizore to strike. That she does. She leans her long neck forward before shooting a jet of icy energy at the Kirlia, who does nothing to stop the Ice Beam from hitting himself. It pelts Blade in the chest, the chill shocking him as it frosts over his entire midsection. He glances back at the Lapras, waiting for a supereffective strike to redirect, only to be blinded by a narrow beam of light. The Confuse Ray washes its halucinogenic light over the Psychic type, who despite its heightened mind falls victim to the confusion and keels over, cracking the ice on his chest as he falls to the sand, looking up at the clouds.

It's only the first round, and things are already shaking up. Kirlia is the freshest of the two, decent damage from the frostbiting Ice Beam, and no energy exertion at all. However, he's easily the most debilitated at this point, both confused and partially frozen. Mizore, on the other hand, has taken no damage, though she spent the most energy, substantial when added all together. She is also fresh out of her ball.

ID orders first.

Last edited by Deebs; 04-08-2009 at 08:39 PM. Reason: Should have specified next round order.
Deebs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 10:05 PM   #4
Insidious_Dreamer
Marsh Badge
 
Insidious_Dreamer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Seireitei
Posts: 1,703
Send a message via AIM to Insidious_Dreamer Send a message via MSN to Insidious_Dreamer
Blade snap out of it! That darn cutesy girl-charm of a Lapras is not going to get away with a cheeky attack like that. Light Screen then Attract.
__________________



Looks like I might be here to stay...

PASBL Trainer Level: 4 | 26-12-8 | 77 KO's | 199 TP | 0 SP
PASBL Referee (C+)
| Squad | League Table |

[.:Badges:.]
Reffing Badge
Onslaught Badge
Insidious_Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 10:12 PM   #5
Altocharizard55
The Scientist
 
Altocharizard55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: The Republican Capitol of America
Posts: 1,204
Let him throw up the screen, and simply ignore the Attract, he isn't even of a similar breeding group. Then make the ocean cry, wash him away with a Surf. Then petrify him with a blistering Dragonbreath.
Altocharizard55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 12:11 AM   #6
Insidious_Dreamer
Marsh Badge
 
Insidious_Dreamer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Seireitei
Posts: 1,703
Send a message via AIM to Insidious_Dreamer Send a message via MSN to Insidious_Dreamer
I think we need a new ref
__________________



Looks like I might be here to stay...

PASBL Trainer Level: 4 | 26-12-8 | 77 KO's | 199 TP | 0 SP
PASBL Referee (C+)
| Squad | League Table |

[.:Badges:.]
Reffing Badge
Onslaught Badge
Insidious_Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 09:21 PM   #7
Firewater
Volcano Badge
 
Firewater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 4,725
Send a message via Skype™ to Firewater
Round 1 (Firewater)

Yet again, I've adopted a match...

anyway, reading through everything I'm ready to go as Blade attempts to remember his commands. Staggering around like a drunk, he still appears to be unable to remember the beginning of his orders. As Blade staggers around, Mizore gets fed-up and launches a Wave of Surf. The water slams into Blade, dealing a pretty heavy blow, and does three things, no four to him. First, it smashes the ice off of his chest, knocks him out of confusion and pretty much drenches him. On the other hand, Blade looks up and down at Lapras, and even before the insulting blast of water, he hadn't felt the Attraction needed to seduce Mizore, and after the attack he was completely unwilling to attempt to seduce his opponet. Mizore continues, launching a Dragonbreath at Blade, who screams in pain as the energy washes over him. Unlike the previous turn however, no status is dealt. Already pretty bruised, Blade pants, waiting for orders as Mizore stares at him...

Results

Blade took another heavy shot of damage, and the gap between him and his opponet is around a FC Hyper Beam's worth- but he's still ready to fight. However, while he used no energy, and the ice and confusion is gone- he's kind of irratated, regardless of his Calm Mind, and he's wet.

Mizore took no damage, and has nothing but a smug grin on her face. However, she's used quite a bit of energy, and due to her typing it's not as bad, but she's slightly under a FC Hyper Beam below Blade in energy. SHe's panting a bit after her last barrage, but is generally ok.
__________________
PASBL: Record: 61-55-8, 361.5 TP, 174 KO, 2.5 SP, Trainer Level 5
My ASB pokes
Firewater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 08:03 PM   #8
Altocharizard55
The Scientist
 
Altocharizard55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: The Republican Capitol of America
Posts: 1,204
Mizore, Water Gun immediately into Thunderbolt.
Altocharizard55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 08:37 PM   #9
Insidious_Dreamer
Marsh Badge
 
Insidious_Dreamer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Seireitei
Posts: 1,703
Send a message via AIM to Insidious_Dreamer Send a message via MSN to Insidious_Dreamer
Blade, Teleport out of that combination imediately and then fry it with your own Thunderbolt.
__________________



Looks like I might be here to stay...

PASBL Trainer Level: 4 | 26-12-8 | 77 KO's | 199 TP | 0 SP
PASBL Referee (C+)
| Squad | League Table |

[.:Badges:.]
Reffing Badge
Onslaught Badge
Insidious_Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 08:54 PM   #10
Firewater
Volcano Badge
 
Firewater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 4,725
Send a message via Skype™ to Firewater
Round 2/3

Mizore continues on her rampage, releasing a Water Gun at Blade. Blade, regardless of his irratation realizes the desperation in his trainer's voice, and immediately Teleports away, causing the Water Gun to fly harmlessly across the water. Mizore stops for a second, until she hears electricity charging, and turns to find Blade charging up a Thunderbolt, and quickly begins charging her own Thunderbolt. Regardless of speed, familiarity with electricity, ect- Blade simply had a quicker start, and releases his blast a split second before Mizore does. Surprisingly enough the two blasts miss each other, and slam into the other, dealing solid blows- moreso to Mizore than Blade. After the exchange, neither fighter appears to have been paralyzed, but both are smoking a bit after the attack.

Results:

Mizore took more of a powerful hit than Blade, but still owns a high lead over him, seeing that this was her first damage of this match. Energywise she has plenty of electric energy remaining, but she used far less than Blade overall. She's losing that race by a good amount still.

Blade took a decent blow for himself, less so than Mizore, but it was still strong. the damage difference hadn't changed that much. Energywise he used much more than Mizore, electric energy is still plenty high, but Teleport took up far more energy than Water Gun. That said... he still is well ahead of Mizore in energy.
__________________
PASBL: Record: 61-55-8, 361.5 TP, 174 KO, 2.5 SP, Trainer Level 5
My ASB pokes
Firewater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 09:03 PM   #11
Insidious_Dreamer
Marsh Badge
 
Insidious_Dreamer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Seireitei
Posts: 1,703
Send a message via AIM to Insidious_Dreamer Send a message via MSN to Insidious_Dreamer
Blade lets do this! Thunderwave then Zen Headbutt
__________________



Looks like I might be here to stay...

PASBL Trainer Level: 4 | 26-12-8 | 77 KO's | 199 TP | 0 SP
PASBL Referee (C+)
| Squad | League Table |

[.:Badges:.]
Reffing Badge
Onslaught Badge
Insidious_Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 12:16 PM   #12
Altocharizard55
The Scientist
 
Altocharizard55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: The Republican Capitol of America
Posts: 1,204
Since you're in the water, use Dragon Rage to throw off the thunderwave and send it for a loop. Let it use Zen Headbutt. Then Sing to send it into Dreamland.
Altocharizard55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 08:19 PM   #13
Firewater
Volcano Badge
 
Firewater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 4,725
Send a message via Skype™ to Firewater
Round 3

Mizore simply stares, preparing a Raging ball of Dragon and fire energy as Blade launches a Thunder Wave...

No Chance.

The energy begins to grip the Lapras, before it is violently ripped apart by the blast, which slams into Blade for heavy damage. Blade is slow to rise, but he recovers and charges forward, Zen energies emanciating from his Headbutt, which ends after he slams into Mizore for decent damage, staggering backwards due to the size difference... now with he being up to his waist in water... it probaly isn't good for him to be sleeping there, but Blade is against Mizore's charms, her Singing voice is much more effective, and the Kirlia is fast asleep in the water, his head's above the water though.

Results:

Mizore took a solid hit but the lead between herself and Blade is massive. Energywise she's well below Blade, it would take quite a bit of use for Blade to catch her, and she's just above being in reach of the midpoint. She's slightly paralyzed, but it's to the point to where it's an irritant rather than a hindrance.

Blade took another massive shot, he's looking at the Midpoint in health, just under a FC Hyper Beam away. He's asleep and he used very little energy this round, he's miles ahead of Mizore... if he can use it. Electric energy is still plentyful, but he's a little bit below Mizore in the amount remaining
__________________
PASBL: Record: 61-55-8, 361.5 TP, 174 KO, 2.5 SP, Trainer Level 5
My ASB pokes
Firewater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 11:45 PM   #14
Altocharizard55
The Scientist
 
Altocharizard55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: The Republican Capitol of America
Posts: 1,204
With this, I call check. Mizore, Give it a Sheer Cold to the head, seeing as how he's right up close and sleeping. Then blast it in the face with Water Pulse.
Altocharizard55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 10:26 AM   #15
Insidious_Dreamer
Marsh Badge
 
Insidious_Dreamer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Seireitei
Posts: 1,703
Send a message via AIM to Insidious_Dreamer Send a message via MSN to Insidious_Dreamer
Hmmmm, here's a gamble then. Ur tired and I'm sleeping, so I'll Sleep Talk! GOGO RNG Awesome move! When you wake up - Thunder
__________________



Looks like I might be here to stay...

PASBL Trainer Level: 4 | 26-12-8 | 77 KO's | 199 TP | 0 SP
PASBL Referee (C+)
| Squad | League Table |

[.:Badges:.]
Reffing Badge
Onslaught Badge
Insidious_Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 01:05 PM   #16
Firewater
Volcano Badge
 
Firewater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 4,725
Send a message via Skype™ to Firewater
Round 4

As Blade snores in sleep, Mizore prepares a Sheer Cold . She prepares to fire, but finds herself stopped in mid-charge, As Blade had appeared to Disable her, courtesy of his Sleep Talk. Unfortunately for all involved, the Disable ends, and while Mizore is a bit disgruntled from being trapped, thusly using more energy than needed, she still has plenty remaining as she launches the blast, smacking Blade in the head, and waking him up immediately as he is pushed underwater from the force. As he gets up, he tries to say something, or move his face, but finds that he was too numb to do so. Mizore grins, and launches a Water Pulse, smacking him in the face for a much heavier hit than normal. Blade again falls into the water, and struggles to get up, to reenact his revenge...

by sheer will- Blade stands, and prepares a Thunderous blast...

now both competitors are in the water... and as Blade launches his attack, Mizore screams in pain as he does, while he took far less than his opponet in recoil, the point is that for Blade, the recoil was the last straw, and as his opponet continues to smoke, he falls over into the water, unconcious as he is floated back to shore, the paralyzed Mizore glaring in his wake.

Results:

Blade is unable to battle! Final Pokemon + attacks if you please Insidious Dreamer.

Mizore used a huge amount of energy, and is well below the midpoint in energy, another attack or two would bring her to critical levels. Meanwhile, healthwise she took a heavy blow as well, and is well in reach of the midpoint, a solid blow gets her below that point. She is also paralyzed
__________________
PASBL: Record: 61-55-8, 361.5 TP, 174 KO, 2.5 SP, Trainer Level 5
My ASB pokes
Firewater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 10:16 AM   #17
Insidious_Dreamer
Marsh Badge
 
Insidious_Dreamer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Seireitei
Posts: 1,703
Send a message via AIM to Insidious_Dreamer Send a message via MSN to Insidious_Dreamer
Gah, well Blade you did a wonderful job. You need a rest. And now for the payback on the damn 'pras. Shade I call thee forth. That last combination must have done a real number on its energy - exhaust all its energy with a Spite. If it's still alive after the first, and still paralysed, Spite again, if not, increase ur Agility in the long term sense to dodge whatever he throws.
__________________



Looks like I might be here to stay...

PASBL Trainer Level: 4 | 26-12-8 | 77 KO's | 199 TP | 0 SP
PASBL Referee (C+)
| Squad | League Table |

[.:Badges:.]
Reffing Badge
Onslaught Badge
Insidious_Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 12:54 AM   #18
Altocharizard55
The Scientist
 
Altocharizard55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: The Republican Capitol of America
Posts: 1,204
Sabeleye, hm. Mizore, Rest. Regain your energy. When you wake, use Zap Cannon and exhaust whatever electric energy you have left.

Last edited by Altocharizard55; 06-14-2009 at 12:58 AM.
Altocharizard55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 06:07 PM   #19
Firewater
Volcano Badge
 
Firewater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 4,725
Send a message via Skype™ to Firewater
Round 5

For I_D, his final pokemon turns out to be Shade the Sableye. Shade quickly Spites Mizore, who suddenly feels far too drained from a simple Water Pulse,in fact she feels like she used three or four more. She decides to rest... but plainly she had no energy remaining, seeing as as soon as she closes her eyes, she begins to sleep pretty hard, energy was regained at a solid rate as Shade looks on, and prepares himself for later, relaxing his muscles, making himself more limber and a burst of Agility moves into his body, as Mizore sleeps on.

Results:

Mizore is asleep, she took no damage and she's already recovered about 3/4ths of the energy she used that past round, and she'll be out of danger, but still generally screwed in energy if she manages to not be disturbed and sleeps the entire time.

Shade took no damage, used a decent amount of energy but not that much- he used a lot, but he has more than enough to finish off Mizore. His speed has been increased by a solid amount.
__________________
PASBL: Record: 61-55-8, 361.5 TP, 174 KO, 2.5 SP, Trainer Level 5
My ASB pokes

Last edited by Firewater; 06-19-2009 at 10:08 PM.
Firewater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 06:11 PM   #20
Altocharizard55
The Scientist
 
Altocharizard55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: The Republican Capitol of America
Posts: 1,204
...OBJECTION! *shot*

But seriously, where's the Energy = 1.5x health rule. Considering only a few attacks of mine missed, and the rest hit, there's absolutely no way that I would faint from a single spited Water Pulse.
Altocharizard55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 06:27 PM   #21
Altocharizard55
The Scientist
 
Altocharizard55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: The Republican Capitol of America
Posts: 1,204
Sleep Talk. When you wake, Water Pulse.
Altocharizard55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 09:47 PM   #22
Insidious_Dreamer
Marsh Badge
 
Insidious_Dreamer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Seireitei
Posts: 1,703
Send a message via AIM to Insidious_Dreamer Send a message via MSN to Insidious_Dreamer
I'm also having a little trouble understanding this so far. That Lapras has used:

Ice Beam
Confuse Ray
Surf
Dragonbreath
Water Gun
Thunderbolt
Dragon Rage
Sing
Sheer Cold
Water Pulse

Now, when you consider I Disabled the majority of that Sheer Cold, but that Lapras pulled though it and still pulled it off, knocking out my Blade in the process, a Heap of extra energy would have to be used to do that. Then, I Spited a Water Pulse which would at least make it feel like it had used two and not one.

So either it fainted from that Spite, or it didn't quite make it, but would have been damn close to making it faint from exhaustion. Thus, it can't possibly be anywhere near its midpoint in energy if I don't touch it since i can't see a Rest restoring almost 3 HBs of energy or thereabouts.
__________________



Looks like I might be here to stay...

PASBL Trainer Level: 4 | 26-12-8 | 77 KO's | 199 TP | 0 SP
PASBL Referee (C+)
| Squad | League Table |

[.:Badges:.]
Reffing Badge
Onslaught Badge
Insidious_Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 10:09 PM   #23
Firewater
Volcano Badge
 
Firewater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 4,725
Send a message via Skype™ to Firewater
this is late as hell, but I edited the reffing
__________________
PASBL: Record: 61-55-8, 361.5 TP, 174 KO, 2.5 SP, Trainer Level 5
My ASB pokes
Firewater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 10:41 PM   #24
Insidious_Dreamer
Marsh Badge
 
Insidious_Dreamer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Seireitei
Posts: 1,703
Send a message via AIM to Insidious_Dreamer Send a message via MSN to Insidious_Dreamer
Dream Eater then when its awake, Long-Term Agility again
__________________



Looks like I might be here to stay...

PASBL Trainer Level: 4 | 26-12-8 | 77 KO's | 199 TP | 0 SP
PASBL Referee (C+)
| Squad | League Table |

[.:Badges:.]
Reffing Badge
Onslaught Badge
Insidious_Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 11:32 AM   #25
Firewater
Volcano Badge
 
Firewater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 4,725
Send a message via Skype™ to Firewater
Round 6

As Mizore sleeps, Shade decides to Eat her Dreams, waking her up and eliminating a good chunk of energy from her rest. As Mizore wakes up, she grimaces before launching a Water Pulse orb at Shade, who gets hit pretty hard, but luckily is not confused. Shade relaxes his muscles even more, with another Long Term Agility, but this boost was far less than the one before it...

Results:

Mizore took a small amount of damage from Dream Eater, but that's not her problem. Energywise, she's kind of screwed. From the Dream Eater sucking energy, and that Water Pulse, she's on the line between critical and barely alright, any move brings her below that point, any move stronger than a MC Shadow Ball KO's her.

Shade took a solid hit, still looking good. used some energy, regained by the Dream Eater. Meanwhile Speed is much higher than normal.
__________________
PASBL: Record: 61-55-8, 361.5 TP, 174 KO, 2.5 SP, Trainer Level 5
My ASB pokes
Firewater is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL > Generic Tourney Forum


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:18 AM.


Design By: Miner Skinz.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.