UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL > Announcement Forum

Closed Thread

Old 09-13-2013, 09:53 AM   #1
Jerichi
本✚能

Scraggy Move Errata

Due to our current inability to edit the site, we are temporarily posting move edits in this thread to collect and officialize any changes we have made to move descriptions. Anything posted in this thread will be considered official. Please refer to this thread before referring to the site, as there have been many changes made to common moves that may effect their mechanics.

Also, some helpful definitions of terms:
Spoiler: show
Relative Damage Terms and Examples:

Minor - Thunder Wave
Light - Fake Out
Mild - Quick Attack
Moderate - Thundershock
Decent - Charge Beam
Good - Spark
Solid - Thunder Punch
Considerable - Discharge
Significant - Thunderbolt
Heavy - Zap Cannon
High - Sky Attack
Major - Thunder
Severe - Bolt Strike (Reshiram)
Massive - Leaf Storm
Extreme - Hyper Beam

Critical Health = Significant Health Remaining
Critical Energy = Extreme Energy Remaining

Nothing right now!

Last edited by Jerichi; 08-10-2014 at 09:32 PM. Reason: Item moves
Old 09-13-2013, 09:57 AM   #2
Rangeet
Foot, meet mouth.

Send a message via MSN to Rangeet Send a message via Skype™ to Rangeet
Why don't you make a Google Docs document? It would be extremely easy to have it so that the LOs(and only the LOs) have full power to edit. It could serve as a temporary replacement for the site and mean that all the current move descriptions are in one place. As an added bonus, it permanently retains all history.
Old 09-13-2013, 09:58 AM   #3
Jerichi
本✚能

We all have editing powers on UPN so the point is sorta moot.

And I'd rather have it all internally on UPN.
Old 09-13-2013, 10:00 AM   #4
Rangeet
Foot, meet mouth.

Send a message via MSN to Rangeet Send a message via Skype™ to Rangeet
Yes, but my point is, every single move would be updated in one place. Because this is extremely confusing and it's easy to forget which moves have been changed and which ones don't. You'd have to refer to two sets of move descriptions.
Old 09-13-2013, 10:03 AM   #5
Jerichi
本✚能

This is what we're doing for now.
Old 09-13-2013, 10:07 AM   #6
Salamencia
UPN's very own Houdini

Send a message via Skype™ to Salamencia
Hate to clog up this thread, but I'm having some trouble with reading the damage term scale, and I feel I won't be the only one. Could you visibly separate/distinguish the terms from the moves? I mean, it's legible, but it's not exactly clear.

Also, why are we now defining "critical", when it's only going to be used in reffings, which shouldn't be that precise?

WF

Yes, I am online. No, I am not ASBing currently. WF takes priority, as it tends to take up less of my time.
Old 09-13-2013, 10:11 AM   #7
Jerichi
本✚能

I was forced to come up with a new term to describe Trump Card's mechanics and it seemed like it would be fitting define critical, since it's been a constant source of confusion.
Old 09-13-2013, 10:35 AM   #8
Mercutio
Banned

People really really shouldn't be using 'critical' anyway but if they've got to we should have a common idea of it.

Jeri you forgot my ones again :p
Old 09-13-2013, 10:38 AM   #9
Jerichi
本✚能

I added in a majority of your edits. :x
Old 09-13-2013, 11:25 AM   #10
Slash
Poison Jam

Send a message via Yahoo to Slash Send a message via Skype™ to Slash
For Teleport, would it cost heavy or considerable for Psychic familiar Pokémon to use it? I feel like it should be the latter, but the descript seems to indicate the former.
Old 09-13-2013, 11:41 AM   #11
Jerichi
本✚能

Read it again. I think it's pretty clear.

気紛れを 許して 今更なんて思わずに急かしてよ
もっと中迄入って あたしの衝動を 突き動かしてよ

asbwffb

[jerichi]
Old 09-23-2013, 04:34 PM   #12
Slash
Poison Jam

If the user of Double Team is hit, do all the clones fade, or do they all have to be hit to be dispelled? Generally, I'd think the former, but it's not clear from the 'script, so I want to make sure.
Old 09-23-2013, 04:53 PM   #13
Mercutio
Banned

The former, and I'll put that in now, good catch. Ta.
Old 09-23-2013, 06:52 PM   #14
KratosAurion
Soul Badge

Send a message via Skype™ to KratosAurion
Quote:
Charge (EL) -- The user charges up their electric energy, using good energy, which makes the next few electric attacks used by it launch quicker and have a slight boost in power. While Charge itself doesn't use energy, the electric attacks affected by Charge will have a slight increase in energy consumption.
Could you please clarify weather Charge does, or does not consume Energy upon use?

// PASBL // Wild Future //
Old 09-23-2013, 07:03 PM   #15
EmeraldGoblin
Banned

Rain Dance (XX) -- The user does an ancient dance, calling to the sky to make it rain and using moderate energy. Much like Hail, clouds will form over the course of a round and begin to drop rain upon the battlefield. When the clouds move in, the first round or so is just drizzle, which is then followed with a constant rain.

Sunny Day (XX) -- The user sends a small beam of energy skyward, using moderate energy, causing all clouds to clear out and sunlight to shine brightly over the course of a round.

Does Sunny day have equal delay in effectiveness as rain dance?
Old 09-23-2013, 07:07 PM   #16
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

EDIT: Hurrdurr misunderstood the question.

Sunny Day does say 'over the course of a round', so I would believe that to be the case.
People should watch what they enjoy regardless of what others think, even if it's a terribad guilty pleasure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppleganger View Post
Though, I also dislike the concept of lamenting the current day while wishing to re-experience the past. At least, my modern attitude is to try and make each new day magical even if it's not, since exclusively reminiscing about the past is too pathetic.
Old 09-23-2013, 07:29 PM   #17
Jerichi
本✚能

>KA

herp that's an oversight on my part.

It really shouldn't use any energy. I'll add it in.
Old 09-24-2013, 02:36 AM   #18
Mercutio
Banned

Weather moves cause change which takes a round to happen.
Old 10-05-2013, 09:40 PM   #19
Jerichi
本✚能

We finally got the site editing problem sorted, so the site has now been updated with the new descripts!

However, we'll still use this thread to keep you updated on any new descripts before they go live.

気紛れを 許して 今更なんて思わずに急かしてよ
もっと中迄入って あたしの衝動を 突き動かしてよ

asbwffb

[jerichi]
Old 10-30-2013, 08:30 AM   #20
Slash
Poison Jam

A few ideas for move revisions (Slight XY spoilers):

Spoiler: show
Pin Missile (BG) -- The user fires a barrage of small spikes from its body, which can easily pierce even thick skin, yet rarely do more than just pierce the exterior and do damage. Total damage is between good and significant, depending on how many of the spikes hit.

Barrage (NO) -- The user creates several balls of energy, and shoots them at their opponent. The attack has somewhat low accuracy, being so spread out, but usually about a half to two-thirds of the balls will connect. This move can do anywhere from good to heavy damage, usually averaging out at considerable.

Comet Punch (XX) -- The user throws a lightning-fast barrage of three to five punches at the opponent, each jab hitting for light damage. Faster and more agile users tend to strike more times than bulkier, slower users.

Crabhammer (WA) -- The user smashes either the ground or the water, sending a shockwave of water energy that deals heavy damage towards the opponent, emanating from the inside of the pincer. If the user hits water with it, the attack will be much more powerful, variable up to severe damage if there is a significant amount of water crossed, but use more energy. The attack can also be used directly on an opponent, which deals heavy, physical damage by sending a shockwave of energy into the opponent.

Fire Pledge (FI) – The user blows flames under its foes which erupt into three pillars of fire, dealing solid damage. If used immediately before Grass Pledge, it creates a burning pillar of leaves and grass that surround the target for the next two rounds, dealing moderate damage at the end of the round.

Grass Pledge (GR) – The user sends a trio of spiraling leaves at the target which cut at the foe, dealing solid damage. If used immediately before Water Pledge, it leaves a swamp of grass, leaves and mud which can hinder the movements of the foe.

Water Pledge (WA) – The user sends a trio of pulses of pressurized water towards the target, which erupt underneath them, dealing solid damage. If used immediately before Fire Pledge, it creates a spray of steam which in turn creates an awe-inspiring rainbow in the light, encouraging all active Pokémon to concentrate on their moves, slightly increasing the chance of secondary effects.

Incinerate (FI) – The user fires a wide wall of flames, hitting the foe for decent damage. This attack is naturally wide-spread, allowing it to burn a large area to scorch grass or plants and clear foliage, as well as hit multiple targets at once.

Lick (GH) -- The user licks the target with its tongue, to cause mild ghost damage. It also has a 30% chance of paralyzing the target.

Snore (NO) -- While asleep, the user snores very loud so that it creates a shockwave of sound, capable of delivering decent damage.

Struggle Bug (BG) – The user issues a light pulse of Bug energy with a good deal of force behind it, similarly to a Psychic wave, dealing moderate damage and attempting to push back the foe.

Synchronise (PS) – The user releases an enhanced brain wave, targeting thought patterns of Pokémon. Due to the attack targeting how Pokémon think, it will deal significant damage to all Pokémon, enemy, friend or otherwise, who share at least one type with the user. If the target does not share a type with the user, they will take light damage instead. This attack uses heavy energy.

Thrash (XX) -- The user flails its body around violently, bludgeoning any nearby opponent repeatedly with various appropriate limbs. Continuing to Thrash too long may cause dizziness, but as long as it lasts it is not wise to stray too close. Depending on how long it lasts, this move can do anywhere from solid to severe damage, but it gets less efficient as the power rises.

Rage (XX) -- The Pokémon feeds on the frustration built up in them, using it to fuel a thrashing attack. This attack deals decent damage, but gives the user a slight boost in Attack if the foe attacks them during the same round after Rage is used. This boost is short-lived and fueled by anger, so being calmed (such as with Calm Mind, or Aromatherapy) will end the effects prematurely.

Bone Club (GR) -- The user (always Cubone/Marowak) hits the opponent with their bone, dealing solid damage.

Bone Rush (GR) -- The user rushes forth and strikes the opponent with their bone numerous times (roughly four to six times), each strike causing minor damage. If the user does not naturally wield a bone, it can create one out of Ground energy.

Bonemerang (GR) -- The user (always Cubone/Marowak) builds up Ground energy in their bone, and throws it, so it acts like a boomerang, that hits the opponent for decent damage, then hits again for more damage as the object flies back towards the thrower.

Block (NO) -- The user surrounds itself with Normal energy, and physically gets in to such a position such that the victim's trainer cannot connect a Pokeball's recall beam with the victim, able to move slightly faster than normal due to the Normal energy field. This prevents immediate recall. If the user can put itself between the target Pokémon and its trainer, it can also prevent the use of switching moves such as Baton Pass. Because the move is largely based upon physical mass, it uses only mild energy. The move can also be used to seal off exits and other pathways if need be.

Many are based on some base power changes from X/Y, and are to make the moves a bit more useful (Snore and Struggle Bug really need that increase in power, however slight). The multi-hit moves are because many of them needed re-writes for awhile (Barrage, for one). The Bone moves are self-explanatory, and this attempted re-write of Block is in hopes of making it slightly better.

Input? Ideas? Criticism?
Old 10-30-2013, 06:13 PM   #21
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

>Kairne Kin-style rewrite Block

wuv u
People should watch what they enjoy regardless of what others think, even if it's a terribad guilty pleasure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppleganger View Post
Though, I also dislike the concept of lamenting the current day while wishing to re-experience the past. At least, my modern attitude is to try and make each new day magical even if it's not, since exclusively reminiscing about the past is too pathetic.
Old 10-30-2013, 06:24 PM   #22
Mercutio
Banned

Attacks are under SCs in our priorities, we'll look at these when those are done.
Old 11-12-2013, 12:05 PM   #23
Mercutio
Banned

Concept may have the knowledge but I have the power of taking responsibility! Toxic and Curse (Ghost) have been updated. These descriptions are now official.
Old 11-19-2013, 05:22 PM   #24
Mercutio
Banned

Bide has been updated. Enjoy.
Old 12-02-2013, 12:39 PM   #25
Mercutio
Banned

Quote:
Bulldoze (GD) – The user stomps on the ground repeatedly, sending out multiple small shockwaves of Ground energy, dealing good damage overall. Unlike Earthquake, this attack shakes the ground violently, causing unstable structures to collapse and possibly starting rock slides, avalanches or other natural consequences. In particularly pliable arenas, Bulldoze may be able to destroy Stealth Rock and other entry hazards, at ref's discretion. It is also likely to cause the foe to trip, possibly interrupting an attack and dealing slightly more damage from the fall. The sustained nature of this attack makes it very difficult to use directly on the target and it can generally only be used on terrain.

Earth Power (GD) - The user stomps on the ground and channels a stream of ground energy towards the foe, which erupts out from under them in a narrow column, dealing significant damage. Energy usage depends on the type of terrain - for example, thick clay will be more difficult to channel through than soft dirt, the attack generally requiring significant energy. It can also be used to manipulate the ground’s shape somewhat, though more than slight alterations will tire the user significantly. This attack only works if the energy is sent through the ground - it cannot be used directly on an opponent. This attack has a 10% chance to lower the target's special defence by a 10%.

Earthquake (GD) - The user smashes either the ground or the opponent, sending shockwaves of Ground energy through it. If send through the ground, the waves transfer energy directly into any Pokémon who has contact with the ground, dealing significant damage. The type of ground involved determines the effectiveness of this attack, as sand, snow, mud, etc. could possibly hinder or even prevent this attack from working. If this attack is used directly on the target, it deals significant damage as if it were transferred through the ground, but will only affect that Pokémon.

Magnitude (GD) – The user smashes either the ground or the opponent, sending shockwaves of Ground energy through it. If send through the ground, the waves transfer energy directly into any Pokémon who has contact with the ground. The type of ground involved determines the effectiveness of this attack, as sand, snow, mud, etc. could possibly hinder or even prevent this attack from working. Magnitude is more destructive than Earthquake and can fracture the terrain, destroying small structures and possibly breaking entry hazards like Stealth Rock. If this attack is used directly on the target, it deals damage as if it were transferred through the ground, but will only affect that Pokémon. Magnitude costs considerable energy, but has a variable damage output, dealing anything from good to major damage.

Stockpile (NO) -- The user glows with a faint golden light, separating a decent amount of its energy into its gut for storage. Every round the user has the energy stockpiled inside, the energy grows slightly, before being spit up or swallowed. The energy cannot be accessed in any other way. This energy can be stacked, with additional uses separating out mild energy, allowing for multiple uses of the move before it fails, capping at a major amount of stored energy. Each use will grant a slight, temporary boost to overall defense which will fade when Spit Up or Swallow are used. If this energy is left to sit for too long (a few rounds) without an additional Stockpile or being Spit Up or Swallowed, it and the associated boosts will begin to fade.
Bow before our brilliance, etc.

Pre-empting possible questions: Earth Power can no longer be a DC attack (because no), Magnitude and Bulldoze are the only ones that can destroy Stealth Rock and Magnitude is RNGed like Psywave.

Look, Magnitude is usable now!
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL > Announcement Forum