UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL

Old 05-04-2017, 02:17 PM   #1
Eliteknight
Tommy used to work...

Jellicent UPN PASBL: Brave Saix (C) vs zerozoner (A)

Brave Saix (C) vs zerozoner (A)
3v3
Singles
72hr DQ
Equiall 1
Slapstick
Switch = OK
Forest Clearing: The trees of the Forest arena are fairly densely packed, but this will only restrict the movements of larger Pokemon; This match shall take place in a small clearing within. The trees will obviously offer some sort of cover for battling Pokemon, and are easily climbable. Flying Pokemon may find navigating the higher reaches of the Forest hard due to the density of the branches. Rocks are easily summonable from the arena, and attacks such as Earthquake and Bulldoze will transmit readily. Setting fire to the surroundings is dissuaded and difficult due to the danger it presents, but entirely possible. This arena is outdoors only.

Squads of 6 up please

PASBL Squad l C+ Grade Ref l Grass Gym Trainer

Spoiler: show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuckle View Post
Well I don't know I wanted to deal damage and Starmie is inorganic :X
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercutio View Post
Starmie is a starfish, it is not inorganic :p
Quote:
Kush I'm TL1. How am I supposed to know things if you don't tell me them?
Quote:
It's a starfish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Concept View Post
I have 1 SP. Retroactively claiming the SP tax on all the things I did whilst LO.

I now have 1 SP.

Last edited by Eliteknight; 05-04-2017 at 02:30 PM.
Eliteknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 06:19 PM   #2
Brave Saix
Boulder Badge

(All kinds of nervous here...)

Aquila the Male Cyndaquil (Level 1)

Bohannon the Male Piplup (Level 1)

Olivia the Female Sewaddle (Level 1)

Jill the Female Noibat (Level 1)

Titania the Female Zebstrika (Up-Level 2)

Archer the Male Cubone (Level 1)
Hidden Power: Water
Signature:
Archer originates from the Kanto Safari Zone. Here he lived a life of relative peace watching the herds of Tauros stampede and the Nidorinos spar for the Nidorina. Often he would venture deep in to the Zone, far from Fuschia City, to the lake were the Chansey gathered to sing their chorus. When they gathered under the full moon it was to honor the coming of age of young Dratini and the selection of the first to evolve into a Dragonair.

But peace, like the ocean, has its ebbs and flows and soon came a time of turmoil. A major drought came upon the world whose source could only be traced to some far off land. Whilst unity was easily kept amongst most species, the population of Scythers would come to be divided. A young, powerful Scyther, known for the length of his blades gathered a faction against the old leadership, pitting his belief in shows of force versus the established equilibrium of recourses.

This division soon lead to war as the two sides clashed, one defending the other species while the other extorted them for food and water. Archer ultimately came to support the side of equality but never in a fighting role.

As months passed the drought grew worse as if it source had gained a new level power. Archer had come to be relied upon for his ability as scout due to the growing number of carcass now littering the one-time refuge. However even the best a hiding can be found sometime and as luck would have it Archer was discovered by the second-in-command of the insurgent faction.

The subordinate Scyther shattered his bone, threating to take his life if he did not give up all that he knew. He was stumbled upon by Arturia, the Female Scyther that I would soon come to befriend as well. Slicing the limb from the Scyther, Arturia stood in defense of the now helpless Archer. Grateful for his life, he took the now lifeless limb as the replacement for his bone and swore himself to Arturia, who in turn trained him on how to use his new armament.

Special Training: Bone of my Sword
Archer gains access to the moves Slash and X-Scissor. These moves are subject to the Cubone line's SC save for the long range version of X-Scissor. Archer has enough Bug-type energy to use X-Scissor up to three times per battle. Due to using this odd bone, Archer now has a weakness to fire (kept thru evolution) and never learned Earthquake.

Thanks for reffing EK and don't you go easy on me Zero. That said, good luck.
Old 05-04-2017, 07:04 PM   #3
zerozoner
Rainbow Badge

Posting Squad time! The part i'm absolutely the worst at... Well good luck Brave.

Cream: Lickitung level 1 Female
Slushie: Piplup level 1 Female
Cinnamon: Numel level 1 Female
Thing: Lileep Male level 1
Pudding: Ralts female level 1
Earthy: Bulbasaur Female level 1

Going to start off with Cream the Lickitung!

Gaming Pic

PASBL
Wild Future
zerozoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 07:54 PM   #4
Brave Saix
Boulder Badge

Lickitung, eh? We gotta watch out for her tongue then.

Alright Olivia the Sewaddle, you take the lead!

Aim to cover it's mouth with an Electroweb, then use your string to pull yourself into the trees, then use Grass Knot from that cover.
Old 05-05-2017, 01:42 AM   #5
zerozoner
Rainbow Badge

Use Rock Climb to avoid the webbing and counter attack at the same time. Afterwards give it a Rock Slide.

Gaming Pic

PASBL
Wild Future
Old 05-09-2017, 07:44 PM   #6
Eliteknight
Tommy used to work...

Round 1: David and Goliath

Two trainers walk into the forest and find themselves a clearing fairly wide enough they decide here is where they shall do battle, both trainers choose their pokemon and reveal them to their foe. From Zerozoner a Lickitung named Cream, from Brace Saix a Sewaddle named Olivia

Quote:
Lickitung (Normal): Lickitung have long tongues, which can extend out to eight feet to hit enemies. Any attack a Lickitung does with its tongue deals x1.1 damage, with a 10% chance of paralysis.

[Normal]: Normal-type Pokémon are able to use support moves to greater effect than other Pokémon, with them being performed slightly quicker and being slightly more potent. Being beings of great balance, they benefit more from the positive effects of weather and other arena affecting moves, but will not suffer as badly from the negative effects. In the ASB, Normal-types take resisted damage from the damaging effects of Ghost-type energy.

-----

Sewaddle (Bug/Grass): Sewaddle are dressed in a wrapping of leaves, allowing them to more easily hide amongst trees and bushes than other Grass-types. If their clothing is shed willingly (using a move) or destroyed, they will automatically craft a new one out of nearby foliage. Shedding can remove externally applied statuses like burns, toxic sludge or spore attacks. Their silk makes their String Shot and similar attacks stronger than usual. Like a Spinarak, they can use this to pull themselves from place to place more quickly without it counting as a move. In addition, when they fall below 1/3 health, they become empowered, their STAB attacks dealing 10% extra damage.

[Bug]: Bug-types can see in the dark, and they have largely enhanced sight, granting them a small boost to the accuracy of their moves. Most live in warm climates, though they hate fire and dislike extreme cold. Their status inducing attacks have an extra 10% chance of inflicting statuses and the resulting statuses are slightly more potent than usual. Bug types are in general more nimble than other Pokémon, though not necessarily faster, and will quickly out manoeuvre opponents when using unconventional movement.

[Grass]: Grass-type Pokémon live anywhere that can support vegetation and are adept at concealing themselves in such places. They enjoy both bright sun and rain and fight more enthusiastically in the day time, though they are not put off by fighting at night. Rainstorms will heal them slightly every round the rain falls, while very bright sunlight will regenerate their energy instead. Their healing moves cost slightly less energy and their draining moves will heal them by a greater amount while suffering only half of the usual diminishing returns. They are immune to spore based techniques like Sleep Powder and are more adept at using such attacks themselves, creating denser concentrations of spores which are harder to disperse and more potent in their effects. Any attack used by Grass-types manipulating the environment is slightly more potent, and their Grass-type attacks which utilise plant foliage (such as Razor Leaf) are more efficient in natural environments.
Olivia looks upon Cream, the small bug quite happy within the forest lets see if it can overcome the size difference between the two pokemon! Acting swiftly Olivia gathers in energy Olivia creates a web using string from her body gathering it in she charges it with electrical energy and sends it towards Cream, while using it to transport her aswell! However Cream seeing the incoming attack uses energy to climb through the air as if climbing rocks! The webbing weighed down somewhat by Olivia misses entirely before landing on the ground with Olivia on top of it sticking to her somewhat but not really hindering her movements.

Cream landing on the other side of the small clearing turns around to see his foe sticking to their own web! Olivia trying to get to the safety of a nearby try begins to head forwards climbing off the web as she does so. However this is not unnoticed by Olivia whom gathers in rock energy and summons forth rocks from the ground below and sends them upon Olivia destroying the electro web in the process striking the Sewaddle for a large chunk of super effective damage, Trapped somewhat within the rocks Olivia climbs up turns and summons forth grass knots around her foe causing Cream to fall dealing some damage.

Summary:
Olivia took a rather nasty hit dropping through a fair chunk of the first third. Cream holds a large lead. Both good for two, Cream used a fair chunk of their Rock energy

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
It's a starfish.

Quote:
I have 1 SP. Retroactively claiming the SP tax on all the things I did whilst LO.

I now have 1 SP.
Old 05-10-2017, 10:54 PM   #7
zerozoner
Rainbow Badge

Icy Wind followed by another Rock Slide.

Gaming Pic

PASBL
Wild Future
Old 05-11-2017, 02:35 AM   #8
Brave Saix
Boulder Badge

Match her Icy wind with your own Silver Wind, then Protect yourself from the rock slide.
Old 05-30-2017, 02:03 AM   #9
zerozoner
Rainbow Badge

Giving a bump, hoping for no fender bender.

Gaming Pic

PASBL
Wild Future
Old 05-30-2017, 05:22 PM   #10
Eliteknight
Tommy used to work...

Shit I knew I missed something, will ref Thursday since I'm stupid busy until then

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
It's a starfish.

Quote:

I now have 1 SP.
Old 06-01-2017, 04:50 PM   #11
Eliteknight
Tommy used to work...

Round 2: Rock N Roll

Cream stands back up and looks upon Olivia, both pokemon gather in energy and send forth winds of energy one an icy cold the other a bug energy coated wind which glows silver throughout itself, the winds pass through each other dealing damage to each other however Olivia takes much more damage while chilling her greatly causing her reactions to become slowed down.

Cream gathers in rock energy once more summoning the rocks from before sending them down upon Olivia whom manages to summon forth a protective barrier to shield herself from the attack. Cream frustrated looks upon Olivia.

Summary:
Olivia has dropped to the end of the first third. Cream took a solid hit. Is out of rock energy

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
It's a starfish.

Quote:

I now have 1 SP.
Old 06-01-2017, 06:14 PM   #12
Brave Saix
Boulder Badge

Well, we may be chill, but we're just warming up! Surprise them with a Nature Power, then Seed Bomb 'em while they're distracted!
Old 06-01-2017, 11:11 PM   #13
zerozoner
Rainbow Badge

Hey Cream, they said they want to warm up. So kindly aid them with a Flamethrower followed by Secret Power.

Gaming Pic

PASBL
Wild Future
Old 06-10-2017, 07:14 PM   #14
Eliteknight
Tommy used to work...

Round 3: Boom

Olivia up close against a tree, with very little wiggle room calls upon the power of nature sending off sharp leaves towards Cream in razor sharp fashion dealing some damage to the Lickitung whom smiles and unleashes a flamethrower upon Olivia dealing a massive amount of damage causing him to howl in pain from the pain. Olivia no longer cold from the icy winds from the previous round sending seeds upon Cream dealing some damage as they explode upon him, finally Cream gets in close and uses a secret power dealing some more damage to Olivia.

Summary:
Olivia has fallen into the final third, Cream, has fallen out of the 1st third both would like breathers

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
It's a starfish.

Quote:

I now have 1 SP.
Old 06-11-2017, 12:21 AM   #15
zerozoner
Rainbow Badge

Go with a Secret Power.

Gaming Pic

PASBL
Wild Future
Old 06-11-2017, 02:10 AM   #16
Brave Saix
Boulder Badge

Since they seem close, let's try that Electroweb again!
Old 06-19-2017, 09:08 PM   #17
Eliteknight
Tommy used to work...

Round 4:

Cream looks upon Olivia their close range allowing the large pink pokemon to strike the Sweaddle with a secret power dealing more damage to the bug whom responds with an electroweb causing it to wrap around the lickitungs body trapping his arms to him, the web courses with electricity dealing some damage to Cream.

Summary:
Cream took negligable damage, Olivia travels through the final third. Both good for two.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
It's a starfish.

Quote:

I now have 1 SP.
Old 06-19-2017, 09:21 PM   #18
Brave Saix
Boulder Badge

Grass Knot its feet then Struggle Bug to add more force to its fall!
Old 06-25-2017, 05:12 PM   #19
zerozoner
Rainbow Badge

Flamethrower while its trying to mess with grass. Follow this up with another Icy Wind.

Gaming Pic

PASBL
Wild Future
Old 07-11-2017, 01:04 PM   #20
Eliteknight
Tommy used to work...

Round 5: Burn Baby Burn

Olivia looks upon Cream the two pokemon having faught hard until this moment, Olivia begins channeling energy through the ground causing the grass at Cream's feet to form knots and begin to wrap around the Lickitung's legs. However Cream is taking none of this and unleashes a flamethrower upon Olivia knocking her out before he falls to the ground with a thud

Olivia Is unable to battle!

Cream took a small hit, fire is gone, good for two

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
It's a starfish.

Quote:

I now have 1 SP.
Old 07-11-2017, 03:41 PM   #21
Brave Saix
Boulder Badge

Alright. Titania you're up!

Get in close with a short-term Agility! Then give 'em a Double Kick right in the kisser!
Old 07-16-2017, 12:37 PM   #22
zerozoner
Rainbow Badge

Titania? Getting Fire Emblem vibes here... Glad there's no permanent death here.

Cream give it a Brutal Swing with that tongue of yours as it comes in for the kicks.

Gaming Pic

PASBL
Wild Future
Old 07-16-2017, 02:58 PM   #23
Eliteknight
Tommy used to work...

Round 6:

Recalling Olivia Brave Saix sends out his second pokemon Tatania the Zebstrika

Quote:
Zebstrika (Electric): Zebstrika are brimming with electrical energy, often releasing small amounts through their mane, causing it to flash brightly. Their mane can be illuminated for a longer period of time, allowing it to illuminate an area much like an Ampharos. Though far less agile than Blitzle, Zebstrika can run at high speeds for a short time, making their speed-based attacks somewhat more effective. When using Agility, they leave a trail of sparks, which do light Electric damage to anything that walks over or stands on them. Any attack they execute with their hooves is 1.2x as powerful.

[Electric]: Electric types are resistant to paralysis inflicted by Electric-type moves, though they may be paralysed as normal by other methods. Electric types do not suffer from recoil damage when using Electric attacks in the water. They have a high degree of control over their Electric type attacks, and as such they will suffer less from attempts to redirect them.
Tatania appears with a flash of light and uses some agility to quickly close the gap between her and her foe, the mighty Zebstrika reers up before cream can react and strikes him twice with Hooves of fighting energy pushing the Lickitung backwards from the force of the attack. However Cream isnt done, extending his tongue out he swings it brutally hitting Tatania dealing some damage to the electric horse.

Summary:
Cream flew through the 2nd third and now sits at the start of the final third. Both good for two

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
It's a starfish.

Quote:

I now have 1 SP.
Old 07-23-2017, 08:08 PM   #24
zerozoner
Rainbow Badge

Cream go for a Supersonic then smack it with an Earthquake.

Gaming Pic

PASBL
Wild Future
Old 07-24-2017, 02:31 AM   #25
Brave Saix
Boulder Badge

Screech then Discharge!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL