UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL > Generic Tourney Forum

Old 02-11-2009, 06:25 PM   #26
Hanatori
Skippy.

Oh. I figured it was a three-mover because of the "move close to the shore" bit possibly being an extreme movement, though.
Old 02-12-2009, 08:45 PM   #27
ZoraJolteon
BBCode Master

Cut Octillery's wave out from underneath him with a Psychic wave of your own. If it manages to confuse you with its Supersonic, Psycho Shift. Otherwise, Solarbeam!

Superior Christmas Banner is Superior.
Also still looking for ref with brain, although not just now due to Tyranidos running in fear.
ZoraJolteon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 03:43 PM   #28
Jerichi
本✚能

Round Seven
Koi: Okusan stars off by moving towards the shore somewhat, positioning himself for his first attack. Suddenly, he summons up a swell from behind...

Quark: RIDE THAT SURF!

Koi: ...yeah. As the wave rises to intercept Xatu and his screen, the bird attempts to respond by plucking Okusan off his watery throne. While he does manage to blast him from the crest Psychically, the wave continues to grow, crashing straight through Xatu's screen as the Octillery plummets into the water below, landing with a splash.

Koi: Both Pokemon take a moment take a moment to recover, and Okusan manages to pull himself together first. Before Xatu can get himself together, Okusan releases a piercing Supersonic, sending Xatu for a spin. Though the Psychic bird isn't as confused as other 'mon would be, he's still fairly discombobulated. He tries his best to focus, and suddenly isolates a small portion of his brain, Shifting his mental status Psycho-ically over to Okusan. The octopus is sent into his own stupor, looking just as out of sorts as Xatu, who is now huffing, but no longer confused.

At the end of the round...

Pupurin: Xatu's dipped under half by a good deal after that energy use, and he's breathing pretty hard. His screen is gone and he took a good smack. Health is around half.

Pupurin: Okusan is ahead in both health and energy, but his health lead is greater, and his energy lead isn't that large. He can still use a bit of energy before hitting half and can take a good deal of damage before hitting half health.
Jerichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 01:02 PM   #29
ZoraJolteon
BBCode Master

Giga Drain while it's dazed, then hit it with Secret Power!

Also still looking for ref with brain, although not just now due to Tyranidos running in fear.
Old 02-18-2009, 12:31 PM   #30
Hanatori
Skippy.

Jumpluff

Beat Xatu down with Facade the second you come to your senses, then fire another Ice Beam right in his face.
Old 02-19-2009, 07:15 AM   #31
Jerichi
本✚能

Round Eight - Hana should warn me of her postings so I can ref while I watch my favorite TV shows.
Koi: With his opponent now afflicted with the mental mix-up he was just in, Xatu takes the chance to sap some stamina away with Giga Drain, magically siphoning away vitality through a grassy path. In response, Okusan cringes, but still manages to slink up to the bird, and begins to Facade on his ass, bouncing around wildly as he slams into Xatu repeatedly. Xatu backs off somewhat angrily, and summons up his Secret Power, shooting down the confused artillery. Okusan tumbles back a foot or two, but manages to collect himself enough after the good hit. Though he's still having some focus problems, he doesn't have much problem summoning up an Ice Beam, which...

Quark: 72!

Koi: ...is kinda off, hitting Xatu in the side with one of the sporadic tendrils, causing a small patch of ice to form.

Pupurin: Anything gained back by Xatu was taken away by Okusan, and thensome, putting him further below half, but still well above critical. Energy use was decent, and he's looking about the same as he did last round, though he is breathing a little lighter.

Pupurin: Okusan is somewhat more coherent and may have some trouble aiming, but his natural ability should allow him to make partial hits at least. Health lead was shrunk a tiny bit, but he's still half-ish and above Xatu by a good deal. Energy is dancing around half.
Old 02-21-2009, 12:23 AM   #32
Hanatori
Skippy.

Jumpluff

Okusan, stay strong! Fire off a Secret Power of your own, then wrap Xatu's wings up as hard as you can from behind him for a Wring Out!
Old 02-22-2009, 10:11 PM   #33
ZoraJolteon
BBCode Master

Charge a quick Solar Beam while it's getting its bearings for the Secret Power, then when it tries to get near you for the Wring Out, give it a Sucker Punch!

Old 02-22-2009, 10:22 PM   #34
Jerichi
本✚能

Round Nine
Koi: Pulling himself together a bit, Okusan is a little delayed in his first attack. This gives Xatu a second to take in some sunlight, but once Okusan fires off his Secret Power, he has no option but to release the Solar Beam early, producing a pitiful ray that crashes into the small normal burst. The resulting explosion throws both participants back, doing some solid damage to the both of them and knocking Okusan out of the remainder of his confusion.

Koi: Xatu manages to shake off the damage, preparing himself for his opponent's next move. Surely enough, Okusan slinks in, tentacles ready to...

Quark: WAPE?

Koi: ...no, I was thinking more along the lines of Wring Out. However, he isn't given the chance, as Xatu's left wing soon lights up with dark energy, or darkens up, I should say, as he delivers an unsporting Sucker Punch to the octopus, causing the cephilopod to fly backwards, plopping into the water. He pulls his head up, looking quite angry with the Xatu's nasty, underhanded tactics.

Pupurin: Using a good deal of energy, Xatu has leveled the playing field a bit, but is still somewhat behind in the runnings. Energy and health are both further below half, but health is far more worse off.

Pupurin: Okusan took some nice hits there, but only used a bit of energy, looking around half in both departments.
Old 02-24-2009, 10:11 PM   #35
ZoraJolteon
BBCode Master

When in doubt, order Twister. Then lets go with, oh, say a Signal Beam.

Old 02-25-2009, 11:13 PM   #36
Hanatori
Skippy.

Jumpluff

Interrupt him mid-Twister with Aurora Beam and then try to Wring him Out again.
Old 02-26-2009, 07:09 AM   #37
Jerichi
本✚能

Round Ten
Koi: Deciding that tornadoes are the way to go, Xatu begins to flap his wings in order to whip up a Twister once again. Before he can get too far in the technique, however, Okusan launches an Aurora Beam. The rainbow-y light travels straight towards the bird, their relatively close proximity allowing the fanned beam to strike before Xatu can form his whirlwind completely. Xatu is struck, sending what amounts to those things you see whipping trash around on the streets at Okusan, doing some light damage as the winds spin around him.

Koi: Xatu looks pretty annoyed that his glorious cyclone had been stopped, and once he recovers from the beam, summons up a shining beam of energy. The Signal Beam is launched, smacking Okusan right in the forehead. The octopus staggers a bit, but manages to recover without too much trouble, still quite intent on...

Quark: WAPE?!

Koi: ...I was going to say Wringing Out Xatu, which he proceeds to do. He wraps the bird up in his tentacles and begins to bind him, slowly giving him what equates to Indian Rug Burn as his appendages twist and tighten around his whole body. Xatu struggles, but its a while before he can get free.

Pupurin: Xatu took a pretty large amount of damage, and is nearing critical ranges. He's looking a bit better in terms of immediate exhaustion, but he is still under half by a good bit.

Pupurin: Okusan took a good hit there, putting him under half. Energy also fell under half but he's got plenty to burn.
Old 02-26-2009, 10:32 AM   #38
Hanatori
Skippy.

Jumpluff

Hanatori: You know, there's really not enough lovely banter in this match.

Tighten your grip, Okusan. Screw up any concentration he can muster by Screeching at him through the round.
Old 02-26-2009, 11:09 AM   #39
ZoraJolteon
BBCode Master

BANTER?!?

Oooh, it's on, biznatch.

Lol, our opponent is so retarded. Jeri said "It's a while before he can get free.", not "It'll be a while before he can get free.", so clearly Xatu has already escaped from Octillery's grip, and therefore your order to tighten a nonexistant grip is meaningless.

Calm your Mind to block out the effects of Screech, and fully charge a Solarbeam!

Old 03-08-2009, 09:44 PM   #40
Jerichi
本✚能

Round Eleven
Koi: With Okusan no longer binding Xatu, the octopus is somewhat confused as to the first half of his trainer's orders, but quickly shrugs it off, wasting no time in acting. The artillery-cephelopod takes a deep breath, releasing a deafening Screech upon exhaling. Xatu tries his best to keep his composure, Calming his Mind to try to fight the noise. While it works somewhat, he still can't help but feel somewhat annoyed by the octopus's loud, incessant noise, and only can start on his next attack as Okusan takes a beat to catch his breath. Trying his best to put his improved mental state to good use as Okusan starts his Screech again, he draws from the bright disk above. However, he only can absorb enough sunlight for a marginal Solar Beam before he can't stand the noise anymore, firing a bright beam formed from the compacted photons. Okusan is hit in his large forehead, skidding back a few inches before catching himself with his suction cups.

Pupurin: Xatu used a pretty good deal of energy and is getting low on energy but can finish off Okusan if he tries.

Pupurin: Energy use for Okusan was slightly higher than if those Screeches were used with a gap, but he's not doing too bad in that department. His health took a good hit and while it's not as bad as it would have if Xatu had charged a full Solar Beam, it's still a good way under half.
Old 03-08-2009, 10:46 PM   #41
ZoraJolteon
BBCode Master

Psychic wave and Air Cutter.

Old 03-10-2009, 09:35 PM   #42
Hanatori
Skippy.

Jumpluff Jumpluff sez: OKUSAN, FFFFFFFFFLAMETHROWER!

Take the Psychic wave; with our health lead still, erm, healthy, it's not that much of a concern. Then end this; Flamethrower into Flash Cannon.

Hanatori: No Surf-riding? No lovely typespam? WHAT IS THIS?!!?!?!?!?!
Old 03-10-2009, 10:17 PM   #43
Jerichi
本✚能

Round Twelve
Koi: Xatu, looking a bit tuckered out from all of this but still intent on causing some damage, concentrates shortly before firing a distortion with his Psychic energy. Okusan, however, simply bunkers down, taking the hit without protest, and while he doesn't seem too happy, he manages to keep his composure through the attack. After a fairly inactive prior round, the Water-type manages to do the impossible, firing off a Flamethrower before Xatu can properly react. The bird manages to start flappin' his wings as the flames near, producing a decent Air Cutter that cuts through the flames but doesn't manage to totally deflect them, causing the bird to be scorched by a fair bit of the bright fire. Some of the wind makes it through, doing good damage to Okusan as well.

Quark: Let me take a moment to interject that Hana does not suck. And since I must be impartial, Zora does not either.

Koi: Okusan doesn't seem done just yet, though, as he gathers a "cannonball" of Steel energy in his mouth, firing his Flash Cannon right at Xatu.

Quark: *insert innuendo here*

Koi: Xatu takes the hit and... what's this? He begins to wobble a bit before suddenly sagging and falling to the ground! Xatu has fainted!

Quark: OOOH, TAKEN DOWN BY AN INTENSE BLOW!

Pupurin: Flash Cannon is intense?

Xatu is unable to battle! Zora, please send out your next Pokemon!

Pupurin: After quite a grueling twelve round first act, Okusan is starting to wear, health nearing critical and energy further below half. He may be able to see another round or two but will be hard pressed.
Old 03-11-2009, 05:31 PM   #44
ZoraJolteon
BBCode Master

You are named similar to how the most bestest user is named, so I hope you will also battle most bestfully.

Hanaheri: What, I'm finally seeing a battle again?

No, silly. I'm using Jolteon!

Thunderbolt, Thunderbolt!

Old 03-11-2009, 06:43 PM   #45
Hanatori
Skippy.

Jumpluff

Endure into Flail - try to get the Flail in between Thunderbolts. You've done well in your first battle, Okusan; let's make this last round worthwhile!
Old 03-13-2009, 09:28 AM   #46
Jerichi
本✚能

Round Thirteen
Koi: With Xatu recalled, Zora's namesake, Jolteon, takes the stage, bristling lightly as she stares down her squishy foe.

Quote:
Female Jolteon
Jolteon is beautiful, and smart and lots of other good stuff. Her only bad feature is that she's incredibly arrogant about being the fastest thing on four legs or so she claims to be. Actually that's a lie. She has two bad features. Her shallow movepool tends to screw her over when facing Pokémon with a resistance to Ground-type attacks. She therefore began extensive studying, and realised she could use the power of PSUDO-SCIENCE to overcome this issue.
Special Attack: Rodstorm (Steel/Water)
A variation of her Pin Missile ability, Jolteon uses an equivilent amount of Steel energy instead to fires metal spikes at her foe, each one also infused with a small amount of water energy. Due to the conductive nature of these projectiles, Ground types struck by them will be vulnerable to Electric attacks for the next 3-4 rounds. Other types of Pokémon hit by the attack will simply suffer a slightly increase in electrical damage taken for the duration.
Koi: Orders are given and this battle is underway once again!

Koi: Jolteon is first to act, bristling her quills to channel her negative charge into a Thunderbolt. As the Eeveelution crackles, Okusan bunkers down, glowing lightly in hope to Endure the hit. Jolteon releases the bolt, which travels directly to Okusan, giving the octo a good jolt.

Quark: [insert obligatory Octorok joke here]

Koi: Once the volts fade, Okusan sags a little, but managed to reduce enough of the damage to keep himself together. With a quick sigh, he suddenly begins to Flail across the sand, beating Jolteon wildly with his tentacles.

Quark: TENTACLE WA-*shot*

Koi: Jolteon tries to back off, managing to let off another Thunderbolt, frying Okusan once again. The octopus is stopped in his tracks, suddenly sagging, tentacles spread about him, KO'd.

Okusan is unable to battle! Hana, please send out your next Pokemon!

Pupurin: Jolteon took solid damage and used good energy, but is still fairly fresh.
Old 03-15-2009, 01:22 AM   #47
Hanatori
Skippy.

Jumpluff

Sasori, let's win this!

Hanako: Dear god, it's the singing Gliscor.

Now, that terrible Jolteon is likely to try and stick her rods inside you. You don't want her rods inside you, right? So let's keep her from sticking her rods inside you! Kick up a Sandstorm, then Swords Dance to increase your strength for the long term!

Hanatori: This is going to become an innuendo battle really, really fast...

Hanako: And given who we're fighting, this could get dangerous.
Old 03-16-2009, 06:18 PM   #48
ZoraJolteon
BBCode Master

Jolteon, cum come quickly!

...out of range of the Sandstorm using long term Agility.

And you don't need to stick your rod into a pussy scorpion, all that matters is you get it wet - perform a pole Rain Dance!

Old 03-18-2009, 09:42 PM   #49
Jerichi
本✚能

Round Fourteen
Koi: With Okusan recalled, a familiar member of Hana's squad takes the stage...

Fetra: DO DEMO DAIICHI NA, KIMINO OMOI WA~ DAIN-*shot*

Koi: Yes, folks, it's Sasori.

Quote:
Sasori: Female Gliscor (Level 4)
Sasori likes to sing (poorly) and read Zettai-Hentai with Kyuu-Tales and Bela. Anything to get over the "loss" - "loss" being meant loosely - of her One True Love (C), Kimarhi, Dream Breaker's former Houndour, I suppose.
Special Attack: Stand Mike (--)
Sasori's terrible voice becomes extremely useful in this technique. Sasori screeches loudly and quickly, only for about one half of a second. The noise is so terrible, however, that the opponent's concentration is almost completely lost in that one half of a second, leading to one of three effects: the opponent may become Confused (80% chance), the opponent will forget the next attack ordered (15% chance), or the opponent will forget the rest of the orders for the round (5% chance). This attack can not be ordered as the first attack, can not be ordered when I am attacking first, and can only be used once per battle.
Koi: Orders are given and this interesting battle is underway once again!

Koi: Wasting no time, Sasori takes preventative measures to prevent Jolteon from "putting her rods" in her, which I assume refers to her rod-centered sig move.

Quark: Is it too late for a "that's what she said" joke?

Koi: Using the copious amounts of sand on the beach, Sasori whips up a Sandstorm with some rapid spinnan. Jolteon will have nothing of this rough play, zipping away with great Agility to evade the swirling sands. Now with both Pokemon on either end of the beach, they both begin to Dance... Jolteon's seems to be of the pole Rain-summoning variety, as her fancy footwork causes men rain clouds to gather over the arena. Meanwhile, Sasori's spinning speed appears to double as she performs a Swords Dance, pumping up her power in the process.

Quark: This is seeming more like a rave than a battle with all the dancing and darkening of the arena and whatnot.

Pupurin: Now we just need some strobe lights.

Pupurin: Jolteon used decent energy.

Pupurin: Sasori used decent energy.
Old 03-19-2009, 04:38 AM   #50
Muyotwo
Dominator of Bike Levels

Decent round.
Muyotwo is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL > Generic Tourney Forum