UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL > Generic Tourney Forum

Old 01-23-2009, 08:47 PM   #1
Jerichi
本✚能

Kecleon Two Pokémon, One Cup - Vet Bracket: Hanatori vs. ZoraJolteon

Koi: Aaaaaaand helscome to the Beach Arena for a very romantic intense first round battle between two long-time lovers members of this fine battling establishment, Hana and Zora!

Quark: RABU RABU NO BATORU.

Pupurin: The name of this tourney is disturbing, especially in the context of this battle.

Quark: Let's just not go there.

Fetra: Leave the DAINTY perverted comments to Zora, hun.

Koi: Anyways, this is sure to be an exciting battle between two former GLs, long-time stalker and stalkee, and TO regulars. We expect no lack of banter from either of you.

Quark: Here are the stats for this lovely awesome battle:
2 vs. 2
Return = KO
Slapstick
Equilevel
Pokebowl Style DQ
Hidden Squad

Koi: Since we've already received the PMS PMs, let's get down to business rolling! Hana, post your selection and we can go from there!

Koi: RABU RABU RIRISU!
Jerichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 08:52 PM   #2
Hanatori
Skippy.

Jumpluff

Okusan: Male Octillery (Level 4)
No Signature Move

Okusan, let's just get this over with. Since we don't know what we're facing, I'll release you on land for now.
Old 01-25-2009, 09:47 AM   #3
Jerichi
本✚能

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanatori
Okusan, let's just get this loss over with. For all the pessimism I hold, I trust you won't get your arse whomped too hard. I'll release you on land for now.

Let's screw stuff up. Supersonic, then Octazooka right in the eyes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoraJolteon
Xatu, I choose you!

Hanatori is so sexy, some of it must brush off on her Pokémon choice. Leer at them, even if it means you now have teh gai. Then hit them with a sandy Twister!
Round One
Koi: After a lot of confusion and punching Mozz in the ovaries a few times, Hana and Zora reveal their choices. On Hana's side, Okusan the Octillery takes the stage, while Zora reveals the all-too-popular Xatu on his. Orders are given and this lover's first round match is underway!

Koi: Blatantly ignoring the dangers of Leer, Xatu is first to act, attempting to stirke fear into his foe with a nasty glare. However, he seems to be ignored, as Okusan is busy releasing a Supersonic sound from his snout. While Xatu is less effected than normal, he still seems a bit confused by the noise. Okusan takes the opportunity to strike, inching in across the sand to get right up-close-and-personal with the psychic bird. He spits an Octazooka right between the bird's eyes, splattering his face with a cover of thick, black ink. Now blind, Xatu begins to panic a bit as he comes to his senses, desperately whipping his wings to generate a Twister. Okusan, not exactly on a firm surface, is easily picked up and spun into the water, falling into the salty sea.

At the end of the round...

Pupurin: Xatu took a good shot and will be having some problems with vision for the next round or two. Energy use was decent.

Pupurin: Okusan took a good hit and used decent energy.
Old 01-26-2009, 06:21 AM   #4
Jerichi
本✚能

Zora posts first, just BTW.
Old 01-26-2009, 06:19 PM   #5
ZoraJolteon
BBCode Master

Set up a Light Screen and fly up high.

Superior Christmas Banner is Superior.
Also still looking for ref with brain, although not just now due to Tyranidos running in fear.
ZoraJolteon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 06:35 PM   #6
Hanatori
Skippy.

Jumpluff

Hanatori: There's a disturbing lack of banter here.

Hana: Quiet, you. Okusan, send a Waterfall crashing down on Xatu, then try to trap him in a Thunder Wave.

Hanako: Jeri should totally break out the Stadium announcer quotes for this match.

Sasori: DON'T GO CHASING WATERFALLS. JUST STICK TO THE RIVERS AND THE LAKES THAT YOU'RE USED TO.
Old 01-26-2009, 09:05 PM   #7
Jerichi
本✚能

Round Two
Koi: Taking the defensive, Xatu summons up a Light Screen to protect against the vast special arsenal of his foe. Okusan, however, doesn't fall for this ploy, backing into the water, swimming in circles just offshore. Meanwhile, Xatu, ordered to fly up "high", begins to do just that, though it's a bit of a slow process for the bird, not exactly adept to fast flight (or any flight for that matter). As he nears his apex, Okusan begins to build a Waterfall of sorts, summoning a huge column of water that conveniently travels "high" as well. The pillar crashes through Xatu's screen, sending him earthwards as the water rushes over him.

Quark: THIS HAS TURNED INTO A VICIOUS BATTLE RIGHT OFF THE BAT.

Koi: Anyways, Okusan inches in as Xatu falls, intercepting the bird with a Thunderwave, which he holds for a good bit, inflicting NASTY PARALYSIS.

Pupurin: Oh god not again.

Pupurin: Xatu took a solid shot and is pretty paralyzed. Energy use was pretty good as well.

Pupurin: No damage this round, but a good deal of energy was used.
Old 01-26-2009, 09:59 PM   #8
Hanatori
Skippy.

Jumpluff

Now that Xatu's all wet, I think now's a good time to freeze him over, amirite? Okusan, engulf Xatu in an Ice Beam. Then, if you manage the full-body freeze, relax and laugh at the poor frozen totem pole. If you don't manage to do it, head about 10 feet underwater and relax.

Hanako: So much for "Oh, I'm gonna lose so badly~."
Old 01-27-2009, 10:53 PM   #9
ZoraJolteon
BBCode Master

A FLASH OF CONFUSE RAY!

IT PREDICTED AN ATTACK IN THE FUTURE. Sight.

Erm.

WHAT'S THE MATTER TRAINER?

I wanted to order Xatu to use Heat Wave instead if it needed to defrost itself. But you never got a chance to announce that attack as somebody fired you.

NAILED THE WEAK SPOT!

Also still looking for ref with brain, although not just now due to Tyranidos running in fear.
Old 01-29-2009, 04:42 PM   #10
Jerichi
本✚能

Round Three
Koi: Fighting against his newfound paralysis, Xatu has some trouble getting out of the gates, so to speak. Meanwhile, Okusan summons up an Ice Beam, firing the jagged subzero energy at the bird as he releases a Confuse Ray...

Quark: ...7.

Koi: ...but suddenly, Xatu becomes a totemsicle, becoming completely enveloped in a casing of ice.

Quark: OOH, FROZEN SOLID!

Koi: However, as this happens, Okusan is stricken by the ray, causing him to bumble backwards a bit, and be unable to laugh at the frozen flier.

Koi: Xatu, now trapped in a thick sheet of ice, tries his best to free himself with a Heat Wave. However, not able to move his wings or beak, he can only glow with fire energy, causing the ice to melt somewhat, but only weaken.

Pupurin: Though Xatu managed to use only a good bit of energy and is mostly free of paralysis, he's frozen and took a pretty hard hit.

Pupurin: Okusan is pretty confused and used a good bit of energy, but is looking pretty good overall.
Old 01-29-2009, 11:06 PM   #11
ZoraJolteon
BBCode Master

Rip away the ice Psychically, and see how Octillery likes to be on the receiving end of a Thunder Wave.

Old 01-30-2009, 08:12 AM   #12
Hanatori
Skippy.

How close to the water is Xatu?

Hanako: *watches as red question marks appear over Okusan's head* IT'S CONFUSED!
Old 01-30-2009, 05:14 PM   #13
Jerichi
本✚能

Just off the shore. In fact, the water is lapping up against the ice block.
Old 02-01-2009, 11:35 PM   #14
Hanatori
Skippy.

Jumpluff

All right Okusan, Focus your Energy and send Xatu a Surf wave from a few feet underwater!

Hanako: I'll refrain from saying it.

Hanatori: We'll let Jeri do it.
Old 02-02-2009, 08:41 PM   #15
Jerichi
本✚能

Round Four
Koi: Deciding that this ice just isn't that nice, Xatu doesn't stick around in it, trying his best to free himself from the frosty jail Psychically. While the bird struggles with his icy encasement, Okusan struggles with his own problem, confusion. However, he finds a solution quickly himself, Focusing his Energies in order to clear his head. Surely enough, he seems much more coherent once he does, allowing him to do a stylish backflip into the water as Xatu slowly pries open the cube in which he's sealed. Okusan takes the opportunity to swim underwater a bit, going off the shore a little to properly hide himself in the sea. From his new position, he summons up a Surf...

Quark: RIDE THAT SURF.

Koi: ...though he doesn't seem to be riding it.

Quark: Aw.

Koi: Being a few feet underwater, he isn't able to catch the wave as it crashes over the now-free Xatu, who looks awfully flustered as the wall of water crests upon him. As he washes further onto the beach, he manages to right himself. A bit annoyed, he looks around for his opponent, only to see him underneath a barrier of water, making a Thunderwave not even worth trying.

Pupurin: Energy use was pretty good but that's of little concern, quite honestly. Health is pretty good and he's scooting towards half slowly.

Pupurin: Oh, and in case you were wondering, the ink washed off two rounds ago.

Pupurin: Okusan used a good deal of energy, a good bit more than Xatu, but escaped damage once again.
Old 02-03-2009, 10:19 AM   #16
Hanatori
Skippy.

Jumpluff

Okusan, Aurora Beam, then head several feet deeper into the ocean and take a breather. You'll need it in case Zora unleashes one of those crazy GENIUS PLANS.
Old 02-04-2009, 10:00 PM   #17
ZoraJolteon
BBCode Master

Defend yourself with another Light Screen, then send a Twister through the water after it.

Old 02-05-2009, 09:45 PM   #18
Jerichi
本✚能

Round Five
Koi: A fair distance out into the water, Okusan keeps up the defensive in an interesting manner, firing off an Aurora Beam. The chilly light spreads across the field as it travels towards Xatu, but the bird simply erects a Light Screen, effectively blocking the shining beam. Okusan, not really wanting to get up close and personal, continues to back into the water. Xatu simply responds with some violent wing-flapping, whipping up quite the Twister. The cyclone spirals into the water, picking up Okusan and a lot of salty brine in the process, throwing the octopus around quite a bit before plopping him into the sea once more.

Pupurin: Energy use was somewhat high overall and he's panting a bit, but Xatu has a lot left to burn, even if he's slowly chugging towards half.

Pupurin: Okusan didn't use too much energy, but was flung around a good bit, but he's still got a significant lead on Xatu in terms of health.
Old 02-07-2009, 10:43 PM   #19
ZoraJolteon
BBCode Master

Move inland with a burst of Agility, gaining whatever altitude you can, and if the opportunity presents itself, strike with Air Cutter!

Old 02-08-2009, 01:01 AM   #20
Hanatori
Skippy.

How close are Xatu and Okusan?
Old 02-08-2009, 09:04 AM   #21
Jerichi
本✚能

Koi: Okusan is now fairly far out especially after that Twister, and Xatu has moved on shore a little more. They're about 5 yards away from each other now.
Old 02-09-2009, 07:43 PM   #22
Hanatori
Skippy.

Jumpluff

All right Okusan, more closer to the shore and send another Waterfall at Xatu to (hopefully) strike him and break that Light Screen.
Old 02-10-2009, 06:24 AM   #23
Jerichi
本✚能

Round Six - gotta keep that bonus!
Koi: With Okusan quite a ways out to sea, he decides it most effective to scoot inland a bit more, watching as Xatu pulls back (and up), trying to gain some height and distance with Agility. Okusan sees his chance to strike, swimming up another Waterfall. The torrent arcs in the air, traveling towards Xatu. While it doesn't exactly make a direct hit, it manages to clip the bottom portion of the screen, putting quite a chip in the pane and weakening it substantially.

Koi: Xatu, annoyed about his beautiful work being defiled, flaps up a storm. The Air around him swirls violently, and he sends a few Cutting air pockets towards Okusan. While some just stir up the seawater, it does knock him for a loop, doing some good damage in the process.

Pupurin: Energy use for Xatu was pretty good, and he's closer to half now, but still has some to burn before that point.

Pupurin: Okusan took decent damage, but still maintains a healthy lead. This round saw fairly low energy use and is starting to match Xatu on energy.
Old 02-11-2009, 09:58 AM   #24
Hanatori
Skippy.

Jumpluff

Okusan, let's take a risk, shall we? Move close to the shore and ride atop your own Surf wave to (hopefully) get near Xatu while striking him and destroying that Light Screen. Announce your arrival with a Supersonic after the wave crashes down.

That's most likely a 3-mover and I don't care.

Hanatori: In other words, she wants you to literally RIDE THAT SURF.

Hanako: Dear God, she's pulling a Leeroy Jenkins.
Old 02-11-2009, 05:22 PM   #25
Jerichi
本✚能

Actually, it's not, since half of Surf is, well, surfing the wave produced.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL > Generic Tourney Forum