Quote:
2 vs. 2
Return = KO
Slapstick
Equilevel
60 Hour DQ (with 96 hr extension)
Hidden Squad

The Cerulean City Gym:
The Cerulean City Gym is considered to be the same as a Standard Pool (Indoor) arena. The Optional Special Rules Diving Platform and Onlookers (Specifically, the Sensational Sisters Lilly, Daisy & Violet (And perhaps even the "runt" Misty) are used, and the only other Optional Special Rules allowed are Heated Pool, Pontoons (Rubber or Ice) and Weather (Frigid & Heat Wave only). If the Battle is not entirely between Water types, the Pontoons (Rubber) rule must be used.
Send me your squads - already have Jono's, but just a formality, really. Once I post confirmation that I've received both squads, Muyo will post his choice first and Jono will follow suit, adding commands, but I'm sure I'm preaching to the choir right now so I'll just stop.

Oh yeah, since I'm almost 1000% sure you guys aren't going to use entirely aquatic squads, these pontoons are going to be rubber. Now I'm done.

Last edited by Deebs; 01-23-2009 at 07:50 PM. Reason: Order was wrong. Corrected.
Deebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 09:55 PM   #2
Muyotwo
Dominator of Bike Levels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream Breaker View Post
Send me your squads - already have Jono's, but just a formality, really. Once I post confirmation that I've received both squads, Muyo will post his choice first and Jono will follow suit, adding commands, but I'm sure I'm preaching to the choir right now so I'll just stop.

Oh yeah, since I'm almost 1000% sure you guys aren't going to use entirely aquatic squads, these pontoons are going to be rubber. Now I'm done.
The match is supposed to be PM'd first Pokémon for both battlers. I'll address this in the other matches as well.
Muyotwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 10:02 PM   #3
Mozz
Golden Wang of Justice

No ;_;
Mozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 10:20 PM   #4
Muyotwo
Dominator of Bike Levels

Except really yes.
Old 01-24-2009, 11:44 PM   #5
Muyotwo
Dominator of Bike Levels

Confirming PM sent, with Squad/first mon and attacks.

Good luck Jono
Old 01-25-2009, 01:35 PM   #6
Deebs
You sayin' I like dudes?

Send a message via Skype™ to Deebs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jono
Shinkou: Genderless Metang (LVL 3)
No sig move

Shinkou, let's go!

Psychic to shoot him/her into the water, then ThunderPunch the water. If you miss with Psychic, ThunderPunch him/her instead.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muyo
And leading with...
José: Male Ludicolo- lv. 4
No Signature Move

"José, my amigo, vamanos. Show off the skills of the supreme sombrero, and strike with Surf to blast our foe into the water. As it struggles in the surf, prepare for the future with a Swords Dance. No one can dance like José!
Equilevel four in effect.

Round 1

Resident steel enthusiast Jono stays true to form and elects his Metang, Shinkou, while the ASB's big brother Muyo sends his Ludicolo José to do battle. José dances in excitement on his rubber pontoon, enjoying the slight bounce. It's a clear contrast to Shinkou's metallic stare coming from the opposite side of the gym, hovering over his very own pontoon and determined to put up a good fight. Orders were already given to both pokemon so after a few moments of silence, the ref flag waves, cheers erupt from both sides of the Cerulean Gym and the action starts.

Shinkou shoots a telekinetic wave of Psychic energy at José, propelling himself a few feet backward in the process. The wave flies across the watery expanse between the pontoons before it knocks José over onto his back and nearly off his rubbery dance pad. It's nothing he can't recover from, though; with a quick athletic leap, José's back on his feet. A few rapid arm movements later and his pontoon shakes a little. Not even a second later and a cascade of water erupts from underneath José position, gathering strength and tripling in height before breaking over Shinkou. The large Surf displaces much of the water in the pool and splashs about half of the crowd. José struggles to maintain his balance on his own pontoon as the water returns to equilibrium, but Shinkou has no problem zipping over and slamming his crackling fist into José's side. José quacks in response before he's sent into the pool. He doesn't mind it; he adapts to his environment and celebrates by spinning around - no wait, that's just his Swords Dance.

Shinkou and Jose are both fresh, though both took good hits. Breathing's fine and spirits are still very high.
Old 01-25-2009, 03:49 PM   #7
Muyotwo
Dominator of Bike Levels

As I predicted. Let's carry on then. José mi amigo, Water Pulse orb form to start us off to knock Metang for a loop, then deliver a Brick Break to soften that carapace with your buffed up bod. We'll keep this short and sweet.
Old 01-27-2009, 03:48 PM   #8
Jonouchi
Boulder Badge

Probopass

Let's try something else.

Psychic to send that orb back at him, then once he comes in for a Brick Break, hit him in the face with Sludge Bomb

Quote:
I think it would do the world good if every political situation, from an international hostage to the breakout of a war, could be solved by a one-on-one Wii Boxing with the nation's leaders. ~DonutTrooper from Gamespot.
Jonouchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 12:21 PM   #9
Deebs
You sayin' I like dudes?

Round 2

José launches a bright blue, slightly luminescent orb of water at Shinkou, poking his head above the surface to shoot it, but it knows better than to risk confusion and blasts the Water Pulse to pieces with a Psychic wave. Unfortunately, it doesn't exactly bounce back like it's trainer wished and instead breaks, splashing both with a bit of water. The failed tactic doesn't dampen José's spirits one bit, though. He leaps out of the water, hands waving and feet kicking, and lands a solid hit on the Metang's metallic exterior with his open hand. Shinkou is propelled a bit by the hit, probably a little shocked from the impact, but recovers and shoots a Sludge Bomb right in José's face.

Good hits to both sides, Shinkou feeling a bit more hit but José has to deal with the poison sitting on his face. His eyes will sting and probably will have trouble seeing, not to mention slight nausea and discomfort. Energy use was solid for both, Shinkou having used a tad more, but it's not a problem at this point. Shinkou and José are on the same pontoon, Shinkou hovering somewhere near the center and José near the edge directly in front of Shinkou.
Old 01-30-2009, 07:49 PM   #10
Jonouchi
Boulder Badge

Probopass

Confusion into Iron Head

Quote:
I think it would do the world good if every political situation, from an international hostage to the breakout of a war, could be solved by a one-on-one Wii Boxing with the nation's leaders. ~DonutTrooper from Gamespot.
Old 01-31-2009, 03:16 AM   #11
Muyotwo
Dominator of Bike Levels

Let Shinkou do what it likes, hits like those are easy to shrug off. With all the water around, a Waterfall will clear your mind as well as blast the meddlesome Metang with a sea spray. With him being sufficiently soaked, drive a Swords-dance assisted Thunderpunch straight into that iron hide. We'll wrap it up in time for your regular siesta.
Old 02-01-2009, 03:16 PM   #12
Deebs
You sayin' I like dudes?

Round 3

José sits there and allows Metang to drive a Confusion into his mind, temporarily distracting him from the poison sitting on his face. Confusing images aside, José manages to escape becoming befuddled, though he does get a bit of a skull shaker when Shinkou drives his Iron Head into his gut, tossing him into the water, but that's where he wanted to be. The poison washing off of his face, José delights in the pool before circling a position, creating a tower of water to rise. It towers, and then the pull of gravity becomes to much before toppling, right over Shinkou, pushing him onto the pontoon and then washing him into the depths of the pool. He pushing himself out of it, but José's there to deliver a Thunderpunch, shocking the drench Metang to a greater degree than before.

It's starting to turn. José's taken a significant lead in health (perhaps a little offset due to Shinkou's early round barrage, but just overtaken later in the round), though at the price of more costly energy losses than Shinkou. Breathing is still okay on both sides, energy's still flowing well, but as the rounds dwindle, Shinkou could fall with a few more strong hits.
Old 02-02-2009, 01:46 AM   #13
Muyotwo
Dominator of Bike Levels

Bueno, José. Vamanos! Leech Seed to get back some of that energy, then blast what passes for his face with an Drain Punch. Short and sweet is the Mexican treat.

Last edited by Muyotwo; 02-02-2009 at 07:01 AM.
Old 02-03-2009, 07:24 PM   #14
Jonouchi
Boulder Badge

Probopass

Icy Wind to hopefully freeze both the seed and the mexican Pokemon and then Aerial Ace

Quote:
Old 02-05-2009, 08:05 PM   #15
Deebs
You sayin' I like dudes?

Sorry for being so slow, you guys.

Round 4

Shinkou completely reemerges from the water only to have José launch a seed at him. He was expecting this, though, and true to his orders he shoots an Icy Wind from his metal appendage. The Leech Seed, being relatively light, is blown away and harmlessly drops to the bottom of the pool. José himself gets chilled a bit, made a tad uncomfortable from his Grass-typing, and finds himself a little slower. Shinkou takes advantage of this and circles José with his Aerial Ace, and though the Ludicolo wishes he was able to punch the Metang as he rotates the pool before moving in, he settles for afterwards, as Metang crashes into his side, José is prepared and sticks his fist onto Shinkou's underbelly, draining a moderate portion of the hit and feeling slightly better physically.

José only widened his lead, adding to his health and diminishing Shinkou's with that Drain Punch. Shinkou's exterior looks quite battered and is not nearly as polished or shiny as it was when the battle started. When you look at energy, which really isn't going to be a problem as surely one of the two will have collapsed by then, José's breathing harder than Metang would if he could show any sign of respirational stress.
Old 02-07-2009, 11:42 AM   #16
Jonouchi
Boulder Badge

Probopass

Signal Beam. If you both have enough energy, and see him coming in your direction physically, send a Dynamic Punch to the gut.

Quote:
Old 02-07-2009, 12:09 PM   #17
Muyotwo
Dominator of Bike Levels

José, we don't have to get near it to end it. Take the Signal Beam, Hydro Pump and finish it off with a Bubblebeam when you have a good shot, if it remains conscious. This one is for the Señoritas.
Old 02-08-2009, 10:39 PM   #18
Deebs
You sayin' I like dudes?

Round 5

A blisteringly bright array of lights are shot at José, but he takes the Signal Beam like a man, kinda. He cringes as the beam fades away; the Bug typing it carried seems to have brushed his Grass affinity rather roughly. Nevertheless, he literally grins and bears it, only to grin and soon after shoot a torrent of water from his beak. Shinkou's blasted backward by the Hydro Pump and throws his arms up, unable to control his trajectory. He crashes into a wall and hovers weakly, though he manages to stay concious. José just can't take this and lets a froth of bubbles from his mouth this time, and the Bubblebeam does what he wants, and that is knocked Shinkou out.

The Ludicolo's peppiness is running thin; his dancing seems to have dropped tempo from the rounds before. I'd say he's going to need a rest in the near future, but for now he can operate, though if his trainer wants him to last, he'll need to be conservative in his efforts. Physically, he's still aight, nothing obviously troubling him but certainly not in tip-top form.

Jono, I believe you post your next pokemon with attacks. If I'm wrong, somebody please correct me. And by somebody, I mean Muyo.
Old 02-08-2009, 11:52 PM   #19
Muyotwo
Dominator of Bike Levels

You are correct, carry on my wayward son. There'll be peace when you are done.
Old 02-10-2009, 04:38 PM   #20
Jonouchi
Boulder Badge

Probopass Tsume=Zangoose

Tsume, let's kick some butt!

X-Scissor. If he falls asleep, wake him with a Crush Claw

Quote:
Old 02-10-2009, 11:10 PM   #21
Muyotwo
Dominator of Bike Levels

Hop into the water and relax out of reach.
Old 02-12-2009, 09:21 PM   #22
Deebs
You sayin' I like dudes?

Round 6

Tsume the Zangoose is released onto a pontoon, rather unsure of how he's going to fight to his fullest potential agaisnt an aquatic opponent but ready to fight regardless. However, he can't do anything; the Ludicolo jumps off the pontoon before anything can be accomplished and swims off, leaving Tsume all by himself.

Negligible energy use by our Mexican friend, though he's enjoying this break. Tsume's still perfect, fresh from his ball but confused at how this is all going to work out.
Old 02-15-2009, 09:51 PM   #23
Muyotwo
Dominator of Bike Levels

Stay about six feet from the edge of the platform and Giga Drain.
Old 02-18-2009, 04:20 PM   #24
Jonouchi
Boulder Badge

Probopass

Ya can't stay under there forever, you know.

Tsume, T-Bolt the water. If he comes up for any reason, either above or out of the water, use Icy Wind. Otherwise, hold off after the T-Bolt.

Quote:
Old 02-21-2009, 12:01 PM   #25
Deebs
You sayin' I like dudes?

[Round 7

Tsume glances concernedly at his trainer, as the Ludicolo merely stays put roughly six feet from the edge of his platform. Staying true to his orders, Tsume summons up a portion of his Electric energy reserves and fires it into the water in the form of a Thunderbolt. Though the overall energy is great, the massive amount of water disperses the energy and Ludicolo, only being part water to begin with, takes a mediocre amount of damage from the Thunderbolt, nothing he can withstand even with his current position. José does float up over the water, his lily pad sitting naturally right above it, and he makes a very thin, weak connection to Tsume there. The energy is quickly transfered, though it is little. Tsume can feel the a slight drain on him, and turns to see the lily. He opens his mouth and a bitter gust of cold wind flies from it, washing over the plant and José shivers a tad. The Giga Drain stops, though.

José gained a small amount of energy, he'll have to get closer to Tsume if he wants a bigger boost. These rests, though, are going to help him proportion his energy more effectively in rounds to come. Health took several small chunks of damage, and though he's not in real danger, more chips like these will push him closer to fainting. Tsume, meanwhile, is still okay. No real damage to health, large energy usage, though plenty to deliver.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL > Generic Tourney Forum