UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL > Gym Battles

Old 01-15-2009, 08:36 PM   #1
Razor Raven
Lonely Demon Slayer

UPN PASBL - Gym Leader Match: Insidious_Dreamer vs Holy Emperor

Darkside the Umbreon: "Welcome everyone, to the PASBL arena! Unusual match here, as long since disappeared Referee Razor Raven has agreed to return to ref a match. What a match it is, a Gym Battle of all things! Featuring the brand new, recently approved Ice Gym Leader, Holy Emperor! His opponent is that insidious dreamer, known as Insidious_Dreamer!"

This will be a 3-on-3 confrontation, with Equilevel at Level 4, and Equievo, there will be a 96 hour DQ time, so be sure to post! As with all Gym Matches, the Gym Leader will not be allowed to switch. However, the challenger will be! One last thing, this match is fought under Realistic rules, so Trainers beware!

Another thing to beware of is the arena, as follows:

Arena: Siberia, Russia (Outdoor)
This arena is cold. Extremely cold. Often called the Cold North Pole, for a very good reason. Pokemon battles here take place on a snow filled wonderland. The arena is flat, and snow can be seen in every direction. The only exception to this is a custom lake in the middle. The Kuno family estate paid top dollar to artificially build it, and imported salt water just for it. Because of this, it is only partially frozen. The lake is fairly large with a diameter of 10 yards. The frozen parts of the lake consist of one large ice block, capable of sustaining most Pokemon upto 150 lbs, and many other smaller ice blocks. It is not recommended staying on the smaller ice blocks as their stability is questionable. The rest of the arena is just snow, with the actual ground being many yards under the snow. The snow is solid enough to support 150 lbs of weight, while heavier, non Ice types might have difficulty moving. The weather is usually light snowfall, however blizzards can appear. How often blizzards appear and how long they stay for will be upto the ref, although there should be at least 1 blizzard in a 3v3 match. Pokemon that battle here that are not used to staying in cold weather will be uncomfortable battling for long periods of time. Frostbite and freezing is a serious concern, and might occur if Pokemon uncomfortable battle for more then 10 rounds pass, less in blizzard.

Alright, you should both know the rules, but for the benefit of any outsiders, here's how it works: Holy Emperor posts his Squad of 6 first, then ID will post his squad and send out a Pokemon. Then the Emperor sends out a Pokemon and orders attacks, followed by ID attacking.

After that, I ref and order reverses, with ID attacking first.

Ready? Get your fight on!
Razor Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 08:38 PM   #2
Lady Kuno
Sad times are just times that are sad

Thanks for reffing. Good luck I_D.

Serendipity: Female Lapras
Special Training: Snow Surfing (Ice)
Lapras has spent a lot of time on the snow. Because of this she is capable of swimming on top of it as if though it were water. In addition to this, attacks that require water to be present can be used with snow instead, although they will take a little bit more energy to execute.

President Obama: Male Abomasnow
Special Attack: Red Tape (Grass)
This attack will not work if the arena ground is particularly hard, but will work on softer surfaces. President Obama drops some red vines from his feet underground discreetly. Keeping them underground, he aims them for his opponent and surfaces them under it, wrapping them around his opponents feet or other limb on the surface. Obama must have both feet on the ground at all times, and is unable to move very much if at all during the attack (ability to move depends on arena softness). Obama uses his strength to keep his opponent from moving away from that spot, or even pulling them underground if the arena is soft enough. The vines stay on for two turns, and can be attacked in a manner such as Leech Seed although they are slightly stronger. This attack can only be used once per opponent, and two times per match total. Energy usage is equal to two Vine Whips to keep the enemy in place, and an additional Strength energy usage to pull underground.

Strongbad: Male Glalie
I paid alot of money to have surgery to make him look like a floating strongbad head, and so he is red and looks like that.
Signature Move: Your head 'asplode (Ice)
Strongbad shoots out a red and black colored ice sheet which shatters on contact with anything remotely solid into super sharp slivers. Damage dealt is fairly high if the opponent has a softer body, meaning more puncture wounds. A tougher Pokemon would take much less damage. Energy usage is equal to Blizzard, and is usable 5 times per match. Muyo made this awesome 'mon and sig.

Killer: Female Weavile
Killer is one of my evilest Pokemon. She loves to slices up enemies and has no qualms about killing during a battle.
Special Training: Go for the jugular! (Normal)
Torturing Pokemon is a hobby of hers, and so she has studied up on the anatomy of all Pokemon. Because of this, all her physical attacks have a boosted chance of striking critical spots. For example, a slash might be aimed so she will try to cut a certain vein which would cause a bit more damage and bleeding then normal. This critical boost will not affect much in regards to internal organs, just mostly causing nerve damage and as much bleeding as possible.

Snowflake: Female Dewgong
No signature move.

Icy: Female Froslass
No signature move.
~ haiku, Morg 2017
JUST NUKE THE FUCKING SUN

Spoiler: show
Lady Kuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 11:29 PM   #3
Insidious_Dreamer
Marsh Badge

Send a message via AIM to Insidious_Dreamer Send a message via MSN to Insidious_Dreamer
Just so you know, Ur Squad Summaries page needs updating. Also, I was able to get ur stats off Muyo, if ur interested. The most important one you may want to know about is that you have to date 78 SP with which you could level up all ur new pogeys. Coz new rules state that in order to level them up from a battle, they must actually be the level they are in the battle and can't level up from a equilevel match.

Anyways, my squad for this match of awesomeness is as follows:

Revier: Level 5 Male Slowking
Sig under construction

Flarek: Level 4 Male Infernape
Sig under construction

Grapper: Level 4 Male Ambipom
Probably a cousin of Ash’s Aipom, Grapper has always been fascinated by the Pokémon Contests, so much so that he practices in his spare time. It matters not how many times I tell him that he may never enter a Contest, he practices anyway – it must be his feminine side…
Special Training: Contest Grace (None)
Every attack that Grapper makes is beautiful. Grapper always lands on his tail-arm. When he is not moving, he sways from side to side by the movement of his tail. His strength in his tail-arm is 1.5x stronger than other Aipom and this makes all attacks which use his tail-arm 1.5x more powerful than normal. Each attack of this type takes 1.5x energy of the normal version.

Buzz: Level 4 Male Electabuzz
Buzz is always making sparks. Ever since I first met him, he just can’t stop himself from doing it. So, we decided to practice with the spark with the spark generation. After some serious long and hard training, he was able to generate quite a substantial field around himself…
Special Defense: Pulse Gun (Electric)
Buzz jumps and releases a cage of electricity in the place where he just was. The cage lasts for 5 seconds. If the opponent touches it, there is 50% chance of paralysis. This attack uses 1.5x the energy of a Thunder Wave.

Trance: Level 4 Female Dusclops
Trance is practical joker. She just loves it when things don’t do what they were expected to do. Due to her joker nature, she even jokes during battle. One day, she was playing with her attacks, and found that she could conjure up her Will-o-Wisp, but place in it, the freezing power of her Ice Beam. We worked on this ability and found that she could actually imbue the Will-o-Wisp flames with many different things…
Special Attack: Ghost Dance (Ghost)
Trance has a slightly enhanced version of Will-O-Wisp. She conjures five flames which she sends at the opponent. These flames can be one of six different colours which correspond to a status change – Red: burn, blue: freeze (partial on area that the flame hits), yellow: paralysis, purple: poison, white: sleep, pink: infatuation. The flames are always all the same colour. The colour is almost completely random – once red has been used, it can’t be used again until yellow, purple, blue, pink and white have been used. The order of the colours of the flames is never the same twice. When the flames hit they have a 30% chance of inflicting the status change that the colour defines. The attack has a 20% chance of missing. It uses 2x the energy of Will-O-Wisp.

Leafy: Level 4 Female Leafeon
Leafy, apart from having her evolution planned out for her already, was a shy one when I first met her. She never wanted to get into fights. However, she always wanted to make sure she could settle the score in an instant. When we began to work together I brought out her fighting spirit and worked on developing a new move for her as well…
Special Attack: White Light (Normal)
Leafy charges for a bit then releases a beam of energy which is totally white. It hits the opponent and covers them in a white light so bright that they are blinded. White Light deals the same damage as Ice Beam, but uses 1.5x amount of energy. When it hits, the opponent is affected by a Flash effect which is twice as strong as a normal Flash. This move can only be used 2 times per match.

I think it's time - Trance, lets play!

Looks like I might be here to stay...

PASBL Trainer Level: 4 | 26-12-8 | 77 KO's | 199 TP | 0 SP
PASBL Referee (C+)
| Squad | League Table |

[.:Badges:.]
Reffing Badge
Onslaught Badge
Insidious_Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 11:17 AM   #4
Lady Kuno

Go Snowflake *Tosses Pokeball into the lake*

Blizzard and Ice Beam please. Lets freeze it solid.

Kuno ninja edit: Please see my badge effect in regards to freezing (+10% chance for ice types)
~ haiku, Morg 2017

Old 01-16-2009, 09:01 PM   #5
Insidious_Dreamer
Marsh Badge

Send a message via AIM to Insidious_Dreamer Send a message via MSN to Insidious_Dreamer
Trance Disable that horrible Blizzard then take the Ice Beam, follow up with DynamicPunch

PASBL Referee (C+)
| Squad | League Table |

Reffing Badge
Onslaught Badge
Old 01-17-2009, 04:57 PM   #6
Razor Raven
Lonely Demon Slayer

You know what I completely forgot when I “accepted” this match? That I may not be able to ref on the weekends, as I usually don’t have access till later in the day. Just to warn you ahead of time in case there are delays.

Here we are in beautiful, and freaking cold, Siberia, with a sure to be epic battle between Gym Leader Holy Emperor, and the challenger, Insidious_Dreamer! Two wrists flick, two Pokeballs fly, one of them landing in the water, and the Pokemon are out! The Gym Leader has selected his Dewgong, Snowflake, who sends her Pokeball back to her trainer’s hand with a flick of her tail, while the challenger has chosen a Dusclops, who appears on top of the largest block of ice in the lake.

With a “gong!” Snowflake rears up and inhales, looks like she’s going for a Blizzard! She suddenly stops and looks quite….frozen…at the moment, Disabled, in fact! One does not need look far for the reason, judging from Trance’s look of intense concentration. Several seconds of a frozen stare down later, both are moving again, and this time Trance is the first to move. Her fist glowing as she glides forward….though not very quickly, Dusclops not exactly being speedy. Snowflake bobs back and forth playfully before launching a well-aimed Ice Beam at her oncoming assailant. Well-aimed indeed, as the Ice Beam hits Trance directly in the face! Displeased at the sudden loss in vision, but not deterred, Trance forces herself to keep moving, but the ice on her face suddenly spreads over her whole body!

Snowflake laughs in her Dewgong-ish manner as the Dus-icle splashes into the water and bobs around, still with her fist raised

A bad start for the Ghost-without-the-most, Trance has already lost a portion of health, though is still in excellent shape, and frozen over! Energy usage was negligible.

Snowflake on the other hand is quite pleased, no damage taken and a now helpless opponent to play with! Energy usage was also negligible.
Old 01-18-2009, 02:25 AM   #7
Insidious_Dreamer
Marsh Badge

(Lord, what are the odds?) Okay, use a Will-O-Wisp to cover ur body with heat energy to melt that ice, then complete that ever-so-desired Dynamic Punch

PASBL Referee (C+)
| Squad | League Table |

Reffing Badge
Onslaught Badge
Old 01-18-2009, 09:06 AM   #8
Lady Kuno

I'll be nice. Let him defrost, and when he's out give him a Icy Wind to slow him down, and a Sheer Cold on his fist as he goes to attack.
~ haiku, Morg 2017

Old 01-20-2009, 11:28 AM   #9
Razor Raven
Lonely Demon Slayer

Snowflake continues to splash around playfully as she awaits a mobile opponent. After a few seconds, the ice surrounding the frozen ghost begins to glow, and finally, the melt! Finally, Trance emerges, a little stiff, from the ice, Will-o-Wisp having completed it’s task. Seeing this, Snowflake hops forward, breathing out a blast of Icy Wind, chilling the ghost further and slowing her down. Shuddering miserably, Trance floats forward as fast as she can go….which isn’t very fast….raising her fist, and unleashing a Dynamic Punch! Snowflake catches her breath and breathes out again, a blast that looks Sheer Cold!

Trance’s fist slows down, but it’s not enough, she gets a ghost fist straight in the kisser! Trance drifts backwards on the resulting explosion as Snowflake flops over onto her back. Snowflake begins swimming backwards, humming to herself, and looking confused!

Trance is looking relieved that she managed to make up for that disastrous first round, and appears mildly worse off on health. Snowflake, in addition to being confused, now appears to have caught up to Trance on health, as taking a super-effective attack straight to the face is not good for your health, even if the impact was slowed. Neither Pokemon looks to have used any significant amounts of energy thus far.
Old 01-20-2009, 11:57 AM   #10
Lady Kuno

Blizzard and Ice Beam.
~ haiku, Morg 2017

Old 01-20-2009, 05:53 PM   #11
Insidious_Dreamer
Marsh Badge

Ice attacks from an Ice GL - who would've thunk it...

Hmm, Trance, while its confused, FC Shadow Ball, while it's charging, you can move a way a little to prevent some of that super cold stuff from getting you if it does. Finish the round with Trick Room

PASBL Referee (C+)
| Squad | League Table |

Reffing Badge
Onslaught Badge
Old 01-21-2009, 09:47 PM   #12
Razor Raven
Lonely Demon Slayer

Reffing delayed, I'm afraid, since I'm working tomorrow and Friday, and have no clue how tired/not tired I will be. Further complicating things is the unexpected lack of internet for a portion of the day.

My apologies ^^;
Old 01-26-2009, 01:07 PM   #13
Razor Raven
Lonely Demon Slayer

I apologise my good battlers, both for the huge delay, and for the total suckage of this reffing ^^;;

The trainers shout there orders, but Snowflake looks too confused to do anything right now, and splashes around happily while Trance drifts a ways back. Once she’s at a safe distance, Trance holds her hands out and begins gathering dark looking energy in front of her, and after a few seconds it becomes clear this is a Shadowball in the making!

Snowflake, still too confused to do anything, continues to splash around playfully, completely unaware of the huge black ball of doom forming about fifteen feet away. Ten seconds total pass, Trance spins, and hurls the Shadowball straight at the hapless Dewgong! The attack hits straight on, and the resulting explosion pushes the ice around and causes heavy waves as poor Snowflake is pushed under the water!

As the water calms, and Trance does a ghostly jig at her success, Snowflake pops up, looking as mad as a Hippowdon with a hernia! Unfortunately, Snowflake can’t remember any of her orders from this turn, so she just spits angrily into the water as Trance holds up her arms again.

As Snowflake moves to recover her balance, she discovers that she’s moving more slowly then before, and glancing up, she becomes nervous upon the sight of Trance moving faster then she was before! Trick Room is now in effect, and this could change the course of the battle!

Snowflake is upset and the beating she took, and is in very bad shape. A few more rounds like that could be the end of her. Trance meanwhile, is moving a bit more sluggishly then you would think, with Trick Room in effect. She’s obviously very tired, as even at high levels, this was an extremely energy consuming round for her. She’s nowhere near exhausted, but she will be slowing down just a tad.
Old 01-26-2009, 09:57 PM   #14
Insidious_Dreamer
Marsh Badge

Alright Trance lets use this to our advantage! Thunderpunch then Brick Break

PASBL Referee (C+)
| Squad | League Table |

Reffing Badge
Onslaught Badge
Old 01-26-2009, 10:06 PM   #15
Lady Kuno

You got the energy advantage so quicky Encore his trick room from last round to undo it. Then after he wastes his energy doing that again give him a Blizzard.
~ haiku, Morg 2017

Old 01-29-2009, 06:53 PM   #16
Razor Raven
Lonely Demon Slayer

Oh boy, trying to figure out how this round was going to work was fun. >>

Trance takes a moment to regain her senses after the massive energy lost last round, as she straightens up and raises her fist, she is startled to hear the sound of clapping! Focusing her eyes on Snowflake, she is surprised to see Snowflake slapping her fins together, eagerly saying: “Gong! Gong!” Snowflake then jumps out of the water and back flips back in. She comes up and continues to clap, encouraging the Ghost-with-the most to give her an Encore!

Trance hesitates to use such an exhausting move a second time, but Snowflake seems so eager that she consents. Snowflake watches gleefully as Trance focuses her energy around the arena again…only to give up, finding such a move too exhausting, in addition to being utterly pointless. As Trance shakes her head to clear the cobwebs, she is blasted back by a freezing Blizzard! As the blast of cold air dies down, she suddenly stiffens, and begins to freeze over entirely!

Snowflake grins triumphantly….only for her jaw to drop in shock as the ice suddenly shatters, leaving only a very irritated ghost hovering before her. The ‘gong pouts, disappointed, but Trance wastes no more time, lunging forward, she readies her Brick Break and strikes Snowflake on the side of the head, sending her flopping onto her side, stunned.

As Snowflake regains her senses, she tries to back away, nervously eyeing the angry spirit. Snowflake looks terrible, although still relatively fresh on energy, health-wise, she may not last another round.

Trance on the other hand is still pretty healthy, but nearing exhaustion, reckless move usage and she’ll likely pass out. She’ll also be rather slow in the upcoming rounds, do to being very tired.
Old 01-29-2009, 08:20 PM   #17
Lady Kuno

>Trance on the other hand is still pretty healthy

Even after all that? I did do quite a bit. x.x;

Let's play with it some more. Get a bit underwater and give it a fully charged Hyperbeam and then trap it in a Whirlpool.
~ haiku, Morg 2017

Old 01-29-2009, 09:41 PM   #18
Razor Raven
Lonely Demon Slayer

Uh, shit, in my incompetence, I neglected to adust Trance's health after the Blizzard. In my defense, mostly due to the rest of the round being a bit of a bitch ^_^;

Quick adjustment: Trance has taken a pretty fair beating, and is beginning to show it, but still looks good compared to Snowflake.

My apologies ^^;
Old 01-29-2009, 10:36 PM   #19
Lady Kuno

It's np. :3
~ haiku, Morg 2017

Old 01-30-2009, 01:05 AM   #20
Insidious_Dreamer
Marsh Badge

Alright Trance, its now or never, I suppose... Thunderpunch the water below just after the Dewgong has "got a bit underwwater" and then if that doesn't knock it out, Shadow Sneak

PASBL Referee (C+)
| Squad | League Table |

Reffing Badge
Onslaught Badge
Old 02-02-2009, 12:22 PM   #21
Razor Raven
Lonely Demon Slayer

As more orders are shouted, Snowflake quickly ducks underwater, faces the ghost, and starts charging a Hyper Beam, while Trance hovers there, looking dizzy from her exertions. Trance’s head clears and, leaning forward, drives a fist charged with electric energy into the water, Thunderpunch to the max!

As the pool sizzles with electricity, the water agitates, and the startled Dusclops is engulfed in bright, orange energy, it appears that Snowflake’s Hyper Beam went off prematurely thanks to her broken concentration! Trance hovers back, looking just a little bit stunned.

Snowflake, now looking like the scratch of a kitten would knock her out, begins swimming around rapidly, creating a Whirlpool….underneath the hovering Trance. As Trance recovers, she notes the Whirlpool under her and summons her energy and glows dark, very ominous. Trance’s Shadow then Sneaks out, dives underwater, and veers straight toward Snowflake!

The sound of a collision is heard from under the water, the Whirlpool stops, and Snowflake floats to the surface, her eyes replaced by X’s

Snowflake the Dewgong is unable to battle! Holy Emperor, please send out your next Pokemon!

Trance is hurt badly, a few more rounds like that could put her down, and more importantly, she is bordering on exhaustion. A couple more rounds could be all she can take, if even that.
Old 02-02-2009, 12:33 PM   #22
Lady Kuno

Great job Snowflake.

*tosses Pokeball in the middle of the lake again*

Icy: Female Froslass
No signature move.

Since he's still underwater, give it a Thunderbolt, then Ominous Wind.
~ haiku, Morg 2017

Old 02-03-2009, 08:30 AM   #23
Insidious_Dreamer
Marsh Badge

As far as I know, Trance, it was only ur shadow that went underwater. Also, with that Trick Room still in effect, and Froslass's awesome;y fast movement, we should be going first. So!

Start with Shadow Punch. In the event that Froslass actually goes for you and not water, just take the 'bolt. Meet the second with a Dark Pulse!

PASBL Referee (C+)
| Squad | League Table |

Reffing Badge
Onslaught Badge
Old 02-07-2009, 12:26 PM   #24
Razor Raven
Lonely Demon Slayer

Ugh, I didn’t realize it had been quite this long since you guys posted, my apologies x_o;

The Gym Leader recalls his Dewgong, and in her place, sends out a Froslass named Icy, who glances at the water, and then up at Trance, who is still hovering over the water where she has been for a few rounds now.

The nearly exhausted Trance shakes her head, trying to clear the cobwebs as she attempts to gather the needed energy. Icy, on the other hand, is full of energy and, deciding she wants to watch the Dusclops do a ghostly jig, immediately zaps Trance with a flashy Thunderbolt! As the energy dies down, Trance twitches, but strangely doesn’t move.

Seizing her chance, Icy follows up by summoning an Ominous looking purple Wind, sending slight ripples through the water and causing Trance to shudder uncomfortably. Finally, Trance starts moving, but it soon becomes apparent that she is Paralyzed! Between that and her exhaustion, Icy has no problem gliding out of the way, smirking in that ghostly fashion of hers.

Panting, Trance turns toward Icy, vibrates with anger, and blasts her point-blank with a Dark Pulse! The blast knocks Icy back, but she manages to stop herself, about seven feet from Trance, flinching.

Icy has already taken a good hit, and is showing the early signs of abuse, despite that she’s still in this by a good deal. Energy-wise she looks fine for the moment. Trance on the other hand, looks to be one hit away from defeat, and extremely unlikely to have the energy to pull off another move.
Old 02-08-2009, 10:29 AM   #25
Insidious_Dreamer
Marsh Badge

Trance U've done enough for now. Flarek, battle stations! Flamethrower please.

PASBL Referee (C+)
| Squad | League Table |

Reffing Badge
Onslaught Badge

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL > Gym Battles