UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL > Gym Battles

Old 12-28-2013, 07:11 PM   #51
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

Send a message via Skype™ to Concept
Trainer Name: Concept
Gym Desired: Eighteen Gym (Mozz's old haunt)
Pokemon of that type: My entire squad, obviously. Have at least two of every type except Steel, which I'll fix. Also have seven spare squad slots too so I'd use some of those for balancing stuff. For the incoming Fairy I have Gardevoir and will grab Azumarill.
Trainer Level: 5
Record: 51-13-5
Stats: 135 KOs, 275 TP

I was briefly the GT when this gym was last open, successfully defending both matches. I also won an entire league wide tournament where every battle was a 1 on 1 same type match-up. In case you missed that.

Match Record (Type(s) if same type match-up)

vs DavetheFishGuy (win) (5-4) (Water)
vs Dream Breaker (win) (4-3) (Water)
vs Handymankg2 (win) (3-1)
vs Lonely Cubone (win) (4-3)
vs Salamencia (GT Defence) (win) (2-0) (Rock, Normal)
vs Tbh1313 (GT Defence) (win) (2-0) (Ghost, Water)
vs SM (win) (Pokebowl '11) (1-0) (Psychic)
vs Dream Breaker (win) (4-3) (Water)
vs Jerichi (Mock Gym Challenge) (win) (4-1)
vs Kusari (Pokebowl '11) (win) (1-0) (Bug, Electric)
vs Char (Pokebowl '11) (win) (1-0) (Normal)
vs Quintowill (Pokebowl '11) (win) (1-0) (Grass)
vs Kuno (Pokebowl '11) (win) (1-0) (Bug, Fire)

vs Lonely Cubone (draw) (3-3)

vs I am Sciz (loss) (2-3)
vs Jerichi (gym match) (loss) (2-3) (Normal)
vs Grjackass (UPN) (loss) (2-3)
vs SM (Kush Tournament) (loss) (0-1)

Dave: Needs more wins against trainers of your activity level. Add more Pokémon of this type. Stop trying to take over the world. Rejected.

Last edited by DaveTheFishGuy; 05-06-2014 at 05:16 PM.
Concept is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 08:39 PM   #52
Connor
Who Knows?

Trainer Name: Connor
Gym Desired: Prehistoric
Pokemon of that Theme: Kabutops, Aerodactyl, Anorith, Lileep, Cranidos, Shieldon, Archeops, Tyrunt, Tangrowth, Yanmega and Piloswine. Plan to add Omastar, Carracosta and Amaura with slots.
Trainer Level: 3
Win/Loss/Draw: 18/6/0
Kos/TP: 50 KOs, 162.5 TP
Badges: None

Matches [** indicates a Gym scenario]

Win
vs. Lost

Loss
vs. Rangeetsuper
vs. EmeraldGoblin

Ongoing
vs. Shadowshocker
vs. Charminions **
vs. Son of Shadows **
vs. Mercutio **

Disclaimer: This is a work in progress and will see multiple edits.

Dave: So the range of 'mon you have is impressive, probably enough to be defendable giving how awful most of them are. Your W/L is impressive too. However, the glaring problem with this application is the lack of notable wins. I know you've got a few matches in the works, including some Gym Scenarios. Win more of them and come back to us when your notable wins outweigh notable losses. Rejected for now.

Last edited by Connor; 01-22-2016 at 03:20 PM.
Connor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 08:52 PM   #53
Charminions
Your reality is mine

Trainer Name: Charm
Gym Desired: Fire
Pokemon of that Type: Blaziken, Charizard, Arcanine, Ninetales, Houndoom, Torkoal, Chandelure, Delphox, (Camerupt, Rotom-H, Magmortar with slots)
Trainer Level: 4
Wins/Losses/Draws: 27/10/0
KOs/TP: 66/214

Matches:

vs Squirtleking - Win (Blaziken)
vs Celebii151 - Win (Ninetales)
vs Haymez - Win
vs Jerichi - Loss
vs Shadowshocker - Loss
vs Kairne - Ongoing
vs Mercutio - Ongoing
vs DaveTheFishGuy - Ongoing (Gym Scenario)

Didn't actually improve much from my last one, but I'll add on to this.

Dave: This is a good app, make no mistake. But the thing holding us back from approving you is that only have three matches tagged with Fire-types. Add in some more Fire-type uses, even if you don't think the matches are notable, and we'll take another look. This isn't a rejection, just a request for more information.

Last edited by DaveTheFishGuy; 05-06-2014 at 05:16 PM.
Charminions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 09:10 PM   #54
EmeraldGoblin
Banned

Trainer Name: EmeraldGoblin
Gym Desired: Electric Gym
Pokemon of that Theme: Eeelektross, Ampharos, Electabuzz, Raichu, Lanturn, Stunfisk, Rotom, Rotom [Wash Forme], Rotom [Fan Forme], Rotom [Mow Forme], Galvantula. I plan to add: Dedenne, Manectric, and Luxray.
Win/Loss/Draw: 30/6/1
Kos/TP: 74 KOs, 224 TP
Badges: Smelting Badge

Matches:
** indicates gym scenario
In Transit:

vs. Salamencia - Holding my own. Hopefully, I can get enough momentum for a win. (Electabuzz, Rotom)

vs. Charminions** - The arena has really kept the momentum somewhat in my favor.

Win
vs. Proxima - I used an electric in this match, I guess.
vs. Connor - although you guys keep collectively saying it looks better on Connor, I think I used enough pressure to make sure that he wouldn't be able to win consistently, without giving him any free turns.
vs. Firewater -Walked out almost 2-0. Managed to take huge chunks out of a Steelix with a Rotom. (Electabuzz, Rotom)

Loss
vs. Haymez -When I was fresh off the boat, I was about to do a couple of creative maneuvers here and there.
vs. Sneezey** - Learned a couple of patches here and there. Overall, a very helpful match. First thing is first, never ever give soo much up for a rotom, it just very much limits the pokemon. Had the last matchup been Dragonite vs Lanturn, I would of fared much better. I think I have a better idea in what direction I would like to take my pokemon. For example, including either more obstacles that my land bipeds could enjoy or replacing one for Stunfisk, as it provide more versatility in water, plus less monotony with offtype.
vs. Mercutio** - This one has been the most helpful in realizing what is missing for my pokemon overall. Risks need to be taken more often, I cannot let the likes of Kush bully me!! =D

Tie
vs. SoulMuse - I came back from a really bad situation, and was able to tie. I could of won, had I remembered that I changed Sigilyph's hidden power to fighting. Derp.

I also have a gym concept going:

Hydroelectric Arena (Custom Indoor Arena): Standard Size arena made of pure, almost indestructible, steel with five holes (arranged with two equidistant holes on each side with a single hole in the center) that give access to water filled with electrolytes beneath the stage. The holes are medium sized, letting about the width a Lapras to fit. The hole in between the metal platform is about a foot and a half deep before reaching general access. Meanwhile, the water covering the arena underneath is about five feet deep.The water is super-salinated, adding beneficial electrolytes to the efficient conductivity of electrical moves underwater. There are also phytoplankton living within the water, which have a special enzyme that eats away at slime coatings of water/ground pokemon in the matter of a turn. This does not apply to toxic.
The platform itself is sturdy enough, and the likes of earthquake or bulldoze will barely work, if work at all. The arena is covered, and at the moment we have really bad maintenance, so the sprinklers are constantly running water, leaving a permanent rain dance effect on the field. Moreover, there are several chains that hang off the ceiling from leftover construction, sturdy enough to allow pokemon to cling on to them without the chains breaking.There is also a series of rundown pipes with holes running along the perimeter of the arena, with access to climb them from both sides at the middle of the edge of the arena. The pipes are only wide enough to let smaller pokemon fit through them, about 2 feet in diameter size. The air quality is very poor within the pipes though, so pokemon can only remain about a turn hidden within the pipes, otherwise they would need to poke out and reach some fresh air through the holes.

Granted, its a work in progress and probably needs a lot of tweaking, but thus far I think is what could work best with what I envision.

Badge Concept:

Tesla Badge (Attachable): With the power of the Tesla Badge, the electromagnetic powers within the badge effectively change the scales of electric pokemon, making them more efficient in attacking. Once the badge is attached, the trainer can choose up to two Not Fully Effective effective types to make neutral and one neutral type to make Super Effective. In exchange, The pokemon must trade one neutral to be NVE. The trainer can decide at the beginning of the match what types to modify.

Really, all I have to offer is the potential. I understand the mechanics, and I feel competent enough to hold my own in a match once I sort a proper team. I understand better the limitations of Electric after engaging some of the top ASB members, and hopefully I'm able to patch that up a bit.

Dave: Good job getting FW's Badge off him. Sadly this does not mitigate the problem that the rest of your 30 wins are primarily against newbies. Come back when you have more wins against trainers I actually recognise. Rejected for now.

Last edited by DaveTheFishGuy; 05-06-2014 at 05:17 PM.
EmeraldGoblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 10:54 PM   #55
Red Panda
donk

Trainer Name: Red Panda
Gym Desired: Starter Themed
Pokemon of that Theme: Combusken, Grotle, Grovyle, Serperior, Empoleon, Croconaw, Dewott (Will make some room to re-add some guys, as I already have the 3 slot bonus)
Wins/Losses/Draws: 14/7/0
KOs/TP: 37/128

Matches:

Wins:

VS EmeraldGoblin (GT Match - Grotle, Monferno, Prinplup, Croconaw)

VS Hen da Man (GT Match - Marshtomp - DQ)

VS Kingothestone (GT Match - Combusken, Servine, Frogadier)

Losses:

VS Phoopes (Bulbasaur, Piplup)

VS Dave *shudder* (Charizard, Sceptile, Infernape, Blaziken)

VS Haymez (Combusken, Dewott)

Ongoing:

VS Sneezey (Empoleon, possible Sceptile and Samurott)

VS Kush (Possible Serperior - If I win a matchup with it you'd better be shocked)

VS ZoraJolteon (Possible Servine)

As you can tell I haven't gone out of my way to get gym scenario matches because

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTheFishGuy View Post
'lol middle-stage Starters'.
But, I kept a perfect record as the previous Starter Gym Trainer, doing quite well in bad matchups like Grotle VS Natu, Croconaw VS Elekid, Servine VS Fearow, and others like Bulbasaur VS Tauros, and in my first match I beat a Bulbasaur with a Piplup (though this match is not listed cause lolTL1). I know most starters thoroughly, and if I'm actually considered for this position as this application stands, I'll get my ass into gear and crank out some gym scenario matches. I have more matches than listed, but most are when I was a newblet TL2/TL1 and aren't against those of a high(er) skill level.

Dave: Again, notable wins (or lack thereof) are the problem here. Your GT record is a massive plus, don't get me wrong, though your W/L could use a bit of work. Finish some of those matches you've got going on and bring us some scalps so we can see what you can do against the top flight. Rejected for now.

Red Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 06:39 AM   #56
Mercutio
Banned

No Charm I want the Fire Gym ;;

(Not really)

Right, guys, if any of you are having matches which are very definitely scenario matches I.e. me vs EG, please highlight them as such. Make sure to include matches that show us that you understand the type and that you can reliably have close matches with people.

We'll do these en masse in the near future so you've plenty of time to polish off your apps or add new things. Please don't go crazy with proposed arenas and badges and strategies though (he said, hypocritically).

There are at least three other people I want to see applying before we do these.
Great to see four apps in!

Last edited by Mercutio; 04-22-2014 at 06:59 AM.
Mercutio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 12:38 PM   #57
Slash
Poison Jam

Send a message via Yahoo to Slash Send a message via Skype™ to Slash
Whimsicott Eh, Wynaut?

Trainer Name: Kairne
Gym Desired: Fairy
Pokemon of that Type: Whimsicott, Kirlia, Dedenne, Jigglypuff, Cleffa, Klefki, Mawile, Swirlix, Mime Jr., Marill, Carbink, Flabebe, Togepi, Snubbull, Spritzee, Eevee (soon to be Sylveon)
W/L/D: 29/20/1
KOs/TP: 75/189
Previous Title: Bug Gym Trainer, Starter Gym Leader
GT Record: 4/2/0
Matches:
Win:
vs Sneezey12
vs Haymez
vs Charminions
vs quintowill
vs dusknoirdude (Ralts, Cottonee)
vs Chiko (Sylveon, Klekfi)
Loss:
vs emp
vs Sneezey
vs Sneezey12 (Clefable, Whimsicott)
Draw:
vs ethe
Ongoing:
vs luxigal (Mime Jr.)
vs Sneezey12 (Mega Mawile)

Dave: You've got the Gym history and the quality, all that's missing is the experience with Fairies. Finish some more matches with them and come back to us to show us how you did. Proving that you're dedicated to sticking around is an additional plus.

Slash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 01:18 PM   #58
Deebs
You sayin' I like dudes?

Send a message via Skype™ to Deebs
The bitch is back ;o

Trainer Name: Deebs
Gym Desired: Water
Pokemon of that Type: Dewgong, Wartortle, Krabby, Marill, Staryu (Slowpoke, Tentacool, Chinchou shortlisted)
Trainer Level: 2
Record: 9/0/0
KOs/TP: 21/60
Matches:

Completed
vs. Connor [Win]
vs. Escalion [Win]
vs. Salamencia [Win]
vs. Apollo77 [Win] - Staryu
vs. Son_of_Shadows [Win]
vs. blazeVA [Win]
vs. Fallen Icarus [Pokebowl Rd 1 Win]
vs. Lost [Win via forfeit] - I was ahead before he threw in the towel.
vs. Lost 2.0 [Win] - Staryu / Marill

In progress
vs. Rangeet - Kingler
vs. Shuckle
vs. Kamen
vs. Celebii

I don't know if you guys consider much pre-reset, but I've got those two gym scenarios with Concept as well as a horde of other material in my previous app.

Dave: So you were first interested in this about five years ago, then again three years ago until Concept got in the way. However, you've since reset, which makes things a bit harder. The fact that you've applied literally the second after hitting 20/60 smacks of desperation, and to be honest I'm not sure whether you deserve the job of Water GL if you're too eager to get it.

Ok fine,
Approved. Get an arena (and a Badge if you want) into us to have a look at.

Last edited by DaveTheFishGuy; 05-06-2014 at 05:18 PM.
Deebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 03:19 PM   #59
Celebii151
ADCs in 2017 LUL

Send a message via Skype™ to Celebii151
Gallade I've Already Foreseen The Outcome

Mkay, here we go again, I guess.

Trainer Name: Celebii151/FlashFusion
Gym Desired: Psychic
Pokemon of that Type: Alakazam, Sigilyph, Gallade, Mime Jr., Lunatone, Solosis, Malamar, Slowpoke, Smoochum (With slots, Girafarig, Solrock and Xatu and I would pick up a Medicham, Hypno and Claydol and possibly Metagross and Starmie at some point)
Wins/Losses/Draws: 26/17/1
KOs/TP: 78/220

Matches:
vs Firewater - Win
vs Kairne - Win
vs Biggggg5 - Win (Metang)
vs XanderKetsu - Win (Abra)
vs Kindrindra - Win
vs Oliver101 - Win (Kadabra)
vs Lost - Win via forfeit, but I scored the first KO
vs Haymez - Loss (Sigilyph)
vs Charminions - Loss (Sigilyph, Alakazam)
vs Phoopes - Loss
vs Torkoal Stu - Loss
vs Empoleon Dynamite - Loss
vs DaisyInari - Loss
vs Jerichi - Loss
vs Shadowshocker - Loss

I know that my activity in ASB has been sporadic for the past year, and truth be told, I'm not sure that come September that it will stay as high as it is now (I'm moving to a new country). I realize that Psychic is just another of my many 'Gym Whims', but I hope to try and stick to it this time and crank out some notables and scenarios. Although most of the names worth salt have something other than win, the majority of these matches were levelling to be honest and most of the losses were rather close or a result of my sporadic activity and lack of motivation to ASB at the time, but even so, I use them as learning experiences and stepping stones.

Merci pour votre attention~

Dave: We're on the fence here. While you probably have the skill to be a GL, your W/L is a little wobbly and the fact that you came back only recently and picked up a load of Psychics (very few of which are tagged in your battles), combined with your general tendency to disappear (evidently a trait among Psychic Gym hopefuls) leaves us wary. Prove to us you're in this for the long haul and get some better names in your win column and we'll talk. Rejected.

Celebii151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 05:37 PM   #60
Haymez
Decidedly Epic

Send a message via Skype™ to Haymez
Relicanth Relicanth icon even though I don't have a Relicanth

This gets easier the second time around.

Trainer Name: Haymez
Gym Desired: Rock
Pokemon of that Type: Aggron, Archeops, Rampardos, Armaldo, Aerodactyl, Kabutops, Solrock, Cradily, Rhydon, Tyrantrum (needs levels). (Will add Tyranitar, and possibly others at some point)
Wins/Losses/Draws: 29/15/1
KOs/TP: 91/264
Badges Owned: Smelting Badge

Matches:

Only using reasonably recent ones

Won:
vs. Kairne (GT Match)
vs. Xander
vs. Blaze (Aerodactyl, Solrock)
vs. defiantdenial (Aerodactyl, Rampardos, Armaldo)
vs. Celebii151 (Aerodactyl)
vs. Firewater
vs. Firewater (Gym Match)
vs. zerozoner (Rampardos)
vs. Lost (Ended in forfeit, but hey) (Tyrantrum, Rampardos)
vs. Fallen Icarus (Archeops, Solrock, Armaldo, Kabutops)

Lost:
vs. Sneezey12
vs. Dave (scenario) (Solrock, Kabutops, Aerodactyl, Cradily)
vs. Charminions (Solrock)

Ongoing:
vs. Jerichi (Archeops, Solrock)

I've been pretty active in recent years, and am about to hit TL 5, but who knows what'll happen later this year. I'm graduating next month, and things might change drastically so that I'll be no longer able to participate. Who knows? In any case, I've been poked, so here it is for your perusal.

Dave: Good. Very good. Approved. Write us an arena (and maybe a Badge) that helps patch up your weaknesses so that people can't actually beat you with Scolipede and get to work.

Haymez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 06:33 PM   #61
Charminions
Your reality is mine

More matches, as requested, though not all notable.

Trainer Name: Charm
Gym Desired: Fire
Pokemon of that Type: Blaziken, Charizard, Arcanine, Ninetales, Houndoom, Torkoal, Chandelure, Delphox, (Camerupt, Rotom-H, Magmortar with slots)
Wins/Losses/Draws: 30/11/0
KOs/TP: 79/254

Matches:

vs Squirtleking - Win (Blaziken)
vs Celebii151 - Win (Ninetales)
vs Haymez - Win
vs Takkupanda - Win (Charmeleon)
vs Biggggg5 - Win (Blaziken)
vs Kairne II - Win

vs DaveTheFishGuy I - Loss (Arcanine)
vs Kairne I - Loss (Torkoal)
vs DaveTheFishGuy II - Loss (Blaziken)
vs Jerichi - Loss
vs Shadowshocker - Loss
vs DaveTheFishGuy III - Loss (Gym Scenario - Torkoal, Chandelure, Arcanine, Charizard)

vs Mercutio - Ongoing (Charizard)

Dave: Better. Much better. Approved, even. Whip up an arena that covers your bases and get it in.

Last edited by DaveTheFishGuy; 07-02-2014 at 05:46 PM.
Charminions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 09:25 PM   #62
Slash
Poison Jam

Galvantula Gym App

Gym Desired: Bug
Pokemon of that Type: Ariados, Ledian, Anorith, Joltik, Venipede, Durant, Illumise, Pinsir, Surskit, Ninjask, Karrablast,
W/L/D: 30/22/1
KOs/TP: 77/198
Matches:
Win:
vs Sneezey12 (Volbeat)
vs Haymez
vs Charminions
vs quintowill
vs dusknoirdude
vs Chiko
vs phoopes (GT Defense) (Parasect, Volbeat, Venomoth)
vs gmoyes (GT Defense) (Ledian, Armaldo, Volbeat)
vs hen da man (GT Defense) (Ariados, Armaldo, Masquerain, Ledian)
vs Alto
Loss:
vs emp (Volbeat)
vs Sneezey (Shedinja, Dwebble, Surskit, Volbeat)
vs Sneezey12
Draw:
vs ethe

Mercutio: This is actually one of the better written apps we've had in the last few months. A decent W/L record, some reasonably notable names in both columns, plenty of pokémon that you have experience with, nothing superfluous like arenas or explanatory notes. You particularly have a good platform as a former GT of the type and as a former GL. Others can learn something from this. However, you have abandoned a type and jumped to another within the space of a day. Moreover, your activity is not consistent and you do not always maintain the standards of behaviour that we ask of you. We need Gym Leaders who we can trust to be pillars of the community and to be dedicated to the job as much as we need Gym Leaders who can prove they are strong.

If you settle on a type and stick with it for a few months, battling with it and getting in to a natural affection for it that we think will last, we'll consider you again provided that you've also been a positive and responsible influence on the league. For now, your application is rejected, and we'll not consider you for any Gym in the next couple of months. Thanks.

Last edited by Mercutio; 05-25-2014 at 11:11 PM.
Old 07-02-2014, 05:27 PM   #63
Slash
Poison Jam

Pokemon of that Type: Ariados, Ledian, Anorith, Joltik, Durant, Pinsir, Surskit, Ninjask, Karrablast, Vespiquen, Beedrill, Shelmet, Scyther
W/L/D: 33/23/1
KOs/TP: 83/212
Matches:
Win:
vs Sneezey12 (Volbeat)
vs Haymez
vs Charminions
vs quintowill
vs dusknoirdude
vs Chiko
vs Alto
vs Cherche (Surskit)
Loss:
vs emp (Volbeat)
vs Sneezey12
Draw:
vs ethe

Dave:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kairne View Post
If you settle on a type and stick with it for a few months, battling with it and getting in to a natural affection for it that we think will last, we'll consider you again provided that you've also been a positive and responsible influence on the league. For now, your application is rejected, and we'll not consider you for any Gym in the next couple of months. Thanks.
Have patience. You don't need to reapply every month or so. Give it a little while yet and get some more battles in and come back.

Last edited by DaveTheFishGuy; 07-02-2014 at 05:44 PM.
Old 07-11-2014, 12:37 PM   #64
Mercutio
Banned

Trainer Names: DaveTheFishGuy and Mercutio
Gym Desired: Electric Type Gym - Doubles
Pokemon of that type: Raikou, Lanturn, Galvantula, Ampharos (Mega), Luxray, Electivire, Eelektross and Magnezone - Zapdos, Electivire, Magnezone, Luxray (Eelektross and Lanturn would return if given Gym)
Trainer Level: 6
Record: 92-12-6 - 85-36-7

We're both undefeated as GLs and the majority of our losses came as younger trainers. We're both veterans of two Gym types and spent months examining every pokémon in detail for SCs so we know Electric types and everything that threatens them. We also have other badges and items on which to fall back so are very confident of success against all comers.

Match Record (W/L/D)

VS. Sneezey12 (Dark Gym Defence)
VS. Haymez (Dark Gym Defence)
VS. Firewater (Fish Gym Defence, Eelektross and Stunfisk used)

vs ShadowShocker (Dragon Gym defence)
vs Torkoal Stu (Dragon Gym defence)
vs Rangeet
vs EmeraldGoblin (Electivire used)

My last losses were to Kush in the '11 Pokébowl and Concept in a Water-off in late '10 so I don't know what to put here.

vsSneasel12

VS. Mercutio (Normal Gym Challenge)

Mercutio vs DaveTheFishGuy (Normal Gym defence)
vs Concept (Water Gym Challenge, called off due to retirement, Eelektross used)

So, for mechanics, we would both bring a squad of three pokémon, making the total of six. Challengers could either team up and face us as a pair with three pokémon each for the total six or challenge on their own with a full party. Battles would be 4 vs 4/6 vs 6 doubles battles (each GL uses two or three pokémon in this scenario, challengers use two/three pokémon each when paired up or four/six if alone) fought at Equilevel 6 with Switch = Gym and Slapstick rules. Pairs would confer and then each trainer would post, then the opposing pair would do the same, so the pairs are essentially acting as a single trainer for the purposes of battle order. If the GLs are defeated, both challengers get the badge and full TP/KOs etc.

Jeri: is this 4srs?

Last edited by Jerichi; 07-15-2014 at 09:28 AM.
Old 07-21-2014, 05:04 AM   #65
Mercutio
Banned

No, but out of interest would you buy it?
Old 08-17-2014, 06:51 PM   #66
Slash
Poison Jam

Volcarona

Pokemon of that Type: Ariados, Ledian, Anorith, Durant, Pinsir, Ninjask, Escavalier, Vespiquen, Accelgor, Scyther, Volbeat, Kricketune,
W/L/D: 36/23/2
KOs/TP: 90/225.5
Matches:
Win:
vs Sneezey12 (Volbeat)
vs Haymez
vs Charminions
vs quintowill
vs Chiko
vs Alto
vs Cherche (Surskit)
vs Kush (Anorith)
vs Kindrindra (Anorith)
Loss:
vs emp (Volbeat)
vs Sneezey12
Draw:
vs ethe

I also have a recommendation from the type's previous leader.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torkoal Stu View Post
> Kairne applies for Bug Gym

Yesssss \o/

Good luck~ : D
Jeri: So I see some quality wins and your record's not too bad, but most of the examples you've given me of going toe to toe with vets are leveling matches and the bug experience you show in those battles isn't super convincing when it's not at your full level. If you can show me some commitment to the type and play at your current level, we'd definitely consider your application much more strongly. Have a scenario or use bugs more or something. For now, soft reject.

Last edited by Jerichi; 08-17-2014 at 11:13 PM.
Old 11-08-2014, 10:03 AM   #67
Emi
>tfw life and wife goals

Send a message via Skype™ to Emi
Trainer Name: blazeVA / Plight of Leon
Gym Desired: Ghost
Pokemon of that Type: Mismagius, Dusclops, Golurk, Doublade, Trevenant, Spiritomb, Gourgeist, Jellicent, Sableye, Drifblim, Banette (If I do get three extra slots, I'll also pick up Haunter, Froslass, and Chandelure).
Win/Loss/Draw: 25 Wins, 13 Losses, 0 Draws; Gym Trainer Record: 5 Wins, 0 Losses, 0 Draws
KO'es/TP: 67 KO'es/192 TP
Matches:
vs MylesFowl (WIN); Spiritomb used
vs Swampy (WIN); Misdreavus used
vs Sneezey, Gym Match (LOSS)
vs Copygoo, GT Match (WIN)
vs Apollo, GT Defense (WIN); Spiritomb, Pumpkaboo, Dusclops, Banette, Frillish used
vs Dirkac, GT Defense (WIN); Dusclops, Frilish, Spiritomb used
vs Kots, GT Defense (WIN); Mismagius, Banette, Frillish, Pumpkaboo, Doublade, Spiritomb used
vs Sparkbeat (IN-PROGRESS); Dusclops being used
vs Lanturn, Doubles (IN-PROGRESS); Mismagius used
vs Connor (IN-PROGRESS); Dusknoir being used
vs KamenAeons, GT Defense (IN-PROGRESS); Banette used
vs MachampX, GT Defense (WIN); Mismagius, Banette, Frillish, Doublade, Pumpkaboo, Golett used
vs Kin, GT match (LOSS)
vs Kush, Gym Scenario (LOSS); Dusclops, Spiritomb, Golett, Doublade used

So I considered waiting a bit but I didn't see a real point with waiting on this, this isn't going to improve much so I might as well blast it out now. Built it in Notepad so if the format is kinda poor that's why.

Concept: GT record is encouraging. Come back to me once you vs Connor is done, even if you don't win a good performance will really help.

Last edited by Concept; 11-08-2014 at 05:51 PM.
Emi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 03:51 PM   #68
Connor
Who Knows?

Mamoswine

Trainer Name: Connor
Gym Desired: Ground
Former Titles: Water Gym Trainer [2-0-0]
Pokemon of that Theme: Rhydon, Swampert, Seismitoad, Marowak, Gliscor, Sandslash, Donphan, Mamoswine, Flygon, Quagsire, Tortterra, Nincada, Camerupt, Steelix, Hippowdon, Claydol, Krookodile, Excadrill, Stunfisk [Dugtrio, Gastrodon and Diggersby on levelling].
Win/Loss/Draw: 36/9/0
Kos/TP: 96 KOs, 303 TP

Win
vs. Lanturn [Vibrava]
vs. Zelphon [Gym Trainer]
vs. Apollo77
vs. Sparkbeat [Gym Trainer]

Loss
vs. Mercutio [Prehistoric Scenario]
vs. Rangeet

Notable Cancelled
vs. Squirtleking [Was largely dominating up until the point of cancellation]

Ongoing
vs. Shadowshocker I
vs. Shadowshocker II [Flygon]
vs. Kindrindra **
vs. Mercutio **
vs. BlazeVA
vs. DaveTheFishGuy [Donphan, Seismitoad]

Concept: Come back once a few of your ongoing matches have wrapped up, your entire ongoing list is notable and I want to see how you handle them.

Last edited by Concept; 11-08-2014 at 05:52 PM.
Connor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 04:02 PM   #69
Aposteriori
Banned

Trainer Name: Darth Takuya
Gym Desired: Rodent & Friends
Former Titles: None
Pokemon of that Theme: Raticate, Pikachu, Furret, Bibarel, Azumarill, Lopunny, Watchog, Diggersby. (GL Slots: Linoone, Cincinno, Emolga)
Win/Loss/Draw: 9/1/0
Kos/TP: 41 KO/96.5 TP

Win
vs Dusknoirdude23 (Buneary)
vs Machamp-X (Buneary)
vs akaFila (Buneary)
vs Apollo77 (Sentret)
vs KratosAurion (Lopunny)

Loss
vs Extroph

Ongoing
vs Kindrindra **
vs Lucario188 **
vs Sparkbeat **

Concept: There's nothing really I can work with here. A little iffy on the theme too.

Last edited by Concept; 11-08-2014 at 05:52 PM.
Aposteriori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 04:36 PM   #70
Apollo77
Done With Your Shit

Send a message via Skype™ to Apollo77
Scraggy Only Because I Told Myself I Would Do This Whenever Cibbir Posted An Application

Trainer Name: Apollo77
Gym Desired: Fighting
Former Titles: None Whatsoever
Pokemon of that Theme: Pangoro, Hitmonchan, Medicham, Breloom, Monferno, Machop, Mankey, Hawlucha, Croagunk, Riolu, Makuhita [Would likely add Pignite, Hitmontop, and Mienshao with slots].
Win/Loss/Draw: 16/12/0
Kos/TP: 37 KOs, 116 TP
Badges: None Whatsoever

Wins
vs. Extroph [Monferno]
vs. Kairne [Hawlucha]
vs. Kingothestone [Mankey]
Vs. Son_of_Shadows

Losses
vs. RedPanda15 [Medicham]
vs. Kyro12 [Meditite]
vs. Lucario188 [Tyrogue]

Ongoing
vs. Kairne **
vs. Eliteknight [Monferno, Meditite]
vs. Sneasel12 [Makuhita]

Wow even though this is a joke of an app it's making me realize just how shitty my chances are were I to seriously apply

Concept: Was pleasantly surprised upon actually looking through your app. Not quite enough yet, but come back if you put in decent performances against Sneezey and Kairne.

Last edited by Concept; 11-08-2014 at 05:54 PM.
Apollo77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 05:49 PM   #71
kusari
「Killer Queen No Prog」

Send a message via Skype™ to kusari
Snorlax Hey! Look! Kusari is going to make everyone else feel better about themselves!

Prefacing this by acknowledging that I'm probably not going to get a gym off it. More just hopping on the trend and grabbing some input.

Trainer Name: Kusari
Gym Desired: Normal
Former Titles: Normal GT (y'know the famously dumb one)
Pokemon of that Type: Slaking, Pidgeot, Tauros, Kecleon, Wigglytuff, Blissey, Zangoose, Girafarig, Diggersby, Lopunny. Hoothoot, Bidoof and Porygon are currently in leveling for Noctowl, Bibarel, and Porygon 2. (75 TP and badge from now will get TL5 and a Snorlax because that's necessity. Just thought I'd mention it for shiggles.)
Win/Loss/Draw: 33/25/4
KO/TP: 101/225.5

Here's a record of me losing a bunch. Asterisks denote leveling matches because I feel the need to point that out because most of my Normal uses are in leveling so far.

Wins
VS Akinjao (Happiny, Litleo that I no longer have but I won a matchup with Litleo so give me some credit there, please)*
VS Sparkbeat(Girafarig)*
VS Firewater (Tauros)

Loses
VS Squirtleking (Kecleon)*
VS Charminions (Vigoroth, Chansey)*
VS Jerichi [Gym Challenge] (Tauros, Pidgeot)
VS Shadowshocker [Gym Challenge] (Here's me losing to SS. No normals but it was close I guess)

Draws
VS Kush (Happiny, Zangoose)*

Yeah so no scenarios as of yet and most matches are leveling that I lost. And if Kush has any say a certain incident will also be negative marks. So yeah. Reject me hard, all night long, guys.

Concept: There are no links in this app. Why are there no links in this app? There's a world of difference between a curbstomp and a narrow win. Also you have like seventy matches, are there any wins worth something other than FW?

Last edited by kusari; 11-08-2014 at 06:21 PM.
kusari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 11:09 PM   #72
ROFLMAO
Thunder Badge

Am I cool now?

Trainer Name: ROFLMAO
Gym Desired: Outback Swamp
Former Titles: -
Pokemon I have that would be used: Quagsire, Butterfree, Venusaur, Girafarig, Tauros, Kingler, Giant Weedle, Blastoise, Politoed, Muk, Meganium, Slowking, Farfetch'd, Slaking, Donphan, Whiscash, Ludicolo, Nidoking, Golduck (Some of these final forms would only become available once I hit TL4.) [With slots would add: Any of Kangaskhan, Pinsir, Hippowdon, Bibarel, Tangrowth, Torterra, Greninja, Tropius and Breloom, ones I don't add with the slots would be added at some later date.)
Win/Loss/Draw: 20/10/1
Kos/TP: 49 KOs, 133 TP
Badges: None at the moment (Am presently fighting in ShadowShocker's gym)

Wins
vs. akaFila [Tauros, Girafarig, Kingler]
vs. StonE EdgE [Muk (as a Grimer)]
vs. Lt. Bleu [Quagsire, Ivysaur]
vs. SilentReaper [Farfetch'd]
vs. Astral Shadow [Slowpoke, Tauros]
vs. Miror [Quagsire]

Losses
vs. Haymez [Poliwag]
vs. Miror [Muk]
vs. Lanturn [Haunter, Quagsire, Farfetch'd]

Draws
vs. Machamp-X [Butterfree, Quagsire]

Ongoing
vs. ShadowShocker (Gym Match) [Muk, Haunter, Quagsire]
vs. kusari [Haunter]
vs. Kairne
vs. Lucario188 [Muk, Quagsire]

My arena if granted would be based on the Australian Outback.

I'm fully expecting to get rejected since some of those final forms will only come when I'm TL4, but some feedback would be nice please :>

Concept: This theme is never going to happen.
Wins- 24 ~ Losses- 14 ~ Draws- 1
TP- 154 KOs- 52 SP- 15
Current Number of Pokemon on the Squad: 38

Friend Codes:
Spoiler: show
Y/Smash Bros- (I pay more attention to this one :P) FS- Gabite, Noibat, Druddigon; 1993-9521-9013

X- FS- Gyarados, Bibarel, Poliwhirl; 0645-5911-9507

Last edited by Concept; 11-09-2014 at 04:34 AM.
ROFLMAO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 12:17 PM   #73
Chalis
Activating Rampage

Trainer Name: Machamp-X
Gym Desired: Fairy Gym
Former Titles: None
Pokemon of that type: Kirlia, Togetic, Florges, Snubbull, Mawile, Whimsicott, Marill, Mime Jr., Clefairy (Will add Wigglytuff, Sylveon and Dedenne with slots, and Carbink, Aromatisse and Swirlix with TL4, giving me all non-legend Fairies.)

Wins/Losses/Draws: 16/21/2
KOs/TP: 56/169.5

Matches:

Win:
Vs. King Infernape the III (Ralts)
Vs. Mew the Gato I

Vs. Mew the Gato II (Mawile, Snubbull)

Vs. Mew the Gato III (Mawile, Mime Jr.)

Vs. KamenAeons(Floette)

Vs. Astral Shadow (Ralts)

Vs. DarkLucarioADV (Floette)

Vs. YoungGoose(Mawile)

Vs. Miror

Vs. hen da man

Losses:
Vs. DaveTheFishGuy

Vs. Kindrindra I

Vs. BlazeVA (Gym Match)
Vs. Zelphon II (Mawile, Togetic, Mime Jr., Florges) **
Vs. Mercutio
Vs. Kingothestone (Mawile, Togetic, Mime Jr., Marill) **

Draws:
Vs. ROFLMAO (Floette)

Kindrindra (Mawile, Snubbull)

Ongoing
Vs. Son_Of_Shadows (Floette)

Vs. GX Prodigy (Cleffa)

Vs. Jerichi

Vs. Charminions(Gym Match, possible Marill)

Concept: Get your w/l decently over half (say five wins over half or so) and maybe we'll talk.

Last edited by Concept; 11-09-2014 at 12:26 PM.
Chalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 12:58 PM   #74
Sneaze
I'm sorry, Talon :(

Send a message via Skype™ to Sneaze
Cherrim

Alright, my turn.

Trainer Name: Sneasel12
Gym Desired: Grass
Pokemon of that Type: (some still need leveled, final evos listed) Trevenant, Torterra, Abomasnow (Mega), Cherrim, Cradily, Venusaur (Mega), Tropius, Breloom, Ferrothorn, Ludicolo
Trainer Level: 6
W/L/D: 50/11/1
KOs/TP: 173 KOs, 446 TP
Previous Titles: Ice Gym Trainer, Poison Gym Trainer
Recent Title: Ghost Gym Leader
GL Record: 7/0/0

Matches:

vs. kusari - Win 2-1
vs. Mozz - Win 3-2
vs. firewater - Win 3-1
vs. Kairne (GT) - Win 4-0
vs. Shadowshocker - Win 4-3
vs. DaisyInari - Win 5-4
vs. biggggg5 - Win 1-0
vs. phoopes (GT Defense) - Win 4-2
vs. squirtleking (WWC) - Win 2-1
vs. Haymez - Win 4-3
vs. Rangeet - Win 5-4
vs. Fallen Icarus (GL Defense) - Win 6-0
vs. blazeVA (GL Defense) - Win 6-3
vs. Kairne (GL Defense) - Win 6-2
vs. DaveTheFishGuy (Pokebowl) - Win 1-0
vs. milotic111 - Win 2-1 (Phantump)
vs. Trot Away - Win 3-1 (Trevenant, Turtwig)
vs. KamenAeons - Win 3-1 (Lotad, Tropius, Lileep)

vs. firewater - Draw 6-6

vs. SP-Eevee - Loss 1-2
vs. DaveTheFishGuy - Loss 1-2
vs. Char - Loss 2-3
vs. Jerichi - Loss 0-3
vs. zerozoner (GT Defense) - Loss 3-4
vs. DaveTheFishGuy (Ghost Scenario) - Loss 5-6

vs. Redpanda15 - Ongoing
vs. Firewater (GL) - Ongoing
vs. Apollo77 - Ongoing (Grotle)

Jeri: Get your squad up to snuff and finish up most of your Ghost battles. In the meantime, feel free to submit an arena and badge.

Daisy wins at life for making this Battle Cut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerichi View Post
Whatever Sneasel says is right

Last edited by Jerichi; 11-09-2014 at 01:26 PM.
Sneaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 02:12 PM   #75
Slash
Poison Jam

Weedle Don't go into the tall grass!

Trainer Name: Slash
Gym Desired: Route 1
As per discussion with Jeri, defined as regional bird, bug and rodent lines, currently:
Birds: Pidgeot, Fearow, Noctowl, Swellow, Staraptor, Unfezant, Talonflame
Bugs: Butterfree, Beedrill, Ledian, Ariados, Dustox, Beautifly, Kricketune, Scolipede, Leavanny, Vivillon
Rodents: Raticate, Furret, Linoone, Bibarel, Watchog, Diggersby
Pokemon of that Type: Ariados, Ledian, Unfezant, Fearow, Watchog (A couple needing levels). Will be obtaining more soon.
W/L/D: 37/25/3
KOs/TP: 91/231.5
Matches:
Win:
vs Sneezey12
vs Haymez
vs Charminions
vs quintowill
vs gmoyes (GT Defense) (Ledian)
vs hen da man (GT Defense) (Ariados, Ledian)
vs Kindrindra
vs Shuckle (Watchog)
vs biggggg5 (Metapod)
Loss:
vs emp (Bibarel)
vs Sneezey12 (Watchog)
Draw:
vs ethe
Ongoing:
vs ROFLMAO (Pidove)

Not really expecting an approval, but swept up in the wake of all the others applying. Couldn't hurt, right? I know I only have five in the theme, but I have experience shown with others and would re-add them.

Concept: Bulk out your squad a little and send us an arena.

Last edited by Concept; 11-09-2014 at 03:33 PM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL > Gym Battles