UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL > Referees Forum

Old 04-22-2011, 11:01 AM   #51
DaisyInari
Making that sweet coin

Send a message via MSN to DaisyInari
Yay i finally got graded! Well, it was rejected, but good criticism is always welcome.

http://forums.upnetwork.net/showthre...?t=2724&page=3

http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...=468202&page=4

Raph vs Jack
3 vs 3
Slapstick
Return = KO
Beach Arena

The beach is empty, with the only the sounds of the sea and a slight breeze bringing in a salty tang to the air. A girl walks to the center of the beach, a small Torchic following her in light, jumping footsteps. She scans the sand, and, with a microphone she conjures up from nowhere, she begins her announcement.

WELCOME FROM THE BEACH ARENA, TO THE EPIC BATTLE THAT IS ABOUT TO UNFOLD! It will be a 3vs3 fight between two fresh trainers, Raph and Jack! Shake hands you two, send out your pokes, and let’s get this party started!

Raph: Vulpix, use Flamethower x2!
Jack: LOL Croagunk, use Torment! Then Gunk Shot!

The trainers release their pokeballs into the air, revealing 2 very different pokemon. The firefox assesses her opponent warily before making the first move. Feeling the fire energy build inside her, Vulpix unleashes a stream of fire in an impressive display of Flamethrower! The flames hit Croagunk squarely in the chest, knocking it into the sand. No burn this time, but as the Vulpix readies her second one, Croagunk begins Tormenting her! The flames within the fox die out, unable to repeat her attack!

Embers: Tor? (What's the matter, trainer?)

As Vulpix stuggles to unleash her attack, she forgets to notice the large pile of slime as it slams into her body, coating her in the smelly, vile liquid. It seems that the toxic frog's Gunk Shot has found its mark.

Round 1 has ended! Healthwise, Vulpix has taken major damage; fortunately, the Gunk Shot did not leave her poisoned. Croagunk has the health lead, but only by a mild amount.

Looking at energy, it looks like the roles are switched. Crogunk has used major energy due to that Torment and Gunk Shot. He's a bit tired, but overall there's still a lot of fight left. Vulpix only managed to get in one attack, so she's still kinda fresh.

Jack's orders, if you please.

Lonely Cubone: No major issues here, would like to see you run through a few more complex scenarios, but that comes in the main test: PM me if you want to take it.

Last edited by Lonely Cubone; 06-08-2011 at 04:36 PM.
DaisyInari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 11:05 PM   #52
Zalck
Boulder Badge

http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=519932
http://serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=476415

Carl vs. Carlton
1 VS. 1
12 hour DQ
Slapstick
Switch=KO
Grass Arena
Carl, a simple dressed trainer arrives at today’s match first. Here, at the simple yet elegant Grass Arena there should be a simple battle between two simple opponents. Carlton, the challenger, arrives on the opposite side of the stadium. Who can say who can win? It’s a tossup match!

What does Carlton Start with? The insurmountable Oshawott!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Probably Jeri
Oshawott: (Water) Oshawott constantly wields a shell which it uses as a weapon, performing slashing attacks with it. The shell is fairly solid and can be used to defend against many physical attacks or to counter some attacks.
[Water]: Water Pokemon are able to hold their breath under water. The time varies, from about half an hour to one hour for reptilians and mammals, and indefinitely for fish and squid like Pokemon. They are also, generally, good swimmers.
Following, Carl sends out ‘that funny guy,’ Totodile! Stats are as follows:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Again, Probably Jeri
Totodile: (Water) Totodile is the slowest of the Totodile family, but the most agile. As an alligator Pokemon, the Totodile family has the strongest bite attack of any Pokemon relative to their size. However, their jaw muscles are meant for clamping down, not opening up: most Pokemon can easily keep them shut with their own hands. In wet arenas, the airholes on their snouts allow them to stay almost completely submerged while being able to see above the surface.
[Water]: Water Pokemon are able to hold their breath under water. The time varies, from about half an hour to one hour for reptilians and mammals, and indefinitely for fish and squid like Pokemon. They are also, generally, good swimmers.
Both are water types, though that probably won’t help at all here! Orders are as follows:

Carl:
Dragon Dance up, and then freeze him with an Ice Fang!
Carlton:
Toxic him right after he is done spinning, and then a Razor Shell as he comes towards you for with his Ice Fang!

Alright, so the fun begins!
Totodile immediately begins spinning very, very quickly, using a good amount of dragon energy, Dancing like a Dragon! While he is spinning, Oshawott comes in close, and puts a significant amount of poison energy into his shell, hoping to Toxic his opponent. As Totodile slows down, Oshawott gets a good slash in, injecting the poison into Totodile’s system! Totodiles response? To clamp down on Oshawott’s shell arm with an Ice Fang! This deals a little bit more than the normal solid damage, because of the closeness of the bite! Oshawott attempts to get Totodile with a Razor Shell But cannot get Totodile because he is on Oshawott’s shell arm!

Stats:
Totodile took no damage, but toxic poison is in his system. He used quite the amount of energy, using a fourth of his dragon energy, and a decent amount of ice energy. He has just about reached the first quarter on his energy. Dragon Dance boost is still in effect.
Oshawott sees a different story. Having used quite a bit of his poison energy, at least half. His water energy was slightly used as well. He has just gone off the top of his energy, not yet into the first quarter. Health wise, he took a good hit from the Dragon Dance boosted Ice Fang. His health is about to the beginning of the first quarter. He also sees freezing in his shell arm!

Carlton would order next.

Elsie: Not the worst attempt ever but not passable yet. In the body of the reffing, the description is a little formulaic and reads like the Attack Descriptions, but the main issue here is the stats section: Totodile's energy is way too low, Ice Fang and Dragon Dance is not one whole quarter of a Pokemon's energy, while you've also confused me by describing Oshawatt's energy as "not yet into the first quarter" which suggests he's used no energy at all.

We're not after mathematical perfection but the discrepancies here are a bit too much.

Last edited by Lonely Cubone; 06-08-2011 at 04:44 PM.
Zalck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 08:58 PM   #53
brandan
The Lord of the Derp

2VS2
Singles
DBZ arena
76hr DQ
Slappy

Quote:
TrainerA:
Ralts male level 1
Bulbasaur female level 1
Misdreavus Male level 1
Gastly male level 1
Horsea female level 1
Charmander male level 1

Quote:
Trainer B:
Level 1 Male Murkrow
Level 1 Female Machop
Level 1 Female Mawile
Level 1 Female Snorunt
Level 1 male Kecleon
Level 1 female Squirtle
Quote:
TrainerA:
Lets go Ralts!
Quote:
Trainer B:
Kecleon take the stage cliff.
Rock Tomb then Nasty Plot
Quote:
Trainer B:
Teleport behind them then use Psychic
Welcome to brave souls have let me ref and I shall do my best. SO Stats:
Spoiler: show
Quote:
DBZ Desert (Outdoor. Advanced Arena for Outdoor Battles): Basically, the Pokémon battle in the usual arena characters in DBZ always seem to fight in: a desert-like environment with large rocky plateaus and mountainous rock formations jutting out of the sand. The Pokémon start out on one of the many rocky plateaus or part of the mountainous formations. The plateaus are situated about 25 to 50 feet above the sands and it would be very deadly for a Pokémon to fall off and kill his or herself. Sandstorms kick up from time to time, lasting as long as the usual Sandstorm attack and just a bit weaker. Some Onix, Geodude, Graveler, Golem, and Machops live in the surrounding mountain formations and may attack if provoked. Ground and Rock-type Pokémon get a power boost and boulders can be lifted by Pokémon with enough strength to lift and use them.
Special Rules: Wild Pokémon, Terrain Edge, Easily Destroyed, Sandy, Deadly.

The two trainers brave as the are have decided to fight over the the small cliff, It is 12Ft in all directions so go nuts. Just do not fall.

POKEDEX
Quote:
Quote:
Kecleon (Normal): As noted in the move description, Kecleon performs Camouflage more quickly, and expends less energy while doing so, however, Kecleon’s stripe remains visible, so it can still be tracked, although it is much harder.
Quote:
Ralts (Psychic): Ralts's empathic abilities make it very in touch with its opponent. Attacks that deal with the opponents mental state are more effective. Teleporting also requires slightly less energy as well.
The two Pokemon square off sizing each other up. Each ready to tear the other to shreds.(I could make the intro longer but I am not, I'm just saiyan) Kecleon starts the round trying to engulf Ralts in a tomb of rocks. Ralts just sits there with a blank look on its face. Ralts is then completely surrounded by rocks. After a moment of nothing happening Kecleon rubs his hands together plotting nasty, evil deeds to do to his trapped foe. Then in a quick burst of light Ralts comes out of nowhere after using Instant Transition Teleport. He then sends forth a KA-ME-HA-ME-HA Psychic wave. Witch hits dealing fair damage.

The round stats:

Bad DBZ Puns.

Ralts: Ralts has perfect health, yet burned a ton of energy. He is abit into his second HB.

Kecleon: Took a hard hit and near the first half of his first HB. Energy was a little above Ralts. He is Boosted in SP. ATT.

Elsie: Rejected. In a sense, it doesn't matter what I say as nobody is going to let them ref for you until you actually bother trying to spell correctly, but here's a serious answer: Firstly, for all the padding above, the actual reffing here is 100 words long, which is ridiculously short for a reffing test, and makes little sense in any case. Do not give energy amounts in Hyper Beams, Quarters should be more than specific enough frankly, if you're going to say "first half of first HB" you may as well put percentages and that's simply not how PASBL is meant to work.

You can keep reapplying forever, but you don't address the basic issues with your reffings which are laziness in spelling and description and a fairly patchy application of the actual rules. Oh, and all that stuff above about squads and that simply isn't neccessary.

Last edited by Lonely Cubone; 07-11-2011 at 06:36 AM.
brandan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 07:44 PM   #54
mindthegaap
Boulder Badge

Round One: STRATEGY

Battles are in my Squad post.

A lone figure stands on a neatly trimmed lawn, waiting anxiously for the two battlers that will give him the SP that is his precious lifeblood. He clears his throat, looking over his sheet of prepared notes. I would describe his appearance, but he's not the important thing here, what's about to happen is. Plus, he was scared of Mozz finding him. As our two combatants approach from opposite ends of the field, he throws a Pokeball into the air, producing a small pink Pokemon with weird-looking hair.

: Velcome, velcome, veary traveler, to a grand and mysterious spectacle...ze timeless, thrilling sport zat is...ZE BATTLE OF ZE POCKET MONSTER! LET IT BEGIN! MWAHAHAHAHAHA!

"Well," he says, "thanks for the...interesting introduction, Madame Rouge. Today's event will be a 2 versus 2 singles Pokemon battle with a 36 hour disqualification time limit. It will take place in the ever-so-exciting Lawn arena, and shall be held under Slapstick rules. Jessie, our challenger, is fighting James, our acceptor. For those unfamiliar with the order, this is how it goes:

Jessie posts a squad of six Pokemon,
James posts a squad of six Pokemon and sends out one,
Jessie sends out a Pokemon and orders,
James orders,
I ref, the order switches, and we do it all again till someone has 2 KOed Pokemon. Got it? Squads away!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessie
*squad*
Quote:
Originally Posted by James
*squad*

Go, Baltoy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessie
Go, Houndour! Double Team, Nasty Plot!
Quote:
Originally Posted by James
Rock Tomb, Psych Up.
"Our battle begins as James sends out the Clay Doll Pokemon, Baltoy, the eager Psychic-typed top spinning around in excitement. If anyone knows why its eyes are closed all the time, do tell because it's creeping me out.

Jessie responds with an unnamed Houndour, which stares at Baltoy with murder in its eyes. This doesn't make it any less adorable, though! Who's a cute little puppy! You are, yes you are!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Species Characteristics
Houndour: (Dark/Fire) Houndour can see in the dark, and has sensitive hearing, at the expense of increased vulnerability to sound attacks. Much like the Growlithe family, while more reluctant to bond, they are fiercely loyal to those who earn their trust. Houndour and Houndoom have a unique language (composed of barks and howls) that only they understand. In events like the Grand Melee, trainers may order their Houndour or Houndoom to deliver a message in such a language. Only trainers with Houndour or Houndoom will be able to understand the message.

Baltoy: (Ground/Psychic) As they have eyes all around their heads, Baltoy are almost impossible to surprise or sneak up on. Baltoy naturally levitate, and can keep it up indefinitely.
: I see typespam in your future!

"Indeed, but not this round, it seems. Houndour starts off by quickly shifting back and forth, kicking up leaves and grass as two Double Team clones flicker into view. It's super effective...ON MY HEART! SO CUTE!"

: Ech. Dark-types are ze scum of ze earth, you fool! So dirty and grubby!

"Baltoy foils Houndour's STRATEGIC MOVE with one of its own, spinning around to call up some large boulders from the loam around it. Rocks burst up from the ground, soil and vegetation flying everywhere as they fall into place around Houndour and its clones in a Tomb. Houndour just chills, as the tomb won't stop him from his next move: he begins conspiring with his two new friends, cooking up a Nasty Plot on how they're going to Dark typespam the crap out of that Baltoy. Meanwhile, Baltoy continues with some impressive COUNTER STRATEGY, using Psych Up to connect with the firey dog, imprinting its mindset upon Baltoy's, who gains a special attack boost equivalent to it. Obviously, Baltoy's got a ticket on the Typespam Train as well, considering it's half-Ground."

"Nobody took any damage this round, but Houndour is a bit below the midpoint between 3/4 and perfect on energy. Baltoy has a mild advantage on him, getting closer to the aforementioned midpoint."

: Houndour has two double team clones and is trapped in a Rock Tomb. Both Pokemon haf a considerable special attack boost.

"James to order."

Rejected with regret. I like your style, and I like the Pokemon choices too, but you really can't go engineering a round in which nothing happens and expect me to pass it- have at least one attack in these kind of things please...Also, on a slight point, I can't see why Hondour only created two Double Team clones when it was on full health and energy, and also can't really see how they all ended up inside the Rock Tomb- Rock Tombs don't exactly come with plenty of spare room. I'd like to see you reffing though, so please reapply with something a little more er...testing.

Last edited by Lonely Cubone; 07-11-2011 at 06:43 AM.
mindthegaap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 02:50 PM   #55
mindthegaap
Boulder Badge

"Conflict. Desire. Defeat. Typespam."

A referee stares into the distance, feet planted firmly on the gray, dusty terrain of the Clay field. Just outside the boundaries of the arena is a beat-up sign, proclaiming it to be the "PASBL Municipal Clay Field." Two battlers stand on opposite sides, both ready for the dramatically dramatic showdown of dramaticness that's about to go down. Dramatically.

"Today," the ref continues, looking at the combatants, "you will see all of those things. One of you will walk away with six TP and three KOs, and the other will walk away with...NOTHING!"

: "Except for three TP."

"Way to ruin the moment, Susan. So, anyway, this battle will be a two versus two singles with a 48 hour disqualification period. It's also Slapstick, because we wouldn't want anyone getting hurt now, would we? Flare is the challenger and Buzz is the acceptor. For those who don't know how the order goes:

Flare posts a squad of six Pokemon,
Buzz posts a squad of six Pokemon and sends out one,
Flare sends out a Pokemon and orders,
Buzz orders,
I ref,
The order switches and we do it all again."

: "Let's get some squads up in here! RAISE THE ROOF!"

"Whatever that means."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flare
*squad*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz
*squad* Go, Elekid!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flare
Go Magby! Use Will-O-Wisp, then Flamethrower!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz
Light Screen, Thunderbolt!
"Generic pokemon choices abound, as Buzz sends out a nameless Elekid. Flare counters it with an also quite predictable, and similarly nameless, Magby."

: "Like you're not getting both of them as soon as you hit TL2."

Quote:
Magby: (Fire) Because they gestate in magma, Magbys, Magmars, and Magmortar can stay in lava/hot chemicals indefinitely.

Elekid: (Electric) An Elekid may take one turn to recharge half of its electrical energy. This can only be used once per match, and it must take a turn to recharging, in which no other moves may be ordered. Unlike Electabuzz, it does not react to the color red.
"Magby starts off by kindling its INNER FIYAH, a small flame flying out of its mouth and zooming towards Elekid. However, the Will-O-Wisp crashes harmlessly into a Light Screen the living plug had concentrated to erect moments before. Cracks form in the center of the screen, betraying its strain."

"The two counterparts of fire and electricity now trade attacks befitting their duality: a Flamethrower issues from Magby's snout while Elekid fires a crackling Thunderbolt. The bolt courses through Magby, frying the poor thing for some nice damage, but the billowing flames have managed to break Elekid's Light Screen and deal a partial hit."

: "ELECTRIC TYPES IN DA HOUSE! WHOOP WHOOP!"

"Both Pokemon used similar energy, getting close to the 3/4s mark there. They're starting to get tired, but it won't be a big deal unless they go all-out on energy the next round. Elekid took mild damage, a little bit off perfect. Magby, however, is nearing the 3/4s mark on health."

"Buzz to order."

Rejected. Light Screen description states it can take "approximately two high powered (Ice Beam, Thunderbolt) attacks". Flamethrower and Will-o-Wisp should not be breaking the screen really, although I'd have accepted breaking it just without the partial Flamethrower hit- Light Screen can absorb a lot of Special damage, which is the trade off for barely taking any Physical blows. Also, Elekid used a fair bit more energy in this scenario as Light Screen uses more energy than Thunderbolt.

Edit: Have discussed this with Dave, who refs half the league, and he seems to do much the same as you. But yeah, I disagree and the descriptions really shouldn't be ignored unless they're totally and obviously stupid.

Also, as much as I like the general style here, the actual body of the reffing (I've highlighted it in blue) is 103 words long. Padding the bits at the top does not really take away from the fact that the description is a bit sparse here.

Last edited by Lonely Cubone; 08-05-2011 at 11:51 AM.
mindthegaap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 05:37 PM   #56
kusari
「Killer Queen No Prog」

Send a message via Skype™ to kusari
Quote:
Originally Posted by Challenger
Croagunk, you're in. Dynamicpunch and Sludge Bomb.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acceptor
Hippopotas, let's go. Earthquake and Secret Power.
The battle today will take place on the standard Lawn Arena. Our battlers are Challenger and Acceptor. Without further ado, let's get started.

In twin flashes of light, the trainers release their Pokemon onto the freshly cut grass. From Challenger we have a Croagunk. The purple amphibian lands on the field with a thud, flexing his muscles while waiting for his foe. Acceptor responds with a Hippopotas, who immediately begins stomping his feet at Croagunk.

The Poison-type is the first to make a move. Drawing back his arm, he channels a Dynamic amount of Fighting energy into his fist. Deciding that it's time to put the energy to use, Croagunk rushes at his opponent. He connects with a Punch of explosive force that sends the hippo rocketing backwards. As Hippopotas rises back to his feet, it is made apparent that the god of ASB, the great aReNGee, has ruled that no confusion will be given to the Ground-type.

Tapping into his natural typing, Hippopotas begins repeatedly stomping the lawn. Each stomp forces a wave of Ground energy through the Earth causing it to Quake beneath the amphibian, the attack dealing absolutely nasty damage. Croagunk, still reeling from the hit, begins to churn the toxins in his cheek sacs. Feeling ready, he spits a volley of Sludge Bombs which explode on the hippo for significant damage....or it would've, had Hippopotas not been resistant to the attack.

Deciding to end this round with more judgement by the spectacular aReNGee, Hippopotas reaches into his Secret stash of Powers. His body lights up in a bright pink aura and the Hippo Pokemon quickly fires the aura in the form of a bright, powdery beam. The attack strikes Croagunk for solid damage. As the round comes to a close, Croagunk's eyelids droop as he becomes drowsy. All hail aReNGee!

Results
Croagunk took a beyond extreme amount of damage leaving him a decent way above the midpoint. His energy use was better than that. He's resting about midway through his first quarter.

Hippopotas did a lot better on health than his foe. He still has a mild amount of healt left in his first quarter. His energy is right around the same amount as his opponent, with the hippo being slightly higher in his energy reserves.

Acceptor to order.

Elsie: Technically of course, the Acceptor should send out first. But I’ll forgive that as semantics and grade the actual application...which is pretty good. A few kinks we’ll need to iron out (like thinking that ‘Dynamic’ is an appropriate quantity of anything) but I’m happy to approve you for the test. PM me and I’ll make something up for you.

Last edited by Lonely Cubone; 09-03-2011 at 03:29 PM.
kusari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 07:49 AM   #57
Celebii151
ADCs in 2017 LUL

Send a message via Skype™ to Celebii151
Ref App

http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=534554
http://forums.upnetwork.net/showthread.php?t=3297

Welcome one and all to the boring Lawn Arena where 2 trainers are having their first battle! This is sure to be an interesting match with a lot of fails, frustration and more! Kick back and enjoy!

The stats, Luma?

Luma: Here you go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luma View Post
1v1
Slapstick
12 Hour DQ
Lawn Arena
The Arena:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arena View Post
Lawn (Outdoor. Standard Arena for Outdoor Battles): A basic, standard terrain. Nothing special. The "Grass Field" arena from the Indigo Pokémon League in the anime is a prime example of a Lawn Arena.
Special Rules: None
As two Trainers walk into the arena, Bob the Challenger and Rob the Acceptor, I sit in the referee booth waiting for their pokemon. After some chit-chat and a handshake, the trainers move to their respective positions and ponder on their pokemon choices. After some thinking it is clear that they have decided. Rob sends out multi-colored bug type, otherwise known as Yanma. The bug flits around the arena before returning to his trainer's side. The Yanma patiently waits for his opponent. Bob responds to this with a feline pokemon which is called Skitty, who chases its tail before realizing it's in battle. The pokemon stare each other down as they prepare for battle.

Pokedex
Skitty: (Normal) Skitty's Attract, Charm and similar attacks are more effective then normal. It prefers to use its tail for slapping and similar attacks.

Yanma: (Bug/Flying) Yanma makes a humming noise as it flaps its wings. This makes it easier to locate, however, the noise is very irritating close up, and any Pokemon within 10 feet of Yanma have a 10% chance of flinching from the sound (20% if the Pokemon has sensitive hearing). Yanma can see in the dark.

(Normal): Normal types can use the greatest variety of attacks in the league: they pay for this, however, by having less type energy.

(Bug): Bugs can, in most case, see in the dark. While most live in warm climates, they hate fire, and dislike cold.

(Flying): Flying Pokemon, with a few exceptions, all fly. Those who cannot are faster and more agile in their chosen mode of transportation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob View Post
Yanma, let's do this! Bug Buzz followed by Quick Attack!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob View Post
Skitty, you're the star! Use Shadow Ball. End with Wild Charge.
The battle commences with Yanma making the first move. It Buzzes very loudly causing the audience to cover their ears. When it has caused enough ear damage it decides to put the buzzing to use as it creates a ball of Bug energy which it launches at poor Skitty. Skitty gets hit and flips backwards, landing on its feet. Skitty painfully gets back up, not pleased with getting its fur ruffled by Yanma. It lets out its anger by charging a Ball with all the dead spirits of PASBL. Yanma, too busy laughing at Skitty's sorry state, doesn't see the Shadow coming towards it. When it does however, it's already too late as it gets blasted back by the ghostly wind gathered in the ball. Skitty starts feeling good as it Charges up electricity then Wildly running at Yanma. Yanma would have much liked to dodge it, but has to follow orders. So Yanma Quickly flies at the electricity covered Skitty and Attacks it. The moves collide and Yanma ends up getting hit. Skitty seems fine but if falls over, getting back up receiving moderate damage from Wild Charge recoil.

Condition
Yanma used high energy, almost out of its first quarter. It took a ton of damage, placing a fair way above 1/2.

Skitty was much better off, taking a lot of damage when factoring in recoil, but not as much as Yanma which means it is a little under it's first quarter. It used beyond extreme energy, a bit under it's first quarter. Skitty has enough electric energy for half a ThunderBolt and barely any ghost energy.

Bob, can we have some orders?

Elsie: Hmm...this is borderline, but I'll pass you for the test because I'm in a good mood and I think you have a good base here...PM me for the test and we'll see what we can do about getting you passed.

Last edited by Lonely Cubone; 09-03-2011 at 03:51 PM.
Celebii151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 02:38 AM   #58
brandan
The Lord of the Derp

Quote:
Trainer 1: Good luck. Golbat your up
Quote:
Trainer 2: Thanks, you to. Ill use Electabuzz. Thunderbolt then Thunderwave.
Quote:
Trainer 1:Try and stop him with a super sonic. Then use toxic.
The Clay arena is highly maintenanced and in perfect condition. Lets correct this. Welcome to todays battle with each trainer ready to fight we watch as the trainers send out their first Pokemon. First we have a nameless Golbat that appear through the red beam of the poke ball. To counter Golbat is a shamless type spamable Electabuzz.

*Flips Pokedex*

POKEDEX
Quote:
Quote:
Golbat(Poison/Flying) Golbat, unlike Zubat, can see, though it can use sonar if needed. Golbat can see in the dark..
Quote:
Electabuzz(Electric) If an Electabuzz sees the color red, it may launch into a blind rage. While in this rage, an Electabuzz’s attack is doubled, at the expense of a halved defense. A trainer may, with a note in their bio, however, say they’ve trained Electabuzz not to respond to red. However, Electabuzz will lose the ability to go into this rage if they do so.

Quote:
[Flying]: Flying Pokemon, with a few exceptions, all fly. Those who cannot are faster and more agile in their chosen mode of transportation.
[Poison]: If not completely immune, poison types are highly resistant to poisoning.
[Electric]: Electric types, in general, prefer areas where their electric attacks are most accurate. Thus, while hot temperatures don’t bother them, the fact that heat refracts electricity doesn’t appeal to them.
Quote:
Clay (Outdoor. Standard Arena for Outdoor Battles): A basic, standard terrain. Nothing special. The arena used for the 5th round of the Indigo Pokémon League in the anime is a prime example of a Clay Arena.
Well with that out of the way lets get to what we all came here to see. The battle. To start Ellectabuzz starts of by twirling his arms fast that the seem to be a blur. Then as the static energy is collected it is shot out like a thunderbolt right at Golbat. Golbat sends out sonar his sonar waves at a high volume. The super sonic hits Electabuzz scrambling his brain. Though the Golbats attack hit it does not stop the bolt from totally Smacking the wide open bat for a super effective hit. Ouch...Well Electabuzz is so out of it all he can do is just stare blank eyed and open mouthed at his enemy. A lil drool oozing out. Well Golbat is lucky to escape paralyzation and as the shock wheres off he is really pissed off. So he does one of the ultimate insults he spits at Electabuzz. BUT WAIT! This is no ordinary saliva its poisonous. One may call it toxic. The glob hits Electabuzz strait in the face. With his mouth wide open most of it gets in his stomach. Eww. The bitter taste and the smack has regained some mental awareness from Electabuzz so he may not be totality screwed over next round.

Electabuzz: No real damage but is confused. Energy was high yet not to bad as he only did a one mover round. Poison will take effect after the next round.

Golbat:Took a massive hit and is a fair bit away from half health. Energy use was almost equal to Electabuzz. Will have an advantage with derp from Electabuzz.

LC: You are getting better to a point, but there are still far too many basic spelling and grammar issues here, as well as a terrible lack of formatting. Try paragraphs and using bold for attack names. I wouldn't be happy with a newcomer seeing a match reffed by you at the moment, as I simply don't think anyone could read this and say "Hey, I want to join PASBL, that looks fun". I know I'm beating a dead horse here, but please read through things before posting them...

On the technical front, Golbat's energy should be lower than Electabuzz's- Toxic uses significant energy. Rejected for now, improving but you're still light years from facing Brock!

Last edited by Lonely Cubone; 10-19-2011 at 05:27 PM.
Old 09-07-2011, 06:24 PM   #59
brandan
The Lord of the Derp

Orders are edited in.
Old 09-09-2011, 11:07 AM   #60
Shuckle
Mage of Mind

Herp derp. I realized I'd hit two battles already. And lost both, but c'est la vie...I’ve got opportunities.

http://serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=513869
http://serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=517995

A man walks nonchalantly through the tall grass to where two angry young Trainers are squaring it off in the midst of a large field. He motions to the two competitive youngsters are situated, gesturing for them to move slightly away from each other, before stepping in between the two.

"Hello, everyone. I am Shuckle, your ref for today. We are gathered here to settle a dispute between two wild Trainers. Here is the match description:
Quote:
Joey (c) vs. Red (a)
2v2 Singles
Equilevel
Slapstick
Switch=KO
48 HR DQ
Please, begin by telling us what Pokemon you shall be using. First, Youngster Joey will tell us his squad, followed by Red, who has taken up his challenge today. Joey will select a Pokemon, and Red will, too, followed by his order. Finally, Joey will order, and we'll get this started! Please keep in mind that Rattata are not”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey
Level 4 Male Raticate
Sig: I love Rattata, but Raticate are really cool! This Raticate’s Thunder Fang can be used as many times as Raticate wants every battle! He can also use Thunder!
*squad completely of Rattatas*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red
Level 3 Female Butterfree
Level 3 Male Beedrill
Level 3 Male Charmeleon
Level 3 Male Wartortle
Level 3 Male Ivysaur

Level 4 Male Pikachu
Signature Training: Pikachu cannot evolve, and thus is considered a fully evolved Pokemon from a damage standpoint.

I will choose Pikachu!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey
I love Rattata! Go, Raticate! Use Thunder Fang! And then use Crunch!
Quote:
I'll take him down with Iron Tail! After that, give him a bit of his own medicine with a nasty Volt Tackle! If he’s still standing, get him with a Thunderbolt. We’re not playing around.

Three-mover confirmed.
It's a lovely, fine day here at the Lawn Arena, as two relatively well-known Trainers face each other in a heated contest; for real, as the Youngster chooses his signature Pokemon, a Raticate, and Trainer Red selects his Pikachu. Let's take a look at the stats.
Quote:
Raticate: (Normal) A Raticate's whiskers give it better balance than most Pokemon. However, if they are cut off, it will slow their speed and agility. Rattata and Raticate have powerful biting attacks, and any biting attack used by a Rattata or a Raticate ds 1.25 times the damage. Raticate can see in the dark and have sensitive hearing, at the expense of greater vulnerability to sound attacks.
Pikachu: (Electric) The most popular Pokemon, Pikachu is the most agile of its evolutionary line, if not the fastest. Pikachu have sensitive hearing, at the expense of increased vulnerability to sound attacks.
Red tugs his cap, grins wildly, and throws his Pokeball with great force! As it flashes in the noonday sun, it opens and releases a blaze of white light that builds up to the form of a Pikachu, fur shifting gently in the light breeze. Its tail twitches, and it smiles in much the same way as its trainer. This is a rodent that’s ready for anything. Across the field, another Pokeball is sent towards the yellow mouse, erupting to reveal a brown-furred Raticate. Joey is not smiling, but he manages to convey the same emotion with an angry scowl.

It’s hard to tell who started first this round; both Pokemon began dashing at each other at the same time. Pikachu’s tail begins to glow as it crosses the arena, filling up with Steel energy, and Raticate’s fangs are crackling and sparking, glowing yellow in preparation for its Thunder Fang. The two meet, and then leap into the air, Raticate going for the jugular and Pikachu twisting to get Raticate in the face with its Iron Tail. Both attacks collide at the same time, Raticate’s Thunder Fang being struck with Pikachu’s tail. Surprisingly, the electricity contained in the Thunder Fang is powerful enough to go straight through Pikachu’s tail and strike the yellow mouse for light damage due to its resistance and the lack of Raticate’s SC boost. Raticate, on the other hand, is smashed across his big, sensitive teeth and bit a thing made out of metal. He doesn’t feel so great, and took heavy damage.

But this is not the end! Raticate disengages and then Crunches Pikachu’s arm as they hit the ground again. His fangs are injecting horrid amounts of Dark energy, and there’s not a lot Pikachu can do about it. When the attack finishes, however, and Raticate has sprung back out of Pikachu’s arm, it lets loose with a Volt Tackle and does even more damage to poor Raticate, dealing heavy damage and using as much energy.

“That’s gotta be tiring for Pikachu, and painful for Raticate, but it looks as though the Normal mouse might pull through,” says the announcer, believing it to be the end of the match. “I hope it goes better for…wait. What? You say that Pikachu ordered another move?” Red nods. “Okay. I’ll let him finish.”

Pikachu begins to spark with electrical energy, and then unleashes a vicious Thunderbolt that slams into the pooped Raticate for considerable damage. He falls, nigh completely toasted, while Pikachu pants heavily in the other corner.

“It looks like Pikachu has one or two good attacks left in him so far, but he’s really feeling all of that energy loss. His reactions will be slowed, which may cause a stir in the next round. Raticate, however, is in great pain, but will still fight the good fight until he’s down, the glint of determination still present in his eyes. Why this should be is a complete mystery to me, even though it’s Slapstick and he will thus recover more or less to exactly the same way he came in. It’s still a lot of pain to go through!

“Pikachu used extreme energy this round, knocking his energy down to a little past the halfway point. He’s breathing hard and feeling a little sick, and took considerable damage from his encounter with that Crunch and the shock from the Thunder Fang.

“Raticate is in critical condition, on his last paws. A partial Iron Tail hit combined with a full, close-range Volt Tackle, which itself was completed by a nasty Thunderbolt, has produced a damage font that is almost unfathomable, and it’s no surprise that Raticate feels this way. Pikachu has also used Red’s three-mover in only the first turn, which is quite unorthodox.

“I think it's Joey next."

Joey looks at him, and then asks, "Why don't you have a Shuckle as a helper?" Shuckle points at Red.

"You know what, I think Red's ordering first, actually."

LC: I really wanted to approve this. The description is excellent, the style is perfect and it's bloody long. Unfortunately, the mathsy bit is way out. Pokemon have four hyper beams worth of health and six of energy: Thunderbolt, Volt Tackle and Iron Tail together would do a lot of damage, but I'd expect to see Raticate around the halfway mark and Pikachu being above half for energy still. Take a look at a few battles and the scales contained in the Kush-e-Mart and try again- Maths issues are far easier to correct than style ones, particularly as the ref has a lot of leeway, but rejected for now I'm afraid.

[The Sorcerer's Ambition]A handy link, to be sure.
Level Acquisitions, sorted by level instead of name.
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoopes View Post
Shuckle's awesomeness level continues to rise.

Last edited by Lonely Cubone; 10-19-2011 at 05:35 PM.
Shuckle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 05:01 PM   #61
Midgeorge
Marsh Badge

Assuming I can even though I restarted.

This one
And this one

Quote:
1 vs 1
Slappy
RETURN = KO
NO DQ
Arena: Lawn
Welcome to the lawn arena, the most (boring)standard arena in PASBL. I'll be your host for today, along with the stat processing unit, Macrosoft.

Advertisement: I'm Macrosoft, and windows was my idea.

And we're back. Now, on one side of the arena we have Herp, a relatively new trainer. On the other side, we have derp... another newbie. I'm hoping this will be a great battle, so lets get this started.

Macrosoft: Processing. All trainers PM orders to Macrosoft processing unit.

BEEP
BEEP

Both trainers have PM'ed.

Herp:
Quote:
Go Gible.

Swords Dance, then DC Earthquake.
Derp:

Quote:
Go Deino.

Taunt any shenanegans, but if there are none, Dark Pulse.. Then Secret Power
Macrosoft: MATCH BEGIN

And its started folks. Both trainers seem to be opting for their pre-pseudo legends today, and Gible and Deino look pumped up. Lets look at their stats first.

Quote:
Deino: (Dark/Dragon) Deino is blind, but due to this, is in a constant state of confusion and rage. This makes its attacks less accurate but as if powered permanently by a Howl. It does still have some perception of its world, though, able to hear and smell foes, and possibly sense their movement. Due to their eagerness, however, Deino have more energy than a normal Pokémon.
Gible (Dragon/Ground): Gible can effectively "swim" through the ground, able to dig very quickly and nimbly. While it can do this underground to some extent, it moves the fastest when just below the surface, its fin sticking out of the ground. Gible's large teeth and firm jaw give it a slight boost in power to all biting attacks. Gible can see in the dark.
THIS BIT HERE

Gible starts off this bout by doing the cha cha slide with some Swords. Quite a... weird Dance if you ask me, but Gible seems to be enjoying it. However its short lived, as Deino proceeds to Taunt his dancing, even though he can't actually see it. It's enough to anger Gible, and make him quit his dance career all together. He decides to take revenge for this by approaching Deino, charging ground energy into his body, and slamming Deino to the ground with a DC Earthquake. Deino doesn't like this one bit, and retaliates with his angered aura, releasing it in the form of Dark Pulse. It connects with the land... shark... thing... and deals some solid damage.

What a heated first round. Two heavy blows and a dance party have already happened; nothing is predictable in this match, or any match for that matter. Lets go to macro for the stats.

Macro: Processing...

Deino: Took significant damage this round, well into the first quarter. Used some energy, but its no problem, especially for a Deino.

Gible: Took solid damage, into the first quarter but faring better than Deino. Used some good energy there, but its no problem for the moment.

Orders from Herp.

EDIT: Just sayin', I'm not using Macrosoft for every single reffing, I'll use other stuff.

LC: Can I just make it crystal clear once again that I am not fooled by everything above the Big Red Bit i've labelled on this ref application. It's great that you know how to do all that, but people are padding it out now and then the actual reffing ends up being 150 words long like this one. On the actual reffing, I'd expect to see more damage from a directly prior Swords Danced, Taunted Earthquake...but the major issue here is that there's no real description, just attempts at humour and ellipses. Rejected.

Last edited by Lonely Cubone; 10-19-2011 at 05:41 PM.
Midgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 07:02 PM   #62
XanderKetsu
Rainbow Badge

Send a message via AIM to XanderKetsu Send a message via Skype™ to XanderKetsu
Match 1
Match 2(This match had to be redone, so this a link to the finished one, further in the thread.)

With this sudden increase of newbies, I figure the band of referees could do with another addition to the force. If I pass, I pass. If I fail, you'll see me again in two weeks. Here goes...

Today in this house of martial arts, we have two trainers, both deciding to have an all Fighting type match, Alice and Bob. And what better place is the local dojo! The two stand off at different ends of the arena, staring each other down. I enter the scene, with the goddess incarnate Amateratsu at my side.

Quote:
3 vs 3
Single
48 HR DQ
Slapstick
Return = KO
Equilevel 3
Arena: Dojo
Quote:
Dojo (Indoor. Advanced Arena for Indoor Battles): An advanced level arena, not recommended for novice referees or trainers. A small wooden building, with about half the space of a normal arena. Subject to the effects of outside weather, and in particular nasty situations could be ripped apart by that weather.
Special Rules: Confined, Exposed to outside, Ridiculously Easily Destroyed.
Optional Special Rules: Onlookers, Weather (Any). May not have an Announcer, Artificial Lighting (Any), Battle Platforms, Fire Sprinklers, Grandstand, or a Stadium.
Now I'd like a quick clean battle, with little to no agruements. Pretty sure you guys want your KOs and TP as fast as possible, and I want my crack. SP. Yes, yes, SP... Delcious SP...

: *Ahem*

Thank you Ammy. Alice, send me your squad, first 'mon and orders. Bob, you do the same. Once both are in, I'll ref. Then Bob orders, Alice orders, I ref. Switch the pattern, I ref. Go it? Then let's get this started.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alice
Toxicroak, let's do this. Cross Chop to Poison Jab.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob
Gotcha. Gurdurr, you're up. Mach Punch, then I-beam Hammer Arm.
And so begins the match! The two trainers toss aside their balls, revealing their respective Pokemon, Toxicroak, a creepy frog with a nice typing, on Alice's side, a Gurdurr, and clone of the Machop line made of their muscles, siding with Bob.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokeDex
Toxicroak: (Poison/Fighting) Croagunk has sacs in its mouth that store toxins. Utilizing these stored poisons, Poison attacks from the mouth take slightly less energy. The claws on its hands secrete poison, and attacks using hands have an additional 10% chance of poisoning.
Quote:
Gurdurr: (Fighting) Gurdurr carry around heavy I-beam which can be used in Physical attacks involving smashing the f. Using it this way grants them a fair boost in power (~25%) for an equivalent increase in energy use and a significant drop in speed. The beam can be dropped by Gurburr to execute an attack under normal conditions and can be stolen from it, though it is very heavy and the Theif must be quite strong to do so.
Gurdurr makes the first move, rushing Toxicroak at Mach speeds, bruising the fighting frog with a quick Punch to Toxicroak's gut. Toxicroak responds by raising her arms above her head, one aCross another, and brings it down against Gurdurr's head in a Chopping motion. She immediately goes into her next attack, Jabbing her hooked claw into his arm, secreting it with Poison. But Gurdurr makes a comeback! Taking his I-beam resting upon his shoulder, and cradling it in his Arms, the pink muscle mass swings the sturdy piece of steel as one would a Hammer, crashing into Toxicroak's flank.

Summary:

Toxicroak isn't looking to good Health wise, took a brutal blow from the Hammer Arm, and a good way into the first quarter. She used a heavy amount of energy, and just entered her first quarter.

Gurdurr didn't get off scot free. He's a good way into his first quarter of health, but still going strong. He used a significant amount of energy, entering his quarter. Hammer Arm took a toll on him as well, his speed and agility will have a temporary decrease. He is also poisoned, and will start taking damage next round.

Bob, your move.

LC: See my point on the reffing application above. This reffing is 99 words long. If it's under 100, I'm not even looking at the content, sorry. Rejected.

DAMMIT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Char View Post
Or...do you?

Last edited by Lonely Cubone; 10-19-2011 at 05:44 PM.
XanderKetsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 09:15 AM   #63
ROFLMAO
Thunder Badge

Meowth Ref Application :3

Two Matches:
vs. GoodNews92
vs. XanderKetsu

Welcome everybody to what is probably the most boring/basic arena in the ASB, the Lawn Arena.

Reginald P. Haywater (c) vs. Sir Frankly Hufferbottom III
6 vs. 6
Single Battle
Slapstick
Return=KO
24 Hour DQ
Lawn Arena-
Lawn (Outdoor. Standard Arena for Outdoor Battles): A basic, standard terrain. Nothing special. The "Grass Field" arena from the Indigo Pokémon League in the anime is a prime example of a Lawn Arena.

We’ve got two newbies facing off here today, so I don’t know either of you, though I do like your names :3 This should be a fairly good length match, but without further ado, let’s get this show on the road.

Order is as follows:
As challenger, Reggie will post his squad first.
The good Sir Hufferbottom will then post his squad and sent out a Pokémon.
Reggie will then send out and order an attack.
Frankly then orders his attack.
I ref.
Sir Hufferbottom orders.
Reggie orders.
I ref.
Order reverses and so on.

Good Luck to the both of you C:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reginald P. Haywater
Carnivorous Hastings: Level 4 Male Feraligatr
No Sig.
Falliasiau Forous: Level 5 Female Gengar
No Sig.
Kevine Heedshire: Level 4 Male Quagsire
No Sig.
Cutesy Snifferhanky: Level 4 Male Raichu
No Sig.
Sillius Sausagestein: Level 4 Male Steelix
No Sig.
Blithering Imbecile: Level 4 Female Mr. Mime
No Sig.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Frankly Hufferbottom
Petunia Cliffley: Level 4 Female Honchkrow
No Sig.
Alsworther Pillshard: Level 4 Female Musharna
No Sig.
Eduardo Habera: Level 4 Male Ludicolo
No Sig.
Confuzzlee Herbivee: Level 4 Female Spinda
No Sig.
Lady Splashsworthy: Level 4 Female Magikarp
No Sig.
Oddball Strangemeadow: Level 5 Male Vileplume
No Sig.
Go, Oddball Strangemeadow!
Quote:
Get in there, you Blithering Imbecile!

Psychic Wave. Follow that up with Signal Beam.
Quote:
Oddball, don't take that sort of treatment from an Imbecile!

Let her attacks hit you. Then once her attacks are complete, take your frustrations out on her! Next, give her an energy ball. End with Sludge Bomb, aim for the face if possible (three mover confirmed)
Okay, orders received, we are ready to go!

The battle starts with our two trainers who have very long names sending pokemon who have very long names into battle. The Poké Ball from Reginald P.'s corner opening an a burst of red light to form a Mr. Mime, rather meanly named Blithering Imbecile. Sir Frankly's Poké Ball erupts with red light as well, taking the shape of his uplevel, a Vileplume named Oddball Strangemeadow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PASBL Website
Mr. Mime (Psychic): Mr. Mime are mainly proficient in wall defensive attacks, and can perform such moves (Barrier, Light Screen, Reflect, etc.) almost instantaneously.

Vileplume (Grass/Poison): Vileplume’s head is heavy, making movement harder for it. However, it smells absolutely horrible. Any Pokémon within 10 feet of it has a 50% chance of not executing an attack, as the smell makes it hard to concentrate. The smell also reduces their attack for 3 rounds.
The action gets underway as Blithering Imbecile is disgusted by the pungent odour that Oddball is giving off. She sends a wave of Psychic energy at him anyway to show her disgust, slamming into Oddball for some SE damage. The imbecilic mime then begins to charge a beam of bug-type energy which is then promptly fired at the Vile flower, as if to signal her disgust and the flower seems happy to sit back and take the beam and it hits for some good damage.

After the beam hits, Oddball no longer seems too happy to be the target of Blithering Imbecile's insulting signals and begins to attack. Promptly marching over to the Imbecile, who looks very uncomfortable as he approaches, with good reason, because Oddball proceeds to slap her silly, taking out her frustrations on the Imbecile for some solid damage. Oddball then begins charging a ball of grass-type energy. This is then fired from point-blank range, collecting Imbecile in the chest for some solid damage.

With the energy ball a success and his frustrations taken out, Oddball looks happy with himself, not happy enough though, it would seem, as he decides that it would be nice to gather the upper hand as well. He then proceeds to show his own disgust with the Mime's behaviour towards him, spewing out some bubbles of Toxic gloop, all of which slam into the blithering imbecile, causing a series of explosions and dealing her some significant damage, as well as creating some distance between the battlers, enough for Blithering Imbecile to stop holding her breath, anyway.

Stats-

Blithering Imbecile took some massive damage this round. Now sitting a minor way above the 3/4 mark. Energy use wasn't that taxing, a solid way off of perfect, Bug is at 3/4.

Oddball Strangemeadow took some high damage, but his level advantage helped him. He's now a moderate way above 3/4. Energy use was considerable, a good way above 3/4.

Sir Hufferbottom has used one of his three-movers for this match.

Orders please, Sir Hufferbottom.

LC: Seriously, I do want to approve someone today. Especially as you have me in your avatar. But yeah, this is great from a content point of view but seriously, Frustration, Sludge Bomb and Energy Ball altogether don't do a quarter damage from an uplevel Pokémon? I'd expect both Pokémon here to be into their second quarters, and I'm also concerned that you allowed "wait until it's done and then three moves" without any dodging/mention of attempts to dodge/rounds ending or whatever. Rejected, with regret.
Wins- 24 ~ Losses- 14 ~ Draws- 1
TP- 154 KOs- 52 SP- 15
Current Number of Pokemon on the Squad: 38

Friend Codes:
Y/Smash Bros- (I pay more attention to this one :P) FS- Gabite, Noibat, Druddigon; 1993-9521-9013

X- FS- Gyarados, Bibarel, Poliwhirl; 0645-5911-9507

Last edited by Lonely Cubone; 10-19-2011 at 05:50 PM.
ROFLMAO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 01:12 AM   #64
pengyzu
heiir of liife

Send a message via Skype™ to pengyzu
Sneasel My App

Battles:
pengyzu vs. biggggg5 (Won)
pengyzu vs. Salamencia (Draw)

The Scene
The Serene Sounds

What a lovely day for some fun on the beach! As we close in on one of the most serene beaches in the PASBL universe, we notice a young kid playing with his Pokemon in the crystal-clear water. He seems to have built a sand castle and is probably enjoying the company of his friends on such a fine day of relaxation. But what’s this? Two young and eager trainers suddenly rush up to him and start to talk to him about something.

As the trainers finish talking to this young lad, they station each other at opposite ends and look at each other with zest and smiles on their faces. People start crowding to see what would happen in the match today. Wow! It seems as though this young kid is our referee, who knew? Now let’s get back to reality and start the match!

“Welcome one and all to this match between Dilan and Aaron! I’ve known these two for years and they have a reputation for being friendly rivals. Today, I would referee a match between the two in the Soggy Shore Beach arena, with the help of my trusty talkative partner, Tan-tan!"

(Tan-tan): Be careful not to break anything at this beautiful place, okay?

Arena:
Soggy Shore Beach (Outdoor Custom Arena): A Beach filled with sands of white. The shore stretches far into the distance, proving this beach's massive size. The waters rush to the shore only to be pulled back by the clear, sparkling waters of the ocean. Moving upwards palm trees are scattered about, some within groups, others alone. To the very left of the beach, within its waters, stretches a wall of stone into its depths. Gazing down the beach's shore, and arcing shape may be noticed. Although there isn't much to this location, it makes for an ample battleground. Many battles have been fought here in the past, their scars washed away by the mending waves of the ocean.

"The match will be a one-on-one head-on match! All of their Pokemon will be reduced to their Level 1 form and level! The match will not cause any injury for they have agreed upon the Slapstick ruling.

The order is simple:

Since Dilan is our challenger, he would need to state his squad of six first, followed by Aaron’s squad which also includes the Pokemon he would be using in this matchup. Dilan must send out his Pokemon and orders; after which, Aaron must order against it! Once that is done, the order of their commands must be reversed and repeated.

Good luck to both our battlers; let’s all hope for a good match!

Allons-y!”

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron
Squads posted. Let’s show them what we can do! Go, King Boo the Gastly!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilan
Come on out, Pringles the male Frillish!

Use Hydro Pump and then Dive down the water
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron
Use Shadow Ball before he gets to dive! Then follow him underwater and use a close range Thunder.
Round 1: Failing Logic

The two young trainers start out by tossing a ball of white and red from each side. A bolt of red lightning comes out of the balls and out comes the Pokemon owned by our competitors. On Dilan’s side, we have Pringles the male Frillish named after the famous potato-based snack. Probably because of his evolution looking like Pringle Man! On Aaron’s side, we have King Boo the Gastly, named after King Boo of the Mario Bros. series!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokedex
Gastly (Ghost/Poison): The only ghost that is in ethereal/gaseous form all the time. It cannot attain a solid form except when it becomes invisible. As a trade-off for its near complete physical immunity, it remains slower than most ghosts. Gastly can fly, though it is not as fast or agile as true flying pokémon or other ghosts and cannot fly as high as they can. It can see in the dark.

Ghost: See ghost rules (Here)
Poison: If not completely immune, poison types are highly resistant to poisoning.

Frillish (Water/Ghost): Despite their resemblance to jellies, Frillish can actually survive outside of the water for long periods of time, and, additionally, are able to float above the ground. While not particularly fast or nimble, they can maneuver with some decent ability.

Water: Water Pokémon are able to hold their breath and/or breathe under water. The time varies, from about half an hour to one hour for reptilians and mammals, and indefinitely for fish and squid like Pokémon. They are also, generally, good swimmers.
Ghost: See ghost rules (Here)
“We have a ghost face-off in today’s match, sporting an interesting matchup and promising a good battle. The round’s beginning is marked by the orders of both trainers. Pringles is ordered to use one of the most powerful water-type moves. He looks straight into King Boo’s massive eyes and starts out by unleashing a powerful Pump of Hydro from his mouth. Normally, this would do major damage to a Pokemon with neutrality against water but thanks to a Gastly’s natural ability to stay in ethereal form, the move completely passes through the laughing ghost type sustaining no damage as Dilan’s face slaps his hand.”

(Tan-tan): Damage? What damage? There’s no such thing as damage! Damage is just a myth.

”Umm… Okay? Excuse my friend there… he’s just being silly. Now, following Aaron’s orders, King Boo gathers Shadows from the surrounding into a Ball of ghost energy. He fires it at Pringles with a big smug smile on his face, hitting the floating jelly right in the face before getting to dive down the beautiful waters, sustaining a lot of damage to Pringles.

Pringles then dives down into the water in hopes of escaping the dangers of the joker named King Boo; but alas, King Boo follows the writhing Pringles into the water. King Boo, charges as stupid amount of electric energy and then zaps Pringles with the cackling Thunder of electricity in close proximity giving the beaten Frillish a hard time from escaping pain. Although incredibly hurt, no paralysis results from this assault. But wait! There’s more. Due to the fact our young Gastly used a powerful electric type move underwater, King Boo suffers recoil from his attack because of water’s (especially sea water’s) conductive properties.

Tan-tan! Give me the conditions of our battlers please.”

(Tan-tan): You got it!

Conditions:
Pringles received a ginormous amount of typespam from his competitor; much to his and Dilan’s dismay. Pringles’ health is now a mild way over his last quarter because of this. He can take another high-powered move before fainting as he looks incredibly beaten. Although he did use a relatively small amount of energy compared to King Boo. Energy levels are about a heavy way below perfect because of the familiarity to water moves and the fact there's a big body of water surrounding him.

King Boo on the other hand, is doing incredibly better than Pringles in terms of health. Suffering only from a Thunderbolt’s worth of recoil because of his non-familiarity with electricity and the conductive properties of the water. His health is a significant way below perfect. His energy usage is rather big leaving him about a mild way over his second quarter. He might be a little tired next round because of the combination of high-powered attacks. His electric energy reservoir was depleted because of the Thunder, only a minor amount of electric energy is left.

“That ends our first round, giving Aaron the lead in this battle! Will Dilan be able to turn the tables? We’ll see.”

(Tan-tan): It's Aaron's turn to order first. Good luck!

(Just so people know, I ref health with 4 HB and Energy as 6)

LC: A difficult one. Technically, this is excellent and whilst I feel you've perhaps been a bit harsh on the health stakes for Frillish, that's not a major issue. My main problem here is that you have simply tried too hard: there's no way you could produce anything like this in every single round of a match, particularly if you are reffing multiple matches. As a result, I simply don't believe this representative of what you might be doing as a referee: This is more fanfiction than reffing and I hope you can understand where I'm coming from when I say I'd have preferred to see a smaller, perfectly formed reffing here rather than this behemoth.

PM me for the test, but please, try and reign it in a bit unless you feel you can genuinely write every reffing the length of a small novel.

Last edited by Lonely Cubone; 10-19-2011 at 06:05 PM.
pengyzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 10:51 PM   #65
Roglef
Thunder Badge

Match 1
Match 2
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now for the fun.

Hitler (A) Vs. Darth Vader (C)
3 vs. 3
Slapstick
Return=KO
Clay Arena

Alright. Two seasoned baddies making it to the clay arena today, and boy, do they look angry. This is the second grudge match between the two competitors, the first being clearly one sided, and they choose to have a pokemon battle to be the deciding factor in their rivalry.

Lets take a look at today's arena.

Quote:
Clay (Outdoor. Standard Arena for Outdoor Battles): A basic, standard terrain. Nothing special. The arena used for the 5th round of the Indigo Pokémon League in the anime is a prime example of a Clay Arena.
Pretty boring, but its bright and sunny today, so hopefully the match will be exciting!

Hitler: "Clearly the Aryan choice, go Pikachu!
DV: "Go, Houndour! Use Crunch followed by a flamethrower."
Hitler: Pikachu, try to douse his fire with a Rain Dance, followed by Thunderbolt."

Two flashes of light are emitted from the pokeballs of the two tyrants of the past. On one side of the clay arena, stands Pikachu. On the other, a Houndour. Stats please!

Tiktok: *Snore* Huh? What? Oh yeah!

Quote:
Pikachu: (Electric): The most popular Pokémon, Pikachu is the most agile of its evolutionary line, if not the fastest. Pikachu have sensitive hearing, at the expense of increased vulnerability to sound attacks.
Quote:
[Electric]: Electric types, in general, prefer areas where their electric attacks are most accurate. Thus, while hot temperatures don’t bother them, the fact that heat refracts electricity doesn’t appeal to them.
Quote:
Houndour (Dark/Fire): Houndour can see in the dark, and has sensitive hearing, at the expense of increased vulnerability to sound attacks. Much like the Growlithe family, while more reluctant to bond, they are fiercely loyal to those who earn their trust. Houndour and Houndoom have a unique language (composed of barks and howls) that only they understand. In events like the Grand Melee, trainers may order their Houndour or Houndoom to deliver a message in such a language. Only trainers with Houndour or Houndoom will be able to understand the message.
Quote:
[Dark]: Dark types can see in the dark. They prefer to fight at night, however light does not adversely affect them.
Quote:
[Fire]: Fire types love hot temperatures. Most can survive in hot liquids/molten lava for an extended period of time (indefinitely in the case of Magby, Magmar, Slugma and Magcargo). If a fire Pokémon has a flame somewhere on its body, it will take extra damage if a water attack hits the flame. Otherwise, fire Pokémon are not adversely affected by taking dips in bodies of water, so long as the time is short (except for the above 4 Pokémon, who will take damage the longer they are in the water). Instead of being automatically 2x weak to Water, they take 150% of the damage if hit on their bodies, but take 210+% if hit on open flames.
Thanks, Tiktok!

It’s an interesting match-up. Let’s get to the battle. Houndour decides to get his daily omnoms in by taking a crunch on Hitler’s Pikachu for some heavy damage. Pikachu shrugs off the attack and begins doing a little jig, a dance, to summon some rain. Clouds begin to form over our dry clay arena, but there is no rain yet. Houndour doesn’t like the looks of this, and decides to send a raging flamethrower at Pikachu, doing significant damage but not leaving a burn thanks to the lord Arr-en-gee. The anti-semetic Pikachu, clearly pissed, decides to send an equally powerful thunderbolt right at the Houndour to strike for significant damage as well but, again, not inducing any status effects on the pup.

Let’s recap!
Pikachu took very heavy damage this round, leaving him a bit under the three quarters mark, but closer to three quarters than half. He also used a good amount of energy, though not as much as Houndour. He is still relatively fresh.

Houndour took heavy damage this round, but less than Pikachu. He is a slight amount over the three quarters mark. He used more energy than Pikachu this round, but is still ready to go and fresh.

The stage has a few dark clouds forming over the arena. Due to the dryness of the arena, it is not yet raining, but you can expect it to begin to drizzle in the next round, followed by a downpour in the rounds after that.

You order first, mein fuhrer. . . err. I mean. . . Hitler. Then master Darthnormous. . .eh. . . Vader, may follow.

This one was borderline. Once again, the reffing is incredibly short, 119 words for the actual events of the round, and the lame humour doesn't fully disguise the lack of much description of the attacks, their effects, the Pokemon, their movements, actions and reactions. However, the mathsy bit is solid enough and the reffing is passable, if barely.

PM me for the test, but please bare in mind the above when completing it.

Last edited by Lonely Cubone; 10-19-2011 at 06:18 PM.
Roglef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 01:29 PM   #66
Midgeorge
Marsh Badge

This one
And this one

Quote:
1vs1
Singles
DQ = 48 hr
Hidden Squad
Switch = KO
Lawn Arena
Welcome one and all to the... lawn arena? Seriously? *sigh*
Well theres 2 trainers and they like pokemon and they're going to battle eachother, yadayadayada. My assistant today will be Static, my faithful Electrike.

Static: Where the battle at dude? -sniff- I'm ill. Don't tell me you've brought me out for nothing.

Patience Static, all in good time. The trainers have PM'ed their pokemon and orders, and are ready for battle. Lets begin!

Quote:
Herp: Go Chinchou!

Confuse Ray, Hydro Pump. If the foe is resistant to it, Thunderbolt instead.
Quote:
Derp: GLGLGL

Gogogo Rhyhorn.

Lets hope he does what we think he will. Take Down, Bide.
Our two trainers, Herp, and Derp, have both sent out their pokemon, and what a choice of pokemon they are. From Herp we have chinchou, a cute little fella with some nasty good typing. From Derp, we have almost the opposite. Derp has called upon his trusty Rhyhorn to do the job, an intimidating beast, with an astounding movepool to boot. However, that huge weakness to Water may be a big problem to Rhyhorn.

Static: This is exactly why I Freaking. Love. Chinchou's. They're like 'Ground types? You think they can touch me? You think me being part electic is a problem? Take a Hydro Pump to the face.' -sniff-

You said it... anyway, lets look at the stats.

Quote:
Chinchou (Water/Electric): Chinchou are fish, and thus are slow and nearly immobile on land, but are faster and more agile in the water. Whenever a Chinchou uses an electric attack in the water, it creates a small amount of electricity around it, shocking anything in the water with it within 10 feet of it (damage is considered equal to half a Thundershock for the most powerful electric attacks). As an electric type, it is immune to recoil from using electric attacks in the water or during a Rain Dance. It may also use its antennas as a light source in the same way that the Mareep family does with their tails.
[Water]: Water Pokémon are able to hold their breath and/or breathe under water. The time varies, from about half an hour to one hour for reptilians and mammals, and indefinitely for fish and squid like Pokémon. They are also, generally, good swimmers.
Quote:
Rhyhorn (Ground/Rock): Slung low to the ground, Rhyhorn are excellent at charging and tackling attacks. Any ramming attacks a Rhyhorn uses are more effective, as a Rhyhorn will be able to hit the Pokémon and keep running, adding a little “trampling” damage.
[Rock]: Rock types generally have hard bodies, which makes them resistant to unskilled (non-fighting) blows. However, most are so heavy that they will sink in water, so they stay away from deep-water sources if possible. Rock types prefer heat to cold.
[Ground]: Ground Pokémon are considered to be immune to electricity while standing on the ground. If a Ground Pokémon is in the air, they take 75% the normal damage from electric attacks. If a ground type is wet, electric attacks affect it normally (unless the Pokémon is naturally wet/slimy, like Quagsire).
Two excellently engineered pokemon. Well, no need to let you wait any longer for anything to happen. Let the match begin!

Round 1 - Bide is good if you're being attacked

Chinchou takes the first move in this round. She starts off by quickly flashing her Lanterns, sending out some Confuseing Ray's of yellow light towards Rhyhorn. Rhyhorn, with no orders to do anything otherwise, can't help but stare at the pretty colours, and his mind becomes scrambled. At a frantic attempt to get the colours to stop punching his salad, Chinchou smirks, and takes advantage of this derp by exploiting Rhyhorns major weakness; typespam. Chinchou forms a huge amount of water energy in its mouth, and blasts it at the helpless Rock/Ground type. Rhyhorn doesn't even know how to wish for his mummy, as the torrent of water smashes into Rhyhorn, dealing an unreal amount of damage. This does knock Rhyhorn back into its senses though, and he realises that he's in agonising pain. Rhyhorn doesn't look too happy with Chinchou, and starts running at full speed towards her, wanting to Take her Down for what she did. Chinchou's smile is wiped from her face, as Rhyhorn takes his revenge, and flattens her. Rhyhorn doesn't particularly feel like waiting around, Bideing for an attack that isn't going to happen, and so doesn't, as the round comes to an end, with Rhyhorn looking like he's been hit by a bus.

Static: NO CHINCHOU! MY LOVE! -sniff-

Yes... Well... lets look over what happened that round.

Chinchou took an early lead this round, putting a huge gap between their health. She took a Major hit, thanks to the extra bit of trampling damage in Rhyhorns SC, and is now a Mild way above the first quarter, in that respect. She also used a lot of energy, a moderate way above the first quarter already.

Rhyhorn is... fucked. He lost a catastrophic amount of health, just into the final quarter on that respect. He used some energy, but that isn't the major issue here.

Orders from Herp.

Hoping this will do it.

Elsie: Looks good to me, a little extreme as a scenario but I suppose sending out a Rhyhorn in a blind round is a bit daft. PM me to take the test and we'll try you out. Apologies for the wait.

Last edited by Lonely Cubone; 12-17-2011 at 01:06 PM.
Midgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 05:37 AM   #67
ROFLMAO
Thunder Badge

GOGOGO ATTEMPT TWO!!

Welcome everybody to what is probably the most boring/basic arena in the ASB, the Lawn Arena.

Reginald P. Haywater (c) vs. Sir Frankly Hufferbottom III
6 vs. 6
Single Battle
Slapstick
Return=KO
24 Hour DQ
Lawn Arena-

We’ve got two newbies facing off here today, so I don’t know either of you, though I do like your names :3 This should be a fairly good length match, but without further ado, let’s get this show on the road.

Order is as follows:
As challenger, Reggie will post his squad first.
The good Sir Hufferbottom will then post his squad and sent out a Pokémon.
Reggie will then send out and order an attack.
Frankly then orders his attack.
I ref.
Sir Hufferbottom orders.
Reggie orders.
I ref.
Order reverses and so on.

Good Luck to the both of you C:

Quote:
Carnivorous Hastings: Level 4 Male Feraligatr
No Sig.
Falliasiau Forous: Level 5 Female Gengar
No Sig.
Kevine Heedshire: Level 4 Male Quagsire
No Sig.
Cutesy Snifferhanky: Level 4 Male Raichu
No Sig.
Sillius Sausagestein: Level 4 Male Steelix
No Sig.
Blithering Imbecile: Level 4 Female Mr. Mime
No Sig.
Quote:
Petunia Cliffley: Level 4 Female Honchkrow
No Sig.
Alsworther Pillshard: Level 4 Female Musharna
No Sig.
Eduardo Habera: Level 4 Male Ludicolo
No Sig.
Confuzzlee Herbivee: Level 4 Female Spinda
No Sig.
Stinkybottom Ewslake: Level 4 Female Muk
No Sig.
Oddball Strangemeadow: Level 5 Male Vileplume
No Sig.
Go, Stinkybottom Ewslake!
Quote:
Get in there, you Blithering Imbecile!

Psychic Wave. Follow that up with another!
Quote:
By jolly.. This most likely will not end well.

Take the Psychic wave, then hit it with a Shadow Ball! Then take Psybeam, get close and Explosion on it's bottom. I really am sorry for this my good chap.
Okay, orders received, we are ready to go!

The battle starts with our two trainers who have very long names sending pokemon who have very long names into battle. The Poké Ball from Reginald P.'s corner opening an a burst of red light to form a Mr. Mime, rather meanly named Blithering Imbecile. Sir Frankly's Poké Ball erupts with red light as well, taking the shape of his dirty greaseball, Stinkybottom Ewslake the Muk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PASBL Website
Mr. Mime (Psychic): Mr. Mime are mainly proficient in wall defensive attacks, and can perform such moves (Barrier, Light Screen, Reflect, etc.) almost instantaneously.

Muk (Poison): These Pokémon are made up of poisonous substances made of liquid slime. Thus, toxic or polluted chemicals heal them instead of harm them. The same is true for poison attacks. Muk cannot see in complete darkness, though they see better than most in low light. Muk also leave poison in their path, poisoning the ground and leaving a substance that can cause minor poisoning to Pokémon if they come in contact with it. They are also very flexible, and can fit through gaps that most Pokémon of their size couldn't. Their bodies absorb physical blows, and physical projectiles, making all attacks in these manners 85% effective. However, as the slime is liquidized, they take slightly more damage from electric attacks.
The action gets underway as Blithering Imbecile is disgusted by her toxic, pungent opponent. She sends a wave of Psychic energy at him to show her disgust, slamming into Stinkybottom for some extremely solid damage. That hit pisses Stinkybottom off quite a lot and to show his anger, he sends a ball filled with energy of the shadows towards his imbecilic opponent. Slamming into her and exploding on impact, causing her some massive damage.

Blithering Imbecile is not just going to sit and take that though. She picks herself up and sends another wave of Psychic energy towards Stinkybottom, collecting him and dealing him another bout of extreme damage. Stinkybottom is looking ready to give up at this point, but decides going out with a bang could be a very good idea given the circumstances. He gets close to Blithering Imbecile, who looks first disgusted, then increasingly worried as Stinkybottom begins to glow white, being the Imbecile she is, she realizes what's about to happen with little time to spare and thinks "HOLY FUCKING SHIT I NEED TO GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE!" (In Mr. Mime talk or whatever she speaks of course) but sadly for our imbecilic friend, Stinkybottom asplodes and she is very close. Dealing her extreme damage and as the dust settles, only one is standing, luckily for the Blithering Imbecile, it's her.

STINKYBOTTOM EWSLAKE IS UNABLE TO BATTLE, NEXT POKEMON AND ORDERS, PLEASE, SIR FRANK!

Stats-

Blithering Imbecile took a critical amount of damage this round. Health is at a solid amount left. Energy use was heavy, a minor way above three-quarters.

Next Pokemon and orders from Sir Frank, if you'd please.

Elsie: I'm sceptical of the value of this in judging your reffing skills as it's a ridiculously contrived round...I'm also a little concerned about the complete lack of any attempts to escape a full energy explosion, but there's nothing so wrong with this that I'm rejecting it- approved to take the test, but for others I'd ask that the scenario vaguely resembles a real battle...PM me.

Last edited by Lonely Cubone; 12-17-2011 at 01:09 PM.
ROFLMAO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 05:41 PM   #68
brandan
The Lord of the Derp

Quote:
Trainer 1: Good luck. Golbat your up
Quote:
Trainer 2: Thanks, you to. Ill use Electabuzz. Thunderbolt then Thunderwave.
Quote:
Trainer 1:Try and stop him with a super sonic. Then use toxic.
The Trainers walk onto the Clay arena, it is highly maintained field and in perfect condition. Lets correct this. Welcome to today's battle with each trainer ready to fight we watch as the trainers send out their first Pokemon. First we have a nameless Golbat that appear through the red beam of the poke ball. To counter Golbat is a shameless type spam, Electabuzz.

*Flips Pokedex*

POKEDEX

Quote:
Well with that out of the way lets get to what we all came here to see. The battle, or my terrible reffing fails. To start Ellectabuzz starts of by twirling his arms fast, they get faster and faster that they become a blur. Then as all the static energy is collected, with a huge CRACK the sound of thunder is herd as a thunderbolt is sent right at Golbat. Golbat screams as he sees his death approach, which is laced with his sonar waves at a high volume. The super sonic hits Electabuzz scrambling his brain. Though the Golbats attack hits it does not stop the giant bolt of lighting from making him extra crispy, the bolt totally smacking the wide open bat for a super effective hit. Ouch...Well Electabuzz is so out of it all he can do is just stare blank eyed and open mouthed at his enemy, with a little drool oozing out. Well Golbat is lucky to escape paralyzing effects, and as the shock wheres off he is really pissed off. He gathers a lot of energy so he can do one of the ultimate insults, he spits on Electabuzz's face. BUT WAIT! This is no ordinary saliva its poisonous. One may call it toxic. The glob hits Electabuzz strait in the face. With his mouth wide open most of it gets in his stomach. Eww. The bitter taste and the smack has regained some mental awareness from Electabuzz so he may not be totality screwed over next round. He may puke though.

Electabuzz: No real damage but is confused. Energy was high yet not to bad as he only did a one mover round. Poison will take effect after the next round.

Golbat:Took a massive hit and is a fair bit away from half health. Energy use was greater then Electabuzz, and will not need a to big of a rest. Will have an advantage with derp from Electabuzz.

(Sorry picture had to be updated as it went blank)

Elsie: Ye gads, I'm not sure there's anything bad enough for me to reject here. Once again, your spelling and grammar is pretty shocking, but we'll see how you do on a test. I like the arena image though...ready the barrel scraping equipment. PM me to take it.

Last edited by Lonely Cubone; 12-17-2011 at 01:12 PM.
Old 12-12-2011, 06:35 AM   #69
Snorby
Lacking in Beef

http://forums.upnetwork.net/showthread.php?t=3642
and
http://serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=551710

Huzzah for my first attempt @ this that will probably fail.

This will be a battle between Jim (c) vs Joe (a) in the clay arena!

6 vs 6 (lol)
24 hour DQ
Return = Ko
Slapstick

It shall go like this:
Joe posts squad of six
Jim posts his squad and sends out poke
Joe sends out poke and orders
Jim counter orders
I ref
reverse I.e Jim orders, Joe counter orders

Let's start, shall we Jim?

Quote:
Jim: GO! CHIMCHAR!
Quote:
Joe: Go, Piplup. Use Hydro Pump and Bubble Beam
Quote:
Jim: Chimchar, Dig to dodge! Then use Slash

Well, after that long line of quotes, let's get started. Jim enthusiastically sends out a Chimchar, whom pounds his chest and puffs out a small flame, to make himself look powerful. He's cockiness soon dissipates, however, as Joe sends out a Piplup, putting him at a major disadvantage. Piplup starts off quickly and powerfully by using a Hydro Pump, which Chimchar tries to Dig away from. He gets his head in the hole, and- OUCH! The Hydro Pump hit smack on Chimchar's tail flame, soaking it through and through. Chimchar wails in pain and jumps out of the hole, looking for revenge. He runs right up to Piplup and Slashes across his face, dealing decent damage. Piplup glares at the flame monkey decides to get some revenge of it's own and uses a Bubblebeam attack, hitting Chimchar for good damage, and thus closing this round.

Chimchar took a bucketload of damage, already into the second quarter. He used minor energy, just a bit below perfect.

Piplup, on the other side of the field, was nearly the exact opposite. He took minor damage this round still just a bit under perfect, but used beyond extreme energy, it resting a mild way above the second corner.

Jim, would you mind giving your next orders in case this doesn't pass and I have to use this scenario again?

Oh my god exactly 200 words long for main paragraph + after round conditions

Elsie: Not awful, but Chimchar's health seems a bit too high in the circumstances...I struggle to see a Chimchar managing to Dig in Clay at all, but enough decent refs disagree with me for me to approve you for the test at least. PM me to take it...

Click on Fawful for my ASB squad summary. Other links coming soon.

Last edited by Lonely Cubone; 12-17-2011 at 01:15 PM.
Snorby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 04:20 PM   #70
Shuckle
Mage of Mind

Ooh, a 6v6 between two newbies - this ought to be fun. Not that I could be considered anything but a newbie for now *shakes TL1* ADVANCE. ADVANCE. ADVANCE.

Anyway, let's introduce the competitors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nurse Ratched
Hi there!

Smoochie-Poo: Level 1 Female Smoochum
Wigglekins: Level 1 Female Caterpie
Crunch-O-Stomper: Level 1 Female Trubbish
"Therapy": Level 1 "Female" Magnemite
Pinkiemunch: Level 2 Female Chansey
Surgery: Level 1 Male Scyther
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randle McMurphy
Nice to meet ya.

Punch'Em: Level 1 Male Machop
Not-Yet: Level 1 Female Buneary
Nearly There: Level 2 Female Kirlia
Protection: Level 1 Male Shieldon
Penetration: Level 1 Male Aerodactyl
Impregnation: Level 1 Male Shellder (don't ask)

Oooooookay. I really, REALLY don't want to ask. Orders, please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nurse Ratched
Go, Therapy! We'll give him Thundershock treatment and then finish up with a quick bit of surgery with a nice Double-Edged scalpel.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randle McMurphy
Impregnation! Neutralize her protections with a constricting Icy Wind, then penetrate with an Icicle Spear
Oh, God. Somebody else take this, please. THE REFERENCES, THEY BURN.
Quote:
Shellder: (Water) Shellder lacks legs, so its movement on land consists of hopping a few feet at a time. While swimming, Shellder opens and closes its shell to move through the water. A Shellder's shell is hard, reducing the damage from all attacks. The most vulnerable spot of a Shellder is its face, where its defense is considered to be halved.

Magnemite: (Electric/Steel) Moves using antigravity propulsion. While this limits its speed and flight ceilingť (how high it can float over the ground), this allows it to perform amazing aerial evasive maneuvers that cannot be performed by any other flier. Being inorganic, Magnemite cannot be affected by Poison in any way, unlike other Steel types who could be affected if the Poison is ingested internally.
Anyway, the Nurse sends out her...uh...Therapy, a Magnemite that for all intents and purposes behaves female. Randle summons up a Shellder who is interestingly enough named Impregnation, and the match begins with a nasty bolt of supposedly therapeutic lightning flying through the air - Thunder may be a bit of a misnomer, but at least the Shock part is on target. The web of electricity flies through the air, zapping Impregnation with a major hit of electrical power, which is not something clams are particularly good at resisting. Quite the opposite, in fact; the lightning is super effective against the little clam.

Impregnation then takes the initiative and blasts the floating magnet-thing with a constrictingly Icy blast of Wind; doubtless to take advantage of his partner's foe's weakness. A thin sheen of ice forms on Therapy's metallic surface, slowing her movements, and she floats slowly up to the little shell with malice in her eye.

Impregnation realizes that the situation probably looks worse than it really is and that it could probably be misconstrued in the eyes of the law, so he hops away in fright before getting slammed by a Double-Edged hit from those pointy little screws. Ice chips fly everywhere from the impact, hitting both for pathetic damage, and Therapy's speed is partially restored. It's not enough to make much of a difference, and she's still a little slow from that chill, but speed is not really an issue considering her opponent is a clam.

The cockel shakes himself a little weakened from the hit even though it was to the shell, turns around to face the robotic magnet, and concentrates, calling upon ancestors most profane to condense the moisture in the air to many sharp spears. He shows off his mussels to the Magnemite as he forces the sharp and pointy icicles to fly towards the unwary Therapy and hit it for some good damage, all told. The Magnemite looks unhappy and a little bit pained, but Impregnation looks almost like he's gloating. Therapy is still a tad slow, but movement has been all but restored.

At the end of the round, Therapy has used up a large amount of energy, and taken almost extreme damage all told, not yet into his second quarter of energy or health. Impregnation has used up an extreme amount of energy, tapping into his second quarter of energy, and he took a couple of decent hits, one of them super effective, landing him almost at the one-quarter mark in terms of health. Therapy should be back at full speed by the next hit, but aerial maneuverability should be restricted until that happens.

Nurse Ratched...do your...worst...

I understand that the damage counts are slightly high, and I certainly wouldn't ref anything else this way, but we're talking about a sociopath and a boxer here - the results have been slightly skewed. Nothing too drastic, but definitely screwed up. Heh.

Rejected, unless you hadn't figured from the first time I edited this post and the edit you put over the top. You seem to have got a bit carried away with damage.

Quote:

Last edited by Lonely Cubone; 01-05-2012 at 03:18 PM.
Old 12-22-2011, 04:04 PM   #71
Charminions
Your reality is mine

One
And two

Hello everyone, I am known as Charm and I will be the ref of this battle. This shall be a battle between two newbies, Hiro and Albert. The battle will take place at the lawn arena which is basically just a lawn; ugh how boring. Anyways, let's see the stats.

Quote:
Hiro (c) vs Albert (a)
1v1
Singles
72 HR DQ
Slapstick
Equilevel
Lawn Arena
So the order will go like this:
Hiro will post his squad of 6
Then Albert will post his squad of 6 as well as his first Pokemon
Hiro will send out his first mon with orders
Albert will order
I'll ref
Then it reverses

And now let's take a look at what our battlers will be sending out.

Quote:
Hiro: Go, Growlz!
Quote:
Albert: Come out, Croco. Use Aqua Jet then Water Pulse.
Quote:
Hiro: Oh crap, a Water type! Double-Edge! Then Toxic!
Hiro starts off by sending out a fiery canine, Growlz, a Growlithe. Growlz lets out a bark to show he's ready. On the other side, Albert sends out an aquatic croc, Croco, the Totodile. Looks like this match will be very tough for Hiro and Growlz because of the obvious type disadvantage.

Quote:
Growlithe (Fire): Arcanines and Growlithes are extremely loyal and brave. They are more likely to follow orders of their trainers, even if they consider such orders questionable. They are also more resistant to fear-inducing effects. Finally, their hearing is more sensitive than normal, at the expense of being more vulnerable to sound attacks.

Totodile (Water): Totodile is the slowest of the Totodile family, but the most agile. As an alligator Pokémon, the Totodile family has the strongest bite attack of any Pokémon relative to their size. However, their jaw muscles are meant for clamping down, not opening up: most Pokémon can easily keep them shut with their own hands. In wet arenas, the airholes on their snouts allow them to stay almost completely submerged while being able to see above the surface.
The battle begins with Croco surrounding himself in water and shooting himself forward like a jet, giving Growlz little time to react. The Aqua Jet slams into Growlz for considerable damage. Ouch, that typespam must have hurt. The fire dog winces back from the super effective attack and decides that it is his time for some payback. Charging at the Totodile, the Double-Edge slams hard into Croco, knocking him back a few feet and taking major damage. But that was not all, the Double-Edge also caused some light recoil damage for Growlz. Both Pokemon have taken some big hits but the round isn't over yet as Croco begins charging water energy into a sphere, the Water Pulse is shot at Growlz and bursts into water upon hitting him, dealing major damage. The Growlithe shrieks from the pain but soon starts wobbling around like a crazy drunk. Looks like confusion has set into Growlz from that Water Pulse. The pup isn't able to recall what his orders were and instead starts spinning around and smiling... err okay...

Growlz took over extreme damage. Already a solid way into his second quarter. His energy usage wasn't too bad and he's still pretty fresh, however, he's derping pretty hard at the moment.

Croco took major damage but is still pretty fresh. His energy usage was pretty low, only a considerable way past perfect.

Orders from Albert, please.

Elsie: Looks alright. Not really enough to make a definite judgement on, but PM to take the test and we'll see what we can do.

Last edited by Lonely Cubone; 01-05-2012 at 03:31 PM.
Charminions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 11:48 PM   #72
Shuckle
Mage of Mind

Shuckle

This time, it will be right! Right right right. Two matches completed.

Welcome to the ParanoiDome! Here, schizophrenics and psychotic have been constantly monitored as part of an ongoing government experiment to observe the activities of these disorders in everyday life! I would advise against drinking the water, and every sprinkler has a rainbow in its spray. In the center of the stadium is an elliptical field, and this is where we'll be battling today. Step on the platforms there...and there! And let those little helicopter blades carry you to a nice, safe position, as the field is quite small.

To begin, we have two relatively veteran competitors, one by the name of Talon87 and the other by the name of Satan. This ought to be a close one, determining from Satan's unholy reputation and Talon's swift demoralization of the Time Out thread. Let's begin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon87
Level 6 Male Absol
Level 6 Male Spiritomb
Level 6 Male Gengar
Level 6 Male Weezing
Level 6 Male Chandelure
Level 6 Male Tyranitar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Satan
Level 6 Male Tyranitar
Level 6 Male Tentacruel
Level 6 Male Spiritomb
Level 6 Female Banette
Level 6 Male Dusknoir
Level 6 Male Houndoom

Houndoom, strut your stuff and eat a few souls while you're out there, mmkay? Show 'em what a real hellhound is like.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon87
That's sooooo predictable Tyranitar, Stone Edge followed by a Direct Contact Earthquake!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Satan
Not so fast! Take the Stone Edge, but Counter the Earthquake and respond with Rock Smash! Give him HELL!
Oh, dear Lord. I mean great Satan! Please don't kill me! As our two competitors take the field, they both appear to be pretty evenly matched. This is going to be a tough fight. One sends out a Houndoom, the other a Tyranitar. They're both scary, so let's look at stats instead.
Quote:
Houndoom: (Dark/Fire) Any burns caused by a Houndoom’s attack do more damage than usual. A Houndoom can see in the dark, and has sensitive hearing, at the expense of increased vulnerability to sound attacks. Much like the Growlithe family, while more reluctant to bond, they are fiercely loyal to those who earn their trust. Houndour and Houndoom have a unique language (composed of barks and howls) that only they understand. In events like the Grand Melee, trainers may order their Houndour or Houndoom to deliver a message in such a language. Only trainers with Houndour or Houndoom will be able to understand the message.
Tyranitar: (Rock/Dark) Having gone through various stages, Tyranitar are now very powerful. Their Earthquake attacks are the most powerful among Pokemon. It also carries over its tough hide from Pupitar, which reduces all damage it receives from physical attacks.
Well, should be an interesting fight. Yay!

Starting off, Tyranitar roars a challenge. The hellhound squares off, readying himself in preparation for the next move. Tyranitar takes the initiative with an evil gleam in his eye, stomping the ground. His foot crackles with energy, which spreads out in a pattern around his massive body. The energy connects with the rocks in the soil, raising a cloud of stony chips that form into clusters and shoot out at Houndoom. Houndoom yips in pain, sliding back a little from the intensity of the assault, but shakes himself off and returns to the field, prepared for anything. As per orders. Tyranitar, filled with a towering rage, charges faster than anything that size has a right to be, charging a fistful of Ground energy for Houndoom to take...and the hellhound glows red, growling low, as the enormous lizard slams its fist into its body. Satan's minion grits its teeth in anguish, taking terrifying damage, but the attack rebounds straight into Tyranitar's middle! The tyrant lizard is thrown back, roaring in pain and anguish. Not wasting a second, Houndoom charges Fighting-type energy into his head and rams Tyranitar's sturdy, hard body, dealing a considerable blow. The two competitors square off again, making frightening noises below as Tyranitar roars a challenge and Houndoom replies in the screams of the damned, fired up and prepared for battle..

"It looks like Houndoom will not be playing fetch in hell tonight; a little R&R is more like it. He's still fairly fresh in battling terms, though, and he'll muster up some energy yet. The Stone Edge/earthquake combo was a nasty blow to Houndoom's health, dealing obscene damage and placing Houndoom a little ways past the midpoint. Energywise, he's a little ways into his second quarter, and his Fighting energy is entirely gone. Might fuel another Counter if it's something like Scratch or Tackle, but somehow I doubt those kinds of moves will show up. Fresh and raring to go.

On the other end of the field, Tyranitar is doing poorly. He took a metric ton of damage from the Rock Smash and Countered Earthquake, placing him a light way above the quarter mark. Another super-effective hit of any kind and he's a goner. Energywise, he's doing well, only into his first quarter, and if it weren't for the awful damage he took he'd be utterly fresh. As it is, the two opponents are evenly matched.

I expect to be paid in fresh souls for this. Especially you, Talon, I know you're more efficient at ensnaring the newer ones (not that I don't enjoy a vintage soul and would snap one up given half a chance)

Elsie: I'm really not quite sure what to do with you...you're clearly perfectly capable but you keep engineering the most ridiculous scenarios. Message me your calculations behind this (Damage, anything you RNGed during the reffing) and we'll go from there...

Quote:

Last edited by Lonely Cubone; 02-19-2012 at 05:38 AM.
Old 02-07-2012, 03:47 PM   #73
IronDestroyer
Boulder Badge

Here are the 2 battles you've requested I complete:

Battle 1: http://forums.upnetwork.net/showthread.php?t=3802
Battle 2:http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=557614

Quote:
Johnathan (challenger) vs. Casey (acceptor)

6 vs. 6
Single Battle
Return=OK
Slapstick Rules
Football Field
Are you ready for a Pokémon battle? I know I am and I know these Trainers are, too! WELCOME TO THE FOOTBALL FIELD! The Football Field, a tricky Standard Arena, where the roar of the crowd can be either a distraction or an advantage. Johnathan, you're the challenger. So, I ask you to please post your squad and Trainer Level first. Casey, you fire back with your own squad and Trainer Level. You also get to send out the first Pokémon. Johnathan will then select his first Pokémon and attack. Casey, you'll counter with your first attack. I'll ref and the order will reverse from there. We'll keep at it until one of you loses all 6 of your Pokémon. When that occurs, whoever still has Pokémon left in their arsenal wins the battle.

Quote:
Johnathan: Here's my team....

Anorith - Level 1/Male
Cranidos - Level 1/Male
Deerling - Level 1/Female
Kricketune - Level 1/Female
Klink - Level 1/Genderless
Sandile - Level 1/Male
Quote:
Casey: Good luck, Jonathan. Here's my squad...

Roggenrola - Level 1/Male
Mawile - Level 1/Female
Starly - Level 1/Female
Koffing - Level 1/Male
Grimer - Level 1/Male
Bronzor - Level 1/Genderless

Mawile, I CHOOSE YOU!

Quote:
Johnathan: Go Cranidos! Cranidos, start with Zen Headbutt and follow it up with Iron Tail!

Quote:
Casey: Mawile, stop that Zen Headbutt in its tracks with Vicegrip! Follow that up with Ancientpower!
The two trainers reach their respective ends of the battlefield. Two Pokéballs are then thrown. From one comes a female Mawile and opposing it is a male Cranidos. The Cranidos charges at the Mawile, channelling the Zen in its heart and soul into one massive Headbutt attack. But, what's this? Cranidos' leg seems to be stuck! Mawile caught Cranidos with a Vicegrip! While in the Vicegrip, Cranidos still manages to hit Mawile's midsection with his cranium, causing some good damage. However, he is defenseless from what Mawile is about to do. Mawile channels power from ancient times as massive amounts of Rock energy come together to form an orb between its legs. The orb slams into Cranidos for some huge damage! Cranidos finishes the round by swinging its Tail of rock-hard Iron for some more good damage.

Result: Mawile is right a little above three-quarter mark in health. Rock energy took a big hit with that Ancientpower, however. Cranidos took damage from both Vicegrip and Ancient Power, he's right at the three-quarter health mark with a slight lead in energy.

Orders from Casey, please.

Elsie: This...isn't great. I mean, mathematically it's okay, but it's no fun to read at all: And then Pokemon X does Y and Pokemon Z does A and HUGE DAMAGE! Is not particularly fun to read. Also, Ancient Power doesn't do anything that could vaguely be described as huge damage, I'm all for variety of adjectives but that's just misleading. Try again with some actual description and without 800 words of copy/pasta before we get to the actual reffing. I don't care one jot about the other five Pokemon in the squad, the battle order or anything like that at all.

Last edited by Lonely Cubone; 02-19-2012 at 06:06 AM.
IronDestroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 08:19 PM   #74
Atluss
Boulder Badge

Battle Proof :D
VS Charm
VS Kairne

Hello! I'm Atluss, and I shall be your ref this fine day o' luv. Today we have two TL1 trainers duking it off. Kate and Miles are sure to have a heated battle in the Lawn Arena. The lawn is perfectly green, and recently cut to boot. The midday sun is providing a nice warm sun, perfect battling weather.
Stats please, Flare.
"Gotcha"

Quote:
Miles [Challenger] vs Kate [Acceptor]
3 vs 3
Singles
48 Hour DQ
Return=KO
Slappy
Equilevel
Lawn Arena
Order is as follows,
Miles posts his squad of six
Kate posts her squad of six and sends our her first 'mon.
Miles sends his first pokemon with orders.
Kate posts orders.
I ref.
Then it reverses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles
Ok, here is my squad
Level 1 Tepig/Male
Level 1 Oshawott/Male
Level 1 Snivy/Male
Level 1 Pikachu/Male
Level 1 Munna/Female
Level 1 Starly/Female
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate
Okay! My squad is super special awesome.
Level 1 Patrat/Female
Level 1 Eevee/Female
Level 1 Growlithe/Female
Level 1 Squirtle/Female
Level 1 Dratini/Female
Level 1 Meowth/Female

I'll choose Patrat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles
Oh, I'll choose my Tepig. Tepig start out with a Take Down. Then unleash a Flamethrower.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate
Oh no, violence! Patrat use Attract, then Cut.
Species Stats!
Quote:
Tepig: (Fire) Tepig’s nose is very sensitive, allowing it to easily sniff out foes. It can release a large amount of smoke or smog from its nose in a short time to hide itself almost in an instant.
Patrat: (Normal) As lookouts, Patrat have extremely keen eyesight, allowing them to see long distances and in fogs, smoke or otherwise obstructing conditions.

The round starts off with Kate releasing her Patrat into the field. The Patrat eagerly chatters about. Miles responds with the fiery bacon pokemon, Tepig. Tepig shows its eagerness with a small shoot of flame. Tepig starts the round off by starting off on it's charge, but something catches the lil piggy's eyes. Tepig's run slows to stop and it just stops and stares at the sight. Patrat makes some sly winks and blows a few kisses, trying to Attract the Tepig. Considering the two pokemon are of the Ground egg group and that the Patrat is just so adorable, Tepig falls in love. Tepig stops its Take Down and decides to make goo-goo eyes. While Tepig is reciting Shakespeare Patrat comes up with an evil idea. Patrat's idea is a Cutting blow. Patrat rakes her claws against the piggy's skin. Tepig releases a squeal as it is shocked out of it's bad romance. Tepig thankfully did not receive a critical blow, but has a definite mark. Tepig, angry at the traitor, breathes out a blistering Flamethrower. The flames swirl together into a display of fiery deliciousness. Patrat takes the hit head on, being covered in flames. Luckily, she escaped any burns.

The round closes with pretty even results.

Patrat took significant damage, but escaped any burns. Patrat only used mild energy and has plenty left in the tanks.
Tepig took solid damage from the sly cut. Tepig exhausted a solid amount of energy. He has nothing to worry about yet, this early in the battle.

Kate, we need some orders.

Elsie: It's okay, not much happened but nothing horribly wrong so yeah, PM me for a test.

Last edited by Lonely Cubone; 02-19-2012 at 06:12 AM.
Atluss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 06:03 AM   #75
Lonely Cubone
Gee, Brain...

Send a message via MSN to Lonely Cubone
BIG BOLD ANNOUNCEMENT

PLEASE WOULD PEOPLE STOP PADDING OUT THEIR POSTS WITH ALL THE PREAMBLE. IT'S A REF TEST, NOT A TEST TO SEE IF PEOPLE CAN EFFECTIVELY COPY AND PASTE.
Lonely Cubone is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL > Referees Forum