UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL > Referees Forum

Old 07-17-2010, 02:03 AM   #26
A Winter Breeze
Chilly~

UPN PASBL: S_M vs. Tyranidos

Snowflake: Well Hello everybody, we have come to another ref application by our trainer, AWB, but this time between two well known trainers in the league, Tyranidos and S_M. As I don't want to hold us for much longer, let's get to our stats. Dahvie?

Dahvie:
1-on-1
48HR DQ
Slapstick
Return=Loss
Equilevel 4
Clay Arena

Snowflake: Now we'll take a look at the arena description.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSite
A basic, standard terrain. The arena used for the 5th round of the Indigo Pokémon League in the anime is a prime example of a clay arena.
Snowflake: A quick look at our battle order...
PM me with your Pokemon and attacks.
I ref.
Tyranidos as challenger will order first.
S_M orders.
I ref.
The order alternates, and it just goes on like that.

Send those PMs in! *twirls*
Quote:
Originally Posted by S_M
Orion: Level 4 Male Lucario
Metal Sound to Poison Jab!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyranidos
Pyro: Level 4 Male Charmeleon
Start with a Secret Power. Dragon Claw them if they get close, otherwise, another Secret Power.
Snowflake: The round starts with Tyranidos' fiery salamander planning to shoot a beam of Secretive Powers, but stops as an ear-splitting Metal Sound comes from Orion, which leaves Pyro a little disoriented. The Lucario grinds and presses his spikes together, before coating one of them with Poison energy. Orion dashes forward, spike drawn to his torso, and closes in to Jab Pyro's side, which causes Pyro to falter and wince.
Dahvie: Ooh, it seems that Pyro's got poisoned.
Snowflake: Ahem. After disdainfully taking that last hit, Pyro gets a bit angry as he gathers his Dragon energy in his sharp Claws. Pyro slashes across Orion's body, but the hit is resisted by Orion's Steel typing.

Dahvie: Both Pokémon took a good bit of damage, close to the middle in their first quarter. However, Pyro is a bit closer to 3/4 while Orion is closer to Perfect.

Orion and Pyro both used good energy, a small way down from perfect. Pyro used a bit more, though.
Orders from Tdos.

Jeri: I don't have a lot of trouble with this reffing; my biggest problem is that your health and energy are just a LITTLE off (not even that much) and a little vague (at least energy is). Go ahead and PM me for the test.
J-J-Just Teeter Dance

Last edited by Jerichi; 07-17-2010 at 08:12 AM.
A Winter Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 08:37 AM   #27
brandan
The Lord of the Derp

brandans retry

Well here we go again.

Travis VS Aron
3 vs 3
Return = KO
Slapstick
Equalizer
72 hour DQ
Arena:Bourbon Bridge

Quote:
Bourbon Bridge (Outdoor Custom Arena): The home of Spongelax! This is a bridge stretching over a rapid river of bourbon. The bridge is made of sturdy wood, but it can be broken if attacked enough. It's about 5 meters wide, stretches for about 20 meters over the river, and is about 3 meters above the water. Either side of the bridge is long grass. The river itself is a violent fast flowing one, filled with bourbon. Any pokémon who falls in it will be swept off if they are not a strong swimmer, and even if they can survive, there is a 40% chance of them becoming confused from all the ALCOHOL if they have a mouth. Special Rules: Rapids, River. Optional Special Rules: Break of Dawn,Twilight, Night Fight, Easily Destroyed.
Aron displays their squad of 6 Pokémon and states their Trainer Level.
Travis displays his squad of 6 Pokémon, states their Trainer Level, and sends out a Pokémon.
Aron sends out a Pokemon and states moves.
Travis orders an attack.
I ref.
Aron orders an attack.
Travis orders an attack.
I ref.
Travis orders an attack.
Aron orders an attack.

*Aron displays their squad of 6 Pokémon and states their Trainer Level.*

*Travis displays his squad of 6 Pokémon, states their Trainer Level, and sends out Zap the Pikachu.*

*Aron sends out a Tank the Bulbasaur use Razor Leaf and Seed Bomb*

*Zap use Quick Attack to dodge and hit then DynamicPunch*

The battlers walk to Opposite sides of the bridge. Travis sends out Zap the Pikachu. Aron in response sends out Tank the Bulbasaur who then starts to whip Razor sharp Leafs at zap. Zap takes evasive maneuvers by trying to dodge around the leafs by running Quickly throw them while trying to Attack his foe. The attack works some what but due to the number of leafs takes mild damage while hitting his foe for mild damage as well. Tank then responds throwing Seeds like Bombs at Zap. Zap then takes the opening as he hits tank with a Punch with Dynamic energy that causes Tank to fly backwards landing by his masters feet cutting off most of his attack, he seems to have become confused. ZAP not 100% accustomed to fighting energy sends him skidding backwards which lets the seeds impale the bridge which smashes one of the planks off.

ZAP: Used some energy is close to half his first quarter. Took mild damage close to perfect. A third of their fighting energy was used.

TANK Used some energy as well just a little less then zap. took a good hit from quick attack and Dynamic Punch lucky his resistance helped dumb down the attack. He has used up a third of his first quarter and is confused.

Travis Orders pls

Jeri: I am not a fan of excessive use of fractions. If you can find a way to express health in a manner that uses less fractions, that would be great.

Last edited by Jerichi; 07-20-2010 at 06:57 AM.
brandan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 01:49 PM   #28
brandan
The Lord of the Derp

Quote:
Do I have to change energy?
Travis VS Aron
3 vs 3
Return = KO
Slapstick
Equalizer
72 hour DQ
Arena:Bourbon Bridge

Quote:
Bourbon Bridge (Outdoor Custom Arena): The home of Spongelax! This is a bridge stretching over a rapid river of bourbon. The bridge is made of sturdy wood, but it can be broken if attacked enough. It's about 5 meters wide, stretches for about 20 meters over the river, and is about 3 meters above the water. Either side of the bridge is long grass. The river itself is a violent fast flowing one, filled with bourbon. Any pokémon who falls in it will be swept off if they are not a strong swimmer, and even if they can survive, there is a 40% chance of them becoming confused from all the ALCOHOL if they have a mouth. Special Rules: Rapids, River. Optional Special Rules: Break of Dawn,Twilight, Night Fight, Easily Destroyed.
Aron displays their squad of 6 Pokémon and states their Trainer Level.
Travis displays his squad of 6 Pokémon, states their Trainer Level, and sends out a Pokémon.
Aron sends out a Pokemon and states moves.
Travis orders an attack.
I ref.
Aron orders an attack.
Travis orders an attack.
I ref.
Travis orders an attack.
Aron orders an attack.

*Aron displays their squad of 6 Pokémon and states their Trainer Level.*

*Travis displays his squad of 6 Pokémon, states their Trainer Level, and sends out Zap the Pikachu.*

*Aron sends out a Tank the Bulbasaur use Razor Leaf and Seed Bomb*

*Zap use Quick Attack to dodge and hit then DynamicPunch*

The battlers walk to Opposite sides of the bridge. Travis sends out Zap the Pikachu. Aron in response sends out Tank the Bulbasaur who then starts to whip Razor sharp Leafs at zap. Zap takes evasive maneuvers by trying to dodge around the leafs by running Quickly throw them while trying to Attack his foe. The attack works some what but due to the number of leafs takes mild damage while hitting his foe for mild damage as well. Tank then responds throwing Seeds like Bombs at Zap. Zap then takes the opening as he hits tank with a Punch with Dynamic energy that causes Tank to fly backwards landing by his masters feet cutting off most of his attack, he seems to have become confused. ZAP not 100% accustomed to fighting energy sends him skidding backwards which lets the seeds impale the bridge which smashes one of the planks off.

ZAP: Used some energy is close to half his first quarter. Took mild damage close to perfect. A third of their fighting energy was used.

TANK Used some energy as well just a little less then zap. took a good hit from quick attack and Dynamic Punch lucky his resistance helped dumb down the attack. he is a a solid hit off perfect but confused.

Travis Orders pls

Jeri: Yes, energy too.

This is fine, I suppose. I'd like to see another scenario but we'll do that on the test. For now, PM me for the test.

Last edited by Jerichi; 07-20-2010 at 02:17 PM.
Old 07-23-2010, 08:26 AM   #29
empoleon dynamite
Volcano Badge

Ludicolo

Hopefully this mock ref won't reek of FB too much Oo

Danny vs. Susie
1 vs 1 (Hidden Squad)
Single Battle
Switch = KO
Slapstick
72 Hr DQ
Pool Arena

Quote:
Pool (Indoor/Outdoor. Standard Water Arena): A Pool of Water, just like an Olympic Swimming Pool. Nothing Special.
Since this is hidden squad, you can both PM your orders to me now. Happy Battling!

---

Susie: Go, Golduck! Disable it, then hit it with Psychic!
Danny: Go, Crawdaunt! Use your Crabhammer, then use Vicegrip!

---

A fighting spirit pulses through the Pool Arena today as the fresh smell of chlorine breathes throughout the battle field. Dozens of inflatable’s scatter up and down the Olympic swimming pool, all bobbing above the deep water and awaiting utilization. Susie stands at on a pedestal at the foremost end of the battle field, her Golduck proudly beside her. Meanwhile, Danny cocks himself at the opposing length, adjacent to a hardy Crawdaunt who jingles his claws enthusiastically. The chosen Pokémon couldn’t be more fitted to the stadium of choice, both in their element amongst the watery surroundings. Having heard her commands, Golduck is first to nose-dive into the pool in the style of a champion swimmer. In unison, Crawdaunt Scuttles sideways into the watery expanse, bobbing on the surface of the pool whilst gently kicking his appendages to stay afloat. Each marine Pokémon swims to the hub of the pool, facing each over and eagerly awaiting the initiation of the skirmish.

Sending a grimace to the duck, Crawdaunt scurries forward with its hefty pincer held high. Smashing his flailing Crab Hammer onto the water’s surface, causing a rippling shockwave to explode across the pool amongst an huge splash. Showing his authority early in the battle, Golduck is thrust below the surface despite its water resistance. As the pool returns to its usual tranquillity, both trainers look stunned as Golduck emerges with a sizable lump. Nevertheless, the determined duck returns to a confident stance and locks its psych on the hardy crawdad. Corphish gawks as its muscles lock up and he anchors to the pool’s depth, Golduck disableing him from moving for a few moments. Golduck regains his poise and follows the up with a psychic attack. The Golduck focuses as it attempts to strike Crawdaunt with a wave of purple telekinesis, only to find his extrasensory powers completely nullified by Crawdaunt’s typing. The dark type beams maliciously as his muscles unlock bobbing back to the surface and squeezing Golduck’s arm into a Vicegrip causing a tender graze. Both Pokémon take a paddle a few paces away from each over.

At the end of the round, Crawdaunt has received no damage whatsoever, yet has managed to expend a modest deal of energy – still fresh though on that front. Golduck used up a decent amount of energy this round but still has a decent reserve of Psychic energy remaining. Golduck looks slightly scathed but hasn't taken a massive deal of damage. Golduck will struggle to use his arm for the immediate few rounds as it is still slightly limp.

Jeri: Yeah I think FB reffing is kind of a total crock but you're actually not too bad in spite of that. PM me for a test.

Last edited by Jerichi; 07-23-2010 at 05:50 PM.
empoleon dynamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 02:07 PM   #30
EarthKwake
Boulder Badge

Round One: Referee Application

Jillian vs. Vicky
3 vs 3
Switch = KO
Slapstick
48 hr DQ
River Arena

Quote:
River (Outdoor. Advanced Water Arena): An advanced level arena, not recommended for novice referees or trainers. A wide river, with the Pokémon battling in, above and on the banks of it. Pokémon which cannot swim or fly will be at a disadvantage. The river flows fast, and Pokémon will have to be careful not to get swept away.
Special Rule: Terrain Edge (One of Clay, Forest, Lawn or Rock)
Optional Special Rules: Waterfall, Wild Pokémon (Fresh Water), Wild Pokémon (Any appropriate for the terrain on the edge of the River)
Jillian: Good luck, Vicky! Go Hoothoot!
Vicky: Same to you. Marill, let’s go! Strike your opponent with an Ice Beam, then Dive into the river to avoid its attacks!
Jillian: Evade and attack with Aerial Ace, then swoop in with a Wing Attack!

The monotonous rumbling of the flowing river is disturbed as two people approach through the bordering forest, each standing at opposite banks. Verbal exchanges are made, and then the action begins. The first trainer, Jillian, whips out a Pokéball from her belt and tosses it into the air, revealing a owl Pokémon with black-rimmed red eyes. The Hoothoot watches as her opponent is brought out by the second trainer; with a red flash, a rotund Water-type Pokémon is released, gazing about the battlefield timidly before catching sight of her opponent in the air. The trainers give their Pokémon orders, and they leap in action!

Jillian’s Hoothoot begins by flying slow circles above her opponent, like a hawk that’s caught sight of a mouse and is waiting for a moment to strike. Marill takes advantage of this by quickly firing off a bolt of Ice energy, which careens through the air towards the Flying-type. Hoothoot, realizing it needs to hurry up and move, zips narrowly to the side, but due to the quickness of Ice Beam receives a heavy blow to her torso. Thankfully, her body is not frozen, but her right wing has become quite numb from the cold. Hoothoot cringes as the frigid attack takes its toll, but remembers her orders. Her flight slightly hampered by the numbing cold, Hoothoot nevertheless soars towards her opponent, talons out. Marill turns to pounce into the safety of the waters, but Hoothoot is still much faster, and deals a mild hit. Marill is tossed a few feet away by the strike, and manages to get to her feet just in time to see her opponent coming at her again, wings extended. She hurries to the river’s edge and Dives into the cool water, as Hoothoot buzzes just over her head. Marill decides it’s safer in the river, and remains out of sight.

A fairly light round in terms of energy, Hoothoot has used only a moderate amount, and is quite close to perfect, being only slightly out of breath for the moment from the aerial displays. Marill used a greater amount of energy than her opponent, nearing the halfway mark between perfect and three-quarters. She used approximately a third of her Ice energy.

Damage-wise, Hoothoot has much less health than her opponent, taking a full-on hit from Ice Beam. The super-effective hit has left her a decent amount below three-quarters, and her right wing is fairly numb from the cold (but should limber up by next round). Marill has only taken a little damage from Aerial Ace, and is still hovering close to perfect health.

Hoothoot is about ten feet above the water, under which Marill waits in anticipation while fighting the current adeptly.

Jillian has the next move.

Jeri: No glaring issues. PM me for the test.

Last edited by Jerichi; 07-29-2010 at 02:35 PM.
EarthKwake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 10:33 PM   #31
tbh1313
Cascade Badge

Send a message via MSN to tbh1313
Yamato(C) vs. Danzou(A)
1 vs 1
Lawn Arena
Switch=KO
Quote:
Lawn (Outdoor. Standard Arena for Outdoor Battles): A basic, standard terrain. Nothing special. The "Grass Field" arena from the Indigo Pokémon League in the anime is a prime example of a Lawn Arena.
Special Rules: None

Quote:
Originally posted by Yamato
Spike: Level 1 Male Cacnea
Spike, wait 'til your opponent makes a move, and then use Grass Knot. With the opponent down, us Giga Drain.
Quote:
Originally posted by Danzou
Shima: Level 1 Female Eevee
Shima, Body Slam to Attract.

Hi, I'm the announcer, Tristan, and we are here today at this beautiful, recently cut field of grass that will be hosting today's (hopefully) exciting and quick Pokemon battle. The battle will take place between two trainers by the name of Yamato and Danzou. Strange names, huh? Anyway, it'll be one on one, with no switching, lest thou wish to lose. So, the ref has made the signal, and the battle will commence. Yamato walks a tad closer and nochalanty tosses his pokeball towards what will be the center of action. Out bursts a Cacnea, and I'm told his name is... Spike. How original. Anyway, he's looking refreshed, energized, ready to go, and... spikey. Danzou, as his turn has come, decides he doesn't feel like moving and gives his throw all he's got to get even close to the other Pokemon. The Ball releases an irritated looking Eevee, who's name appears to be... Shima. She throws her trainer an ugly look and ... I swear she just mouthed "lazy bum." Well, whatever, let the action begin.

Shima makes the first move looking like she wants to Slam her opponents Body into the ground. However, clever little Spike seems to have been waiting for this (my guess is that his trainer told him to) and pouring grass energy into the ground, makes the Grass form into a Knot. This immediately trips poor Shima, however, seeing as the grass energy took a sec to form, and they were never very far apart in the first place, the knot trips Shima right into our spiky friend. This hurts both contenders. Spike, cuz he just got body slammed, and Shima cuz she just slammed/tripped into a cactus. Ouch.

Anyway, Spike decides this is a good time to use his next attack, and begins, but Shima seems to have other things on her mind. She decides she's gonna attempt to Attract the pointy Pokemon. Spike, quite surprised, was completely thrown by the fact that she was showing these feelings. He, like many guys, appears to find vulnerability attractive and decides to call off the Giga Drain. His trainer, realizing his Pokemon is a retard, immediately facepalms.

~~~~~~~SUMMARY~~~~~~~
Both Pokemon are fairly fresh. In the health region, both are still in their first quarter, Shima a bit more than halfway through, seeing as she is currently cuddling with a cactus, who, coincidentally, only took minor damage. However, they're 'bout tied in energy at a little bit into the first quarter. This is 'cause while Spike did use a lot more energy than Shima, he did steal a little bit of her's while she was seducing him.

Jeri: Not terrible but I have a few criticisms. For one, Attract only works within breeding groups or if there's going to be a logical connection (which is rarely outside of the breeding groups rule). Secondly, I'd like to see a little more action - your gauge of health and energy is important and little was done on either side.
TP 0, KO 0, SP 0

Last edited by Jerichi; 08-05-2010 at 03:42 PM.
tbh1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 12:30 PM   #32
muffinluvr
Pokemon Trainer

Random Boy 2 posts his list and calls out his Ekans.

Random Boy 1 calls out his Abra.[/SIZE]

The water along the shore slowly pulls in and out as the sun sinks over the horizon. The beach is empty ecxept for two trainers and their pokemon (and the ref sitting a little ways inland). Both trainers and pokemon stare intently at their opponents waiting for the mark. Ekans coils and uncoils out of anxiety. At a disadvantage type-wise, there isn't much he can do but sit and wait. Being cold-blooded doesn't help either, the heat of the sun slowly fading as the beach dims to night.

"Boom". The cannon fires it projectile that arcs over the sky into the night. Wasting no time Abra quickly launches at Ekans with a Headbutt of much Zen. Ekans sends a Pulse of Dark Energy at Abra, which greatly causes his focused zen to diminish, also causing great damage, though Abra still reaches Ekans and smashes into the snake, causing lighter (but still much) damage. While in close proximity, Ekans slices Abra with a Tail coated with Poison energy. Abra shoots a small Beam of Charged electrical energy, dealing light damage, but managing to slightly raise its Special Attack.

Ekans health remains slightly above 3/4, and it's energy a little above that. Unfortunately half it's Dark energy is used.

Abra's health is now a little below 3/4, and energy half between full and 3/4. Abra contains 2/3 of it's electrical energy and has a small boost in Special Attack.

They remain about 1 and 1/2 meters away (5 feet). The beach around 3 meters (10 feet) away.

Jeri: Description is very sparse. Health seems wildly disproportionate. Both are really low, Ekans moreso than Abra.

Last edited by Jerichi; 08-17-2010 at 03:05 PM.
muffinluvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 02:03 PM   #33
tbh1313
Cascade Badge

Chansey vs Absol

1 vs. 1
Switch=KO
Slapstick
Lawn Arena

Quote:
Originally posted by Absol
Psycho Cut to Thunderbolt to X-Scissor.
3 Mover Confirmed.
Quote:
Originally posted by Chansey
Ice Beam to MC Solar Beam to Dynamic Punch
Three Mover confirmed.

Welcome, folks, to this beautiful expanse of grass as far as the eye can see. Our combatants today are a Absol, the feline disaster-predictor, and a Chansey, the egg-toting lucky Pokemon. It's time to begin, so let's show Jeri some action! The Pokemon are released about five yards from each other, and Absol begins charging towards the Chansey, who doesn't seem particularly bothered to move, and instead just fires off a jagged Beam of Ice energy that collides with Absol's chest, freezing it over and decreasing his speed a good bit. Chansey then begins gathering what looks like sunlight, taking on a yellow glow, however, Absol's scythe has begun to glow white, and he darts in like a Psycho and Cuts to deal some very good damage. He also has ample time to deliver a painful looking Thunderbolt, dealing heavy damage to Chansey and also causing her to fire the Solar Beam prematurely.

The Beam of grass energy hits Absol full on, dealing good damage and leaving him slightly stunned. Our friend the pink blob darts in and delivers an super effective, explosive, and Dynamic Punch, leaving him more stunned and slightly confused. However, he manages to remember his orders, point himself in the right direction, and charge forward to deal two cuts in the shape of an X, like Scissors. This deals good damage and marks the end of this round.

~~~~~Summary~~~~~
Health=Both Pokemon have taken a huge amount of damage, Absol more so. Chansey is just under 2/3, with Absol a good bit under the midpoint.
tl;dr: Chansey>>Absol

Energy= Both Pokemon are dead tired, and definitely need a breather. Chansey has only a third of Ice or Fighting left and a little bit more than half of her Grass energy left. Overall, she is inbetween the midpoint and 3/4, much closer to 3/4. Absol has 2/3 of his Psychic energy left, 1/2 of his Bug, and 1/3 electric. He is just barely above Chansey overall.
tl;dr Absol>Chansey

Jeri: I am actually quite conflicted about this one. I appreciate the zeal. Damage is a little off. Maybe. But the one thing I don't like is excessive reliance on fractions. Fourths and half are acceptable but even that's a little iffy. Lean off the fractions a bit and give me some more description, and we're good.

Also you really don't have to do three-movers but it's nice!
TP 0, KO 0, SP 0

Last edited by Jerichi; 08-18-2010 at 04:39 PM.
Old 08-18-2010, 10:08 PM   #34
tbh1313
Cascade Badge

Chansey vs Absol

1 vs. 1
Switch=KO
Slapstick
Lawn Arena

Quote:
Originally posted by Absol
Psycho Cut to Thunderbolt to X-Scissor.
3 Mover Confirmed.
Quote:
Originally posted by Chansey
Ice Beam to MC Solar Beam to Dynamic Punch
Three Mover confirmed.

Welcome, folks, to this beautiful expanse of grass as far as the eye can see. Our combatants today are a Absol, the feline disaster-predictor, and a Chansey, the egg-toting lucky Pokemon. It's time to begin, so let's show Jeri some action! The Pokemon are released about five yards from each other, and Absol begins charging towards the Chansey, who doesn't seem particularly bothered to move, and instead just fires off a jagged Beam of Ice energy that collides with Absol's chest, freezing it over and decreasing his speed a good bit. Chansey then begins gathering what looks like sunlight, taking on a yellow glow, however, Absol's scythe has begun to glow white, and he darts in like a Psycho and Cuts to deal some very good damage. He also has ample time to deliver a painful looking Thunderbolt, dealing heavy damage to Chansey and also causing her to fire the Solar Beam prematurely.

The Beam of grass energy hits Absol full on, dealing good damage and leaving him slightly stunned. Our friend the pink blob darts in and delivers an super effective, explosive, and Dynamic Punch, leaving him more stunned and slightly confused. However, he manages to remember his orders, point himself in the right direction, and charge forward to deal two cuts in the shape of an X, like Scissors. This deals good damage and marks the end of this round.

~~~~~Summary~~~~~
Health=Both Pokemon have taken a huge amount of damage, Absol more so. Chansey is in between 3/4 and the midpoint, with Absol a good bit under the midpoint.
tl;dr: Chansey>>Absol

Energy= Both Pokemon are dead tired, and definitely need a breather. Chansey has used most of Ice and Fighting energy and a little bit less than half of her Grass energy. Overall, she is little bit more than halfway to the midpoint. Absol has most of his Psychic energy left, half of his Bug, and a little bit of electric energy. He is just barely above Chansey overall.
tl;dr Absol>Chansey

(lol I saw your edit before on Brandan's post about fractions, and actually meant to post this version. idk, I must have forgotten. Is this too vague?)

Jeri: Much better overall. PM me for the test.

Last edited by Jerichi; 08-20-2010 at 10:03 AM.
Old 08-20-2010, 01:52 AM   #35
DTG6407
Boulder Badge

Send a message via MSN to DTG6407
Lets give this a whirl.

Come one, come all! Welcome to the beautiful Lawn Arena, where the grass rolls on and is always freshly mowed. Today we have two new trainers making their debut, Cool kid Bob and Cool kid Carl! The follow match is as follows:

Quote:
Cool kid Bob (c) VS. Cool kid Carl (a)
1v1
Slapstick
24 Hour DQ
Lawn Arena
Return=KO
Equiall
And, the arena description (As I may have missed something in my own, right?):

Quote:
Lawn (Outdoor. Standard Arena for Outdoor Battles): A basic, standard terrain. Nothing special. The "Grass Field" arena from the Indigo Pokémon League in the anime is a prime example of a Lawn Arena.
And now, if our combatants would kindly post their squads and order their attacks:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool kid Bob
Mankey, Level 1 (M)
No current Sig
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool kid Carl
Electabuzz, Level 1 (M)
No current Sig

Electabuzz, you're up! Let's kick it off with a Psychic wave, then get in close for a Thunderpunch!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool kid, Bob
Mankey, let's do this! Earthquake to try and throw off his Psychic, then finish with Double Team to dodge his punch.
Alright! It seems we're ready to get this thing underway, so without further ado, let's BEGIN!

The sound of a gunshot fills the arena. The resounding crack signals the start of the match, and the trainers release their Pokemon. The arena is filled with bright flashes of light as the two combatants Electabuzz and Mankey emerge forth from their Pokeballs, ready and eager.

Electabuzz decides to start things off, summoning up some of his foreign Psychicpower and using it to cast a wave of energy across the field to meet his opponent, Mankey. The Mankey isn't sitting idly by though, as he begins to jump up and down, thrashing the ground with his feet as hard as he can attempting to start up an Earthquake. Mankey is sent flying backwards as the Psychic wave hits home, dealing some very good Super-effective damage and sending the little monkey Pokemon rolling back a bit. Though Mankey's efforts weren't in vain, as shock waves begin to erupt around Electabuzz, hitting him hard dealing Super-effective damage as well.

Both Pokemon recover quickly from the previous attacks, and it looks like they're still rarin' to go! Electabuzz wastes no time in rushing towards the Mankey, Electric energy surging from his chest, down his arm and into his fist. It glows a bright yellow colour as he pulls his arm back, ready to deliver a relentless Thunderpunch on his foe, but his attack fails as Mankey performs Double Team moving so quickly that his very image appears to split apart into three separate avatars of his former self. Electabuzz's fist rips straight through one of Mankey's Double Team clones, obliterating it completely. As the energy in his arm fades and disperses he looks around at the other Mankey, surrounding him. All of them smirking and giggling at his failure.

Well, wasn't that exciting! At the end of the round, both Pokemon appear to have landed strong hits on each other. Their health are both pretty equal right now; a good deal off of perfect but still above the 3/4 mark. Energy use was also quite large for both parties. Electabuzz is out of Psychic energy, and only a little bit below Mankey in terms of energy. Both are above the 3/4 mark.

Jeri: 1) Do you have two complete battles? 2) EQ, as it is currently, deals no damage. 3) Electabuzz is a level 3 acquire - if it were level 1, it would need to be an Elekid.

Last edited by Jerichi; 08-20-2010 at 10:04 AM.
DTG6407 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 04:51 AM   #36
DTG6407
Boulder Badge

Send a message via MSN to DTG6407
Ah, yes. I do have two battles completed, three actually, though they were on SPPf not UPN.

Apologies about EQ, I assumed it did deal damage because of the games. I read the description and just now realized it doesn't say anything about dealing damage at all. Completely slipped my mind. My bad.

And about Electabuzz. Once again, major fail on my part, sorry. I actually did mean to use Elekid originally, but I'm not sure what happened. Anyhow, editted some stuff and am resubmitting, if that's cool?

----------------

Come one, come all! Welcome to the beautiful Lawn Arena, where the grass rolls on and is always freshly mowed. Today we have two new trainers making their debut, Cool kid Bob and Cool kid Carl! The follow match is as follows:

Quote:
Cool kid Bob (c) VS. Cool kid Carl (a)
1v1
Slapstick
24 Hour DQ
Lawn Arena
Return=KO
Equiall
And, the arena description (As I may have missed something in my own, right?):

Quote:
And now, if our combatants would kindly post their squads and order their attacks:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool kid Bob
Mankey, Level 1 (M)
No current Sig
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool kid Carl
Elekid, Level 1 (M)
No current Sig

Elekid, you're up! Let's kick it off with a Psychic wave, then get in close for a Thunderpunch!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool kid, Bob
Mankey, let's do this! Hidden Power to deal some damage of your own, then Double Team to dodge his Thunderpunch.
Alright! It seems we're ready to get this thing underway, so without further ado, let's BEGIN!

The sound of a gunshot fills the arena. The resounding crack signals the start of the match, and the trainers release their Pokemon. The arena is filled with bright flashes of light as the two combatants Elekid and Mankey emerge forth from their Pokeballs, ready and eager.

Elekid decides to start things off, summoning up some of his foreign Psychic power and using it to cast a wave of energy across the field to meet his opponent, Mankey. The Monkey Pokemon sits idly by, a bit unnerved, until he is struck hard by the waves, which deal a hefty amount of Super-effective damage. Though with a bit of effort, Mankey recovers and begins to channel the Fighting-type energy within him, preparing to release a Hidden Power of his own. After a quick few moments Mankey releases the collected energy within him from his eyes. A few waves of energy similar to Elekid's Psychic quickly cross the gap between the two combatants. The waves connect with Elekid, staggering him slightly and dealing a good amount of damage in Mankey's favour.

Elekid quickly and easily regains his stance and wastes no time in rushing towards the Mankey, Electric energy surging from his chest, down his arm and into his fist. It glows a bright yellow colour as he pulls his arm back, ready to deliver a relentless Thunderpunch on his foe, but his attack fails as Mankey performs Double Team moving so quickly that his very image appears to split apart into three separate avatars of his former self. Elekid's fist rips straight through one of Mankey's Double Team clones, obliterating it completely. As the energy in his arm fades and disperses he looks around at the other Mankey, surrounding him. All of them smirking and giggling at his failure.

Well, wasn't that exciting! At the end of the round, both Pokemon appear to have landed successful hits on each other. Health wise Mankey took a big blow this round from that Super-effective hit, his health being a very good bit off of perfect, and beginning to creep up on that 3/4's mark. Elekid on the other hand took consideriably less damage, his health being a comfortable distance above Mankey's.

Energy wise they both have tons left in the tank, nowhere near the 3/4's mark yet but definatly etching a noticable distance off of the perfect mark. Elekid used a good amount more energy than Mankey this round, and is completely drained of his Psychic energy.

Jeri: Good, good. PM me for the test.

| Trainer Level: 2 | 5-1-3 | 15 KO's | 34 TP |
| B- Grade Ref | 7 SP |

Last edited by Jerichi; 08-21-2010 at 01:15 PM.
DTG6407 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 10:41 PM   #37
Toastedbagel
Boulder Badge

My two battles:
http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=462977
http://forums.upnetwork.net/showthread.php?t=2299
----------
Well, hello everyone, and welcome to the Lawn Arena! It's a beautiful day out here; the sun is high, there's a nice breeze, and the clouds are, er, fluffy? But enough with that, I didn't come here to have a picnic! ...Unfortunately. No, today, this lawn-which is actually more like a field, if you ask me-is the site of a battle between two of our newer members here at the PASBL: um...emogirl1020, the challenger, and...uh..twilite4evarrr21, the acceptor. Such...interesting name choices.

The battle taking place today will be a 1 versus 1, with the Slapstick, Equievo, and Return=KO rules in effect. After one combatant has gone 72 hours without posting, the other may DQ her and win by default.

Mr. Popo: What the fuck is this Slapstick shit?! I came here to see murder.

Wendy: *gasp* Ohmigosh I love Twilight too! It's like the best series ever and I think Jacob is totally the best one for Bella because he would never leave her and he's soooo hot and-

Mr. Popo: AHHHHH! SHUT UP! SHUT UP! I CAN'T TAKE ANY MORE!

...Aaaand I suppose I should have mentioned that I have some Pokemon of my own here today. Mr. Popo the Elekid will be handling stats for emogirl1020, while Wendy the Mawile will be commentating on the state of twilight4evarrr21's Pokemon.

Let's get this battle started! In case you guys don't know the order:
- emogirl1020 displays her squad of up to 6 Pokemon
- twilight4evarrr21 displays her squad of up to 6 Pokémon and sends out one
- emogirl1020 sends out a Pokémon and orders an attack
- twilight4evarrr21 orders an attack
- I ref, and then the attack order switches

emogirl and twilight, post your squad, if you will.
Quote:
Originally Posted by emogirl1020
SlitMaiRists: lv. 1 female Murkrow
Quote:
Originally Posted by twilight4evarrr21
Jacob: lv. 1 male poochyena

go Jacob! use dark pulse then hidden power
Quote:
Originally Posted by emogirl1020
ZOMG good luck!!! I like twilight 2 but usually I just listen to mcr instead of reading lol

go SlitMaiRists, use Fly and Double team
A black-haired girl walks up to her battling position, wearing some pretty standard emo gear: a My Chemical Romance t-shirt with a black leather vest over it, a black, ruffled, miniskirt, fishnet stockings, and ridiculous amounts of makeup. Strangely, her eyes appear to be...limpid blue? Huh. This looks to be our challenger, emogirl1020. Across the field is a brown-haired, pimply, somewhat obese teenager who I'm assuming is twilight4evarrr21, wearing a Team Jacob t-shirt and jeans. Keep that...er, style up, ladies.

emogirl releases what appears to be a stereotypical crow wearing a witch's hat, the strangely-named Murkrow SlitMaiRists. twilight, in return, brings out another Pokemon that's very similar to its animal inspiration; Jacob the Poochyena. Jacob starts off by opening his mouth, gathering up Dark energy and sending a few pulsing waves of it at SlitMaiRists. However, SMR is already Flying up into the air, weaving around in some bizarre patterns that cause the Dark Pulse to miss entirely through some bad luck on Jacob's part. SMR swoops back down, colliding with Jacob for a good hit.

Fortunately for the little guy, though, SMR is now within point-blank range at only a meter away from him, giving him plenty of opportunity to fire a Hidden Power. SMR panics and tries to pull off a Double Team, but she only manages to create one illusionary copy of herself before the brightly-colored energy waves smack into the real her. It seems that she didn't have much to worry about, though, as the attack does relatively little damage. Her clone poofs away into thin air, dissipating with the hit.

Mr. Popo: The Murkrow with the extremely ridiculous name which I FUCKING REFUSE TO SAY is a bit below perfect on health, taking a relatively small hit. She's a good amount off full for energy, still doing well there. Jesus. Fucking emos and their ridiculous names.

Wendy: Unfortunately, my poor little sweetie-pie Jacob seems to have gotten the worse of it this round. He's a pretty good amount off full health, having less than SMR, but there's still not that much of a gap between them. It was energy where he took the real hit, using a moderate amount-still nowhere near the 3/4s mark, but definitely at a good disadvantage. WOO! GO JACOB! I BELIEVE IN YOU! KICK HER ASS!

Orders from emogirl1020, please!

Jeri: Well, in real reffings, I hope you're much nicer than this, but well, regardless.

Description is a bit lacking and Hidden Power will do more damage than a Fly from Murkrow. Energy use is high for both parties.

Last edited by Jerichi; 09-13-2010 at 05:54 AM.
Toastedbagel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 10:30 PM   #38
Toastedbagel
Boulder Badge

t's a mellow day here in PASBLville; a nice 73 degrees Fahrenheit, with a bright and beautiful sun overhead. A light breeze cools the nonexistent spectators, who are currently drinking nonexistent sodas and placing nonexistent bets on which of our relatively unknown battlers will win: Bob, the challenger, or Jim, the acceptor.

The sun is momentarily blocked out as a large blimp advertising one "The Gyrating Wobbuffet Gentleman's Club-Help Wanted!-all ages/species welcome!" floats lazily past at what appears to be a dangerously low altitude. The worn-out, aging Clay arena is plunged into shade.

"Well, that's nice," murmurs the referee, shuffling through his notes as he sits at a cheap plastic foldout table. An Azumarill and an Abra rest on top of the table next to the blond-haired teenager.

"Oh, will you just get on with it already?!" yells the Azumarill in a slightly raspy and not-so-slightly British voice. "It's already been three paragraphs, for tea's sake!"

"Whatever," retorts the ref. "It's not like anyone's watching, anyway." He begins to state the rules of the battle, this time in a slightly louder voice. "Hello, one and all! Our battle today between Jim and Bob will be under the Slapstick, Equievo, and Return=KO rules, and is a 2 versus 2 with a 72 hour disqualification period! A special thanks goes to the Parks and Recreation office of PASBLville, for letting us use their not-really-so-wonderful PASBLville Public Clay Arena! If the two challengers could give us their squads, please? If you're not aware of the order, Bob states his squad and trainer level, Jim does the same and sends out a Pokemon, Bob sends out a Pokemon and orders, Jim orders, I ref, Jim orders, Bob orders, I ref, lather, rinse, and repeat. Whew."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob
I'm a TL1.
Magby-Male-Level 1
Good luck, Jim!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim
I'm also a TL1.
Eevee-Male-Level 1
Go, Eevee. Same to you, Bob!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob
Go, Magby. Use Dynamicpunch and Flamethrower.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim
Use Double Team, then Curse.
"Aaaallllriiight! Let's get this battle started! You may now send out your Pokemon!"

"Our two male trainers step up to their battling positions, eying each other from across the arena. Jim throws a Pokeball in the air, sending out his first Pokemon, a fluffy, adorable Eevee with no name. Bob responds by tossing up a Pokeball of his own, a Magby appearing in a flash of white light."

"Magby starts the round off by going for a Dynamicpunch, charging up his stubby fist with Fighting energy. He runs towards Eevee, his pulled-back hand glowing reddish-brown. Eevee simply smirks and begins shifting positions rapidly in a Double Team, kicking up clouds of dust as he creates illusory clones of himself. He only manages to create 2 before Magby reaches him, forcefully thrusting his fist forward...into a clone, which promptly fades away, leaving only one."

"Eevee, confident in Magby's inability to discern between him and his clone, consumes some energy to Curse himself, his muscles growing to boost his attack and adding weight to reduce his speed. Meanwhile, Magby frets over which Eevee to Flamethrower, deciding on the one on the right. The cone-mouthed fire lizard lets loose a stream of blazing fire, the roaring flames coming dangerously close to the real Eevee but doing him no harm. Eevee's last clone is incinerated away, leaving only a burnt patch on the gray clay. If Magby had the sufficient facial features, I'm pretty sure he'd be FFFFFFFFUUUUU-ing right now."

Bakura: "Well, that Magby certainly got the worst of it this round...much like Marik did last night. Heh. No damage, but his energy use was quite high. He's getting close to the 3/4s mark, but he still has a bit of a way to go. Fighting energy is at 3/4s."

Light: "Eevee got really lucky this round. No damage, and his energy use was less than Magby's by a good bit, but he still used a lot."

Orders from Jim.

Last edited by Toastedbagel; 10-09-2010 at 01:47 PM.
Toastedbagel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 04:56 AM   #39
hen da man
Rainbow Badge

Send a message via MSN to hen da man
Grace: Welcome to this lovely day on the Yawn Arena. A good battle we will be looking forward to I hope between John and Eddy! So let’s get some stats up here:

Quote:
John (C) Vs Eddy (A)
1 Vs 1
96 HR DQ
Slapstick
Equilevel
Yawn Arena
Zane: As mentioned earlier on it looks as if we will be on the Yawn Arena or otherwise known as the Lawn Arena. It will be a one on one so both players have pm’ed me their ‘mon and moves so let’s get started!

The order will be:
John just ordered,
Eddy just ordered,
I ref,
Eddy orders,
John orders,
I ref,
John orders,
Eddy orders,
I ref,
Rinse and repeat.

Pokemon:
Quote:
Originally Posted by John
Dratini, get out there!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy
Abra, do your best buddy.
Moves:
Quote:
Dratini use Dragon Pulse and Flamethrower.
Quote:
Abra, Teleport behind it before any attack hits and use DynamicPunch.
Grace: Well it looks as if John has sent out a slithering blue and white creature who happens to be a Dratini. On the other side of the field we see a red flash and out pops Eddy’s Abra. Interesting match up and let’s see what happens.

Zane: It looks as if Dratini is planning a Pulse of Dragon energy! But looking over the other side of the field it looks as if Eddy has a plan just as Dratini strikes we look over to see no Abra! Everyone looks a bit confused for a moment as it seems Abra has used Teleportation to dodge the move! All of a sudden Abra pops up behind Dratini and delivers a big Punch! Some would call it Dynamic but I must say that looks like it hurt! Dratini though through the pain manages to shoot out a Flamethrower that wasn’t as powerful as John might have liked.

Grace: Dratini used a good amount of energy there just moving past the end of the first quarter mark! Fire energy is close to halfway through already. Health is nearing the end of the first quarter as well.

Zane: Abra also used a decent amount of energy also into his second quarter but used a little less than Dratini. Health is also very good about half way through his first quarter.

Both: Orders from Eddy.

My reffing application.

Jeri: Energy use is quite high, remember that Pokemon have 1.5 times their health in energy. Health seems a little iffy for Abra. Description is lacking.

Daisy is just the best for making the battlecut!

I am now a C+ ref!!

FB
Spoiler: show
Fizzy Bubbles
- Houndour - Lv. 12
- Heracross - Lv. 12
- Murkrow - Lv. 5

A great quote from Tdos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyranidos View Post
I think i catch my typos but i keep typoing my typos so then i just dont even bother trying toc rrecty them because i will jeust keep typoing forever

edit: also any kids reading this dont drink it fucks u pyour brannreal bad

Last edited by Jerichi; 11-11-2010 at 05:56 AM.
hen da man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 05:11 AM   #40
hen da man
Rainbow Badge

Send a message via MSN to hen da man
Grace: Welcome to this lovely day on the Yawn Arena. A good battle we will be looking forward to I hope between John and Eddy! So let’s get some stats up here:

Quote:
John (C) Vs Eddy (A)
1 Vs 1
96 HR DQ
Slapstick
Equilevel
Yawn Arena
Zane: As mentioned earlier on it looks as if we will be on the Yawn Arena or otherwise known as the Lawn Arena. It will be a one on one so both players have pm’ed me their ‘mon and moves so let’s get started!

The order will be:
John just ordered,
Eddy just ordered,
I ref,
Eddy orders,
John orders,
I ref,
John orders,
Eddy orders,
I ref,
Rinse and repeat.

Pokemon:
Quote:
Dratini, get out there!
Quote:
Abra, do your best buddy.
Moves:
Quote:
Dratini use Dragon Pulse and Flamethrower.
Quote:
Abra, Teleport behind it before any attack hits and use DynamicPunch.
Grace: Well it looks as if John has sent out a slithering blue and white creature who happens to be a Dratini. On the other side of the field we see a red flash and out pops Eddy’s Abra. Interesting match up and let’s see what happens.

Zane: It looks as if Dratini is planning a Pulse of Dragon energy! But looking over the other side of the field it looks as if Eddy has a plan just as Dratini strikes the fiery ball which is travelling at a significant speed, we look over to see no Abra! Everyone looks a bit confused for a moment as it seems Abra has used Teleportation to dodge the move! All of a sudden Abra pops up behind Dratini and charges up his fist in fighting type energy as he delivers a big Punch! Some would call it Dynamic but I must say that looks like it hurt! Dratini though through the pain manages to shoot out a Flamethrower that wasn’t as powerful as John might have liked. The flames shoot across the field to deal some good damage to Abra.

Grace: Dratini used a good amount of energy there just moving past the halfway mark of the first quarter mark! Fire energy is close to halfway through already. Health is nearing the end of the first quarter as well.

Zane: Abra also used a decent amount of energy which puts him to the midway point of his first quarter. Health is also good though he is nearing the end of his first quarter.

Both: Orders from Eddy.

Is that better?

Jeri: Eh, looks ok, but I am not a fan of those layering fractions - that's even worse than straight numbers. But for the purposes of this part, that's fine. PM me for the test.

Daisy is just the best for making the battlecut!

I am now a C+ ref!!

FB
Fizzy Bubbles
- Houndour - Lv. 12
- Heracross - Lv. 12
- Murkrow - Lv. 5

A great quote from Tdos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyranidos View Post
I think i catch my typos but i keep typoing my typos so then i just dont even bother trying toc rrecty them because i will jeust keep typoing forever

edit: also any kids reading this dont drink it fucks u pyour brannreal bad

Last edited by Jerichi; 11-15-2010 at 06:46 PM.
hen da man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 10:42 AM   #41
moviezackiel
Boulder Badge

My Two Battles
http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=465273
http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...ight=roseheart

Welcome to the great but relatively boring Clay Arena. It will be host to our battle between Bob and Jake.

Quote:
Bob vs Jake
1 vs 1
48 hr DQ
Equilevel
Slapstick
Clay Arena

Orders will be
Bob post squad
Jake post squad and pick Pokemon
Bob picks Pokemon and attacks
Jake attacks
I ref
Jake attacks
Bob attacks
I ref
Rinse and repeat

Quote:
Bob
Machop Level 1
Quote:
Jake
Charmander Level 1
Go Charmander
Quote:
Go Machop
Karate Chop and then a DynamicPunch
Quote:
A Flamethrower then an Agility
So our battle is about to begin.

Two boys both around the age of 12 or so walk out on opposite sides of the field. Bob is wearing a red shirt, blue shorts, and some sneakers. Jake is wearing the exact same thing except with a hat. They both throw out their Poke Balls at the same time. Out of Bob ball comes out a red light that forms to be a Machop with nice muscle. Out of Jake comes out another red light and a red lizard that is a Charmander. A gunshot is fired and the battle begins.

Charmander starts to build up fire in it's mouth while Machop runs across the clay. Machop gets ready to Chop at Charmander Karate style. Machop aims for the shoulder but Charmander releases a Flamethrower on Machop right before he could land a hit. Ouch that looked like it hurt. The force of the flames being thrown at him at close range pushes Machop back halfway across the field. Since Machop is pretty angry after his failed attack he decides to charge up a DynamicPunch. His hand starts glow white as he charges energy into his clenched fist. He runs at Charmander ready to land his attack this time. But Charmander has other plans and with a burst of Agility runs out the way of the attack which just ends up hitting the air. Machop is very angry since both his attacks missed and Charmander is getting a little cocky.

Charmander is in the lead sustaining no damage at all. He did however use a decent amount of energy around halfway between perfect and his second quarter.

Machop took a nice hit with that close range Flamethrower. It put him between halfway through his first quarter and starting his second quarter. Energy for him is about the same as Charmander.

Jake for the orders

Jeri: Eh, looks ok, but I am not a fan of those layering fractions - that's even worse than straight numbers. But for the purposes of this part, that's fine. PM me for the test.

Yes, I copypasted. Partially because I'm lazy and partially because I feel the same way.

Pasbl Stats

Trainer Level 1
Wins:1 Loss:4
TP:16 KO:1

Last edited by Jerichi; 11-15-2010 at 06:46 PM.
moviezackiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 10:48 PM   #42
Ethereal
Creepy Hand Person

Send a message via AIM to Ethereal Send a message via MSN to Ethereal Send a message via Skype™ to Ethereal
UPN PASBL: IceQueen vs. TheHumanTorchic

Match: 1 2

"Hello everyone, thank you for joining us the Disco Hall. Today we will be holding a match between two trainers newer than I am, and hopefully this'll be short 'n' sweet. This match will have one Pokemon per side, slapstick rules, and a twenty four hour period has to pass before any disqualifying happens.

"Let's take a look at the arena description for a sec:
The Disco Hall: Should trainers wish, they might battle in the disco hall. A large hall, much the same size as a school gym. The floor is covered in alternating colored flashing tiles. There is a lot of mist, from the smoke machines fitted into the walls at meter intervals, about a meter from the floor. All around the walls are tables, with goodies and treats on them, like crisps, and biscuits. Near the north of the arena is a mixing deck, controlled by a man with a large afro. Multicolored beams of light protrude from the mixing decks cupboards. Think of the lights on the 20th century FOX logo. Pokemon are released in the center of the room.
Special rules: Artificial Lighting, Fire Sprinklers, Fog, Onlookers

"Now, I'll have your Pokemon and attacks sent by PM, and after the reffing, THT will order first. Orders ahoy!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceQueen
Elizabeth: Level 1 Female Smoochum
Go Lizzy! Give whoever your foe is some Lovely Kiss Hearts, then a Nightmare!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHumanTorchic
Pepperoni: Level 1 Male Magby
Give 'em a Mega Punch and Flamethrower!
"Both trainers eagerly throw their selected Pokeballs out near the center of the arena, and the humanshape tykes gaze at the expansive arena, then stare each other down as things are about to begin. In the background, a guitar riff begins to play, as the DJ has selected Mr. Brightside as the song to play for this round.

I'm coming out of my cage
And I've been doing just fine
Gotta gotta be down
Because I want it all

Pepperoni the Magby pulls his fist back, which charges with a colorless energy as he rushes forward. The Mega Punch knocks Elizabeth in the face, and dealt a good hit as Lizzy is forced back by the punch. Maybe she likes getting beat a little bit, because soon after the attack she winks and makes Kissy faces at Pepperoni. She then blows a few Lovely heart shaped energy clusters, which erratically scoot towards Pepperoni. As they knock into him, his shoulders slump for a second, and..."

Ivy: "Pepperoni is asleep!"

It started out with a kiss
How did it end up like this
It was only a kiss, it was only a kiss
Now I'm falling asleep
And she's calling a cab
While he's having a smoke
And she's taking a drag

"The music in the background doesn't take Pepperoni from snoozeland, but he he probably wishes it could after what Lizzy's about to do. Elizabeth stares Pepperoni down, and he feels something come over him as he starts to experience some nasty Nightmares. Pepperoni shivers and mumbles incoherently as he sleeps, and feels his energy being sapped as he lives the nightmare, and it doesn't look like he'll be waking up this round.

Now they're going to bed
And my stomach is sick
And it's all in my head
But she's touching his-chest
Now, he takes off her dress
Now, let me go
And I just can't look its killing me
And taking control

Elizabeth took a good hit from the Mega Punch, which pushed her below perfect by a notable amount, but she could still take another one of those before her health dips below the 3/4 mark. She used up a considerable chunk of energy this round, but she made good use of it. She's breathing normally and is still fresh.

Pepperoni's health has remained untouched for now, but his current situation could be easily abused by Elizabeth. His energy use has been substantial so far, starting to get close the 3/4 mark and could be depleted even more if he stays asleep for too long. A hit could easily wake him up right now, but he might wake up on his own next round. He'll probably be breathing a bit heavier than usual if he uses a lot of energy next round.

Orders from TheHumanTorchic, please.

Jeri: Lovely Kiss doesn't really put the foe to sleep in the ASB. Everything else looks ok, but accurate description application is essential to good reffing. Rejected for now.

Last edited by Jerichi; 12-05-2010 at 09:22 PM.
Ethereal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 02:10 PM   #43
Selena
Aroma Lady

Links to my matches are in my sig (click the banner, and they are under the "matches" spoiler).
I would like to actually use some real first round Pokémon and orders for my ref app, so I’m using Concept VS Firewater’s first round, wich at the time of posting hasn’t been reffed yet.

Quote:
Firewater (c) vs. Concept (a)
4 v 4 Doubles
Return=KO
Realistic w/o Death
60 Hr. DQ
Rock Arena avec pool
Equal-Level=5
So Firewater post his squad.
Concept posts his and sends out 2 mons.
Firewater sends out 2 counter mons and orders.
Concepts counter orders.
I ref
Concept orders
Firewater orders
I ref
Ect ect.

(Not showing the actual squads tough)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ”Concept”
Go Alexander and Echo Falls

Quote:
Originally Posted by ”squad post”
Echo Falls the Milotic (Female)
Milotic: (Water) Milotic's Attract and similar attacks are much more effective than normal. As an attack once per battle, it can calm down an opponent with a calming aura. Doing so can get rid of any mental boosting moves the opponent might have.
No sig.

Alexander the Blastoise (Male)
Blastoise: (Water) The largest of the Squirtle line, Blastoise is the least agile of the three. However, it is much tougher, its shell is harder and heavier, and it’s the fastest of the Squirtle line in the water and on land. Like Squirtles and Wartortles, however, they are vulnerable if knocked on their backs, though Blastoise are more “set” than the rest of the Squirtle line, and are harder to knock down.
Bio: Alexander always hated dirt and mud, and spent much of his time cleaning himself off with water gun. I tried to get him to train with various ground types, in an attempt to train him in ground moves and help fight his electric weakness, but he rejected them all as being too dirty. Eventually, I managed to get him to train with a Baltoy, as Baltoy's levitation kept him away from the dirt and "clean as a whistle" as Archibold put it.
No sig.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ”Firewater”
interesting. As much as I'd like to get into an all water fight, we'll save that for later.

Kingdra, Twist, you two are first! (Kingdra in the water)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ”squad post”
*Twist* Male Furret Lv.5

Bio: Twist seems to be all over the place, yet he's not happy with himself. He really doesn't like to move around all of the time, he'd rather just physically attack his opponents, and crush their heads with his own hands. Therefore he focused all of his time and energy in strengthening his physical attacks through hard work and weights... AKA lifting Gravelers.

Special Training: Bodybuilder

Twist is much stronger than the average Furret. For losing 25% of his natural Speed and Agility, he gains a 25% boost in strength. Also his Special attacks only work at 75% power, while his Physical attacks work at 125% power. He also has learned Hammer Arm and cannot use Quick Attack, or any Hyper Beam over a Quick Charge.
Kingdra (Male) Lv.6
Screech to stun them Furret, as Kingdra Dragonbreaths the one closer to you in the water. Afterwards, Kingdra, Swift, and Twist, Secret Power whichever one is closer to you
Quote:
Originally Posted by ”Concept
>the one closer to you in the water

I didn't send either out in the water. Generic starting location, hence lack of specification in my post.

"Screech should throw Kingdra off just as much as you guys, so I want Milotic to use twister to send his dragonbreath back at him, then follow with a confuse ray. Blastoise, skull bash through the power and into Furret then dynamicpunch it.

So here we are at the rock field from Pummelo stadium. The trainers facing each other are Concept and Firewater in a match to show who’s the best with the water type. Why they chose such a rocky field is beyond me tough.

Concept is the first trainer to send his Pokémon out. A Strong and tough looking Blastoise named Alexander and a beautiful Milotic named Echo Falls. I like their species (hence my name), but am not able to get one yet.

Firewater releases his Pokémon on the other side on the field. These are a Kingdra, who is released in the pool and a Furret named Twist.

Sure to be interesting, but let’s get some pokedex data first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ”pokedex”
Blastoise: (Water) The largest of the Squirtle line, Blastoise is the least agile of the three. However, it is much tougher, its shell is harder and heavier, and it’s the fastest of the Squirtle line in the water and on land. Like Squirtles and Wartortles, however, they are vulnerable if knocked on their backs, though Blastoise are more “set” than the rest of the Squirtle line, and are harder to knock down.

Milotic: (Water) Milotic's Attract and similar attacks are much more effective than normal. As an attack once per battle, it can calm down an opponent with a calming aura. Doing so can get rid of any mental boosting moves the opponent might have.

Kingdra: (Water/Dragon) The largest of the Horsea family, it is also the fastest and most agile. However, just like its predecessors, this translates only into the water.

Furret: (Normal) A Furret’s body is long and extremely flexible. While neither the fastest nor the most agile, they are able to bend their bodies adequately to avoid attacks or get into areas that other Pokémon cannot.

The round starts with Twist screaming his lungs out in a terrible screech. The screech goes through the entire arena and makes all Pokémon winch from the awfully high pitched noise and are not able to attack. That is, till the furret stops screaming.

This prompts Kingdra to start breathing his foul dragon breath towards Echo Falls. Hasn’t his mother taught him to brush his teeth? Echo Falls was ready for this and prepares a twister. The twister sucks up the draconic flames and heads towards Kingdra. But some of the flames already hit the milotic for some light damage before she could start it completely, and..... gets paralyzed a bit. The with dragon energy imbedded twister is going to hurt a lot, if it wasn’t for the fact that the water from the pool gets sucked up too, extinguishing the dragonflames. The now water imbedded twister slams into kingdra, whirling it around while doing heavy damage, although the extra water damage is neglected due to a four times resistance.

Meanwhile Twist has started her secret power, firing the eye-lasers at Alexander who got his protective aura up just in time for the secret power to be harmless. He then charges at Twist for a nasty skull bash and hits for heavy damage while knocking it down. Not ready yet with his onslaught he charges his fist with fighting energy and tries to slam Twist with an additional Dynamic Punch, the furret, seeing as that would be no good, tries to get away from it, but being knocked down from the skull bash and his sig making him slower prevents him from being successful and he takes the full blow. This causes a small explosion, sending the lighter furret flying for a couple of feet, but luckely not hitting any rocks although some minor scrapes from the rough terrein appear. He gets up and starts twisting in place, confused from that hit.

Kingdra in the meanwhile got his act together and starts swiftly shooting some stars at Echo Falls. Doing fair damage and knocking the paralyses out of her. After wich she sends back a ray of confusing light back to the kingdra, who starts to wonder how all those colours became so funky all of a sudden. Apperently also being confused.

The end result being:
Blastoise escaped unharmed but used a very large chunk of energy. A good way below perfect with fighting energy half gone.

Furret is the reverse case, used very little energy, being close to perfect still, but took major damage. Heading towards the midpoint, but not quite there yet. He is also confused

Milotic used very good energy on that twister and confuse ray, but it shouldn’t hinder her too much. Flying energy half gone, ghost energy took a hit. Health wise she took some damage but is above both Furret and Kingdra.

Kingdra used moderate energy. Slightly above Milotic. Damage wise he took good damage from twister and is slightly below milotic in that aspect. Just like Furret, he's confused.

Orders from Concept please.

Jeri: Though I appreciate your enthusiasm and drive, double battles are really a bit outside of the realm of new refs, let alone some of the more experienced ones, not to mention a pain to ref -and- judge.

That being said, I'm having a hard time determining what to do with you. You did a decent job for your first time out with little experience but it's sloppy to say the least. Your reffing is riddled with typos, many of which can be caught with a quick run through Word. Health and energy seem reasonable, but it's hard to say with the craziness of the Double Battle exchanges. As a precautionary measure, I'm going to have to reject you for now - come back with a simpler round that's more at your level and try again. I like that you're using real-life scenarios but I'd rather see something a bit more manageable (oh, and omit sigs). Rejected for now.

B- grade ref.
Quote:
Originally Posted by empoleon dynamite View Post
Shouldn’t the Hoff be doing something if he’s still around? I have strict rules about leaving the pool, and I’m sure vanishing the pool out of existence breaks those rules in some way :P

Last edited by Jerichi; 12-05-2010 at 09:28 PM.
Selena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 10:33 AM   #44
Selena
Aroma Lady

Attempt two. I would like to point out that I've run this (and the last one) through word several times. If this still contains typo's it's either because it's the american spelling or that the typos are grammatical in nature and word doesn't pick them up. If the latter point me to the mistake please so I don't make them again.

Disclaimer: Any resemblance between persons in this reffing and real ones are purely coincidental.
I_T VS CratosAurion. Grass Pokémon leveling up.

I_T (c) vs. CratosAurion (a)
1 v 1 Singles
Return=KO
Slapstick
60 Hr. DQ
Forest Clearing arena
Equilevel=1
Special rule: grass types only.

Quote:
Forest Clearing (Outdoor Custom Arena): Basic Lawn arena with the following special rules. Terrain Edge (Forest), Wild Pokémon (Forest). May not have Announcer, Artificial Lighting (Any), Battle Platforms, Grandstand, Onlookers, Stadium. Other optional special rules may be used if they do not conflict with these restrictions and the required special rules.
So I_T PM’s his grass type and orders.
Cratos PM’s his grass type and orders.
I ref
I_T orders
Cratos orders
I ref
Ect ect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ”I_T”
Go Bellsprout (level 1, male), start with a sludge bomb. Then use swords dance for later.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ”CratosAurion”
Go Exeggcute (level 1, male), start with an egg bomb. Proceed with a psychic wave if your opponent is part poison, sludge bomb if not.
Welcome here today in the lovely forest clearing arena. Today we seem to have a leveling up match between two grass type enthusiasts. It surely is a fitting arena for a grass match. The trainers seem to be ready and send out their Pokémon. From I_T we see a poisonous pitcherplant Pokémon, a Bellsprout. A good choice in a grass battle, however Cratos seems to have anticipated this and sends out a bunch of psychic coconuts, an Exeggcute. Let’s get some extra data from the pokedex.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ”pokedex”
Bellsprout: (Grass/Poison) Provided that the ground is fertile, Bellsprout may root itself into the ground. It cannot move while rooted, but it slowly draws energy from the soil, replenishing energy and health. Poisoned ground will have the opposite effect, damaging Bellsprout instead of healing it. Rooting is one move, and uprooting itself counts as another.

Exeggcute: (Grass/Psychic) Exeggcute share a linked mind: none can be surprised unless they all are. While individually weak, they display strong group tactics, and the healthiest one will take the hits for the weakest ones. An Exeggcute is considered knocked out when all its individual eggs are.
OK, with the formalities out of the way the battle begins. Both Pokémon start gathering energy and begin bombing each other. Bellsprout goes with a sludge bomb while Exeggcute seems to go with a bomb in his own image, an [egg bomb]. The two seem to get the attacks off at the same time, and with all those projectiles flying around it can’t be avoided that some of the eggs hit the sludge in midair, exploding some of the sludge bombs. This results in sludge splattering everywhere, but due to the explosion happening in the middle and the distance between the Pokémon, they’re not hit too hard. Although Exeggcute suffers a bit more due to a weakness.

The rest of the bombs, both the sludgy and the eggy ones, manage to reach their intended target. Exeggcute gets hit dead on with the remaining sludge bombs dealing some good SE damage, but it fails to poison. Bellsprout on the other hand has eggs raining around him, but only three manage a direct hit due to his very small and slender figure resulting in some fair damage. The small explosions from the other ones still do some slight additional damage tough.

With the egg rain stopping Bellsprout starts to spin around, using swords dance with the intention to raise his attack stat for the future. Exeggcute however doesn’t want this and seeing (and feeling) that Bellsprout is quite poisonous he fires a psychic wave at the spinning Bellsprout. The wave hits and knocks Bellsprout off his feet, stopping the dance prematurely and dealing very good SE damage in return. Bellsprout did manage the majority of the dance tough and he has got a good boost. Just not as much as it could have been.

Summary:

Bellsprout took a nasty hit from both psychic and egg bomb (and a bit of his own sludge). Already a bit more to the midpoint then to perfect, but still a long way to go. Energy use was moderate. He also has an almost complete swords dance boost.

Exeggcute also took a nasty hit with the sludge bomb, but he was lucky that part of it exploded midflight. He’s a good way down below perfect, but above Bellsprout by a good bit. Energy use was good, and is a bit below Bellsprout with that.

I_T to order.

Jeri: Looks good - also it's a good thing Sludge Bomb didn't poison because it can't.

B- grade ref.
Quote:
Originally Posted by empoleon dynamite View Post
Shouldn’t the Hoff be doing something if he’s still around? I have strict rules about leaving the pool, and I’m sure vanishing the pool out of existence breaks those rules in some way :P

Last edited by Jerichi; 12-20-2010 at 06:47 PM.
Selena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 11:02 AM   #45
Roseheart
Cascade Badge

Application for Reffing

Another day, another battle on the Lawn area. A good choice for those who don't want silly things like trees or rocks getting in the way of their Pokemon. So, today on the field we've got Trainer#1 going up against Trainer#2. Here are the stats for this match:

Quote:
Trainer#1 (c) vs. Trainer#2 (a)
1 vs. 1
Singles
72Hr DQ
Slapstick
Equilevel
Lawn Area
Both trainers have already PMed me their first Pokemon along with their orders, so let's take a peek, shall we?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trainer#1
Bubbles, level 1 male Squirtle
No sig move

Okay, let's begin with Aqua Tail! Follow up with Mega Punch!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trainer#2
Blaze, level 1 male Chimchar
No sig move

Let's start with a double Shadow Claw!
Now let's begin.
As the Pokemon are sent out, it's obvious that Trainer#2's Blaze is at a disadvantage. But that doesn't necessarily mean the fire monkey is going to lose.
Being the faster of the two Pokemon, Blaze begins to charge up ghost-energy into his claws, striking Bubbles for a fair hit with his Shadow Claw, although it's no Solar Beam.
Bubbles responds by charging up an attack of his own, Aqua Tail. The attack strikes Blaze for good damage, moreso because of the type advantage, and also because Squirtle's tail is fairly large compared to Chimchar.
As a result of the hit, Blaze and Bubbles begin charging their next attacks around the same time. The Pokemon charge towards each other, at a similar pace, Bubbles' fist glowing white while Blaze's claws are glowing once again with Ghost-type energy. The attacks hit, causing a bit of an explosion, and, as the dust clears we see that both Pokemon have been pushed back from each other, but Blaze moreso.

At the end of this round, the Pokemon stand around seven metres away from each other. Blaze is slightly ahead in terms of energy, but has only about half his Ghost-type energy left. Blaze has already taken two solid hits, and is somewhat a way below Bubbles in terms of health.

Orders from Trainer#1, if you please

Jeri: There's nothing fundamentally wrong with this, but your description is a bit iffy - I'd like to see something a bit more solid in the future, but as it stands, it's fine. PM me for the test.

"For God so loveth the world, that he hath given his only son, that none that believe in him, should perish: but should have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

Last edited by Jerichi; 01-07-2011 at 06:21 AM.
Roseheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 04:44 AM   #46
brandan
The Lord of the Derp

Quote:
Taken from my reffing from serebii
Welcome all to the pink boat with a yellow stripe. This battle between Who'splayer3 and Strangestar.
Stats
3 vs 3
(C)Who'splayer3 (A) Strangestar
Singles
48 hour DQ
Return=KO
Slapstick
Equal-Level (1)
Ship-
The battle takes place on the boat from my Dragonairs' sig. Basically a small cruise ship. The deck has a small pool, captains cabin with the master bedroom, and a small place to have drinks. Second Floor has Kitchen and dinning room, living area (couches satellite TV, a Wii and a Nintendo 64). third floor has ten rooms(walk in closet small) reserved for my girl Pokemon enter without permission in one you may be attacked do to surprise. They get this floor as it has a beauty parlor (Three chairs a big mirror and lots of hair accessories and make up). The bottom floor is reserved for my boy Pokemon. Same as the rooms up stairs. Walk in/or fall you may be attacked. This floor has the rec room (A foosball, air hockey and pool table and weights in a corner). I got the insurance so lets get this started
Who'splayer3 will post squad
Strangestar will counter with his then send out 'Mon
Who'splayer3 will counter with his 'Mon and orders
Strangestar then will order
I ref and so on and so forth

Who'splayer3:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who'splayer3 View Post
Good luck SS!

Level 1 Female Psyduck
No Signature Move

Level 1 Male Chinchou
No Signature Move

Level 1 Female Tentacool
No Signature Move

Level 1 Male Wooper
No Signature Move

Level 2 Genderless Staryu
No Signature Move

Level 1 Male shiny Gastly
No Signature Move

StrangeStar:
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrangeStar View Post
same to you, glad to b back C=
heres my team
Sneasel(male) level 2
Aipom(male) level 2
Abra(male) level 1
Poocheyena(male) level 1
Larvitar(male) level 1
Tyrouge(male) level 1
All of them are sigless
I start the match off sending out my Aipom

Who'splayer3:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who'splayer3 View Post
Alright, then I'll send out my Staryu.
Use a Flash, then hit it right away with a BubbleBeam.

StrangeStar:
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrangeStar View Post
Alrite Aipom lets start off small. Fake Out before Flash hits you, then follow up with a solid Thunderpunch

The wind on the open sea splash on the side of the boat. A young man by the name of "Brandan" is at the bar. He checks his watch and then puts on a tux. As he stands behind the counter a flash of light is seen on the deck seems the first guest was just teleported in. There standing in the deck is the challenger Who'splayer3. Beside him Kigi points to the bar. The trainer seats himself on one of the stools provided. Within a few seconds the acceptor of the battle Strangestar appears in a flash of light. Kigi again points to the bar and with a flash goes to his room. The trainer sits down next to their foe. They shake hands. The ref clears his throat. Ahem' Just so you know a "Raging Gyradose was responsible for damages" under stood letting people battle on the ship is not covered in the insurance. Strangestar sends out a Aipom. After a couple seconds thought out comes a Staryu from Who'splayer3.

Quote:
Pokédex
Quote:
Aipom: (Normal) Aipom are more nimble, particularly with their tails. They can anchor themselves to something with their tails, leaving their limbs free to do other things. They are also more likely to stop from falling if there’s something within grabbing distance of their tail.

Quote:
Staryu: (Water) Starmie and Staryu are, technically, blind. However, they use their senses, along with an excellent sense of touch, to detect opponents. Starmie and Staryu are capable of limited flight by using psychic energy. A Starmie or Staryu’s core is its most vulnerable point. While not as adept at psychic abilities as Starmie, Staryu are considered familiar with psychic abilities, and can use Psychic to lift Pokemon.

As your both so original I shall name Staryu, Astrum (Means star) for this battle. The Aipom name shall be Hanz.

Hanz starts out the round fast and hits Astrum with a Fake out, before it can set of the flash.The dark energy travels through it's body freezing it's mussels so no flash happens. Instead a beam of bubbles shoots out of Astrum's Gem. The beam nails Hanz dead on. Hans takes a good hit but his eyes fill with vengeance. Hanz evilly cackles as he charges his tail with electric energy and hits Astrum's gem. The sensitive area takes a lot of damage from the SE thunder punch. The dirty little type spammer.

Stats:

Astrum used little energy. Though tool a lot of damage and is starting it's second HB in health.

Hanz is in the lead for now. He has half his first HB of health remaining. Used up a third of his electric energy. Same with dark. He has almost used up his first HB in energy.

With round one out of the way we will need StrangeStar. Also *places two cups on the counter* what will ya have?

Jeri: Too short and too simplistic. The reffing itself should not be shorter than the introduction. Damage is also pretty off - T-Punch is decently powerful but it's not going to do an HB of damage to Staryu. Energy use also seems high for Aipom. Rejected.

EDIT: Wait, you have a grade already? :x I really should not be rejecting you if you have a grade. Go back and put some actual effort into your reffings.

Last edited by Jerichi; 01-22-2011 at 12:53 PM.
Old 01-22-2011, 01:10 PM   #47
brandan
The Lord of the Derp

I have no grade.

Ps. If I can explain

Fake out .2 of a hyperbeam
Thunder punch .4 hyper beam.
As half of Thunder Punch is electric and the other half is phyisical it becomes .6HP
Since it hit it's sensitive spot I gave the bass power (.4) a .5 (.2) increase in extra damage.
__+
1HB

Jeri: It doesn't really matter how you calculate it when you don't produce anything of quality. Come back later with a reffing that is actually decently written and we'll see about a second test.

Last edited by Jerichi; 01-22-2011 at 03:32 PM.
Old 01-22-2011, 04:27 PM   #48
brandan
The Lord of the Derp

Fine thank you.
Old 02-21-2011, 08:45 PM   #49
brandan
The Lord of the Derp

REF APPLICATION.

Today's battle is between Trainer A and Trainer B
1 vs 1
30 min DQ
Equilevel 1
Slapstick
Return=KO
Pummelo Stadium Arena #1
Pls send PMS

Quote:
Trainer A: Done
Quote:
Trainer B: Sent
OK I got the PMS
Quote:
Trainer A:Good luck. Go Charmander lvl 1 male release a smoke screen and lay low so it can't find you.
Quote:
Trainer B: Lets go Pachirisu lvl 1 male! Charge then Discharge. Good Luck

Quote:
Pokedex
Quote:
Pachirisu: (Electric) As a squirrel, Pachirisu is very nimble and climbs well.
Quote:
Charmander: (Fire) Charmander is the most agile of the Charmander family on the ground. All of the Charmander family have flaming tails, which give off light to about 30 feet.
The battle starts as the two trainers shake hands. They each pick out a Pokemon and throw out at the same time. Trainer A starts with a Charmander. Trainer B sends out a Pachirisu. The little electric squirrel begins to charge up his electric energy. While Charmander lets out a screen of pich black smoke. It slowly seeps around him and the area he is in. The little newt is nowhere to be seen in the floating soot. The little squirrel squints as it looks into the soot trying to locate its foe. He cant see so he decides to just go and attack the arena it was last. The little squirrels cheeks spark the they Discharge a barrage of electric tendrils into the soot. The scream of pain that comes tells us it was a hit. Plus the sounds of the newt moving tells us no status effects.

Stats:

Charmander: Took a good hit. Falling a ways below half it's first HB. Energy is still near perfect. Still hidden.

Pachirisu: Has not taken any damage. Energy was great and is near the final quarter of its first HB. Boosted.

Muyo: Lonely Cubone says- "This looks better than previously, but I'm not happy to accept a round which you've engineered in order to have nearly nothing happen. If you can post another with a little more in the way of attacking intent, then I will consider it. Also, please learn to use commas." Rejected.

Last edited by Muyotwo; 04-22-2011 at 05:18 AM.
Old 02-26-2011, 05:11 PM   #50
DaisyInari
Making that sweet coin

Send a message via MSN to DaisyInari
http://forums.upnetwork.net/showthre...?t=2724&page=3

http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...=468202&page=4

Raph vs Jack
3 vs 3
Slapstick
Return = KO
Beach Arena

The beach is empty, with the only the sounds of the sea and a slight breeze bringing in a salty tang to the air. A girl walks to the center of the beach, a small Torchic following her in light, jumping footsteps. She scans the sand, and, with a microphone she conjures up from nowhere, she begins her announcement.

WELCOME FROM THE BEACH ARENA, TO THE EPIC BATTLE THAT IS ABOUT TO UNFOLD! It will be a 3vs3 fight between two fresh trainers, Raph and Jack! Shake hands you two, send out your pokes, and let’s get this party started!

Raph: Vulpix, my sweet, use Flamethrower and Zen Headbutt!
Jack: Croagunk, you got this! Use a Sludge Bomb and Bounce to dodge the Zen Headbutt as well as hit it!

The trainers release their pokeballs into the air, revealing 2 very different pokemon. The firefox assesses her opponent warily before making the first move. Feeling the fire energy build insider her, Vulpix unleashes a stream of fire in an impressive display of Flamethrower! The flames hit Croagunk squarely in the chest, knocking it into the sand. The toxic frog tries to get up and winces, clutching its abdomen. That’s right folks, it’s burned! However, this doesn’t prevent Croagunk from spitting a volley of Sludge Bombs in return, pelting Vulpix in hard bubbles of sludge that pop for great damage.
Angry that her fur has been sullied, she clears her emotions before charging at her opponent. Croagunk saw this coming, and he tensed his legs before this Headbutt of Zen reached him. Fortunately, he manages to Bounce away just before the psychic-infused cranium touches him. Unfortunately, the burns on his stomach pained him as he launched away, causing him to stumble and prevent him from hitting Vulpix back. The round has ended, and what a round it has been! Right, Embers?

Embers: Tor! (Heck yeah!)

It’s time for the aftermath! Both pokemon took substantial amounts of damage. With that burn, however, Croagunk will have some difficulties in later rounds.

Looking at energy, Vulpix is tired after using two powerful moves in a row. Croagunk is doing better, due to not fully completing Bounce. What will Jack do next?
Muyo: Lonely Cubone says- "Substantial" is not a damage term. Whilst you can use it in the body of text, you should try to use scale terms in the summary. I'm also a little unsure of your treatment of a burn, but otherwise this is pretty close to acceptable. I'm going to reject this for now, but please reapply." Rejected

It costs $0 to be a nice person! And even if it wasn't free why waste energy being a jerk like seriously

W(DQ)- 22(3) L(DQ)-14(0)
KO-55
TP-131 SP- 64.5/96.5 (5SP to Deh, 5SP to FW, 5SP to Desert Spirit, 8.5SP to Fallen Icarus, 10SP to Kyro12, 8SP to Charminions, 10 to aposteriori)
SHUCKS I GOTTA FIX THIS SOMETIME
~TL3~

~Fizzy Bubbles~

Credits to Charm for making this!

Come, my birdies!!!! Mwahahahaha!!!!!!

Thanks Pingu for being so nice and making me this~

Credit to TheKnightsFury for the sprite!

Fear my abnormally large signature~

Be Positive Ref~ I <3 you, Lonely Cubone and those who eval'd me~

Last edited by Muyotwo; 04-22-2011 at 05:19 AM.
DaisyInari is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL > Referees Forum