UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL > Referees Forum

Old 01-15-2009, 07:27 PM   #1
Razor Raven
Lonely Demon Slayer

Dratini Dave's Awesome School of Reffing

Reposting from Serebii

Welcome to the new Referee's school. This thread will be the first step on your road to reffing, as this is where you will post a sample reffing to get you approved for the real deal, where I will test your knowledge of moves, resistances, theoretical situations, as well as 3 more reffing scenarios that you must complete. Following the 3 scenarios will be some basic questions to see how much you know about pokemon and the moves, no biggie. After this ordeal, you will receive a grade, anywhere from A with the great refs, to D+ with the bottom of the barrel, or you might simply not pass at all.

(A+ can only be attained by first getting to grade 'A' then going through the Referee Evaluations at a later date)

For any that don't know how to do a sample reffing, the premise is simple. Two trainers arrive on scene, and send out two (non legendary) pokemon of your choice, though basic ones are preferred. The Trainers order moves, one going first, the other going second. Describe to the best of your ability what happens.

Good luck, and happy reffing.

-Proper Capitalization and Grammar, please! It makes things a lot easier on myself, not to mention any trainers you ref for in the future.
-Only one round. No need to go overboard
-Two moves per Pokemon. Don't make things too hard on yourself and go three-movers. And one-movers aren't a good judge of your abilities.

And a word of advice: DO take a look at reffings from current refs. You can learn a lot on what passes muster around here.

As of 8/4/08 you must have completed two ASB battles before applying to be a ref

Last edited by Lonely Cubone; 09-06-2011 at 04:36 AM.
Razor Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 03:16 PM   #2
Amras.MG
Not sure if gone...

Muyo said that I could use my RF reffing for this...

Rapid Fire between Alto and RS

Muyo says (1:39 PM):
you can post one of your RF reffings into the ref school.
Amras.MG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 08:06 PM   #3
Balmund
'Munds of fun

Send a message via Skype™ to Balmund
(Here goes reffing sample. Hope y'all likey)

Greetings, y'all! Today we mark the start of a heated battle between our challenger, Lass Alice, and Youngster James, the acceptor. It seems the battle will take place at the ample and rather soothing Soggy Shore Beach.

Quote:
Soggy Shore Beach (Outdoor Custom Arena): A Beach filled with sands of white. The shore stretches far into the distance, proving this beach's massive size. The waters rush to the shore only to be pulled back by the clear, sparkling waters of the ocean. Moving upwards palm trees are scattered about, some within groups, others alone. To the very left of the beach, within its waters, stretches a wall of stone into its depths. Gazing down the beach's shore, and arcing shape may be noticed. Although there isn't much to this location, it makes for an ample battleground. Many battles have been fought here in the past, their scars washed away by the mending waves of the ocean.
Ah, the view's so beautiful. A perfect contrast to the mayhem that's about to follow.

To make things simple for our starting trainers, here's how things go:

Alice posts her squad of 6
James posts his squad of 6 and sends out pogey
Alice sends out pogey and orders attacks
James orders
I ref
James orders
Alice orders
I ref and so forth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lass Alice
*posts squad*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Youngster James
*posts squad*

Go, Kabuto!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lass Alice
Kabuto? Easy. Budew, do your stuff. Growth to power up an Energy Ball!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Youngster James
Blizzard while the darned thing buffs. Then avoid that Energy Ball with a Double Team.
Both trainers send out their pogeys, revealing a male Kabuto on one side and a female Budew on the other! It looks like Kabuto is at a severe disadvantage here! How will James work this out?

Budew starts out first drawing energy from the sun with Growth, her body radiating with solar energy, further enhancing her special attacks. Woe is to her however as Kabuto used the opportunity to reel back a bit and fire a concentrated and super cold blast of air and ice, forming a devastating and crippling Blizzard. In the name of Arceus, I say that has got to hurt! As the blizzard hits its mark, ice slowly start to form accross Budew's body, eventually managing a full body freeze on the poor grass type! Frozen rock solid, Budew is clearly in no position to attack at this point. Following his trainer's orders, Kabuto then proceeds to move rapidly from side to side to form illusory copies of himself with Double Team as Budew struggles to free herself from the ice. A sole copy is created, which is probably due to Kabuto's speed and exhaustion right after his monstruos attack.

Budew took a bucketload of damage and is already deep into her first half. Energy wise though, she's just a bit off perfect. She's currently under a full-body freeze, courtesy of a full blown Blizzard.

Kabuto has yet to take any damage so far, so he's fine in that department. He's behind in the energy depertment by a decent bit though, but the battle has just started and Kabuto still has much to offer.

Kuno: Approved for test. Send me a PM with how you would like to take it.

::FB::WF::

Last edited by Balmund; 10-11-2009 at 03:35 AM.
Balmund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 03:23 PM   #4
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Send a message via AIM to Doppleganger
Ok, here's my sample reffing.

Chromium v. Tungsten
2 x 2
48 hr DQ
Slapstick
Return = KO
Arena: Cloudkeep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PASBL
This arena is situated high in the air above the praying eyes of the common folk; a secret arena if you will. The stadium, though incredibly sturdy, is very light, and floats on the warm air currents and thermals at that altitude. The stadium is enormous; with a white marble floor depicting several known and unique symbols, ancient Roman/Greek columns and tiles, and seventeen stain glass windows, representing all the elements of pokemon: Fire, Ice, Dragon, Grass, Poison, Bug, Ghost, Psychic, Dark, Steel, Dragon, Normal, Flying, Fighting, Water, Rock, and Electric. Each window has its own pokemon that best represents the element: IE: Lugia for Flying, Alakazam for Psychic, Zapdos for Electric, Articuno for Ice, Ho-oh for fire, Skarmory for steel, Dragonite for Dragon, Chansey for normal, Pidgeot for flying, Machamp for fighting, Gyarados for Water, Onix for Rock, Gengar for Ghost, Scyther for Bug, and Arbok for poison. Shattering the stain glass window will release an attack of that type purely by random: Affecting both pokemon, if not any. Otherwise, there are no normal hazards, except for being knocked out of the stadium to the ground miles below. However, there are special clouds that can be stepped on, and a pokemon may maneuver its way back onto solid ground by jumping; or continue to fight out in the open.

The stadium is a semi-circle design with several layers extending from the bottom floor in an open-ended fashion. There are two sets of stairs the encircle the first layer of the stadium, then a second set, and then to the lowest level-the battlefied. It is a pure marble floor

Slapstick battles on this stadium take place ONLY during the day and in good weather; Realistic rules may have it at night, during a storm, hurricane, etc. This is because a pokemon can be knocked outside of the stadium during rough weather, and may miss the dozens of jumpable clouds.

Imagine a stadium, with no doors. You can just walk in. Its a half dome, but it is divided into three sections: The highest, the middle, and the lowest level platforms. On the highest level are the stain glass windows that are replaced after every battle. In between each stain glass window is an opening, with a column there keeping it up. There is a colorful assortment of tiles in the domed roof, and at the bottom of the dome, platform 1, there is the symbol of Baal. Its a precious stone arena, and is fairly easy to battle on. Smashing a stain glass gives a random effect-an attack randomly selected from the window's type that it represents. The clouds outside can be jumped on, at least, the ones level with the floating cathedral-themed stadium. It floats all over the world and is never in the same place twice. It is floats about a mile or more above the ground, that is, sea level. The stadium is magically enchanted, but enough destruction can cause it to fall.
Note: Did I make this arena? o_O The writing style seems like my own. D:

Battle summary:

1. Chromium sent out a Magcargo, Tungsten sent out a Wooper.
2. Wooper defeated Magcargo, Chromium sent out Gastly.
3. Gastly defeated Wooper, Tungsten sent out Abra.
4. Gastly is a bit above half energy and moderate healthy.
5. Abra is at full energy and full health.
6. Tungsten orders a Psybeam and fully-charged Shadowball.
7. Chromium orders Psychic to redirect Psybeam into the stained glass window featuring Lugia.

Tungsten unfurls a Pokeball and two flashes of red light later, the crumpled form of Wooper vanishes and a sleeping Abra appears on the smooth marble. Abra bobs her head to attention, detecting the ghost Pokemon that stands (err floats) before it without needing to even open her eyes. She lifts her right hand and points at Gastly...what is that gesture? Live long and prosper?!

No, it's Psybeam! A prismatic beam erupts from Abra's fingertips and tears through the morning light straight at Gastly. But the Ghost Pokemon is prepared - his eyes glow red and the beam starts circling around the gaseous black orb like the Earth goes around the Sun. Gastly managed to hijack the Psybeam with his own Psychic attack, but he's noticeably stressed at trying to control it. Still, his chuckles and million-dollar grin at having accomplished such a difficult feat are well worth the extra energy spent!

But Abra's not finished yet. While Gastly is distracted by the beam from her right hand, she prepares what we in the financial cector[sic] call an FC Shadowball using her left. With her right now free again, Abra molds and melds the black ball of ghost energy with both hands, making it swell larger with each passing second...man, is that thing pulsating?

Gastly isn't idle, and aims that Psybeam straight at the glass portrait of Lugia. He's most likely hoping for an Aeroblast to strike Abra square. The glass shatters, a white silhouette erupts from behind it, rising into the sky. Is it Lugia? Whatever it is, it's up, up and...

Coming back down! With tremendous force, the Sky Attack strikes between the two battlers, just as Abra chucks the Shadowball at Gastly. The result is a gigantic explosion of rock and black energy, sending both Pokemon to the edges of the arena.

When the dust settles (which isn't long considering how windy it is up here), Gastly appears intact but rather miserable. Being a gaseous ghost, he didn't get harmed too much by the physical Sky Attack but it got a faceful of shrapnel from that Shadowball. He wasn't hit for full damage, but he's at half health after that attack. Despite the telekinetic strain, he's still fine on energy, although he could do without using his brain much in the next round. Gastly's currently at the edge of the arena, teetering over the side.

Abra came out the worse of the two, having taken the Sky Attack's explosion and some of the damage from its own Shadowball. It's still in good health, but is clearly tired after charging that heavy attack and trying to brace for two bombs going off right in front of it. Abra was slammed into one of the pillars and is right now leaning against the its base.

The arena is still windy, but there's now a gaping hole opening to the sky in the marble floor.
Muyo: I seem to recall that you did. And you were a B grade back then, so you can have that grade now without the test if you like.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて

Last edited by Muyotwo; 06-30-2009 at 04:07 AM.
Doppleganger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 02:19 AM   #5
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Send a message via AIM to Doppleganger
I'll start reffing again, but if there's a chance I can upgrade to B+ or A- with the ref test I'll continue with it. Now if I can just get AIM back online. ._.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Doppleganger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 09:26 PM   #6
Lady Kuno
Sad times are just times that are sad

School opened under new management.

XOXO
Kuno
~ haiku, Morg 2017
JUST NUKE THE FUCKING SUN

Spoiler: show
Lady Kuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 09:18 AM   #7
IceCold
Cascade Badge

Send a message via AIM to IceCold
REF APPLICATION!!!!

Welcome to the Extremely Exciting (Well it's actually pretty boring) Clay Arena for a battle between two newbies hopefully the battle will be exciting to them and convince them to stay! Anyway, Let's Go!

Battles Rules:
1 vs. 1
72 Hr DQ
Slapstick
Return=KO
Clay Arena
Seeing as this is one on one you will both need to PM me your squads and attacks for the first round. Good Luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceCold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super A-Man!
Go, Pikachu!
Super P-Girl Female Pikachu LV1
No sig
Super P-Girl start with Attract, Follow with Volt Tackle!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awesome S-Girl!
Go, Sandshrew!
Awesome Super S-Man Male Sandshrew LV1
No sig
Awesome Super S-Man use Slash follow and with Earthquake!
Good Luck to Both of you!

As the battle starts two Pokeballs fly from their trainers hands and two Pokemon appear in a blaze of red light.

The battle starts as Pikachu starts using its charms on Sandshrew. Sandshrews heart starts beating quickly as his eyes turn into lovehearts as he falls deeply in Love with the Yellow rat.

Sandshrew tries to remember it's trainers orders but is distracted by Pikachu as its eyes stray. Pikachu notices this and gets annoyed, charging towards Sandshrew in a flash of yellow light. As Pikachu rams Sandshrew she knocks him off his feet and sends him a couple of feet away but the ground-type mouse appears to have taken a relatively little amount of damage.

Sandshrew, having had his heart broken is extremely angry, and as Pikachu has been given no orders to evade Sandshrew leaps into the air and slams its tail into the ground which causes a strong tremor and deals Pikachu some serious damage.

End of round results:

Pikachu took serious damage from the Earthquake and used quite a lot of energy on that fairly useless Volt Tackle. Overall, Its not looking too good considering its only the first round.

Sandshrew looks proud of itself. It took a small amount of damage from the physical aspect of Volt Tackle and none from the electrical aspect. He used good energy on Earthquake but still has plenty left to go.

Awesome S-man to order.
Kuno: Hmm. A few things. Your desciptions of the attacks are fine, and detail is fine as well. Health and energy are on ok levels as well. However there was one attack that was used incorrectly, and one that that was a little off. Earthquake behaves differently in the PASBL, it does not deal ground damage like in the game (rather, it shakes the earth and such but this is all on the site and I don't feel like posting it all here). Secondly, while Volt Tackle is an electric attack, it there is also a physical side to it. Most Pokemon would probably be able to shrug one off from a Pikachu but Sandshrew is not much larger then it. The electric damage dealt would be non-existant but it should still do some physical damage. I'm afraid I'm going to have to reject you (mostly for the first mistake), however you can just resubmit a new situation at any time you are ready - there is no wait period or whatever. You just can't use this one again because I told you all the answers. >=O

PASBL RECORD:

C+ Grade Ref
Trainer Title: Your friendly clinically insane ASB punching bag.
Trainer Level- 1
37 TP - 7 KO's - 18 SP
4 Wins - 14 Losses - 1 Draws
Streak- 1 Draw
IceCold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 09:05 PM   #8
IceCold
Cascade Badge

Send a message via AIM to IceCold
REF APPLICATION V.2!!

Welcome to this battle! The arena is the wide open ocean. Lets see how our combatants can use it!

Rules:
Billy Ray vs. Bob
1 vs. 1
Slapstick
Switch = KO
Sea Arena
96 HR DQ ()

Order will be as follows:
You both PM me your pokemon and attacks for the first round.
I ref
Billy Ray orders
Bob orders
I Ref
Order switches and battle continues!

PM me your pokemon and attacks for the first round and we can get this show on the road! Good Luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted By IceCold

Quote:
Originally Posted By Billy Ray
Go, Gyarados!
Gyarados LV 2 Male
No sig.
Start by using Bite! Follow that with Dragon Rage!
Quote:
Originall Posted By Bob
Go, Chinchou!
Chinchou LV 1 Female
No sig.
Start by using Thunderbolt and follow that with another Thunderbolt.
Ok orders lodged and pokemon sent out! Lets get this started!

This battle begins with two trainers swimming in the miiddle of the ocean, theres no land in sight so this will be interesting! As the crowd watches via a live TV feed, two pokemon are sent in to do battle! These pokemon are Chinchou and Gyarados! One is a massive titan and the other is a small little angler fish known for its electrical prowess! This will be interesting!

The battle begins with Gyarados launching itself at Chinchou, jaws ablazing. Chinchou looks unfrightened and unleashes a stream of electrical energy at Gyarados and as The electricity collects Gyarados in the mouth, he feels tremendous pain.

Gyarados then looks down at Chinchou with a look of extreme anger on its face and summons a twister like object to symbolize its rage. The twister picks up Chinchou and whilst in the midst of the twister, Chinchou remembers its trainers order to use another Thunderbolt. She unleashes the electricity while being spun around and around and around. Some of the electricity hits Gyarados directly and some indirectly via the water but one thing is for sure, Gyarados is in a lot of pain and judging by the crackling electricity coming off of it, I'd say its paralyzed.

Results:

Gyarados has taken Extreme damage this round. More rounds like this one and we'll see a fairly quick KO. Energywise, he used a fair amount on Dragon Rage and barely any on Bite. It is also Paralyzed and it will be harder to move for a while yet.

Chinchou is looking fairly proud of itself having taken good damage but considering how much damage Gyarados took, Chinchou looks fairly untouched. Energywise, Chinchou has used a large amount and is a fair amount below Gyarados in the energy race.

Kuno: That was fast. XD Well for starters all the attacks were reffed correctly. So that's a plus. Health and energy are good, 4x moves are both killer and tricky to ref so you're doing fine there. Also you didn't post the arena description but that usually isn't a big deal, but for something like a sea it'll be good to know what exactly is there. Descriptions are good, but could be better. However that is something that usually comes with reffing - so get out there and do some after the test because you're good for one now. Send me a PM with how you'd like to go about getting that done when you're ready for it.

PASBL RECORD:

C+ Grade Ref
Trainer Title: Your friendly clinically insane ASB punching bag.
Trainer Level- 1
37 TP - 7 KO's - 18 SP
4 Wins - 14 Losses - 1 Draws
Streak- 1 Draw

Last edited by IceCold; 10-23-2009 at 09:08 PM.
IceCold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 09:18 PM   #9
KratosAurion
Soul Badge

Send a message via Skype™ to KratosAurion
PASBL Ref. Application:

Welcome everyone to this Battle that is about to unfold, between Aroma Lady Isabelle and Psychic Andrea, who is our Challenger on this fine evening, while Aroma Lady Isabelle will respond as our Acceptor.

Quote:
Lawn (Outdoor. Standard Arena for Outdoor Battles): A basic, standard terrain. Nothing special. The "Grass Field" arena from the Indigo Pokémon League in the anime is a prime example of a Lawn Arena.
Special Rules: None
*Aroma Lady Isabelle Posts Squad*
*Psychic Andrea posts Squad, and sends out the first Pokemon.*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychic Andrea
OK, Mime Jr., let's go!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroma Lady Isabelle
A Mime Jr. eh, quite the interesting choice, Cherubi, go ahead! Start us off with Magical Leaf, then keep the pressure going with Bullet Seed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychic Andrea
All righty, let's lead off with a Fake Out, follow up with a Confuse Ray at close range!
And so, after introduction between our two Trainers, as well as some competitive glares, as each holds a Pokeball in hand, ready to send their Pokemon to defend their pride, and show their Training. After the Pokeballs are thrown, and the Pokemon are released in a dazzling white light, we have our first competitors, on one side, a Female Mime Jr., and on the other, a Female Cherubi, and with this, our Battle is underway!

With both Pokemon staring at each other, Mime Jr. quickly decides to take the offensive and lead off this Battle, and darts off at an astounding speed attempting to Fake Out her opponent, while Cherubi starts to prepare herself to fire off a Magical Leaf, however, she finds herself startled, and her attack interrupted by the incoming Mime, who manages to get a small hit on the Cherubi, who is slightly startled, but soon manages to recover her senses, and prepares herself for her next attack, Bullet Seed, concentrating Grass Energy only to find herself interrupted once again by a brilliant light, a Confuse Ray, coming off from the Mime, who finds itself smiling, clearly satisfied with the result, as Cherubi looks dazzled by the brilliant light, and stands Confused at the end of this exciting first round, as a gentle breeze blows through the Arena.

At the End of the Round:
Mime Jr. is greatly satisfied with the results of the round, as she didn't take any damage, her mind is calm, and she's smiling, excited to keep Battling. She used light energy, and is slightly behind Cherubi on Energy, whereas health, she's perfect.

Cherubi's Confused, both of her attacks were interrupted, but she's still looking really good. She didn't use Energy at all, as both of her attacks were interrupted before she could manage to fire them, and she took a very small hit from the Fake Out. Health-wise, she's looking really good, took a small hit, but she's still prepared for a good Battle ahead.

Orders from Psychic Andrea.

Kuno: Descriptions were good. It was interesting to read. Attacks were reffed fine as well. Mr. Mime should probably be a little more tired then that I think but I think it's definatly within the scope of normal, I just couldn't think of much else to gripe about and I really wanted to gripe about something. Oh yeah I guess the reffings could be longer. But they could always be longer. Anyway you're good for the test. Send me a PM.

// PASBL // Wild Future //

Last edited by KratosAurion; 10-23-2009 at 09:20 PM.
KratosAurion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 09:54 PM   #10
Lady Kuno

Both of you are ok, but in the future I'd like it for all new ref applicants to have a link to 2 completed matches in their post somewhere.
~ haiku, Morg 2017

Old 10-24-2009, 09:44 AM   #11
Jerichi
本✚能

Just a note; please only post an application on one board and please be patient if they aren't checked right away. It's really confusing when you post on two boards because Kuno and I may end up checking you twice.

I still don't have mod powers so those on SPPf will have to wait a bit. The moment I get them, you'll be checked.
Jerichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 11:08 AM   #12
Lady Kuno

Oh yeah that too. Posting on both boards will cause a split in reality, one of which you are approved here and another where you're approved on SPPf and that means I'd have to go back in time to set things straight so it would be great if you didn't mess with the universe like that.
~ haiku, Morg 2017

Old 10-28-2009, 05:07 PM   #13
M. M.
Wai Hello Thar

Send a message via AIM to M. M. Send a message via MSN to M. M.
Battle One: http://forums.upnetwork.net/showthread.php?t=1603
Battle Two: http://forums.upnetwork.net/showthread.php?t=1576
-----------------------
I put quite a bit of time into this and I hope it doesn't have too many flaws in it. Please let me know what I need to fix so that I can further myself because I know this is not perfect. I'm definitely willing to take some constructive criticism and re-apply if it means improvement in my reffing abilities. And so without further ado, I give you my attempt at reffing, I hope it is acceptable. Oh and one other thing, are the color choices okay? I just want to know if they are hard to read/if they look too bad being clashing colors even though I chose them for that purpose.
----------------------

Bill (challenger) vs. Joe (acceptor)
1v1
Single Battle
Slapstick
Return = KO
72 Hour DQ
Clay Arena

Quote:
A basic, standard terrain. Nothing special. The arena used for the 5th round of the Indigo Pokémon League in the anime is a prime example of a Clay Arena.
Here’s how the order will go:
Bill posts his squad of 6
Joe posts his squad of 6 and sends out his Pokemon
Bill sends out his Pokemon and orders attacks
Joe orders attacks
I ref
Order reverses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill
*posts squad*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe
*posts squad*

Scyther Level 1 Male
No Signature Move

It’s your turn now Scyther!
Quote:
Duskull Level 1 Male
No Signature Move

A Scyther huh? Well then you‘re up Duskull! Use an Ominous Wind to start off and then Psychic (Wave Form)!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe
Light Screen to help block against the special attacks and then finish with a Pursuit.
Welcome one and all to a match between two new trainers in the Clay Arena! This match is between Bill the challenger and Joe the acceptor. It should be interesting to see how this one will play out.

The match begins with both trainers throwing their Pokéballs on this wonderful day for a battle. From Joe’s side, a Scyther and from Bill’s, a Duskull. The small grim reaper-like ghost begins by sending a sort of eerie and fairly Ominous Wind towards his opponent, a quite large creature that resembles a praying mantis. However, the Scyther has other ideas in store, and he quickly deflects Duskull’s ghastly wind with a rectangular Light Screen. All of a sudden, Scyther bursts through it’s own shield with a loud cry of power, and it begins to Pursuit Duskull while shrouded in a dark energy. The small ghost can’t do anything to get away from the double effective attack about to hit, but it sends a Wave of Psychic energy towards the Scyther in hopes of stopping it. The attack does absolutely nothing to the Scyther, who is coated in dark energy, and Duskull is hit because it is defenseless against the praying mantis put to get him. Scyther’s body returns to normal and the first round of this battle ends.

The Results:

Duskull took a good blow from the super effective hit and is a good ways away from perfect in the health department. He also used a quite large amount of energy in the process of the round, he’s somewhere around the three fourths mark energywise.

Scyther took no damage and used a fairly high amount of energy with both his attacks, he is above Duskull in energy by a decent amount.

Attacks from Joe please.

Jeri: First of all, please don't stretch the page with all those dashes. It makes your reffing harder to read and screws up the tables. Secondly, while you're reffing is fine overall, your energy is way off; keep in mind that Pokemon have enough energy to KO a Pokemon of equal evolution and level 1.5 times (or, in other terms, they have 1.5 times their health in energy). Repost your reffing with that in mind and I think I can accept you. Rejected for the moment.

Last edited by Jerichi; 10-28-2009 at 07:51 PM. Reason: Because I feel like stealing one from Kuno. And I'm not a mod on Serebii yet.
M. M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 08:16 PM   #14
M. M.
Wai Hello Thar

Repost without annoying dash marks ^.^

Battle One: http://forums.upnetwork.net/showthread.php?t=1603
Battle Two: http://forums.upnetwork.net/showthread.php?t=1576

Bill (challenger) vs. Joe (acceptor)
1v1
Single Battle
Slapstick
Return = KO
72 Hour DQ
Clay Arena

Quote:
A basic, standard terrain. Nothing special. The arena used for the 5th round of the Indigo Pokémon League in the anime is a prime example of a Clay Arena.
Bill posts his squad of 6
Joe posts his squad of 6 and sends out his Pokemon
Bill sends out his Pokemon and orders attacks
Joe orders attacks
I ref
Order reverses

Quote:
*posts squad*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe
*posts squad*

Scyther Level 1 Male
No Signature Move

It’s your turn now Scyther!
Quote:
Duskull Level 1 Male
No Signature Move

A Scyther huh? Well then you‘re up Duskull! Use an Ominous Wind to start off and then Psychic (Wave Form)!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe
Light Screen to help block against the special attacks and then finish with a Pursuit.
Welcome one and all to a match between two new trainers in the Clay Arena! This match is between Bill the challenger and Joe the acceptor. It should be interesting to see how this one will play out.

The match begins with both trainers throwing their Pokéballs on this wonderful day for a battle. From Joe’s side, a Scyther and from Bill’s, a Duskull. The small grim reaper-like ghost begins by sending a sort of eerie and fairly Ominous Wind towards his opponent, a quite large creature that resembles a praying mantis. However, the Scyther has other ideas in store, and he quickly deflects Duskull’s ghastly wind with a rectangular Light Screen. All of a sudden, Scyther bursts through it’s own shield with a loud cry of power, and it begins to Pursuit Duskull while shrouded in a dark energy. The small ghost can’t do anything to get away from the double effective attack about to hit, but it sends a Wave of Psychic energy towards the Scyther in hopes of stopping it. The attack does absolutely nothing to the Scyther, who is coated in dark energy, and Duskull is hit because it is defenseless against the praying mantis out to get him. Scyther’s body returns to normal and the first round of this battle ends.

The Results:

Duskull took a good blow from the super effective hit and is a good ways away from perfect in the health department. He also used a quite large amount of energy in the process of the round, he’s somewhere around the three fourths mark energywise but is leading against Scyther.

While Scyther's health is perfect his energy is a different story. Light Screen took quite a large amount of energy and therefore he is below Duskull by a good amount.

Attacks from Joe please.

Jeri: Thanks for getting rid of those, but you still don't seem to exactly get what I mean. Though the calculations seem a bit more solid now (Light Screen isn't a very low energy attack to say the least), they're still not in the 1.5 rule. Ominous Wind and Psychic aren't that draining. Rejected.

Last edited by Jerichi; 10-28-2009 at 08:24 PM.
Old 10-31-2009, 12:23 AM   #15
M. M.
Wai Hello Thar

Third times the charm right? Here goes nothing.

Bob (challenger) vs. John (acceptor)
1v1
Single Battle
Slapstick
Return = KO
72 Hour DQ
Clay Arena

Quote:
Bob posts his squad of 6
John posts his squad of 6 and sends out his Pokemon
Bob sends out his Pokemon and orders attacks
John orders attacks
I ref
Order reverses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob
*posts squad*
Quote:
Originally Posted by John
*posts squad*

Squirtle Level 1 Female
No Signature Move

Go Squirtle you can do it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob
Gloom Level 1 Male
No Signature Move
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob
Come on out Gloom, you should easily be able to defeat that Squirtle. Start out with a Sleep Powder to put it to sleep and then Solarbeam
Quote:
Originally Posted by John
Type doesn‘t always mean everything. Start with a Water Gun and then Bide your time.
Welcome to an exciting battle between two trainers in the Clay Arena. Our challenger is Bob and our acceptor of this match is John. Let’s see what happens when this match begins.

The two trainers begin this match by shaking hands and then it’s straight to business. From Bob’s side of the battlefield comes a male Gloom and from John’s a female Squritle is released from it’s Pokeball. Squirtle quickly makes the first move by spraying a Water Gun at the opposing Gloom. The Gloom shakes it off almost as if it enjoyed the unnatural rain and then smiles as it begins to fire back a Sleep Powder at it’s foe, Squirtle. It’s smile quickly fades, however, because Squritle had already begun to Bide it’s time and is unable to fall asleep because of it. Soon a red aura surrounds the small turtle as it braces itself, wide awake for what happens next. Gloom begins to charge up a Solar Beam. The high powered beam hit’s the small turtle for some hard damage but then it’s red aura stops glowing around it and a light begins to form at Squirtle’s mouth. She fires the beam straight at her opponent dealing some very heavy damage as the round draws to a close.

The Results:

Both Pokemon took an extremely high amount of damage, putting them both at just a bit above the half mark. Overall they are almost tied in health but Gloom is under Squirtle just a bit from the Water Gun.

While Squritle is just about tied with Gloom healthwise, energywise she is far behind and a good ways into it’s first half.

Gloom did use a very large amount of energy but didn’t use nearly as much as Squirtle. He is somewhere in his first quarter of energy.

Jeri: Bide is a tricky move. I really wouldn't recommend using it for your reffing app. Unfortunately, I can't accept this application because of two things. 1) Bide is comprised of the energy it had levied against it. Since Gloom is Grass/Poison, it would doubly resist the Solar Beam. 2) Super-effective damage is not factored into the Bide beam. Therefor, Gloom would only take half the damage of a Solar Beam and be much much better off than Squirtle. Your health and energy do look pretty good from how you've calculated them though. Sorry for all this rigmarole but following the descriptions is an essential part of reffing.

Last edited by Jerichi; 11-01-2009 at 09:58 AM.
Old 11-01-2009, 04:44 PM   #16
M. M.
Wai Hello Thar

Quote:
Bide (NO) -- Taking a defensive stance to reduce damage somewhat, the user takes all attacks from anywhere from 1 attack to up to two rounds (referee's discretion), as a red aura surrounds the user. At the end of the round(s), the aura will condense in front of the user, and send all energy back in the form of a large beam which is aimed wherever the user wants. The beam is twice the power of the attacks levied against it, and is comprised of the exact same energy type used against the Bide, so the Bide beam CAN encompass several types. The aura cannot be penetrated, so status changing moves, OHKO attacks, etc. will not work. During the Bide, the user cannot do any other moves, and remains still. Energy usage for a Bide is high, depending on the moves used against it
Doesn’t say anything about taking the power of SE moves, but I’ll try a fourth time.

Trainer 1 (challenger) vs. Trainer 2(acceptor)
1v1
Single Battle
Slapstick
Return = KO
72 Hour DQ
Clay Arena

Quote:
Trainer 1 posts his squad of 6
Trainer 2 posts his squad of 6 and sends out his Pokemon
Trainer 1 sends out his Pokemon and orders attacks
Trainer 2 orders attacks
I ref
Order reverses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trainer 1
*posts squad*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trainer 2
*posts squad*

Corphish Level 1 Female
No Signature Move

You‘re up Corphish!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trainer 1
Misdreavus Level 1 Male
No Signature Move

Go Misdreavus! Start out with a Psybeam and then finish with a Shockwave.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trainer 2
Alright Corphish let‘s begin by scaring it with a Leer and then we‘ll hit it with a Bubblebeam!
Welcome to a battle between two new trainers. Today‘s battle shall commence on the Clay Arena and will be between Trainer 1 and Trainer 2. As both trainers shake hands and return to their sides the match begins.

Trainer 1 releases a Corphish of the female persuasion as Trainer 2 starts out with a Misdreavus of the male persuasion. Misdreavus starts to fire off the Psybeam it was order to attack with, but it is suddenly stopped dead in it‘s tracks by the steely [b]Leer]-like gaze of Corphish. While Misdreavus is still paralyzed, Corphish takes advantage of the situation and begins to fire a steady and strong Bubblebeam at the paralyzed ghost type. The attack does some very good damage but also knocks the paralysis right out of the purple and blue ghost. He remembers his orders and begins to fire off tiny lightning bolts in the form of a Shockwave at the defenseless Corphish. The attacks hits for some fairly high damage. The round come to a close as the two opponent stare each other down.

The Results:

Misdreavus took some very good damage and is a decent way into it’s first quarter of health. Energy took a small hit but is a good ways from perfect.

Corphish took a good super effective blow and is substantial way into it’s first quarter of health, a little bit below Misdreavus. Energy use was good and is a decent bit from perfect.

Jeri: Looks good to me. PM me for the test.

Also, descriptions are tricky and not always revealing of all the information; you'll learn some of the nuances of moves as you ref.

Last edited by Jerichi; 11-01-2009 at 05:20 PM.
Old 11-06-2009, 06:31 AM   #17
Yougirasu
In Uguu we trust

Probopass

1 vs. 1
48 Hr DQ
Slapstick
Switch = KO
Lawn Arena
Quote:
Trainer 1
Hoots the Male Hoothoot. Level 1
No Sig.
Use Air Slash and follow it up with a Zen Headbutt
Quote:
Trainer 2
Care the Female Chansey. Level 1
No Sig.
Take the Air Slash and counter with Thunderbolt, then use Egg Bomb
As the two trainers enter this lovely grassy arena they both nervously eye each other up. Trainer 1 is the first to make their move, releasing a friendly looking Hoothoot. Trainer 2 is quick to respond by releasing his own pokemon, a young and careing Chansey.

The battle begins with Hoots, the Hoothoot, swinging its body round so that it's wing can slash through the air. Care stands strong as the attack makes an impact on its stomach. Although it looks slightly shaken, the Chansey calmly proceeds to use a Thunderbolt that arcs across the arena towards Hoots. A solid blow sees Hoots looking very flustered but there is not a sign of paralysis as he clears his mind to focus his psychic energies. As Hoots is hopping across the arena with his head starting to glow brightly, illuminating his path, Care proceeds to gather a number of eggs from her pouch and flings them into the light. Hoots is flapping and hopping now, picking up some real speed as it heads towards his foe. The distance is quickly reducing but the eggs arrive first. With some miraculous luck, Hoots manages to hop over the first few but is stuck by one of them causing a large explosion, detonating the rest. With the majority of the force behind him, Hoots is sent flying towards Care at speed and strikes, but with the energy around his head diminished due to the blow he hardly makes a mark.
As the round concludes, Hoots and Care are in close proximity. Hoots took a good portion of damage and is looking worse for ware when compared to Care who has taken much minor blows. They both stand firm in regards to energy, with Chansey putting a decent amount more behind her attacks.

(wasn't 100% on how a Hoothoot moves, but since they're supposed to stand on 1 leg I thought hopping might be a safe bet.)

Whoops, forgot to add on my two battles, my first was here and second here.

Kuno: As a general rule of thumb, if you don't know how a Pokemon moves you might not want to ref it in the ref school. >_>

That being said, the round wasn't too bad. Kind of short but not too short. More descrption is always good. Health/energy arn't too bad either. Send me a PM for test.

Last edited by Yougirasu; 11-06-2009 at 06:37 AM. Reason: forgot to add my 2 matches.
Yougirasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 05:35 PM   #18
Salamencia
UPN's very own Houdini

Send a message via Skype™ to Salamencia
After Jeri posted permission on SPPf, I'm reposting this here: (Here's one battle, and here's a second one.)

Trainer A vs Trainer B

Welcome, viewers, to the spacious Lawn Arena, for a quick 1 on 1 battle between Trainer A and Trainer B! Now, without further ado, let's review the stats:

1 vs 1 (Hidden Squad)
Single Battle
Switch = KO
Slapstick
72 Hr DQ
Lawn Arena

Ok, since this is a Hidden Squad match, I shall announce the orders both trainers gave to me before the match began:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trainer A
Level 1 Male Shinx

No signature move.

Go, Shinx! Start out with a Thunderbolt, then move in with your Crunch Attack!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trainer B
Level 1 Female Roselia

No signature move.

Go, Roselia! We'll use Energy Ball, followed with Sludge Bomb!
And so the battle begins! Trainer A throws his Pokeball, and his Shinx jumps out, growling loudly! Trainer B's Pokeball releases his Grass/Poison type Roselia, who seems quite at home with the arena.

Shinx immediately jumps into action, charging a high voltage Thunderbolt. Roselia, although reacting slightly slower than Shinx, still wastes little time in forming her Energy Ball. However, the faster Thunderbolt makes its way to Roselia before her attack has been formed, and it hits her for some decent damage. It would have been higher, had Roselia not been a Grass type. Luckily for her, it seems there was no paralysis effect from the attack.
Roselia, while being hit by the attack, releases her Energy Ball, which was already almost fully formed anyway, so it makes its way to Shinx, who doesn't have enough time to dodge, and takes the full brunt of the attack, taking good damage.

Having recovered faster than Shinx, Roselia gets to work on her next attack, by building up the toxins from deep inside her body, and releasing Bombs of deadly Sludge straight at Shinx, who has just recovered from the Energy Ball. He starts running towards Roselia, but the Sludge Bombs hit, exploding on contact with Shinx's face, which slows him down a good deal again, aswell as dealing some more good damage, and pushing him back slightly.
A little while later, Shinx finally gets going, and manages to catch Roselia slightly off-guard, biting deep into her with his Crunch attack, and injecting Dark typed energy into her. The bite did some small damage, but Roselia cringes as the Dark energy deals some good damage.

And as the Pokemon both recompose themselves, we'll take a look at how they're doing:

Roselia used quite a lot of energy already, and it shows. I'd say she's already pushed herself well into her energy reserves. Fortunately, both of her attacks were of her own type though, so she didn't push herself too hard. As for her health, she took a good amount of damage, but she's still got plenty of fight left in her.

Shinx also used a lot of energy, I'd say about the same as Roselia, although it's hard to tell so early into the battle. His Dark typed energy reserves were hit pretty hard, I'd say there are probably 1 or 2 more Crunches left in him though. And as for his health, he took a larger hit than Roselia, and already looks a little worn out, but it's early days yet.

Attacks from Trainer B next please.

Jeri: Description in terms of health and energy is a little vague, but you seem to have the basic idea. PM me for the test.

WF

Yes, I am online. No, I am not ASBing currently. WF takes priority, as it tends to take up less of my time.

Last edited by Jerichi; 11-08-2009 at 07:10 PM.
Salamencia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 02:44 PM   #19
bigtukker
Boulder Badge

A new application, but for the same attempt as on Serebiiforums. I PM'd my first two matches.

Quote:
Originally posted by bigtukker:
Jerichi vs. Chozo
2 vs. 2
48 Hours = DQ
Slapstick
Arena: Sand

Chozo sends squad of six
Jerichi sends squad of six + sends Pokémon
Chozo sends Pokémon and attacks
Jerichi attacks
I ref
Jerichi attacks
Chozo attacks
I ref
Chozo attacks
and so on

Quote:
Originally posted by Chozo:
Abra Male
Doduo Male
Seel Female
Gastly Female
Electrike Male
Cherubi Female
All level 1
Quote:
Originally posted byJerichi:
Pachirisu Female
Starly Female
Spinarak Female
Misdreavus Male
Onix Female
Hoppip Female
All level 1

Let's go Pachirisu

Quote:
Originally posted by Chozo:
Okay, Cherubi, I choose you!
Cherubi, use Toxic, then use Magical Leaf
Quote:
Originally posted by Jerichi
Pachirisu, go for a Thunder Wave, to follow it up with Super Fang
Welcome in this match between Chozo and Jerichi. The sun is shining fiercely, making it very hot right here.
In the Desert-like area, Chozo and Jerichi throw their Poké Balls on the battlefield, each releasing Cherubi and
Pachirisu respectively. Pachirisu is the one who begins to attack. Using Thunder Wave it releases small electric
tendrils in order to bind Cherubi in it. Surrounded by lightblue waves Cherubi tries to answer with a Toxic-attack
It's eyes begin to glow purple and spits some acid liquid to Pachirisu which is too busy with binding her opponent
to do anything against it. The liquid hits Pachirisu's cheek and tries to dig inside the little squirrel.
After paralyzing Cherubi a little, Pachirisu decided to stop using Thunder Wave and to use Super Fang instead.
The Electric-type Pokémon began to charge into Cherubi while loading it's sharp teeth a little to hit the cherish-Pokémon
with a good bite right under Cherubi's leaf.
The grass-Pokémon tries to keep itself strong and goes over to its second attack, Magical Leaf. The leafs on its
head began to glow and Cherubi spitted out some shiny pieces of grass, right into Pachirisu. The squirrel-Pokémon
bounces back a little and tries to recover herself.

Pachirisu took a some good damage when it had to take Magical Leaf. It's health is a little bit above threequarters though
Compared to its health its energy is doing pretty good. It's closer to full then to threequarters now
The Toxic is digging inside its skin, and might be in its bloodstream after two rounds

Cherubi took good damage and it's health is slightly the same as Pachirisu. The cherrish-Pokémon used
more energy then its opponent though. It might be slower then usual because of its light paralysis.

Attacks from Jerichi

Jeri: See app at Serebii.

Last edited by bigtukker; 11-11-2009 at 06:02 AM.
bigtukker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 06:30 AM   #20
Jerichi
本✚能

Actually Muyo got up my ass for trying to circumvent SPPf (even if I'm just trying to speed things up a little bit).

But for now, no more reposts. Don't delete anything yet and I'll get to cleaning all this up once I get the proper permissions.

EDIT: All right, I should be modded on Serebii sometime today, so hopefully I should be able to clear out all of that. I'd prefer the SPPfers who posted here and haven't been looked over to edit their post at Serebii with their application so I can clean this up later and Kuno and I can start doing what we originally planned.

Last edited by Jerichi; 11-10-2009 at 06:46 AM.
Jerichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 07:50 AM   #21
Mercutio
Banned

You suck
Mercutio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 12:14 AM   #22
Rangeet
Foot, meet mouth.

Send a message via MSN to Rangeet Send a message via Skype™ to Rangeet
All right. I think it's long enough, it's almost 2 weeks from when I posted and a week exactly from when you edited.
----------------------------------
(Equilevel 2)
Magnemite: Use Thunder, then Double Team.
Female Gyarados: Agility and dodge, roast with Flamethrower(noticing a pattern yet?)
Beach Arena

Aah, what a lovely, lovely beach arena. Good thing I brought sunscreen. So the two trainers probably don't feel like battling, but they shake hands and wish each other good luck anyway. They also release... AAAH! SEA MONSTER! Oh wait, it's a Gyarados. And a Magnemite, which seems to have the type advantage.

Magnemite listens to its orders and grins, crackling up and repeating it's name several times, before releasing a huge flash of Thunder. Gyarados seems scared(O.O) and tries to dodge the attack with a graceful burst of Agility, but she slips in the sand and takes the attack full on. Mmm, fried Gyarados. Gyarados is so angry, very very angry, she seems to have steam coming out of her...mouth? Or is it just a Flamethrower, which roasts the magnetized electric pokemon. Magnemite takes the attack full on as well. Ouch, that must have hurt. It then weakly forms three clones in a Double Team. And so, the round ends with both pokemon eyeing each other angrily.

Gyarados took some really bad damage, and is almost down to her last quarter, just a small chunk above it. Energy is better, a slightly-bigger-than-small chunk above three-quarters.

Magnemite took some really good damage and is slightly below three-quarters. Energy is about same as Gyarados.
----------------------------
Let's go. Will delete if it turns out I posted at SPPfail after all -,-

Kuno: Let's see what we got. My only real concern is the water and the Gyarados. As in, why on the beach? Generally speaking water Pokemon (especially those that arn't so hot on land) are released into the water. This isn't a HUGE deal, but if it was in the water it shouldn't know (on its own) to agility on to land to get away from the thunder. If it tried to dodge by staying in the water he'd still end up fried, but there's a difference. Know what I mean? It's kind of a mistake but it's the sort where if you read this you should know exactly what I'm talking about and hopefully can keep it in mind. If they don't specify and there's water, you generally put them in the water. Also saying "agility and dodge" sounds like a 3-mover with fthrower, but that doesn't have to do with the reffing really lol.

Otherwise, round was kind of short but it takes a lot more work to make defensive moves reffed interestingly or with a ton of detail. Also gyarados should probably be more beat up from that but it isn't a huge difference/deal as long as you're consistant. I say OK for test. PM me for details.

Last edited by Rangeet; 01-06-2010 at 06:49 AM.
Rangeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 02:24 AM   #23
A Winter Breeze
Chilly~

UPN PASBL: CaramelCandy vs. TaurosBurger

"Welcome, one and all, to the first (and hopefully last) mock reffing written by your's truly- with help from my Snorunt. As these newcomers are probably eager for this match, let's get straight to it."

Snowflake: Our stats today:
1-on-1
24HR DQ
Slapstick
Return=OK

"And our arena,"
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Site!
A basic, standard terrain. The arena used for the 5th round of the Indigo Pokémon League in the anime is a prime example of a clay arena.
Snowflake: Our battling order:
PM your Pokémon and attacks.
After We ref, TaurosBurger will give their Pokémon orders, followed by CaramelCandy. We ref again, and the order alternates after each reffing.

"PM's, please!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaurosBurger
Spanky: Level 1 Male Aipom
No bio or sig.
Nasty Plot and Screech!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaramelCandy
Otter: Level 1 Male Buizel
No bio or sig.
Toxic and an Ice Punch, please.
"An Aipom and Buizel are released about three meters apart, and the purple simian begins by Plotting Nastily, the expended dark energy spiking his special powers. Soon after, the Buizel hocks a Toxic glob at the Aipom, and successfully lands the slime on his torso. The poison quickly seeps in, which may prove troublesome later."

"As Otter begins to charge some icy energy in his fist, he is stopped by the loud Screeching coming from the Aipom. The noise is simply too distracting, preventing Buizel's attack."

Snowflake: Spanky has taken negligible damage from the Toxic, and it won't do any serious damage for the next few rounds. Spanky used cpnsiderable energy this round, putting him a good bit below perfect. His Dark energy is at 2/3, and he currently has a boost in his special attacks.

Snowflake: Otter is on perfect health right now, not much else to be said about that. He used minor energy this round, just off of perfect. His poison energy is at 3/4.

Orders from Tauros, followed by Caramel.

Jeri: Kuno is hella busy and stuff so I'll take this over. The biggest problem is that your actual reffing is shorter than your health and energy summary. Description is always needed. Also, Toxic takes a while to start - for the first few rounds, it won't do anything.
J-J-Just Teeter Dance

Last edited by Jerichi; 07-13-2010 at 09:25 AM.
A Winter Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 12:22 PM   #24
JustAnotherUser
Only Mostly Lurking

Send a message via Skype™ to JustAnotherUser
Hello and welcome to this between Mr. A and Ms. B, as reffed by me and my two assistants, Hunter and Zach.
Hunter: Let's Go!
Zach: Yay!
Here's the statistics for you:

2 on 2
48HR DQ
Slapstick
Return=KO

And our arena, the pool:
Pool (Indoor/Outdoor. Standard Water Arena): A Pool of Water, just like an Olympic Swimming Pool. Nothing Special.
Optional Special Rules: Pontoons (Any).

You two should know the drill, but here it is anyway:
Mr. A posts his squad first first,
Ms. B posts her squad second and chooses her first pokemon,
Mr. A chooses his pokemon and orders,
Ms. B posts her orders,
I ref,
Ms. B orders,
Mr. A orders,
I ref,
Ect, Ect.

Let's go!

Orders:
Mr. A: Go Taillow (Male, Level 1)!
Ms. B: Go Larvitar (Female, Level 1)! FC Hyper Beam, then Swagger!
Mr. A: Tailow, don't just stand there! Dodge Hyper Beam with Agility, then Close your eyes!

Reffing:
Hello and welcome to this match between Mr. A and Ms. B, two newbies with absolutely no battles under their belt. This is going to be Fun. Mr. a sends out a (rather small-looking) rock pokemon, a Larvitar.

Malinia-Ji: Larvitar FTW!
Aaaany way, Ms. B sends out a cute-looking bird pokemon, a Taillow. And it looks like the battle is under way! Larvitar opens it's small mouth and begins to create a much larger ball of orange energy, looks like a Hyper Beam to me. But Taillow, not being known for slowness, has plenty of time to get out of the way, even using Agility, though it's hardly neccesary by the looks of things. Larvitar then begins to attempt to confuse it's opponent by moving around in an annoying way. In other words, it's using Swagger. However, Taillow's just Shuts his Eyes, avoiding the effects of the technique in a way that can only be described as anticlimactic. It looks like we're all done out there, so let's go to Hunter with Health and Zach with Energy.

Hunter: Both Taillow and Larvitar had a Good Round, health-wise. Neither of them took any damage whatsoever. How boring.
Zach: Same can't be said over here. Taillow only burned a small bit of energy. Larvitar is a different story though, using up a heavy chunk of energy, already nearly at the 3/4 mark.

Thanks you two. Now for Ms. B's orders.

Jeri: I've had this window open for quite a while and can't find anything wrong with this. PM me for the test.

Last edited by Jerichi; 07-14-2010 at 06:01 PM.
JustAnotherUser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 05:53 PM   #25
brandan
The Lord of the Derp

AWSOME REF SAMPLE

Travis VS Aron
3 vs 3
Return = KO
Slapstick
Equiall
72 hour DQ
Arena:Bourbon Bridge

Bourbon Bridge (Outdoor Custom Arena): The home of Spongelax! This is a bridge stretching over a rapid river of bourbon. The bridge is made of sturdy wood, but it can be broken if attacked enough. It's about 5 meters wide, stretches for about 20 meters over the river, and is about 3 meters above the water. Either side of the bridge is long grass. The river itself is a violent fast flowing one, filled with bourbon. Any pokémon who falls in it will be swept off if they are not a strong swimmer, and even if they can survive, there is a 40% chance of them becoming confused from all the ALCOHOL if they have a mouth. Special Rules: Rapids, River. Optional Special Rules: Break of Dawn,Twilight, Night Fight, Easily Destroyed.

Aron displays their squad of 6 Pokémon and states their Trainer Level.
Travis displays his squad of 6 Pokémon, states their Trainer Level, and sends out a Pokémon.
Aron sends out a Pokemon and states moves.
Travis orders an attack.
I ref.
Aron orders an attack.
Travis orders an attack.
I ref.
Travis orders an attack.
Aron orders an attack.

*Aron displays their squad of 6 Pokémon and states their Trainer Level.*

*Travis displays his squad of 6 Pokémon, states their Trainer Level, and sends out Zap the Pikachu.*

*Aron sends out a Tank the Bulbasaur use Razor Leaf and Seed Bomb*

*Zap use Quick Attack to dodge and hit then DynamicPunch*

The battlers walk to Opposite sides of the bridge. Travis sends out Zap the Pikachu. Aron in response sends out Tank the bulbasaur who then starts to whip Razor sharp Leafs at zap. Zap takes evasive maneuvers by trying to dodge throu the leafs by running Quickly throu them while trying to Attack his foe. The attack works some what but due to the number of leafs takes mild damage, while hitting his foe for mild damage as well. Tank then responds throwing Seeds like Bombs at Zap. Zap then hits tank with Punch with Dynamic energy that couses Tank to fly backwards cutting off most of his attack, he seems to have become confused. ZAP not 100% accustomed to fighting energy sends him skidding backwards which lets the seeds impale the bridge which smashes one of the planks off.

ZAP: Used some energy is close to halph his first quarter. Took mild damage close to perfect. A tenth of thier fighting energy was used.

TANK Used some energy as well just a little less then zap. took a good hit from quick attack and DynamicPunch luckly his resistance helpped dumb down the attack. He is at he is at his first quarter of health and confused.

Travis Orders pls

Jeri: Lots and lots and lots of misspellings. Health for Bulbasaur seems really low, even without the resistance. And Pikachu being able to get of 10 Dynamic Punches seems like a lot to me. Work on your spelling and check it in Word if you're not sure, and read over some more battles while you're at it. Rejected.

Last edited by Jerichi; 07-17-2010 at 09:09 AM.
brandan is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL > Referees Forum