UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > Secret Bases

Old 06-19-2017, 08:06 PM   #951
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

"Cool," grinned Gold. "I seen her before, don't think I actually met her personally."

"I'd like to meet her as well," nodded Chance. "She and Keith are good friends, I hear."

Millicent smiled proudly. Albus then crawled up beside them, also looking up at it. "How'd you beat that Conkeldurr?" she asked Millicent.

"For a while I wasn't," replied Millicent. "I was getting my ass kicked, until his Fire Punch burned me. That activated Guts, and I started turning things around."

"Interesting," murmured Albus. Then, he noticed Freighya. "Oh, I'm sorry- what's your name?" he asked the pink Eevee. "And how did your fur get so pink?"

Keith followed Sophie down the hallway. "It was no problem," he said in response to Sophie's thanks. He nodded as she lamented her having to stay behind, citing her desire to destroy Team Catalyst thoroughly for all the crap they've pulled. Keith thought something sounded a bit off about that- he saw no fault with her desire to destroy Team Catalyst, of course, but the way she said it was what got Keith pondering it. As someone who had raised two Banette, Keith could tell, it sounded as though Sophie's beef with Team Catalyst was a bit more personal than she let on. He didn't press the matter, however. He simply nodded again as Sophie conceded that she couldn't complain, considering all that had been accomplished. "Just happy I could help," he stated. "In fact, if you guys ever need my help with Team Catalyst again, I can give you my Xtransceiver number," he offered, for this took place before Keith got his Z-Ring, and therefore, before he swapped out said Xtransceiver for a PokéGear, though the number to contact him would remain the same.

As Keith got to the PC, he set right to work, swapping out his Dusknoir for his Scolipede. "Alright," he grinned, clutching the Scolipede's ball in his hand. "Aaaand, all set," he stated. "Hey, Jake, you need a ride?" he asked. "Salazar's always cool with extra passengers, and I got nowhere to be today."
Old 06-19-2017, 11:13 PM   #952
kawaiiconcept
Soul Badge

Cassieopia thought for a moment "She's in the other room, would you like to meet her?"
Frieghya smiled "My name is Frieghya and my trainer had me recolored."

Thanks to my best friend Missingno Master for the banner
óÓŇň furry, witch, and pansexual.
Little (little age of 2-4)
Hater of loss meme
Little (space): someone who goes to a younger sense of mind to deal with stress and anxiety.
crazy in love with my boyfriend AcendedDailga
kawaiiconcept is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 01:36 AM   #953
EpicSquirtle
Adrift in a sea of dreams

"Sure, sounds good to me." Sophie replied, taking out her Pokégear.
"Here..I'll give you my number first." Sophie said, flipping the Pokégear over for Keith to see. On the top screen was a string of digits, presumably Sophie's number.

As Keith took one PC, Jake took the other. Thinking for a moment, he swapped out Neku, Vernon, Dusty and Bubbles, replacing them with Kage, Sprout, Sparky and Milo.
Once he was finished, Jake turned his attention to Keith.

"I'm ok...t-thanks though." Jake replied to Keith's offer. "Me and Telpo...w-we're actually going a bit of a ways."

"Master is right on this one. We're actually headed to a place called Amperet City." Telpo chimed. "It's a bit out of the way, but I'm sure we'll manage."

"Right." Jake nodded. "But..I-I'll trade numbers..if you want."
Old 06-20-2017, 05:37 PM   #954
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

"Sure," responded Gold and Chance simultaneously. This prompted the pair of Water-types to smile at each other for a moment.

"Ohh, OK," nodded Albus. "I thought maybe that could've happened naturally."

Keith registered Sophie's PokéGear number, and gave her his own number in return. "Alright, cool," he grinned. After that, Jake thanked Keith, though declined his offer. He and Telpo explained they were headed a fair distance, to Amperet City, but that they'd manage. "Alright, then," Keith nodded. He then agreed to trading numbers, part of him wondering why he never already exchanged phone numbers with Jake. "Alright, then, I'll see you around," nodded Keith. "I might actually take the Banette's Revenge out for a little voyage later on," he added. "Luna's been suggesting it all morning before you arrived, and I can't imagine why." He started to head for the exit, though paused for a moment. "By the way," he added to Jake. "You were pretty awesome back there, against Steven."
Old 06-20-2017, 11:26 PM   #955
kawaiiconcept
Soul Badge

Cassieopia nodded "C'mon then." and she pulled herself out of the water and waited for her friends.
Frieghya shrugged "I get a lot of questions about it."

Hater of loss meme
Little (space): someone who goes to a younger sense of mind to deal with stress and anxiety.
Old 06-21-2017, 01:39 AM   #956
EpicSquirtle

"Alright. Then I guess that's all." Sophie said once she had finished trading numbers.
"I'd love to stay and chat, but I've got a meeting to attend to. Farewell for now." Sophie added, giving the group a small wave, before heading back in the direction of Zack's office.

As Jake gave Keith his number, he also couldn't help but wonder why they hadn't done this earlier. But now wasn't the time for that. Once Jake had registered Keith's number, he rummaged through his bags side pocket, pulling out a folded map.

"Would I be right..i-in assuming you'd want this?" Jake questioned, handing the map to Telpo.

"You read my mind master. May I suggest we stop at a Pokemon Center? Just so I can properly plan out our route." Telpo chimed, grabbing the map as he did so.

"Sure. I-I need to heal Vermillion anyway." Jake nodded

As the pair turned to leave, they noticed that Keith had already made his way towards the exit.

"T-thanks...you were...great out there a-as well." Jake replied as Keith praised him. He didn't entirely believe what Keith was saying, but he figured there was no point in denying it at that moment.
"Umm..good luck on your voyage as well...I mean i-if you decide to go." Jake added.
"Can you tell Millicent that I'm ok as well?" Telpo chimed. "I realized after I left yesterday that she might be worried with me joining this investigation."
Old 06-21-2017, 02:02 AM   #957
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Gold and Chance climbed out of the pool, as did Pomona. The Ivysaur walked beside Cassiopia, though the pair of Water-types would have to follow the Elgyem's lead.

"I can imagine," Albus nodded. "Pink Eevee- that's unheard of. The Shiny form is white, that much I know..."

"Albus, you're not bothering her, are you?" asked a larger Weedle, who crawled over to the young one.

"No, Mom," Albus shook his head. "I was only asking why she's pink. Her Trainer recolored her."

"Ah, OK," nodded the larger Weedle. "My name is Hermione," she added, with a slight bow to Freighya. "You've already met my son Albus, I see. I hope his questions aren't bothering you, he's very inquisitive. Of course, I can be that way myself," she admitted.

Keith waved back as Sophie exited. He nodded appreciatively at Jake's words. "Thanks, man," he replied. He then gave Telpo a reassuring smile. "You bet," he agreed. "She and Willow did seem a bit worried this mornijng, so I know they'll be happy to know everything went well." With that, he took his leave, and once outside, he climbed onto his dark grey Scolipede, ready for the ride back home. That Ride Pager was good stuff, and very convenient, no denying that, but Keith felt most comfortable on the back of the Scolipede he trained himself.
Old 06-21-2017, 03:07 PM   #958
kawaiiconcept
Soul Badge

Cassieopia lead her friends back to where Kawaii was talking to Keith "Here she is."
Frieghya shook her head "He was not bothering me. Nice to meet you, my name is Frieghya."

Hater of loss meme
Old 06-23-2017, 06:56 PM   #959
EpicSquirtle

Telpo smiled as Keith let him know that he'd inform Millicent and Willow.
"Thank you, I can rest easy now." The Abra chimed.

Once Keith had left, Jake turned his attention to Telpo. "Ok..r-ready to head out?"

"You bet master." Telpo replied.

With that, the pair made their way out of the building. Though their time in Hagane City had certainly been exciting, both Telpo and Jake couldn't wait to leave the city and continue their journey.
Little did the two know their day had only started, and yet another adventure was about to unfold!
----
CPA - Meeting Room
----
"Sophie, come on in." Zack greeted as Sophie opened the door to the meeting room.
Giving a nod, Sophie entered the room, before noticing that it was only Zack and her.
"Huh? Where are the others? I thought you said some other members were also going to be here." Sophie said.

"They'll be here shortly, but while you're here..mine as brief you on what's happening." Zack replied.
"It's recently come to our attention that Team Catalyst has set their eyes on a certain device, one that is able to capture any and every Pokemon."

"Let me guess, they want to use it to capture Project X?" Sophie questioned.

"That's my best guess, yes. Now, you and another group of agents are going to go to the location of this device, and prevent it from falling into Team Catalyst's hands, simple enough, right?"
"Yeah, sounds pretty simple." Sophie nodded. "So, where is this device?"

To this, Zack gave a small smile, before speaking up. "Tell me, have you heard of the Amperet Museum?"

----
(As of this post, this entire story has been archived in my Visionary Glade, which can be found here.)
EpicSquirtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 07:27 PM   #960
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Keith, who was still in the same room as Kawaii, saw that Cassiopia and Pomona were headed back their way, along with a pair of Water-types. "Oh, hey," Keith grinned at the sight of his Blastoise and Feraligatr. "Kawaii, you probably saw these two before, but yeah- this is Gold, my Feraligatr, and Chance, my Blastoise."

"Gatooor!" Gold exclaimed, greeting Kawaii happily.

"Blaaastoise," rumbled Chance.

"Nice to meet you as well," Hermione responded with a polite bow. "I do see why my son asked about your fur, though," she added. "You see my tail stinger?" she asked, indicating her tail stinger- unlike on most Weedle, Hermione's tail stinger was jet black. "This happened over time- I dip my tail stinger in ink and use it as a pen to take notes. I did this so often that the ink eventually stopped washing out."
Old 06-24-2017, 12:59 AM   #961
kawaiiconcept
Soul Badge

Kawaii smiled "It's nice to meet you both."
Frieghya looked interested "Interesting"

Hater of loss meme
Old 06-24-2017, 07:58 PM   #962
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Chance and Gold both voiced their agreement that it was nice to meet Kawaii as well.

Keith smiled. "Gold's actually one of my older Pokémon," he said. "I hatched him many years ago, though back then, PC space was extremely restricted, so unfortunately, I ended up trading him away. Always regretted doing so. One day, however, the Trainer I traded him to contacted me about trading back- I had stumbled upon his Secret Base once, and me and Gold recognized each other immediately. It became obvious to Bill- that's the guy's name- that Gold and I missed each other, so he decided to let us reunite. And Chance," he added. "I traded a Gible to this Trainer named Ethan for this Squirtle- years ago I used to own a Wartortle, but for similar reasons to Gold, I gave up the Wartortle. Never saw it again, though. I saw this Squirtle as a second chance at training one, and that's where her name came from. Heh," he smiled, stroking his Blastoise's head. "Chance reminds me so much of Dad's Blastoise."

"Thank you," smiled Hermione. "It was tough learning to write when most sheets of paper are not much smaller than me, but I wasn't going to give up. I would teach Albus as well, except he plans to evolve, unlike me- and even then, no further than the Kakuna stage."
Old 06-25-2017, 01:56 AM   #963
kawaiiconcept
Soul Badge

Kawaii smiled "It's nice to meet you both."
Freighya shook her head to clear it, "Could he still learn to write some how?"

Hater of loss meme
Old 06-25-2017, 05:07 PM   #964
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

"Gatoooor," grinned Gold.

"Blaaaastoise," rumbled Chance- unlike Gold, her response was less of a response to Kawaii, and more of a response to Keith stroking her head.

Keith smiled at this. "Just like Dad's Blastoise," he repeated. Then he turned to Kawaii. "Just occurred to me- I never told you much about my family, did I?" he asked.

"Oh, I could, in theory," Albus piped up. "When I evolve into Kakuna, I'll have two stingers in front that I can extend a little in order to attack, and I can even move them around a little bit. I might be able to write with those, though it obviously isn't as good an option as with my tail stinger. I don't know if I'll do it, though," he added. "I'm more into reading than writing, personally. Oh- and battling," he added, his eyes shining at the prospect. "I love a good battle!" This statement got a small chuckle and a proud grin out of the nearby Drapion.
Old 07-03-2017, 05:14 PM   #965
Marion Ette
Blades and Butterflies

And yet to times in hope, my verse shall stand -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missingno. Master View Post
Any response on Marion's part was delayed by Bedivere. He handed Marion a tart before politely requesting a turn to speak. Keith nodded, of course he would let Bedivere speak. And speak Bedivere did- that one time he and Aislyn briefly arrived at Hyrem's Secret Base, they had feared that Marion would get killed by Minerva. Apparently, August had fought off Minerva, a battle that had nearly cost the Dragonite her life, and while Marion appeared unscathed by the experience, she had indeed been changed by it. Marion cut him off before he could get into too much detail on this, but after that, Bedivere asked that Marion stay, spend some time with her friends. August seemed less than amused by this notion, and Marion did not sound all that willing to stick around. Minerva took this chance to speak up, pleading with Marion to stay.

"Please, Marion, stay," Keith added, accepting the glass of wine Bedivere offered him. He paused to take a sip, before continuing. "You're always more than welcome here, and I know some of my Pokémon would love to see you again." As if to drive the point home, a Mightyena wandered into the hallway, his tail wagging upon spotting Marion. Keith smiled at the sight of Sirius, before continuing. "Why don't we all go in and have a seat?" he offered, gesturing to the living room.
Though the sight of the familiar Mightyena brings a smile to the Elite's face, it is immediately followed by a heavy sigh, her shoulders sagging with the weight of some unseen burden.

"I'm sorry, Sirius," she finally says. "I'd love to stay and see how you and the others are doing, but -"

"But sister," Minerva interrupts, the smell of wine already thick on her breath. "Will you not listen to-"

"You have the papers, and Liliana's Pokeball. I trust you will complete the trade on my behalf."

"...Yes, Mary. I will." In a manner surprisingly uncharacteristic of the infamously hot-tempered and stubborn soul, Minerva backs down, sinking into Keith's arms and into her wine. "You're really not going to stay...?"

"Minerva, you of all people should know that -" Marion starts, but thinks better of finishing the sentence. "I'll make a point to visit when things are less hectic."

"Ohohoho, you must promise~" Bedivere interjects, patting his trainer's shoulder with a tentacle. "Promise your dear friends, as a lady should, ohohoho~"

"...Right. I promise," The promise, though not terribly enthusiastic, sounds genuine enough - with a gracious bow and a quickly muttered, "Sorry, I'm late for" that trails off into nothing, Marion turns around and leaves. Bedivere briefly floats into the living room to set the picnic basket down for his hosts to enjoy after his departure.

August silently glares at Minerva and snorts - Minerva simply responds by giving her the finger with one hand, while sipping her wine with the other. It's clear as the dragon winds back a claw that she is strongly considering knocking the glass right out of the former ghost-type's hand, but she retracts her claws, shakes her head and turns to leave. Bedivere silently watches the exchange (well, silent save for a few little chortles). Just before leaving himself, Bedivere turns to Minerva, a strange flicker in his eyes.

"Like as the waves make towards the pebbled shore,
So do our minutes hasten to their end -"

He smiles, and with an elaborate bow and a flourish, exits Keith's Secret Base with his trainer and dragon companion.

Minerva examines the Pokeball in her hand, her expression difficult to read. Whatever emotions were running through her now, she seemed to have enough grasp on them to stifle their appearance.

"I suppose I should be proud of her," she comments, almost offhandedly.

Last edited by Marion Ette; 07-03-2017 at 05:27 PM.
Marion Ette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 05:39 PM   #966
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Despite being happy to see Sirius again, Marion gave a heavy sigh, and insisted that she really couldn't stay. Minerva was somewhat surprisingly quick to drop the matter, agreeing to complete the trade for Liliana on Marion's behalf. After this, Bedivere prompted Marion to promise to visit again, a promise Marion proceeded to make. The promise sounded rather halfhearted, yet decidedly genuine, and that second part alone was enough to get a small smile out of Keith. "It really was nice to see you again, Marion," he said. "Anytime you're in the area, please, feel free to drop by." He held Minerva in his arms as he spoke, after which he turned his attention to August. The farewell she and Minerva exchanged were nowhere near as cordial. In fact, Minerva's way of bidding farewell to August consisted entirely of a rude hand gesture. Keith gave the Dragonite a look, one which he hoped communicated not only the respect he personally still had for the Dragon/Flying-type, but also the undeniable fact that if she had any intention of following through on what she was so clearly considering doing, that she would first have to go through him. Whether this had any bearing on August's decision to back down, we may never know- in any case, August thought better of what she was considering doing, shook her head, and turned to leave. Bedivere then said a few final words to Minerva, and with that, the Jellicent and Dragonite exited along with their Trainer. Keith gave a respectful bow of the head to Bedivere in response to his own elaborate bow- it was hard to not show Bedivere the same levels of courtesy he showed everyone else, at least in Keith's opinion.

After that, it was back to just Keith and Minerva. Well, not exactly- Sirius was still in the hallway. Also, Peeves and Liliana were still nearby, and this time, Marion's departure did not mean Liliana's departure as well, a fact that was by no means lost on Peeves. Indeed, Minerva was examining the Dusclops's Poké Ball, her expression unreadable. Keith gave a nod as Minerva remarked that she supposed she ought to be proud of her. "Elite Four," Keith responded. "That's certainly not nothing." He looked at Minerva. "We'll see her again," he said, a genuine confidence in his tone- a confidence as genuine as what he perceived Marion's promise to be. Whether things would get better between Minerva and August, Keith had no idea. But as far as Minerva and Marion went? In Keith's opinion, there was plenty reason to have hope. As Keith held Minerva close to him, Sirius approached Minerva, sniffing curiously. Well did the Mightyena remember a time when his reaction to Minerva's presence included wariness, loud growling, and much baring of his teeth, but now he knew that sometimes his Trainer's instincts were worth trusting over his own. He walked up beside Minerva, nudging her lightly in hope of maybe getting a scratch behind the ears.
Old 07-30-2017, 01:32 PM   #967
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

OOC: For the time being, due to writer's block, uhhhhh is withdrawing from The Final Stewie-Line. I have made it clear he is free to jump back in should he feel up to it at any point.

And so began the battle, with commands being given on all sides to the various Pokémon. Already the Shadow Sky was yielding to the automatic hail brought on by Danni's Snow Warning, though the first strike was easily looking to be made by Daphne, the Shiftry zooming in to make the first hit with a Fake Out. But Ginny wasn't having any of it- as the Shadow Ledian's queen, Ginny was by no means about to just sit on the sidelines and watch this battle unfold. No, she was going to get in on the action herself! And in an instant, she rushed in, intercepting the Fake Out with a well-timed Quick Guard. This, however, left her wide open to Totsuka's Double Kick, a brutally super effective blow. However, the stubborn Steel-type refused to yield to the horribly powerful move. Wendy's Intimidate might have slightly unnerved Stewie, just enough to lower his Attack power just a bit, Ginny merely responded to the menacing presence with an insolent, almost Defiant look, seemingly gaining power from the Intimidate.

Code:

Stewie called his ally Pokémon!

Ginny appeared!
As Danni set up the Aurora Veil, and Sera Mega Evolved, Stewie made his first move. Ginny's timely interception had bought him the chance to make the first move, which was pretty much what nobody had wanted him to do. Well, to them he said, tough shit. Stewie opened his mouth, and let loose a maniacal evil laugh. As he did so, wisps of Shadow energy flew out from him, swirling all around the opposition, to general Panic. Keith gritted his teeth- he'd seen Stewie unleash Shadow Panic before, and it proved just as insidiously effective now as it did then, even if it didn't affect all the Pokémon he was up against. Hedwig the Crobat, Elenchos the Inkay, Circe the Mareep, Fragarath the Honchkrow, Amatsuru the Ponyta, Daphne the Shiftry, and Zatch the Shiny Eelektross are confused!

Sera was able to set up the Imprison move, locking Stewie out of such techniques as Reflect, Flash, Light Screen, and Safeguard, the latter two of which she attempted to use herself. Well, I say attempted- she did indeed succeed, though the Safeguard did not come in time to prevent the confusion. The only defensive move left out was Reflect, and after Elenchos's admittedly genius attempt at Topsy-Turvy was thwarted by a bout of self-inflicted damage due to confusion, the Inkay nevertheless supplied the Reflect that would shield them all.

Butternut proved itself truly useful, setting up some refreshing Grassy Terrain. Any Pokémon on the ground was gonna start slowly healing up, but this did also include Ginny, and after that Double Kick, that was something she could really use. Meanwhile, Berue went in for an Endeavor. A clever idea, indeed- bring Stewie's health down to the relatively meager amount one would expect from a low-level Pokémon at full health. Unfortunately, Ginny likewise recognized the genius of this idea, and was not about to let it happen. The Pawniard, powered up by her Defiant Ability, zoomed in and landed a forceful Iron Head on the Grass-type, one so forceful that Berue was unable to use her Endeavor attack! Berue the Tangrowth has flinched! The Tangrowth, however, tried to land a Poison Powder on Stewie, while Butternut likewise attempted Leech Seed, but Stewie responded with a Silver Wind. The Leech Seeds were stopped in midair, whereupon they fell harmlessly to the ground, though the Poison Powder was carried right back to sender on the super effective move. And moreover, Stewie seemed to have gotten even stronger for using Silver Wind- definitely not a good sign, although the Safeguard did at least mean that Berue was not poisoned by her own Poison Powder.

Daphne was not just leaving it at Fake Out! The Shiftry lunged forward for an Aerial Ace. Stewie saw this coming, and unleashed a powerful Air Slash at the oncoming Shiftry. This did not make her flinch, super effective though it was, and Stewie did take the Aerial Ace. The Beat Up, however, never came to be- the confusion reared its ugly head once more, and Stewie cackled as Daphne merely hurt herself in her confusion.

Totsuka had landed that Double Kick on Ginny, but now her target was Stewie. Laughing uproariously at the Shadow Storm, Stewie flew through the move with almost insulting ease. "Did you forget Shadow moves are next to useless against Shadow Pokémon? If you want to stop me, you're gonna have to do better than that!" Stewie taunted as he drove the point home with a point-blank super effective Iron Fist-boosted Drain Punch! Totsuka was not knocked out by the powerful move, but it had done significant damage all the same, and gave Stewie ample opportunity to evade the attempted Shadow Hold, retaliating with a curious blast of shadowy energy. Nobody seemed to know what it did, but it didn't seem to do any damage, so... how bad could it be, right?

Now, however, Stewie was focused on Wendy, who in turn was focused on Ginny. "Well, well," Stewie smirked, flying in between Wendy and Ginny. "We meet again, insolent dragon. I learned this move specifically to deal with you!" He and Ginny both shuddered slightly at the Leer attack (though Ginny once more responded with a rather Defiant glare), but Stewie was completely undeterred, and landed a super powerful, super effective, Iron Fist-boosted Ice Punch. So powerful was this that Wendy was knocked back, and was in fact forced to land as ice spread out from the point where Stewie's fist had made contact, spreading over the Salamence's body at an alarming rate- Wendy the Salamence was frozen! But wait- how could this be? Sera had used Safeguard earlier, had she not? She had indeed, yes. But then it started to occur to the Trainers- indeed, some of them may even have guessed this immediately- that unknown blast of shadowy energy that did no damage? That was Stewie's Shadow Shed! The Reflect, the Light Screen, the Safeguard, the Aurora Veil, it was gone, all gone!

Amatsuru, confused though she was, nevertheless managed to get the Sunny Day going, dispelling the hail (though not dispelling the Aurora Veil, thankfully!), though she was among the minority as far as confused Pokémon doing as ordered anyway. Circe the Mareep merely stumbled around, not getting off a single attack. Grace was able to unleash the Electroweb, and while it landed, dealing some definite super effective damage to Stewie and even chipping off some of that boosted Speed of his, Stewie nevertheless managed to get the shocking web off of him with a barrage of Comet Punches and swearwords in equal measure. Likewise, Fragarath's attempts to capitalize on Stewie's powerful stat boosts came to naught, though the Honchkrow's Incinerate still came through, burning up Stewie's staff. The Punishment that followed was swift and powerful. Offset somewhat by Stewie's considerably increased Defense, especially considering Fragarath did not manage to copy the Attack boosts, but effective nonetheless. Meanwhile, Freighya, not as confused as her Ponyta teammate, unleashed a Psychic attack. Ginny tried to intercept this, but was not quite as successful, and Stewie felt the attack. He saw the source of the Psychic and narrowed his piercing red eyes, recognizing the oddly pink Espeon immediately, and launched an Ominous Wind her way. The move did not boost Stewie's stats at all, but it proved super effective nonetheless.

Ginny sought out one opponent in particular at this point- with numerous Electric-types in the fray, this only made sense. Upon spotting Grace the Emolga, her eyes gleamed brightly as she focused intently on the Electric/Flying-type. What was this about? Only time would tell...

Given how useful Stewie's Iron Fist had been in this battle thus far, it only made sense to strip him of said Ability, and that's where Hyrem intended Zatch to come in! Only, the Shiny Eelektross was among the group that succumbed to the effects of Shadow Panic. Fortunately, it was only the Gastro Acid that failed. Unfortunately, Ginny once again stepped in to prevent an attack from hitting Stewie- this time, the Steel-type came in to harmlessly intercept the Poison-type Acid Spray. Moreover, Ginny likewise stood stubbornly in the path of the Thunderbolt, absorbing the electricity as though it was nothing. Indeed, if anything, it only served to speed her up! How was this possible? Neither Dark nor Steel was immune to Electric, and Ginny's Ability was Defiant, so-

Her Ability. Of course! That gleam in her eyes when she was focusing on Grace? That was Role Play! Ginny had copied Grace's Motor Drive Ability and was now reaping the benefits of such an Ability for herself, enabling Zatch's Thunderbolt to speed her up!

But now it was time for Ginny and Stewie to fight back! Ginny generated a number of sharp stones which embedded themselves all over the battlefield, the volley of Stealth Rock lying in wait should anyone think about switching Pokémon.

"Gah," Keith grunted as he saw the Stealth Rock go up. "Come on, Hedwig, snap out of it, let's go!" he pleaded with the Poison/Flying-type.

"Crooo... Cro!" Hedwig grunted, shaking her head as though to clear it. She darted forward, flying in towards Stewie.

"Wing Attack!!" Keith commanded.

"Cro!" Hedwig exclaimed, all four of her wings glowing as she zoomed towards Stewie, only for each wing to be met with an electrified fist as Stewie effectively countered the Wing Attack with Thunder Punch! Taken aback, Hedwig was forced to back up a bit from the super effective move. And now, Stewie unleashed a large amount of shadowy energy into the ground, upon which numerous shadowy spikes jutted up out of the ground, striking each and every combatant for super effective damage. Well, not quite- Totsuka, being a Shadow Pokémon herself, resisted the Shadow Rave, but she was the only one not to sustain heavy damage from the move. And as Stewie was busy with using Shadow Rave, Ginny sought out one opponent in particular,

Nobody had been knocked out just yet, but if one thing could be learned from this round, it was that Stewie and Ginny made for quite formidable opponents, especially when teamed up, and Stewie's enhanced shadowy aura was making things even better for the dastardly duo. How would the group respond?

NOTES:

-Hedwig the Crobat, Elenchos the Inkay, Circe the Mareep, Fragarath the Honchkrow, Amatsuru the Ponyta, Daphne the Shiftry, and Zatch the Shiny Eelektross are all confused from Shadow Panic (Yes, Hedwig is still confused, she just managed to fight the confusion long enough to go in for Wing Attack). Wendy the Salamence is frozen from Ice Punch. Shadow Down removed Reflect, Light Screen, Safeguard, and Aurora Veil's effects.

-Stewie is affected by Sera's Imprison. This locks him out of using Light Screen, Reflect, Safeguard, and Flash.

-Stewie is at +3 in Attack and Speed, and +4 everywhere else, because of Silver Wind's side effect kicking in. Psych Up and Topsy Turvy both failed due to confusion. He still has his Ability of Iron Fist. Ginny is at +3 Attack, -1 Defense, and +1 Speed, and her Ability is now Motor Drive.

-The weather is currently bright sunlight. This happened after Wendy became frozen, so it did not prevent Ice Punch from freezing. The terrain is currently Grassy Terrain.

-Everyone susceptible to Hail took a tiny bit of damage from the Hail that Danni's Snow Warning had called up before Amatsuru used Sunny Day. This does include Ginny and Stewie. Everyone on the ground healed up a bit of damage due to Grassy Terrain.

Last edited by Missingno. Master; 08-06-2017 at 07:59 PM. Reason: Minor formatting fix, and also Safeguard was still up when Stewie sent Poison Powder back at Berue, so no poisoned Tangrowth.
Missingno. Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 06:09 PM   #968
kawaiiconcept
Soul Badge

(OoC: i'm gunna make things easier and just focus on the final stewie line, lets just say things wrapped up and I left for the other story line)
It all happened so fast, before kawaii could order her Frieghya slipped forward and fired a wave of psychic energy at the shadow pokemon and his mate.

Hater of loss meme
Old 08-19-2017, 10:49 PM   #969
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

(OOC: Berue would've been unaffected anyway, since Grass types are immune to Powders now. Also, I wish I had the Yellow Flute like i do on my XD file...)

This was a game of plays and counter-plays, it seemed. One move was all they needed to ruin many of the bug's battle plans, but one move was enough to ruin that. If playing support wasn't working out, then maybe they should try a more offensive approach?

If they couldn't inverse the would-be tyrant's abominable power, then perhaps their best shot was to copy it for themselves- hopefully with better results than the honchcrow had achieved. "Beure, Psych Up the fiend and follow through with an Ancient Power! Charge a Shock Wave to keep up the pressure!"

There was no point in keeping Elen out and about for the time being- this was not something worth gambling with confusion on. "Elenchos, come back- Louise, lessen their reflexes with your Sweet Scent!" The mawile shimmered into the field as Elen was absorbed into red light, her willful glares meant to shift the enemies' demeanor. They were unlikely to be Intimidated by her yet, of course, but that didn't mean she couldn't exert her presence either. "Then Punch the pawniard to Power yourself Up and Incinerate the ledian!"

Lastly, it was her pumpkasaur's turn. "Butternut, use Leech Seed on both of them and use an Incinerate of your own!"

Tangled Feet- "Only I have the right to hit me!"
Median Dia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 12:24 AM   #970
Heather
Naga's Voice

(OOC: This is going to be split up into a few points of view, which will be labeled.)

~Grace~

Seeing the immediate unfolding action of everything turn out to mean so little against the Ledian's array of Shadow Moves was disconcerting. What certainly didn't help matters wasseeibg the reaches of Shadow Panic reach her Trainer. The reaction was immediate-with a small yelp, Heather was immediately seated on the ground, curled up as tightly as they could manage, whimpering in sheer terror. Grace couldn't imagine what she was seeing, but she knew this had to get over with fast. And with the Pawniard copying her Ability to help run interference, Grace knew immediately who had to go first.

Just one problem-she didn't exactly have the moves to take this thing on herself now. Then...she had an idea. It would be a stretch, but if it worked...time to add a touch of betrayal to this brew! But first...

"EVERYONE! The Pawniard's Defiant is gone-let loose the debuffs!" the Emolga called out to the Trainers present.

But now, her plan was going into motion. She made a careful approach to Stewie directly, before tapping into a technique she almost felt guilty for using. Keyword: almost. Grace let loose the cloud of pheromones endemic to her Fatal Attraction attack in hopes of charming Stewie. Then, she turned to the other.

"OI! Think you can just copy my Ability and run!? Not happening! You and me, now!" Grace called to Ginny, taking a ready stance before the Pawniard, ready to make a show of a battle with a Quick Attack once Ginny engaged. If Fatal Attraction managed to charm Stewie, perhaps that charm would motivate him to "save" her from this losing battle...by taking out his own backup!

And it started...now.

~Ryuko~

Ryuko watched as the battle began to unfold, crying out as Circe became confused and thus of little use. Grace suddenly went off to Stewie and then just after decided to challenge the other one. Well then, if Grace wanted to take care of the scary sharp lady, it was up to her and her massive accumulated buffs to zap Stewie into submission! She connived just a bit longer, adding another Nasty Plot to her array of offensive buffs, before taking a running start, leaping into the air at Stewie...

"Hey jerkface! Eat this!"

Ryuko gave a loud battle cry as she loosed a bordering on point-blank Shock Wave at the Ledian. What came next hardly mattered-this had to be a big hit, right?

Either way, time to get up close and personal.

~Heather~

The green room. The hazy memory of this place was not new. The vision of her father standing there, the curdled, distorted, forgotten voice ordering that fateful move...

"flAMe BUrSt..."

Terror flowed through her veins once more. Old terror, years old, resuscitated, brought back from the grave to haunt. But then it got worse. The memory began to warp.

"dIScHaRGe..."

Wait, what? Heather looked for the source of the speaker, only to see Miss Elesa...but it was as if her father's face had supplanted the original, a grotesque abomination forcing her Zebstrika to add wild strikes of lightning to the burning mix. Heather curled up on the floor in terror, squeezing her eyes shut. It had to pass eventually...right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTheFishGuy View Post
Quoth the Honchkrow (nevermore!).
Fizzy Member Post: Catherine Park
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 05:59 PM   #971
Raves
a quick fly cuppa

Location: Life and love make fools of us all. Gods reject the existence of love and life.
Send a message via Skype™ to Raves
The situation was as dire as Alex had expected. The first blood of sorts went to Totsuka, who connected with a hefty double kick on the Pawniard, but then everything went to hell swiftly as the Ledian initiated a shadow panic, the technique foiling the Honchkrow's psych up, though the Incinerate and Punishment landed through confusion. The avian was still a little perplexed, but it was Totsuka who really suffered, with the abject failure of Shadow Storm reminding Alex just how rusty he was with shadow pokemon. The boosted Drain Punch didn't fell her, but the Zangoose wasn't at all angry. Contrary, as she rose she stared at the Ledian and promptly cackled, as though the attack entertained her. Opting to leave her to do as she wished, Alex looked over the situation. The Pawniard and Stewie had some serious buffs, and with the steel type currently packing an immunity to electricity and paralysis, this was problematic.

What was worse was the presence of the rocks on the battlefield. "Not good. Fragarath, focus!" Alex called, the sunlight penetrating the battlefield through the darkened skies, as he realised that the group was severely disadvantaged. The opponents had the advantage, and that advantage had to be removed.

"Frag, keep your wits about you, and blow away these rocks with a defog blast, before smoking everything out with haze! Keep trying until both have been dispatched!" Hoping the crow heard, he could only turn to the others as the shadow Zangoose began to approach Stewie once more, heeding the call on super effective moves well enough. If the bug wanted to feel the heat, she was glad to offer, with a fire punch grab to try and burn them, followed by exacting her revenge for the previous punch on the Pawniard. If she was somehow still standing, she'd put everything into a last resort slam into the dark insect. As she rushed forward, the ferret barked back "Alright, how about this then?"

On Alex's side, he turned to Keith, pointing out the rocks and the two boosted opponents. "Keith, we need those rocks blown away ASAP, and your megalomaniacal ladybird can't get two targets at once, can he? The sooner these stones are out the way and a haze envelopes these two the sooner this becomes a fair fight!"

Unruly Premonition.
Raves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 05:16 PM   #972
Gemini Spark
Weavile Pillow

Send a message via Skype™ to Gemini Spark
{Sorry this is so late, I couldn't figure out what I was going to do for a while!}

With multiple Pokemon suffering from status conditions, Wendy taking a lot of damage in addition to being Frozen stuck to the ground, and Ginny still being a threat because Wendy wasn’t there to keep her busy, Stewie looked stronger than ever. Worse still, one Shadow Shed was all it took to render any defensive spells useless, and it would be a waste of time to try putting those up again. *Sera, we won’t have enough time to get you the stat boosts you need, so let’s not worry about that,* Hyrem thought so the Mega Gardevoir could hear. *Instead, use Heal Bell to cure our friends’ of what’s ailing them, then give Wendy a Heal Pulse so she can get back into the fight before joining it yourself: use Psychic to hold Stewie in place!*

He then turned to his other three Pokemon. “Daphne, use Dig before surprising Ginny with a Whirlwind! If that doesn’t blow her away, then Rock Smash her! Wendy, once you’re defrosted, Fly over to where the Honchkrow is and defend him with Protect! Then use Flamethrower on whichever of the two targets is closest to you at that time! Zatch, you’ll be working with Daphne for this one; Coil yourself up so you’re ready to Bind up Ginny if Daphne’s Whirlwind doesn’t work! Then Aqua Tail her; you’re probably going to attack after Daphne, so you should be able to take advantage of the Defense drop she might get out of the Rock Smash!”

Battlecut made by the crazy Daisy! *happy snek sounds*
Twitch | YouTube | Twitter | Wild Future
Gemini Spark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 11:00 PM   #973
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

The battle for the fate of the world raged on, the gathered Trainers issuing commands (for the most part). Alex was able to catch Keith's attention, asking for Hedwig to help Fragarath with the plan to clear out the Stealth Rock and the stat boosts, though Keith shook his head as Alex demonstrated confidence that Stewie couldn't hit multiple targets at once. "Actually, he can, and much more than just two at once," Keith responded quickly and urgently. "Hedwig, help out Fragarath! Use Defog and-"

But before he could begin to say "Haze", Stewie lashed out at once with irrefutable proof that Alex's assessment was dead wrong- Stewie was in fact capable of hitting multiple targets in one go, and that's just what he was doing now. Sinister purple spikes of pure energy jutted out of the ground, hitting absolutely every Pokémon present for super effective damage (except Totsuka, of course). This knocked out nobody, miraculously, but several of the combatants looked as though they had only just avoided being knocked out by the Shadow Rave.

This seemed to spur the others into action. Dichromatia was quick to swap out her Inkay for her Mawile, while Berue, low on health though she was, managed to copy Stewie's stat boosts with a Psych Up. "Blast!" Stewie exclaimed, foreseeing the potential for a big problem, and sought to solve said problem with great haste. Recklessly he charged at the Ancient Power, and slammed a fist into it, attempting to power straight through with a Rock Smash. The Ancient Power, however, was not so easily dispelled. While much of its momentum was sapped away by the Fighting move, Stewie was still blasted backwards by the super effective move, taking significant damage. Knowing that that wasn't the end of it, however, he readied a Swift attack to fend off the Shock Wave. This saw significantly better results, the two attacks seeming to cancel each other out, just as a pleasant chiming sound rang out all over the battlefield.

Indeed, Sera's Heal Bell was ringing loud and clear, each chime a soothing reminder to all on her side that the fight was far from over, and far from unwinnable. The miraculous nature of the move melted the ice that held Wendy in place, and even the confused Pokémon started to snap out of it, returned to their senses by the beautiful move. And as Wendy regained mobility, Sera's Heal Pulse helped to heal her up. Stewie scowled unpleasantly as this took place, which was fortunate for Butternut, as this allowed him to plant a Leech Seed on Stewie! Ginny, on the other hand, saw her's coming and sliced the seed clean in two with Psycho Cut. The Incinerate that followed hurt both of them, and to Stewie's chagrin, somehow didn't burn up the Leech Seed's roots, which had started to sprout.

Ginny scowled as Stewie started to lose focus, a direct result of Grace's Fatal Attraction. She raced over to her king's side and delivered an irritated Scratch upside his head. Minimal damage dealt by her, she made damn sure of that, but it nevertheless snapped Stewie out of it. With that settled, Ginny turned to Grace, holding her in place with a positively frightening Mean Look. "So, trying to steal my man, hmm?" she hissed. As Grace dashed in for a Quick Attack, Ginny was just as quick herself, reacting deftly with a point-blank Sucker Punch, and spitting a Toxic Grace's way as the attack hit. Grace the Emolga was badly poisoned!

Despite the Shadow Rave, both Fragarath and Hedwig worked together, blowing Ginny's Stealth Rock clean away with Defog. But then, there was the Haze to worry about. Ginny knew that if Stewie lost his powerups, the battle was lost. But then she saw Daphne burrowing underground. She recalled what she heard Hyrem order... she was soon to be on the business end of a Whirlwind. Perhaps she could use that to her advantage...

"GET THESE BLOODY THINGS OFF OF ME!" Stewie bellowed angrily as the Leech Seed's roots entangled him. In his rage, he flailed his four fists, and found himself quite unamused when Totsuka saw this as a perfect opportunity to prove to Stewie that she had what it took to hit him with something super effective. "Let me tell you exactly what I think of this!" Stewie roared, firing String Shot at Totsuka's face, trying specifically to cover her eyes. This, he knew, would screw with her aim, prevent her from grabbing him with the Fire Punch, for all he had to do was swoop out of the way. "You will come to appreciate my efforts before long- you and I, after all, are both Shadow Pokémon, and it is precisely for the sake of our kind that I seek to reshape the world. But for now... you should rest," sneered Stewie, landing a final Drain Punch, robbing the Zangoose of the last of her hit points. Totsuka the Shadow Zangoose is knocked out!

Daphne emerged from the ground, launching a Whirlwind as soon as she saw Ginny. The only issue with that being Ginny's current position- she had flown straight at Fragarath's Haze, and while it had cleared out her stat boosts (and Defense drop), she was frantically spinning in a Swords Dance attack, trying her best to keep the black smoke at bay. She knew she couldn't hold it back forever, though, and therein lay her plan for Daphne's Whirlwind- not only was Ginny blown back a bit by the move, the Whirlwind inadvertently blew away the rest of the black smoke, causing it to drift harmlessly away from the battle! Haze had worked, but only on Ginny- her crafty efforts prevented it from ever reaching Stewie! Moreover, the Magnet Rise was allowing Ginny to use the planet's magnetism to combat the Whirlwind. She couldn't help but fly back a bit, but through a great effort on her part (aided by that last Swords Dance, the effects of which Haze hadn't managed to clear away), she was able to remain in the battle. Of course, now she had the oncoming Shiftry to contend with as it readied a Rock Smash, but she was undeterred. She took the Rock Smash, and took decent damage from it, but came back from it quite well, ready with a super effective blow of her own- a full-power Revenge attack, further fueled by the Rock Smash, hitting Daphne at full force, with a Swords Dance behind that. And while this was by no means the first bit of damage Daphne had taken in the battle, but as Ginny flew off to go to Stewie's side, Daphne was still standing...

Stewie was facing attacks on all sides. Psychic from Freighya, Shock Wave from Ryuko (and after a Nasty Plot, no less!), Flamethrower from Wendy... were it not for his shadowy aura powering him up, things would look quite dire for him. Ginny, however, flew in, having dealt with Daphne, and shielded Stewie not only from the Psychic (which, oddly, seemed to target her as well), but also from the Shock Wave- she still had Motor Drive, after all, and thus was made faster once more. The Flamethrower, however, got the both of them, hitting for significant damage on both of them. Neither of them were knocked out, though Ginny was starting to betray signs of tiredness and exhaustion. Stewie noticed this, though also noticed that in spite of it, Ginny was still fighting, looking nowhere near ready to give up. That vile Pawniard... she refuses to be stopped, Stewie thought to himself. And all for me... All for the sake of me and my grandiose plans for world domination... Though before this train of thought could leave the station, Stewie noticed that Ginny's steel armor was looking quite scorched. Ginny the Pawniard was burned!

Ginny turned his attention to Wendy, red eyes flashing with fury at the sight of the overgrown lizard who dared to burn his queen. "That tears it!" Stewie barked. For an instant, he considered an Ice Punch, but decided against it. Why focus on just one opponent when he could target them all, and very likely take out Wendy in the process? Yes... very likely it would insult her that he didn't think her worth his while to focus on specifically. Taken out as an afterthought... that surely would sting, wouldn't it? With this in mind, Stewie shot out another Shadow Rave, hitting all the participating Pokémon once again, and with more noticeable results than last time. Ryuko the Plusle, Amatsuru the Ponyta, Fragarath the Honchkrow, and Hedwig the Crobat were all knocked out! Those that weren't knocked out were looking decidedly more worn out. Indeed, it was only Sera's Heal Pulse that prevented Wendy from being lumped in with the others Stewie had just taken out. But then, as Stewie started to charge up another Shadow Rave, Daphne came up behind him unexpectedly, and the battlefield rocked with the force of her Explosion! Her allies were at sufficient distance to not take damage from it, but Stewie took the blast at point blank range. A devastating blow, and it was only Stewie's stat boosts that allowed him to withstand the blast at all.

Keith whipped out the Poké Ball and aimed it at his fallen Crobat. "Come back now, Hedwig!" he exclaimed, calling back the Crobat. "You leave Stewie's stat boosts to me," he said to Alex, producing another Poké Ball. "He's weakening. We can do this. Now!" he added, throwing the Poké Ball. "Gemini! Come on out!"

And in a flash of light, Keith's Weezing materialized, a more forceful and formidable presence than most Weezing get to claim to be. Both heads looked determined, and indeed, as Stewie saw them appear, he knew things were about to get even tougher for him.

Ginny flew up in front of Gemini and Mustard, burned, panting, but looking undeterred. "No..." she panted. "Don't... do it..." And she fired a Psycho Cut towards the Weezing, who deflected the Psychic move with Gyro Ball (said Psychic move having been enfeebled by the burn).

"Gemini! Clear Smog attack!" Keith called out, just as the bright sunlight subsided. At this, the ominous clouds reformed at once, Stewie's insidious machinery still hard at work, and the Shadow Sky began to fall once more. Only Stewie and Ginny seemed unfazed by the bursts of light raining down from above, the latter due to the concoction Stewie had splashed her with- everyone else was taking damage gradually. And flying deftly around Ginny, Gemini and Mustard unleashed white clouds into Stewie's face. Stewie coughed and sputtered as he flew out of the clouds, but the damage had been done- all of Stewie's stat boosts had been finally removed! Moreover, Sera's Psychic had taken hold at that point, and the Shadow Ledian could not move! Ginny feebly floated before Stewie, trying to defend him, even fortifying herself with an Iron Defense for good measure, only to hesitate as a Sweet Scent reached her nostrils. She would then take a Power-Up Punch from Louise. Were it not for that timely Iron Defense, she would have been knocked clean out by that. And Stewie shouted angrily as he took the Incinerate attack that Ginny was too distracted to shield him from- Louise's Sweet Scent, while it worked on Ginny, was quite needless against the immobilized Stewie. But would Ginny last much longer in this battle?

The answer, as it turned out, was no. Zatch was still in the battle, and was suddenly Binding Ginny hard! And following that up was an Aqua Tail, knocking Ginny down to the ground, and out. Ginny the Pawniard was knocked out!

"We're winning!" Keith exclaimed, emboldened by this success. "Now, we'll finish this up!" he added, moving his arms. Stewie gritted his teeth, unable to fight the Psychic grip Sera had on him as he saw that flash of purple from Keith's left wrist- from the Poisonium Z set into his Z-Ring.

"Blast..." grunted Stewie, glowering at the Weezing before him. Both Gemini and Mustard knew what was to happen now, and that it did not bode well for Stewie.

"Our minds, our spirits, linked as one!" exclaimed Keith. "A power as intense as the Plague Swamp of Cascadia! Feel the poison- BE the poison!"

"Weeeeez!" exclaimed Gemini and Mustard simultaneously, as the Z-Power flowed into them, powering them up, strengthening them, turning their Gunk Shot into something far stronger, far greater, far more effective.

"And now! For the sake of the world!" Keith declared. "Use Acid Downpour!!!"

Code:

Gemini surrounded itself with its Z-Power!

Gemini unleashes its full-force Z-Move!

Acid Downpour
Swirls of poisonous energy spiraled out from the Weezing, and at the same time, the ground beneath Stewie turned to a smelly, horribly poisonous swamp. And at the same time, vicious purple clouds formed above Stewie. "WEEEEZIIIIIIING!!!" bellowed Gemini and Mustard simultaneously, and this was the cue for the clouds to open up, raining a horribly poisonous substance down onto the Shadow Ledian. This forced him to crash into the swamp, where the poisonous substances reacted to damage him even further. And then, the swamp and the poisonous rain was all gone, though the damage it had caused was not. Indeed, as the Leech Seed sapped a final handful of hit points away, Stewie collapsed to the ground at long last- Stewie the Shadow Ledian was knocked out!

"We... we did it!" Keith smiled, relieved. He then approached his feebly stirring Shadow Ledian and swiped the remote from him. "Alright," he stated. "Let's turn this infernal machine off once and for all!"

The remote was relatively simple. A big dark purple button, which Stewie had pressed to start up the machine. A cowboy hat-shaped button, which he had pressed to activate the rewired Xtransceiver that sprayed Keith with the anti-Shadow Sky formula. And there was one other button- a button designed to look like a Voltorb. "Well, if the rest of the remote is anything to go by, this button's pretty self-explanatory... but I better make sure," Keith stated. He turned to Ginny, who was sitting up, looking worriedly at Stewie. "Ginny," Keith said. "This is an order- I need you to tell me- this Voltorb button on Stewie's remote, will it destroy the machine?"

"...Pawn," replied Ginny, giving a small nod, her eyes tearing up.

"OK," Keith sighed in relief. "Then here we go!" And with that, he pressed the Voltorb button.

Back at the site of Keith's former Secret Base, the underground machine exploded immediately. The smoke took a while to clear, but when it did, it revealed naught but a still-smoking crater. The tree, the wreckage, the machinery, it had all been vaporized by the blast.

And yet, back on Stargazer Island, Keith was looking up at the sky, and most disconcertingly, not seeing the Shadow Sky dissipating. In fact, if anything, it was slowly starting to gain power. "...OK, why is nothing changing?" Keith asked nervously.

He was answered by a feeble yet maniacal laugh as Stewie sat up. "Because you're too damn late, hat man!" Stewie declared triumphantly. "You destroyed my machine, yes, but things have already been set in motion! The clouds have gained enough power to keep expanding on their own! And soon, the world shall be mine! Let it be known, all of you, that your efforts were all in vain! Ahahahahahaha!" he laughed.

For a moment, Keith was unsure what to do- he didn't understand Ledian language, after all. A moment later, however, a Luxury Ball on his belt burst open, and his blue-eyed Banette appeared. "I heard everything," Helena said urgently. "The machine's been destroyed, but the clouds are strong enough to keep growing on their own!"

"Well, that's not good!" Keith responded. "We... OK, we were able to fight them with Sunny Day earlier, right?" he said, getting a sudden idea. "That's it, then- alright, everybody, listen up!" Keith exclaimed, already plucking a Poké Ball and a Level Ball off his belt. "Send out everything you have that can use Sunny Day, and use it! If we all work together, we might be able to get rid of this Shadow Sky once and for all!" With that, he threw the balls into the air, sending out his Victreebel and Heatmor. "Alright," said Keith. "Goyle, Kyle, Helena, use Sunny Day right now!"

NOTES:

-With the battle having concluded, the focus now turns to clearing out the rapidly growing and strengthening Shadow Sky clouds. Send out any Pokémon you have on hand that knows Sunny Day and have it use it.

-If you do not have something that can use Sunny Day, you can still have a Pokémon use Helping Hand to assist. If you don't have anything with either move, you are encouraged to think of some other way to help. Be creative.

-Neither Stewie nor Ginny are in any fit shape to continue battling at this stage. No further effort is needed to restrain them.

-For anyone who might be wondering, GS has requested that I have Daphne use Explosion without Hyrem ordering the move.

-Nice battling all around, everyone.

Last edited by Missingno. Master; 02-19-2019 at 01:40 AM.
Missingno. Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 07:57 PM   #974
Raves
a quick fly cuppa

Location: Life and love make fools of us all. Gods reject the existence of love and life.
Send a message via Skype™ to Raves
The battle had taken a turn for the worse, and yet despite his presumptions, Stewie was indeed capable of attacking the entire battlefield, Fragarath withstanding another Shadow Rave while the Zangoose shrugged it off. Even then, the Honchkrow with the help of Hedwig blew away those infernal rocks. Totsuka's attempted attack fell flat, however, as the Ledian dispatched her with relative ease, the shadow pokemon being floored by a second drain punch. "Ehh...resting's my pastime anyways...bored already..." she groaned as she lay on the earth, no longer fit for battle or anything.

The haze was partially successful, as the Pawniard was neutered, but that was the limits of the Honchkrow's strength as another rave knocked him out of the sky, landing with a painful thud. "Goddamn, I'm not through yet, beetle." Alex growled as he reached for another ball, only for Keith to retrieve his Crobat and send out his Weezing, which looked ready for battle. He hesitated, and ultimately it was Keith's pokemon. The fading sun gave way to the shadow sky once again, the trainer again barely fazed by the falling darkness.

Instead, he watched as Keith dispatched Ginny with the poison pokemon before raising his arm and performing some elaborate movement, the Shadow Ledian only watching helplessly at what was coming. Alex wasn't surprised by many things, but what happened next took him off guard completely, as energy flowed from a ring on the hat man's wrist into the Weezing, before they unleashed...an incredible burst of noxious rain, a foul swamp snaring the pokemon, and as quickly as it arrived, it vanished, leaving the Ledian down and out.

He couldn't help but stare at the ring, and the crystal within. He had something like that, back when he was reunited with...but how? What were these things? He idly reached into a pocket, not even paying attention to the scenes before him, oblivious to Fragarath, rousing himself from unconsciousness and roosting to try and recuperate enough to take flight again, and took out the brown crystal, a stonelike motif embossed within. He had heard these had hidden powers, but never imagined them to be of that strength. A few flashes caught him from his thoughts, and he looked up. The Shadow Sky remained, seemingly self-sustaining, raining down the shards of darkness, which by now was starting to irritate him.

"Huh? Oh, right," he mumbled on hearing the guy who called him out here for a start to deal with Stewie, something about sun? He racked his brain, before realising he had very few options for sun. Nevertheless, every little helps, right? Pulling an orb out, he released the pokemon within, the Conkeldurr glowering around before flinching at the substance falling from the sky.

"Tantalia, the fighting's done, but the threat remains, that shadow sky there. Could you help out with sunny day?"

"It will take...more than a caw-ple of hits...to put me down," a familiar voice crooned, the Honchkrow having recuperated to the point of rejoining Alex as Fragarath too joined in the act of bringing the sun out. A beep from his pocket alerted him, as he checked his messages from control.

"...that storm's getting close to the spire, Nuhuko's saying. I'll forward the command to them to head for the incoming darkness and to dispel it with sunny day, too, see if we can't prevent it spreading further...but I wonder..."

In a moment, the larger than life Golurk stood, Golestandt lacking any proper capabilities to remove the darkness...but if that shadow sky was effectively a shadowy hail, then surely it'd have similar properties.

"Gol, I need you to do something drastic and silly. You're immune to electricity, which is good. I need your strength here to grab and fly someone up to the heart of darkness there, and for the two of you to unleash hell upon it. Blast it apart with psychic, throw energy balls around, anything to do some damage. As for your companion..." he nodded, removing another from the belt.

The light dissipated from release to reveal a Graveler, which bore dark and gold lumps on its body, and a couple of cracks on the shoulders.

"Caritas, you start charging up as much as you can, and when you're in that cloud with Gol, unleash the most powerful discharge you can into the nothingness, try and rip a hole in the sky."

With confirmations, Alex turned his attentions to the flopped Zangoose, walking by Keith and asking him what the hell that swamp thing was. Totsuka was pretty much lazing around idly, and as Alex approached, he had a dire feeling within.

"Work's done, Totsuka, you can re-!"

What word Alex would have said was interrupted as the falling darkness reacted with the Zangoose, who gave an uncontrollable twitch of her arm, steeped in shadow energy as it flailed upwards at his outstretched arm. The shadow energy flashed at him, catching him in the right hand, the normal type's eyes as she watched the scene before her telling the very tale that this wasn't intended in any way, shape or form. As quickly as the blast started, it ended, a scarlet mist bursting around the end of the arm as energy reacted violently, tearing flesh and muscle apart and throwing it in every direction, leaving only bone.

He gasped, jerking arm back as he raised it upwards, barely aware of what just happened, right hand nothing but red-tinted bone in view of all. All he could do was look at it in confusion and shock, before collapsing backwards.

Oh gods, what the fuck.

Unruly Premonition.
Raves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 10:31 PM   #975
Heather
Naga's Voice

The battle raged on and on. Grace growled in frustration as Ginny outsmarted her plans, and darted away as other opponents surrounded the Pawniard, breaking into a full on sprint as she saw Ryuko lunge at Stewie only to be met with a KO Shadow Rave. She quickly scooped up the small Electric type's collapsed form and scurried back to her Trainer. Circe snapped out of confusion from the duo of Shadow Rave attacks, and joined Grace at Heather's side at the sight of Ryuko having fallen in battle, worrying over the unconcious Plusle as Grace tried to get Heather's attention.

"Heather! Heather!! HEATHER!!! Snap out of it, the fight's over!" Grace pleaded, poking and prodding her Trainer's face repeatedly. ""The clouds are getting worse and we can't do anything about it, we need to get out of here!" she added, growing more and more desperate with each passing moment. At last, Heather stopped shaking, and opened her eyes.

"Grace...oh thank Arceus, I-" Heather was quickly stoped by the sight of Ryuko knocked out before her. "Oh Arceus, Ryuko, return!" she exclaimed, snatching a Poke Ball from her belt and recalling the Plusle, breathing a mix of a sigh and a sob of relief upon seeing it all work as normal.

"Listen, the Shadow Sky isn't going away just yet. Everyone's using Sunny Day to get rid of it, but we're not exactly equipped for that. We don't have any further use here, and after that mess, you definitely need to rest. Come on, let's go." Grace insisted. Heather shook her head as she stood up.

"No. There's something we can try. Not sure if it'll work, but we should still try it." she said, fishing out the Ride Pager she'd been loaned to get here. Charizard was still selected on the device, so Heather simply held it skyward and pressed the CALL button. Moments later, a Charizard descended from the dark clouds and landed beside the pair. Heather held up a hand.

"Before we go, Charizard...do you happen to know Sunny Day? This Shadow Sky's gotten self-sustaining, and we need all the help we can get to dispel it!" she asked the Ride Pokemon, who simply nodded, grumbling something.

"Huh. Turns out Sunny Day's part of the training for Ride Charizard. He says it helps eliminate rough weather for travelers. Makes sense, actually." Grace translated, as the Charizard set to work on his Sunny Day.

"Feels good that we were of some use..." Heather mumbled under her breath. For her, the victory was Pyrrhic at best. She'd been out for basically the whole fight, one of her Pokemon had gotten knocked out, the other two looked like they hadn't managed to pull off much of their plan, and All that Danni managed to accomplish had already vanished amidst the three turns of battle-much shorter than an Aurora Veil was supposed to last. All she had done was make herself and her team liabilities. All said and done...Heather found it hard to enjoy the victory at all. The battle of battles, and she hadn't even truly fought despite being there. In all honesty...she felt horrible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTheFishGuy View Post
Quoth the Honchkrow (nevermore!).
Fizzy Member Post: Catherine Park
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > Secret Bases