UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Anime

Old 08-10-2007, 01:08 AM   #1
big bad birtha
Volcano Badge

We're going to miss you! ;_;

The time is almost here. Summer's over and people's lives become busier and busier. The same applies for our own SuiginChou. Honestly, I don't know what will happen without you. Almost every comment made is either yours or something in response to yours. This applies to our own home of the anime forum. When you were gone, I did everything I could to liven up the suggestion box. Hell, I even made a fake review of ToHeart as you, but most of the comments were either my reviews or some comments by Doppleganger. I will continue to try to make this place as lively as I can.

Anyway, we will miss you, and I wish you luck in Med. School. Having you around was a pleasure, and I look forward to your temporary return in December. As a parting gift to remember us by when slaving over unnecessary school work, I will fulfill one request by you. As long as it's not out of my ability or too over the top, I will listen to a request and fill it.

P.S. I want this topic to stay in the anime forum. Please don't move it. I am making this topic as an anime fan, and not some paranoid guy against the government.
big bad birtha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 01:53 AM   #2
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Send a message via AIM to Doppleganger
Re: We're going to miss you! ;_;

I'm so tempted to post the last CG of Ever17 in this topic, but alas, I cannot do that, ~uguu.

Doppleganger fully agrees with everything BBB has outline - you're the heart of the party, Talon, and it will indeed be a lot colder here without your presence. We'll keep the fire lit for when you come back, though I do think the tendancy to fall asleep will ultimately overcome us in the long winter.

But, most of all, hit medical school like the first of an angry god - we're all supporting your endeavour and will not accept defeat. I'll be following your example come October with my two nightmare quarters, so in the unlikely event you end up miserable just think of me as company. :p

あばよ、ダチ公
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Doppleganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 11:41 AM   #3
McSweeney
Soul Badge

Oh, that sucks. I wouldn't have known since I never go to Misc. Discussion. It's just like old days when I only went to the Pokemon Anime forum and never went to Misc. when I first came to the old Upnetwork!

This will really kill the Mahjong club, and a significant amount of this anime forum too. I was hoping to get some tutelage in Go. I want to fight you in Go once before you leave!

Smoking Gary sez:
"Stay in school kidz"
McSweeney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 05:41 PM   #4
Talon87
時の彼方へ

BBB and Doppel: Wow, I wasn't expecting this, but this gesture is really meaningful and greatly appreciated. Thanks. I will try my best to not let anybody down, but this will (necessarily) involve watching near to no anime or JDrama over the next term. I've basically prepped myself for the "crack schedule" (as in crack troops, not crack cocaine x_x) of "high school v.2.0," a.k.a. for the first time since high school, I'll basically have 0% time for fun Mon-Fri and even on weekends I'll have to mostly study and only get in a tiny amount of fun (necessary to keep my sanity, to keep me happy, etc.). That tiny little bit of free time has already in part been reserved for 1 hour of anime, with half an hour of that time being devoted to Suzumiya Haruhi no [2nd Season] once it comes out and the remaining half hour being devoted to Rozen Maiden Season 3 once it comes out. The remaining time, in the event one or even both shows are not airing, will be spent on trying to catch up on Naruto, where I am still on episode 170-something.

Mcsweeney: I leave Sunday. XD Lucky for you, classes don't officially begin until August 20. Still ... I'm planning on leaving here as scheduled around August 12/13 and people can contact me through AIM (rare but solid), e-mail (I rarely check the public e-mail I've given you guys ), .... Also ... this definitely kills both mahjong and Go, as both games require far too much time when maximally enjoyed. I could always schedule a game of Go in for you, but I don't enjoy the game enough to want to spend my free time that way. ^_^; (Don't get me wrong, I do like it, but I simply mean, why would I make time for Go when I don't even have time for Japanese language, anime, or JDrama?) As for mahjong ... *sigh* , like I said, I'll be back in December, all things going as I think they should and I hope them to do.
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 01:04 AM   #5
big bad birtha
Volcano Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppleganger
~uguu.
XD! You go on saying that you're sick of "uguu" and you use it yourself . I guess it took awhile to sink in at how great of a catchphrase it can be. (I apologize. I just HAD to point that out.)

Anyway, I admire your dedication. Honestly, if I entered into something that would take away that much of my free time, I would just say "**** it!" and do something easier. Well, at least you will reach your dreams with this. Trust me. You will make a splendid pediatrician (be careful though. always make sure the kid is asleep before making your move )

Also, you had no fun during High School? I don't get it. During High School, I spent the whole time either sleeping of daydreaming. Hell, I rarely did my homework. I guess school had like 5% of my thoughts at most. Sure, it caused me to get a C average overall, but I was enjoying myself ^o^.
Old 08-11-2007, 07:41 AM   #6
McSweeney
Soul Badge

When I took a paramedic course I barely had time to do anything, so I'd hate to see medical school. Plus it lasts a lot longer.

Also, thanks for (indirectly) recommending Planetes and Hikaru no Go, which both found homes high up on my all time favourite anime list.

Smoking Gary sez:
"Stay in school kidz"
McSweeney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 01:01 PM   #7
Loki
The Path of Now & Forever

Send me your new address or phone number and I won't hate you for abandoning us.
Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 09:02 AM   #8
Lunar Delta
Cascade Badge

Send a message via AIM to Lunar Delta

I'll miss you too, dude! You're basically the heart and soul of this board. Whenever you leave, the number of new posts rapidly approaches zero, until a singularity is reached.

You can at least give me a call some time. ;_;
Lunar Delta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 11:10 PM   #9
big bad birtha
Volcano Badge

Well, now that I have noticed a certain something in someone's sig. I might as well say something.

Suign, welcome back god damnit! Sure, you were here for most of it, but you weren't officially here. As a welcome back gift...I will have to search my own computer for something. I think I have something that will warm your heart X3.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Anime