UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Fanart & Fanfiction

Old 12-29-2011, 12:35 AM   #51
phoopes
Double Dragon

I also figured it out on the second clue, but looking at the first picture, it should have been obvious to me.
Old 12-29-2011, 12:20 PM   #52
Talon87
時の彼方へ

I made a room called Pokemon if anyone wants to join. Set the limit at 5 players so that we each get at least 2 turns to draw per round.

Edit: I forgot to click on the Pokemon category. So that room is worthless. Made a new one called "Pokemon Trial 2." It's capped at five players, 15 rounds per überround, and so we each should get around 3 draws per round @ 1 every 5 turns. Definitely selected Pokemon this time.

Last edited by Talon87; 12-29-2011 at 12:28 PM.
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 12:48 PM   #53
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

I got the game working. How do I join the room? I don't see it on the list.
lilboocorsola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 05:18 PM   #54
Maple Pichu
Pokemon Trainer

How do I find the game? :-/

Ferriswheel|Checkmate|Chess|Dualrival|Conflict|Iss hu|Soulsilver|Heartsoul|Hoenn|Newrival|Rebel|Manga quest|Specialjewel|Chosen|Preciousmetal|Contest| Poke|Penguin|Ikari|Heartfulsoul|Special|Commoner| Haughty|Twinleaf|Fortune|Jet|Airplane(Influenced by the Almighty Kuno)|

If anyone else feels that way, let's be friends! ^_^

Kin is my brother.

I'm making a fanart thread... Please check it out!
Maple Pichu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 05:21 PM   #55
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maple Pichu View Post
How do I find the game? :-/
We've since closed out of it. But in the future, look in the User-Created lobby by clicking on the User-Created tab. (The default lobby you're sent to is the English lobby.) You can also make your own rooms if you like. Who knows? Maybe somebody from UPN will sign in and play with you.
Old 12-29-2011, 10:39 PM   #56
Maple Pichu
Pokemon Trainer

Oh! Thank you very much~!

Ferriswheel|Checkmate|Chess|Dualrival|Conflict|Iss hu|Soulsilver|Heartsoul|Hoenn|Newrival|Rebel|Manga quest|Specialjewel|Chosen|Preciousmetal|Contest| Poke|Penguin|Ikari|Heartfulsoul|Special|Commoner| Haughty|Twinleaf|Fortune|Jet|Airplane(Influenced by the Almighty Kuno)|

If anyone else feels that way, let's be friends! ^_^

Kin is my brother.

I'm making a fanart thread... Please check it out!
Maple Pichu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 05:49 PM   #57
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Made a room right now called "Pokemon." The category is, naturally, Pokémon. Limit of five players, so if it has five by the time you see this, then that's why you can't enter. (Let me know if that's the case. Would rather play with UPNers than with strangers, though I have met some fun 'n' kind strangers in these past 24 hours.)

I found out that you can make it so that multiple clues exist per round and the artist is free to draw any which one he or she likes. For instance, instead of being saddled with having to draw (say) Vermilion City or Intimidate, you'd have something more like these:
example a) Vermilion City OR Marill OR Agatha
b) Intimidate OR Master Ball OR Ampharos

So like, you'd probably pick Marill in example A (since it's so much easier to draw and to guess), and you'd probably pick either Master Ball or Ampharos in example B. But either way, you're not very likely to get saddled with a crappy clue to have to draw. So, if that's why you didn't have fun playing yesterday, considering giving the game a second shot. New rules might make all the difference.

EDIT: No one's here yet, of course. If no one signs in to play in the next 15 minutes or so, I'll probably leave (thereby killing the room), so don't be surprised if you don't even see the room by the time you read this post.

EDIT 2: We had fun. Daisy showed up for a bit and Yuki showed up for quite a while. For the most part it was a small group of four of us -- me, Yuki, a stranger I met today who seems very nice, and some other random person -- and we eventually split up around 6:30pm or 7:00pm or so.

Anyway, I signed back in to see if anyone would want to do Touhou trivia. Not because I expect it to be fun, but because I wanted to see just how retardedly difficult the category would be. (Character names alone would be tough since I don't know most of them in full and I only know the very famous Touhous, but spell cards? Stage names? Oh boy, the possibilities for disaster are endless with this category. XD) Sadly, I've been keeping this room alive for the past 15 minutes and nobody, not one soul, has set foot inside for even a millisecond. I even gave it the tantalizing-yet-accurate name of "Touhou (Oh boy!)" You'd think that the parenthetical alone would get people's interest, but I guess not.

Last edited by Talon87; 12-30-2011 at 09:55 PM.
Old 01-22-2012, 07:33 PM   #58
Shuckle
Problematic Fave

Shuckle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copygoo View Post
Preliminary work on Daisy's Theme has begun. >:]
Orly? Here's the killer question:

Which audio sharing service are you going to use, Copy?
Old 01-22-2012, 07:58 PM   #59
Copygoo
超高校級 写真師

Yeah so it turns out I have no patience for developing actual songs.

[i can't believe all of the things they say about me]
Copygoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 08:03 PM   #60
Shuckle
Problematic Fave

Shuckle

Quote:
Yeah so it turns out I have no patience for developing actual songs.
I don't mean to toot my own horn, but

Currently taking AP Music Theory. Developed a few samples that I'm prepared to share with the world and a few I'm not.

If you tell/PM me a place to upload the music and the general style/theme you want from the music, I can create a sample motif for you. If you like it, we can continue from there. Because I fail at finding good places to upload music -_-;; and otherwise it's C://Users/Shuckle/Music/Daisy.mid
Old 01-22-2012, 08:25 PM   #61
Copygoo
超高校級 写真師

Seriously you are amazing.

The best thing would be something simple and happy. Feel absolutely free to make up whatever you think is best.

EDIT: WHOOPS

You can upload music at Tindeck.

Last edited by Copygoo; 01-22-2012 at 08:38 PM.
Old 01-22-2012, 08:56 PM   #62
Shuckle
Problematic Fave

Shuckle

Quote:
Spoiler: show

Seriously you are amazing.

The best thing would be something simple and happy. Feel absolutely free to make up whatever you think is best.

EDIT: WHOOPS

You can upload music at Tindeck.
:')

Thank you on so many levels. I'll see what I can do by tomorrow Simple and happy, got it.
Old 01-25-2012, 03:16 AM   #63
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

Reading the latest conversation, my thoughts went in an interesting direction, as per usual.

"Oh, Copy ranked noobs? Small wonder Shuckle's on top, seeing what he just demonstrated."
"Oh. No, wait. It's just praise. Totally justified praise, though."
"Copy's describing what it would be li- AHROEHNSFODDAISYXCOPYASDLFDSSUHGAL"
"Huh, themes. Wait. Themes. What would my own theme sound like?"
"That's a creepy idea. I propose I never think that again."
"Chaotic should be on the best newbie list. D:"
"Agh- I should learn to do electronic music."
"Actually, I should teach myself how to use my sister's guitar. Hmm."
"BUT GUITARS AREN'T AIRY ENOUGH. >:X"

Obviously, #4 is the important one. So, I propose a topic-

What do you belive your own theme would sound like?

Guys, if you feel someone is way off base, feel free to interject and say what you think would make a more suiting theme for them.
People should watch what they enjoy regardless of what others think, even if it's a terribad guilty pleasure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppleganger View Post
Though, I also dislike the concept of lamenting the current day while wishing to re-experience the past. At least, my modern attitude is to try and make each new day magical even if it's not, since exclusively reminiscing about the past is too pathetic.
Kindrindra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 12:26 PM   #64
JustAnotherUser
Only Mostly Lurking

Send a message via Skype™ to JustAnotherUser
Cyber Track Act 3 from Sonic Advance 3.

Last edited by JustAnotherUser; 01-26-2012 at 11:24 AM.
JustAnotherUser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 09:41 PM   #65
Loki
The Path of Now & Forever

So sorely tempted to get a Fujitsu ST5112 tablet PC. It's way, way cheaper than a Wacom Cintiq 12WX (same size as the Fujitsu) and a Wacom screen (albeit a much older model). Unfortunately, I don't have $300 to spend on eBay =/
Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 12:30 PM   #66
Slash
Silver LO

Send a message via Yahoo to Slash Send a message via Skype™ to Slash
die walkure

Or something kinda techno, with a nice underlying bass to support it.
KAIRNE I WILL RIP OFF YOUR SCROTUM AND FEED IT TO YOU THROUGH A FUCKING SWIRLY STRAW.

Slash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 05:28 PM   #67
TheNthDoctor
Boulder Badge

I do believe This would be my theme music
TheNthDoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 10:39 PM   #68
Copygoo
超高校級 写真師

>spend several days moping in an art slump
>thoroughly despise self and all drawings
>finally give up and just start drawing self-deprecative bullshit
>IT LOOKS WONDERFUL
>mfw

As it turns out I was trying to force way too many new art concepts and anatomy tips onto myself at once.

Old 02-23-2012, 12:05 AM   #69
Hanatori
Skippy.

Jumpluff

Awesome that you came up out of it, Copy! Yeah, trying to do too much at once can bring about some real brain breakage. (Tried working on four or five different projects in a day earlier this week. Very little progress on pretty much all but one.) I imagine some mileages will vary, but picking one new concept and practicing the hell out of it until you're comfortable enough to bring in the next seems like a good way to go. tungsten

Speaking of pluffing, I figure Keri Smith's Artist's Survival Kit would be worth a look for anyone looking for something to pick them up out of a slump or a rough spot on a project.

Last edited by Hanatori; 02-23-2012 at 12:12 AM.
Hanatori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 11:43 AM   #70
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

Quote:
>spend several days moping in an art slump
>thoroughly despise self and all drawings
>finally give up and just start drawing self-deprecative bullshit
>IT LOOKS WONDERFUL
>mfw

As it turns out I was trying to force way too many new art concepts and anatomy tips onto myself at once.
I believe this sums that up nicely.

Since we're talking about how to get out of a slump- It's not free, but I find Fantasy Genesis marvelous for getting out of it. The basic idea is that you roll dice to generate a list of attributes, and then pick and choose from the list to create a creature, item, person, whatever-the-hell-you-want. It's surprisingly addictive.
People should watch what they enjoy regardless of what others think, even if it's a terribad guilty pleasure.
Quote:
Though, I also dislike the concept of lamenting the current day while wishing to re-experience the past. At least, my modern attitude is to try and make each new day magical even if it's not, since exclusively reminiscing about the past is too pathetic.
Old 03-08-2012, 06:45 PM   #71
Hanatori
Skippy.

Pikachu

Is it just me or is Pikachu surprisingly hard to draw well or do I just really suck? I've always struggled to draw 'em halfway decently. As I find myself on a bit of a Pokemon doodling kick lately, I swear I get about 5-10 bad 'chus to one good 'chu. ;;
Old 03-08-2012, 07:06 PM   #72
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanatori View Post
Is it just me or is Pikachu surprisingly hard to draw well or do I just really suck? I've always struggled to draw 'em halfway decently. As I find myself on a bit of a Pokemon doodling kick lately, I swear I get about 5-10 bad 'chus to one good 'chu. ;;
I think he's one of the easier ones to draw, but he's also one of the harder ones to draw beyond the scope of criticism. The reason being, we've all seen Pikachu so often -- hundreds of hours' worth of television, an entire video game (or two ... or ten) in which he was a major mascot, stickers, posters, films, coloring books, you name it, we've all seen it -- we've seen him so often that we have a very good mental picture of what a Pikachu should look like. Thus, you draw the ears even the slightest bit too thin and we notice. You draw them the slightest bit too long and we notice. The shading, the tail shape, everything and anything.

You also have a lot less artistic license with Pikachu than you do with the other Pokemon because, again thanks to the anime, we've seen Pikachu in more anatomical contortions and positions than perhaps all other Pokemon combined. We know what he canonically looks like when he gets sad ... sad-angry ... sad-angry but mostly sad, etc. Crazy-specific states of being like this have already been mapped out by the anime. "How low do his ears droop? What shape do his eyes become?", etc. And we've seen him fall off of tall objects and crash into the ground. We've seen him hang off of edges with lakes of molten lava or bottomless sky-pits below him. We've seen him hug the windshields of helicopters and soar through the skies atop butterflies and eagles. We've seen it all with him, so again, if you try to draw him in certain ways, we subconsciously tap in (in ways we would not tap in for the other Pokemon) and we say, "Hey! That doesn't look quite right ..."

But no, on the whole, I think Pikachu's fairly easy to draw. Certainly easier than Bulbasaur or Squirtle, for starters.
Old 03-08-2012, 08:07 PM   #73
Shuckle
Problematic Fave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kindrindra View Post
Obviously, #4 is the important one. So, I propose a topic-

What do you believe your own theme would sound like?
You tempt me.

But I'm busy doing Daisy's theme. Maybe I'll do stuff later if you like the finished product.
Old 03-09-2012, 01:25 PM   #74
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanatori View Post
I actually don't have that much trouble drawing Pikachu, but I might apply a splash too much of artistic license. >_>
Quote:
Old 03-21-2012, 04:19 PM   #75
Copygoo
超高校級 写真師

I'd like to point out for future reference that anybody wanting art critique can ask for it here.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Fanart & Fanfiction