UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON

Old 07-27-2007, 01:11 PM   #726
Sylar
Cascade Badge

Send a message via AIM to Sylar Send a message via MSN to Sylar
Re: Pokemon diamond and pearl.

Right, so I've never done this before. xD Where do I go to accept the trade? >>;
Old 07-27-2007, 01:20 PM   #727
Talon87
時の彼方へ

You need to first add my name (Momoko) and WiFi code (see the friend codes thread) to your Pal Pad. It should be the fourth item you collected in your adventures that is stowed away in the very last pocket of your backpack.

After you add my name and code (as I have done yours), you will be able to see me when we trade in the WiFi room. This is down the stairs to your right in any Pokemon Center once you earn access to it. Go down the escalator, and you'll be in a pretty blue room. (Blue seems to be the official WiFi color for Nintendo.) Talk to the lady in the middle, come on in, and I'm waiting for you. (I have an Audio Enabled Mic Enabled trade session, so like I said, if you don't want to hear me, turn off your speakers.)
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 01:21 PM   #728
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Since you have the audio off, this is a little more difficult. You never specified what you want. >> What am I giving you, precisely?
Old 07-27-2007, 01:22 PM   #729
Sylar
Cascade Badge

Yeah, I just found out as I noticed your post. xd Had already added you before, too.

Woo Bidoof! xD

Erm...how about the Zigzagoon? Lower-levelled one, please. Disobeyment, neeu. xd

Gawd, my DS sucks. I've got it full volume and can hardly hear it. =\ LOOK AT MY POST! Nothing else, ta. xD

Maybe I should get a Lite to replace my 3 year old Phat. xD
Old 07-27-2007, 01:30 PM   #730
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylar
LOOK AT MY POST! Nothing else, ta. xD

Maybe I should get a Lite to replace my 3 year old Phat. xD
Man, that was like trying to hold a conversation with a deaf *and* partially blind man. I was trying to get you to hover over a creature you desired (that was why I kept moving the cursor rapidly over the two Zigzagoons, to invite you to choose one by hovering over it yourself), but I guess I'm not telepathic enough to convey that thought into your head. XD

Anyway, I hope you enjoy the Zigzagoon and Treecko. If you need another Zigzagoon and/or you decide you really should have asked for that Ditto, let me know and I might see your reply before you go to bed tonight.
Old 07-27-2007, 01:33 PM   #731
Sylar
Cascade Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xuande
Man, that was like trying to hold a conversation with a deaf *and* partially blind man. I was trying to get you to hover over a creature you desired (that was why I kept moving the cursor rapidly over the two Zigzagoons, to invite you to choose one by hovering over it yourself), but I guess I'm not telepathic enough to convey that thought into your head. XD
Oh yeah, I saw you doing that. Didn't occur to me at the time that I could cross over onto yours to choose.

Quote:
Anyway, I hope you enjoy the Zigzagoon and Treecko. If you need another Zigzagoon and/or you decide you really should have asked for that Ditto, let me know and I might see your reply before you go to bed tonight.
Nah, I have no real need for a Ditto. Most of my Pokemon on Sapphire have been kept at their beginning stage so I don't need to breed. :O
Old 07-28-2007, 06:19 AM   #732
Another Fan
Boulder Badge

Joe, if you want a cranidos talk to me, I got like 3 level 25 ones I think, and can easily get ten more.

Fizzy Bubbles Information[/center:ac83b]
Another Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 09:40 AM   #733
Loki
The Path of Now & Forever

I've been thinking about time between today and the tournament and I've been thinking: I probably don't have nearly enough time to get the right team up and ready.

-I need to import a bunch because I won't have time to waste with catching swarm Pokemon that might not show up.
-I need money to breed, which means I need to fight the old couple a lot of times. And I do mean a lot (is currently almost out of money).
-I need to breed the whole team, EV train and Level them to at least evolve or learn all the right moves, which will take a lot of time.
-I need to battle on BT to get the items i.e. TM Stone Edge, which takes a long ass time.

~_~;;
Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 09:44 AM   #734
Sylar
Cascade Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Another Fan
Joe, if you want a cranidos talk to me, I got like 3 level 25 ones I think, and can easily get ten more.
Probably won't need it, since I could get one myself, but still, thanks. :O

I think I'll go underground again later, I got addicted yesterday. xD Managed to find about 60 sphere thingies, fire and moon stone, and a heart scale. =3 Twas awesome.
Old 07-28-2007, 01:02 PM   #735
Another Fan
Boulder Badge

Digging is absolutely awesome, your bag with be absolutely stuffed with big spheres and a lot of other stuff.

Several stones, plenty of plates, amazing amounts of stuff, no seriously, digging is absolutely amazing.

Fizzy Bubbles Information[/center:ac83b]
Another Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 03:02 PM   #736
Sylar
Cascade Badge

Just wondering, what are the weird grey things? I keep finding them, and when I dug one out once, nothing happens, so I decided not to dig them up again. They're like, all weird shapes, and they're cracked and stuff. Look like they belong in a Mr. Driller game. xd
Old 07-28-2007, 03:07 PM   #737
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Hitting those is worse than hitting empty dirt, that's what they are. They're meant to shorten the time you're allowed to dig, and they're pretty damaging to your "Dig-o-Meter" as compared with excavating normally when you hit empty dirt or gemstones. Usually, they appear in regular patterned shapes (+ signs, 2x2 squares, or long slender rods), so the veteran digger will be able to recognize these and ...

a) avoid hitting them, plus
b) be able to sniff around for secret treasure hidden in their midst (like Heart Scales, which only occupy 3 squares)

You'll figure things out eventually. There's a pattern (I can't quite put it into words) on the soil that shows up, and when you're using the small hammer that normally clears away one square, hitting this pattern will clear away 2+ squares, always adjacent to where you struck. Using the large hammer usually destroys soil in a + -shaped area and is good when you start off, but it's wasteful to keep using the large hammer once you've cleared away most of the soil around a treasure since 2-3 clicks of the small hammer equals 1 click of the big hammer (roughly), meaning that the smaller hammer is more profitable when all you have left to clear away is one speck of dirt, while the larger hammer is better if you have 4+ dirt spots left.
Old 07-30-2007, 07:03 AM   #738
Sylar
Cascade Badge

Ah, so they're just wastes of space then. xd

w00t, just caught Dialga. I got bored about 5 rounds into the battle and started throwing Net Balls. xD One of them actually rolled 3 times before it broke out. :O Got it in an Ultra Ball a couple rounds later. Empoleon rocks, it survived 2 Roars of Time and a Dragon Claw without me healing him. :P

Anywho, I'll probably go kill Volkner later. Gonna work on evolving my Riolu first.
Old 07-30-2007, 11:43 AM   #739
quilava plush
Boulder Badge

Send a message via AIM to quilava plush Send a message via MSN to quilava plush

Finally got off my arse and hunted down Cresselia. Put her to sleep (she still ran away O_o), whittled down her health with a Scyther, and finally caught her with a Quick Ball. Modest nature, luckily. I'll check her IVs later.
Old 07-30-2007, 06:23 PM   #740
Lady Kuno
The hostess with the mostess

For some reason this amused me to great extent:

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.p ... stcount=12

PROUD OWNER OF A MISSINGNO. IN FIZZY BUBBLES
Lady Kuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 06:53 PM   #741
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Wow. So he hacks? What a shame. How the mighty have fallen, huh?
Old 07-30-2007, 09:16 PM   #742
Loki

It took me like 10 minutes to realize who EeveeTrainer is/was. Anyway, haha.
Old 07-30-2007, 09:24 PM   #743
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Y'know, he still never came on AIM and admitted to me that it was him (the second time, in October 2006). He just IM'ed me out of the blue and was all like "What's up?" I still don't know what to make of it, since we never definitively pinned it on him (did we?), but Kuno's suspicions seem well-founded given this bit of disappointing news from Smogon.

I mean, he was a really nice kid. He reminded me (back in 2000) of Big Bad Birtha and Doppelganger and VGM Hiero, a lot. Like ... roll those kids all up into one package (insofar as they are similar to one another) and then give them the desire of being the best kid in all of America at Pokemon RBY. Ian was ... a really good kid. I dunno what's happened to him since, but all this talk of hacking SPPf, UPN, and now trading hacked Pokemon on Smogon is really getting me concerned about him.

I feel really bad for him, even to this day ... because back in 2000, when he told us all that he was going to enter the tournament and win, we all laughed at him -- he was renowned for being Jaxel's stalker, for having the name "EeveeTrainer", and for little else. And then he did it -- he actually did it, he won the Pacific regionals and posted on UPN 3 or 4 (it was around the time of the switch to 4), "Hey guys! I won! I did it! I'm going to compete in the Nationals!" And nobody believed him. I sort of believed him, but I'd be lying if I said I believed him 100% -- I didn't know what to make of it. "If he's lying," I said to myself, "he's a really lonely kid. But at the same time ... Ian? Our Ian? I just can't see him winning the US Nationals. I just can't!" And sure enough, he went and did it and got his name published on http://www.pokemon.com for all of us to see. For all of us to eat our words.

Maybe that's why he hates UPN so much. Because nobody believed him until it was too late ... nobody loved the real Ian and only the US Champion. *siiiiiiiiiiigh* Maybe I'm over-dramatizing it and he's a troubled kid for other reasons, but ........ I can't help but feel a pang of guilt when I think that he may really be behind the hack jobs at UPN and SPPf. Me, Leto, Kojiro, Lindsay, Roger, halloweenjack, KtM, Midevil Mewtwo, Jaxel, Iyse, Pikachu624, TK & Happy Ness, PiccoloNamek ..... everyone. Everyone at UPN 3/4. Because ... not one person believed him until http://www.pokemon.com updated their front page. No more than any one of us here (and you know it, in your heart of hearts!) would believe it if BBB or VGM Hiero walked in here tonight and said, "Guys ... I'm going to win this. I'm going to win the Smogon 2007 D/P Tournament" or some equally-difficult challenge. We were all ... far, far too arrogant. Some of us ... are still far, far too arrogant.
Old 07-31-2007, 04:11 AM   #744
Sylar
Cascade Badge

Erm...yeah. >>; It's only natural not to believe somebody anyway. If they have no proof, then that only furthers the disbelief. Everybody does it, not anyone's fault.

Anywho, yey battling Cynthia. xD Die Spiritomb! :14

Edit: w00t, finally finished. :P Details! :O

HoF#1 // 31:29
Dialga, Lv. 49
Staraptor, Lv. 45
Luxray, Lv. 46
Bronzong, Lv. 48
Empoleon, Lv. 46
Azelf, Lv. 50

Yes, I managed to beat the l33t 4 with all my Pokemon at 50 or under. xD Went in with 99 Hyper Potions, came out with...*checks*...holy shit, 23! o.o; That's 66 Hyper Potions used in 1 E4 challenge. xD I think I used about 30 revives too.

Gah, only one Pokemon left for my Sinnohdex...Unown. God. Damnit. xD Could've swore I'd seen one somewhere. 0o
Old 07-31-2007, 03:24 PM   #745
Loki

Two legends? An Uber? All L50 and under? Someone was lazy.
Old 07-31-2007, 03:52 PM   #746
Sylar
Cascade Badge

Indeed.

Actually, I just wanted to finish quickly so I could Pal Park stuff over in time for the UPN Tournament.

So really, I was being sensible. :P Actually, Sensible's not the word.

And I can't think right now. So meh. xd
Old 07-31-2007, 04:44 PM   #747
Sasuke
Pokemon Trainer

Send a message via MSN to Sasuke

Can someone tell me where the Upgrade is in DP pls? =x
Sasuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 05:28 PM   #748
Sylar
Cascade Badge

Serebii says you have to talk to Prof Oak in Eterna after he's left Pal Park. :O
Old 07-31-2007, 05:46 PM   #749
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Indeed. Oak gives you the Upgrade, and (iirc) you find the Dubious Disc during your adventures on the island to the northeast. The fake wanna-be Battle Frontier which falls grossly short of the mark.
Old 07-31-2007, 05:58 PM   #750
Blastoise
We deny our creators.

Quote:
The fake wanna-be Battle Frontier which falls grossly short of the mark.
Holy shit yes

Would a friggin Battle Factory mk. 2 been too much to ask?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON