I psoted before you =p so *pokes joe to hisd post* mwhahahahaha
Um, no?
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 07:49 PM   #702
quilava plush
Boulder Badge

Send a message via AIM to quilava plush Send a message via MSN to quilava plush
Re: Pokemon diamond and pearl.

Am I the only one who's fetching no more than three results per search on GTS?

Seriously, there's got to be more Buizels than that.
Old 07-25-2007, 08:41 PM   #703
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
Originally Posted by quilava plush

Searches for unpopular Pokemon usually yield a result of 0-3 bids, all of them outrageously unfair (e.g. "Level 1 Chatot for a Level 100 Palkia"). This is because there aren't many people, for a given UU Poke, who think to offer up a deal this bad. And people who offer the good deals -- well, their deals go through lickety-split.

Searches for popular Pokemon, on the other hand, almost always result in over 7 hits (with the first seven being shown to you). This is because hackers, cloners, and regular joes all think to offer up valuable Pokemon (like legendaries) in exchange for other valuable Pokemon. It makes sense. So you'll never find shortages of these deals, although (again) you tend to find the most unfair deals being the ones that persist.

If you need a UU Pokemon like Buizel for Dex completion, my advice is to do the following. I have been doing it for some time now to great effect:
1 - find a Pokemon that is Seen in the National Dex by players who complete story mode but may not necessarily be owned by them; if possible, select one that you do not think is very popular but is pak-specific (e.g. Hypno)
2 - offer that Pokemon up for trade
3 - request the Pokemon you want to get

By being the Deal Offerer (rather then Deal Searcher), you allow yourself to sign off the GTS and spend your summer vacation sipping pina coladas and reading Harry Potter instead of having to hound the GTS every 10 minutes in the hope of spotting a fair deal. You place that burden (as is your right to do) on the other player, and he'll be all the more grateful when he sees that you are offering your UU (e.g. Hypno) not for a Level 100, not for a one-time legendary, but for a Level Any Gender Any UU Pokemon of your own (e.g. Exeggcute).

I've pretty much acquired every single Seen Pokemon in my Dex by doing this, and so the only Pokemon I have left to get are ones who I haven't even seen yet (e.g. Ekans, Tangela, legendary birds ...). I am currently using my trick to achieve a different goal: I'm rotating offers of Magby and Elekid in exchange for Dittos and GSC starters in exchange for Togepis, hoping to ...
a) get Adamant, Modest, Jolly, and Timid Dittos this way while at the same time trying to catch them myself in-game, and
b) to get a (cloned) XD Togepi from some kind soul
Old 07-26-2007, 04:02 AM   #704
Muyotwo
Dominator of Bike Levels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylar
Edit2: Roffle, apparently, my Ursaring has perfect IVs across the board, except for Speed which is 27-29. xd
EVs. Use De-EV berries to check what its stats actually are.
Old 07-26-2007, 04:13 AM   #705
Sylar
Cascade Badge

Send a message via AIM to Sylar Send a message via MSN to Sylar

Yeah, that's probably a good point. xd Meh, still. :P Probably be kinda hard since I don't plant berries, and the berry glitch has basically killed the rest of them. xd
Old 07-26-2007, 04:22 AM   #706
Muyotwo
Dominator of Bike Levels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylar
Yeah, that's probably a good point. xd Meh, still. :P Probably be kinda hard since I don't plant berries, and the berry glitch has basically killed the rest of them. xd
If you like we can get on Wi-Fi sometime and I can De-ev them for you.
Old 07-26-2007, 10:27 AM   #707
quilava plush
Boulder Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xuande
Quote:
Originally Posted by quilava plush

Searches for unpopular Pokemon usually yield a result of 0-3 bids, all of them outrageously unfair (e.g. "Level 1 Chatot for a Level 100 Palkia"). This is because there aren't many people, for a given UU Poke, who think to offer up a deal this bad. And people who offer the good deals -- well, their deals go through lickety-split.
The thing is every single search I did, whether it was for a sea weasel, starter, Eevee, or whatever, yeilded no more than three results per search, even for dirt-common stuff like Wingull and Buizel which I always got 7 results for. (I was looking for a Japanese Wingull for the Japanese dex entry and any rare shiny Buizels, otherwise I could just go out and catch one myself.) I figured this out because when I narrowed down the searches, different offers popped up, and other searches showed that the original offers still remained. =\

I do agree that offering > searching, as that's what I've done myself, but sometimes a search can take less time than "fishing" for something specific I want (it took offering three Quilavas before I finally got the Japanese one I wanted) and occasionally yeilds rather nice bonuses if you seize the offer quickly (hence how I got my Petaya Berry as well as a few Masterballs).

On the bright side, I did manage to snag a Lv.100 Drifblim (Modest w/ Unburden, albeit with a crappy moveset and I don't know what EVs or IVs it has) for a Lv.01 Larvitar over GTS last night, someone on LJ traded me a legit Manaphy (as in "Pokemon Ranger/Fateful Encounter") with a neutral nature in exchange for my spare Sky Plate, and I got some other cool crap via [Pokewifi], so I can't complain about yesterday's Wifi-ing too much. :P
Old 07-26-2007, 06:32 PM   #708
Blastoise
We deny our creators.

Every time you make a trade on the GTS you can see up to two extra Pokemon (this deterioriates though, so you have to GTS trade sorta often to consistently search for the max number of Pokes). Having a Poke on offer lets you search for an extra two as well.
Old 07-26-2007, 10:02 PM   #709
quilava plush
Boulder Badge

Oh holy damn.

I did a Lv100 IV-checking battle and among them, got the IVs for my shiny male Adamant Starly (one of five shiny Starlies I got from an epic Pokeradar chain back in May). It was untouched since its capture (no EVs, still Lv03) and I entered the Lv100 stats into MetalKid's calculator, including the nature and personality ("Alert to sounds").

Starly - #396 (Adamant)
HP: 4
Att: 29
Def: 12
SpA: 0
SpD: 25
Speed: 31

Adamant #396 Starly: 4 / 29 / 12 / 0 / 25 / 31

HP and defense could be better, but the attack and speed are right on the money. I'll definitely use this guy for teams (though I still have a shiny Adamant female to punch into the calculator) and I'll probably breed him in hopes of passing on the spd and atk IVs and getting an uberstarly with better defenses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blastoise
Every time you make a trade on the GTS you can see up to two extra Pokemon (this deterioriates though, so you have to GTS trade sorta often to consistently search for the max number of Pokes). Having a Poke on offer lets you search for an extra two as well.
Ah, got it. I'll keep that in mind in the future.
Old 07-27-2007, 04:47 AM   #710
Sylar
Cascade Badge

On the 27th day, Joe ventured out into the world of shopping...

...and he purchased the one known as "Diamond".

And God said it was good.

:P *fl33s to pwn a Starly with rival*

Edit: One hour and twenty minutes later, with EVs kept track of, and I have accurate IVs, woo. xD

Piplup - #393 (Quiet)
HP: 27
Att: 0 - 7
Def: 24 - 27
SpA: 1 - 2
SpD: 2 - 4
Speed: 20 - 27

At least 3 of them are good. xd
Old 07-27-2007, 08:26 AM   #711
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Hahaha, wow, that sucks (that both of the attack stats are so low). Usually it's nice to have at least one or the other in the mid-20s. Game Freak really ought to auto-program that in to future generations: make it so that everybody's starter has stats that are no lower (in any stat) than IV of 10.
Old 07-27-2007, 08:56 AM   #712
Sylar
Cascade Badge

I'm just glad it's Defense and HP are good. xd As long as it lasts long enough to get a good few attacks in, I don't care. :P

Also, Talon, I'm going to take your advice and get a Pick-Upper early in the game. :O So I'd appreciate it if somebody could trade me a Zigzagoon/Other Pick-Uppee egg, please? =3 *shot* xd

Roark needs to be tougher. My Piplup's pwning his entire team, even after getting damage from Stealth Rock as I switch in Starly for exp. xD
Old 07-27-2007, 09:28 AM   #713
Loki
The Path of Now & Forever

Parishchu (sp?) is the earliest pick-up in the game.
Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 09:40 AM   #714
Sylar
Cascade Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoalaDevourer
Parishchu (sp?) is the earliest pick-up in the game.
Yeah I know, but I REALLY don't want one on my team. xD Already have a Luxio, too. At least with something like Zigzagoon/...anything else that evolves and keeps Pickup, it'd be actually useful on my team.

Also, "Parish"chu. xD

Edit: Oh joy, turns out my WiFi isn't working anyway. ><; *cocks about with it* xd

Edit2: Ha, Joe the Conquerer! xD woo for Wifi. >>;
Old 07-27-2007, 10:07 AM   #715
Loki
The Path of Now & Forever

Aipom has Pick-Up too, but he's only on honey trees iirc. >>;;

Honey trees suck.
Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 10:11 AM   #716
Sylar
Cascade Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoalaDevourer
Aipom has Pick-Up too, but he's only on honey trees iirc. >>;;

Honey trees suck.
Indeed, that's why I'm trying to avoid Aipom too. xD

Roffle, I just offered a Zubat up on the GTS for a Turtwig. Sooo fun. Also searched for Cranidos and the offers were weird. Only good one was a Lv. 1 Cranidos for a Lv. 9 and under Yanma.
Old 07-27-2007, 10:19 AM   #717
Talon87
時の彼方へ

You mentioned wanting something useful on your team. 50% of Munchlax come with Pick Up as their ability, and I know how fond you are of Snorlaxes. You could raise a good Munchlax and (intentionally) keep him from evolving until you get your hands on a Zigzagoon.

If WiFi works for you, give us your friend code and we can give you Zigzagoons and such. A, you get the monster. B, you get the Trainer ID which ups your lottery chances by +1. And since the lottery prize for having the last two numbers as a match (a.k.a. collecting creatures whose trainer IDs end from 00 to 99) is a PP Up, it's worth it, imo.
Old 07-27-2007, 10:26 AM   #718
Sylar
Cascade Badge

Quote:
You mentioned wanting something useful on your team. 50% of Munchlax come with Pick Up as their ability, and I know how fond you are of Snorlaxes. You could raise a good Munchlax and (intentionally) keep him from evolving until you get your hands on a Zigzagoon.
I was considering that too until I realised I'd be too tempted to evolve him. :P But yeah, probably would be quite useful to have a Munchie.
Quote:
If WiFi works for you, give us your friend code and we can give you Zigzagoons and such. A, you get the monster. B, you get the Trainer ID which ups your lottery chances by +1. And since the lottery prize for having the last two numbers as a match (a.k.a. collecting creatures whose trainer IDs end from 00 to 99) is a PP Up, it's worth it, imo.
Yeah, I've got Wifi working now. And for a minute there I confused myself. For some reason, I thought Trainer IDs had never increased chances of winning the lottery. xd
Old 07-27-2007, 11:04 AM   #719
Sasuke
Pokemon Trainer

Send a message via MSN to Sasuke

Well I bought Pearl today, after managing to resist importing from the US. I also chose Piplup, and now have a Lv18 Prinplup and a Lv13 Abra (tossed a Pokeball half-heartedly at one that popped up, not expecting to catch it before it Teleported)

So far I havnt encountered anything else I'd like to have that I didnt already train on my Japanese Diamond

Have 1 Gym Badge and am on my way to the next town
Sasuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 11:19 AM   #720

fucking impossible to get munchlax off honey trees. its like searching for little kids in michael jacksons house. you think you know they're there, but you can't find shit.
Old 07-27-2007, 12:09 PM   #721
Talon87
時の彼方へ

I was suggesting he get his Munchlax the same way I got my ã—ゅん : by using the GTS, since Munchlax is seen by the trainer (iirc) by the time he gets his second gym badge. ã—ゅん was actually a really nice gift from some Japanese dude (probably a cloner): he was Level 40 and had Psychic in his moveset. O_o

Joe, tell us (read: me :P) when you're going to be on. I'll go get the Zigzagoon ready right now.
Old 07-27-2007, 12:24 PM   #722
Sylar
Cascade Badge

I'm online right now. :O *waves*

Also, I think I'm getting close to that double battle with the rival, yeah. I remember it being somewhere near where I am on the ROM.
Old 07-27-2007, 12:53 PM   #723
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Okay, I'm coming online in about 10 minutes (from this post), gotta finish some stuff up first. I will have my speaker and mic on. If you don't want mic on, disable it. If you don't want any sound, turn off your speakers.
Old 07-27-2007, 12:58 PM   #724
Sylar
Cascade Badge

Kay, hopefully my battle with this Pachirisu will be done by then. It's charmed me about 60 times, and I've defensed curled so many times that we're both only hitting for 1 damage per turn. xD

Also, forgot, what am I giving you in return?
Old 07-27-2007, 01:10 PM   #725
Talon87
時の彼方へ

I'll be on in 2 mintues, I'm halfway through Pal Parking.

I'll be offering you ...

- male Zigzagoon (Lvl 27)
- female Zigzagoon (Lvl 25)
- Treecko
- Ditto

You're free to take as much as you want, in exchange for Crapmon.

Edit: In I go ...

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON