UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > Secret Bases

Old 01-12-2020, 10:07 PM   #26
Zorchic
Rainbow Badge

“Smart, Willa, very smart,” Jake said. “Seems like I underestimated your Gyarados’s speed.” He turned his attention to Lucario. “You all right, bud?”

Lucario got up, shaking his head from the Hydro Pump hit. FOOM! it had went. Ack! Lucario had gotten water in his ears, and shook his head to get it out.
Yeah, I’m fine, he managed. Special Attack should be the lesser of Gyarados’s offensive stats.

Jake checked his Pokédex. “It is,” he reported. “Compared to Gyarados’s 125 base Attack stat, its base Special Attack stat is only 60. So you shouldn’t have taken too much damage, Lucario. Oh, oops—Fighting actually does not resist Ice.”

Remind me never to aim for a Gyarados’s mouth again, Lucario muttered, getting the last of the water out of his ears.

“C’mon, Lucario,” Jake encouraged. “Get a Nasty Plot in there. Follow up with a Dark Pulse this time!”

It never hurt to rack up more stat boosts—this time two Special Attack boosts. They, combined with the previous Work Up boosts, would make a move like Dark Pulse hit incredibly hard.
Lucario became surrounded with a deep dark purple aura, boosting his Special Attack sharply. He then fired a beam of Dark energy at Gyarados. The Dark Pulse swelled to an enormous size. The chance that Gyarados could break through the attack was slim, according to what Jake thought. Besides, that flinch chance was also useful.
Zorchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 10:49 PM   #27
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

(Just letting you know, a Pokémon's base stats generally don't mean much in FB.)

Lucario got back up, hit hard and definitely shaken, but far from out. And Willa was just fine with this- she was up against a tough opponent, for sure, and that was making this battle all the more enjoyable. "You're seeing our training pay off in a big way," Willa responded. "Your Lucario's doing pretty well itself."

"Dat didn't look fun fer Lucario," Meowth purred. "I ain't wanna get on da business end o' dat Hydro Pump. I hate water, especially wet water."

"Yeah, that was awesome," Keith grinned. "That Ice Fang did the job nicely, that was a good combination. Won't work twice, though, I'll bet- the surprise factor had a big role in this."

Jake was, indeed, not relying on Extreme Speed this time, instead going for Nasty Plot and from there right into a Dark Pulse. As Lucario started with Nasty Plot, Willa had to think fast- a Dark Pulse that powerful would be difficult, if not impossible, to repel. They could try to trap Lucario with Whirlpool or Twister, but with that much boosting under its belt, Dark Pulse could rip right through it. No, evasive action was needed. And this got Willa thinking about training with Gyarados, back when he was a Magikarp, training focused on perhaps the one and only thing Magikarp as a species excelled at; jumping. As a Magikarp, he could get some seriously impressive height, something that they had demonstrated earlier in the battle. Except this time, they had better ways to capitalize on that momentum.

"Gyarados! Splash!" Willa commanded. Gyarados moved fast, slapping his long tail against the surface of the water. A bit different from how he'd move as a Magikarp, but as they all saw right now, he still had it; Gyarados was achieving great height. Whether it was enough to evade the Dark Pulse was anyone's guess, but Willa wasn't about to just leave it there either way. "Now use Dragon Rage!" she called out. And Gyarados, still in midair, charged up great quantities of Dragon energy in his huge mouth, prepared to unleash it at Lucario at a moment's notice.
Old 01-13-2020, 04:15 PM   #28
Zorchic
Rainbow Badge

(Oh, okay. That was something I wasn't quite sure about.)

Jake nodded. "Your Gyarados is definitely strong. It'd be an absolute monster if it wasn't under your ownership," he replied. "Lucario and I are gonna give you all we've got!"

Jake watched as Gyarados leaped up in the air with Splash to avoid the Dark Pulse. The huge Pokémon then prepared a Dragon Rage in midair and launched the attack at Lucario.

It would take more than a dodge to get away from Lucario's attacks. "Lucario, Dark Pulse again!" Jake shouted.

Lucario fired another boosted Dark-type beam, this time aiming it higher, at Gyarados and the Dragon Rage. Bam! The two attacks fizzled and smoked as they met. The Dark Pulse packed a tremendous amount of power, Jake was sure of that. Now everyone would have to see which attack would break through.
Old 01-13-2020, 05:20 PM   #29
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Willa nodded back. "I'd be disappointed with anything less!" she declared. And then, Dragon Rage and Dark Pulse were unleashed, two powerful attacks clashing against each other. "Gyarados, maximum power!" Willa called out, but even as she did, Dark Pulse kept steadily pushing back the Dragon move. Gyarados gave an uncertain growl as he kept up the Dragon Rage, and Willa had a decision to make. "...Stop the attack and spin!" she called out. And roaring in relief, Gyarados did just that, cutting short the Dragon Rage that was doing absolutely nothing against the Dark Pulse, and instead beginning to spin, to make his inevitable descent a spiral, just as he'd done as a Magikarp. Except now, of course, he was pretty much a snarling, serpentine missile, spiraling around the Dark Pulse as he fell towards Lucario. "Use Brine right now!" Willa called as Gyarados drew closer. Ideally this would be too fast for Lucario to actually be able to change up its own tactics, but only time would tell.
Old 01-13-2020, 08:25 PM   #30
Zorchic
Rainbow Badge

Jake was definitely making headway with Lucario's Dark Pulse. Willa must have realized this and had Gyarados change tactics, spiraling down away from the Dark Pulse and unleashing a Brine.

That's too fast for Lucario to dodge, and he can't exactly counterattack! Jake realized. He gritted his teeth and watched the Brine explode as it hit Lucario.

To everyone's surprise, the smoke cleared, and Lucario was holding back Gyarados with a...Force Palm. Amazingly, Lucario was taking only minimal damage due to the Brine being concentrated on his palm, and repelled every bit of the Water attack with his Force Palm. Eventually, the entire Brine attack was deflected, and Lucario was met by Gyarados itself.
BOOM! More smoke flared up as a giant explosion ensued. Would Lucario's Force Palm be enough to hold Gyarados back, or would Gyarados's improvised spiral attack win through?
Old 01-13-2020, 08:45 PM   #31
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Keith, Meowth, and Pisces cheered loudly as the Brine seemed to make contact, and Willa smiled proudly at Gyarados.. But, as the smoke cleared, they could all see that Lucario had in fact repelled the Water move with Force Palm, and seemed to be trying to do likewise to Gyarados itself. It was gonna be another head-on clash, but this time, Willa's confidence was much more founded. "Tackle attack!" she commanded as Gyarados closed in on Lucario. And while Lucario was making a solid effort, this time it was only the Work Up boost backing this Fighting-type move up against the oncoming Flying-type, who, with his considerable size and weight, was bearing down on Lucario with a gravity-fed Tackle attack.

It said something about Lucario's ability that it could even hold Gyarados back at all, but indeed, it only held him back for a few seconds before being thrown backwards by the ensuing explosion. Gyarados was thrown backwards as well, but not quite as far. It was a this point Willa turned her intense gaze over to her boyfriend, fixing him with a look that said only too plainly what she wanted to do next. Keith and Meowth exchanged looks and nods, and then Keith stood up, running over to Willa while withdrawing Pisces back into her Dive Ball.

"Gyarados, get ready!" Willa declared, whipping her right hand out of her bag, revealing an ice-blue diamond-shaped crystal in her grip, which she promptly set into her Z-Power Ring. And as if on cue, Keith and Meowth arrived at her side. Keith and Willa exchanged looks, grins, and nods, then turned to the battlefield, whereupon the two of them plus Meowth all crossed their arms before them- the starting pose of any Z-Move movement.

"Prepare for trouble!" Willa stated.

"Make it double!" Keith added.

"Meowth, dat's right!" Meowth chimed in.

Following this, the three of them made the basic movements that started off any set of Z-Move poses- moving their arms up, out, down, then crossing them again, this time with them held out before them, left wrist over right. Gyarados, though still focused on the battle, gave an approving roar, knowing what was about to happen.

"Feel the chill!" Willa stated as she moved her hands to start the Icium Z pose.

"As we aim for the top!" Keith added, copying these movements as Willa was making them.

"As we stop at nuttin' ta reach..." Meowth chimed in, imitating these moves with his front paws.

"...the coldest, highest pinnacle!" the three of them exclaimed simultaneously as they finished the movements. Z-Power flowed, not just from Willa, but from all three of them, into Gyarados. The Water/Flying-type gave an earth-shaking roar as he felt his Ice Fang get powered up far beyond usual, into a powerful, decisive blow that Lucario was gonna find very difficult to counter.

Willa grinned. "Gyarados, are you ready!" she called out. When she heard an affirmative roar in response, her grin widened. "Then we'll use..."

"Sub... zero... Slammer!!!" the trio exclaimed at once.

Quote:

Gyarados surrounded itself with its Z-Power!

Gyarados unleashes its full-force Z-Move!

Old 01-13-2020, 09:27 PM   #32
Zorchic
Rainbow Badge

()

Jake could feel the strain behind Lucario's attacks. He wouldn't be able to hold on much longer after he got pushed back by that Tackle, with so much force behind it.

And to top it off, Keith and Meowth joined Willa in an epic Z-Move pose: Subzero Slammer!

As Gyarados prepared to launch the move, Jake shouted to Lucario, "Alright, Lucario, can you hold on? Summon all your strength with an Endure! Let's do this!"

The Subzero Slammer exploded upon Lucario, causing the biggest explosion of all. As expected, Lucario was still standing at the end of it, but only barely. Jake was going to use that to his advantage.

"We've been preparing for this, Lucario," Jake said. "Ready?" There was a gleam in his eyes.

Ready, replied Lucario. The same gleam appeared in his eyes.

"Now...use Laser Mind Focus!" yelled the young Aura Guardian at the top of his lungs.

Lucario's eyes glowed even brighter. The light that they radiated flashed a brilliant, pure white, releasing sparkles that flew around and into Gyarados. The move that Lucario had just used was a combination of Laser Focus, a move that guarantees a critical hit, and Mind Reader, a move that guarantees that the Aura Pokémon's attack would land in the first place. This would not fail now!

"And now for the final blow...Reversal, let's gooo!!!" shouted Jake. Reversal was incredibly powerful if Lucario only had a little bit of HP left.

"Yaaaahh!!" Lucario let out a huge roar that was actually audible. And wow, it was loud. With speed that nobody could have imagined was possible, Lucario ran off his platform and leaped into the air, moving so fast one could have mistaken him for a Ninjask. It was a speed previously unimaginable for a Lucario. Yet, he had accomplished it. He came down on the Atrocious Pokémon with a flying rainbow roundhouse kick.

(A rainbow roundhouse kick is a term I made up, where the user makes a vertical rainbow-like arc in the air with their leg, doing a front-flip in the process. They then bring down their foot on the opponent.)
Old 01-13-2020, 09:46 PM   #33
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Subzero Slammer hit its mark, and spectacularly so. There was no dodging. There was no protecting. But Jake was able to capitalize on one thing a Z-Move couldn't really get around- Endure. The attack hit at full power, but Lucario was able to hang on with one singular hit point. And that was exactly what Jake was after. The Aura Guardian put his plan into motion, first ordering a technique that combined Laser Focus and Mind Reader into one- a guaranteed hit and a guaranteed crit. And following that up, the Reversal attack.

But Willa knew Gyarados had been pushed to his limits by this battle as well, and they too had a move that capitalized on such situations. "Use Flail!" she commanded. Gyarados began to flail about as Lucario closed in. Willa, Keith, and Meowth all looked on, holding their breath as Lucario drew nearer. This battle could go either way now, it was all coming down to this...

(Leaving it up to you who wins. This has been really enjoyable! )
Old 01-14-2020, 04:31 PM   #34
Zorchic
Rainbow Badge

Gyarados used Flail as Lucario came down on it with Reversal. The two attacks collided with great force, causing the most spectacular explosion of all.

After a while, it was revealed that Lucario was knocked out first. No big surprise, Jake thought resignedly. But wait...
Then, Gyarados collapsed as well. The Reversal had been too much for it.

The Sunyshore Hover Bot gave the final referee call: Lucario and Gyarados are both unable to battle. The battle is a draw! The robot held up both flags on its flanks.

Upon seeing Gyarados knocked out, Jake jumped up in celebration. "We did it, Lucario!" he shouted with glee. He didn't care that his own Pokémon had been declared unable to battle as well. All that mattered was that Lucario had held his own against a Pokémon that resisted both of his types.

Lucario got up from his platform and gave a weak smile. Yes, we did. It was truly a magnificent battle!

With a cheesy grin planted on his face, Jake congratulated Willa. "You battled very well!" he admitted. "Your skill is definitely like that of an Ace Trainer! Great battle!"

(Yeah, I really enjoyed this battle as well. I hope you can stick around, because I'm planning another plot here in the CTP. )
Old 01-14-2020, 05:32 PM   #35
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

(I certainly can!)

The two desperation moves collided, creating an epic blast, throwing up more dust than a Hippopotas with the stomach flu. And when the dust settled... Lucario was down! But before the referee could make the call, Gyarados fainted as well, and thus the battle was a tie.

In stark contrast to Jade's enthusiastic celebration, Willa merely gave a proud smile as Gyarados feebly stirred. "You fought very well, my friend," she said softly. At this, Gyarados rose back up, roaring loudly as he looked down at Willa. Then, he lowered his head towards her... and nuzzled her affectionately. Meowth had tensed up at this, and Keith couldn't deny he had been a bit wary, but Willa hadn't been afraid. She gave a nod in response to Jake's compliments. "I thank you," she replied. "You and Lucario were a formidable pair to go up against."

"Yeah, that was awesome to watch," Keith grinned.

Willa turned to Keith, giving a very warm smile. "I appreciate you and Meowth jumping in when we went for the Z-Move," she added.

"Yeah, we could tell what was coming, there," Keith nodded, smiling back. He and Willa then exchanged a quick kiss, before turning back to Jake. "Yeah, you and Lucario were awesome, too," Keith added to the young Aura Guardian. "Willa wasn't holding anything back there, either, so even just managing a tie is impressive."

"Had a feelin' Magikarp was gonna evolve soon, too," Meowth observed, looking over at Gyarados.

At that point, one of Willa's Ultra Balls opened of its own accord, and a Phantump, yawning cutely, emerged. "...hm? Where are we?" the Stump Pokémon murmured, sounding quite like a small child.

"Oh, you're awake," Willa said softly, picking up Phantump. "Phantump, we're at the Campus of the Tech and Psychic- this is Jake, he lives here."

"H-hi, Jake," Phantump squeaked shyly, waving at Jake. Then, something else caught Phantump's attention. "Wh-whoa!" he breathed, looking at Gyarados. "W-Willa, did Magikarp...?"

Willa smiled. "He did indeed," she confirmed. Gyarados chimed in with a happy roar, which got Phantump giggling.
Old 01-14-2020, 06:13 PM   #36
Zorchic
Rainbow Badge

In response to Jake's congratulation, Willa smiled and complimented Jake and Lucario for holding up so well in the battle. Keith and Meowth chimed in, too, congratulating Jake on his battling and telling how they had felt a Z-Move coming. The Scratch Cat Pokémon remarked that it seemed like Magikarp had been on the verge of evolving.

Then, a Phantump popped out of another of Willa's Ultra Balls. He yawned as if he had just woken up, and said a timid hello to Jake. The Phantump appeared to be surprised at Gyarados' recent evolution. Gyarados roared happily, adding to the conversation.

Jake gave a warm smile. "Well, hello there, Phantump! Welcome to the Campus of the Tech and Psychic! CTP for short."

Lucario waved, getting back on dry land.

Suddenly, Jake felt a twitching on his left. Buizel was curled up beside him, apparently looking very comfortable. He hadn't said a word throughout the entire battle.
Finally, Buizel got to his feet and waved at Phantump also.

Jake chuckled and got out his Pokédex, scanning Phantump.

Phantump, the Stump Pokémon. A Ghost- and Grass-type. After a lost child perished in the forest, their spirit possessed a tree stump, causing the spirit's rebirth as this Pokémon.

"Interesting..." Jake murmured.

Meanwhile, the robot referee quietly slipped back into its hidden compartment.

"Now, that was fun!" continued the Trainer. "Anyway, what do you guys want to do now?" He gestured toward the exit.
Old 01-14-2020, 06:43 PM   #37
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

As Jake's Pokédex read off teh entry for Phantump, Keith nodded, knowing good and well how true that entry was. He said nothing, however, not until Jake turned back to his guests, asking what they wanted to do next.

At this, Willa walked over. Phantump was still in her arms, and she had just withdrawn Gyarados back into his Ultra Ball for some well-deserved rest. "I recall seeing something about a Pokémon diorama museum on the directory," she said.

"Ooh, yeah, I saw that too," Keith nodded. "You're thinking that should be next?"

"If you're in agreement," Willa responded.

"Can we? Can we?" Phantump pleaded with Keith.

Keith couldn't help but chuckle. "How can I say no to you two?" he smiled. "The Pokémon Diorama Museum it is, then," he said to Jake.
Old 01-15-2020, 04:40 PM   #38
Zorchic
Rainbow Badge

Jake clapped his hands at the group's choice, the Pokémon Diorama Museum. "Good choice!" he said. "Follow me."

Jake led everyone out of the Palossand Stadium
and onto the neatly mowed grass of the property. After walking a bit, everyone came to the entrance of the Pokémon Diorama Museum, a large, neat building. It resembled a university or academy of some sorts, and that was because it once was one. The letters "PDM" were painted on the front of the building in large, bold print.

"Welcome to the Pokémon Diorama Museum!" said Jake. "Come, let's go inside."

Inside, everyone was immediately thrown into one of the museum's sections. A sign "Kanto" was hanging from the ceiling. Glass cases, the exhibits, were all along the walls, like zoo exhibits, only there weren't any living Pokémon in them. Jake went to the closest exhibit, which was labeled "#001-003".

"And this is an exhibit!" announced Jake. He spread his hand, over the glass, which inside held a model habitat. The diorama had life-size models of Bulbasaur, Ivysaur, Venusaur, and Mega Venusaur. Each Pokémon's Pokédex entry was on plaques on slanted tables in front of the diorama.

Bulbasaur, the Seed Pokémon. A Grass- and Poison-type. There is a plant seed on its back right from the day this Pokémon is born. The seed slowly grows larger.

Ivysaur, the Seed Pokémon. A Grass- and Poison-type. When the bulb on its back grows large, it appears to lose the ability to stand on its hind legs.

Venusaur, the Seed Pokémon. A Grass- and Poison-type. Its plant blooms when it is absorbing solar energy. It stays on the move to seek sunlight.

Mega Venusaur, the Seed Pokémon. A Grass- and Poison-type. In order to support its flower, which has grown larger due to Mega Evolution, its back and legs have become stronger.

Wow! said Lucario.

"Bui...zel," said Buizel, staring in awe despite being in here many times. This place was just always wow-worthy!

"This is just one of the many exhibits we have here in the PDM! Spectacular, isn't it?" remarked Jake.
Old 01-15-2020, 09:43 PM   #39
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Keith and Willa, along with Meowth and Phantump, followed Jake, out of the stadium and out in the open. They continued onward until they came to a large, neat-looking building. Jake led the way inside, where he showed them one of the exhibits- a diorama featuring life-size models of the Bulbasaur evolution line, complete with Mega Venusaur. "Whoa," Keith and Willa breathed simultaneously.

"Ooh, wow, that Venusaur looks just like Dennis!" Phantump smiled, pointing at the Venusaur. "And that..." he added, looking over at the largest and most imposing-looking figure.

"Yeah- that's Mega Venusaur," Keith grinned. "That's what Dennis will be able to turn into if ever I get ahold of a Venusaurite.

At Jake's question, Keith and Willa nodded. "Quite impressive," Willa stated.

"It's so cool!" Phantump beamed.

"Yeah, this is pretty awesome," Keith grinned.

"Not too shabby," Meowth purred.
Old 01-16-2020, 07:08 PM   #40
Zorchic
Rainbow Badge

Jake smiled proudly at the visitors' comments. They commented that the Venusaur looked like someone named Dennis, and agreed on the diorama's spectacularity.

"We sometimes deviate from the regular size so we can fit all the Pokémon in the diorama," Jake explained. "Some Pokémon, like Wailord, are too big to fit in an exhibit, so of course we have to shrink it. And some Pokémon are so small they simply won't look good in an exhibit, so we group them with other Pokémon that are somewhat related. I mean, a counterpart or something. The Venusaur diorama is one of the biggest exhibits we have because there's no size deviation, but that's because it's pretty old."

"By the way," Jake turned to Keith, "is Dennis a Venusaur of yours?"

Just then, Buizel tugged at Jake's pant leg. The Sea Weasel Pokémon pointed at Lucario, who had started to move on to the next exhibit. Lucario beckoned for the group to follow him. The next diorama was labeled "#004-006" and housed models of Charmander, Charmeleon and Charizard. (The Mega Charizards had their own diorama farther down the hall.)

(The Charizard model had taken a lot of time to make. It was hung from the ceiling, frozen in mid-flight, it seemed.)

"Hey everyone," said Jake, "you wanna go to the next exhibit? Better yet, where do you want to go? We have Pokémon of all regions except Galar. Galar's not finished yet, so it's not open right now."
Old 01-16-2020, 07:21 PM   #41
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Keith nodded at Jake's question. "I raised Dennis from an Egg," he stated. "He's pretty excitable and loves to battle, and he really wants to be able to Mega Evolve someday. Pomona, my Ivysaur, on the other hand, has no interest in Mega Evolving, or even evolving any further than Ivysaur. But I don't think I'd have her any other way," he smiled. "Probably the cutest Ivysaur in the world. And lately she's proven to be an excellent mother as well."

They soon came to the Charmander family diorama. "Hm," Willa observed. "I notice no Mega Charizard in here. I take it that's because there are two of them?" she asked.

Keith turned to Willa. "Are there?" he said in surprise.

"Of course," Willa replied, as though this was obvious fact. "There are two types of Charizardite- Charizardite X and Charizardite Y. Each one allows a Charizard to Mega Evolve into a different form of Mega Charizard. Mega Charizard Y retains the Fire and Flying typing, while Mega Charizard X becomes Fire and Dragon."

"Fire and Dragon! Cool, like Reshiram," Keith grinned.

Jake then asked where they wanted to go next. Keith and Willa looked at each other. "Hmm..." said Willa. "What do you think?"

"Um, um," Phantump murmured, causing both Keith and Willa to look down at him. "C-can we see the Phantump exhibit? I... I'd like to see what I could evolve into someday."

Keith and Willa exchanged looks again. "I like that idea," Willa said with a faint smile. "What do you say?"

"Absolutely," Keith grinned.
Old 01-16-2020, 08:05 PM   #42
Zorchic
Rainbow Badge

In response to Jake's question, Keith explained that Dennis was a Venusaur who wishes to Mega Evolve, that he had since the Seed Pokémon was an Egg. The Poison-type Trainer continued that he had an Ivysaur named Pomona who had no interest in evolving.

When asked where they wanted to go next, Willa's Phantump spoke up, wanting to see the exhibit for his species.

Why, of course! Lucario chimed in before Jake could reply. It's perfectly logical. Come on, Jake, let's go to Kalos! Um, not literally, of course, he quickly added.

"What do you say, Buizel?" inquired Jake. "You okay with that?"

Buizel shrugged, which Jake interpreted as a Whatever floats your boat.

"Alright, then!" said Jake. "Just down this hallway..." With his Pokémon close behind, Jake led everyone down another hallway off to the side. At the end of the little hallway, there was some kind of glass elevator, whose doors were already open.

Jake, Buizel, and Lucario stepped into the elevator.
"This is very advanced technology," commented Jake. "But no worries, it can accommodate no more than 10 people or people-sized Pokémon, so we should still all fit. Step in, everyone!" He waved.

Last edited by Zorchic; 01-16-2020 at 09:00 PM.
Old 01-16-2020, 09:29 PM   #43
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Lucario answered before Jake could, but Jake was in agreement in any case. With everything agreed upon, Jake led them to a glass elevator, with doors already open. He explained that it could accommodate up to ten people, or similarly-sized Pokémon. Jake, Keith, and Willa made three people, Lucario was about the right size to count, that made four... Willa was holding Phantump in her arms like a little kid, and Meowth was occupying his usual spot on Keith's shoulder, and Buizel really didn't take up a lot of room. Oh, they were good.

At Jake's word, Keith and Willa stepped in. Even though the elevator was far from crowded, the two still stood very close together, something they both looked quite pleased about. Meowth made a point of not looking at the couple at this point, while Phantump just smiled in anticipation.
Old 01-17-2020, 07:40 PM   #44
Zorchic
Rainbow Badge

After everyone got in, Jake looked around, before pressing a button to close the doors. "Ready!" he said. He pressed another button on the elevator that said "6K", which stood for "6th Floor Kalos".
"Initiate flash transport!" announced Jake.

The light on the ceiling gave off a bright flash like that of a camera. After the flash was gone, the elevator doors opened to a whole other collection of dioramas.

"That's right," Jake remarked, "flash transport really does happen in a flash! It's teleportation in clear and simple form...or is it teleportation in disguise? Eh, doesn't really matter." He shrugged as he led everyone out onto the floor devoted to holding dioramas of the Kalos-native Pokémon.
The most eye-catching dioramas on this floor were the first three dioramas. They were of the Chespin, Fennekin, and Froakie lines.

"Now," Jake said, "you wanted to see the Phantump diorama, right? Just this way..." He turned a corner, with his Pokémon close behind, and walked over to a diorama labeled "#708-709".

The diorama showed two figures: a smaller, ghostly figure that hung from the ceiling was one—Phantump. The other was a figure almost as tall as Jake—a tree-like Pokémon with one glowing red eye. The Pokédex plaques read:

Phantump, the Stump Pokémon. A Ghost- and Grass-type. After a lost child perished in the forest, their spirit possessed a tree stump, causing the spirit's rebirth as this Pokémon.

Trevenant, the Elder Tree Pokémon. A Ghost- and Grass-type. Small roots that extend from the tips of this Pokémon's feet can tie into the trees of the forest and give Trevenant control over them.

Jake turned to Willa's Phantump. "Impressed, little guy?" he asked, giving a confident smile.
"By the way," he added, "all floating Pokémon are hung from the ceiling by a few strings. Phantump technically floats, so we hung the Phantump model from the ceiling, although it is hung very low."
Old 01-17-2020, 08:06 PM   #45
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

The glass elevator turned out to be a teleporter of some sort, bringing them all to a different collection of dioramas. As they approached the right one, Phantump looked in eagerly, and wound up looking up at the formidable form of Trevenant. "O-oh," he murmured. "Trevenant looks... k-kinda scary," he murmured.

Willa's hold on Phantump became a comforting hug. "No," she said softly. "Trevenant are big and strong- they're protectors of the forest. Someday you'll be that big and strong as well," she said, a gentle smile on her face as Phantump looked at her.

"Yeah..." Phantump murmured. He seemed to be contemplating something for a few minutes, before his expression changed to a more determined one, and he turned to Jake. "Um, Mr. Jake?" he said. "C-can Willa and I battle you?"

"What?" Keith and Willa said simultaneously.

"Are you certain, Phantump?" Willa asked. "You've never battled before. I don't even know what moves you can use."

"W-well, we gotta start somewhere, right?" Phantump replied. "If I wanna be big and strong someday, right?"

Willa gave a chuckle at this, then turned to Jake. "Phantump seems sure of this, then," she said. "What do you say?"
Old 01-18-2020, 01:15 PM   #46
Zorchic
Rainbow Badge

Phantump seemed intimidated by Trevenant's big form, but Willa comforted him and the Stump Pokémon's expression changed. He turned to Jake with a battle request.

Jake turned to his Pokémon for a look of approval, and when they nodded, he nodded too at Willa and Phantump. "If that's what you wish, then who am I not to give it to you? Let's battle! Although not here, lest we break an exhibit," he said, looking around.

The Trainer turned back towards the elevator. "Okay, then," he added. "There's a battlefield in the basement floor, so we gotta go back to the elevator. All right?"
Old 01-18-2020, 07:20 PM   #47
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Phantump nodded in agreement as Jake requested they not battle right where they were, lest they damage any of the exhibits. "Naturally," agreed Willa. She nodded at Jake's suggestion. "Let's go, then," she said, already leading the way back to the elevator, Phantump in her arms, Keith following close behind.
Old 01-18-2020, 08:30 PM   #48
Zorchic
Rainbow Badge

Willa agreed and started walking back to the elevator, carrying Phantump, with the others close behind. Jake followed them, his Pokémon running after him.

Once everyone was settled in the elevator once again, Jake closed the doors and spoke the same voice command as before. Once again, the ceiling light flashed, instantly teleporting everyone to the battlefield on the lowest floor. Jake, Buizel and Lucario walked out of the elevator as the doors opened, the Trainer taking his place on the battlefield.

Jake turned to Willa and Phantump. "Come to think of it, how about we do a double battle? I'm sure Phantump would feel better knowing there's a Pokémon supporting him in battle." He glanced at his Pokémon, to see what they thought.
Lucario immediately agreed, whereas Buizel lazily leaned against Jake's side. He apparently was not in the mood to battle.

"My Pokémon, or at least one of them, says yes to that idea," Jake confirmed. "But Lucario will need healing. He's still winded after that intense battle with Gyarados." Jake quickly pulled out a bag of Pollen Puffs and gave it to the Aura Pokémon, who eagerly gobbled up two of the bite-size snacks.

With his mouth still full, Lucario offered the rest of the Pollen Puffs to Willa. Would you like some to give to Gyarados? he asked.

(True to one of its in-battle effects, the Pollen Puffs are just as a healing method [one Pollen Puff gives 1/2 of the total HP], akin to a regular Pokémon Center. They are not real items, nor can they be taken outside of this base.)
Old 01-18-2020, 10:18 PM   #49
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

The group arrived at the battlefield, Jake taking his place on one end, while Keith and Willa headed over to the other end. Jake then suggested making it a double battle. Willa looked down at Phantump. "Would you like that?" she asked, nodding gratefully as she accepted the Pollen Puffs from Lucario.

"Um... OK," Phantump nodded. "Um... c-can Keith team up with you?" he requested.

Willa turned to Keith. "What do you say?" she asked.

"I'm cool with it," Keith shrugged, plucking a Friend Ball off his belt. "Is that alright, Jake?" he asked. While this took place, Willa sent out Gyarados, and fed him the Pollen Puffs before withdrawing him again.
Old 01-19-2020, 03:21 PM   #50
Zorchic
Rainbow Badge

Phantump asked if Keith could join Willa in the double battle. Keith agreed, and turned to Jake, asking if he agreed as well.

"Of course," Jake replied. "I'd be expecting that." He pulled a Pokéball out of his pocket and readied it in his hand. "Are you ready to battle, Keith and Willa?" he asked.

Anticipating a battle, another Sunyshore Hover Bot quietly rose up out of a trapdoor in the ground, taking the place as the referee.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > Secret Bases