UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > The Misc

Old 01-12-2020, 03:59 PM   #26
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Send a message via AIM to Doppleganger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emi View Post
Pretty much every hunt has hovv to spavvn it in the hunt description. Some of them are a bit more esoteric though.
I get that, but I still can't find it. I went to swamp land during rain, and went into the dungeon, and it still won't appear. I feel like I'm closer to a hypothetical "chomp ghost" spawn than getting that Pokemon to appear.

My entire party is almost at Level 23 now rolling this area. If it's not going to appear now, there's an issue.

Quote:
I can spoil Mighty Bird if you vvant.
Please do so, it's endlessly frustrating. I suspect it's some combo of killing fireballs and dinosaurs, or killing one of each type of monster.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Doppleganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 04:00 PM   #27
Emi
Barghest Barghest Barghe-

Send a message via Skype™ to Emi
Spoiler: show
Mighty Bird iirc is random vvhen you load the area
Old 01-12-2020, 04:13 PM   #28
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

I tried testing that out too when I was first learning how the spawns work. It never appeared, but I didn't leave the Hyphenistan Range entire. Yeesh, frustrating indeed.

Do the Archon and Greater Earth Sprite drop anything? I managed to find drops off the superbosses but only after killing them x10 times. With those two, I've already run them twenty times and still haven't found anything aside from shards and blood.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 01-12-2020, 04:15 PM   #29
Emi

The former does drop something but because its pretty easy its nothing spectacular.

I've never really farmed for drops vvhen I played.
Old 01-12-2020, 05:46 PM   #30
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

Here's a hint for ya regarding the Swampland hunt, if you want it:

Try recreating the situation the fellow who posted it in the first place was in.

It's an annoying one to work with across the board, but they can't all be super simple, right?

Tangled Feet- "Only I have the right to hit me!"
Median Dia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 09:21 PM   #31
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Quote:
The former does drop something but because its pretty easy its nothing spectacular.

I've never really farmed for drops vvhen I played.
I got a Gold Sword from Archon.
It's worse than the Gold Rod dropped by the Fairy Bright, but still a good weapon.
I never got anything from the Great Earth Sprite.

So far, the best item in the game is Sharknado's drop, but I don't have anyone who can use it. Ow it Hurts has the second-best (?) but I don't know if it's equippable, and like the other items it can't be sold or discarded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Median Dia View Post
Here's a hint for ya regarding the Swampland hunt, if you want it:

Try recreating the situation the fellow who posted it in the first place was in.

It's an annoying one to work with across the board, but they can't all be super simple, right?
I tried again. Went during the rainstorm, crawled every inch of grass, tried to find secret passages, killed 25 Chomps, had my HP/MP dinged the entire campaign. No hits, no pentagrams.

I was there long enough to go from 2,000 Loot to 6,000 Loot.

Incidentally, I only got to face Royal Malboro once. It and the Swamp King never spawned. Hm?
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 01-12-2020, 09:25 PM   #32
Emi

Spoilers because I'm about to list out the requirements that I remember:
You need to have one party member left alive and in critical health, and it spavvns in the dungeon on the glass tiles
Old 01-12-2020, 10:03 PM   #33
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Thank you!

Doesn't look like critical health is necessary, just three party members dead seems to be enough.

But those conditions were almost impossible to meet at this point. I take no damage from attacks, and all of my party members kill most monsters in one hit.

I managed to get three party members dead only by attacking Sharknado with physical attacks, and I still killed it with just brute force.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 01-13-2020, 04:44 AM   #34
Lady Kuno
The hostess with the mostess

A lot of rune fights in the game aren't really meant to be done at that time. Same thing later on with some areas, I don't really stop people from doing really hard stuff it's just going to be really hard.

PROUD OWNER OF A MISSINGNO. IN FIZZY BUBBLES
Lady Kuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 02:06 PM   #35
Sneaze
Mrow?

Mighty Bird is a jerk and I can confirm what Emi stated.

As for the swamp hunt...

All party members must be either dead or in yellow health for easiest spawn. It's an average of all health I believe.

Also, the Hunt loot being a bit weak seems intended given it scales pretty hard as you progress in rank. Rune loot is godly if you get lucky and it drops while still at level.

Daisy wins at life for making this Battle Cut
Sneaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 04:03 PM   #36
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

I was more complaining about the "Rune Loot". it takes a long time to spawn one of those bosses, and then they have a low drop rate, so it's difficult to tell if you should run through those bosses multiple times to get their drop.

Mighty Bird was definitely the most frustrating, since after the fact I know it has a good drop but it was so difficult to encounter on top of having a low drop rate.

Bright Fairy, Nib, and Immortal Reactor drop frequently, they're easy to encounter and their drops are good. From that limited perception you'd think that Ow it Hurts, Archon, and Swamp King also have good drops, but that's not the case.

Of the difficult bosses, the only one with a good drop is Sharknado, but I can't use it right now.

Presumably there is going to be an edgelord character who uses scythes, is Dark elemented and can make use of Heavy Melee armour. I'm going to guess it's either ajnrules or maybe SulcataIxlude?
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 01-13-2020, 05:11 PM   #37
Sneaze
Mrow?

Most of the runes you're better off waiting until you have Loki for potential item theft tbh.

Daisy wins at life for making this Battle Cut
Sneaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 12:16 AM   #38
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

I beat the Nicuaguran:

0 EXP, 0 Loot

These rewards blow.

It took me until Level 28 to be able to sponge/evade its hits. It's actually weaker than the Blazing Black Dragon - if not for the Spiked Flail, it would be easy peasy to roll.

I ran the Blazing Black Dragon about 79 times to get up that high, and got 29 Escadora Curiass. It's a very mediocre drop for such a hard boss, but perhaps that's balanced by how accessible and fat it is? Like, these four are build for destroying it (it's vulnerable to Divine Light, Water All 3, and Merching Fishsssssss, so it can be killed in two turns).

I was wrong about Stlbk because he has some weird weaknesses and vulnerabilities that make him hard to use properly. The irony is Stlbk's biography says he's excellent against dragons, but the two dragons in Chapter 1 completely stomp him. He was relegated to the healer of the group. Kuno is pretty broken I think but I think the best overall character is Marion.

Marion's huge HP and skills that don't use MP make her ridiculous at sponging damage, inflicting damage, and doing debuffs. Water/Regen eats up MP but since she doesn't use it much, she's great for support/nuking. And when all else fails there's a high attack stat to fall back on,

Marion is also slow, which sounds like a weakness but is akin to slow pivots in Pokemon. She can resurrect a faster, immediately offensive character after the enemy has attacked. If you try to do the same with Hana, the fastest character, the newly resurrected friend is likely to get targeted for an attack again, or killed with a non-targeting area attack.

Protean Hana is really good too for one big reason - Merching Fishsssssss is super OP. Like, it's the most broken move in the game. It hits all enemies for heavy Water damage, but costs 10 MP so it's incredibly spammable, and Hana is so fast she outspeeds even speed oriented bosses before debuffs and boosts. This allows easy nuking of crowds and chunky damage to bosses.

Against the Blazing Black Dragon, she does 2K damage right off the bat. Combine that with 3K from Kuno and Marion, and the BBD uses its priority crit boosting move on the second turn, since it's below 50% health. This is essentially a wasted turn since another 6-8K will either kill it or let Hana kill it during the first blood on the third turn, since, again, she is faster out the gate.

Incidentally, I used a Limit Break on Marion before this battle with the Nicuaguran, and the only reason I challenged it at this point is to alleviate boredom since I went bankrupt farming the Blazing Black Dragon. Each kill used up 10 Animal Souls, way more than the BBD gave up in value of Loot, so I had to farm other creatures to replenish my money, and it was taking too much time.

I had a lot of fun farming the bosses but I didn't like killing fodder for a chance at 1-2 Loot drops. It was super lame. I used up the entire inventory value going from Level 25 to Level 28.

That said, now that I've completed the "finale" there's nothing more I can do, esoterically or practically, but continue on to Chapter 2.

I'm at 39+ hours, I love this game Kuno! It's wonderful.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 01-14-2020, 01:11 AM   #39
DaisyInari
Sarasaland represent!

Send a message via MSN to DaisyInari
Altaria

>mfw Dopple is higher level than I am and I’m in ch 4 with 50+hours

But congrats? Dopple, you deserve 100 wall breaks for beating what is supposed to be an unbeatable character xd

Hi, I'm Daisy!

W(DQ)- 22(3) L(DQ)-14(0)
KO-55
TP-131 SP- 64.5/96.5 (5SP to Deh, 5SP to FW, 5SP to Desert Spirit, 8.5SP to Fallen Icarus, 10SP to Kyro12, 8SP to Charminions, 10 to aposteriori)
SHUCKS I GOTTA FIX THIS SOMETIME
~TL3~

~Fizzy Bubbles~

Credits to Charm for making this!

Come, my birdies!!!! Mwahahahaha!!!!!!

Thanks Pingu for being so nice and making me this~

Credit to TheKnightsFury for the sprite!

Fear my abnormally large signature~

Be Positive Ref~ I <3 you, Lonely Cubone and those who eval'd me~
DaisyInari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 04:36 AM   #40
Lady Kuno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppleganger View Post
I beat the Nicuaguran:

0 EXP, 0 Loot

These rewards blow.

It took me until Level 28 to be able to sponge/evade its hits. It's actually weaker than the Blazing Black Dragon - if not for the Spiked Flail, it would be easy peasy to roll.
Damn, dude. I thought I made it impossible to beat (the game wouldn't let you win) but I guess I didn't. Oops. There's no secret reward for that because I don't want people to feel like they HAVE to get to level 30 by chapter 1 for a super duper secret thing.

Quote:
I ran the Blazing Black Dragon about 79 times to get up that high, and got 29 Escadora Curiass. It's a very mediocre drop for such a hard boss, but perhaps that's balanced by how accessible and fat it is? Like, these four are build for destroying it (it's vulnerable to Divine Light, Water All 3, and Merching Fishsssssss, so it can be killed in two turns).
It's a decent item with a 50% drop rate and easy to make appear.

Quote:
I was wrong about Stlbk because he has some weird weaknesses and vulnerabilities that make him hard to use properly. The irony is Stlbk's biography says he's excellent against dragons, but the two dragons in Chapter 1 completely stomp him. He was relegated to the healer of the group. Kuno is pretty broken I think but I think the best overall character is Marion.

Marion's huge HP and skills that don't use MP make her ridiculous at sponging damage, inflicting damage, and doing debuffs. Water/Regen eats up MP but since she doesn't use it much, she's great for support/nuking. And when all else fails there's a high attack stat to fall back on,

Marion is also slow, which sounds like a weakness but is akin to slow pivots in Pokemon. She can resurrect a faster, immediately offensive character after the enemy has attacked. If you try to do the same with Hana, the fastest character, the newly resurrected friend is likely to get targeted for an attack again, or killed with a non-targeting area attack.
It's all personal preference here. Stlbk is good against dragons because Spears do extra damage to them (they also generally do fire which he heals from).

Quote:
Protean Hana is really good too for one big reason - Merching Fishsssssss is super OP. Like, it's the most broken move in the game. It hits all enemies for heavy Water damage, but costs 10 MP so it's incredibly spammable, and Hana is so fast she outspeeds even speed oriented bosses before debuffs and boosts. This allows easy nuking of crowds and chunky damage to bosses.
That move was garbage tier for a very long time so I mighta went a taddddd too far in making it good. So I slightly adjusted the damage on it to weaken it a little (still 10 MP), it just ignored a bit too much of the enemies magic defense so I was afraid it was too good now. D: So the next update will have this move slightly weaker.

Quote:
I had a lot of fun farming the bosses but I didn't like killing fodder for a chance at 1-2 Loot drops. It was super lame. I used up the entire inventory value going from Level 25 to Level 28.
Sniz addressed this with steal offsetting some enemies having piss-poor drop rates.

Quote:
I'm at 39+ hours, I love this game Kuno! It's wonderful.
I'm glad you're enjoying it! One of my main goals was to let people play however the fuck they want to. I also wanted to have each chapter introduce a new game mechanic to make things more interesting. I'm really curious regarding your take on the ch2 characters. I'm also gonna add a way to sell all the hunt drops for you in the next version. I also upped the sell rate on the cuirass.

I should have the next version update before the end of Jan. Lots of random QoL improvements, a few bugs fixed (TUGs), and hopefully a new area all done (Cloud Garden). After that is probably gonna be remnant which I think a lot of people want, but I might do the rest of the hunts if people would rather have that instead.

Old 01-14-2020, 06:17 AM   #41
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Kuno View Post
Damn, dude. I thought I made it impossible to beat (the game wouldn't let you win) but I guess I didn't. Oops. There's no secret reward for that because I don't want people to feel like they HAVE to get to level 30 by chapter 1 for a super duper secret thing.
If I see Ultra Necrozma I'm going to break his gold-plated kneecaps if it's possible.

Quote:

It's a decent item with a 50% drop rate and easy to make appear.
That's what I figured. It's just that the other bosses I mentioned (Immortal Reactor, Bright Fairy, Nib) were the 3 bosses I killed first, and also happened to have the three best drops in that area.

So it was disappointing that all the other ones I hunted didn't have anything on that quality. The curiass doesn't bother me so much as the disappointment that the item hunting peaked in the first two hours of gameplay.

Quote:
It's all personal preference here. Stlbk is good against dragons because Spears do extra damage to them (they also generally do fire which he heals from).
By contrast, all of Stlbk's Fire spells are useless against them, and against something like the Blazing Black Dragon with three attacks, he immediately dies if he's targeted for a physical attack.

Against Sharknado and Ow it Hurts, two physical attackers, I was able to kill them early on with Hat Womps and burns to lower their attack strength to manageable levels. Against Nicuaguarn and Blazing Black Dragon, who were immune to burns but only occasionally used Fire-type moves, Stlbk was the most consistent casualty, and was only useful as support or death fodder.

Even with the Golden Spear at Level 29, the physical damage was paltry when it landed outside of a lucky critical hit, and without debuffs Stlbk was missing those hits. Blazing Black Dragon has a high evasion, Nicuaguarn casts Vanish, and Nib uses Perfect Warrior.

Most of my usage for Stlbk is as a supporter, with Corrosive Breath, Burn 2, Scorch 3 and the womps to debuff opponents and stall them out. But this utility faded away as Kuno, Marion got access to powerful offensive spells, making it more useful to simply feed them souls to regenerate MP and keep the hurt pressure on.

I guess Stlbk is supposed to be a "red mage" type, good at everything but not great at anything, but he also has no team role, either. Since he's slower than Hana, she tends to clear fields before he can, and he doesn't have the same damage output as Marion or Kuno.

Wyvern Scales don't save him from being physically bodied by a multi attacker or spellcaster, Ice Breath is completely useless with even the slightest bit of damage, and the hat tricks don't feel like they do enough in a turn after the early game.

There also seems to be a bug (?) with the speed debuffs. Intuitively, lowering one target's speed should be the same as raising the party's speed, but I found that moves like Magic Bunny or Speed Curse were explicitly worse than Speed Ritual X. This exacerbated Stlbk's problems since he only has debuffs, no buffing moves outside of Wyvern Scales.

Quote:
That move was garbage tier for a very long time so I mighta went a taddddd too far in making it good. So I slightly adjusted the damage on it to weaken it a little (still 10 MP), it just ignored a bit too much of the enemies magic defense so I was afraid it was too good now. D: So the next update will have this move slightly weaker.
I'll be sad to see it weakened, but it + Hana's speed completely outclassed anything that Stlbk could do. Hana could still fire for full damage after a revive when a papercut would gut Stlbk's damage output with his 10 MP spells.

Weakening it wouldn't solve the problems, though, since it goes beyond just that move. Hana is faster than Stlbk, and her memes are improved versions of Stlbk's moves.

Merching Fishsssssss > Ice/Fire Breath (does not weaken with low HP)
Crackdash > Magic Bunny, Scorch 3, Burn 2 (crackdash combines all of these)
tungsten > Wyvern Scales (tungsten can be cast on party members)

To me, buffing Stlbk or giving him a more defined niche would make him feel less like dead weight. The only omission I see in his spellbook is no offensive boosting move, like a Focus Energy that raises his crit rate. For such a frail character, he can't afford to miss or do low damage when he hits, and crits solve his accuracy and damage problems while contrasting with Hana's Iron Tail. Marion at least has the massive HP to sponge attacks if she misses an attack and can fallback on her versatile magic if physical attacks are useless.

Quote:
I'm glad you're enjoying it! One of my main goals was to let people play however the fuck they want to. I also wanted to have each chapter introduce a new game mechanic to make things more interesting. I'm really curious regarding your take on the ch2 characters. I'm also gonna add a way to sell all the hunt drops for you in the next version. I also upped the sell rate on the cuirass.

I should have the next version update before the end of Jan. Lots of random QoL improvements, a few bugs fixed (TUGs), and hopefully a new area all done (Cloud Garden). After that is probably gonna be remnant which I think a lot of people want, but I might do the rest of the hunts if people would rather have that instead.
Those are my favourite type of games. Not necessarily "open world", because open world games generally have pre-designed challenges that developers let the player choose in any order or non-order they please. I skew toward, "please put mountains in my games, with no greater purpose, that I may decide to climb them, or blow them up, or mine them for minerals and vespene gas".

The big drag with Chapter 2 is starting from scratch with Muyo and Blastoise. After having climbed so high with first party I don't feel as motivated to grind them knowing that once they meet up with the others and get access to the unified inventory, the small boosts in the forest and ice caverns won't matter.

While some of that is my own playstyle and bias leaking through, I do think there's an inherent push toward wanting to rush this section simply due to the loot and items available in the stores via Selene's quest.

I think from a story perspective, if you had ended Chapter 1 right before the armoured figure said "I'm here to break you all out of here", there would be more push from the player to save the party. As-is, there doesn't feel like any imminent danger for Kuno's party so ABL's urgings don't feel that urgent.

Debate Wastes feels nostalgic because the setting and music of a snow-covered city in the shadow of a huge corporation is very reminiscent of two visual novels posters here played at the start of the 2010's, Remember 11 and G-Senjou no Maou.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 01-14-2020, 10:01 AM   #42
Lady Kuno

Quote:
If I see Ultra Necrozma I'm going to break his gold-plated kneecaps if it's possible.
This is 100% going to be a hunt because that fight theme is one of my favorites.

Quote:
That's what I figured. It's just that the other bosses I mentioned (Immortal Reactor, Bright Fairy, Nib) were the 3 bosses I killed first, and also happened to have the three best drops in that area.

So it was disappointing that all the other ones I hunted didn't have anything on that quality. The curiass doesn't bother me so much as the disappointment that the item hunting peaked in the first two hours of gameplay.
I feel like the Gold Sword is pretty good. Better than other swords for quite a while, at least, and adds stuff to unique stats (luck, max mp, etc). Considering how easy that guy is to make appear and kill it's not the end of the world to have it be a decent drop and kinda rare.

Quote:
I guess Stlbk is supposed to be a "red mage" type, good at everything but not great at anything, but he also has no team role, either. Since he's slower than Hana, she tends to clear fields before he can, and he doesn't have the same damage output as Marion or Kuno.

Wyvern Scales don't save him from being physically bodied by a multi attacker or spellcaster, Ice Breath is completely useless with even the slightest bit of damage, and the hat tricks don't feel like they do enough in a turn after the early game.
He is the hardest hitter in the game, along with Muyo, essentially. Originally his Dragon Dance was at a much lower level, but I raised its level a bit to weaken him a bit. It was originally DD at 20 and Scales at 30. His breaths are dependent on max HP, so his gear later on helps augment that a bit more.

Before I released the game I buffed various Hana skills I might roll back a few of them slightly if she's completely destroying everything. She was good at first but got nerfed a bit for a while. She might need to be toned down once more. Sorry Hana. D:

Quote:
There also seems to be a bug (?) with the speed debuffs. Intuitively, lowering one target's speed should be the same as raising the party's speed, but I found that moves like Magic Bunny or Speed Curse were explicitly worse than Speed Ritual X. This exacerbated Stlbk's problems since he only has debuffs, no buffing moves outside of Wyvern Scales.
Buffs and debuffs are always gonna have different uses. Buffs are strong usually, but if you die you have to reapply them. Enemies won't generally remove debuffs on themselves. Speed Ritual gives Haste, which is +25% speed. It also isn't it's own thing, which means it won't stack with Haste (spell) or any gear that gives Haste.

The hat stuff is stronger early game, but stacks with most everything else. Hat Whomp 1/Bunny 1 are -3 to the stat as well as a 95% reduction (if it was 100 its 95 now.. or well 92). So it does scale decently to harder stuff, but the main benefit is it works with other things. Whereas the tier2 drops by 3 also but also has a 90% reduction in the stat (which stacks with the previous stuff). For it's cost, it's pretty good.

Quote:
Merching Fishsssssss > Ice/Fire Breath (does not weaken with low HP)
Crackdash > Magic Bunny, Scorch 3, Burn 2 (crackdash combines all of these)
tungsten > Wyvern Scales (tungsten can be cast on party members)
Scales also increases max HP, which powers up his breaths more. His breaths are also only affected by elemental resistance, not enemy stats, meaning he can reliably do more damage than most other party members. Also Crackadash is just speed down, not burn or scorch effects.

Quote:
To me, buffing Stlbk or giving him a more defined niche would make him feel less like dead weight. The only omission I see in his spellbook is no offensive boosting move, like a Focus Energy that raises his crit rate. For such a frail character, he can't afford to miss or do low damage when he hits, and crits solve his accuracy and damage problems while contrasting with Hana's Iron Tail. Marion at least has the massive HP to sponge attacks if she misses an attack and can fallback on her versatile magic if physical attacks are useless.
Stlbk is super broken (or rather, gets more broken as you start getting him his unique gear), and buffing him more would just wreck game balance something stupid. You're just a very high level so you are seeing things skewed in a weird way (with also limited weapons/armor/etc).

What fourth wall path did you pick?

Quote:
The big drag with Chapter 2 is starting from scratch with Muyo and Blastoise. After having climbed so high with first party I don't feel as motivated to grind them knowing that once they meet up with the others and get access to the unified inventory, the small boosts in the forest and ice caverns won't matter.

While some of that is my own playstyle and bias leaking through, I do think there's an inherent push toward wanting to rush this section simply due to the loot and items available in the stores via Selene's quest.
The start of chapter 2 is definitely unique and not everyones favorite but it's a nice change of pace.

Quote:
Debate Wastes feels nostalgic because the setting and music of a snow-covered city in the shadow of a huge corporation is very reminiscent of two visual novels posters here played at the start of the 2010's, Remember 11 and G-Senjou no Maou.
It's such a nice aesthetic, isn't it? It's such an awesome place.

Old 01-15-2020, 05:11 AM   #43
Lady Kuno

Few things after looking at the moves (now that I'm home):
For Hana, I'm doing a middle ground between what she's at now and before I buffed them, but I'm keeping how potent the stat moves are. This only affects Fish/Crackadash, as they were the only moves I buffed. I slightly raised the cost of a later skill (Bon Nuit).

I also buffed Wyvern Scales per Dopples request after looking at it again. The HP increase is the same but the amount defenses increase is now higher. I just wanted to make this post before I forget what I did and gets lost.

Old 01-15-2020, 05:30 AM   #44
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

I've reunited the party in Chapter II, but haven't gone to Michistan? yet.

Once returning to the main continent, it's like turning Chapter I on its head. The analogy I want to make is playing Pokemon RBY with Ditto, which inverts the challenge curve where weak Pokemon are hard, and strong Pokemon are easier due to their better movepools.

True enough, I will have to take back what I said of the Golden Sword. Muyo, Blastoise and Loki are too weak to kill the Chapter I bosses except Archon, and the Golden Sword is better than anything they can buy or get through quest to that point.

That party was weird since they had no synergy at all, and had bad type mathups against the continent's bosses (but did just as well against the mooks).

I was jealous that Loki's event drop is better than the secret drop from Ow it Hurts. +5 to all stats is going to be hard to beat by any other item.

It's also weird that the UPN event bosses in this chapter had enormus HP rewards compared to their difficulty. Even Handy, the toughest boss, was weaker than most of the Rune Bosses and gave out a whopping +250 EXP. Granted, I had to cheese him with Muyo but it was still crazy.

Thunder Fairy needing a Thunder Crystal to summon is annoying. I ran into that one by chance, and didn't get to see its drop. The requirement is going to be painful, needing to farm Crystals from the other two lightning bosses to summon it.

And for the record, I'm as relieved as everyone else there weren't any space pigeons. Those things are picky eaters and will eat your mouth and nose off your face, so you can't scream or breath as they pluck out your eyes. They're as nasty as the killer chicken, Gallusaurus rex.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 01-15-2020, 12:56 PM   #45
phoopes
Double Dragon

>Stlbk

@Dopple my personal headcannon is that due to their longstanding rivalry Kuno made Stlbk a bad character on purpose

(jokes aside I think he's a good character but the headcannon is funny for explaining how susceptible he is to dying at the very start of the game)
Old 01-15-2020, 01:01 PM   #46
Loki
The Path of Now & Forever

We have purposely trained him wrong as a joke.
Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 04:52 PM   #47
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

I cleared Emina Area C and gained access to Area B. I stand by what I said earlier - even in an area with nothing but Dragons, he was still the LVP outside of occasional critical hits.

Against the Guardian Wyrms he'd die to two Divine Light, and the Water Dragons crushed him with Water 3 All. Against the Green Dragon - another Fire immune Dragon - Marion and Hana were destroying it with Water magic. Stblk is at Level 32* here so I'm confident he's overleveled for this area.

The icing on the cake are the drops from that green dragon. I didn't think it was hard, especially not after the Blazing Black Dragon, but the Green Dragon Scale has worse stats than the Golden Armor, and offers Freeze/Frost immunity...which doesn't make much sense coming from a Fire immune Dragon, and adds little for Stlbk who has 50% Ice resistance as-is. The Golden Armor's MP boost is much more important, since in one level his MP will reach 80, allowing two consecutive uses of Kaboom.

The Green Dragon Helm is great. But the armour is like...what am I supposed to do with it? Stlbk is the only character who can equip it. It's not worth wearing.

That said, I think we're getting to the part of the game where mono physical attacking might not be the worst thing. When Hana can't hit stuff super-effectively, she feels a bit dead weight because she can't hit hard enough, like against the Butterflies in Area B. Marion was stupid strong but the crit-prone monsters in Area B were still taking 50-60% off her HP...which is insane, since she's the best tank in the game so far.

*Rest of the party is Level 34. Stlbk is lower level because he keeps dying and missing EXP shares.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて

Last edited by Doppleganger; 01-15-2020 at 05:04 PM.
Old 01-15-2020, 06:04 PM   #48
Lady Kuno

Quote:
I cleared Emina Area C and gained access to Area B. I stand by what I said earlier - even in an area with nothing but Dragons, he was still the LVP outside of occasional critical hits.

Against the Guardian Wyrms he'd die to two Divine Light, and the Water Dragons crushed him with Water 3 All. Against the Green Dragon - another Fire immune Dragon - Marion and Hana were destroying it with Water magic. Stblk is at Level 32* here so I'm confident he's overleveled for this area.
If you give Stlbk the best spear and as much attack as humanly possible he tears dragons up. I don't know what you are doing. You gave him a spear, right? D:

Quote:
The icing on the cake are the drops from that green dragon. I didn't think it was hard, especially not after the Blazing Black Dragon, but the Green Dragon Scale has worse stats than the Golden Armor, and offers Freeze/Frost immunity...which doesn't make much sense coming from a Fire immune Dragon, and adds little for Stlbk who has 50% Ice resistance as-is. The Golden Armor's MP boost is much more important, since in one level his MP will reach 80, allowing two consecutive uses of Kaboom.

The Green Dragon Helm is great. But the armour is like...what am I supposed to do with it? Stlbk is the only character who can equip it. It's not worth wearing.
Well Golden Armor is a drop from a rune. But aside from that, I think the Green Armor is better for Stlbk. It has more attack and a lot more speed, both of which he needs. Also a warm dragon is gonna be frost immune, duh. But seriously, Freeze immunity is nice. Even if he already resists it. Freeze sucks ass.

Quote:
That said, I think we're getting to the part of the game where mono physical attacking might not be the worst thing. When Hana can't hit stuff super-effectively, she feels a bit dead weight because she can't hit hard enough, like against the Butterflies in Area B. Marion was stupid strong but the crit-prone monsters in Area B were still taking 50-60% off her HP...which is insane, since she's the best tank in the game so far.
The game has a few different types of tanks. Marion and Kuno are considered "kind of" tanks because Kuno's massive magic def, and Marions huge HP pool. Blastoise and Loki are more "true" tanks because they can wear heavy melee gear, which emphasizes defense, HP, and crit reduction. Blastoise doesn't have any tanking related stats to help him though, so you kinda have to build his gear that way (as opposed to a more damage dealing or magic casting setup). Also Emina Palace is considered to a "Chapter 5/6" area so.. have fun there. You're not really supposed to be there yet. Just admire the beautiful scenery and try not to die.

Did you pick a fourth wall path?

Old 01-15-2020, 07:14 PM   #49
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

I haven't picked a path yet. I was trying to raise the levels of the other three characters, until I realized there is EXP Share so they gain EXP even outside of the main party.

I obtained the Blaziken Feet and the unusuabl Parasol. Stlbk is good here, but not because of his physical attacks (I gave him the Golden Spear, the best spear I have access to). With two Kabooms and two Kuno Megkablamo, I can clear out the ordinary monsters here.

Stlbk's physical offense went down when I gave up the Feathered Cap for the Green Dragon Helmet, due to the rarer crits. My level is high enough now for the Green Dragom Armor to fit and still have 80 MP.

Marion has the worst fit here since her Water magic and Blood magic aren't as effective. I mostly patrol the area using Crackadash, Kaboom, and Megkablamo.

The two superbosses here, Skarmory and Mothra, are far too powerful to win against at this level.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 01-17-2020, 12:48 AM   #50
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

I had a feeling that Loki would have a better Poach skill so I got him to a high level and got Snatch: it's a good skill for scouting if bosses even have drops, but doesn't solve the problem of them not spawning with a drop in the first place.

I am still on Chapter 2 and haven't gone to the Dark Tower, or picked a Fourth Wall path. However, I did get the A-Team to Level 50, and unlocked Kuno's "The Goal of All Life is Death".

Both skills were a bit questionable but I came really close to killing the Butterfly of Death, one of the unkillable superbosses in Area B of Emina Palance.

TGOALID will Stun 2 the enemy, and it works on the moth. Hana's Belkin Attack will also Stun the opponent, and with a few stuns I was able to unload a lot of damage onto the moth without getting party wiped.

Unfortunately, Stlbk's offense is still bad. He has 170+ ATK but without a crit, the damage is pitiful compared to his nuke attacks.

I'm going to get Stlbk to 100 MP so he can nuke twice, and try my hand at that butterfly again. One level up made the difference from 0% to 95% chance.

Also, the most useful spell of Hana's at this point is Crackadash, since the speed debuff usually guarantees the entire team outspeeds the next turn. Kuno is the least valuable player because she's so slow - Marion's offense is outpaced by the others at this point, but with the Blaziken Claws she's the second-fastest character. Marion, Hana, and Stlbk can usually kill things before Kuno gets a chance, and Kuno is slow slow the monsters here can OHKO her if she's targeted for an attack or spell. Especially the Blazing Dragon, whose physical attack debuffs right through Kuno's resistances.

I'm not using Loki, Muyo, or Blastoise at all right now. They just don't have access to good enough gear and their skills aren't suited for grinding.

Loki is the weirdest because his gun skills are good, but you'd rather have him attacking than using them. I'm not sure how to best use him yet.

Also, the Veryberry Fields suck. I think there's a bug where the game slows down here for some reason and Kuno walks slowly (there is also frame lag in Area B's buildings). I can't find either of the Hunts here, or the Sorcher monsters, the three fairies or any of the six gods. It's just Wurmples and Marijuana plants, and they are endlessly spawning. You have to use up your Veryberries before using an Aged Berry on the offering table, and I have 6 Veryberries and 3 Aged Berries. The walk is a nightmare. Help?
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > The Misc