UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > The Misc

Old 01-17-2020, 02:23 AM   #51
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Send a message via AIM to Doppleganger

I think you're blind, Stlbk!!

Unfortunately, the Chrome Bird is not killable yet. It's immune to all Electric and status moves so unless Stlbk's debuffs and burns will work, I don't see a way to out it yet.

The sad part is you need a Chaos Crystal to open the pathway, so the better Chaos Cluster is useless. I've seen some gem monster things on the crystal floors that cast Defrag, but they stopped appearing recently. I suspect they have crystals as a rare drop, but I will try to farm the butterfly in case it drops Chaos Crystals too.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Doppleganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2020, 04:17 AM   #52
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

I have a complaint.

It looks like the Butterfly of Death is the only source of Chaos Crystals in this area. Every other crystal colour drops from dragons, robots, or the garden critters and each of the other rune superbosses (Ancient Turtle, Mafia Mushrooms) drop clusters, crystals, and shards.

It looks like due to random chance, the Butterfly of Death I battled didn't drop a crystal.

It doesn't look like these rune monsters respawn, so I have no way of completing the stain glass floor now. I ran the Fragments monster but they only drop random shards, and they're a rare encounter on the glass.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 01-17-2020, 05:56 AM   #53
Lady Kuno
The hostess with the mostess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppleganger View Post
I have a complaint.

It looks like the Butterfly of Death is the only source of Chaos Crystals in this area. Every other crystal colour drops from dragons, robots, or the garden critters and each of the other rune superbosses (Ancient Turtle, Mafia Mushrooms) drop clusters, crystals, and shards.

It looks like due to random chance, the Butterfly of Death I battled didn't drop a crystal.

It doesn't look like these rune monsters respawn, so I have no way of completing the stain glass floor now. I ran the Fragments monster but they only drop random shards, and they're a rare encounter on the glass.
It only drops a cluster, and not a crystal. This is intentional.

PROUD OWNER OF A MISSINGNO. IN FIZZY BUBBLES
Lady Kuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2020, 08:02 AM   #54
Sneaze
Mrow?

To correct something you said earlier, there are actually a fair number of boss drops that Loki can't see or steal.

Daisy wins at life for making this Battle Cut
Sneaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2020, 08:49 AM   #55
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Kuno View Post
It only drops a cluster, and not a crystal. This is intentional.
Good to know. It's much more frustrating to think that I lost my entry due to random chance rather than game design.

Can something be done about this?

These are all obsoleted items that can't be removed, which I'm forced to carry after finding replacements, and in some cases items like the Samurai Armor need to be manually unequipped using Optimization because the game counts points to HP/MP the same as the other stats.

I'd like to be able to get rid of these, especially stuff like the Dunce Cap. Unless it's quest relevant, why would I need something like this?! And I doubt the Samurai Armor would be quest relevant because it was Dark Tower loot, and the Dark Tower is no longer accessible, so it could easily be missed.

I have a lot of Key Items too, but Key Items don't clog up the Buy/Sell screens, or interference with Optimization.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 01-17-2020, 11:48 AM   #56
Lady Kuno

Quote:
Good to know. It's much more frustrating to think that I lost my entry due to random chance rather than game design.

Can something be done about this?

These are all obsoleted items that can't be removed, which I'm forced to carry after finding replacements, and in some cases items like the Samurai Armor need to be manually unequipped using Optimization because the game counts points to HP/MP the same as the other stats.

I'd like to be able to get rid of these, especially stuff like the Dunce Cap. Unless it's quest relevant, why would I need something like this?! And I doubt the Samurai Armor would be quest relevant because it was Dark Tower loot, and the Dark Tower is no longer accessible, so it could easily be missed.

I have a lot of Key Items too, but Key Items don't clog up the Buy/Sell screens, or interference with Optimization.
I don't mind making that stuff sellable, some stuff is probably still accidently sellable. I can fix it for the next version.

However, fourth wall is not sellable by intention and I am not gonna change that, sorry.

Old 01-17-2020, 11:07 PM   #57
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

I don't know anything about the Fourth Wall, so from that comment I'm guessing it s a trade-in Quest?

Unfortunately it looks like the max level here is 60. I'm guessing that there will be something that raises this cap later (I thought it was the Limit Breaker) because I know RPG Maker allows up to Level 100, and there is another pentagram in Talon's Castle which would suggest super skills.

The Failed Experiment is killable except for one issue - Kuno seems vulnerable to Ice 4 and Ice 3 All. This will OHKO even with Ice Blood Resistance, high MDEF that renders all other elements (even +200% DARK!) minimal.

Kuno can survive everything but Umbra 3, Ice 4 and Ice 3 All. That's really weird, I don't get it?
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 01-18-2020, 02:40 AM   #58
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Bug?

I obtained the Rank B license, but I don't see any B Ranked missions. Initially I thought it might be there are no missions at this time, but it's the same prompt with the other job postings above B.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 01-18-2020, 05:20 AM   #59
Lady Kuno

Quote:
Bug?

I obtained the Rank B license, but I don't see any B Ranked missions. Initially I thought it might be there are no missions at this time, but it's the same prompt with the other job postings above B.
They're not in yet.

Quote:
Unfortunately it looks like the max level here is 60. I'm guessing that there will be something that raises this cap later (I thought it was the Limit Breaker) because I know RPG Maker allows up to Level 100, and there is another pentagram in Talon's Castle which would suggest super skills.
60 is the cap to maintain some sort of balance to postgame.

Quote:
The Failed Experiment is killable except for one issue - Kuno seems vulnerable to Ice 4 and Ice 3 All. This will OHKO even with Ice Blood Resistance, high MDEF that renders all other elements (even +200% DARK!) minimal.

Kuno can survive everything but Umbra 3, Ice 4 and Ice 3 All. That's really weird, I don't get it?
That enemy not only changes what types it is weak to, but also its stats when it changes elements. Ice is the element of Magic Attack and so when it's on Ice mode, it's magic gets stronger.

Old 01-18-2020, 05:26 AM   #60
DaisyInari
Sarasaland represent!

Send a message via MSN to DaisyInari
Altaria

Hey Dopple, do you plan on getting any secret chars?

Hi, I'm Daisy!

Spoiler: show
W(DQ)- 22(3) L(DQ)-14(0)
KO-55
TP-131 SP- 64.5/96.5 (5SP to Deh, 5SP to FW, 5SP to Desert Spirit, 8.5SP to Fallen Icarus, 10SP to Kyro12, 8SP to Charminions, 10 to aposteriori)
SHUCKS I GOTTA FIX THIS SOMETIME
~TL3~

~Fizzy Bubbles~

Credits to Charm for making this!

Come, my birdies!!!! Mwahahahaha!!!!!!

Thanks Pingu for being so nice and making me this~

Credit to TheKnightsFury for the sprite!

Fear my abnormally large signature~

Be Positive Ref~ I <3 you, Lonely Cubone and those who eval'd me~
DaisyInari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2020, 09:28 AM   #61
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

That's like asking me what preschool I'm going to send my daughter to.

I have a daughter?! When did that happen?!

@Kuno

Is it really a challenge or just a different type of grind?

This big boi was not "hard", but the battle took 40 minutes. I'm at max level too so unless there are some broken items I don't have access yet, this and the failed experiment are going to be more 40+ minute battles.

I beat the Chrome Bird too. One friend has a good matchup against most of these bosses. Against Chrome Bird, it was Marion, surprisingly. for reasons I don't fully understand.

Against this guy, Stlbk was the "MVP" but the battle wouldn't have been won if not for Kuno taking 0 Fire magic damage.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 01-18-2020, 02:26 PM   #62
Lady Kuno

I can't tell what boss that is. XD

You need better gear and also I don't think your strategerie is on point, especially if you aren't utilizing anyone else in the game.

Old 01-18-2020, 05:05 PM   #63
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

That's the Dragon King who interrupts the Black Dragon battle.

I am actually using Blastoise and Muyo for their debuffs thanks to the Party Hard coin. They were important in both this battle and the failed Failed Experiment battles.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 01-19-2020, 09:25 PM   #64
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

Finally got a chance to make some more progress. ='D

Got a full team now with ME and Hana. \o/

When I went to the Swamp initially I got my butt kicked bad, so I ended up exploring Hyphenistan first to grind and find some good gear to boot. =3=b (Got my butt kicked again by a bird up there and lost a lot of progress though. >.>; Think I'm gonna just avoid those star fights until I'm a much higher level. OTL)

Currently in the process of swatting mosquitoes... Huzzah for Stlbk learning some offensive area attacks at last, and Hana's memes help too~ (ME's buffs are nice as well, once I got over my hesitance to use consumables. MORE BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GODDESS. X3)
lilboocorsola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 02:03 AM   #65
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Does the Unholy Emperor have a drop? He has the same music as Failed Experiment, so I thought there was something special about this encounter, but I've run it a bunch of times and never found anything.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 01-20-2020, 02:54 AM   #66
Lady Kuno

Quote:
Does the Unholy Emperor have a drop? He has the same music as Failed Experiment, so I thought there was something special about this encounter, but I've run it a bunch of times and never found anything.
It's a low drop rate. I might change Exp's and stuff like Gatekeepers music to be more unique. Usually runes in the same "area" have the same music. Which is why Archon has the same music as Blazing Black Dragon, but Royal Malboro is different (despite being in ch1 also).

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilboocorsola View Post
Finally got a chance to make some more progress. ='D

Got a full team now with ME and Hana. \o/

When I went to the Swamp initially I got my butt kicked bad, so I ended up exploring Hyphenistan first to grind and find some good gear to boot. =3=b (Got my butt kicked again by a bird up there and lost a lot of progress though. >.>; Think I'm gonna just avoid those star fights until I'm a much higher level. OTL)

Currently in the process of swatting mosquitoes... Huzzah for Stlbk learning some offensive area attacks at last, and Hana's memes help too~ (ME's buffs are nice as well, once I got over my hesitance to use consumables. MORE BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GODDESS. X3)
Having a full team is so fun. I was just talking about this with Daisy, how swamp land totally changes once Stlbk can melt everything. There's just a raw carnal satisfaction in just MELTING all those damn mosquitoes. ME is better for bosses with her skills, due to limited quantities of stuff.

Old 01-20-2020, 03:15 AM   #67
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Regarding the Ancient Monk, all the other monsters for the Dojo Quest are normal random encounters, but there are no Monks on the levels of the tomb I've explored.

Is the monk a super low rate encounter, or is it something in an area of the tomb I can't access at this point? So far I've seen the Unholy Emperor and both rune bosses in the area, and opened every chest.

Literally just found it within seconds of posting this. After days of searching, the encounter of wonders.

Bwaaaak! Encounter of Wonders!

Also, regarding the Vile Forest hunt:

I found Caterpie in one of the areas but used up almost 50 Zubat Sprays to find it. So I reloaded the game and now the rune won't appear in the area I was at before.

Is there a special trigger for Caterpie appearing here? Or is it...random?
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 01-20-2020, 04:37 AM   #68
Lady Kuno

Quote:
Regarding the Ancient Monk, all the other monsters for the Dojo Quest are normal random encounters, but there are no Monks on the levels of the tomb I've explored.

Is the monk a super low rate encounter, or is it something in an area of the tomb I can't access at this point? So far I've seen the Unholy Emperor and both rune bosses in the area, and opened every chest.

Literally just found it within seconds of posting this. After days of searching, the encounter of wonders.

Bwaaaak! Encounter of Wonders!

Also, regarding the Vile Forest hunt:

I found Caterpie in one of the areas but used up almost 50 Zubat Sprays to find it. So I reloaded the game and now the rune won't appear in the area I was at before.

Is there a special trigger for Caterpie appearing here? Or is it...random?
The Monk is only on the first level, not in the basement or other floors, and kinda rare. Also regarding caterpie:

It moves around, I believe. They're all in the forest area, though.

Also re: the item drop from failed experiment. Apparently it had the wrong attack animation (oops) so attacking with it will look a little different (its not a claws weapon). I'm also changing it so it's based on CURRENT HP and not max. I think it makes it a little more interesting, since it is extra free damage, and at full health it's essentially the same. It's not like Stlbk's breaths where the damage drops instantly if 1 less than full, etc.

I'd like to have the version up by next weekend but this week looks to be busy so idk. D:

Old 01-21-2020, 05:03 PM   #69
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

I encountered a sound issue using gangnam style.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 01-21-2020, 11:41 PM   #70
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

I defeated the Failed Experiment and a prompt said a door opened in the distance. I went to town to save, but when I returned the door had been sealed again. I'm fairly sure this is supposed to remain open because there's no way for me to reopen it with the boss dead.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 01-22-2020, 12:27 AM   #71
DaisyInari
Sarasaland represent!

Altaria

If you’ve completed all the quests you’ve encountered so far, you should at least have one secret char doppel! If you’d like a hint:

Someones asking for a burning herb, and even if you sell them it’s still replenishable if you leave the area and come back

Hi, I'm Daisy!

W(DQ)- 22(3) L(DQ)-14(0)
KO-55
TP-131 SP- 64.5/96.5 (5SP to Deh, 5SP to FW, 5SP to Desert Spirit, 8.5SP to Fallen Icarus, 10SP to Kyro12, 8SP to Charminions, 10 to aposteriori)
~TL3~

~Fizzy Bubbles~

Old 01-22-2020, 03:49 AM   #72
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

That's one of the few Quests I (haven't/can't) complete(d), because the guy I'm supposed to give the herbs to isn't in the house anymore.

I have like 30 of those herbs already from searching for the Burning Wyrm or whatever it was.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 01-22-2020, 04:15 AM   #73
Lady Kuno

One of the kids in the house will tell you that he left. Originally I had it that he says a doctor already came and took them away. Maybe I should put that back in.

Old 01-22-2020, 04:22 AM   #74
DaisyInari
Sarasaland represent!

Altaria

You don’t happen to have a gold ingot left do you? You can finish another quest with it that would lead you to another sc 😔

Hi, I'm Daisy!

W(DQ)- 22(3) L(DQ)-14(0)
KO-55
~TL3~

~Fizzy Bubbles~

Old 01-22-2020, 04:29 AM   #75
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

I sold all the ingots. I thought there might be merit in keeping one (as I have done with the clusters), but I badly needed the money.

There's another bug where it seems like Marion Ette needs to be holding the Blaziken Claws to trigger the Unholy Emperor. Unequipping them for the Bloody Fists will cause the rune to disappear, and after a number of switches it stops appearing at all.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > The Misc