Round Robin - All Pokemon Only - Doubles 4v4 0 0%
Round Robin - Triples 6v6 (Say BW or All) 1 6.67%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-11-2011, 04:46 PM   #51
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon87 View Post
You're going to lose people either way. Some of you will NOT want to run a team of six new creatures while some of you won't have to abandon your old friends because they were underleveled to begin with. For starters, there's at least one person here who is very partial to his dragons and will NOT want to be told, "Level 50, biatch. Either you re-raise them or else you don't get to use them. And lol too bad so sad if you wanted to use dragons! " Seeing as he's the person running the show, you may already be fighting a losing fight for Level 50s, Kind.

I dunno. A lot of these problems can easily be avoided with a P-O tourney. Perhaps the best option would be to run a P-O tourney for 6v6 singles and a gimmick tourney (like 3v3 or all Lvl 50s) for the DS tourney. Have two tourneys, basically: one that isn't malfunctional for 6v6 singles and one that appears to be so.

Uh, WTF are you talking about, Talon? I'm one of Lv100's biggest suporters, especially as all my EV trained pokemon are ~Lv71.
People should watch what they enjoy regardless of what others think, even if it's a terribad guilty pleasure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppleganger View Post
Though, I also dislike the concept of lamenting the current day while wishing to re-experience the past. At least, my modern attitude is to try and make each new day magical even if it's not, since exclusively reminiscing about the past is too pathetic.
Kindrindra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 05:35 PM   #52
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kindrindra View Post
Uh, WTF are you talking about, Talon? I'm one of Lv100's biggest suporters, especially as all my EV trained pokemon are ~Lv71.
Tell me this doesn't sound like you whining about raising things to Level 100:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kindrindra View Post
You do realize that means you have to train your mon to Lv100, right?
Otherwise, to use your own language, WTF were you talking about when you replied to Firewater? Sounded to me like he was saying he was all for 6v6 Level 100 and then you asked if he realized the implications of what 6v6 Level 100 meant. One does not ordinarily use language like "DO YOU KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS? D:" unless one thinks it is a bad idea.
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 05:47 PM   #53
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

Quote:
Tell me this doesn't sound like you whining about raising things to Level 100:

Otherwise, to use your own language, WTF were you talking about when you replied to Firewater? Sounded to me like he was saying he was all for 6v6 Level 100 and then you asked if he realized the implications of what 6v6 Level 100 meant. One does not ordinarily use language like "DO YOU KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS? D:" unless one thinks it is a bad idea.

He was saying he didn't mind Lv50 or Lv100. The way he phrased it, it sounded to me like he was saying he didn't mind whether he minded the pokemon being scaled to Lv50 or Lv100, and I was making sure that he understood what was going on. I was simply making sure he was informed. Because, ya know, it's nice to not be surprised when everyone goes "What? This is what we were talking about, not that."
As you can likely guess, that quote has happened to me numerous times.

And, look over my post again. No 'D:', no '!' at the end, no caps lock. Nope, doesn't sound like whining to me. Sounds like a QUESTION. Which is what it is.
People should watch what they enjoy regardless of what others think, even if it's a terribad guilty pleasure.
Quote:
Though, I also dislike the concept of lamenting the current day while wishing to re-experience the past. At least, my modern attitude is to try and make each new day magical even if it's not, since exclusively reminiscing about the past is too pathetic.
Old 04-11-2011, 06:21 PM   #54
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Hyperbole. Look it up.

Like I said, even fielding the question "Do you realize what that means?" makes you sound like an alarmist. What is there to be alarmed about? Logic dictates the only thing you possibly could be alarmed about in that post was the prospect of not having auto-leveling on hand. Sorry if I misread your intent, but maybe instead of blaming me for reading what you wrote you should try explaining yourself better next time. If you don't say it, I can't know it. It's what you write that I have to go off of, nothing else.

If everyone's cool with leveling their squads up to Level 100, then that's good for you guys. The only problem I foresee with that is you'll lock in your EVs by doing that, i.e. you'll not be able to use EV-lowering berries in the future to try and retain the same monsters (with the same sexy and very-hard-to-breed-for IVs) but for use in different generations with different movesets or playstyles. If this doesn't matter to you, then that's great.
Old 04-11-2011, 07:14 PM   #55
Loki
The Path of Now & Forever

I didn't lose Salamence :p

But overall, there's a lot of restrictions by place a level 50 cap including Legends with higher level moves it can't learn outside (as legends can't be bred) and Legends who are obtained at levels higher than 50. If I'm going to unban legends, placing a regular level cap to soft ban them will be just as bad. In addition, anyone who overlevels ends up banning their Pokemon, especially since we can't de-level in Pokemon.

While a level 100 cap will lock Pokemon in EVs, it is already fairly difficult to redo them entirely and change all their moves and such, you may as well breed a new one. If I re-EV'd my Swampert, it wouldn't really be able to change from a tank to a CB attacker because of it's nature limiting it's damage potential.

P-O is a whole "You got Black/White. Why aren't you using it?" Fuck P-O. If you want a P-O tourney, do it yourself.

Last edited by Loki; 04-11-2011 at 07:16 PM.
Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 08:12 PM   #56
Weebos
TOO SLOW! LOL

Send a message via AIM to Weebos Send a message via MSN to Weebos
For the record, apparently level 100 doesn't lock EVs anymore. The problem however is that EV depletion berries are scarce in 5th gen, but that should theoretically change with the onset of Dream World.

Quick google search lol forum source.

Trainer Level 5 - KOs:106 TP:274.5 SP:7.5 C+ Referee
Fighting Gym Leader
39 - 23 - 13

Last edited by Weebos; 04-11-2011 at 08:23 PM.
Weebos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 09:11 PM   #57
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weebos View Post
For the record, apparently level 100 doesn't lock EVs anymore. The problem however is that EV depletion berries are scarce in 5th gen, but that should theoretically change with the onset of Dream World.

Quick google search lol forum source.
That's pretty cool if that's true. It would certainly re-encourage me to do something I've not done since Gen 2: raise my complete squad to Level 100. They're all hanging out between 79 and 93 and it's because I don't want them to hit 100 and get EV-locked. Pretty cool that EV-locking may be a complete thing of the past.
Old 04-11-2011, 09:48 PM   #58
Firewater
Volcano Badge

Send a message via Skype™ to Firewater
on the Lv.50 thing, I've read that all pokemon are either raised to Lv.50 or dropped to it, so wouldn't that fix the problem about accessability? Granted, Lv.100 is better, but 50 is an option.

edit- also, legend ban is dumb, I mean, who cares if anyone hacks or whatever, so long as whatever they use to fight is legal (no illegal movesets/extra EV's, ect. it should be fine)

Last edited by Firewater; 04-11-2011 at 09:52 PM.
Firewater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 10:07 PM   #59
Weebos
TOO SLOW! LOL

Send a message via AIM to Weebos Send a message via MSN to Weebos
I would be okay with every pokemon, I would be okay with no ubers, and I would be somewhat okay with no legends.
Taking into account recent everythings I'd probably throw my lot behind
6 v 6
Singles
lvl 100
all pokemon

With the rest of the clauses in the first post. I'm not too keen on the Item clause but I understand that its relatively standard.

Trainer Level 5 - KOs:106 TP:274.5 SP:7.5 C+ Referee
Fighting Gym Leader
39 - 23 - 13
Weebos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 01:31 AM   #60
Selena
Aroma Lady

As for EV-locking, you don't anymore. The catch is that you have to use items that only raise an EV by one...

B- grade ref.
Quote:
Originally Posted by empoleon dynamite View Post
Shouldn’t the Hoff be doing something if he’s still around? I have strict rules about leaving the pool, and I’m sure vanishing the pool out of existence breaks those rules in some way :P
Selena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 11:45 AM   #61
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firewater View Post
on the Lv.50 thing, I've read that all pokemon are either raised to Lv.50 or dropped to it, so wouldn't that fix the problem about accessability? Granted, Lv.100 is better, but 50 is an option.

edit- also, legend ban is dumb, I mean, who cares if anyone hacks or whatever, so long as whatever they use to fight is legal (no illegal movesets/extra EV's, ect. it should be fine)
No, the being raised/dropped only applies to the Battle Subway, and being only dropped only applies to flat battles, for which you can only do 'bring 6, choose 3' (for singles. Doubles are choose 4, and Triples are choose all 6).

Quote:
Sorry if I misread your intent, but maybe instead of blaming me for reading what you wrote you should try explaining yourself better next time. If you don't say it, I can't know it. It's what you write that I have to go off of, nothing else.
True, I could of explained it better.

Anyway, as people say, EV Locking doesn't exist any more, thanks to the creation of the EV Wings. Also, all pokemon are pretty much EV Locked from the start (for now), as EV Reducing berries don't EXIST. Well, they're in the game. You just can't get them. However, it's likely they will be obtainable in the DW, which comes out... Tommorow?
Quote:
Old 04-12-2011, 11:49 AM   #62
Selena
Aroma Lady

Yup tomorrow, unless there is another EQ or the nuclear plant blows up.

B- grade ref.
Quote:
Shouldn’t the Hoff be doing something if he’s still around? I have strict rules about leaving the pool, and I’m sure vanishing the pool out of existence breaks those rules in some way :P
Old 04-12-2011, 01:29 PM   #63
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

Quote:
Originally Posted by milotic111 View Post
Yup tomorrow, unless there is another EQ or the nuclear plant blows up.
Oh, wait. It's up NOW. Nice.
Quote:
Old 04-12-2011, 01:40 PM   #64
Talon87
時の彼方へ

That's probably because it already IS tomorrow in Japan.
Old 04-12-2011, 01:57 PM   #65
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

Quote:
That's probably because it already IS tomorrow in Japan.
True, that.

The one time time zones are my friend. :P
Quote:
Old 04-17-2011, 09:25 AM   #66
Selena
Aroma Lady

OK, entralink double experience power is AMAZING, combined with lucky egg you still get 15000 exp from each of the E4's pokemon at level 90.

B- grade ref.
Quote:
Old 04-18-2011, 10:28 AM   #67
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

Quote:
OK, entralink double experience power is AMAZING, combined with lucky egg you still get 15000 exp from each of the E4's pokemon at level 90.
Think that's good?

Try Triple EXP power.
Quote:
Old 04-18-2011, 10:36 AM   #68
Selena
Aroma Lady

There isn't triple exp. power. The +++ version does times 2, which combined with lucky egg gives times 3. Also I used the exp power given in missions cause they last an hour instead of three minutes.

Still times 2 or times 3 it just took 2 hours to level my whole team to level 100 from 75.

B- grade ref.
Quote:
Old 04-18-2011, 04:55 PM   #69
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

Quote:
There isn't triple exp. power. The +++ version does times 2, which combined with lucky egg gives times 3. Also I used the exp power given in missions cause they last an hour instead of three minutes.

Still times 2 or times 3 it just took 2 hours to level my whole team to level 100 from 75.
Yeah, I was talking about +++ w/ EXP Power MAX.
Quote:
Old 04-27-2011, 06:32 PM   #70
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

So, about that Dream World ability ban...
Quote:
Old 04-27-2011, 08:51 PM   #71
Loki

DW abilities still have enough considerably OP abilities to warrant to keep it banned.

Speed Boost Blaziken, Drizzle Politoed + Swift Swimmers, etc.

Add in the fact that I would have to watch for illegal moves with DW abilities (i.e. Poison Heal Gliscor with SR), it makes for a big pain in my ass when reviewing all the replay videos.
Old 04-27-2011, 09:48 PM   #72
ZoraJolteon
BBCode Master

Speed Boost Blaziken is overpowered. The logical solution is to ban all Fire types.

Superior Christmas Banner is Superior.
Also still looking for ref with brain, although not just now due to Tyranidos running in fear.
ZoraJolteon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 11:02 PM   #73
Loki

You all heard it from ZJ. He said ban all fire types. No more fire types.
Old 04-28-2011, 02:18 PM   #74
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

If I could figure out how to post the image in your sig, I would.
Quote:
Old 04-28-2011, 02:40 PM   #75
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Speed Boost Blaziken dies to pretty much anything that (a) has Focus Sash and STAB that he's weak against or (b) anything that resists both of his STABs since all he's got is the Speed Boost, not a boost to his attack stats. (No Band or Specs since he usually chooses to Protect on the first turn he's out in order to ensure he outraces whatever comes at him next.) He's good, but he's not uber and he's definitely not banworthy.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON