UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON

Old 07-21-2016, 08:50 AM   #201
phoopes
Double Dragon

Went on my first big Pokemon hunt last night with friends at the local "it" spot and it proved to be very fruitful. The Rainer trick worked for me to get Vaporeon, which was my first ever 1000+ CP Pokemon. Also was able to catch some missing stuff from my Pokedex like Gastly, Seel, and even found a wild Vileplume (CP 34 though LAME). Also hatched a Magnemite and got a much stronger Beedrill than the one I already had!
Old 07-21-2016, 08:59 AM   #202
Zelphon
Caffeinated

Send a message via Skype™ to Zelphon
So like, is only Gen 1 available?

Zelphon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 09:26 AM   #203
Shuckle
Problematic Fave

Yep! Just the OG 150.
Old 07-21-2016, 11:06 AM   #204
phoopes
Double Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuckle View Post
Yep! Just the OG 150.
Excluding legendaries and Ditto. So 145 is the magic number to catch 'em all I guess. Because all reported sightings of the legendary birds, Mew, and Mewtwo have all been hoaxes from what I've seen. And then I don't think Ditto is even in the source code if what I heard is correct.
Old 07-21-2016, 11:10 AM   #205
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Wait, wha? O-o Why would they not put Ditto in? It's not like Transform is that hard to code ...
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 11:11 AM   #206
phoopes
Double Dragon

It's a secret to everybody.
Old 07-21-2016, 06:49 PM   #207
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

OK, that's three down, and just 397 more Magikarp Candy and one decently powerful Magikarp to go. Just caught me my first Magikarp, add that to the list of Water-types inexplicably showing up in my house.
Old 07-21-2016, 07:57 PM   #208
rotomotorz
Think ye can take me?

Was walking around the big lake with a lot of Pokestops catching Magikarp when I heard the unmistakable cry of "Holy shit there's a Gyarados!" THen grouped up with a bunch of non-Valors to take down a 2500 Drgaonite defending a nearby gym, now equipped with a Gyarados.

Today was a good day
{======|_|""T""|_|""r""|_|""a""|_|""i""|_|""n""|
/o--000'"`-0-0-'"`-0-0-'"`-0-0-'"`-0-0-'"`-0-0-'
Squad Summary

rotomotorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 09:12 PM   #209
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Just found out my brother went for Team Valor as well.
Old 07-22-2016, 01:12 AM   #210
Loki
The Path of Now & Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon87 View Post
Loki's post is the first I have heard of anyone saying it doesn't work. Tons of people online have reported it worked for them, and one of my coworkers when I asked him confirmed that it had worked for him as well. Perhaps people are getting the spelling wrong in some instances? Perhaps it's case sensitive? Dunno. Don't have the game, can't verify for myself.
Hmmm. It's likely linked to the Pokedex. My friend already had Flareon and couldn't get another one with the nickname "Pyro," ending up with a Jolteon (he was trying to get a different charge move).

Anyway, today my friends and I got together and took 2 gyms and leveled up 4 others to hold our Pokemon before we collected our coins. It was probably the most fun I've had involving the gym system thus far. Being alone trying to open a slot or taking down a gym gets really tedious and your limited Revives and Potions can really ruin you whole time. The tiny EXP is also a big turn off. Having a larger collection of Pokemon though definitely makes gym taking much easier. My current problem is that the bulk of my good Pokemon are all Water type (Vaporeon, Starmie, and Blastoise being some of my best 'mon) and I end up getting blocked by most Grass types. I really need a good Fire or Electric type to help round out my current roster.
Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 01:54 AM   #211
deoxys
Fog Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelphon View Post
So like, is only Gen 1 available?
For now. Niantic has already confirmed they intend to work all Pokemon into the game but wanted to start back to the basics.
deoxys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 01:30 PM   #212
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Started off my walk this morning by finding and catching a Squirtle right in front of my house. Only took one ball, too. I hoped that would be a sign of things to come, and it certainly was! FINALLY sorted out the GPS issues somehow that my phone was having- I now have no trouble being within range of both nearby PokéSpots at once, I was raking in the Poké Balls! Also hatched an Egg- got a Cubone out of this one. And 14 Cubone Candy! Holy crap! 14! I've gotten, like, 9 Candy from hatching an Egg, but this! Wow! Also caught some stuff- a Spearow, a Pidgey, and my first ever Pikachu. And a Rattata- would've been two Rattata total today, but the second one broke out of the thrown ball and ran away. Didn't get to level up today, but I made some damn good progress- more than halfway to level 10!

EDIT: OK! Sudden random wild Tauros in my house, stronger than the Tauros I had before, getting caught with just one ball! No complaints there!

Last edited by Missingno. Master; 07-22-2016 at 01:39 PM.
Missingno. Master is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 02:07 PM   #213
Zelphon
Caffeinated

Send a message via Skype™ to Zelphon
So, some guy got in an accident in my area because he was checking his pokemon GO while driving.

Zelphon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 08:50 PM   #214
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Just hit level 10!
Old 07-23-2016, 03:22 AM   #215
Escalion
Getting married! :D

Send a message via Skype™ to Escalion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missingno. Master View Post
Just hit level 10!
I just hit level 12 by catching a Venomoth. Didn't have that one yet so it pushed me over the limit. It's weak af though, all of my Venonat have a higher CP.

Also, I don't get why Weedle of Pokémon are so troublesome to catch. I regularly waste 2-3 balls before I catch them. Much rarer and higher CP Pokémon give me less trouble :/
Old 07-23-2016, 03:31 AM   #216
Snorby
Snackin'

Zubat is a problem child in that regard for me.

Click on Fawful for my ASB squad summary. Other links coming soon.
Snorby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2016, 04:37 AM   #217
Torkoal Stu
This

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoopes View Post
Excluding legendaries and Ditto. So 145 is the magic number to catch 'em all I guess. Because all reported sightings of the legendary birds, Mew, and Mewtwo have all been hoaxes from what I've seen. And then I don't think Ditto is even in the source code if what I heard is correct.
Ditto has been confirmed to be in the Code but just unavailable, potentially indefinitely. Wasn't there that video with someone who made one appear but it then freezes the game?

As for the Legendries the trailer showed that all out battle with Mewtwo in Times Square, so that is kind of all the confirmation you need of how they are going to release the legendaries.

My Pokémon Go adventure is progressing slowly. I see to have quite a limited pool of Pokémon in the area I live in so need to venture out further soon I think xd;
Torkoal Stu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2016, 08:56 AM   #218
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Escalion View Post
I just hit level 12 by catching a Venomoth. Didn't have that one yet so it pushed me over the limit. It's weak af though, all of my Venonat have a higher CP.

Also, I don't get why Weedle of Pokémon are so troublesome to catch. I regularly waste 2-3 balls before I catch them. Much rarer and higher CP Pokémon give me less trouble :/
I have more trouble finding Weedle than catching them. I've gotten more Weedle by hatching Eggs than by catching them. But yeah, I've had Pokémon like that. Had to run from a Pidgeotto the other day because I was about to run out of Poké Balls, and I've had Drowzee that gave me a hard time. And then there was a Bellsprout the other day that took three or four balls to catch (wasn't giving up on that one, though- two top wants of mine in this are Weezing and Victreebel, so any shot at Bellsprout Candy, I'm taking it!).

And don't get me started on the stuff that runs away. I've had this happen twice- once with a Squirtle, and once with a freaking Rattata.
Old 07-23-2016, 11:04 AM   #219
rotomotorz
Think ye can take me?

Yeah these annoying 250 pidgeys keep escaping and wasting balls, but the 350 ones obediently sit
{======|_|""T""|_|""r""|_|""a""|_|""i""|_|""n""|
/o--000'"`-0-0-'"`-0-0-'"`-0-0-'"`-0-0-'"`-0-0-'
Squad Summary

Old 07-23-2016, 11:22 AM   #220
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

Send a message via Skype™ to Ironthunder
tbh I think what gives me a hard time with Weedle is the size. I feel like the target area to get the Pokeball into is a lot smaller than it is for say, Pidgey or Rattata.
Old 07-23-2016, 11:59 AM   #221
gmoyes
Thunder Badge

Send a message via Skype™ to gmoyes
Morgan Freeman plays GO.
gmoyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2016, 12:26 PM   #222
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Well, today went pretty well! Two PokéStops. Two Lure Modules. One Lucky Egg. One half hour to spare. It all adds up to level 11, and less than 2,000 experience points away from level 12! Also had my first experience with wild Weedle that run away, however. Hatched a Ponyta, too. And, I finally, FINALLY, caught a Caterpie! It took me until level freaking 10 to find one! Evolved some other stuff I'd been saving up when I used that Lucky Egg- a Zubat, several Pidgey, a Rattata, a Weedle or two... Helped, of course, by all the stuff I caught at said Lure Module'd PokéStops. Oh, yeah, also got a Psyduck for the first time. Could really use some Koffing, though...
Old 07-23-2016, 01:44 PM   #223
Escalion
Getting married! :D

Send a message via Skype™ to Escalion
With all the Pokémon and Candy I have ready I'll be needing both my Lucky Eggs XD
I'll be evolving 30-40 Pokémon, possibly more cause I just don't have the time to do this where I want to, which is the one spot in town where 2 PokéStops somewhat close together. 2 Lure's there should bring me some new Pokémon too which I really want. The only things that regularly spawn at my house are Weedle, Rattata and Pidgey... And in the wider area of my neighbourhood it's not much better than that.
Old 07-23-2016, 05:39 PM   #224
rotomotorz
Think ye can take me?

From 21 to 22 takes 75,000 exp. God
Old 07-23-2016, 05:44 PM   #225
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

Send a message via Skype™ to DaveTheFishGuy
Got my new phone yesterday, and hence Go. Went on a three-hour excursion with my pal up to the local park, where he set up a lure and we chilled for a bit. Then kept going - he took over a Gym, which I then sent a shitty CP100-odd Raticate into for coin, then we hit like 6 Pokéstops on the half-mile walk up to another park, which had another five stops in/around it, so we basically did laps of the park while the stops refreshed. Stuck around for two lures, during which I caught a Squirtle and got a fuckton of eggs. By the end I was Level 7.

There was a guy riding around on a collapsible bike in an Instinct T-shirt and cap. What a legend.
DaveTheFishGuy is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON