UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out > Hall of Records

Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2021, 01:47 PM   #126
Lil'twick
Insanity

Send a message via Skype™ to Lil'twick
Grassyglide-

As they say, defense is the best offense. Wisewoods begins by using a Confuse Ray on the Dusknoir, causing the reaper to become enraged. In its confusion, it begins to attack at random, eventually ending up hitting itself. This was a good thing because it allows Wisewood to set up a Double Team around the Dusknoir.

Meanwhile, Silver continues with support by creating a Safeguard around himself and Wisewoods. No pesky status conditions! After all, it was the bane of stall. The butterfly then continues by giving the Dusknoir a Draining Kiss. While the texture felt weird to the bug-type, it manages to heal up a good amount of the damage that it took that round.

With that all said and done, the Dusknoir begins to attack once more. It seems the vengeful spirit was waiting for you to end your setup. If it couldn't hit you then, then it'll certainly try now. Through its Confusion, it summons a portal above your Pokemon. Jagged rocks then begin to rain from the sky, the Rock Slide slamming into both Wisewoods and Silver for a lot of damage. This ghost was out for blood, and even with it taking more Toxic poison it doesn't look like it's giving up.

What do you do?

Dragons-

The Battle Tower. A place of excitement and thrills! Filled with hopeful trainers hoping to fight the Tower Tycoon, they had to fight through ten grueling floors of the tower. There were rumors about the tycoon, with them having a partner created by the Aether Foundation. Though, it was only a rumor, since most trainers barely made it to the top. Those who did, however, tend to keep the Tycoon's identity a secret.

Scanning the room, you see a variety of trainers with all kinds of Pokemon. Most of them seem to be doing warm-ups for the challenge ahead. After all, if they aren't prepared mentally and physically, they won't make it far. Though, despite the myriad amount of trainers, most of them seemed to ignore you. Everyone here saw each other as a potential rival, in terms of who can make it the farthest.

With most of the crowd ignoring you, you end up making your way up to the desk. There, you see a receptionist smiling at you. She had light, blonde hair and was wearing a black business suit.

"Hello sir, welcome to Fizzytopia's Battle Tower! If you're here for a challenge today, you can register with me. Please tell me your name, a team of six Pokemon, and whether you would like to partake in singles or doubles," she tells you with a cheerful grin.

How do you respond?

I fill my lungs with everything
You want someone that I can't be
You say it's insanity, but
I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Old 10-06-2021, 06:08 PM   #127
grassyglide
Cascade Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil'twick View Post
Grassyglide-

As they say, defense is the best offense. Wisewoods begins by using a Confuse Ray on the Dusknoir, causing the reaper to become enraged. In its confusion, it begins to attack at random, eventually ending up hitting itself. This was a good thing because it allows Wisewood to set up a Double Team around the Dusknoir.

Meanwhile, Silver continues with support by creating a Safeguard around himself and Wisewoods. No pesky status conditions! After all, it was the bane of stall. The butterfly then continues by giving the Dusknoir a Draining Kiss. While the texture felt weird to the bug-type, it manages to heal up a good amount of the damage that it took that round.

With that all said and done, the Dusknoir begins to attack once more. It seems the vengeful spirit was waiting for you to end your setup. If it couldn't hit you then, then it'll certainly try now. Through its Confusion, it summons a portal above your Pokemon. Jagged rocks then begin to rain from the sky, the Rock Slide slamming into both Wisewoods and Silver for a lot of damage. This ghost was out for blood, and even with it taking more Toxic poison it doesn't look like it's giving up.

What do you do?

Ouch.

That was probably an underreaction to Wisewoods and Silver getting hit with the rocks. Yet, the two were still in this fight. Speaking of which, it was time to go on the offensive. Argyle's team had done the defensive preparations they could've, now all they could do was hope to outlast the ghost towering before them.

"Wisewoods, let's sucker punch the reaper then try to heal some health up with a giga drain," Argyle said, "Silver, you hit him with a Hurricane and then protect yourself from his attack."

That would not be enough to take down the behemoth but it would hopefully make a dent. With the poison working slowly, perhaps victory was not so inconceivable after all. Then again, did Argyle really have the option to fail? Not for Charlotte's sake. Not for the souls of the graveyard's sake. So, whatever it took he and his Pokemon would fight with all they had.

Old 10-10-2021, 09:15 AM   #128
Lil'twick
Insanity

Grassyglide-

You hoped, that with orders you had given your team, would at least make another dent into the Dusknoir. There was a lot more at stake here than just a simple battle. A battle for Charlotte, the girl whose soul got twisted and warped by her father's actions. The drowned spirits in the graveyard, forever wandering a watery grave. All to stave off a deranged man, whose hatred warped him into a monstrosity.

And so, your team fought. Wisewoods, immediately anticipating an attack from the large ghost, feints a punch. He then slams his talon, filled with dark energy, into the bulky monster. The Sucker Punch was effective, as you see the Dusknoir act a little surprised from the attack. So much so, that the Dusknoir ends up hitting itself again in confusion with its own attack.

This sets up the perfect opportunity for Silver. The Vivillon begins to whip up galeforce winds with its wings. It manages to pull in loose souls flying around the area, them wailing out in pain from the corruption within. It then beats out the Hurricane, ensnaring the Dusknoir with powerful winds.

And with the snare set, Wisewoods begins to drain the foe's life force. At a giga amount of power, the drain siphons out a ton of it, dealing great damage. You begin to see your owl become more revitalized, his wounds healing up and cloak glimmering. Yet, he looks shocked once the Hurricane ends.

You see it as well, seeing the Dusknoir having disappeared entirely. Was it also using Phantom Force, like the Trevenant beforehand? Seems like these ghosts were resorting to the same tactics. Well, at least you knew how to deal with it this time.

What do you do?

I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Old 10-16-2021, 10:20 AM   #129
grassyglide
Cascade Badge

Quote:
Grassyglide-

You hoped, that with orders you had given your team, would at least make another dent into the Dusknoir. There was a lot more at stake here than just a simple battle. A battle for Charlotte, the girl whose soul got twisted and warped by her father's actions. The drowned spirits in the graveyard, forever wandering a watery grave. All to stave off a deranged man, whose hatred warped him into a monstrosity.

And so, your team fought. Wisewoods, immediately anticipating an attack from the large ghost, feints a punch. He then slams his talon, filled with dark energy, into the bulky monster. The Sucker Punch was effective, as you see the Dusknoir act a little surprised from the attack. So much so, that the Dusknoir ends up hitting itself again in confusion with its own attack.

This sets up the perfect opportunity for Silver. The Vivillon begins to whip up galeforce winds with its wings. It manages to pull in loose souls flying around the area, them wailing out in pain from the corruption within. It then beats out the Hurricane, ensnaring the Dusknoir with powerful winds.

And with the snare set, Wisewoods begins to drain the foe's life force. At a giga amount of power, the drain siphons out a ton of it, dealing great damage. You begin to see your owl become more revitalized, his wounds healing up and cloak glimmering. Yet, he looks shocked once the Hurricane ends.

You see it as well, seeing the Dusknoir having disappeared entirely. Was it also using Phantom Force, like the Trevenant beforehand? Seems like these ghosts were resorting to the same tactics. Well, at least you knew how to deal with it this time.

What do you do?

A Sucker Punch.

An enraged Dusknoir hitting itself in confusion.

A powerful Hurricane.

Some life drain via a Giga Drain.

Things were going according to plan! Was the light at the end of the tunnel becoming visible? Could Argyle finally start to ease up? He just had to wait for the dust to settle from the Hurricane. So, wait he did. Of course it wasn't a long wait. It was actually on the scale of milliseconds. Anyway, once the dust settled, the same expression of shock appeared on Silver, Wisewoods and Argyle: the Dusknoir had vanished.

This felt eerily familiar. It was only minutes earlier when the Trevenant had pulled off a similar trick. The first time, the entire team was taken by fearful surprise, but now Argyle was more comfortable with this situation.

"Wisewoods, Silver, the Dusknoir can appear anywhere and strike so be extra on guard. To help, Wisewoods, let's create a Double Team. It'll help confound him when he appears. Once he appears get ready to fire off a Leaf Blade. And Silver use this opportunity to heal up using Roost. Being stagnant might draw the Dusknoir onto you if Wisewoods Double Team fails to confuse it enough, so be ready to anticipate an attack. Then fire off an Icy Wind."

Argyle hoped that this round wound go just as well as the previous one...
Old 10-18-2021, 04:50 PM   #130
sixdragons_in_atrenchcoat
Thunder Badge

Quote:
Dragons-

The Battle Tower. A place of excitement and thrills! Filled with hopeful trainers hoping to fight the Tower Tycoon, they had to fight through ten grueling floors of the tower. There were rumors about the tycoon, with them having a partner created by the Aether Foundation. Though, it was only a rumor, since most trainers barely made it to the top. Those who did, however, tend to keep the Tycoon's identity a secret.

Scanning the room, you see a variety of trainers with all kinds of Pokemon. Most of them seem to be doing warm-ups for the challenge ahead. After all, if they aren't prepared mentally and physically, they won't make it far. Though, despite the myriad amount of trainers, most of them seemed to ignore you. Everyone here saw each other as a potential rival, in terms of who can make it the farthest.

With most of the crowd ignoring you, you end up making your way up to the desk. There, you see a receptionist smiling at you. She had light, blonde hair and was wearing a black business suit.

"Hello sir, welcome to Fizzytopia's Battle Tower! If you're here for a challenge today, you can register with me. Please tell me your name, a team of six Pokemon, and whether you would like to partake in singles or doubles," she tells you with a cheerful grin.

How do you respond?
Dracen stood slack-jawed in awe at the entrance of the Battle Tower.

"Wow..." he breathed softly. It was huge, and filled to the brim with powerful Trainers! Everywhere he looked, a strong team of Pokemon or a mysterious-looking Trainer was gathering strength for the battles ahead. Unconcerned with being ignored, he stared brazenly around the room as he walked slowly up to the front desk. He was so busy gazing around at everything around him that it took him a moment to realize the receptionist was speaking to him. He jumped and turned to face her with an apologetic smile.

"Sorry, sorry! This place is just so cool... My name is Dracen, the Dragon Master! I'm here to take part in Doubles battles, and my Pokemon are-" He paused, thinking. He knew a few of the ones he wanted to bring, but he hadn't decided on the last two. He unclipped a homemade Pokeball, two regular Pokeballs, and a Cherish Ball from his belt, then after a moment of indecision, grabbed another Pokeball and a Team Rocket Ball. He placed these on the desk one by one, declaring each in turn:
"My starter, Gible!"
"My Sizzlipede, Myris!"
"My Axew, Asta!"
"My Dreepy, Mimsy!"
"My Krabby, Saatus!"
"My Honedge!"

He thought guiltily of the Pokemon he was leaving out. You'll have your chances, guys, don't worry. Odo, Trouble, Goop Dogg, Druddigon... He patted one of the Pokeballs left on his belt. Cheer on our team, alright? Give 'em all your energy!

Cy, Bug Trainer

FB Profile
Old 10-21-2021, 10:23 AM   #131
Lil'twick
Insanity

grassy-

Knowing full well what this ghost's trick was, you command your owl and butterfly to prepare for it. The Alolan Pokemon further raises its evasiveness as even more shady bird clones appear. While this is happening, Silver touches down onto the ground, roosting on the floor for some much-needed rest and rejuvenation. While these two heal up, you keep a watchful eye out. It could reappear and strike at any time, and you were prepared.

Well... Mostly. An ear-piercing shriek echoes through the room as you see a pink body flung into the center of the room. Horrified, you turn your head to see the Dusknoir floating where Charlotte once was. You then turned back to the Frillish, who looked limp on the floor. Did... Did he just... Did he really just...? That monster.

Yet, this was no time to sit in silence. No, if that man really just did that. He needed to pay. To both avenge Charlotte, but all of the other spirits here that were suffering due to that man's actions. Wisewood blinked before your eyes, his leaf blade cutting through the overgrown spirit. It was then followed by Silver's cold winds, the icy chill slowing down the towering behemoth.

And then it moved and examined the room. Its eye was horrifying, a piercing, unnerving gaze that was examining the entire room. It was confused no more, and in its clarity, it was ready to consume all. Its first target was already in sight, as you helpless watched as it floated past your Pokemon. Instead, it picked up the Frillish from the middle of the room, stared you directly in the eye with a Mean Look, and shoved it into the gaping maw within its stomach. And then it closed.

How do you respond?

Dragons-

"Thank you!" The receptionist responded back to you, seeming a little confused by your squad choice for your self-proclaimed title.

"Alright, right this way please," she stated, opening a little latch next to her as you went in. She sequestered the rest of the pokemon on you, to prevent any sort of cheating mid-match. You were told they would be returned to you once your run was over.

The woman then opens a door from behind her, and you are told to be let in. Another person was waiting for you and led you through the hallway. The place was so futuristic, and bright, that all you could see was the shining lights. There was no conversation made here, and the silence only added to this creeping sense of trepidation.

The figure then stopped, and let you into another room. There, a trainer was already waiting. A kid who looked like a standard fair Hoenn youngster, eyes filled with determination.

"Rules are simple! This is the doubles arena. You can select four out of your six chosen Pokemon. All Pokemon will be classified as Level 50 for this battle. Once you have selected your team, please give the two you have not selected to me," you hear the referee speak up, standing next to the battlefield.

The kid made his way to the ref and dropped off two Pokeballs. He then returned to his side of the field, ready for a fight.

"Game on!"

What do you do?

I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Old 10-28-2021, 08:23 PM   #132
Meetan
Soul Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof.Enigma View Post
[CENTER]
Neon East
As you walk up the stairs from the dark underground subway, give your eyes a minute to adjust to the bright pulsating lights of Neon East. This futuristic district looks like something from a page of cyberpunk fiction, blocks covered in flashing billboards and holographic signage that blanket your field of vision; it’s said on a clear night the glow of its colorful multi-storey shops and arcades are visible all the way from the high-rise balconies of downtown! With unparalleled nightlife and entertainment, Neon East is a thrilling location to visit, as well as an interesting and vibrant place to live for those of means.

Sparkling Strip: You’ve heard New Fizz is the city that never sleeps, now meet the venues that are keeping residents up. If you’re looking for a night on the town Sparkling Strip is the place to be, from glitzy rooftop bars with swimming pools to underground raves which go on until sunrise, there’s a scene for every style. Pokemon are usually only allowed out in VIP areas, so you’ll need to rub shoulders with the right crowd if you want access to this privilege.​
Spoiler: show

It felt like an age since Alice had set foot into New Fizz City. The last time she had really spent time in it, it had merely been to jump into a time vortex to an age long past – and then fight God itself, actually. In fact, the grown idol had practically avoided the place except for when was necessary, hiding out in her Cloud Garden base or taking work elsewhere when she was interested in it or called on. Now, though, she was back – and she'd definitely missed it.

Stylish black lace-up boots thudded heavily on every step out of the subway, lithe fingers curling near her forehead as she found a spot out of the way to admire the new scenery. Most of her time in Fizzytopia had been spent taking on grand enemies or severe missions off the beaten paths or at the behest of gym leaders and governments. She'd never visited the famed Sparkling Strip of Neon East before and it certainly didn't disappoint. It was as glitzy and glamorous as all of the photographs and articles made it sound. Many establishments had bouncers and queues well out of the door. There were plenty of attractive people handing out flyers but the legendaries knew that these places probably didn't need them.

“Miiiimeeee.” The shiny breathed admiringly, youthful eyes absorbing all of the images and energy that she could. It was true that Pokemon weren't usually allowed out of their balls in these places but since day one in the world of monsters, Alice had tried not to go anywhere alone. Her perch was a bit more uncomfortable than usual given her human's attire: the black jacket worn over the halter-neck was soft, but the bustier top mostly consisted of glittering gemstones all pressed together and the texture wasn't exactly pleasant. Between the choice of top and the pleated leather mini-skirt, one would be forgiven for wondering if she might freeze to death. The warmer months were long gone now.

“I know, right?” Alice dropped her other hand, hoisting her black bag better over one shoulder. She hadn't come with a plan in mind beyond maybe wandering over towards the Lab, just to see if it was open and to get a sense of its location for later. Right now, though, she fancied some good grub and entertainment – and if she could not find it, as an idol and renowned heroine of the world, she'd just make it. “Shall we go and see what's up, then?”

Her sparkling companion chimed her agreement and with that, the duo set off down the street to soak up the sights and see what trouble awaited them. After all, when it came to Fizzytopia, they rarely found anything wholesomely good.
Old 10-30-2021, 11:42 AM   #133
grassyglide
Cascade Badge

Quote:
grassy-

Knowing full well what this ghost's trick was, you command your owl and butterfly to prepare for it. The Alolan Pokemon further raises its evasiveness as even more shady bird clones appear. While this is happening, Silver touches down onto the ground, roosting on the floor for some much-needed rest and rejuvenation. While these two heal up, you keep a watchful eye out. It could reappear and strike at any time, and you were prepared.

Well... Mostly. An ear-piercing shriek echoes through the room as you see a pink body flung into the center of the room. Horrified, you turn your head to see the Dusknoir floating where Charlotte once was. You then turned back to the Frillish, who looked limp on the floor. Did... Did he just... Did he really just...? That monster.

Yet, this was no time to sit in silence. No, if that man really just did that. He needed to pay. To both avenge Charlotte, but all of the other spirits here that were suffering due to that man's actions. Wisewood blinked before your eyes, his leaf blade cutting through the overgrown spirit. It was then followed by Silver's cold winds, the icy chill slowing down the towering behemoth.

And then it moved and examined the room. Its eye was horrifying, a piercing, unnerving gaze that was examining the entire room. It was confused no more, and in its clarity, it was ready to consume all. Its first target was already in sight, as you helpless watched as it floated past your Pokemon. Instead, it picked up the Frillish from the middle of the room, stared you directly in the eye with a Mean Look, and shoved it into the gaping maw within its stomach. And then it closed.

How do you respond?

Wisewoods, Silver and Argyle braced themselves for the Dusknoir's impending strike. An eerie silence surrounded them. They waited.

And waited.

What was taking the reaper so...

eeeeeeek

The shriek broke the silence, but it had not come from Wisewoods or Silver. So, who...

Then, they saw the Frillish' body flying across the room. The Dusknoir stood where Charlotte was once was.

"Damn it!" Argyle exclaimed. They were too focused on the battle that they had completely forgotten about Charlotte. Now Charlotte was suffering even more because of that. As if Argyle needed another reason to put a stop to the Dusknoir... However, having a reason and actually getting results were two different things. Wisewoods, Silver, Argyle were all driven to take care of the ghost; however, the reaper was a powerful foe who had yet to succumb despite the confusion, poison and other attacks Argyle's Pokemon had thrown at it.

What's more it seemed to have shaken off the confusion and in its newfound clairty picked up the Frillish and shove it into its maw.

Argyle watched motionless as that unfolded, cursing at himself internally for his inaction. Now what could he do? Was it too late for the Frillish? Would battling the Dusknoir just end up harming the Pokemon inside its maw? Did he have another choice? It didn't look like it... The more the Dusknoir left unchecked, the more it would hurt other spirits in the area. He had to be stopped. Argyle was furious. It was time to let the ghost feel nature's wrath.

"Wisewoods, whip up a Hurricane, Silver pelt it with a Blizzard," Argyle said.
Old 10-31-2021, 07:16 PM   #134
Lil'twick
Insanity

grassyglide-

Feeling yourself well up in anger once more, you order your pokemon once more. You have the owl create hurricane force winds to tear through the Dusknoir. Silver then follows up, his ice-tipped wings pelting it with a Blizzard. This does not please the ghost in the slightest, but it seems like it no longer has interest in what you were planning.

It glares at you, and takes the Frillish within its body out. The ghost jellyfish... was not doing well to say the least. With its singular eye, the cyclops wraith tied its destinity to Charlotte's. And before you could even process the ramifications of the Destiny Bond, you heard a small gleam before the entire room was enveloped in white light.

And then came the BOOM, and the entire mausoleum began to shake. The portal to the spirit realm was ripped open, and was beginning to consume the building. The Dusknoir was no more, having exploded itself to serve as the catalyst to bring this hell onto the mortal plain.

The Frillish, no, Charlotte's body laid limp on the ground. The pink jellyfish look deflated, and was knocked out. Can't kill what's already dead. Next to her was the singed corpse of her father, taking the full ramifications of offering his soul as sacrifice to destroy his so called "bastard" child. Your Pokemon were not doing much better, both of them only barely holding on due to surviving the Dusknoir's Explosion.

With the entire building about to come down, and both the girl you worked so hard to save and your Pokemon were in extremely bad conditions. You only had one choice here, escape. But how? You needed to think fast... Before you were dragged to hell yourself.

What do you do?

I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Old 11-08-2021, 05:01 PM   #135
Thunder Badge

Quote:

Dragons-

"Thank you!" The receptionist responded back to you, seeming a little confused by your squad choice for your self-proclaimed title.

"Alright, right this way please," she stated, opening a little latch next to her as you went in. She sequestered the rest of the pokemon on you, to prevent any sort of cheating mid-match. You were told they would be returned to you once your run was over.

The woman then opens a door from behind her, and you are told to be let in. Another person was waiting for you and led you through the hallway. The place was so futuristic, and bright, that all you could see was the shining lights. There was no conversation made here, and the silence only added to this creeping sense of trepidation.

The figure then stopped, and let you into another room. There, a trainer was already waiting. A kid who looked like a standard fair Hoenn youngster, eyes filled with determination.

"Rules are simple! This is the doubles arena. You can select four out of your six chosen Pokemon. All Pokemon will be classified as Level 50 for this battle. Once you have selected your team, please give the two you have not selected to me," you hear the referee speak up, standing next to the battlefield.

The kid made his way to the ref and dropped off two Pokeballs. He then returned to his side of the field, ready for a fight.

"Game on!"

What do you do?
Dracen ignored his pounding heart as he stepped into the arena. He took a deep breath, listening to the referee explain the rules with his eyes closed. He shook himself, trying to calm his nerves.

This is the moment you've been waiting for. You're not scared, you can't be. Look forward, grit your teeth and do the thing.

His eyes snapped open, and he took in his opponent for the first time. Just a kid, dressed in Hoenn clothes, looking eager for the coming battle. He let the kid choose his Pokemon first, then strolled over to the referee. No complicated choices here - he knew who he wanted in this first fight.

"Sorry you guys, but I need all dragons on deck for this one." he said quietly as he handed over a Pokeball and Team Rocket Ball. The Team Rocket Ball rocked gently as he did so, the Krabby inside violently protesting in a language Dracen could neither hear nor understand. Dracen chuckled at this. "Calm down, you'll get your chance. I promise I'll bring you out for the next one, alright?" he soothed. There was another soft shake from the Team Rocket Ball, but it settled. The Pokeball beside it gave no signs of life, the Honedge inside patiently sitting perfectly still.

Turning back to the arena, Dracen hefted two of his remaining Pokeballs with a confident smirk. "Hey," He called to the opposing Trainer, tossing one Pokeball in the air. "Bring everything you've got, yeah? I want a good match!" and with that, he caught the Pokeball and sent it spinning out, twirling on one heel to throw the other out as well.

"giiiiii-BLEEE!"

"SIZZZZ-lipeeede!"

Gible and Myris gave twin battle cries as they hit the field, eyes shining and hearts ablaze. Myris glowed like a campfire, pure white smoke pouring off his moustache-like antennae. Gible lacked his usual childlike grin, and was fully battle-ready - his claws were curled menacingly, and his fearsome expression showed all his teeth (save of course the missing one). Dracen folded his arms and entered the familiar battle stance, setting his face with a determined half-smile. "Alright you two, let's jump into it! Gible, Hone Claws! Myris, Coil!" he commanded, and was answered by flashes of silver and purple - Swooping lines of energy surrounded the Pokemon as Myris circled into himself and concentrated his energy, and Gible ground his claws against each other to sharpen them. Behind them, Dracen glanced back at his opponent and called over, "Oh, I'm Dracen, by the way! What's your name?"

Cy, Bug Trainer

FB Profile
Old 11-09-2021, 09:41 AM   #136
Lil'twick
Insanity

Dragons-

Choosing your Pokemon, you send out your GIble and Sizzlipede. A well balanced compostion, able to cover some of the flaws of the other. Though, there were still clear weaknesses to this team composition. And, well, with the Youngster's selected Pokemon you soon realized them.

"Name's Gavin," the trainer responded with a cheeky smile as his pre-selected team was sent out.

You see a small, raccoon-like Pokemon with zizagged fur and alternating brown and white stripes. A common Pokemon in the Hoenn region, the Zigzagoon looked hyperactive and more than ready for battle. It's partner was a small bird, more than ready for a fight. Another common Pokemon of Hoenn, it was a Taillow. Certainly a powerful team against your chosen Pokemon, and one that would give you trouble.

Your Pokemon begin boosting up, your Gible honing its claws for both an attack and accuracy boost. Meanwhile, your Sizzilpede coils up, increasing its attack, defense, and accuracy. With your moves most likely going to hit, as well as hit hard, this should help give you an edge. Yet, your team were sitting ducks this round.

"Okay, Zigzagoon, Growl at the both of them! Taillow, I want you to send an Air Slash towards the Sizzlipede!" Gavin orders, and his Pokemon comply.

The Zigzagoon barks at both of your Pokemon, its deep Growl undoing the attack boosts of your Pokemon. Well, it was to be expected for any trainer who had dealt with early Hoenn. Its partner then follows up with an Air Slash, rapid blades of air being sent towards the Sizzlipede. The super effective hit was more than enough to send it reeling, ignoring its deense boost for a large amount of damage.

You then see the Taillow suddenly become poisoned, its Toxic Orb doing some nasty work. Yet, it was more than bearing the pain. Meanwhile, Zigzagoon continued to look more than raring for a fight.

What do you do?

I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Old 11-29-2021, 07:48 PM   #137
Thunder Badge

Quote:
Dragons-

Choosing your Pokemon, you send out your GIble and Sizzlipede. A well balanced compostion, able to cover some of the flaws of the other. Though, there were still clear weaknesses to this team composition. And, well, with the Youngster's selected Pokemon you soon realized them.

"Name's Gavin," the trainer responded with a cheeky smile as his pre-selected team was sent out.

You see a small, raccoon-like Pokemon with zizagged fur and alternating brown and white stripes. A common Pokemon in the Hoenn region, the Zigzagoon looked hyperactive and more than ready for battle. It's partner was a small bird, more than ready for a fight. Another common Pokemon of Hoenn, it was a Taillow. Certainly a powerful team against your chosen Pokemon, and one that would give you trouble.

Your Pokemon begin boosting up, your Gible honing its claws for both an attack and accuracy boost. Meanwhile, your Sizzilpede coils up, increasing its attack, defense, and accuracy. With your moves most likely going to hit, as well as hit hard, this should help give you an edge. Yet, your team were sitting ducks this round.

"Okay, Zigzagoon, Growl at the both of them! Taillow, I want you to send an Air Slash towards the Sizzlipede!" Gavin orders, and his Pokemon comply.

The Zigzagoon barks at both of your Pokemon, its deep Growl undoing the attack boosts of your Pokemon. Well, it was to be expected for any trainer who had dealt with early Hoenn. Its partner then follows up with an Air Slash, rapid blades of air being sent towards the Sizzlipede. The super effective hit was more than enough to send it reeling, ignoring its deense boost for a large amount of damage.

You then see the Taillow suddenly become poisoned, its Toxic Orb doing some nasty work. Yet, it was more than bearing the pain. Meanwhile, Zigzagoon continued to look more than raring for a fight.

What do you do?
Dracen narrowed his eyes at the opposing team. Alone, a Zigzagoon and Taillow were no threat. Trained well and fighting together, though, they could be quite dangerous indeed - as was immediately demonstrated when Sizzlipede was sent skidding across the battlefield by a wicked Air Slash, and Gible's Attack boost was undone by a nicely-timed Growl. Luckily, Sizzlipede could hold onto his buffs with his White Smoke Ability, but things were looking dicey right off the bat.

Need to get rid of the Taillow fast, Dracen thought. The Zigzagoon looks like more of a support Pokemon than a powerhouse. Leaving it stranded will put us at the advantage. His reverie was broken, however, when the Taillow flinched at something without taking a hit - looking closer, Dracen could see a Toxic Orb in one of its talons. What the... Oh crap- that thing must have Guts! Dracen realized. That bird definitely needed to be off the battlefield as soon as possible, if his guess was correct. Any strong Flying move from a Guts-powered Taillow would tear right through poor Myris, especially when he was already hurt. He needed to go on the offense immediately, and with Gible's accuracy boosts, it wasn't a difficult call to make.

"Gible! Use Stone Edge on that Taillow!" He shouted, throwing out an arm to punctuate the order. Gible responded with an affirmative "Giiiii!", which meant Dracen could shift his focus to Myris. Though the Air Slash had hit hard, Myris looked more ready than ever to hit back - in fact, he almost seemed to have been powered up by the attack. Dracen didn't have to look closely to see that Myris's ringlike markings were glowing brighter than he'd ever seen them, miniature suns lighting up the room with flaming fury. It was eye-watering just to look at him this long, but Dracen still needed to give him a command. "Oi, Myris!" He called, getting the Sizzlipede's attention. "Turn the light show down a bit, couldja? I'm tryin' to battle here, pal!"

The only answer was a defiant, crackling hiss, like a charred log falling into a growing bonfire. Smoke rose from everywhere on the Bug Pokemon, waves of shimmering white and grey drifting up and around the arena like a slow-motion tornado. Dracen rolled his eyes and gave the pillar of flaming rage a stern stare.

"Righteous vengeance or not, ya gotta keep your wits about ya. You're in luck on the violence bit, though - Show that bird who's boss with your fiercest Flame Wheel!"

As Myris reared back in preparation, the glow around him intensified, and Dracen caught a glimpse of something strange in its center. For the briefest moment, as the flame swelled, there was a flash of color that was nowhere near its usual orange.

Wh... Blue fire? But how is that possible?

Cy, Bug Trainer

FB Profile
Old 12-10-2021, 09:10 PM   #138
Prof.Enigma
Enraptured by Enigmatics

Cape Effervescence: blu3shift
Something was horribly wrong as you took turn after turn with Fomantis and Krabby, the base was eerily empty and devoid of signs of human life. Krabby was leading you along throughout the underwater base, How it was doing this? You couldn't quite say because it seemed that it had either been here before or somehow was able to smell? Sense? The other undoubtedly trapped Pokémon.

You could hear the other Pokémon chasing Akuma as there were more, increasingly annoyed noises from the thing chasing Akuma, and you swore you could have heard Akuma laughing at the other ghost's displeasure and annoyance. Good. Akuma was doing his job as far as you could tell. The scope that you had been handed what felt like long ago started to overlay upon your face showing you a holographic map and starting to document and record Pokémon somehow? Krelia must have made this thing to see through walls and or other debris up to a certain amount of feet because when you turned you could see Akuma racing about the hallways with the other ghost pokemon on his tail so to speak.

When you turned back forward in the direction Krabby was leading you, you were able to pick out a number of other Pokémon's shapes and the scope analyzed each one and seemed to checkmark them... Interestingly enough it also seemed to show humans too, as your own body came up on the screen when you waved your hand in front of the sensor. Good information to know apparently.

Actually, that was really excellent information to know as that could help you find Krelia and also locate poacher members who could catch you and lock you away, theoretically.

Speaking of the devil, you could make out some figure messing around with what looked to be rope tying their arms around their back. This had to be Krelia as you could think of no other person who could be trapped down here trying to escape... Speaking of escape, you had no real confirmed safe way to get back to the Aquamole and you hardly knew if Krelia would fit within it. On top of that, it was too far down here under the surface for her to safely swim, suit or not. Coupled with the fact that unless you captured and detained the Poachers, you would undoubtedly have them chasing you with probably better-equipped vehicles and for sure better water Pokémon as they were able to capture a bunch of Pokémon that had to have put up a fight above or below the water.

You might have to unleash the Pokémon that is withinside the Pokéball Quincy gave you. Perhaps Krelia could make better use of the situation.
Old 12-10-2021, 11:28 PM   #139
blu3shift
Cascade Badge

Quote:
Cape Effervescence: blu3shift
Something was horribly wrong as you took turn after turn with Fomantis and Krabby, the base was eerily empty and devoid of signs of human life. Krabby was leading you along throughout the underwater base, How it was doing this? You couldn't quite say because it seemed that it had either been here before or somehow was able to smell? Sense? The other undoubtedly trapped Pokémon.

You could hear the other Pokémon chasing Akuma as there were more, increasingly annoyed noises from the thing chasing Akuma, and you swore you could have heard Akuma laughing at the other ghost's displeasure and annoyance. Good. Akuma was doing his job as far as you could tell. The scope that you had been handed what felt like long ago started to overlay upon your face showing you a holographic map and starting to document and record Pokémon somehow? Krelia must have made this thing to see through walls and or other debris up to a certain amount of feet because when you turned you could see Akuma racing about the hallways with the other ghost pokemon on his tail so to speak.

When you turned back forward in the direction Krabby was leading you, you were able to pick out a number of other Pokémon's shapes and the scope analyzed each one and seemed to checkmark them... Interestingly enough it also seemed to show humans too, as your own body came up on the screen when you waved your hand in front of the sensor. Good information to know apparently.

Actually, that was really excellent information to know as that could help you find Krelia and also locate poacher members who could catch you and lock you away, theoretically.

Speaking of the devil, you could make out some figure messing around with what looked to be rope tying their arms around their back. This had to be Krelia as you could think of no other person who could be trapped down here trying to escape... Speaking of escape, you had no real confirmed safe way to get back to the Aquamole and you hardly knew if Krelia would fit within it. On top of that, it was too far down here under the surface for her to safely swim, suit or not. Coupled with the fact that unless you captured and detained the Poachers, you would undoubtedly have them chasing you with probably better-equipped vehicles and for sure better water Pokémon as they were able to capture a bunch of Pokémon that had to have put up a fight above or below the water.

You might have to unleash the Pokémon that is withinside the Pokéball Quincy gave you. Perhaps Krelia could make better use of the situation.
These halls were unbearably dull and lifeless, aside from the two Pokémon that Elijah was following, but the nerd-goggles were proving to be really nifty, cataloging Pokémon that he was sure that he was going to forget by the time that all this was over, displaying the locations of everyone nearby, and prompting him with a... map of the base?

There were a million strange things that had happened over the course of the day, but this was the most eyebrow-raising out of all of them. A map of a hidden base that was completely unknown to anyone outside of this poaching gang prior to tonight? Something was definitely up here. Elijah wasn't really in the mood to start ratting out any moles on his team, but he'd do it if he had to. He didn't play all those games of Amoongus for nothing. In fact, he'd been feeling really suspicious ever since he woke up earlier.

Anyway, for all the feet of desolate hallway that he covered, Elijah saw a couple of things that stood out to him. One, Akuma had somehow amassed a crowd of fans who just so happened to be absolutely spiritual in their devotion to the poor Gengar. Either that or they were having one hell of a fight. Two, he happened to stumble on a figure that looked pretty well bound—that meant "prisoner" in bad-guy code, and he could only think of one person that could fill that role right about now.

'Sup, Krelia.

Elijah didn't actually say that, of course. There was bound to be someone around that corner, which meant that he needed a game plan. Was he going to ambush whoever was in there and somehow make it out unscathed? Wait for an opening? Maybe even just kind of sneak around and hope for the best? He was going to have to think about this a bit. That and get some more firepower on his side, because who knows what kind of heat these guys were packing. That made two really big things to deliberate on.

This was getting ridiculous. He wasn't beyond waiting to make a move, but there was a difference between mission impossible and mission impatience. And honestly, he'd already taken a bunch of risks over the past few hours; what's one more going to do to him? That, and he kind of already had a solution to the overpowering thing.

So that's why Elijah decided to jump to plan B immediately and throw down Kingdra's Poké Ball. Sure, probably a bad idea, but as long as he played his cards right and nobody recognized him (and god help him if anyone actually did recognize him), then he could get this done in one fell swoop and return to dry land like nothing ever happened.

"Alright," he said as quietly as possible to his ragtag team of three. "I guess I'm a trainer, so I'm gonna have to be, uh, the leader here..."

He silently hoped that it was normal for trainers to lack confidence.

"...uh, Fomantis, sorry I still haven't come up with a good name for you, do that leaf thing that you did back at the park if you can. I have no idea if it's going to work down here where there aren't any, but it's worth a try. Krabby, Kingdra—" Elijah turned to the blue-and-yellow seahorse in front of him. "—uh, I guess that's what you look like, do whatever you do best. You're not mine so I can't really tell you what to do. Offer's open for the crab, though, if you feel comfortable not seeing your mom or dad or whatever anymore," He continued, tapping an empty Poké Ball clipped to his diving suit. "No pressure, though. I know you have a family and I want this to be your decision. If we make it out alive. I'm going to rush in and hope that nothing bad happens."

Elijah took a deep breath. This was it.

"Okay, let's do this."
Old 01-02-2022, 11:05 AM   #140
Lil'twick
Insanity

Dragons-

The Hoenn Youngster chuckled as you go on a full-on offensive assault against the Taillow. The threat of guts was more than enough to you into panic mode, and you decided on a single option. The bird must be gotten rid of at all costs, no matter what it would take. But, wouldn't that also be extremely predictable?

"Taillow, Protect!" The Youngster ordered.

Your heart drops as a protective green barrier surrounds the bird, nullifying the entirety of your orders this round. Yet, it made sense. Protect was the perfect move to allow Taillow to become poisoned. Most pokemon with Guts, or even Poison Heal and Toxic Boost, would utilize this strategy. Not to mention this move was a Doubles mainstay for reasons just like this.

"And while your friend is protected, let's give them a taste of your Surf Zigzagoon," the boy then finishes off his orders for the round.

The little trash panda howls, water dripping from its fur before it sends a full-bodied wave to wash over the battlefield. You see the flash of green from Taillow's protect, it not caring about its ally's move. Though, your team is not so lucky, as Gible takes the hit and your Sizzlipede is more than worse for wear. The poor little bug was on its last legs here, taking two super effective attacks back to back.

At least Taillow's toxic condition would begin to ramp up through the rounds... If this battle stalls out. This was a place where the top trainers gathered together. If you wanted to complete this gauntlet, you'd need to start strategizing a lot better.

What do you do?

I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Old 01-24-2022, 10:34 PM   #141
ShadowDRGN
Cascade Badge

Quote:
Uptown - The Culture & Entertainment Districts
Neon East Reply in Yellow Green
Grey Matter Labs: The tallest tower in Neon East lays host to a thinktank of the world’s most renowned professors and inventors. Grey Matter serve as an incubator for the city's startup scene, and are behind many of the district’s technological leaps. Resident geniuses are close to a breakthroughs in a range of fields, from fossil revival to dream monitoring. What they are short on however is subjects to test their experiments – volunteers will be handsomely rewarded.
“So, this is the place?”

As if to confirm the obvious, Hatchley looks at the slip of paper in his hand once more, and then back at the monolithic spire of glass before him. His handwriting has always been of dubious legibility, but in this case there is simply no misconstruing what’s before his eyes: He’s finally arrived at the one-and-only Grey Matter Labs.

It’s been a long journey from Unova to Fizzytopia. The enigmatic region always lay at the periphery of his knowledge about the world; Not quite part of the standard circuit of Gyms and Pokemon Leagues that have captivated him since childhood, yet not wholly disconnected from the scene, either. Many famous Trainers have made the pilgrimage to this place to detach from the familiar and explore the new, discovering both allies and themselves along the way.

Hatchley has every intention of following in their footsteps, but first and foremost, he needs answers. According to the information he somehow managed to squeeze from his father, this is the place where Prince was born. Who the dino’s mother and father were, the old stone didn’t know, or at least that was a drop of blood that Hatchley didn’t have any hope of drawing from him.

“I heard they were breeding Tyrunt there, and it looked like the perfect Pokemon for you,” is about the closest Hatchley could get to a reason, but something didn’t quite add up about that story.

Sure, Hatchley had learned that this place is one of the leading edges in fossil science, but almost every museum he’s ever been to has a fossil revival machine. Oh, he certainly believes the bastard knowingly went through the trouble of getting him an uncontrollable prehistoric Pokemon, but why didn’t he source it from the museum in Nacrene City? Why travel to a place that may as well be in another world to accomplish that task?

“Well, let’s just hope father isn't fond of wild Zangoose chases...” he mutters to himself, wincing as the sun moves just slightly enough for the building’s reflection to glare in his eyes. He’s going to get a kink in his neck if he continues to gawk.

The self-styled Dragon Tamer takes a deep breath, only to regret it as he realizes that his bangs are still soaked in sea salt. He runs his claw-tipped fingers through his hair, collecting it into a ponytail. Black and white strands mix into a gray river flowing down his back, bound together at the scalp with a small blue-magenta ribbon. That should mitigate things until he can get a proper shower.

What exactly awaits him inside this ivory tower? Would the people working here have any recollection of Prince, or Hatchley’s father? Even if they did, would they bother to give him the information he sought, or really just some insight into why his Pokemon is so difficult to work with? After all, he isn’t the one with a medical doctorate, or even a Gym Badge to his name.

The chewed-up edges of his sister’s cape billow behind him as he ascends the marble steps, acting as a shroud against the doubts welling up in his head. Hatchley holds his chin up high in confidence and dignity, as one should be when starting down the roundabout path toward the truth.

Last edited by ShadowDRGN; 01-25-2022 at 10:01 AM.
Old 01-30-2022, 11:02 AM   #142
Zelphon
Caffeinated

Send a message via Skype™ to Zelphon
Quote:

Sunder Island: Zelphon
After taking direct control of your trainer, you and Dragapult begin heading to the beach following the Pumpkin Pokémon and its undead companions. Releasing your trainer from your control and retreating back within the confines of your Pokeball along with your other companion, you await further command.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After a short amount of time, you awake to the pumpkaboo staring intently into your face with a curious look upon its face.
"Oho, you awaken. It seems as if your partners overruled your choice to fight the beasts plagued by darkness, Smart choice that was"
The pumpkin Pokémon floated over closer to the shore, letting the soft waves lap at its stump.

"Those beasts aren't unlike my friends here, but something much darker has corrupted their souls... Something much more powerful than me is controlling them from somewhere within the Islands confines. Anger... so much hatred and hurt."
As the pumpkaboo spoke its voice grew softer and softer. It knew more than it was letting on with the situation. Should you press it for the information it has locked away?

But, what it said struck out to you... souls being corrupted... It doesn't sound much different than Shadowification of pokemon... Were these beasts Shadowfied Zombies?
Contemplating the words of the Pumpkaboo Marietta begins running scenarios through her head, swapping between pacing back and forth and standing in quiet reflection.

"Yes, this does sound more and more similar to those of similar ilk to my shadowy servants. But my vision can not be shrouded by your fragile mask friend, tell us what more you know that we might be of aid.

Our power and knowledge are great but without your insight, we can only wander aimlessly in the darkness that our enemy rules over. Shadow pokemon are not oft known for blind obedience as their shackled hearts hath robbed them of such naivety.

Tell us, what is it that you are hesitant to speak? By what means doth our foe control these beings? Where did this all begin? Who is that we even face?

Do not idle, for if they are Shadows indeed the pain of their rebirth must be cycling into further and further anger and despair." Marietta

Old 02-02-2022, 08:18 PM   #143
Lil'twick
Insanity

Shadow-

A brand new city, a brand new place. While the journey from Unova was long, you hoped it would be worth it. A place, always on the edge of your mind, now coming to the forefront. According to your sire, this was the place where your Tyrunt was born. And that curiosity was what you wanted to explore. For what secrets did this tower hold, and would it allow you to better understand the rambunctious fossil dino you called your own?

Entering Grey Matter Labs, you are met with an immaculate lobby area. Plush benches surrounding futuristic pillars, a full-on food court, and a ton of people going to and fro. This was... a lot. Most of the region's brilliant minds were here, either as full-on employees or renting out laboratory space. Certainly, more than you'd ever expect.

In the middle of the lobby was the reception area, where multiple receptionists were sitting. From handling the needs of investors, employees, and scientists, to handling incoming calls and paperwork. They did it all. Yet, there was one sitting there patiently, facing the door. She sat underneath an electronic billboard, pointing the way to each department.

"Hello there!" she calls out to you. "Welcome to Grey Matter Labs. If you are here to help assist in research, I will need you to sign in with me as a grounds guest. Once that is done, you'll be allowed access to the department you are assisting. If not, please state your query and we'll answer to the best of our possibility."

How do you respond?

I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Old 02-03-2022, 12:27 AM   #144
ShadowDRGN
Cascade Badge

Quote:
Shadow-

A brand new city, a brand new place. While the journey from Unova was long, you hoped it would be worth it. A place, always on the edge of your mind, now coming to the forefront. According to your sire, this was the place where your Tyrunt was born. And that curiosity was what you wanted to explore. For what secrets did this tower hold, and would it allow you to better understand the rambunctious fossil dino you called your own?

Entering Grey Matter Labs, you are met with an immaculate lobby area. Plush benches surrounding futuristic pillars, a full-on food court, and a ton of people going to and fro. This was... a lot. Most of the region's brilliant minds were here, either as full-on employees or renting out laboratory space. Certainly, more than you'd ever expect.

In the middle of the lobby was the reception area, where multiple receptionists were sitting. From handling the needs of investors, employees, and scientists, to handling incoming calls and paperwork. They did it all. Yet, there was one sitting there patiently, facing the door. She sat underneath an electronic billboard, pointing the way to each department.

"Hello there!" she calls out to you. "Welcome to Grey Matter Labs. If you are here to help assist in research, I will need you to sign in with me as a grounds guest. Once that is done, you'll be allowed access to the department you are assisting. If not, please state your query and we'll answer to the best of our possibility."

How do you respond?
The ultramodern decor strikes Hatchley hard from the moment he enters. He’s already still adjusting to the feeling of being in another region, and now he’s stepping into a space that feels like it’s been plucked from another time entirely.

All of his time living between the rustic sprawl of Motostoke and the carefully-pruned suburbs of Undella town made him believe that places like this were simply the stuff of fiction. Yet, now he’s standing here, taking in not just the pristine sights, but also the aromas and soundscapes that have been meticulously-engineered to create a relaxing and productive work environment.

How can he not just stand there and gawk like almost every idiot tourist that stumbles their way in here? His eyes bounce between all of the employees and their Pokemon. Did they all have a similar awe when they first came here? I mean, he can’t be the only one, right? This place is amazing, and yet he totally sticks out by looking like a rock concert reject, thanks to his Blitzle-striped hair and his sister’s hand-me-down everythings and his museum piece of a cape and-

The receptionist’s voice drags him out of his head before he can have a full-on anxiety attack. He stiffly walks toward the counter with his fingers nervously clamped to the edges of his cloak. Just telling the receptionist what she needs to know should be simple. Should be.

“Uh, hello!” He greets her back, “I’m here for... Not exactly research assistance, but I do need to get into the Paleontology Department. Unless that would count as a query instead, in which case can I get into the Paleontology Department?” he explains, sounding increasingly unsure with each word that cascades out of his mouth.

“M-my dad is Dr. Fisher. He works for a Pokemon Pharmaceuticals company in Unova. I don’t know if you recognize him, but he bought a Tyrunt from this lab, and I wanted to know if I could ask someone in that department about it... Please?”
Old 02-14-2022, 03:29 PM   #145
Lil'twick
Insanity

Shadow-

The receptionist blinks at you as you listen, trying her best to look like she cared. This was a job after all, and she had to hear these kinds of things day and day. Oh, I know so and so and thus I want x. Really, all it sounds like was that you were trying to get in without trying to follow proper procedure.

"Well, we have dealt with numerous Dr. Fishers. We currently have three here even; Dr. A Fisher, Dr. P Fisher, and Dr. T Fisher. So, even if we had a record of it, it would be buried if we didn't have a proper full name," she simply states, before pulling out a clipboard.

"Though, with our Paleontology Department, any Pokemon purchased from us does contain a receipt, as well as an identifier within them. If you could please fill this out to the best of your ability, we would be more than happy to send you there to have any questions about your Pokemon, its species, and any behavioral analysis that may concern you. We have had more than a few trainers come in about their Tyrunts... Oh and Archens! I'll page the department for you once you turn that in and they'll send someone to collect you," she replied to you, handing over the clipboard.

It was pretty standard. Your information, your Tyrunt's information, as well as a blank space that said identification ID for the dino, Additionally, it asked for your Trainer Card ID. The best thing to do for now, if you wanted the information you sought, was to comply.

What do you do?

I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Old 02-14-2022, 07:31 PM   #146
ShadowDRGN
Cascade Badge

Quote:
Shadow-

The receptionist blinks at you as you listen, trying her best to look like she cared. This was a job after all, and she had to hear these kinds of things day and day. Oh, I know so and so and thus I want x. Really, all it sounds like was that you were trying to get in without trying to follow proper procedure.

"Well, we have dealt with numerous Dr. Fishers. We currently have three here even; Dr. A Fisher, Dr. P Fisher, and Dr. T Fisher. So, even if we had a record of it, it would be buried if we didn't have a proper full name," she simply states, before pulling out a clipboard.

"Though, with our Paleontology Department, any Pokemon purchased from us does contain a receipt, as well as an identifier within them. If you could please fill this out to the best of your ability, we would be more than happy to send you there to have any questions about your Pokemon, its species, and any behavioral analysis that may concern you. We have had more than a few trainers come in about their Tyrunts... Oh and Archens! I'll page the department for you once you turn that in and they'll send someone to collect you," she replied to you, handing over the clipboard.

It was pretty standard. Your information, your Tyrunt's information, as well as a blank space that said identification ID for the dino, Additionally, it asked for your Trainer Card ID. The best thing to do for now, if you wanted the information you sought, was to comply.

What do you do?
Hatchley looks down at the form, and holds back a sigh. It isn’t lost on him that he came off like an utter ass, bringing up his father like that, but it’s best to just not keep digging that grave. Why should he need any more of his help to sort this out, anyways?

Scanning the desk for something to write with, he ends up reaching into the big cup the receptionist keeps by her computer monitor, and he immediately pulls out a rather... peculiar branded pen. It’s all wrinkly, like someone took a brain, compressed it down into the shape of a cylinder and laminated it. Guess someone in the PR department ended up taking the name “Gray Matter Labs” a little too literally when it came to merchandise...

A satisfying click echoes through the futuristic lobby as Hatchley leans against the counter and starts filling out the form. Most of the questions are easy enough, but he keeps his phone handy in order to fill out some of the trickier bits, especially the ID numbers that he had only recently been issued...

Quote:
TRAINER INFORMATION
NAME: HATCHLEY FISHER (HE/HIM)
DOB: 2002/NOV/22
RESIDENCE: XXX LEAGUE RD, UNDELLA TOWN, UV
TRAINER ID: UV-028132
CONTACT INFO
  • PRIMARY PHONE: XXX-XXXX
  • EMAIL: biggest283fan@edeli,com
  • NEXT OF KIN: RHINEA FIS DARIUS FISHER (FATHER)
  • NOK PHONE: YYY-YYYY
POKEMON INFORMATION
SPECIES: TYRUNT
NICKNAME: PRINCE
DOB: 2020/JAN/30
ABILITY: STRONG JAW
NATURE: ADAMANT?
POKEMON ID: FZ-117187
“Alright, here you are,” Hatchley says, sliding the clipboard over to the receptionist. He rolls his wrist as he sits down on one of the strangely-contoured benches, already feeling a cramp coming in from trying to print everything as neatly as possible. Paperwork... What an exciting way to start off his first big day as a Trainer.

No, he can’t think like that! Out of everything he could’ve done upon arriving in Fizzytopia, he chose to come here and investigate, so he has to stick with it, no matter what! Plus, the receptionist even mentioned something about other people bringing their fossil Pokemon in, so maybe he's not the only one going through a disobedience crisis, after all!

Of course, he’s still stuck in the lobby until someone from the paleo department comes. Seems that after psyching himself up, he still has to get through the boredom of being in waiting room limbo, somehow. Hatchley keeps his phone out, and switches between a combination of chatting with friends and doing research on potential locations for his next adventure, or even just a place to enjoy the nightlife in New Fizz City for a while.

“Man, gotta get me to Rockabout Row. Ugh, gonna stand out if I can't drink, though..." he mutters aloud as he sits hunched forward in his seat, absentmindedly scrolling down Top and Bottom 10 lists for Trainers looking to make the most of their time in NFC.

Last edited by ShadowDRGN; 02-14-2022 at 08:06 PM.
Old 02-28-2022, 03:39 PM   #147
Thunder Badge

Quote:
Dragons-

The Hoenn Youngster chuckled as you go on a full-on offensive assault against the Taillow. The threat of guts was more than enough to you into panic mode, and you decided on a single option. The bird must be gotten rid of at all costs, no matter what it would take. But, wouldn't that also be extremely predictable?

"Taillow, Protect!" The Youngster ordered.

Your heart drops as a protective green barrier surrounds the bird, nullifying the entirety of your orders this round. Yet, it made sense. Protect was the perfect move to allow Taillow to become poisoned. Most pokemon with Guts, or even Poison Heal and Toxic Boost, would utilize this strategy. Not to mention this move was a Doubles mainstay for reasons just like this.

"And while your friend is protected, let's give them a taste of your Surf Zigzagoon," the boy then finishes off his orders for the round.

The little trash panda howls, water dripping from its fur before it sends a full-bodied wave to wash over the battlefield. You see the flash of green from Taillow's protect, it not caring about its ally's move. Though, your team is not so lucky, as Gible takes the hit and your Sizzlipede is more than worse for wear. The poor little bug was on its last legs here, taking two super effective attacks back to back.

At least Taillow's toxic condition would begin to ramp up through the rounds... If this battle stalls out. This was a place where the top trainers gathered together. If you wanted to complete this gauntlet, you'd need to start strategizing a lot better.

What do you do?
Sizzlipede wobbled backward, shaking his head angrily as the remaining water evaporated from his natural heat. His fiery antennae remained brighter than ever, that strange burst of energy keeping him going... but it was shaky. Dracen could tell that the little Bug couldn't take much more of this, despite his bravado. Dracen himself was shaken - The clinical ferocity of this place was not what he'd been expecting at all, and it was demoralizing to say the least. He almost wanted to admit defeat then and there... but as Gible and Sizzlipede turned back to him, eyes shining, he knew he couldn't. He had to keep going, even if it was futile. He had to push through. He ran a hand through his hair and pushed up his glasses, then took a deep breath.

"Gible, Sizzlipede, I know this looks rough. We've been hit hard, can't find our footing... but guys, I believe in you. I believe in all we've been through, in how far we've come - and I believe that we can do this, no matter what!"
Twin battle cries answered him, and he slid into his battle stance once more, his spirits high.

"Sizzlipede, time for revenge! We know that bird can't hide forever! Embrace that fury and bring it your all! Your strongest Venoshock, now!"
Fire. Blazing fire, spiraling smoke. Eyes glowing orange, then blue, shining from a silhouette within a column of flame. A voice, deep and sizzling like a forest fire growing out of control. A cry of primal rage.
"CEEEEEEEEEEENNNTIIIISSSSKOOOOOOOORRRRRCCCCCCCHHHH !!!!"
The arena erupted with heat as a force like a small bomb went off. From the center of a sphere of blue fire, the battlers could see Sizzlipede's shadow as it lengthened, its legs grew and sharpened, the blazing antennae splitting from two into four. Blue shifted into purple and the energy spun and coalesced into a single point, revealing the creature within!
The newly-evolved Centiskorch reared back with a thunderous roar, the poisonous purple energy spinning around its head, ready to fire! Dracen stepped forward, hair and coat blown back from the explosion, heart alight with pride. Of course! The blue flames were evolution energy! He grinned wide and pumped his fist high into the sky, but paused. There was more to be done yet, and thus he turned to his starter. Gible was staring at Centiskorch, eyes shining. He turned to his Trainer. They nodded in unison, and Gible stepped up next to the huge Fire-Type.

"GIBLE!" Dracen called, putting his all into every word. "LET'S SHOW THEM WHAT WE'RE MADE OF!"
"GIIIIIIII-"
"I KNOW YOU WON'T LET ME DOWN-"
"-IIIIIIIIIIII-"
"-SO GIVE IT YOUR ALL LIKE YOU ALWAYS HAVE-"
"-IIIIAAAAAAAAA-"
"AND STRIKE THEM DOWN WITH THE STRONGEST DRAGON CLAW THE WORLD'S EVER SEEEEEN!"
"-AAAAAAAABIIIIIIIIIITEEEE!!!!"
The second explosion rang out. Tiny claws thickened into wicked blades, a tail and neck extended up and out - spurred on by his friend and his Trainer, Gible had evolved as well, becoming a mighty Gabite and now standing equal with Centiskorch! Gabite faced down the Zigzagoon opposite him and raised one claw, preparing to unleash a devastating attack!

*Sizzlipede evolved into Centiskorch!*
*Centiskorch learned Inferno!*
*Gible evolved into Gabite!*
*Gabite learned Dragon Breath and Dual Chop!*

Cy, Bug Trainer

FB Profile
Old 03-01-2022, 10:37 PM   #148
Lil'twick
Insanity

Shadow-

The receptionist takes the clipboard and records the information into her computer. This happens for a few minutes, with almost nothing of interest actually happening. People just going through their daily lives, to and fro. Guess this was the job of a researcher, having something new yet stable to do every day. Not everyone went out on massive journies, and that was the answer they had found for their lives.

The noise of a print catches your attention, and you see the woman reach out to grab the page. Taking off a sticker, she neatly places it on a blank name tag. On it, you see the words: Hatchley Fisher, Guest. She then hands the placard to you with a curt smile.

"Please make sure you wear this at all times on the premises. Return it to here before you leave as well," she states.

Before she could speak another word, you see someone approach the desk from behind. A medium-height man wearing black spectacles. They looked a bit odd on his triangular face, but his unkempt chestnut hair seemed to make it work. You see on his white lab coat the word Paleontology etched into it.

"Is this our guest today?" he asks the receptionist, getting a nod in response.

"Ah, good. It's a pleasure to meet you, I'm Dr. Richards. Terrence Richards, at your service," he states formally before giving off a slight chuckle. "Now, formalities out of the way... the missive states you have questions about the Tyrunt species, and about yours in particular, correct? Well, follow me, please! I rather not let the little fella scare the people here," he exclaims before motioning you to follow him.

How do you proceed?

Dragons:

The pinnacle, and precipice, of power, comes through during evolution. The youngster blinked as both your Sizzlipede and Gible evolved into their next stages, their power growing. He looked at the referee, trying to see if mid-battle evolution was legal. Certainly, something that must've happened here before.

"Battle will continue as normal!" the ref called after your orders. "Trainer, we will discuss what will happen based on the results of this battle."

With that in mind, your Centiskorch is more than prepared to abuse the Taillow's Poisoning. Sending out poisonous globules, the attack completely shocks the bird's immune system. The poison runs rampant, and you could the Hoenn Pokemon look to be on its last limbs.

"Damn it, Brave Bird!" the youngster shouted, rage in his voice.

The bird becomes cloaked in sharp orange light. The shape of a massive bird of prey consumes the tiny swallow, and it flies at a breakneck pace through your giant firebug. While evolved and stronger, it only could do so much against that massive attack. In a flash, you see your Pokemon fall to the ground, KO'd. Yet, this was an equivalent exchange, as the bird soon drops to the ground knocked out as well.

"Centiskorch and Taillow are unable to battle! Please send out your next Pokemon once the round is done!" the ref shouts.

Meanwhile, your now Gabite was focused on the Zigzagoon. The raccoon dog had been taking a supportive role up until now, and it looked a little terrified of the land shark staring it down. With a claw of draconic energy, the shark swipes down onto its prey. Nothing much could be done, and the Pokemon takes a massive hit.

"Zigzagoon! Dig!" your opponent orders and the dog barks in reply.

The Pokemon then digs down into the battlefield, taking a turn to get set up. Seems, lest it be said, that it would be safe for the round. Best to try and strategize here, as you see your foe send out a Poochyena.

What do you do?

I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Old 03-04-2022, 11:40 PM   #149
ShadowDRGN
Cascade Badge

Quote:
Shadow-

The receptionist takes the clipboard and records the information into her computer. This happens for a few minutes, with almost nothing of interest actually happening. People just going through their daily lives, to and fro. Guess this was the job of a researcher, having something new yet stable to do every day. Not everyone went out on massive journies, and that was the answer they had found for their lives.

The noise of a print catches your attention, and you see the woman reach out to grab the page. Taking off a sticker, she neatly places it on a blank name tag. On it, you see the words: Hatchley Fisher, Guest. She then hands the placard to you with a curt smile.

"Please make sure you wear this at all times on the premises. Return it to here before you leave as well," she states.

Before she could speak another word, you see someone approach the desk from behind. A medium-height man wearing black spectacles. They looked a bit odd on his triangular face, but his unkempt chestnut hair seemed to make it work. You see on his white lab coat the word Paleontology etched into it.

"Is this our guest today?" he asks the receptionist, getting a nod in response.

"Ah, good. It's a pleasure to meet you, I'm Dr. Richards. Terrence Richards, at your service," he states formally before giving off a slight chuckle. "Now, formalities out of the way... the missive states you have questions about the Tyrunt species, and about yours in particular, correct? Well, follow me, please! I rather not let the little fella scare the people here," he exclaims before motioning you to follow him.

How do you proceed?
Growing bored of scrolling for tourist attractions, Hatchley turns to people-watching as his information is processed over by the desk. Being at a firm like this is probably a dream job for many of them, but what happens when the novelty wears off?

The way many of them walk and talk, it’s clear many of the staff are just going through the motions at this point; Working in the same labs and offices every day, eating the same meals at the same tables, it all seems so mind-numbing to him. How did people find the mental fortitude to do this stuff for years and years?

Sure, being a Trainer isn’t something everyone is interested in, but in terms of excitement, nothing else can ever compare. The smell of the sea that still clings to his pores, and the sight of the Milky Way’s procession across the sky on those wave-tossed nights—Those first few steps of his journey will be unforgettable to him, even if he’s to only see them once in his entire life. Maybe it’s because he only has that one chance, that he finds so much thrill in traveling like this...

The printer’s hum knocks him out of his thoughts, and the Dragon Tamer approaches the desk to take his nametag; Simple, glossy and sleek, like everything else here.

“Thanks, I will,” he quickly says, clipping the tag onto the breast of his sweater. Giving her a smile and a nod, he’s just about ready to sit back down when he discovers that his wait might just be over.

Hatchley turns to face the man as he approaches, not quite sure what to expect, but surprised all the same; After all, the image of a scientist he’d always grown up with was always gray in the hair and coolly sophisticated, while the person before him looks closer to his age than that, and certainly much more personable, it seems. Kinda handsome, honestly... Even if his version of scruffy is the complete opposite of their guest’s.

“Pleased to meet you, too, Doctor Rich,” Hatchley smiles, extending a hand toward the paleontologist, “I’m Hatchley Fisher, my- ah, I’m a Trainer who’s just starting out. Tyrunt is my starter, so I wanted to learn more about him, if I could.”

Dr. Richards gestures for him to follow, and so he does. With hands stuffed in the front pockets of his sweater, Hatchley trails closely behind, careful not to let his boots scuff up the tiled floors. His eyes wander all around, flicking from one window to the next to see what kinds of things are being cooked up in the other departments. Likely nothing too exciting to him, but you never know.

Of course, his gaze always seems to return to staring at the good doctor’s back, sooner or later. Not wanting to leave an awkward silence, he soon opens his mouth to throw out whatever comes to mind to keep the conversation going.

“Uh, so I’ve heard you guys have been seeing a lot of people come in about Tyrunt problems... and I guess Archen, too? Is it normal for them to be so rowdy? Mine will munch down on pretty much everything except this cloak of mine,” he asks, adjusting the collar of his indigo cape as he stares past the man’s shoulder.
Old 03-18-2022, 09:07 AM   #150
Thunder Badge

Quote:
Dragons:

The pinnacle, and precipice, of power, comes through during evolution. The youngster blinked as both your Sizzlipede and Gible evolved into their next stages, their power growing. He looked at the referee, trying to see if mid-battle evolution was legal. Certainly, something that must've happened here before.

"Battle will continue as normal!" the ref called after your orders. "Trainer, we will discuss what will happen based on the results of this battle."

With that in mind, your Centiskorch is more than prepared to abuse the Taillow's Poisoning. Sending out poisonous globules, the attack completely shocks the bird's immune system. The poison runs rampant, and you could the Hoenn Pokemon look to be on its last limbs.

"Damn it, Brave Bird!" the youngster shouted, rage in his voice.

The bird becomes cloaked in sharp orange light. The shape of a massive bird of prey consumes the tiny swallow, and it flies at a breakneck pace through your giant firebug. While evolved and stronger, it only could do so much against that massive attack. In a flash, you see your Pokemon fall to the ground, KO'd. Yet, this was an equivalent exchange, as the bird soon drops to the ground knocked out as well.

"Centiskorch and Taillow are unable to battle! Please send out your next Pokemon once the round is done!" the ref shouts.

Meanwhile, your now Gabite was focused on the Zigzagoon. The raccoon dog had been taking a supportive role up until now, and it looked a little terrified of the land shark staring it down. With a claw of draconic energy, the shark swipes down onto its prey. Nothing much could be done, and the Pokemon takes a massive hit.

"Zigzagoon! Dig!" your opponent orders and the dog barks in reply.

The Pokemon then digs down into the battlefield, taking a turn to get set up. Seems, lest it be said, that it would be safe for the round. Best to try and strategize here, as you see your foe send out a Poochyena.

What do you do?
Dracen grinned as Gible- no, Gabite and Centiskorch pulled off their moves flawlessly. After such a rough opening to the battle, he didn't think it was possible to be feeling this optimistic. He pumped a fist into the air and cheered his team on with an enthusiastic "YEAH!"
Though their opponent seemed to be shaken, he quickly fired back with a devastating Brave Bird. Still on low health despite having evolved, Centiskorch was no match for the powerful move, toppling over and crashing to the ground thunderously thanks to his new height. Dracen winced and recalled him, but his spirits were still high, especially once he saw the Taillow fall as well. We've got this for sure now! He set Centiskorch's Poke Ball back into his belt, and considered his remaining options. This one's certainly the riskier play, he thought, seeing a Poochyena take its place on the other side of the field, but if I can make it work, it'll definitely be worth it... He took the Cherish Ball and sent it flying high into the air, catching it on the way down and spinning to carry its momentum as he flung it out onto the battlefield.

"Mimsy, I choose you!"

"Dreeee?!"

The little Dreepy jumped as she was sent into battle. Though she'd known it was a possibility, she never thought she'd actually be sent out! She shivered as she faced down her opponent - Sent out against a Dark-Type of all things...

No. I c-can do this. She steeled herself. Fate will see me through.

"Alright, you two!" Dracen called, ignoring the Zigzagoon's frantic escape, "Time for some Serious Strategery! Mimsy, use Double Team! Gabite, Rock Smash on that Poochyena!" Kind of a cheap move to rely on Double Team, he admitted to himself, but Mimsy's defenses couldn't take a strong Dark move from a Poochyena. Hopefully, Gabite can keep it busy until that Zigzagoon's back on the field. Once that happens... we'll really turn up the pressure!

Cy, Bug Trainer

FB Profile
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out > Hall of Records