UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Anime

Old 04-16-2020, 04:40 AM   #7851
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Send a message via AIM to Doppleganger
Tower of God

This seems to be the big hype of the season and it's pretty MEH. I watched the Youjo Senki movie and it was eons more entertaining than this.

It doesn't even feel Japanese. The script is delivered by Japanese actors but doesn't feel like it was originally written that way. It feels Korean in approach and premise, and I'm sure that's what it is.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Doppleganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2020, 02:45 PM   #7852
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

Kaguya-sama: Love is War

One year late to the party (again), but quarantine boredom is getting to me so decided to binge through this series after landing on a bunch of YT clips (led there from Gekkan Shoujo) and decided may as well just watch the whole thing at this point - especially since S2 apparently just started airing. (In that sense, it was nice to marathon right before since it picks up precisely where S1 left off.) It feels like a mix between Ouran, His & Her Circumstances, with a dash of School Rumble (misunderstandings/overly complex confession plans), and heck sometimes I'm simply in the mood for some silly stupid romcom antics. =P

That said, what I was most pleasantly surprised by was Ishigami's character, who reminds me a lot of my own UPN Ronpa OC. o.O; I went ahead and read his sad backstory arc in the manga out of curiosity since I wasn't sure if S2 would adapt it... And then proceeded to catch up completely to see his whole progression so far. Whoops. ^^;

Seriously tho Ishigami is best girl. <3

Last edited by lilboocorsola; 04-16-2020 at 03:06 PM.
lilboocorsola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2020, 08:05 AM   #7853
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

That fella needs to up his game. A REAL man would say to the girl he likes, "For you, I won't wear anything at all".

Lotso-Fuggin-Updates

Tower of God

I'm at episode 3 of this. I guess I should walk back a little of what I said before. It's not MEH, it's OKAY.
What it is - essentially, the Trick Tower arc of Hunter x Hunter, expanded over a full anime season.
The early HxH influences are clearly felt, with the Tower of God combining both Greed Island, the Hunter Exam and Kukuroo Mountain arcs into one.
I can't say that these characters are as charismatic as HxH - far from it - but it's serviceable. A lot of people certainly felt like ideas raised in the early HxH manga got shafted as Togashi's interest shifted, and this seems like a response to that.

Konosuba: Legend of the Crimson Devils

This movie is pretty great, and services as a possible conclusion to the anime. That said, the last 15-20 minutes feels tacked on, and wasn't in the LN. I can understand its inclusion though to give the series closure.
If there's a disappointment, it's that this arc in the light novel really cemented Megumin as the winning heroine in this story.
Even though Konosuba is sometimes dismissed as a mere parody, the romance in the light novel is surprisingly well done, in spite of it being a "harem".
That's because only two horses were ever in the race, Megumin and Darkness, and how Kazuma sorts out his feelings for them reflects something that I feel a lot of people crave out of real-life relationships: loving the real you.

Not some idealized impression, or performance a person puts on: the real you, flaws and all. Since Megumin couldn't compete with Darkness in look, being younger and thinner, she made for a much more intimate companion and grew to love him for who he really was. That gave him the courage to try and put the moves on her - something he never did with anyone else, since his open perversion was often just an exaggerated charade.

Ultimately, this treatment just makes it fun. But the original was fun and moving, and that's a shame.

Legend of the Strongest Man Kurosawa

Still workin on this. Luckily, I got some work-shifts so I still have plenty to read up.

Shingeki no Kyojin

I watched the whole anime and read the manga like 4 times. The final arc of this story is that godly that I can't stop thinking about it and want to talk about it. Though, I think I've already fully understood the trajectory of this story.

I wonder how much Linked Horizon knew about the ending. Because the lyrics to "Guren no Yumiya" basically spell out the final act of the manga. It's really chilling.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 04-17-2020, 09:05 AM   #7854
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppleganger View Post
That fella needs to up his game. A REAL man would say to the girl he likes, "For you, I won't wear anything at all".
Despite being the most "moe", Chika is actually the one girl who hasn't had any significant romantic interactions with the rest of the cast, playing the somewhat "straight man" to their shenanigans. By contrast (manga spoilers) …

Spoiler: show
Ishigami is turning out to be the true "harem protag" of the story, and has come the closest to "getting some". It's actually a pretty heartbreaking moment though. His (initially) one-sided crush on his senpai gave me vibes of Kurosawa @Takigawa in Onani Master Kurosawa at first, so was bracing for some sort of ball-buster. Still, it seems there's hope for him yet, and I wish him to find happiness, regardless if/whom it's with.

Given I read S2 will only go up to the Cultural Festival arc (which is what I suspected), the above scene likely won't be animated, but at least this means we'll probably get his backstory since they already hinted at it in S1. ;(

Last edited by lilboocorsola; 04-17-2020 at 09:16 AM.
Old 04-20-2020, 06:02 PM   #7855
Connor
Flashbacker

Tower of God at least has a legitimate chance of ending before the writer dies.

I am up to date with the webtoon release. It has it's moments where it is very fun to read, the fights especially tend to be pretty stylish. It is rarely better than just okay, but it has enough to keep me coming back to it every week. I'm interested to see if they actually maintain the adaptation of the entire thing though. It's coming up to 500 chapters in total.
Connor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2020, 01:18 AM   #7856
Lanturn
Just keep swimming x2

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilboocorsola View Post

Despite being the most "moe", Chika is actually the one girl who hasn't had any significant romantic interactions with the rest of the cast, playing the somewhat "straight man" to their shenanigans. By contrast (manga spoilers) …

Ishigami is turning out to be the true "harem protag" of the story, and has come the closest to "getting some". It's actually a pretty heartbreaking moment though. His (initially) one-sided crush on his senpai gave me vibes of Kurosawa @Takigawa in Onani Master Kurosawa at first, so was bracing for some sort of ball-buster. Still, it seems there's hope for him yet, and I wish him to find happiness, regardless if/whom it's with.

Given I read S2 will only go up to the Cultural Festival arc (which is what I suspected), the above scene likely won't be animated, but at least this means we'll probably get his backstory since they already hinted at it in S1. ;(
Haven't posted here in awhile but since someone is talking about Kaguya-sama o u o

I'm in the same boat of checking out the anime and then accidentally bingeing the whole manga. There's a few golden spin-off chapters where the author makes jabs at other romcoms/popular romcoms tropes which were hilarious. I'm also a huge sucker for RomCom, and will recommend people to check it out lmao.

As for manga progression and what's being covered in S2 (kinda heavy manga spoilers)
Really wish S2 was two-cour but oh well :c S1 covered Chapter 1-47 while skipping 10 chapters. Prediction is that it will cover the Sports Festival and some of the chapters they skipped (which already happened in S2E1 with the Hayasaka shenanigans).

But honestly I don't think S2 will do as well as S1 review-wise based on the chapters covered. For those involved in Shirogane/Kaguya, they have a few moments but ultimately won't get together. It will depreciate expectations for S3.... which is pretty good I guess, cus that means the Cultural Festival arc will be surprising.

Might check out Tower of God since it seems to be quite highly rated, but generally not a fan of action animes haha.

[Current WF Adventure]
(lol totally should update these links)
Lanturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2020, 08:59 AM   #7857
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanturn View Post
Haven't posted here in awhile but since someone is talking about Kaguya-sama o u o

I'm in the same boat of checking out the anime and then accidentally bingeing the whole manga. There's a few golden spin-off chapters where the author makes jabs at other romcoms/popular romcoms tropes which were hilarious. I'm also a huge sucker for RomCom, and will recommend people to check it out lmao.

As for manga progression and what's being covered in S2 (kinda heavy manga spoilers)
Really wish S2 was two-cour but oh well :c S1 covered Chapter 1-47 while skipping 10 chapters. Prediction is that it will cover the Sports Festival and some of the chapters they skipped (which already happened in S2E1 with the Hayasaka shenanigans).

But honestly I don't think S2 will do as well as S1 review-wise based on the chapters covered. For those involved in Shirogane/Kaguya, they have a few moments but ultimately won't get together. It will depreciate expectations for S3.... which is pretty good I guess, cus that means the Cultural Festival arc will be surprising.
Lol in a way it's partially your fault since I got there from Gekkan Shoujo. XP Stop polluting me with your icky shipping ewww

Are you talking about the official "doujinshi" that was published?

Re: manga progression vs. animé

I was wondering if they'd really be able to conclude with the Cultural Festival arc this season given the number of chapters adapted in the first, but if they nyoom/skip around a lot I think they could make it? It'd be a nice closure in case the series doesn't get picked up for another season. They did already move Ishigami's first "study session" with Kaguya ahead of the fireworks in S1, likely to give her more developmental connection to her kouhai.

I do feel a bit bad binging through the manga now since I can spot little tidbits that got left out here and there, like Chika offering Shirogane flowers she just hurriedly picked outside for his Birthday in ep2. ='3 Expected it to be the eyecatch gag but I guess they wanted to keep the side "battle" between Kei and her brother for Kaguya's affections going in the background. ^^;
Old 04-21-2020, 10:23 PM   #7858
Lanturn
Just keep swimming x2

Quote:

Lol in a way it's partially your fault since I got there from Gekkan Shoujo. XP Stop polluting me with your icky shipping ewww

Are you talking about the official "doujinshi" that was published?

Re: manga progression vs. animé

I was wondering if they'd really be able to conclude with the Cultural Festival arc this season given the number of chapters adapted in the first, but if they nyoom/skip around a lot I think they could make it? It'd be a nice closure in case the series doesn't get picked up for another season. They did already move Ishigami's first "study session" with Kaguya ahead of the fireworks in S1, likely to give her more developmental connection to her kouhai.

I do feel a bit bad binging through the manga now since I can spot little tidbits that got left out here and there, like Chika offering Shirogane flowers she just hurriedly picked outside for his Birthday in ep2. ='3 Expected it to be the eyecatch gag but I guess they wanted to keep the side "battle" between Kei and her brother for Kaguya's affections going in the background. ^^;
Lol mb

I was thinking one of the side-chapters with the dream sequence where Shirogane became a RomCom protag, making fun of all the RomCom/harem protagonists. And also the one chapter they did it in 4-koma.

Kaguya's pretty popular, so I really doubt that it won't get a S3. I also doubt they'll try to complete the Cultural Festival Arc here, since it immediately ties into the Iceguya storyline. Predictions is that S3 is already in the works, and the first half will be the Cultural Festival and the second half the Ice Arc, ending in Christmas.

Yeah the manga has a lot of bright spots that sadly won't/don't make it to the anime (eyecatch gags being one).

The story about how Koga Aoi (Kaguya's VA) and how landing the role as Kaguya's VA is really charming/sweet though.

[Current WF Adventure]
(lol totally should update these links)
Lanturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2020, 11:06 PM   #7859
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanturn View Post
Lol mb

I was thinking one of the side-chapters with the dream sequence where Shirogane became a RomCom protag, making fun of all the RomCom/harem protagonists. And also the one chapter they did it in 4-koma.

Kaguya's pretty popular, so I really doubt that it won't get a S3. I also doubt they'll try to complete the Cultural Festival Arc here, since it immediately ties into the Iceguya storyline. Predictions is that S3 is already in the works, and the first half will be the Cultural Festival and the second half the Ice Arc, ending in Christmas.

Yeah the manga has a lot of bright spots that sadly won't/don't make it to the anime (eyecatch gags being one).

The story about how Koga Aoi (Kaguya's VA) and how landing the role as Kaguya's VA is really charming/sweet though.
Hmm I don't think I saw those chapters. Or else I somehow skimmed past them. ^^;

It'd be nice if they didn't have to rush to get to the Cultural Festival, though you're right S2 will probably feel unfulfilling in terms of progress in Kaguya x Shirogane's relationship then. Reading Loki's review post earlier, I agree a whole second season of the same old "will they won't they" antics, while amusing, likely won't draw in as many viewers should they push the real big developments back to a "potential" S3.

(Personally I just want to see a pretty heart balloon-filled sky in animated form hrngh)
Old 04-24-2020, 08:15 AM   #7860
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

I've been collecting artwork for Kaguya without really realizing it. I just compulsively save any pictures I find cute/sexy, and some soul searching lately has had me thinking I should open my mind a bit and try it out.

I'm still taking baby steps though.

I need to finish Legend of the Strongest Man Kurosawa (and then Onani Master Kurosawa) but I've been working 10 days straight! So I haven't done much except rewatch Shingeki no Kyojin as hype for the finale.

I did, however, download the entirety of Kimetsu no Yaiba. I've been curious due to the massive sales it's been delivering since the anime began (something like 31 million/month) and I accidentally downloaded an episode close to a year ago. I'm a little turned off by it being stereotyped for "fujos", but I don't know what that means.

Tower of God - 4

I thought this episode was really lame and highlights the problems I have with manhwa, I think. It was a bunch of mindless, no-risk action with very little of substance that wasn't already spelled out earlier.
Heck, if we're going to continue with the HxH inspirations, this very segment sounds like it's ripped straight from the current HxH arc! A war of succession between princes and princesses, where have I heard that before?

Buuuuuuut...butt.

This is my new fetish. Or it could be an old fetish I never knew I had.

Like what was the purpose of this shot? Seriously.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 04-24-2020, 03:10 PM   #7861
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

Quote:
I've been collecting artwork for Kaguya without really realizing it. I just compulsively save any pictures I find cute/sexy, and some soul searching lately has had me thinking I should open my mind a bit and try it out.

I'm still taking baby steps though.

I need to finish Legend of the Strongest Man Kurosawa (and then Onani Master Kurosawa) but I've been working 10 days straight! So I haven't done much except rewatch Shingeki no Kyojin as hype for the finale.
Wait, you never finished Onani Master Kurosawa? =O

Idk if you read our spoiler boxes, but I mentioned earlier Ishigami's arc rather reminds me of OMK in some ways, which is why I became so invested. FWIW S1 barely scratches the surface of it, and S2 will likely only cover the backstory portion.

On the subject of manhwa, saw an ad for "My Deepest Secret" webtoon the other day, and remembering how good/suspenseful "Bastard" surprisingly turned out to be decided may as well check it out while I still have time to kill. It's basically about a girl who's dating a yandere without realizing it, which is kinda refreshing to see the "creepy/crazy jealous boyfriend" trope played straight rather than romanticized (*coughs at Twilight/Fifty Shades of Grey*). Even minus the extreme "psycho serial killer" stuff, it's an eerie warning example of how easy it is to become trapped in a manipulative relationship. =/

How to get Yuki's attention:

>Regular Romcom

Meh.

>throw in despair/angst/mystery/thriller elements

owo
Old 04-25-2020, 07:55 AM   #7862
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Kimetsu no Yaiba

Overall rating: 9/10

This show is what everyone remembers or imagined Inu-Yasha to be. A storm of solid, motivated characters and amazing art/animation. Even the CGI looks on-point and not awkward.

I have to give a lot of credit to the "Tokyo arc" where Tanjiro challenges the final boss early. It was able to recontextualize this boss as a much more villainous character than a Naraku or similar antagonist. The boss is really hateful, which makes him effective.

I want to give this 10/10 and call it a Masterpiece, but Zenitsu's whining was too much and too often for me. If he had toned down the theatrics I think the show would have been truly perfect.

The massive sales are completely justified.

Why isn't there more?

Quote:

Wait, you never finished Onani Master Kurosawa? =O

Idk if you read our spoiler boxes, but I mentioned earlier Ishigami's arc rather reminds me of OMK in some ways, which is why I became so invested. FWIW S1 barely scratches the surface of it, and S2 will likely only cover the backstory portion.
I finished Molester Man. I only progressed a few chapters into OMK but I know the big spoiler, or I recognize the page without much context behind it.

Quote:

On the subject of manhwa, saw an ad for "My Deepest Secret" webtoon the other day, and remembering how good/suspenseful "Bastard" surprisingly turned out to be decided may as well check it out while I still have time to kill. It's basically about a girl who's dating a yandere without realizing it, which is kinda refreshing to see the "creepy/crazy jealous boyfriend" trope played straight rather than romanticized (*coughs at Twilight/Fifty Shades of Grey*). Even minus the extreme "psycho serial killer" stuff, it's an eerie warning example of how easy it is to become trapped in a manipulative relationship. =/

How to get Yuki's attention:

>Regular Romcom

Meh.

>throw in despair/angst/mystery/thriller elements

owo
Manwha is too addicted to NTR ends for me to really get invested in most romcoms. The quality of writing these days is just notoriously bad or has to be heavily contextualized with copious sexuality (like Tsugumomo). Shipping is also bad for adventures series that tend to be light on romance.

It's a rough time for renai.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 04-25-2020, 09:33 AM   #7863
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

Quote:
I finished Molester Man. I only progressed a few chapters into OMK but I know the big spoiler, or I recognize the page without much context behind it.
Which page is that?

Quote:
Manwha is too addicted to NTR ends for me to really get invested in most romcoms. The quality of writing these days is just notoriously bad or has to be heavily contextualized with copious sexuality (like Tsugumomo). Shipping is also bad for adventures series that tend to be light on romance.

It's a rough time for renai.
...Given the premise of "My Deepest Secret", I'd say NTR is the best possible end for the girl honestly. (Go detective boy! Steal her away from that psycho!) That or not dating anyone. Ż\_(ツ)_/Ż

Last edited by lilboocorsola; 04-25-2020 at 11:25 PM.
Old 04-25-2020, 10:21 PM   #7864
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Quote:

Which page is that?
It looks like this:

あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 04-25-2020, 11:10 PM   #7865
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

Quote:
It looks like this:

...Yeah that's accurate. (Did you draw it yourself?)

That moment is part of what made Ishigami's arc remind me of OMK, though the situation's a little different (and the real "juicy" gut-punch scene likely won't make it into this season unfortunately).
Old 04-26-2020, 11:03 PM   #7866
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Yes, that is my work. I was unable to actually find the page through Google searching, so I had to recreate it.

See, it's iconic! There's no ambiguity with that spoiler, everyone recognizes it. I don't even know who the top characters are, but I know the spoiler.

Kimetsu no Yaiba - manga

I had to pick it up because I felt so unfulfilled after the anime ended.

I think the manga is solid, but flawed. Some of that is due to the Jump formula, others is due to the general plot scheme and presentation of information. It's clear just how much the anime improved on the premise, and I'm really glad for it.

My big beef is there's almost no humanity in the manga, or slice-of-life downtime chapters. I guess you could call it "filler". The manga is too lean and too compressed, so within the span of a year, we go from demons at their most powerful to being basically extinct.

The basic flow of the story is like linear level progression in a video game:

Act 1: Vanilla demon
Act 2: Morphed demon
Act 3: Blood Art demon
Act 4: Ex-Lower Moon
Act 5: Lower Moon
Act 6: Lower Moon #1
Act 7: Upper Moon
Act 8: Two Upper Moons
Act 9: All Upper Moons + Progenitor

What really drew me in to the first few arcs was the presentation of demons as folklore monsters, with a mysterious origin. Giving the demons a defined origin is the first make-or-break moment of the manga, similar to the revelation in SnK that Eren is a titan.

What I'm sure annoys some people are the "dropped plotlines". Something is brought up earlier in the manga, but then a change in information and circumstance causes that earlier lead to simply disappear. Cases in point,

1. Tanjiro questions demons about how to turn a demon into a human. He stops this after a chance encounter with Tamayo who already knows how to do this.
2. The Lower Moons were portrayed as immensely powerful but were wiped out by Kibutsuji after Rui was killed.
3. Kibutsuji couldn't find the HQ of the Demon Slayers until promoting Nakime to Upper Moon Four, which happened after the Slayers had killed Hatengu.
4. The Breath of the Sun 13th form was the supposed method to kill Kibutsuji, but Tanjiro didn't get to reach it, instead Kibutsuji was delayed long enough for the sun to kill him.

I wonder if this is an editorial flaw. If stuff wasn't portrayed as a singular option, I don't think deviating from those options would be so jarring.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 04-27-2020, 09:25 AM   #7867
Connor
Flashbacker

The Demon Slayer anime is basically a 101 in what makes Ufotable so great as a studio imo. I honestly think they're best in business for action right now.
Old 04-27-2020, 10:29 PM   #7868
Loki
The Path of Now & Forever

Only new series I'm watching is Kaguya-sama S2 for obvious reason. It's been pretty good. My backlog is pretty large and yet I never really find time to watch it despite all the free time I have lol.

Made in Abyss, Promised Neverland, never finished Magia Record, PSO2 Episode Oracle (more out of curiosity about the game rather than it being a good anime), a few others.

Meanwhile, I did rewatch shows I know I like. Not very productive use of my time I guess.
Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2020, 07:06 PM   #7869
McSweeney
Soul Badge

Is Magia Record no good? I'm still a big fan of the franchise (even Rebellion, which I didn't like the first time I watched it, but liked it more every time I re-watched it), but I've put off watching it because the fact it's based off a freaking MOBILE GAME really turned me off.

Smoking Gary sez:
"Stay in school kidz"
McSweeney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2020, 10:12 AM   #7870
Loki
The Path of Now & Forever

In the episodes I watched, it had an ever increasing number of plot lines and it just fell off my regular watching schedule. The stuff I saw wasn't bad IMO, just my idiot monkey brain not keeping with it.
Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2020, 03:40 AM   #7871
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connor View Post
The Demon Slayer anime is basically a 101 in what makes Ufotable so great as a studio imo. I honestly think they're best in business for action right now.
Do you have recommendations of other anime of that quality?

I'm only familiar with ufotable through the Fate etc. adaptions, but they're not that impressive. They're, at best, on par with the Shingeki no Kyojin adaptation as a more or less scene-for-scene adaptation. Very competent, but by the numbers.

KnY actually elevates the material, to the point that the segment I stumbled on last year involving the Drum House felt like something out of Princess Mononoke or Kakurenbo Otokoyo. Stuff was added from supplementary materials, rearranged or drawn out for dramatic purposes.

I'm finishing up Kurosawa (Strongest Man) and starting Made in Abyss. I'd formerly let MIB play out because I didn't want to follow it weekly.

I'm considering dropping Tower of God because it's painful to watch after Kimetsu no Yaiba. It feels so surface level and by the numbers, without any of the heart or passion of the latter.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 05-01-2020, 06:42 AM   #7872
Connor
Flashbacker

Oh I was speaking specifically from the standpoint of the animation quality. I am a bit of an armchair watcher but their work on KnY and specifically the Heaven's Feel films strikes me as especially good animation, even for my generally limited knowledge. I'm not one to normally dig into an actual studio, for the most part I can only name a handful, but ufotable were one of the ones where I went out of my way to find out who actually animated the series because it was so striking to me.

Saying they were the best was largely hyperbole but I've not seen anything else of that level personally.
Old 05-01-2020, 01:56 PM   #7873
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

As it so happens, I did managed to find something of that caliber.

Made in Abyss
RATING: 10/10 (Masterpiece)

There's only one flaw to this anime. It's short and incomplete. But what was here was, pound for pound, among the best I've seen. It's a venus flytrap of an anime - something that ensares you and never lets go.

I'm incensed that this wasn't at least 26 episodes, and there's no more in the pipeline. This aired almost three years ago and there's been no sequel.

The artwork and animation are outstanding, it's almost 100% hand drawn. There are few CGI models but it's rare.

I love how clean it is too. I wasn't interested in the original manga due to how amateurish it looks. The anime fixed all those problems and then some.

Back to longing for good stuff I guess.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 05-01-2020, 07:51 PM   #7874
KamenAeons
ROASTY ROASTY

I believe there's a movie coming out which continues on from the Made In Abyss anime. Don't recall when it comes out.

Yukirin is awesome for doing this for me! And by Yukirin, I mean lilbleucorsola.
3DS FC: 1607 2923 7949

The Kamen Fleet (TL5 / A- Grade Referee) | Cameron Kalmia: Viridian's Maskmaker
Hizumi Yukikaze: Emerald Breeze~ | Tokikou Nobuyuki: Time Mage
Ludger Bullenaar: Bastion of Raji City | Helena Levinton: Violet Stitching
Shizuya Kasen: SHSL Armourer

Waifu Squadron and Explorers | Cavern of Chaotic Creativity

Paradise lies beyond the horizon, challenge it because it is unreachable.
Speak of the absolute territory, and grasp it with your hands.

SAAVE ME

FLOOF AND MOFUMOFU JUSTICE! *WHACK*

"Quit poking my face! >_<"
"Ahahaha, you'll never get rid of this! *hiss*"

"STOP POKING MY SISTER!"

"That was a terrible idea. But holy carp, this tastes pretty nice."

Kamen's mind:

"YOUKOSO WAGA CRAZY E"

Love burns brightly for one and all.

Please don't diss idols or fluffy things in my presence.
KamenAeons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2020, 05:58 AM   #7875
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

I've caught up on the Made in Abyss manga.

The anime covers Layers 1-4, leaving off on a huge arc that takes place in Layer 5. The manga then continues on and is at the end of what I presume to be the arc of Layer 6.

I'm half expecting that, once the party reaches Layer 7 or below, they'll explode if they so much as jump.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Anime