UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > Secret Bases

Old 08-20-2017, 05:44 PM   #201
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

"Generally, yeah," Keith nodded. "I mean, if it's crucial that I get every detail ASAP, Luna doesn't screw around, but yeah, she generally just gives me enough information to nudge me in the right direction."

"Heh, yeah, ya hang around yer teammates long enough, yer gonna start pickin' up some o' da stuff dey say or do," nodded Meowth.

"Yeah, I thought I had this in the bag," grinned Anion. "I gotta see about getting Keith to get me back in the Move Tutor- that's how I learned Gunk Shot in the first place. Right now, though, he's got Eon in there learning new move after new move."
Old 08-20-2017, 06:31 PM   #202
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

"I see..." Chroma said ponderously. "That's certainly a good thing to keep in mind, in case something comes up during a visit or something!"

Butternut was in a state of denial. 'Dey haven' even been here for two months, do! It can' be dat fast!'

'Hopefully you'll get your turn again soon!' Bell turned to face the door he was hanging off of just a few seconds earlier. 'Could the starfish have opened this on its own...?'

Tangled Feet- "Only I have the right to hit me!"
Median Dia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 06:59 PM   #203
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

"Yeah, true," Keith nodded.

"It don't take as long as ya tink," Meowth remarked. "Barely a week afta Keith got Myrtle, I almost called him Meat Sack at one point."

"Well, the Starmie I got as a teammate has psychic power," remarked Anion. "If your teammate is what evolves into Starmie, I wouldn't doubt that it's got psychic power, too. Could've easily opened the door on its own if that's the case."
Old 08-20-2017, 07:10 PM   #204
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

"Oh. speaking of!" Chroma exclaimed. "Do you have any idea how long it will be before you can move into your new place? A rough estimate will do if you don't have any specifics yet."

'...Oh.' Butternut looked a little sheepish at that revelation. 'Guess I gotta count mah, ahem, blessings that it took dis long.'

'That makes sense! Okay then...' The dewpider readied to push the door open. '...Let's see if it's in here!'

Old 08-20-2017, 07:15 PM   #205
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

"It's likely to be a while, still," Keith replied. "They finished work on the Pokémon Center and the lighthouse, but construction on my house itself is taking a good, long while... At least I can stay in the Pokémon Center while they're working, though," he added fairly. "I'm hoping it won't be much more than another month. Maybe sooner. It all depends on how quickly and smoothly everyone involved is able to get things done."

"Yeah," Meowth nodded. "Besides which, it ain't like hangin' around yer teammates is gonna change youse completely. Yer gonna pick up on one or two tings, but yer still gonna be yerself."

Anion grinned and followed Bell through the door, ready to look around and help seek out the star they sought.
Old 08-20-2017, 07:40 PM   #206
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

"A lighthouse, a Pokemon Center, and a main building?!" Chroma shook her head a look of awe. "And we thought that we were being too big and fancy! Well, at least you're not sleeping on the road anymore."

'...I sure hope so.' The Seed Pokemon(?) said with a sigh. 'I don' wanna be too much like any o' da others.'

They didn't have to look much, if the soft red light that it was emitting met their eyes as soon as the door was open. 'Greetings, friends! I hope you two have been enjoying yourselves.'

'I know I am!'
Bell agreed, glad that they didn't have to search the whole building.

Old 08-20-2017, 09:14 PM   #207
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

"Heh, well, with the new Elite Four changing the laws governing Secret Bases, I found it much easier to go all-out," Keith grinned. "My old base was required by law to be in a tree, and there's only so many different areas they allowed it to be built in- now I can have it much closer to where the Banette's Revenge is docked. Hence the lighthouse- Meowth's Flash always helps me out at sea when it gets dark, but not every ship has that luxury, and I wanna do my part to avoid shipwreck," he said. "Heh," he chuckled. "That ship of mine, though, she's prevailed through all sorts of situations. Horrible storms, pirate attacks, even being almost swallowed by a Wailord!"

"I don't tink ya gots nothin' ta worry about," Meowth grinned. "Just keep bein' yerself. Ain't dat hard ta do."

"Hiya!" Anion greeted the Staryu. "Yeah, we've been having lots of fun! Bell here wanted to ask if you could do the thing with the... eh, you can explain it better," she trailed off sheepishly as she turned to Bell, forgetting exactly what it was Bell stated that the Staryu could do to show them the memory.
Old 08-20-2017, 09:32 PM   #208
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

"Or, you know, go at all." Chroma interjected after Keith brought up the last government. "Eight months is an awfully long time to be effectively homeless- even a treehouse like yours would've been a blessing!" Keith's explanation behind the lighthouse was expected for sure, but nonetheless interesting. "Not to mention the potential of Shadow Death From Above! You guys did good work with her, that's for sure."

'True enough, I guess,'
Butternut admitted. 'Maybe. Was I such a worrywart before da giveaway...?'

Bell shrugged. 'I really only know the basic premise...'

'Ah, no need to worry, I know precisely what you sought me out for!' Somehow, the staryu gave everyone the idea of happy enthusiasm despite its blank, emotionless-seeming face. 'Before we go about drawing out whatever memories you wish, I do believe we're missing an essential step to enjoying the company of another. I am Miapladicus, though you may call me Mia, Plad, or both- whatever most fits your view of me!'

Old 08-20-2017, 11:13 PM   #209
kawaiiconcept
Soul Badge

Unlike last time they met the day was clear and bright. Kawaii had two Pokemon held for safety in balls at her belt, meanwhile a well groomed espeon trotted ahead of her trainer. As they approached the large building the trainer whistled slowly under her breath. "This must be the place huh.” she observed. Frieghya nodded and ran forward excitedly.

Thanks to my best friend Missingno Master for the banner
óÓŇň furry, witch, and pansexual.
Little (little age of 2-4)
Hater of loss meme
Little (space): someone who goes to a younger sense of mind to deal with stress and anxiety.
crazy in love with my boyfriend AcendedDailga
kawaiiconcept is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 11:52 PM   #210
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

"That's a good point," Keith agreed. "Before I had my old place, I spent years just living out of Pokémon Centers and hotels... yeah, my first Secret Base wasn't exactly what I'd have pictured, but it was still home to me, and I still loved the place," he nodded. He then smiled as Chroma remarked on the Banette's Revenge. "Thanks," he replied. "My Pokémon and I built her ourselves... five years ago, I believe."

Meowth shrugged. "Hey, speakin' o' dat giveaway, where... where'd dey discover youse in da first place?" he asked. "Eva since not winnin' his own Pumpkasaur, Keith's tried ta find one in da wild, wit no luck watsoever."

"That name's a mouthful, alright," said Anion. "I'll call you Mia, yeah. As for me, the name's Anion," the Minun introduced herself.
Old 08-21-2017, 09:01 PM   #211
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

(OOC: I will be using different colors for Kawaii's visit: Red for Amicae and her pokemon, Pink for Dichromatia and her Procession; I'm also using these 4 Rare Candies on Nadie.

*Nadie was elevated from Lv. 16 to Lv. 20!*
*Nadie learned Imprisson!*)

For a few moments, it seemed as if nothing had stirred within the gaudy cathedral, then a sharp cry of pain split the air. "Ow, wo, wo ,wo, wo, OW! What was that for?!" The door swung open to reveal Ami... with a grubbin attached to her hand. "Oh, Kawaii! What a surprise!"

~ ~ ~

"Five years, huh?" Chroma echoed. "That's quite some time. Kinda puts my time as a trainer into perspective..."

'I, uh, uhm...' Butternut struggled to call up anything akin to an answer. '...I 'ave no idea. Guess i was too young to remember before dat Arnie guy had us...?'

'Very well. It is a pleasure to meet you, Anion!' The staryu bowed as best it could for a moment before rising back up and continuing. 'Now, I'm sure that I do not need to explain the value of memories. They are the tales that help enliven one's life, the provisions that allow us to truly celebrate our lives- even the bleakest ones can prove quite enjoyable later on in one's existence! But, they are also at risk: for most beings, all of us included, recalling a memory changes something about it in one's mind. Perhaps a small detail gets omitted, perhaps a color gets misplaced. This is why many have taken to writing their experiences down, and why I've taken it upon myself, with the power that naturally wells up on this land, to crystallize and preserve these marvelous tokens- and, it seems, you've come to request my services. Is this correct?'

Bell nodded. '...Yeah, I guess so.'

Mia/Plad nodded and addressed the Electric type. 'How about you, Anion? Is there part of your celebration you would like to make permanent?'

Last edited by Median Dia; 08-21-2017 at 09:09 PM.
Old 08-21-2017, 11:40 PM   #212
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

"Yeah, and I've been a Trainer since I was 14," Keith added. "I've been in the Fizzytopia region for over a decade by now."

"Dat's fair," Meowth nodded. "I don't remember much from when I was dat young, either."

Miapladicus went on to explain about memories- how one's perception of their own memories were susceptible to being unknowingly altered by one's own mind, details gotten wrong. "I think I get it," Anion nodded. "One of my teammates is a Ditto, and whenever he's gotta Transform on something going on memory alone, he always screws up at least a little detail. I was told he once Transformed into me going off memory, and wound up with friggin' Plusle cheeks," she scowled. "I mean, I got nothing against Plusle, but to mistake me for one, as if the two species are interchangeable like that..." Anion shook her head. "I don't buy into that shit. I'm a Minun, not a Plusle, and I don't need no stinking Plusle to form some matching set that people always seem to think oughta be a thing!" She paused, and turned back to Bell and Mia. "...Uh, continue," she sheepishly encouraged the Staryu. "Sorry about that, kinda went off on a tangent there for a second..." She listened to the rest of the Staryu's speech- apparently, it was able to crystallize and preserve memories, to circumvent the issue of imperfectly recalling them. Finally, it asked Anion if she had any sort of memory she wanted crystallized and preserved forever. "Hmm..." murmured Anion, considering this. "There is one I really like," she finally said. "Little while ago, me and Bell here had a battle, and I finally got the chance to use a Z-Move for the first time- Acid Downpour! That was friggin' awesome, and I never wanna forget that moment," she grinned.
Old 08-22-2017, 10:52 AM   #213
kawaiiconcept
Soul Badge

(OoC: i'll use red too)
Kawaii smiled "Hi Ami, I was in the area and decided to say hi."

Hater of loss meme
Little (space): someone who goes to a younger sense of mind to deal with stress and anxiety.
Old 08-22-2017, 05:47 PM   #214
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

"Well, you're more than welcome to stop by!" She then knelt to speak directly to Freighya. "You look even prettier than usual. Nadie's currently downstairs, I believe." She raised the hand that didn't have a nervous Bug type attached to it in a silent question to pet her.

~ ~ ~

Chroma gave a long whistle. "A whole decade of adventuring. I can't even imagine what it must feel like to look back on that now."

'I don' think most folks would,' Butternut agreed. 'Do Chroma does seem to be da type to find da ones dat do, I guess.'

Mia nodded( moved an arm?) as Anion explained Jack's blunder. 'That is most certainly a splendid example!' it declared before continuing with its speech. 'Ah, you're choosing a very fresh memory! Thank you, by the way- I did happen to miss that match earlier.' It rolled over to a nearby warp circle, then seemed to remember something. 'Oh! This probably doesn't affect you, Anion, but I do have a disclaimer. While you two do control how much of the memory gets crystallized, I wind up learning of what happened immediately afterwards in the process. I do promise to keep any secrets I wind up uncovering, though I am aware that some might be made uncomfortable by it. Knowing that, do you still wish to proceed?'

Bell had looked a bit nervous during Miapladicus' disclaimer, but nodded anyway. 'Y-yeah, I do.'

Old 08-22-2017, 06:16 PM   #215
kawaiiconcept
Soul Badge

Frieghya purred and let the trainer pet her Thanks Ami. she smiled.
Kawaii gestured to the grub on the other trainer's arm "so who's that?"

Hater of loss meme
Old 08-22-2017, 07:42 PM   #216
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

"It can be mind-blowing," Keith replied. "Especially when I'm just hanging out with Gemini and Mustard, and it just dawns on me that Gemini and I have been friends for all that time. To think he was just a baby Koffing when I found him, and now he's pretty much my strongest Pokémon."

"Some o' my teammates do remember pretty well, though," Meowth nodded. "Da Ghost-types even remember da lives dey lived before dey came back as ghosts. And den dere's da Weezing, I don't tink da larger head's eva gonna forget when he was young."

Anion shrugged. "It's cool with me. I don't have any secrets from that."
Old 08-22-2017, 09:28 PM   #217
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

"So it's a different bond from Louise and mine's, still?" Chroma asked, not expecting an answer. "Well... something tells me that you aren't going to be retiring anytime soon, either. Who know what the next decade might bring?"

'Aren't da Ghosts just continuations of da past, do?' Butternut asked, clearly not feeling like counting them, before moving the topic to Gemini. '...Why would dat be?'

'I see. Very well, then...' The staryu made it the rest of the way to the circle, disappearing just slow enough to get in a couple last words. 'Follow me!'

'...Right!' Bell made his way to the circle as well. 'There's no point in shying away right now!'

Old 08-23-2017, 12:14 AM   #218
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Keith shrugged. "Well, I feel like Gemini and Mustard are every bit as loyal to me as Myrtle is, they're just far less reluctant to show it, y'know?" He nodded as she supposed he was not about to retire. "Maybe someday I will, but that day's not coming for a long, long time," he grinned.

"Fair enough," Meowth shrugged. Then, Butternut inquired about the Weezing Meowth had mentioned, and why the Poison-type would be highly unlikely to forget his youth. "Well, just a few days afta da larger head, da one da was a Koffing, just a few days afta he hatched, dat was when Keith saved him from a pair o' bully Machop. He had ta take him to da Pokémon Center, and afta dat, Nurse Joy apparently asked Keith ta look afta da Koffing fer a week, make sure he was completely healed up, y'know? Durin' dat week, dey became best friends. Neither one o' dem forgets about dat. In fact, if a Weezing could perch on its Trainer's shoulder, I get da feelin' dat's just wat Gemini and Mustard would do."

"Exactly!" Anion grinned, following Miapladicus and Bell to the warp panel.
Old 08-23-2017, 06:00 AM   #219
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

Ami chuckled a bit with a nod. "Not a problem! I'm sure he'll be overjoyed to see you." She stood back up and stepped aside to let the visitor in and closed the door behind her. "Oh, this guy's Edrick, a grubbin I got over the GTS a couple of weeks back. He... isn't exactly comfortable around strangers yet, as you can see..."

~ ~ ~

"I thought as much," Chroma responded to both points at the same time. "I don't think we'll be retiring anytime soon, either- both of us have been through at least one officially recognized adventure by now, and doesn't look like Ami's backing down to me!"

'Ooooh, I see!' Butternut declared when Meowth finished his story. 'Dat's a rare kind of bond, don'tcha think?'

The panel brought the trio to a long hallway with a great stained-glass window on the end opposite of a door. Already, a few things that looked like technicolor puzzle pieces were floating within the premises. 'Those, dear friends, are memories I've already brought to solidity. Here in this room is one of the few places where I can use this power the stars have granted me, and so I shall use them on you. Bell, I'll do yours first, if you don't mind.'

'W-wait, why?'

'You'll probably just worry and beat yourself up over it if I give you more time, and that's no fun for anyone! Now then, close your eyes.'

The dewpider did as he was told and took a deep breath as Mia/Plad touched the edge of his Water Bubble. That wasn't enough for it to work with, apparently, as she pressed in to breach the surface tension and came in brief contact with his head. 'I'm sorry if this is remotely uncomfortable for you. Now, bring your desired memory to mind...' A bluish-green light appeared at the point of contact for a couple seconds, then the staryu pulled its arm away... with a puzzle piece swirling with sahades of orange, red, and... pink?

'All done! You may open your eyes now!' Mia made a serious of odd noises that were probably supposed to be laughter before telepathically telling Bell something so that Anion couldn't hear. Once the dewpider nodded, it went on as usual. 'Right! I haven't seen one as energy filled as this one for a long while! Good choice, sir, good choice!'

Old 08-23-2017, 12:09 PM   #220
kawaiiconcept
Soul Badge

Kawaii smiled and entered the house with her pokemon. Frieghya brushed past Ami and followed her intuition to where her mate was. Kawaii nodded "understandable"

Hater of loss meme
Old 08-23-2017, 05:51 PM   #221
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

Ami brought her arms back into a posiotion where her grubbin wouldn't fall onto the floor if he decided to let go of her hand. "I don't know understand why his reaction to new people is to bite me, though." She looked down at the critter as a question came to mind for the first time. "...That might not actually be a bite, now that I think about it."

The espeon's intuition led her to the basement... and let her know that Nadie was above her. 'Freighya!' he cried out as he dived toward her, pulling back up a bit once he realized that she had done her fur. 'Welcome to my home!'

Old 08-23-2017, 05:59 PM   #222
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

"Cool," Keith nodded. "What kind of adventure were you on?" he added.

"Yeah," Meowth nodded. "Though me and Keith are pretty close, too."

"Oh, cool," Anion murmured as the Staryu made appear the odd puzzle piece. "Is that it? That the memory right there?"
Old 08-23-2017, 06:35 PM   #223
kawaiiconcept
Soul Badge

Kawaii looked concerned "Really? what could it be?"
Frieghya purred happily It's really nice here.

Hater of loss meme
Old 08-23-2017, 07:37 PM   #224
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

Ami wasn't too sure how to answer. "I don't know, a pinch?" She pointed at the grubbin's face, which earned her a stronger grip. "Ow! His mouth is still quite some distance from my hand, see?"

'Yep! Ami and her sister did great work in designing the place!' Nadie landed so that he could point at a cocoon with one of his wings. 'And believe it or not, little Bell made those things almost all on his own!'

~ ~ ~

"Well, I've started putting an effort towards getting to the peak of the Cloud Gardens, so most of my time's been spent there lately." Chroma shook her head. "I'm going to need a few pokemon that can slice through tree trunks easily if I'm going to be able to continue, though."

'Yeah, you keep sayin' such. Kinda makes a 'saur jealous, I guess.' Butternut sighed. '...I think we're talkin' in circles now.'

Mia chuckled. 'Yes, that is the memory. Touching this with the will to learn, or review in some cases, will allow you to experience the battle for yourself, although from Bell's eyes!'

Bell nodded and held the puzzle piece out to his friend. 'Okay, then. Wanna see it before yours gets made, Anion?'

Old 08-23-2017, 08:19 PM   #225
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

"Cool," remarked Keith. "Yeah, it's probably worthwhile to teach Cut to some of your Pokémon. A lot of mine know it, it's a very handy move."

"Yeah, dat's a good point," Meowth nodded. "Wat say we go back to our Trainers now?" he suggested.

"Sure!" grinned the Minun, approaching the puzzle piece and reaching out to touch it.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > Secret Bases