UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Development

Old 05-01-2017, 05:48 PM   #1
PikaGod
Marsh Badge

DA SHOPS BOIZ

So in the interest of actually starting a thread on the other shops that have yet to be mentioned, I thought I would throw a quick thread up for them. So, you know, ta-da!

Da PokeMart: This is what was in the old Mart:

Quote:
Welcome to the Pokemart!
You may stock up on important items for your Pokémon quests and experiences. We carry a variety of special items that you might be interested in. Ask our friendly clerks at the counter to purchase your order. Simply post with the items you wish to purchase along with a link to your withdrawal from the Bank. Upon confirmation you are free to add the items to your inventory.

Every Monday you may post to claim one free Rare Candy. This offer is limited to 1 candy per person every Monday and only from the Pokémart of your Home Board. You may pick up a candy for another member so long as the person you are collecting for has provided a moderator with prior notice, but you cannot collect candies for inactive members. Anyone who hasn't posted in FB for 4 weeks is considered inactive. On occasion you may collect two candies on a Monday, such as with the use of the Super Pass often given out during special events.

Items for Sale:

Pokeballs
[$10] Pokeball
[$30] Great Ball
[$60] Ultra Ball
[$15] Heal Ball
[$50] Repeat Ball
[$50] Timer Ball
[$50] Nest Ball
[$50] Net Ball
[$50] Dive Ball
[$50] Quick Ball
[$50] Dusk Ball

Healing and Status Items
[ $30] Potion
[ $70] Super Potion
[$120] Hyper Potion
[$250] Max Potion
[$300] Full Restore

[ $20] Fresh Water
[ $30] Soda Pop
[ $35] Lemonade
[ $50] Moo Moo Milk

[ $10] Antidote
[ $25] Burn Heal
[ $25] Ice Heal
[ $25] Awakening
[ $20] Parlyz Heal
[ $60] Full Heal
[$150] Revive

[$50] X Attack
[$55] X Defend
[$35] X Speed
[$35] X Special

Miscellaneous Items
[$55] Escape Rope
[$30] Key Stone (stone only, accessory not included)
[$3,000] Mega Stone - There is no restriction on the type of Mega Stone available so long as it's official, but you may only purchase two stones in any one calendar year.

TMs
[$25] Telekinesis
[$35] Swift
[$40] Stealth Rock
[$50] Headbutt
[$60] Fire Punch
[$60] Ice Punch
[$60] Thunderpunch
[$75] Dynamicpunch
Honestly I am fine with pretty much keeping the Mart the way it is, except maybe have a rotating roster of TMs, as well as letting us by the fluffish items such as mail as well as hold items. That being said, hold items could easily be pushed back to the Coins for Prizes. I would also be up for intergrating the Berry Shop into the Mart, because why on Earth do we need a separate Berry Shop.

Maybe we could rename it the Poke Department Centre instead, since it now hosts a range of purchasable items.

Da Daycare!: This is what the old Daycare had:

Quote:

RULES
- Pokémon may only be dropped off on Mondays. You may only drop off a max of two (2) Pokémon each week.
- When dropping off your Pokémon, you must post their current level(s). Also, if you give them a nickname, please list their species. If we do not know what Pokémon it is, it will not be taken into Daycare.
- A Pokémon in Daycare must stay for the entire week. They cannot be taken out early for any reason.
- You cannot use Pokémon in Daycare outside of Daycare. There are exceptions, such as Gym Battles, Contests and Special Events.
- You cannot drop off Pokémon from your PC. They must be dropped off from your active party.
- If you wish to put your Pokémon back into Daycare, repost with their new levels being sure to quote your confirmation post when dropping them back off again.

Passes:
- Super Passes or Double Daycare Passes must be used on the first Monday after obtaining them. Otherwise they will be NULL and VOID.
- Post a link to where you got the pass when using it.
- Passes will allow your Pokémon to level up twice after only one week of Daycare.
- Passes may be "stacked", ie you may use more than one at a time, but only to a maximum of five in any one week.
- Passes are NOT tradeable.
My only real suggests are to take away the linking aspects of the Daycare, as well as that the Pokemon must be in your active party, as well as if you knew that you wanted to put your pokemon in for several weeks, you would be able to say that you are putting them in for X amount of weeks and you would come and pick them up at the end of the stated time period.

Da Coin Exchange: Ain't touching this till we know what is happening with coins. But it probs wouldn't change much other than a change in exchange rate. I believe that the Coin Exchange should keep the linking aspect, at least for deposits.

Da Beauty Salon/Poke Spa/PokeTreats Store: I say merge the three together, they don't need to be different threads. Other than that I can't really say much about them, having not really ever used them.

Da Training Centre/Move Tutor: Honestly I don't really see why we need to have two different stores for what are functionally very similar things. With the introduction of the 7th gen, I believe that the HM function would now be pretty useless and I feel that we can probably trust our userbase to be able to use TMs responsibly and not have to POST FOR EVERY SINGLE ONE THEY WANT TO ADD TO THEIR POKEMON.

I know that there was talk of the Move Tutor being changed to being free possibly, or at least some parts of it. Other than having link (bleh) I'm fine everything else in the Move Tutor.

Da PokeBank: I have no problems with this staying the same other than maybe not being able to exchange TMs so we don't have to worry about trying to figure out an exact exchange rate for all of them. I do believe that like the Coin Exchange, this is a shop that really should have linking attached to it, at least for deposits.
Old 05-02-2017, 05:21 PM   #2
Ex-Admiral Insane
Marsh Badge

Send a message via Skype™ to Ex-Admiral Insane
I prefer focussing on a few shops at a time before moving onto others. Most of what I have here is a base to continue with, so contend anything you harshly disagree on or have an alternative option for.
The ones that warrant more immediate input appear to me to be the Daycare, Move Tutor and Pokébank.
Quite a few shops can be implemented later. The Pokémart’s implementation is somewhat dependent on the currency system that’s being discussed. A few of the items in there are being made purchasable by coins for instance (please look at the currency thread and give your input), and I don’t want to set up fixed prices just yet until we’re more aware of what the new incomes are.

Daycare
Linking can be removed. A lot of people really don’t like all the incessant linking that’s required. It’s understandable and while I also understand the reason for it being there I think the trust system works rather well. Looking at ASB and WF for instance, there have been very few cases of people taking advantage of it (correct me if I’m wrong). Linking will, as far as I can see now, only be required for payment transactions that link to bank/candy/coin records.

Tackling old rules
I want to keep the weekly cycle, but is it necessary to restrict it to Mondays drop-offs only? I can feasibly see enlarging the time to include Tuesdays as well. I don’t know how others feel but sometimes busy schedules and timezones can get in the way.
I believe we’re scrapping the rule that Pokémon in shops can’t be used in zones. Correct me if I’m wrong but otherwise we can scrap that rule. The same goes for Pokémon in PC slots.
Shop owners should still give a confirmation post to signify the drop-off has been accounted for.

Drop-offs can be done a few different ways. What we have now is that people can get 2 free levels a week. I think it’s a good starting point to continue with, unless people really want everything to come at a cost(?). Three added possibilities that have been mentioned are
1) It’s currently restricted to 2 Pokémon 1 level each, but I believe we can free that up to have it be 1 Pokémon with 2 levels – player’s choice.
2) Dropping off Pokémon once for multiple weeks. I think we can feasibly do this. The old Egg House kept a record of dates for next pick up in the first/second post. In a similar vein, the SO can keep track of this for easy reference.
3) Paying for additional levels. People have wanted this for a while and with a good price it can be done. While nothing’s set in stone, we’re running under the assumption that people have about one zone reply a week, giving them an income of $250 a week. Both the Daycare and Move Tutor have been suggested to cost $100 each. Again; see the Currency Thread.

Move Tutor
While TMs will most likely be restricted under coin purchases, MT and EM moves will most likely remain Pokédollar purchases.

Tackling old rules
Again; linking can be removed. Most of what I mentioned in the Daycare applies here.
I’m in favour of keeping this a weekly drop-off similar to the Daycare. People were able to use it only once a week ,but they were also able to pick it up three days later. This only makes it more stressful for the SO when it really doesn’t have to be.

Similar to the Daycare, it was suggested to set the price at $100. Restoring level-up moves never cost anything other than time for having a week’s stay. Perhaps maniacal of me but I think we can set a price on them similar to EM and MT moves. Moves learned at Lv.- or moves learned upon evolution (from Alola-dex onwards) aren’t a part of this but are free to include immediately (as it has always been).

As for AM moves (Frenzy Plant, Blast Burn, Hydro Cannon, Volt Tackle and Draco Meteor). We can keep them as teachable in the Tutor House I think and set a price to them as much as we do for the others (instead of using Heart Scales). The previous limit has been that Pokémon had to be Lv.25 before they could learn them though. I don’t know what this was based on, but a more sensible restriction seems to be;
-Any fully-evolved (and compatible) starter Pokémon for Frenzy Plant, Blast Burn and Hydro Cannon
-A Pikachu with maximum Happiness for Volt Tackle
-A Dragon-type Pokémon with maximum Happiness for Draco Meteor
We can add Grass-, Fire- and Water Pledge as AM moves teachable to any starter Pokémon?
If anyone wants these moves to be able to be taught to Pokémon other than the ones I listed, please give a response why and what restrictions you intend to put on them.
(Note: I didn't include Icicle Spear from the old Move Tutor as an AM move because I honestly have no idea why it was.)

Pokébank
I think we’re mostly keeping this as is. The income will most likely remain at $250 per zone reply, meaning the old accounts can be transferred over to the new one. Linking I think will remain required for anything pertaining to currency.
As for selling items. If we want to keep that, I reckon half price of what it costs in the Pokémart sounds fair. We have no fixed prices for much of that yet so it’s possible that the Pokébank will be set up without an option for selling items, with that option being added on later once prices are known.
It should be mentioned that the SO is expected to check if word count of zone replies is 250 words or more, though I think we’re keeping it on as a guideline and not a hard limit.
Other than that, most of the rules in the old Pokébank can be kept I think.

Fizzy Bubbles Team:
Spoiler: show
Party:
Traitors:
Lost Souls:

Last edited by Ex-Admiral Insane; 05-02-2017 at 05:30 PM.
Ex-Admiral Insane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 06:47 PM   #3
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex-Admiral Insane View Post
I want to keep the weekly cycle, but is it necessary to restrict it to Mondays drop-offs only? I can feasibly see enlarging the time to include Tuesdays as well. I don’t know how others feel but sometimes busy schedules and timezones can get in the way.
Ooh, ooh, this is a big one for me. If you're going to keep cyclical activities around (be they Shops or be they anything else on a cycle), I super suggest that you allow people to partake in the activity at any given time during the cycle. What I mean is ...
  • The Daycare's newest cycle is understood by all, it's written right there in the rules, to begin at 12:00 a.m. Greenwich time on Monday.
  • At 12:01 a.m. Monday, Missingno. Master posts and does his Monday shop duties. Fine.
  • At 8:09 p.m. Monday, EAI posts. Fine.
  • At 11:59 p.m. Monday, Marion Ette posts. Fine.
So far, so status quo. However ...
  • At 12:00 a.m. Tuesday -- one minute after Marion Ette posted -- Emi posts. Fine.
  • At 12:10 a.m. Tuesday, Talon posts. Fine.
  • At 9:20 p.m. Wednesday, GS posts. Fine.
  • At 11:00 p.m. Saturday, Schala posts. Fine.
It's still fine, because we're still on the same cycle phase. Now ...
  • At 11:00 p.m. Sunday, Tyoyo posts. Cutting it close!
  • At 11:59 p.m. Sunday, Alto posts. Just in time!
  • At 12:00 a.m. Monday, uhhhhh arrives ... one minute too late. Sorry. ^^; But you can post for the newest cycle!
And that's how I'd envision it. Every week, people can post in that week for that week. You're still limited to one post per shop per week, but the day of the week you commit to the post doesn't matter. All that matters is that you posted within that cycle window. Fail to -- which is to say, post inside of whatever, later cycle window is current -- and your post will count towards that later one, and not towards whichever one it was you were trying to aim for.

One of the reasons this wasn't implemented before, I suspect, is because the staff would post a confirmation post. And the confirmation post, once posted, cuts you off from posting afterwards. And these confirmation posts were sporadic -- they didn't, for example, always show up on a Tuesday or a Thursday -- and so it was just easier for the staff to say, "You get this one day in which to post shop dropoffs and then that's it until next week."

But if we're doing away with confirmation posts from staff (because hurray honor system), OR if we can do a compromise where the shopkeeper posts his confirmation post on a Sunday (giving people the greatest amount of time possible to post in the shop), then I don't see that much problem with what I've proposed above.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Separate though related, I'd also like to suggest that if the community is to keep shops around then you make it so that people can drop off for more than one week at a time. This has been allowed for years in certain shops like the Move Tutor (where you can declare a string of HMs and then not come back for your Pokémon for weeks, even months) but in other shops like the Daycare it's never been allowed. My proposal is basically this, and we'll use the Daycare as the example:
  • MM posts saying he's dropping off his Mareanie and Salandit for one week.
  • Itzatrap posts saying he's dropping off his Sandile and Mareep for one week along with a Super Pass.
  • Talon posts saying he's dropping off his Hoppip and Hoppip for eight weeks.
The first two bullets, we already allow, and have no problem discerning. But the third bullet, we currently disallow. I'm proposing that we allow it. For two reasons:

First, it might help to take additional focus off of the shop culture while allowing people to still reap shop benefits. Instead of wasting half an hour to an hour every Monday on shops, I can waste half an hour to an hour every month on shops and free up those other three hours. (Maybe I won't choose to spend them on Fizzy Bubbles, sure, there's always that very real possibility. But maybe I also will.) I can see the other side to this too -- "it rewards people who only do shops and only want to swing by once in a blue moon for shop-related things" -- but I think my next reason is reason enough for you to agree that my change is a net positive.

Second, people who will be going on vacation or who otherwise need to step away from FB for a short while. We have had a culture here of, "Can I ask someone to do my shop duties for me? I'll be on vacation. :')" And my big question to this is: WHY!? Why not just let the vacation-goer, before he goes on vacation, drop his guys off for a declared 4-8 weeks? It's not just vacationers: students, too, can really benefit from this change. "I need to step away from UPN for the next month because I'm not doing too well in this one class and I need to study ..." That sentence should never have to be followed up with, "... But oh, shoot! I don't want to miss out on my FB goodies! Soo ... I guess I'll still check in every Monday ... What could it possibly hurt!? :3 *continues to check UPN daily and procrastinates studying*" Not everyone has this problem, but I'm sure more than a couple of people have. These people stand to benefit from a policy overhaul which allows for weeks-long or months-long dropoffs at certain shops.

(Off-topic, but related to what we've just been discussing: I am of a similar mindset that if someone knows they won't be around for Christmas, Halloween, etc. that they shouldn't be punished for not being tied to their computer that day and posting in the holiday thread for goodies. Now, in recent years the FB staff has actually been really good about this, letting threads stay up and open for seven days at a time before taking them down. This is a positive step in the right direction. But my proposal would be, let someone post that he is going to be away for Christmas/Halloween/whenever in a thread similar to Trainer Absences in the ASB, and then when that person reports back in saying, "I'm back!" or whatever, they can go and post in the holiday thread to collect their goodies. Maybe have a discretionary time limit on this of one month for vacation-related absences and one week for all other absences?)
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 07:40 AM   #4
Ex-Admiral Insane
Marsh Badge

Going through Talon's post one at a time

Drop off at any given time during the cycle
I'm divided over this. I think we are keeping the SO's confirmation post for these shops, especially since extras can be bought with Pokédollars and thus need to be linked and checked. Because of that, I'd rather the SO did't feel pressured to set up a response at the very last moment because of potential late responders. I do think however that we can increase the drop-off time. My proposal: players can drop off Mondays-Fridays, so the SO has the weekend as a buffer period to finish up the confirmation post before the new cycle begins. I think this will provide both parties enough time.

Drop off for more than 1 week at the Move Tutor
I already proposed this for the Daycare, and I believe others wanted it. I forgot to add this to the Move Tutor sections as well - so yes, I agree we should allow this.

Holiday give-away events
I haven't thought about this aspect. It's a fair point you bring forward but with everything else going on I prefer looking at this when the next event arises.

-----

Daycare/Pokémart prices
So we're only giving 2 free levels out a week. Mirroring the AC, I think the price for an additional level should be half of what it is for a move now. As well as that I want to lower the price a tad. So if;
*Learning 1 move costs $100, then;
*Obtaining 1 level costs $50

-----

We're also currently looking at the Pokémart as we believe there should be something members can spend their Pokédollars on when zones are implemented. I'll present a basis with which to start a bit later. Prices can be negotiable after the zones have been implemented if necessary though we should remember that we're sticking with the $250 per zone reply, and that prices should be set to amount of zone replies a player has (not necessarily how much they earn a week, though it's expected to be 1 zone reply per week).

Fizzy Bubbles Team:
Party:
Traitors:
Lost Souls:
Old 05-04-2017, 08:49 AM   #5
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

I like the idea of not restricting shop dropoffs/pickups to just Monday, and I think EAI's got the right idea with how to balance it so shop owners can still have a good window of time to make confirmation posts.
Old 05-04-2017, 08:49 AM   #6
Emi
Barghest Barghest Barghe-

Send a message via Skype™ to Emi
I think EAI's idea of allowing weekday dropoffs and allowing the SOs the weekend. I think its a great way to reduce the stress on both ends, with neither side feeling they have to keep a strict day window in order to do their thing.

Dropping off Pokemon for multiple weeks at the Daycare / Move Tutor with upfront payment is something that should happen. If greatly simplifies things in terms of time and effort. In addition, I think the prices should have some kind of baseline, even if its something like $100 / $150 for each. Essentially, the idea that they spend your "weekly income".

Let's do away with obsessive linking except in the Pokebank: link to show how you got your money and where its going.
Old 05-04-2017, 10:51 AM   #7
Ex-Admiral Insane
Marsh Badge

Okay, I hereby present a starting base with which to work from for the following four shops. Look at the rules and see if you agree with them (I did alter them somewhat from the old shops). Prices can be negotiable in the Department Store. I've compiled the current bank records and coin records and posted here the Pokédollar balances of what I believe to be the current member base.

As for the berries in the Department Store. I recall people wanting some sort of Berry Zone to replace the weekly give-away. We could just make them purchasable but one other thing I thought of was reshaping the shop so that players could once a week plant a berry and have it sprout into a tree by the end of the week (for a price). Essentially it's like the weekly drop off of the Daycare and Move Tutor, but to start they have to purchase their first berry from the Department Store.

-----

The Daycare Centre:
The Daycare Centre

Do you need a small boost to get past that Gyarados? Do you want to be able to evolve that new Pokémon of yours? Is it perhaps that you just can’t seem to beat Whitney’s Miltank for some reason? Perhaps that’s because your dear Pokémon friends require a small power-up of some kind. Then look no further! Our facilities are top-notch, receiving 5 out of 5 possible Victini points every year from the government in every category with an overall satisfaction guarantee of 92%! But don’t take it from us, just ask these people:

Youngster Joey: “When I first started on my journey, my Rattata got beaten up by every kid from New Bark Town. Now though, thanks to the help of the people at the Daycare Centre, my Pokémon is the top percentage of Rattata. I still get beaten though.”

Fisherman Justin: “I used to only have 4 Magikarp that were too weak to evolve. I kept losing every battle because they only knew Splash. Thanks to the Daycare Centre, my Magikarp evolved into Gyarados. They won’t listen to me though because I don’t have enough Gym Badges.”

Rules:
1. Once a week, you may drop off Pokémon to increase their levels. Drop offs can be done on Monday through Friday.
2. Once the Shop Owner has confirmed your drop off, your Pokémon will have gained the indicated levels at the end of the week (Sunday, 11:59 PM GMT).
2. You get 2 free levels a week. You may choose either two Pokémon to give one level each, or one Pokémon to give two levels to.
3. You may pay to increase the amount of levels gained in a week. The cost is $75 per level.
3. You may drop off a Pokémon for more than one week. For each week, the Pokémon will gain the appropriate amount of levels.
4. If paying for more than the standard 2 free levels a week, you must post a link to your Pokébank withdrawal.
5. If posting a Pokémon’s nickname, please make sure to also note the species.

The Move Tutor:
The Move Tutor
Insert funny little introduction I’m too tired to write

Rules:
1. Once a week, you may drop off Pokémon to learn a Move Tutor, XD, Colosseum, Egg or Advanced Move. (Event moves are restricted to zone Move Tutors.) Drop offs can be done on Monday through Friday.
2. Once the Shop Owner has confirmed your drop off, your Pokémon will have gained the indicated moves at the end of the week (Sunday, 11:59 PM GMT).
2. There is a fee of $150 for each move taught to a Pokémon
3. You may drop off a Pokémon for more than one week. You must post every move that is to be taught over this period of time. Payment is to be made up front.
4. You must post a link to your Pokébank withdrawal for these services.
5. If posting a Pokémon’s nickname, please make sure to also note the species.

Advanced Moves:
The moves Frenzy Plant, Blast Burn, Hydro Cannon, Volt Tackle and Draco Meteor may be taught here. Each move may only be taught to a specific few Pokémon and each has its own requirements.
- Frenzy Plant, Blast Burn, Hydro Plant may be taught to the fully evolved forms of starter Pokémon.
- Volt Tackle may be taught to a Pikachu with Maximum Happiness
- Draco Meteor may be taught to any (non-Mega) Dragon-type Pokémon with Maximum Happiness

The Pokébank:
Pokébank

Rules:
1. All cash you own must be recorded in the bank.
2. You may make only one post in which to edit new transactions.
3. Once the shop has been updated with your new balance, you must make a new post for your transactions. Please do NOT edit your old post thereafter.
4. You will receive $250 per zone reply of 250+ words. Should you post less than the 250 word minimum required of a zone reply you will receive no cash at all.
5. All deposits and withdrawals must have an accompanying link to where it was earned/spent.
6. If there was a transaction you forgot to add or if you expect to be away for a period of time, contact the Shop Owner to make arrangements.

Balances:
134: 00 Pokédollars
Connor: 1,555 Pokédollars
CyberBlastoise: 3,750 Pokédollars
Dark Searchman: 5,960 Pokédollars
Emi: 3,450 Pokédollars
EpicSquirtle: 500 Pokédollars
Escalion: 2,850 Pokédollars
Ex-Admiral Insane: 5,320 Pokédollars
kawaiiconcept: 3,630 Pokédollars
Lil'twick: 630 Pokédollars
Lt. BLEU™: 1,680 Pokédollars
Marion Ette: 2,950 Pokédollars
MedMana: 3,990 Pokédollars
Meetan: 4,550 Pokédollars
Missingno. Master: 5,650 Pokédollars
Monster Guy: 4,490 Pokédollars
myahoo: 5,620 Pokédollars
Naruxami: 3,070 Pokédollars
OkikuMew: 3,545 Pokédollars
PeeGee: 4,400 Pokédollars
Raves: 5,235 Pokédollars
Samayouru: 2,960 Pokédollars
Schala: 3,960 Pokédollars
Sparkbeat: 3,110 Pokédollars
swampertforever: 2,255 Pokédollars
Tyoyo3131: 3,190 Pokédollars
uhhhhh: 1,500 Pokédollars

The Department Store:
The Department Store

General Items:
$25 – Escape Rope
$150 – Rare Candy
$∞ – A pack of 5 Gummis Currently out of stock
$∞ – Soothe Bell Currently out of stock

Pokéballs:
$25 – Pokéball
$35 – Great Ball
$50 – Ultra Ball
$50 – Dive Ball, Dusk Ball, Heal Ball, Nest Ball, Net Ball, Quick Ball, Repeat Ball, Timer Ball
$150 – Luxury Ball

Healing Items:
$ ∞ – Potion Currently out of stock
$ ∞ – Super Potion Currently out of stock
$ ∞ – Hyper Potion Currently out of stock
$ ∞ – Max Potion Currently out of stock
$ ∞ – Full Restore Currently out of stock
$200 – Revive
$80 – Status Healers (Antidote, Parlyz Heal, Awakening, Burn Heal, Ice Heal)
$120 – Full Heal

Berries:
$100 – Basic Status-curing Berries (Cheri, Chesto, Pecha, Rawst, Aspear, Leppa, Oran, Persim)
$150 – Advanced Status-curing Berries (Lum, Sitrus, Figy, Wiki, Mago, Aguav, Iapapa)
$50 – Stat-altering Berries (Pomeg, Kelpsy, Qualot, Hondew, Grepa, Tamato, Liechi, Ganlon, Salac, Petaya, Apicot, Lansat, Starf, Micle, Custap)
$150 – Type Effectiveness Berries (Occa, Passho, Wacan, Rindo, Yache, Chople, Kebia, Shuca, Coba, Payapa, Tanga, Charti, Kasib, Haban, Colbur, Babiri, Roseli, Chilan)
$25 – Other Berries (Razz, Bluk, Nanab, Wepear, Pinap, Cornn, Magost, Rabuta, Nomel, Spelon, Pamtre, Watmel, Durin, Belue)

Hold Items:
$100 – Power Gems – 1x use (Fire, Water, Electric, Grass, Ice, Fighting, Poison, Ground, Flying, Psychic, Bug, Rock, Ghost, Dragon, Dark, Steel, Normal, Fairy)
$500 – Incense (Full, Lax, Luck, Odd, Pure, Rock, Rose, Sea, Wave)
$500 – Type Enhancers [I](Black Belt, Black Glasses, Charcoal, Dragon Fang, Hard Stone, Magnet, Miracle Seed, Mystic Water, Never-Melt Ice, Poison Barb, Sharp Beak, Silk Scarf, Silver Powder, Soft Sand, Spell Tag, Twisted Spoon, Stainless Gear)
$300 – Turn-order Items (Quick Claw, Lagging Tail)
$300 – Smoke Ball
$100 – Cleanse Tag

Mail:
$25 – 5 pieces of mail with a specific scheme (Bluesky, Eon, Flower, Liteblue, Lovely, Mirage, Morph, Music, Portrait, Surf)

Fizzy Bubbles Team:
Party:
Traitors:
Lost Souls:

Last edited by Ex-Admiral Insane; 05-06-2017 at 07:29 AM.
Old 05-04-2017, 11:14 AM   #8
Raves
a quick fly cuppa

Location: Life and love make fools of us all. Gods reject the existence of love and life.
Send a message via Skype™ to Raves
Alright, lemme have a lookie.

Daycare: Perfectly fine.
Move Tutor: What would we be doing about other moves, such as HM moves and event moves such as those from purification in Colo/XD and general events? Would these be categorised under the same stipulations? Apart from that, this seems fine too.
The Pokebank: Perfectly fine too.
The Department Store: Ooooookay, I've some things to say here.

Buyable candies: I'm very much on the fence about this, mostly leaning towards the 'heck no' side of things. On one hand, making candies a consumable is all well and that, but didn't we discuss the free weekly candy somewhere?

Regarding gummis, I feel being able to buy them would be a little odd, and feel that they could be a product of whatever we deem fit in regards to berries.

How would the Soothe Bell work? Would it be a consumable that gives +1 to happiness, and if so, what would happen to the salon?

Healing items, I have to make a disagreement with. A standard potion for the early stage pokemon would be as effective as a hyper potion for the later stage pokemon, and I feel that placing a degree of efficiency on each potion would make the lesser potions useless. Where would this leave the drink items in terms of healing? I feel we should have a discussion on healing items with regards to this.

Mail should be removed completely. When was the last time anyone here used mail, seriously?

I was a little iffy on berries being sold here (and the lack of Enigma berry in the stat altering table) until I reread and saw the thought on planting them. Berries in this case would be suited to their own seperate shop (Tropius' Arboretum?) where we can deal with the purchase and growth of berry trees.

Regarding the use of some items like the Cleanse Tag, we should have a seperate thread for those. However, given the fact that the Steel boosting item's an evolution one, would it be remiss to have a unique Steel-type boosting item without the evo effect, like a stainless steel spring or something?

Apart from that, the Dept. store looks good.

Unruly Premonition.
Raves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 11:17 AM   #9
Whimsy
Dance till you're dead~

Send a message via Skype™ to Whimsy
Two things:
1) Have we decided on whether we're allowing Event Moves to be taught in the Move Tutor?

2) Gen 7 give the Pan monkey lines access to their typing's respective Pledge move. Could that be mentioned too? totally not biased here

Fizzy Bubbles Profile/Whimlist/ASB/Wild Future
Inactive Ref, laziness op~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost™ View Post
In Mother 3 Swampy was Flint and you were Hinawa. You two were a wonderful couple. Icarus was your dog, and Toy and I were your twin sons. Well, until a dinosaur impaled you through the heart. So yes, where is he!?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Panda View Post
#still
#fucking
#salty

Whimsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 11:26 AM   #10
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Last I heard, the discussion for event moves was leaning towards in-zone move tutors only- like, if I wanted to teach one of my Banette Cotton Guard, I'd have to get to a move tutor in a zone, rather than dropping either of them off at the Move Tutor's.
Old 05-04-2017, 11:37 AM   #11
Ex-Admiral Insane
Marsh Badge

Okay, addressing the issues one by one

Colosseum/XD/Event Moves
I hadn't thought about them, and yes, I suppose they could be added as part of the service of the Move Tutor. EDIT: With what MM said, I now want to hold off on editing it in until I have some clarity on this issue.

Candies, Gummis, Soothe Bell
I honestly didn't have an idea for any of these either. I've posted them here now as a discussion point in case anyone had an idea for it. For Soothe Bell though, I was wondering if it could somehow be used as a way to boost Happiness points or similar?

Healing Items
I suppose that depends on how you look at healing items. It's really hard to determine good differences between them when we don't have any real HP or calculation to take into account. As far as I'm concerned, we can actually scrap this until we've introduced a working Battle System on which to base this off.

Mail
I honestly have no idea either. It was mentioned somewhere I thought so I just added it. I don;t know. Maybe people want to use this to send messages in between their Base and another. I mean Escape Rope didn't exactly have a proper use either until I made one up in Whale Island...where I just used it as a regular rope. It doesn't hurt having it there, might as well keep it in case someone wants it.

Cleanse Tag
Almost the same as I said for mail. We can remove it if you want though.

Steel-boost
I knew there was something I forgot to mention! I had the exact same idea. Shall we call it "Stainless Gear" or something?

The three monkeys
I will add that

Berries
Berries were suggested to add them to the larger whole of the Department Store. They have very little purpose. Some of them however, cure status conditions and are able to be held by Pokémon. For that reason, some of them had to be made more expensive than Antidote, Parlyz Heal, Ice Heal, etc. If we do have a berry shop or berry zone of some kind then, yeah, I could see them being sold there instead. Enigma has been added to Stat-altering Berries

Fizzy Bubbles Team:
Party:
Traitors:
Lost Souls:

Last edited by Ex-Admiral Insane; 05-04-2017 at 12:00 PM.
Old 05-04-2017, 12:15 PM   #12
Emi

I'm okay with buyable Gummis and Candies. Buying candies with the Pokedollar gives it more use and a distinct advantage over coins for people concerned about competition. It should be rather expensive though.

Never bring up Berry Farming again please, its such a bad idea. :p Way too tedious a way to introduce RP and we should just be able to flatly buy berries imo.
Old 05-04-2017, 04:20 PM   #13
Nerd Violence
Sayonara Bye Bye

I support buyable candies.

Meet me at
Spirit ★ World

!!!

Nerd Violence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 04:52 PM   #14
Altocharizard55
The Scientist

I'm heavily against buyable candies through Pokedollars. We already have a daycare system for essentially converting Pokedollars to levels. I don't see a need to further increase the level progression speed and further devalue candies as rewards/trade commodities.

On that note, I'm growing increasingly concerned about allowing almost everything to be bought. I'd like for there to be a good subsection of rewards other than Pokemon that you have to adventure for to obtain.
Old 05-04-2017, 05:56 PM   #15
Nerd Violence
Sayonara Bye Bye

I suppose that's fair, Alto.

I retract my support.

Meet me at
Spirit ★ World

!!!

Nerd Violence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 01:41 PM   #16
Emi

Quote:
The Daycare Centre

Do you need a small boost to get past that Gyarados? Do you want to be able to evolve that new Pokémon of yours? Is it perhaps that you just can’t seem to beat Whitney’s Miltank for some reason? Perhaps that’s because your dear Pokémon friends require a small power-up of some kind. Then look no further! Our facilities are top-notch when it comes to Pokémon growth, receiving 5 out of 5 possible Victini points every year from the government in every category with an overall satisfaction guarantee of 92%! But don’t take it from us, just ask these people:

Youngster Joey: “When I first started on my journey, my Rattata got beaten up by every kid from New Bark Town. Now though, thanks to the help of the people at the Daycare Centre, my Pokémon is the top percentage of Rattata. I still get beaten though.”

Fisherman Justin: “I used to only have 4 Magikarp that were too weak to evolve. I kept losing every battle because they only knew Splash. Thanks to the Daycare Centre, my Magikarp evolved into Gyarados. They won’t listen to me though because I don’t have enough Gym Badges.”

Rules:
1. Once a week, you may drop off Pokémon to increase their levels. Drop offs can be done on Monday through Friday.
2. Once the Shop Owner has confirmed your drop off, your Pokémon will have gained the indicated levels at the end of the week (Sunday, 11:59 PM GMT).
2. You get 2 free levels a week. You may choose either two Pokémon to give one level each, or one Pokémon to give two levels to.
3. You may pay to increase the amount of levels gained in a week. The cost is $50 per level.
3. You may drop off a Pokémon for more than one week. For each week, the Pokémon will gain the appropriate amount of levels.
4. If paying for more than the standard 2 free levels a week, you must post a link to your Pokébank withdrawal.
5. While not compulsory, it would be appreciated if players posted the Pokémon species alongside their nicknames.
I would probably increase the prices of the extra levels to $100 personally and state species but not nicknames.

Other than that, I think this is fine and that this should be able to go up very soon.
Old 05-05-2017, 02:28 PM   #17
Raves
a quick fly cuppa

Location: Life and love make fools of us all. Gods reject the existence of love and life.
To tie in to the other thread, would daycare mons be eligible for adventures or not?

Unruly Premonition.
Old 05-05-2017, 02:48 PM   #18
Ex-Admiral Insane
Marsh Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raves View Post
To tie in to the other thread, would daycare mons be eligible for adventures or not?
Yes. To tie into this thread; you can use Pokémon in shops and adventures at the same time - and that's only because everyone seems to agree it's ridiculous otherwise. I purposefully scrapped those rules from the Daycare/Move Tutor for that reason.

Fizzy Bubbles Team:
Party:
Traitors:
Lost Souls:
Old 05-05-2017, 02:53 PM   #19
Raves
a quick fly cuppa

In that case, I doth approve.

...though I realise given it's a friday that the place opening gives everyone 3 hours to get their mons in.

Ah what the heck, I approve.

The Pokebank's also fine, and someone can write a witty blurb for it.

Unruly Premonition.
Old 05-05-2017, 08:38 PM   #20
Ex-Admiral Insane
Marsh Badge

Okay, after discussion with the the other mods, we have decided on a few changes.
Okay, this was poorly worded, my honest mistake. These are changes that we've discussed and feel comfortable presenting to you, the community. When I said decided, I mean that we had come to an agreement on what our stance is on these issues. Apologies for the misunderstanding. These changes can still be contested which is why we're presenting this to you in the first place.

1. We're allowing candies to be purchasable. They'll be double the price of gaining an extra level in the Daycare so they won't have that much added benefit.
2. Gummis are put on hold until we have a working IQ system
3. Potions are put on hold until we have a working battle system
4. Soothe Bell - or any Happiness increasing item for that matter - are put on hold until we have a working happiness system.
5. Levels cost $75 a week (aside from the standard 2 you get for free)
6. Moves cost $150 a week
7. XD and Colosseum moves can be learnt through the Move Tutor. Event moves however remain restricted to in-zone move tutors.
8. The SO gets to write up the the shop's introduction.

I've edited my previous post with these changes.

Fizzy Bubbles Team:
Party:
Traitors:
Lost Souls:

Last edited by Ex-Admiral Insane; 05-05-2017 at 09:41 PM.
Old 05-06-2017, 08:42 AM   #21
Raves
a quick fly cuppa

So candies will cost $150. That seems fair enough, despite my thoughts on purchasable candies.

Though to clarify, that's $150 per move in the MT, and not for a week in said place?

Unruly Premonition.
Old 05-06-2017, 09:50 AM   #22
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

I like the idea of paying for Candies at twice the price of an additional Daycare level. Makes you choose between getting the level now or getting it at a good price.

Colo/XD moves- by this do we mean just the tutor moves exclusive to XD (Self-Destruct and Nightmare), or also purification moves for their respective species, such as Refresh on Starmie?
Old 05-07-2017, 03:16 PM   #23
Ex-Admiral Insane
Marsh Badge

Quick Announcement:
In the interest of getting the shops off the ground as soon as possible, we are shelving buyable candies/levels for another time, as these topics have become controversial and we want to allow for more debate and conversation.

-----

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missingno. Master View Post
I like the idea of paying for Candies at twice the price of an additional Daycare level. Makes you choose between getting the level now or getting it at a good price.

Colo/XD moves- by this do we mean just the tutor moves exclusive to XD (Self-Destruct and Nightmare), or also purification moves for their respective species, such as Refresh on Starmie?
The decision (for now) is to only allow Colo/XD Move Tutors. Purification moves we feel should be linked to the Shadow Pokémon shop/thread. This is subject to change of course, depending on how those aspects are handled.

Fizzy Bubbles Team:
Party:
Traitors:
Lost Souls:

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Development