UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Development

Old 01-29-2020, 09:22 PM   #1
Prof.Enigma
Enraptured by Enigmatics

Arcanine A Beginners Guide to FB?

I've been sitting on this for a little over a year, since we started up the Spring cleaning back of Feb of 2019.

When I first joined FB, pre Fizzy Revo was a hella lot more confusing than now, but we still have plenty of new members who join and have no idea of how to post something or where.

Yes somethings are obvious but maybe it would help if we posted a thread / mega post that has tips and examples for new comers

( I.E how to make your trainers thread, things you should keep an eye on when linking, when to ask a question about something in a Zone update. )

Some people are genuinely afraid, and others might not know what to ask. Granted we have an FAQ but with a beginners posting I feel we would drastically help out newcomers with giving them one thing to look over / use for reference and then if they still had questions or wanted clarification then we can step in and help them out from there.

What do you guys think about this?
If we like this idea does anyone have somethings we can add into it?
Prof.Enigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2020, 05:00 PM   #2
sixdragons_in_atrenchcoat
Thunder Badge

thank you, o great and helpful one

Cy, Bug Trainer

FB Profile
sixdragons_in_atrenchcoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2020, 05:26 PM   #3
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

I'm all for something like this.
Old 02-01-2020, 03:17 AM   #4
Naru
Known Leafeon Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof.Enigma View Post
I've been sitting on this for a little over a year, since we started up the Spring cleaning back of Feb of 2019.

When I first joined FB, pre Fizzy Revo was a hella lot more confusing than now, but we still have plenty of new members who join and have no idea of how to post something or where.

Yes somethings are obvious but maybe it would help if we posted a thread / mega post that has tips and examples for new comers

( I.E how to make your trainers thread, things you should keep an eye on when linking, when to ask a question about something in a Zone update. )

Some people are genuinely afraid, and others might not know what to ask. Granted we have an FAQ but with a beginners posting I feel we would drastically help out newcomers with giving them one thing to look over / use for reference and then if they still had questions or wanted clarification then we can step in and help them out from there.

What do you guys think about this?
If we like this idea does anyone have somethings we can add into it?
So this absolutely seems like a good idea, especially considering multiple people seem in favour of it + it's beneficial for when we get new members. As such, we (the mod team) would like this Beginners Guide to move forwards. However, considering it will be a large part of Fizzy and the ultimate "go to" for new members the mod team would like to put the final product together and make an official thread/"publication" for the guide, in a sense.

However, we want the community to get involved in this task! Given Enigma has already made this thread, we would like everyone to post what they believe should be mentioned in this guide in this thread. Be it questions, concerns, or just things that you believe new members need to know. Nothing is off limits for the final compilation.

Among the things Enigma mentioned (as well as other things that I personally believe should be placed into this guide), I believe that this is a solid starting list:
  • Making a Members Post
  • Shops, Guidelines of Shops
  • Zones, rules of zones.
  • When Linking is Needed
  • Etc.
We would love if everyone would be willing to add onto this list so that we can start on the guide ASAP. <3

Thank you!
Old 02-01-2020, 06:49 PM   #5
Prof.Enigma
Enraptured by Enigmatics

Since this has been brought up in the development chat on discord and heavily discussed, along with the other thread pretaining to a shortage of updaters
Perhaps we can add a section in it about updating others and how to apply for a zone

I'm sure that if we get a lot of new people, at least a small handful would like to help update ( and considering if they are unable to go onto Discord ) we could add a small section of what to expect when updating and going over the FC rewards ( maybe not needed for the FC rewards as that is a shop we already have Albiet a little less used )
Old 02-21-2020, 03:16 AM   #6
Naru
Known Leafeon Enthusiast

Hi.

I'm kind of a dumbass and uh... we do have a Beginners Guide that everyone missed.

http://forums.upnetwork.net/showthread.php?t=8168

The only thing that it's missing that has been mentioned here is a guide to the basics needed in a member's post.
Old 02-21-2020, 02:58 PM   #7
Prof.Enigma
Enraptured by Enigmatics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naru View Post
Hi.

I'm kind of a dumbass and uh... we do have a Beginners Guide that everyone missed.

http://forums.upnetwork.net/showthread.php?t=8168

The only thing that it's missing that has been mentioned here is a guide to the basics needed in a member's post.
I too apparently needed to go digging more.
Mhm it looks as if it needs a slight bit of updating with the Gym League.

FB Profile | Memakyu - Emakiss | Affinity Avenu | Come check out my Pokemon battling server!

Hey! You! Yeah, you! Do you like Pokémon RPGs? Want to go on an epic adventure with Pokémon of your own, catching new Pokémon as you go, trading Pokémon and items with helpful and friendly members of a wonderful community? If you said yes to any of that, or even just thought about saying yes to any of that, then join the Fizzy Bubbles RPG! The longest-running online Pokémon RPG known to man or Mankey!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Development