UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out > Hall of Records

Closed Thread

Old 03-09-2014, 08:25 PM   #3951
Allishinca
Boulder Badge

Trading Rare Candies x5 to Missingno Master for Premier Balls x5!

Trade Opened!
Old 03-09-2014, 08:52 PM   #3952
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allishinca View Post
Trading Rare Candies x5 to Missingno Master for Premier Balls x5!

Trade Opened!
Trading 5 Premier Balls to Allishinca for 5 Rare Candies. Thanks!

*Trade Closed*
Old 03-09-2014, 10:56 PM   #3953
Itzatrap
Volcano Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by PikaGod View Post
Trading 2 candies for Itzatraps's Lv 1 Male Sunkern.

*TRADE STARTED*
Trading my level 1 male Sunkern to PikaGod for 2 candies.

**Trade Closed**

Bye bye little seed! May the sun be with you!
Old 03-10-2014, 05:38 PM   #3954
Electric Blue Eye
Nearly gone

Trading my Lv.1 Male Aipom to swampertforever for a +20 Black (Bland) Pokeblock and a Thunderstone.

Enjoy!

--Trade Started--
Old 03-10-2014, 07:58 PM   #3955
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Keith entered through the doors of the Cable Club. There was a familiar gleam in his eye, and an irate Meowth on his shoulder, giving him an irritated look. These two things were not unrelated.

"Another one?" Meowth was saying. "Seriously?"

"Seriously, Meowth," Keith replied firmly. "Seriously."

"I don't suppose I'm gonna be able ta talk youse outta dis?" Meowth asked.

"You're catching on," nodded Keith as they arrived at a trading machine. "Meowth, you ought to know by now- when I see a Pokémon I want, I go for it."

"Yeah," sighed Meowth. "Problem is, I know dat all too well by now."

"Oh, will you relax?" grinned Keith. "You know I always find time for all my Pokémon, no matter how many I get." As he said this, he placed a hairy, green fruit on his end of the trade machine. The switch was thrown, and the exchange was made, a Poké Ball sitting in place of the Rabuta Berry.

"Wat didja get dis time?" Meowth asked.

"See for yourself," Keith replied, throwing the ball into the air. "Go, Slugma!"

In a flash of light, what appeared to be a sentient puddle of bubbling lava materialized on the floor. Amazingly, despite the creature's intense body heat, the floor didn't seem to be reacting to it at all. "Slugma," it gurgled. Keith took out his Pokédex and pointed it at his newest Pokémon.

"Slugma, the Lava Pokémon," droned the device. "Molten magma courses through Slugma's body in place of blood. Its body cools and hardens if it stops moving for a long period of time."

"Well, hello, Slugma," smiled Keith, crouching down to address the Fire-type. "I'm Keith, I'm your Trainer now.

"Sluuuug," replied the Slugma lazily, though he grinned at Keith at the same time.

"Slugma says dat's cool wit him," Meowth translated.

"Cool," grinned Keith. "Well, I think you'll do just fine on our team, Slugma. Now, let's see about your nickname... Blaze said he had named you Vesuvius. What do you think, you wanna keep that name, or you want me to think of something else?"

Slugma moved in a way that suggested that if he had shoulders, he'd have shrugged them. "Slugma slug, Slugma," he said.

"Slugma said 'meh, either way's cool'," Meowth translated.

"Alright, let me think for a minute here..." Keith murmured, starting to pace around.

"Yeah, well, don't take too long," Meowth remarked. "Youse could get heat stroke bein' too close ta dis ting fer too long. No offense," he added to the Slugma.

"None taken, dude," the Slugma replied.

Keith stopped and snapped his fingers. "That's it!" he exclaimed. "We'll call him Heatstroke! Slugma, what do you say to the name Heatstroke?"

Slugma gave it some thought for a moment, then nodded. "Slug, Slugma," he said, grinning.

"He says he's cool wit dat," added Meowth.

"Wonderful," grinned Keith. "Welcome to the team, Heatstroke." With that, he returned his new Slugma to his Poké Ball. Meowth hopped back up on Keith's shoulder, and the two of them exited the Cable Club.

OOC: Trading 1 Rabuta Berry to Blaze for his level 24 male Slugma.

*Trade Commenced*
Old 03-11-2014, 01:34 AM   #3956
Gemini Spark
Weavile Pillow

Send a message via Skype™ to Gemini Spark
I hereby trade my Lv. 1 Male Bagon to Stark for his 2 Rare Candies.

*Trade Start*
Old 03-11-2014, 06:25 PM   #3957
Stark
Rainbow Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemini Spark View Post
I hereby trade my Lv. 1 Male Bagon to Stark for his 2 Rare Candies.

*Trade Start*

Trading 2 Candies to Gemine Spark for his Lv. 1 Male Bagon, Thanks!

*Trade Closed*
Old 03-12-2014, 05:54 AM   #3958
gmoyes
Thunder Badge

Send a message via Skype™ to gmoyes
Trading 3 rare candies and 3 Big pearls for BlazeVA's Ferroseed.

*trade started*
Old 03-13-2014, 06:58 AM   #3959
Emi
Barghest Barghest Barghe-

Send a message via Skype™ to Emi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missingno. Master View Post
OOC: Trading 1 Rabuta Berry to Blaze for his level 24 male Slugma.

*Trade Commenced*
Trading my Level 24 Slugma for MM's Rabuta Berry. Thanks MM, I know he has a good home with you!

Spoiler: show

Name: Vesuvius
Species: Slugma
Classification: Lava Pokemon

Pokeball:
Item: None
Level: 24
IQ: 0
Beauty Points: 0 BP
Contest Stats: 0/0/0/0/0
Nature: Quirky
Ability: Flame Body
Recieved: Via Trade

Moves:

Level-Up Moves:
-Yawn
-Smog
Lv. 5 Ember
Lv. 10 Rock Throw
Lv. 14 Harden
Lv. 19 Recover
Lv. 23 Flame Burst

TM/HM Moves:
Overheat

MT Moves: None

Egg Moves:
Inferno

Event moves: None

Battle Record: 0W/ 0L/ 0D

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmoyes View Post
Trading 3 rare candies and 3 Big pearls for BlazeVA's Ferroseed.

*trade started*
Trading my Ferroseed to gmoyes for 3 candies and 3 Big Pearls. Thanks!

Name: Millennium
Species: Ferroseed
Classification: Thorn Seed Pokemon
Pokeball:
Item: None
Level: 3
IQ: 1
BP: 0
Contest Stats: 10/10/10/10/10
Nature: Serious
Ability: Iron Barbs
Received: http://forums.upnetwork.net/showpost...&postcount=395

Level-Up Moves:
-Tackle
-Harden

TM/HM Moves:
Gyro Ball

MT Moves:
None

Egg Moves:
Spikes
Leech Seed
Stealth Rock
Seed Bomb

Bullet Seed

Event Moves:
None

Battle Record: 0W/ 0L/ 0D

TRADES CLOSED
Old 03-13-2014, 01:21 PM   #3960
OkikuMew
Droppin' CDs and beats

Trading 5 candies for Missingno. Master's 5 Sweet Hearts, a Valentine Ball, and 5 Piles of Ash. Thanks!

**Trade Started**
Old 03-13-2014, 05:55 PM   #3961
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

The sun was just beginning to rise over Fizzytopia. A lovely sight for those who had a tendency to wake up early in the morning. Some people would wake up that early in the morning on a daily basis, and be rewarded with the wonderful sight of a beautiful sunrise. Keith Masters was not one of those people. No, Keith tended to wake up later in the mornings. If he had nothing to do that morning, he sometimes even slept until noon. Therefore, he found himself greatly annoyed to be woken up at 6:00 in the morning by the incessant ringing of his Xtranceiver.

"Mmph..." he grunted in a still half-asleep state as he rolled over in his bed. He groggily groped for the wristwatch/cell phone, which sat on a table beside his bed. As he finally found it, he hit the "answer" button. "What?" he asked. Normally he answered phone calls with a touch more politeness, but this early in the morning, politeness wasn't exactly a priority for him. "...Yeah, I know how many Pokémon I have- 61. Did you seriously just call me at six in the freaking morning to remind me how many Pokémon I-" At that moment, however, Keith's irritated question was cut off by more talking on the other end. He listened for about a minute, before his eyes bulged almost comically. Now completely wide awake, he sat bolt upright in his bed. "WHAT?!" he exclaimed.

*13 hours later...*

The doors to the Cable Club swung open, and Keith walked in, but with none of the usual cheeriness and familiar gleam in the eyes that Meowth had come to associate with getting a new teammate. Instead, he looked thoroughly downcast, as had been the case ever since he got what was perhaps one of the least welcome wake-up calls ever. The call he had gotten this morning was to inform him of a new law that was going into effect in July of this year- the Fizzytopian government was reinstating PC space restrictions. Thankfully, they weren't nearly as restrictive as the ones Keith had to deal with for years- it now allowed for 44 PC slots, plus one for every Pokémon a Trainer had raised to level 100. That plus the six allotted spaces one has for carrying Pokémon on hand, this meant that everyone was allowed a minimum of 50 Pokémon. In Keith's case, he would be allowed 55 once the law went into effect. Which would have been fine, except he had 61 Pokémon.

Disgruntled and downcast by this news though he was, Keith couldn't help but be thankful that he at least had until July to get things in order, because he knew he'd probably need time to make the difficult decisions he had thought would never need to be made again. He loved all his Pokémon, and detested the thought of getting rid of any of them, but alas, it was a much more feasible solution than getting five, six Pokémon up to level 100 in just a few short months. Fortunately, a number of Keith's friends were willing to help him out, some agreeing to take in some of his Pokémon and provide them with good, loving homes, some offering to trade him lots of Rare Candies for his items so he'd be able to level up his Pokémon faster, and he even got offers for people to essentially babysit his Pokémon if need be. That last one, Keith knew would be a last resort, as he had always felt a twinge of guilt whenever he had to resort to the official babysitting service the Adoption Center had to offer. Even though he knew he wasn't, he couldn't help but feel as though he was taking advantage of the system somehow, and he didn't want to feel as though he was taking advantage of others by clogging up their precious PC space. Still, he knew that if it came down to it, he'd probably need to take them up on such offers. But for now, he had a few trades to make... along with a few goodbyes.

Perched on Keith's shoulder (the one not already occupied by Meowth) was a Chatot, and in Keith's arms was a Paras, both looking just as downcast as their Trainer. And not without good reason, either, for both of them were about to be traded to new Trainers.

Keith arrived at the first of three trade machines. Lucas, a Trainer Keith had never actually met before, was on the other side. It was here that Keith gave a single, sad nod to the Music Note Pokémon perched on his shoulder. The Chatot flitted off his shoulder and onto the trade machine, where he looked sadly at his soon-to-be-former-Trainer.

"Well, Blackbeard," Keith sighed, "I guess this is goodbye."

"Awwk. Not happy. Not happy," cawed Blackbeard.

"Yeah, me either," Keith nodded. "I'm gonna miss you, buddy. Especially when sailing. The Banette's Revenge won't be the same without you. Now look, I want you to be good for your new Trainer, alright? I never actually met him, but Helena says she met his Ralts, who claims he's a good Trainer, and, well, what with the whole emotion-sensing deal, a Ralts would know, wouldn't it?"

"Awwk. Ralts would know. Ralts would know," Blackbeard agreed.

"Yeah, see?" Keith said, now cracking a small grin. "You'll be fine with this guy, Blackbeard, I know it. Take care, alright?" With that, Keith shifted the Paras into his left arm, and with his right arm, held up a Poké Ball.

"Hey, hold up a sec," Meowth said suddenly. Keith paused in the action of raising his arm to aim the ball at the Chatot, and looked questioningly at Meowth. "...Look, Blackbeard," Meowth said. "I mean, I ain't gonna miss da tauntin', and I ain't gonna miss dose insults, but... da shoulder's gonna be a bit lonely witout a next-door neighbor, y'know?"

Keith blinked in surprise. Considering how much Meowth and Blackbeard were at odds with each other, this was positively touching. Blackbeard glanced at Meowth, before cawing, "Awwk! Meowth's an idiot! Meowth's an idiot!"

"...aaaand, moment's over," sighed Keith.

"...Blackbeard gonna miss idiot. Awwk," the Chatot added quietly.

"...Oh, da hell wit it, I'll take it!" Meowth sniveled as he jumped off of Keith's shoulder and hugged the wisecracking parrot. Keith allowed the hug to go on for about half a minute before clearing his throat. Meowth jumped back onto Keith's shoulder, and Keith held up the Poké Ball.

"Blackbeard, return... and goodbye," he sighed as the red beam of light burst forth from the ball, withdrawing the Chatot to within. Keith looked sadly at the ball for a moment, before placing it on his end of the trade machine, and in an instant, it was replaced with a pair of Rare Candies. Barely looking at the confectionary currency, Keith scooped the candies up and threw them into his backpack.

Trading my level 1 male Chatot with Defog to Ex-Admiral Insane for 2 Rare Candies. Take good care of him.

Blackbeard
Species: Chatot ()
Level: 1
Type: Normal/Flying
Attacks: Fly, Peck, Defog.
Next attack learned: Growl (lv. 5)
Evolution:
Nature: Impish
Ability: Keen Eye
Beauty Points: 0
Cute stat: 0
Beauty stat: 0
Tough stat: 0
Smart stat: 0
Cool stat: 0
Obtained: Cable Club
Birthday: September 19th
James, a Trainer Keith had traded with several times in the past, had advertised a number of his Pokémon for trade, among them a Chatot. Having always kinda liked the species, Keith decided to make an offer for it. Though it was a bit of a wait until he heard back, it turned out that nobody else had shown any interest, and so Keith made the trade.

Blackbeard is, as one would expect a Chatot to be, rather talkative. Though he seems to primarily mimic the speech of others, he is in fact intelligent enough to actually converse in human language, rather than merely mimicking it. He's still in the process of learning, however, hence why it usually sounds a lot like mimicry. Having taken a liking to Blackbeard, Keith allows the Chatot to perch on his shoulder, which usually gets on Meowth's nerves, as he's the one always occupying the other shoulder. Moreover, Blackbeard has a tendency to torment Meowth whenever he can. Nothing major, mostly in fun, but it happens nonetheless. Even Hedwig doesn't mind Blackbeard's presence on the team, as Keith had the good sense to have a talk with her before making the trade, explaining that Chatot were not exactly the best choice for aerial transportation, and thus, this one would pose no threat in the way of replacing her.

As far as the rest of the team goes, Blackbeard gets along fairly well with most of his teammates. Despite his frequent snide remarks to Meowth, the Chatot is friendly to most. Marvolo thinks of him as way too talkative, however, and will frequently attempt to eat him, which invariably results in Blackbeard somehow managing to tie the Seviper in a knot.

High among Blackbeard's likes? The sea. Of course, this is somewhat to be expected from a parrot Pokémon who chose his own name, and chose to be named after the most infamous pirate ever to set sail. He delights in talking like a pirate whenever the notion of sailing comes up, and he loves nothing more than to accompany his Trainer when he sets sail on his boat, the Banette's Revenge.

*Trade Commenced*

Next, Keith arrived at a trade machine where the person he was trading with was someone he knew- his friend, Blaze. Now, he placed the Paras on top of the trade machine, and could immediately see the tears forming in the Mushroom Pokémon's eyes.

"Parrrras..." Kevin said quietly. Keith didn't need Meowth to translate this one- Kevin had been like this ever since he found out he was being traded away, and Keith couldn't blame him. He was so scared of not being accepted, and now he was being traded away once again.

"Kevin, look," sighed Keith. "This has nothing to do with Marv or Harry, alright? You're a good, loyal Pokémon, and it's been great having you on the team. It's just... these are times of tough decisions, y'know? Hell, working with you and those mushrooms, I considered it a good challenge, and I had no problem with them whatsoever. Believe me, it takes a hell of a lot more than those mushrooms of yours to weird me out."

"Paras Paras..." sighed Kevin. The tears were gone, but he still looked thoroughly downcast.

"Look, Blaze is a good Trainer, you'll like him," Keith continued. "He's a friend of mine, and trust me, he knows what he's doing." And then, at that moment, Kevin's eyes went blank, and his left mushroom started vibrating.

"Hey, so, uh..." the Paras said in English. Well, not the Paras, per se. Normally a tough voice, now it sounded a bit let down. "So, this is it, huh?"

"I'm afraid so, Harry," nodded Keith. "Believe it or not, I'm even gonna miss you and Marv."

"Hmph," came the reply, before the left mushroom stopped vibrating, and the right mushroom started.

"Hey, uh, goodbye, I guess," Kevin said, now in a different voice. This was Marv, his right mushroom. Keith was given no time to respond to this before the vibrating stopped, and Kevin's eyes were no longer blank. The Paras looked at Keith timidly.

"Parras?" he asked nervously.

"It's alright, Kevin," Keith said. "They were just saying goodbye. I'll miss you, buddy." With that, he gently took the Bug/Grass-type in his arms and hugged him. After a few seconds, he set Kevin back down on the trade machine, and returned him to his Poké Ball. Neither he nor Meowth said anything more as he placed the ball on the trade machine, and this time it was replaced by no fewer than five Rare Candies. Normally, the sight of such a quantity of confection would cheer Keith up, but given what it had cost him, not so much this time.

Trading my level 3 male Paras to blazeVA for 5 Rare Candies. Take good care of him, alright?

Kevin
Species: Paras ()
Type: Bug/Grass
Attacks: Scratch, Cut, Rock Smash, Flash, Thief, Cross Poison.
Next attack learned: Stun Spore, Poison Powder (lv. 6)
Evolution: >Lv. 24>
Ability: Effect Spore
Cute stat: 10
Beauty stat: 10
Tough stat: 10
Smart stat: 10
Cool stat: 10
Birthday: March 9th
As soon as Keith heard that Levin was planning to drop off his new Paras in the Adoption Center if nobody wanted him, he immediately made an offer, knowing far too well that that place does to a Pokémon's self-esteem. His turned out to be the only offer, and so the Paras went to him.

Kevin himself is relatively normal. Shy around new people initially, but warms up to others quickly. A good friend, he's always up for a talk, and will always have a friend's back. Of course, his mushrooms are an entirely different story- Kevin's mushrooms are both capable of taking control of his mind and speaking through him- in English, no less. Such instances are easily identifiable by the mushroom in question vibrating, and Kevin's eyes going blank. As if the whole speaking English thing wasn't enough of a dead giveaway. Most worrying is the fact that both mushrooms have seemingly malicious intent, though they have never been implicated in any wrongdoing yet. Nevertheless, Kevin has a suspicious knack for finding and bringing back stolen property, and adamantly refuses to take credit for its return... Each mushroom has a distinct personality and name.

Harry, Kevin's left mushroom, is, in a word, tough. He doesn't take insults lightly and will often threaten to repay them in a violent manner. Even when not insulted, he can still be belligerent. He considers himself the brains of the operation, and is sometimes at odds with the other mushroom, Marv, due to his tendency to be, how do I put this... an idiot. Marv isn't quite as belligerent as Harry, but still has his moments. However, it's clear why Harry claims to be the brains of the operation- Marv has a tendency to ramble on, often threatening to inadvertently reveal too much information. Thus far, Harry has always managed to butt in and stop him from spilling too much, though Keith is waiting for them to slip up and actually reveal what sort of plans they have.

Kevin works hard to keep his mushrooms under control, and to that end, is eager to get stronger and evolve into Parasect. Whenever he manages to regain control of his mind, he is often nervous and apologetic, for fear of Marv or Harry having offended anyone in the vicinity, which accounts for his shyness somewhat.

*Trade Commenced*

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkikuMew View Post
Trading 5 candies for Missingno. Master's 5 Sweet Hearts, a Valentine Ball, and 5 Piles of Ash. Thanks!

**Trade Started**
The last stop was a third trade machine, and this time, Keith was not feeling quite so down, for this trade would involve no Pokémon. Instead, he was trading off a small quantity of items to another friend of his, Okiku, for more Rare Candies, her way of trying to help him out here. Even if she wasn't going to be providing a home for one of Keith's Pokémon, this still helped him out, and he was grateful to her for it. Reaching into his backpack, Keith pulled out five heart-shaped chocolates, a pink Poké Ball with a heart on the top half, and a small empty bag. He then produced his large and sturdy Soot Sack from his backpack and emptied its meager contents into the little bag. Originally, he had intended to save up ash to trade it in for a White Flute, but it would be a while before he would want to lure wild Pokémon again. This was a much more pressing matter. He placed the small assortment of items on his end of the trade machine, and the switch was pulled, instantly replacing them with five more Rare Candies. This time, Keith cracked a small smile as he placed these Candies in his bag. He thanked Okiku for her help, and then exited the Cable Club.

Trading 5 Sweet Hearts, 5 piles of ash, and a Valentine Ball to OkikuMew for 5 Rare Candies. Thanks, these will really help.

*Trade Closed*
Old 03-13-2014, 07:22 PM   #3962
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Apologies for the double post, but trading my Vampire Ball to MZ for 2 Rare Candies. Thanks!

*Trade Commenced*
Old 03-13-2014, 07:23 PM   #3963
MarbleZone
Soul Badge

Quote:
Apologies for the double post, but trading my Vampire Ball to MZ for 2 Rare Candies. Thanks!

*Trade Commenced*
2 Candies for MM's Vampire Ball. Hope it helps!

*Trade closed*
Old 03-14-2014, 02:58 AM   #3964
Gemini Spark
Weavile Pillow

Send a message via Skype™ to Gemini Spark
I hereby trade my Lv. 1 Female Spinarak to Treepandaone for his 3 Rare Candies. Be careful with her; I think she has an ulterior motive... ^^;

*Trade Start*

Name: Elise
Species: Spinarak
Current Location: PC
Birthday: March 14
Ability: Insomnia (immune to Sleep)
Nature: Naughty (+Atk, -SpDef, likes Spicy, hates Bitter)
Location Caught: Adoption Center
Held Item: None
Beauty Points: 4
Contest Stats: Beauty 0/ Cool 0/ Cute 0/ Smart 0/ Tough 0
Bio: This friendly neighborhood Spinarak had been terrorizing the staff at the Adoption Center, so they'd beg anybody who came in to take the sweet, little predator off their hands. Naturally, it was none other than Hyrem that found his kind heart trapped by the cutie's web. Elise would likely get along with many of Marion's Pokemon, seeing how she likes to sneak down by a thread from anywhere and scare the living daylights out of everyone. Of course, this fear is made real when you know she has just as voracious an appetite as Amethyst does! She prefers to sit in a web most of the time, but no one realizes just how wide a network she truly has. She has made webs in many different locations already ... one of them being right above where Hyrem sleeps! That way, should any intruders foolishly try to invade her trainer's territory, she'll have kept a tireless watch, and they become fair game for her! (That, and she might just like to be a creepy stalker at times, though Hyrem hasn't caught on to her antics yet...)
Current Movepool: Poison Sting, String Shot, Flash (HM)
Moves to Learn: Scary Face (Lv. 5), Constrict (Lv. 8), Leech Life (Lv. 12), Night Shade (Lv. 15), Shadow Sneak (Lv. 19), Fury Swipes (Lv. 22), Sucker Punch (Lv. 26), Spider Web (Lv. 29), Agility (Lv. 33), Pin Missile (Lv. 36), Psychic (Lv. 40), Poison Jab (Lv. 43), Cross Poison (Lv. 47)
Evolutions: (Lv. 22)
Old 03-14-2014, 09:49 AM   #3965
Treepandaone
Original Gangsters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemini Spark View Post
I hereby trade my Lv. 1 Female Spinarak to Treepandaone for his 3 Rare Candies. Be careful with her; I think she has an ulterior motive... ^^;

*Trade Start*

Name: Elise
Species: Spinarak
Current Location: PC
Birthday: March 14
Ability: Insomnia (immune to Sleep)
Nature: Naughty (+Atk, -SpDef, likes Spicy, hates Bitter)
Location Caught: Adoption Center
Held Item: None
Beauty Points: 4
Contest Stats: Beauty 0/ Cool 0/ Cute 0/ Smart 0/ Tough 0
Bio: This friendly neighborhood Spinarak had been terrorizing the staff at the Adoption Center, so they'd beg anybody who came in to take the sweet, little predator off their hands. Naturally, it was none other than Hyrem that found his kind heart trapped by the cutie's web. Elise would likely get along with many of Marion's Pokemon, seeing how she likes to sneak down by a thread from anywhere and scare the living daylights out of everyone. Of course, this fear is made real when you know she has just as voracious an appetite as Amethyst does! She prefers to sit in a web most of the time, but no one realizes just how wide a network she truly has. She has made webs in many different locations already ... one of them being right above where Hyrem sleeps! That way, should any intruders foolishly try to invade her trainer's territory, she'll have kept a tireless watch, and they become fair game for her! (That, and she might just like to be a creepy stalker at times, though Hyrem hasn't caught on to her antics yet...)
Current Movepool: Poison Sting, String Shot, Flash (HM)
Moves to Learn: Scary Face (Lv. 5), Constrict (Lv. , Leech Life (Lv. 12), Night Shade (Lv. 15), Shadow Sneak (Lv. 19), Fury Swipes (Lv. 22), Sucker Punch (Lv. 26), Spider Web (Lv. 29), Agility (Lv. 33), Pin Missile (Lv. 36), Psychic (Lv. 40), Poison Jab (Lv. 43), Cross Poison (Lv. 47)
Evolutions: (Lv. 22)

Gravel crunched underfoot as the Pokémon Trainer Matthew Brown made his way towards the Fizzy Bubbles trading centre atop a giant rock bipedal. Rhyperior's movements were slow and sluggish, but the extra safety of the power-punching tank was what Matthew required at a time like this. A concerned look draped across the Pokémon trainer's face as he appeared to be more alert, he had received news from the local police forces that there had been a sudden increase in Team Rocket activity in the Fizzy Bubbles region, most specifically all converging towards the town centre. A culmination of criminals didn't bode well for Matthew or his team.

He had recently confirmed the trade details for a young female Rhyhorn with another trainer, and while Matthew didn't suspect the hatcher to be a Team Rocket informant, the extra-net of the Pokédex network was susceptible to hackers, and one thing the criminal organisation has was hackers. Combined with the news of a change in the Fizzy Bubbles PC service, the region was now in more danger than ever from unlawful racketeering; the place was set to be bustling with trainer activity with trades galore, and that meant Team Rocket operatives could be more culpable, willing to take more risks and larger gambles in such times of confusion.

As it turned out for Matthew, the news of the PC change had been somewhat fortuitous. The adjustment had forced trainers to evaluate their squad; seeking to trade those who were lesser passing whims or weren't fitting the synergy of their core squad. One of those was a Pokémon Matthew had been interested in for some time; a Spinarak. The trainer, Hyrem, had rescued the troublemaker from the Adoption Centre some time ago, but an influx of other similar, low-leveled, Pokémon had left it on the outskirts of the team. Matthew had taken a chance in contacting the opposing trainer, and came into some luck when Hyrem agreed to the trade. The timing was perfect; Spinarak was a master of traps, and Matthew had hoped the arachnid could aid him in securing safety for the Rhyhorn he was about to trade for. Certainly, having already placed in the Cable Club with the intention of staying there for a few days could give the spider some time to set up; and he had been told of its Insomnia and the lack of sleep thereof could prove to be a greater asset.

With that, Matthew finally reached the Cable Club as the sliding doors opened. He passed a few familiar faces trading; some celebrated completed trades for a Slugma and Ferroseed while others were in the completion phase for a Chatot and Paras. It was as the market was expecting; an explosion of trades in order to get a head-start on the squad regulations. After a few minutes, Matthew met with his contact and begun the trade, placing three rare candies onto the machine before they disapeared into thin air, only to be replaced by a small red and white Pokéball. He smiled as he picked it up, staring inside at the bug-type.

“Be careful with her; I think she has an ulterior motive...” Hyrem said as he walked away

“Don't they all?” he replied, releasing Spinarak onto the metal floor of the trading area, only for the aracnoid to travel up his back and settle itself on his head.

“Well hello” the trainer said, taken aback by the boldness of his new companion having been more accustomed to shyness from his new recruits. “I need your help setting up a secure location for a trade. Think you can help me?”

A few seconds of silence passed before the Spinarak chittered, spitting a web to a secure location for them to begin...

OoC: Trading 3 Candies to Gemini Spark for his level 1 Female Spinarak. I'll look after her ^^
Old 03-14-2014, 05:47 PM   #3966
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Trading my Brown (Cute) +60 Pokéblock to Stark for 4 Rare Candies. Thanks, man!

*Trade Commenced*

---

Trading my Ice Ball to Stark for 2 Rare Candies. Thanks!

*Trade Commenced*
Old 03-14-2014, 09:23 PM   #3967
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

Trading 1x Leaf Stone to OkikuMew for 3x Rare Candies.

*Trade Commenced*

-

Trading 1x Thunderstone to DaveTheFishGuy for 3x Rare Candies.

*Trade Commenced*
Old 03-14-2014, 09:26 PM   #3968
OkikuMew
Droppin' CDs and beats

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbluecorsola View Post
Trading 1x Leaf Stone to OkikuMew for 3x Rare Candies.

*Trade Commenced*
Trading 3 candies for lilblue's Leaf Stone. Thank you! ^^

**Trade Closed!**
Old 03-14-2014, 09:28 PM   #3969
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

Send a message via Skype™ to DaveTheFishGuy
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbluecorsola View Post
Trading 1x Thunderstone to DaveTheFishGuy for 3x Rare Candies.

*Trade Commenced*
Trading 3 Rare Candies to lilblue for her Thunderstone. Thanks so much!

--Trade Closed--
Old 03-14-2014, 10:41 PM   #3970
Shadowshocker
used First Impression

Trading a Level 1 female Tangela to Kairne for his 4 Rare Candies.

*trade initiated*
Old 03-15-2014, 11:56 AM   #3971
Ex-Admiral Insane
Marsh Badge

Send a message via Skype™ to Ex-Admiral Insane
Quote:
The sun was just beginning to rise over Fizzytopia. A lovely sight for those who had a tendency to wake up early in the morning. Some people would wake up that early in the morning on a daily basis, and be rewarded with the wonderful sight of a beautiful sunrise. Keith Masters was not one of those people. No, Keith tended to wake up later in the mornings. If he had nothing to do that morning, he sometimes even slept until noon. Therefore, he found himself greatly annoyed to be woken up at 6:00 in the morning by the incessant ringing of his Xtranceiver.

"Mmph..." he grunted in a still half-asleep state as he rolled over in his bed. He groggily groped for the wristwatch/cell phone, which sat on a table beside his bed. As he finally found it, he hit the "answer" button. "What?" he asked. Normally he answered phone calls with a touch more politeness, but this early in the morning, politeness wasn't exactly a priority for him. "...Yeah, I know how many Pokémon I have- 61. Did you seriously just call me at six in the freaking morning to remind me how many Pokémon I-" At that moment, however, Keith's irritated question was cut off by more talking on the other end. He listened for about a minute, before his eyes bulged almost comically. Now completely wide awake, he sat bolt upright in his bed. "WHAT?!" he exclaimed.

*13 hours later...*

The doors to the Cable Club swung open, and Keith walked in, but with none of the usual cheeriness and familiar gleam in the eyes that Meowth had come to associate with getting a new teammate. Instead, he looked thoroughly downcast, as had been the case ever since he got what was perhaps one of the least welcome wake-up calls ever. The call he had gotten this morning was to inform him of a new law that was going into effect in July of this year- the Fizzytopian government was reinstating PC space restrictions. Thankfully, they weren't nearly as restrictive as the ones Keith had to deal with for years- it now allowed for 44 PC slots, plus one for every Pokémon a Trainer had raised to level 100. That plus the six allotted spaces one has for carrying Pokémon on hand, this meant that everyone was allowed a minimum of 50 Pokémon. In Keith's case, he would be allowed 55 once the law went into effect. Which would have been fine, except he had 61 Pokémon.

Disgruntled and downcast by this news though he was, Keith couldn't help but be thankful that he at least had until July to get things in order, because he knew he'd probably need time to make the difficult decisions he had thought would never need to be made again. He loved all his Pokémon, and detested the thought of getting rid of any of them, but alas, it was a much more feasible solution than getting five, six Pokémon up to level 100 in just a few short months. Fortunately, a number of Keith's friends were willing to help him out, some agreeing to take in some of his Pokémon and provide them with good, loving homes, some offering to trade him lots of Rare Candies for his items so he'd be able to level up his Pokémon faster, and he even got offers for people to essentially babysit his Pokémon if need be. That last one, Keith knew would be a last resort, as he had always felt a twinge of guilt whenever he had to resort to the official babysitting service the Adoption Center had to offer. Even though he knew he wasn't, he couldn't help but feel as though he was taking advantage of the system somehow, and he didn't want to feel as though he was taking advantage of others by clogging up their precious PC space. Still, he knew that if it came down to it, he'd probably need to take them up on such offers. But for now, he had a few trades to make... along with a few goodbyes.

Perched on Keith's shoulder (the one not already occupied by Meowth) was a Chatot, and in Keith's arms was a Paras, both looking just as downcast as their Trainer. And not without good reason, either, for both of them were about to be traded to new Trainers.

Keith arrived at the first of three trade machines. Lucas, a Trainer Keith had never actually met before, was on the other side. It was here that Keith gave a single, sad nod to the Music Note Pokémon perched on his shoulder. The Chatot flitted off his shoulder and onto the trade machine, where he looked sadly at his soon-to-be-former-Trainer.

"Well, Blackbeard," Keith sighed, "I guess this is goodbye."

"Awwk. Not happy. Not happy," cawed Blackbeard.

"Yeah, me either," Keith nodded. "I'm gonna miss you, buddy. Especially when sailing. The Banette's Revenge won't be the same without you. Now look, I want you to be good for your new Trainer, alright? I never actually met him, but Helena says she met his Ralts, who claims he's a good Trainer, and, well, what with the whole emotion-sensing deal, a Ralts would know, wouldn't it?"

"Awwk. Ralts would know. Ralts would know," Blackbeard agreed.

"Yeah, see?" Keith said, now cracking a small grin. "You'll be fine with this guy, Blackbeard, I know it. Take care, alright?" With that, Keith shifted the Paras into his left arm, and with his right arm, held up a Poké Ball.

"Hey, hold up a sec," Meowth said suddenly. Keith paused in the action of raising his arm to aim the ball at the Chatot, and looked questioningly at Meowth. "...Look, Blackbeard," Meowth said. "I mean, I ain't gonna miss da tauntin', and I ain't gonna miss dose insults, but... da shoulder's gonna be a bit lonely witout a next-door neighbor, y'know?"

Keith blinked in surprise. Considering how much Meowth and Blackbeard were at odds with each other, this was positively touching. Blackbeard glanced at Meowth, before cawing, "Awwk! Meowth's an idiot! Meowth's an idiot!"

"...aaaand, moment's over," sighed Keith.

"...Blackbeard gonna miss idiot. Awwk," the Chatot added quietly.

"...Oh, da hell wit it, I'll take it!" Meowth sniveled as he jumped off of Keith's shoulder and hugged the wisecracking parrot. Keith allowed the hug to go on for about half a minute before clearing his throat. Meowth jumped back onto Keith's shoulder, and Keith held up the Poké Ball.

"Blackbeard, return... and goodbye," he sighed as the red beam of light burst forth from the ball, withdrawing the Chatot to within. Keith looked sadly at the ball for a moment, before placing it on his end of the trade machine, and in an instant, it was replaced with a pair of Rare Candies. Barely looking at the confectionary currency, Keith scooped the candies up and threw them into his backpack.

Trading my level 1 male Chatot with Defog to Ex-Admiral Insane for 2 Rare Candies. Take good care of him.

Blackbeard
Species: Chatot ()
Type: Normal/Flying
Attacks: Fly, Peck, Defog.
Next attack learned: Growl (lv. 5)
Evolution:
Nature: Impish
Ability: Keen Eye
Birthday: September 19th
James, a Trainer Keith had traded with several times in the past, had advertised a number of his Pokémon for trade, among them a Chatot. Having always kinda liked the species, Keith decided to make an offer for it. Though it was a bit of a wait until he heard back, it turned out that nobody else had shown any interest, and so Keith made the trade.

Blackbeard is, as one would expect a Chatot to be, rather talkative. Though he seems to primarily mimic the speech of others, he is in fact intelligent enough to actually converse in human language, rather than merely mimicking it. He's still in the process of learning, however, hence why it usually sounds a lot like mimicry. Having taken a liking to Blackbeard, Keith allows the Chatot to perch on his shoulder, which usually gets on Meowth's nerves, as he's the one always occupying the other shoulder. Moreover, Blackbeard has a tendency to torment Meowth whenever he can. Nothing major, mostly in fun, but it happens nonetheless. Even Hedwig doesn't mind Blackbeard's presence on the team, as Keith had the good sense to have a talk with her before making the trade, explaining that Chatot were not exactly the best choice for aerial transportation, and thus, this one would pose no threat in the way of replacing her.

As far as the rest of the team goes, Blackbeard gets along fairly well with most of his teammates. Despite his frequent snide remarks to Meowth, the Chatot is friendly to most. Marvolo thinks of him as way too talkative, however, and will frequently attempt to eat him, which invariably results in Blackbeard somehow managing to tie the Seviper in a knot.

High among Blackbeard's likes? The sea. Of course, this is somewhat to be expected from a parrot Pokémon who chose his own name, and chose to be named after the most infamous pirate ever to set sail. He delights in talking like a pirate whenever the notion of sailing comes up, and he loves nothing more than to accompany his Trainer when he sets sail on his boat, the Banette's Revenge.

*Trade Commenced*

“You know you didn’t have to tag along?” Lucas directed his question at his partner Pokémon beside him, Rags. For some reason when Lucas had mentioned his upcoming trade for a Chatot, Rags responded as usual when he got to hear that a new Pokémon was going to be introduced to the team. But when Lucas mentioned the name Keith, he perked up and was eager to join Lucas to the Cable Club. His trainer couldn’t understand why though but it was because, despite the fact that the two trainers had never met before, Rags was acquainted with Helena, one of Keith’s Pokémon. Their meeting was somewhat brief but Rags remembered it well since she was one of the first trainer Pokémon he met.

“Well, we’re here,” Lucas said casually. After having gone through the doorway, he saw the trainer Keith standing on the other side of the machine. He was making his last goodbyes to his Chatot, something that wasn’t easy for him. As Lucas had understood from recent events, the trainer had to cut down his party size due to new PC restrictions. It was evident from his goodbye that this was not something he was looking forward to. It was for this reason that Lucas decided to stay on his side instead of greeting each other. The absence of Helena discouraged Rags from going up to him as well.

After placing two candies on the machine pad, it took a mere few minutes before the Chatot was returned to his Pokéball and placed on the other side. In one flash, the two candies had replaced themselves for a Pokéball. On the other side of the room, the trainer Keith said nothing and merely moved on to the next machine, clutching the Paras between his arms.

“Well I guess we might as well say hello.” Lucas’ enthusiasm was lacking, Keith’s misfortune taking an impact on his behaviour. Tossing the Pokéball up into the air, it popped to release the newly obtained Chatot.

“Awwk! Pleased to meet ya!” the Chatot squawked. He appeared strangely unfazed by the trade, having barely recognised that he had obtained a new trainer.

“Hmm. Clever. Can you say your name?” Lucas asked.

“Awwk! Blackbeard! Blackbeard!”

Lucas lit up at hearing the Chatot talk. "So Blackbeard's your name huh?" Rags though walked up to it to ask how Keith and Helena were doing.

"Awwk. Ralts would know. Ralts would know," he replied. The Gallade was a bit taken back by the answer, not knowing how to respond to it. The reply itself sounded more like a recording it had made than an actual response.

“Let it go Rags. I don’t think it can fully communicate in English yet. I’m not even sure it knows what it’s saying.” Lucas turned to head out the Cable Club.

"Awwk! You're an idiot!" the Chatot cawed.

Lucas raised an eyebrow at the Chatot. “Did you just-“

"Awwk! Get along fine! Get along fine!" it interrupted. The Chatot’s squawks sounded more like recordings than actual speech but still, something felt off.

Lucas merely shrugged his shoulders and headed to the doors once again. He started second-guessing his Chatot’s capability of understanding human speech. But it did just apologise, didn't it?

"Awwk! Calling you an idiot! Calling you an idiot!" the Chatot continued.

Lucas stopped dead in his tracks again. I can understand that everyone has a different way of dealing with loss, he thought to himself. but... “...but I’ll be damned if I’m going to let someone insult me and get away with it!”

“Awwk, Suck it up, furball!" the Chatot continued teasing.

“What?!" he sounded surprised. "That does it. Come here!” Rags quickly stepped in to withhold Lucas from hitting the Music Note Pokémon.

The Chatot let out a squawking laugh as it flew high out of range. "Awwk! I think I'm gonna like it on this team!"

Trading 2 Rare Candies for MM’s Level 1, Male Chatot.
Hope I did this RP-thing right.

*Trade Closed*
Old 03-16-2014, 07:18 AM   #3972
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Keith walked into the Cable Club once again, looking just as down as he usually looked these days. As much as he would remind himself that these trades had to be made, as much as he would remind himself that trading away Pokémon other than the ones he had decided to trade away would make him feel even worse, as much as he knew that even without all this, he would more than likely have ended up trading these Pokémon away eventually in any case, this... well, this still sucked, to put it plainly. The Voltorb clutched in Keith's arms seemed to think likewise. As Keith approached the trade machine, he set Nitro down on the device, where it looked up sadly at Keith. "VOLTORB, VOLTORB," it droned sadly.

"Nitro's sayin' it's gonna miss youse," Meowth translated.

"I know," sighed Keith. "I'll miss you too, Nitro."

Following close behind Keith was a Skuntank and an Ariados, both of whom Keith had selected to talk to Nitro before the trade, specifically because they had both been under Ariden's ownership before, who happened to be exactly who Nitro was being traded to now.

"Don't worry about it too much, Nitro," smiled Bellatrix, the Skuntank. "Ariden's methods are different from Keith's, but you'll do just fine."

"She is correct," added Aragog, the Ariados. "Ariden is a capable Trainer. He raised me from a Spinarak."

"...THANKS, GUYS," droned Nitro. "GOOD-BYE."

Sighing, Keith returned his Voltorb to its Poké Ball and placed it on the trade machine. In a flash of light, it was replaced by a single Rare Candy, which Keith stuffed wordlessly into his backpack. He slowly walked out of the Cable Club, knowing that there were still going to be a few more difficult trades in his future.

OOC: Trading my level 2 genderless Voltorb to Rayzen for 1 Rare Candy. Take good care of it.

Nitro
Species: Voltorb ()
Level: 2
Type: Electric
Attacks: Charge, Flash, Thunderbolt.
Next attack learned: Tackle (lv. 5)
Evolution: >Lv. 30>
Nature: Jolly
Ability: Static
Birthday: September 9th
A friend of Keith's, a Trainer known as Matthew, had put a Voltorb up for trade, and after not getting any sort of response, Keith let his whims get the better of him, and put in a small bid for the Voltorb. When it turned out that he won, he promptly made the trade.

Nitro is a prankster at heart, and its preferred method of trickery involves tricking others into believing that it is a regular Poké Ball. However, instead of zapping others, it prefers to suddenly bring himself back to its regular size and wheel around to reveal its face, preferring to startle rather than injure. That said, its Static Ability tends to lead to some unintentional paralysis. While this plus the whole prankster thing triggered some very unpleasant memories of Neville in Keith and some of his teammates, Nitro has already established its difference from the infamous Stunfisk, in that its good nature is undeniable, even if its voice is very electronic in tone. When its Static is triggered, Nitro is immediately apologetic, and will attempt to undo the damage by using Charge to siphon the errant electricity from the unintentional victim.

Nitro's addition to the team was met with initial wariness, particularly by Rubeus, though he very quickly caught on to Nitro's decency. Pomona, unusually, was also initially apprehensive, but warmed up to the Voltorb almost immediately. Marvolo, on the other hand, does not take kindly to Nitro's pranks, though after hearing of how Amethyst makes use of her Trainer's Mareep, he decided to do the same thing- purposely trigger Nitro's Static in order to accelerate the shedding of his skin whenever he's starting to outgrow it. Nitro has happily agreed to help Marvolo in this regard, happy at the notion that something good could come out of its Static outside of battle conditions.

Contrary to the stereotype which plagues its species, Nitro is not volatile by any means, and if anything, is in fact a bit laid back. It has never exploded before, and even once it does learn Self-Destruct, doubts that it will be doing much exploding without warning.

*Trade Commenced*
Old 03-16-2014, 07:40 AM   #3973
Kelntin
Cascade Badge

Quote:
Keith walked into the Cable Club once again, looking just as down as he usually looked these days. As much as he would remind himself that these trades had to be made, as much as he would remind himself that trading away Pokémon other than the ones he had decided to trade away would make him feel even worse, as much as he knew that even without all this, he would more than likely have ended up trading these Pokémon away eventually in any case, this... well, this still sucked, to put it plainly. The Voltorb clutched in Keith's arms seemed to think likewise. As Keith approached the trade machine, he set Nitro down on the device, where it looked up sadly at Keith. "VOLTORB, VOLTORB," it droned sadly.

"Nitro's sayin' it's gonna miss youse," Meowth translated.

"I know," sighed Keith. "I'll miss you too, Nitro."

Following close behind Keith was a Skuntank and an Ariados, both of whom Keith had selected to talk to Nitro before the trade, specifically because they had both been under Ariden's ownership before, who happened to be exactly who Nitro was being traded to now.

"Don't worry about it too much, Nitro," smiled Bellatrix, the Skuntank. "Ariden's methods are different from Keith's, but you'll do just fine."

"She is correct," added Aragog, the Ariados. "Ariden is a capable Trainer. He raised me from a Spinarak."

"...THANKS, GUYS," droned Nitro. "GOOD-BYE."

Sighing, Keith returned his Voltorb to its Poké Ball and placed it on the trade machine. In a flash of light, it was replaced by a single Rare Candy, which Keith stuffed wordlessly into his backpack. He slowly walked out of the Cable Club, knowing that there were still going to be a few more difficult trades in his future.

OOC: Trading my level 2 genderless Voltorb to Rayzen for 1 Rare Candy. Take good care of it.

Nitro
Species: Voltorb ()
Level: 2
Type: Electric
Attacks: Charge, Flash, Thunderbolt.
Next attack learned: Tackle (lv. 5)
Evolution: >Lv. 30>
Nature: Jolly
Ability: Static
Birthday: September 9th
A friend of Keith's, a Trainer known as Matthew, had put a Voltorb up for trade, and after not getting any sort of response, Keith let his whims get the better of him, and put in a small bid for the Voltorb. When it turned out that he won, he promptly made the trade.

Nitro is a prankster at heart, and its preferred method of trickery involves tricking others into believing that it is a regular Poké Ball. However, instead of zapping others, it prefers to suddenly bring himself back to its regular size and wheel around to reveal its face, preferring to startle rather than injure. That said, its Static Ability tends to lead to some unintentional paralysis. While this plus the whole prankster thing triggered some very unpleasant memories of Neville in Keith and some of his teammates, Nitro has already established its difference from the infamous Stunfisk, in that its good nature is undeniable, even if its voice is very electronic in tone. When its Static is triggered, Nitro is immediately apologetic, and will attempt to undo the damage by using Charge to siphon the errant electricity from the unintentional victim.

Nitro's addition to the team was met with initial wariness, particularly by Rubeus, though he very quickly caught on to Nitro's decency. Pomona, unusually, was also initially apprehensive, but warmed up to the Voltorb almost immediately. Marvolo, on the other hand, does not take kindly to Nitro's pranks, though after hearing of how Amethyst makes use of her Trainer's Mareep, he decided to do the same thing- purposely trigger Nitro's Static in order to accelerate the shedding of his skin whenever he's starting to outgrow it. Nitro has happily agreed to help Marvolo in this regard, happy at the notion that something good could come out of its Static outside of battle conditions.

Contrary to the stereotype which plagues its species, Nitro is not volatile by any means, and if anything, is in fact a bit laid back. It has never exploded before, and even once it does learn Self-Destruct, doubts that it will be doing much exploding without warning.

*Trade Commenced*
Trading 1 rare candy to Missingno. Master for the Lv 2 voltorb.

*Trade closed*
Old 03-16-2014, 12:09 PM   #3974
Emi
Barghest Barghest Barghe-

Send a message via Skype™ to Emi
Quote:
Next, Keith arrived at a trade machine where the person he was trading with was someone he knew- his friend, Blaze. Now, he placed the Paras on top of the trade machine, and could immediately see the tears forming in the Mushroom Pokémon's eyes.

"Parrrras..." Kevin said quietly. Keith didn't need Meowth to translate this one- Kevin had been like this ever since he found out he was being traded away, and Keith couldn't blame him. He was so scared of not being accepted, and now he was being traded away once again.

"Kevin, look," sighed Keith. "This has nothing to do with Marv or Harry, alright? You're a good, loyal Pokémon, and it's been great having you on the team. It's just... these are times of tough decisions, y'know? Hell, working with you and those mushrooms, I considered it a good challenge, and I had no problem with them whatsoever. Believe me, it takes a hell of a lot more than those mushrooms of yours to weird me out."

"Paras Paras..." sighed Kevin. The tears were gone, but he still looked thoroughly downcast.

"Look, Blaze is a good Trainer, you'll like him," Keith continued. "He's a friend of mine, and trust me, he knows what he's doing." And then, at that moment, Kevin's eyes went blank, and his left mushroom started vibrating.

"Hey, so, uh..." the Paras said in English. Well, not the Paras, per se. Normally a tough voice, now it sounded a bit let down. "So, this is it, huh?"

"I'm afraid so, Harry," nodded Keith. "Believe it or not, I'm even gonna miss you and Marv."

"Hmph," came the reply, before the left mushroom stopped vibrating, and the right mushroom started.

"Hey, uh, goodbye, I guess," Kevin said, now in a different voice. This was Marv, his right mushroom. Keith was given no time to respond to this before the vibrating stopped, and Kevin's eyes were no longer blank. The Paras looked at Keith timidly.

"Parras?" he asked nervously.

"It's alright, Kevin," Keith said. "They were just saying goodbye. I'll miss you, buddy." With that, he gently took the Bug/Grass-type in his arms and hugged him. After a few seconds, he set Kevin back down on the trade machine, and returned him to his Poké Ball. Neither he nor Meowth said anything more as he placed the ball on the trade machine, and this time it was replaced by no fewer than five Rare Candies. Normally, the sight of such a quantity of confection would cheer Keith up, but given what it had cost him, not so much this time.

Trading my level 3 male Paras to blazeVA for 5 Rare Candies. Take good care of him, alright?

Kevin
Species: Paras ()
Type: Bug/Grass
Attacks: Scratch, Cut, Rock Smash, Flash, Thief, Cross Poison.
Next attack learned: Stun Spore, Poison Powder (lv. 6)
Evolution: >Lv. 24>
Ability: Effect Spore
Cute stat: 10
Beauty stat: 10
Tough stat: 10
Smart stat: 10
Cool stat: 10
Birthday: March 9th
As soon as Keith heard that Levin was planning to drop off his new Paras in the Adoption Center if nobody wanted him, he immediately made an offer, knowing far too well that that place does to a Pokémon's self-esteem. His turned out to be the only offer, and so the Paras went to him.

Kevin himself is relatively normal. Shy around new people initially, but warms up to others quickly. A good friend, he's always up for a talk, and will always have a friend's back. Of course, his mushrooms are an entirely different story- Kevin's mushrooms are both capable of taking control of his mind and speaking through him- in English, no less. Such instances are easily identifiable by the mushroom in question vibrating, and Kevin's eyes going blank. As if the whole speaking English thing wasn't enough of a dead giveaway. Most worrying is the fact that both mushrooms have seemingly malicious intent, though they have never been implicated in any wrongdoing yet. Nevertheless, Kevin has a suspicious knack for finding and bringing back stolen property, and adamantly refuses to take credit for its return... Each mushroom has a distinct personality and name.

Harry, Kevin's left mushroom, is, in a word, tough. He doesn't take insults lightly and will often threaten to repay them in a violent manner. Even when not insulted, he can still be belligerent. He considers himself the brains of the operation, and is sometimes at odds with the other mushroom, Marv, due to his tendency to be, how do I put this... an idiot. Marv isn't quite as belligerent as Harry, but still has his moments. However, it's clear why Harry claims to be the brains of the operation- Marv has a tendency to ramble on, often threatening to inadvertently reveal too much information. Thus far, Harry has always managed to butt in and stop him from spilling too much, though Keith is waiting for them to slip up and actually reveal what sort of plans they have.

Kevin works hard to keep his mushrooms under control, and to that end, is eager to get stronger and evolve into Parasect. Whenever he manages to regain control of his mind, he is often nervous and apologetic, for fear of Marv or Harry having offended anyone in the vicinity, which accounts for his shyness somewhat.

*Trade Commenced*
It was another normal day at Blaze's secret base, with everyone in general doing the things they would normally do. Marche was going around the base, making sure that nothing was going wrong or something wasn't attacking them. This was occurring more with him, especially ever since they picked up the Shuppet from the Adoption Center, who was busy face first in a book about the occult, magic of some kind. Blaze wasn't exactly sure how he got that book in the first place, he figured someone had given it to him before but he wasn't sure who. She seemed to be absolutely absorbed in it however, much of the disdain of Hades. Well, normally Blaze figured it would be since he had his face in the book beforehand, but he was gone most of the day now and Blaze wasn't sure where he went to anymore. Not that Blaze precisely mattered, since it got him out of his hair and if it brought his weird experiments away from Blaze and Remilia it was all the better for both of them. Farseer and Static were in another conversation, as they seemed to have gotten really close in the last couple of months, to Blaze's surprise. He walked over to see what they were talking about, listening in closely. "...and I'm saying that the use of a proper algorithm would do wonders with your next line of research." the Rotom said, each word said with a small pause to the next one as he spoke, not trying to get out of hand like most Rotom would. "It would, but its tedious and time consuming. Monotonous, and I like to get out in the field and do observations instead of doing grunt work." "Observations are nice and all but they could be wrong!" "...observations be wrong? Well that makes no sense at all!" The Alomomola said angrily before swimming to the other side of the fish tank, clearly not wanting to continue pursuing this conversation. Static looked at Blaze with an expression somewhat close to mild shock, but he didn't seemed to alarmed. "Oh hey Blaze! I was just talking to Farseer about possible ways to enhance his research methods. It's somewhat that we differ on personally. He enjoys his field work while I enjoy a through search of the Internet. Seriously, all of this information on the Internet and he refuses to take advantage of it!" He was beginning to speak very quickly then, probably getting hyped up in his anger. "Hey, I wouldn't worry about it too much. Farseer likes being able to experience things himself, and that's not a bad thing at all. Though extremism on both sides isn't good. Maybe if you didn't keep trying to say that your method was superior to his, he might be more open-minded to it?" The Rotom looked pensive for a moment. "Maybe. It's possible after all that his reluctance to accept my methods was purely because of the egotistical way I presented it. Will think about it, but I do have the duty at the moment of putting in the Larvesta language into the translator. Fascinating language actually, then tend to have three words for objects depending on the context of the sentence." With that the Rotom was off, and Blaze went into the elevator to go upstairs, noticing something strange about it. There was another button put in, definitely recently though Blaze had no idea who would have been able to do such a thing, and it had the number "3" next to it. 'Oh. No.' He pushed the two button instead and went on the second floor.

Sitting next to the computer was Remilia, though she wasn't human at the moment. In the last two weeks, Remilia had been changing nearly everyday; the sudden increase in frequency unexpected and again neither Blaze nor Remilia had any clue on what was causing it. Even with the help of his new Shuppet, which granted was more of a hindrance than a help, they were unable to find an answer. But, Remilia was more focused on something else at the moment however. When Blaze walked in, he went to say something about the elevator controls but was swiftly cut off by Remilia. "Blaze, Blaze, Blaze you need to come here reaaaalllly quickly!" She was super excited about something, something Blaze grimaced on the inside(his Coin Exchange account was not doing so well these days, though the recent location change of the Casino into a near-inaccessible location for Blaze might be the cause of that), but he was more than willing to go for, as long as it made sense. He sat down at the computer and found himself at the White Market website again, and Remilia currently had Keith's page opened up again. On it was a picture of a Paras. "A Paras? I didn't know you liked them." "Noooooo its not the Paras! It's the tochukaso mushrooms I want!" Blaze, was in a single word, confused. "What about mushrooms now?" Remilia took a deep breath in, apparently trying to calm herself down, but it didn't work very well. "Well, see, these tochukaso mushrooms were used by a friend of mine in special potions that gave a person immortality! Never was sure if they worked however. Anyways, I'm sure that i can replicate the potion if only we had the mushrooms!" Blaze looked at her with astonishment in his eyes, then disbelief. "you are not going to give me some mushroom potion you know." Remilia looked at him coyly. "Oh come on, you are going to need to be immortal if we are going to be together." Blaze stopped. That was honestly the ONE thing he hadn't considered about the two of them being together. As far as he knew, vampires didn't age and were essentially immortal. Sure, they could be killed if you knew what you were doing, but if they were careful or really powerful they could live on for centuries, even millenniums. Blaze knew that Remilia was about five hundred years old, and didn't seem a day over eighteen. How was Blaze going to stick with that? "...Alright, let's see if I can make an offer."

----------------

Blaze and Remilia made the deal the very same day, and went into the Cable Club a couple of days later after they had acquired the candies needed to make the transaction. Remilia was in human form now, which turned some eyes from fellow patrons and the people who worked at the Cable Club but she simply ignored them all. This was, after all, a mission to keep her boyfriend with her forever, so she could afford a few shocked faces, defiant stares, and curses muttered under their breaths. If this was a different place or a different time she would have made sure they got what was coming to them...or maybe she might yet still, but for now she would remain stoic on it. Blaze walked with her, his hand bound in hers, a new thing that people did since Remilia walked around and she found it quite exhilarating. Far better from the times when even a smile would get you arrested for public indecency. 'This world isn't all too bad...once you get past certain aspects that make it less appealing.' They reached the counter where the trade was being held, and gave the attendant the five candies needed. The Cable Club was a rather oddly built place in all honestly, and Blaze never truly got a hang of it. There were two types of booths: the first were in a sense self-serve, and those were used for item trades, ones that didn't have to be monitored by the people in charge. The other were the classic style booths with attendants, used to monitor the trades of Pokemon. Of course, rumors of backdoor trades and crooked deals in parking lots spread rapidly, especially in the last few weeks Blaze had noticed. He personally saw no reason why people had to cheat and bully others, why we couldn't just be a good community and help each other out. Remilia didn't exactly care about stuff like that, she just wanted what she wanted and she wondered if Blaze realized the..."extents" she would go to get something that she wanted. She had better not bring up the example of the Venice merchant who had cheated her out of in today's money almost fifty grand. "Here you go, Blaze and Remilia. The Paras is ready to meet you two." The attendant said in a calm, jovial voice, as much of an oxymoron as that sounds. Remilia nodded, "Thank you. We'll be sure to take care of it." She took the Pokeball before taking out a small paintbrush and a small jar of blue paint, before carefully painting a bright blue "R" on the Pokeball. "Good, now you are also a part of Remilia's Coven. Come on out, Paras!" She threw the Pokeball into the air, it releasing in a bright flash of light a bug, probably some sort of cicada by Blaze's memory, with two small mushrooms on its back.

"Paras paras?" The Paras said before Blaze took the a translator out of his bag and fitted it to the Paras. Blaze didn't really make many more of these translators in recent times, mostly because Pokemon come in all sorts of different sizes and shapes that you really can't mass produce them. Plus he had no intentions on selling them to anyone, he wasn't out to make a profit. "Ummm...hello? Are you the trainer who is supposed to be taking care of me?" The Paras said very timidly, almost as if it was afraid of Blaze. "Well, no little guy! That's my job!" Remilia said happily. "Your job...?" The Paras said, confused. He was under the impression that well...it was going to be a "he" training him. Remilia was not a "he". "Yeah! Blaze let's me train my own team now! Granted, legally, its all still in his name, but I think that I can do with this whole 'trainer' thing!" Remilia said brightly. Paras's eyes suddenly went blank, and the left mushroom began to wobble back and forth. "Geshsyhw bhewhgba hejsbfrsa". He was speaking gibberish. Blaze and Remilia both looked at each other before Paras raised his claw and knocked the translator off of his face. "THERE! Much better, that damn translator be jumbling up what I was saying!" The voice was rough, like a real tough guy, and Remilia raised an eyebrow at this interesting development. "Now, as to what I was saying. Ha! A girl, gonna be my trainer!? Don't make me laugh, my spores will come out!" The mushroom stopped wobbling before the one on the right began to. "Harry, man have some respect! You have a mother you know, imagine what she would say!" This one sounded similar, maybe a little bit less gruff than the mushroom on the left. Remilia got a bright smile on her face as she wondered what in the world was going on with these mushrooms. "Marv, our mother would totally agree with what I just said!" Remilia then stepped in. "Oh...really? You think I'm not capable enough, Marv?" She said this with every ounce of venom and scorn she could push into it. She then bent over, and smiled. This was not a smile of happiness, but rather it was one of those "I'm about to show you what I mean" smiles. She takes Marv between her two fingers, and pulls him off of the Paras. Paras comes back to only to be taken over by the right mushroom. "Please lady have mercy on him alright! He was just kidding!"

Remilia smiled a real devilish smile. "I had a friend once, real nice girl too. See, she was a witch. A good one too. Had all sorts of potions and stuff for pretty much everything you could imagine. I seem to remember there being a potion for immortality that she had...seemed to use...tochukaso mushrooms I think? I'm sure if I put my mind to it I could remember it. Anyways, I think that I am more than capable of this. Understand?" She then puts Marv back onto the Paras, and it shook violently. "Alright lady, I think you made your point more than clear enough. You are good in my eyes okay!" The mushrooms stop wobbling then, and Paras comes back to. "Paaarrrrassssss?" Remilia tilts her head in confusion before remembering that the translator was knocked off, and quickly reattaches it. "What happened?" The Paras asked. Remilia smiled innocently, "Oh nothing! Marv and the other mushroom and I were all just getting acquainted, that's all!" The Paras nodded at this and smiled. "So, what should I call you? Let's see...you have to do with mushrooms...ummm...and you also have two other personalities...ummm...I'm not good at this naming thing at all! Ummm...that's it! See, your mushrooms are supposed to give people eternal life, and that's what I'm going to name you after!" Remila finished her little speech while Blaze just looked at her. "So...he's going to be named Eternal Life?" Remilia looked at Blaze, before laughing. "Of course not. You, little one, shall be named Vesnic!" She smiled and giggled a bit at this, and the Paras just looked on confused. "Vesnic?" it said timidly. Remilia stopped laughing and gave a small smile. "Yeah, that's 'eternal' in Romanian...I think so anyways. It's been a long time since I've spoken Romanian in any way, so I might be terribly off there. Anyways, let's go Vesnic, you've got to meet the rest of the coven!"

---------------

Ooc: Trading 5 candies for MM's Paras. Thanks man, and don't worry, your Paras will have a great home here!

***Trade Closed***
Old 03-16-2014, 12:58 PM   #3975
Stark
Rainbow Badge

Quote:
Trading my Brown (Cute) +60 Pokéblock to Stark for 4 Rare Candies. Thanks, man!

*Trade Commenced*
Trading 4 Candies to Missingo Master for a Brown (Cute) +60 Pokéblock, Thanks!

*Trade Closed*

Quote:
Trading my Ice Ball to Stark for 2 Rare Candies. Thanks!

*Trade Commenced*

Trading 2 Candies to Missingo Master for an Ice Ball, Thanks!

*Trade Closed*
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out > Hall of Records