UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > Secret Bases

Old 08-11-2017, 08:39 PM   #126
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

'Yeah, those two moves definitely do help.' Bell paused as he remembered something. 'A tutorial video I watched said that a move called Electroweb could also work, but you'd have to remove the electricity before any human tries to put it on, and isn't recommended for anyone without an Electric Typed partner. Maybe that could work...?'

'Yletinifed!' Elen replied almost immediately. 'Dne eht ni traeh ta snoitnetni sah ehs taht dnatsrednu I tub, hguor tib a s'ehs.'

"She saved me from a gible attack years ago, despite being weak already." There was a bit sadness tinging Chroma's words. "My mother and I nursed her back to health, and she's been with me since."

'Might be. I've never been able to figure out whether she or Berue was da first,'
Butternut sighed. 'Dat tangrowth ain't exac'ly da most talkative person, do, so I don' know if Chroma can understand her or not.'

Tangled Feet- "Only I have the right to hit me!"
Median Dia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 09:39 PM   #127
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

"Oh, cool," grinned Anion. "Hermione definitely knows that move, and Keith's got me for an Electric-type partner, so maybe I could tell her this."

Chuck nodded. "I have a teammate or two like that myself," he replied.

"Oh, wow," Keith replied. "That's pretty cool. I actually ended up saving my first Pokémon, instead of the other way around- saw a Koffing being beaten up by a pair of Machop one day, saved it, helped nurse it back to health, and the rest is history."

"Ah," nodded Dennis. "Yeah, I got a few teammates that are pretty quiet, too. Some of them, in fact, I dunno if they can even speak- never heard a word out of Keith's Torkoal or Palpitoad."
Old 08-11-2017, 10:30 PM   #128
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

'Oh, she does?' Bell chuckled a bit. 'Maybe it's a good thing I remembered that when I did, then!'

'Yllaer?'
Elen blinked as he processed this reveal, followed by a shrug with his white tentacles. 'Nosaer emos rof, deerb rerar a eb ot meht...'

Chroma chuckled a bit. "You always hear about people getting their first pokemon from some top-notch professor, or their parents, or something along those lines, and here we are with abuse stories! How weird is that?"

Louise huffed. 'Hardly anything too special.'

Chroma stared blankly at her partner for a brief moment. "And yet it's one of your most precious memories? You're not fooling me."

The mawile shrugged and sighed in mock exasperation at the same time. 'I should've known showing you that was a mistake. Anyway, didn't I get drug here for a battle or something?'

Butternut was evidently blown away this time. 'You don't know... at all? I mean I think half of what dat tang's ever said she said to me, but... nothin' at all? Dat's just hard ta imagine...'

Old 08-12-2017, 08:13 PM   #129
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

"Heh, yeah," smiled Anion.

Chuck nodded his agreement, though grinned as Louise reminded those who could understand her that a battle was to take place soon. "She's right," the Gengar said to Keith. "We're setting up for a battle, yes?"

"Yes we are, Chuck," Keith nodded. "Chroma, you ready?" he asked. "Aster and Chuck are both ready, it looks like," he added, glancing at his Shiny Mareanie and his Gengar.

"They can still communicate well enough without words," replied Dennis. "Shelley- that's the Torkoal- she can make her smoke take on different shapes, and control which way it floats, things like that. And Tinnitus, the Palpitoad, he vibrates those bumps on his head to create sound waves you can't actually hear, but you feel them, and he can use them to convey how he's currently feeling."
Old 08-12-2017, 08:55 PM   #130
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

Seeing as things were starting to spin towards the battle at last, Elen flipped off of Keith's head (accidentally dislodging his hat in the process) and floated over to Chroma's side with a slightly excited chirp.

'Oh, looks like they're getting ready to move,' Bell remarked as he watched the squid spin about 90 degrees and jet towards his team. 'Do I have to move or anything?'

"Yes, I am." Chroma turned swiftly to lead the way back to the stage, her pokemon following in just behind. "Shame we don't have an announcer this time, but it is an unofficial match. It's not exactly a requirement right now!"

'Uh, dat's neat an' all, but... dey both seem to be rather unclear ways of speakin','
Butternut muttered. 'Wouldn' dat make tryin' ta have a conversation wit 'em a game of charades?'

Old 08-12-2017, 09:21 PM   #131
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Keith chuckled as Elenchos accidentally dislodged his Mega Hat, and was quick to straighten it back out. He'd need it, after all.

Anion shook her head. "Nah, you're good," she replied. "Meowth sits on Keith's shoulder all the time when battles are going on."

"Anion ain't wrong," Meowth chimed in.

Keith followed Chroma onto the battlefield, with Chuck and Aster both following as well. "Yeah, it's kind of a shame," Keith agreed. "I thought that was a nice touch during the last battle, but I think we'll manage without it. Alright," he added, taking his position on one end of the battlefield. "Chuck, Aster, let's go!"

"Ready!" grinned the Gengar.

"Ma! Reanie!" Aster exclaimed, sparkling as she hopped out onto the battlefield. Literally sparkling- she was a Shiny, after all.

"Pretty much," nodded Dennis. "But they're pretty good at it, seein' as it seems to be the only way they like to communicate. Or maybe the only way they can- none of us is really sure which it is."
Old 08-12-2017, 09:40 PM   #132
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

'Ah, okay then.' Bell did his best to remain steady as Keith moved, not wanting to knock Anion over or fall off himself. He heaved a... gurgle... of relief when they finally reached their destination. 'Sorry, I'm not quite used to sharing yet...'

"Right. Louise! Elenchos!" Chroma called, her pokemon getting into position. "Are you two ready to shimmer and shine in your own ways?"

"Maw."

'Ni gninihs teg ot elba eb thgim I tub, gniremmihs tuoba wonk t'nod I!'

"Alrighty, then!" The heterochromiac then addressed her opponent. "You've got something to showcase, right? Then why don't you take the first move?"

'Da palpatoad's thing doesn' seem like it would do well with specifics,'
Butternut stated, his doubt still rather pungent. 'Feelings can' tell what jus' attacked ya, right?'

Old 08-12-2017, 10:27 PM   #133
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

"Don't sweat it, you're doing fine," smiled Anion. "Though we may wanna jump off when he gets ready to use a Z-Move, what with all the arm movement he does, y'know?"

Keith grinned as the battle got set to begin. He nodded at Chroma's prompting. "Indeed I do," he confirmed, gripping the brim of his Mega Hat. "Chuck!" he declared. "Emerge from the shadows, and make those shadows yours to control!" And he swept the Mega Hat off his head and held it up high, the Key Stone within it shining brightly. "Mega Evolve!!!"

Instantaneously, four tendrils of energy snaked forth from the Key Stone, and at the same time, another four tendrils of energy erupted from the Gengarite Chuck wore in his headband. As the tendrils connected in midair, they glowed brightly, the Key Stone and Gengarite now completely connected, and as this happened, Chuck changed shape, his lower body sinking into the floor, as well as his hands, and the transformation soon stopped, displaying the formidable Chuck now was.

Code:
Chuck's Gengarite is reacting to Keith's Mega Hat!

!!!

!!!!

!!!!!

Chuck has Mega Evolved into Mega Gengar!
"Now let's get this party started!" Keith grinned, a grin wide enough to rival that of his Mega Gengar's. "Chuck, use Toxic! Aster, use Dig!"

"Ma! Reanie reanie reanie reanie!" Aster exclaimed, attacking the ground beneath her with her numerous tentacles, tunneling underground with the intention of striking Louise from beneath. Chuck, meanwhile, exhaled a cloud of foul poisonous smoke in Elenchos's direction.

Dennis shrugged. "You got a point," he replied. "All I know is, I never had any trouble gettin' what he was tryin' to tell me."
Old 08-12-2017, 11:08 PM   #134
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

'Right, of course!' Bell agreed. 'All the more reason to pay attention to the battle!'

Chroma grinned herself as the brilliant pinkish light enveloped the gengar, knowing full well what it meant. "Alright, a mega evolution! Let's see how ell we fare against this one!" She waited until she got a nod from both of her own pokemon (and enemy orders) before calling out her own.

There was only one logical target for the Toxic, and one of the enemies was in a semi-invulnerable phase- it certainly made choosing orders a bit easier. "Louise, Magnet Rise followed by an Ancient Power against the gengar! Elen, use your Swagger on Chuck and set up a Reflective barrier!"

Butternut sighed. 'Well, it's worked so far, it'll probly continue to do so. Who am I to judge?'

Old 08-13-2017, 12:20 AM   #135
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Anion nodded and turned back to the battle.

Magnet Rise! Keith hadn't figured on that. As Aster sprang up out of the ground, she found that her target was high above her. "Reanie!?" Aster exclaimed in surprise

Chuck, meanwhile, was faring... slightly better. He'd gotten off the Toxic, but now had confusion to deal with, and was also on the receiving end of Louise's Ancient Power. Keith looked on as his Gengar wobbled in place, all three eyes unfocused.

"Alright, Chuck, pull it together!" he called encouragingly. "Use Shadow Ball on Louise, and follow up with Seismic Toss! Aster," he called to his Shiny Mareanie. "Elenchos should be poisoned from that Toxic, so let's capitalize on that! Lure him in with Attract, then go for a Bite attack!"

"Y'know, you should meet them sometime," Dennis remarked. "You'd be in a better position to judge if you have experience talking to them, yeah?"
Old 08-13-2017, 08:54 AM   #136
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

Chroma's plan had gone just as expected, with Louise getting an upper hand of sorts and Chuck getting... a bit derpy looking? "Elen, turn the whole deal against them with some Foul Play! Louise, now use Feint Attack!"

'Roger!' The mawile charged forward with one arm clearly ready to swing, taking the orb of spectral energies head-on as she went. She then swung with her other arm, charged with Dark power that was sure to at least make Chuck uncomfortable. Honestly, it such a simple trick that Louise still wasn't sure sure why it always worked even against foes who should know better, but she wasn't going to complain, either.

On the other hand... Elen was having a bit of an ADD moment. Here was a marvelous opportunity to pop some massive damage on the (admittedly awesome) enemy, but... Aster suddenly seemed a lot prettier, for some reason? Was it the fact that her sparkles have intensified? Or maybe it was the fact that she maintained a little bit of grace despite her attack missing completely...?

CHOMP!

And there she suddenly was, nibbling on a tentacle in a severely painful, yet kind of adorable, manner. Well, Elen wasn't about to let run off with a limb regardless of cute she was! He quickly attempted to wrap the rest of his tentacles around her to perform a Constricting maneuver, if only to try and get her to let go with her Merciless teeth.

Chroma decided to let the awkward mass of tendrils handle itself and focused back on her starter's side- it wasn't likely that Elen would do as she said at this point, anyway. "Now, Louise, pull up and bombard them!" The mawile flew out of the preoccupied gengar's immediate melee range, with tendrils of fire occasionally flickering out of her horn-maw: she was charging up to use Incinerate!

The pumpkasaur nodded slightly in agreement. 'Yeah, dat would be helpful. You guys have a Base of yer own, I take it?'

Old 08-13-2017, 09:22 AM   #137
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

The battle was going... alright. Chuck had landed the Shadow Ball, but was taking some big damage from Louise's attacks. And the confusion wasn't helping matters, either- the Mega Gengar wasn't able to use his Seismic Toss attack.

Aster, on the other hand, had landed a powerful blow on the Inkay, her Merciless Ability ensuring that her Bite was a critical hit on the poisoned opponent. Of course, Elenchos was now retaliating with Constrict. Not the strongest of attacks, but still not one that Aster particularly appreciated.

Keith gritted his teeth as Louise prepared for Incinerate. "Chuck, use Reflect Type on Aster!" he ordered- his thinking was that Incinerate would be a much less effective maneuver if Chuck was a Water-type, so copying Aster's type would be a great move here. "Then fight back with Power-Up Punch!" He then turned his attention to the Shiny Mareanie. She wouldn't take as much damage from Incinerate, but then, she also had another opponent trying to wrap himself around her, which could, he realized, work to his advantage... "Aster, turn around so Elenchos takes the Incinerate!" he ordered. "If that doesn't get him off, see if a Poison Sting does the trick! Either way, follow up with Peck!"

"We did," replied Dennis. "You were in the fight against Stewie, yeah? Well, the Shadow Sky weather he created destroyed our old Base. Keith's got a new one being constructed, though, and it's lookin' to be bigger and better than our old place. Which is good for me- I might actually be able to fit inside the house again," he grinned.
Old 08-13-2017, 10:25 AM   #138
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

'...And, fire!' Louise loosed her charged ball of flames right at Chuck, singing the space between his eyes. It didn't seem to do much for his psyche, however, seeing as said eyes were still out of focus and delirious looking.

"We can't let him get off that Power-Up Punch- Astonish him out of it!" Louise suddenly swooped back down horn-first and screamed in his face, Flinching him out of... hitting himself a third time. It was a bit of a disappointment for Chroma's side, sure, but at least Chuck wouldn't have the embarrassment of practically defeating himself after going mega, right?

Elen's tussle was going decidedly in the opposite direction- Aster's Ability continued to do massive work on him as he took a point-blank Poison Sting to the mantle. He wasn't quite sure what to make of her assault (it being a battle was kinda shelved in the back of his mind now), but Chroma certainly had a good idea. "Elen, break away and use Psywaven then Tackle her away!"

At first, it seemed like the inkay was following through with his orders. H released his hold on aster and jetted off, unleashing a particularly wave of powerful Psychic energy. Then he stopped and sorta... just let the mareanie's Peck land true with a pained squeal. "Oh, geez, that's not good..." Chroma muttered in response.

'Oh. Ooooh!' Butternut felt like a bit of an idiot for not realizing that the killer ladybug had probably destroyed something important before they got there. 'Sorry. At least yer gettin' somethin' better dan da original, right?'

Old 08-13-2017, 10:45 AM   #139
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Chuck was not having any luck in this battle! The confusion was still screwing with him, and Louise's Astonish had landed a nasty blow. At least Chuck flinched instead of hitting himself out of confusion, so it wasn't all bad, but even still, Keith was pretty sure it could be better than this!

Aster, on the other hand, was doing quite well, having fended off Elenchos with Poison Sting. She took some good, solid damage from Psywave, but her Peck attack was right on target, especially as the Inkay seemed to refuse to use Tackle.

Louise, thus far, was proving very difficult to even hit with an attack. Once Chuck snapped out of it, Keith knew, the battle could truly begin to take off. And there wasn't much Aster could even do to Louise. If only he'd been able to teach Aster Liquidation back when the Move Tutor first announced a new service! But no, the service was delayed, so right now, the Mareanie didn't even know any Water attacks.

"Come on, Chuck, snap out of it!" Keith exclaimed. "Try to focus! Use your Submission attack on Louise and follow up with Shadow Punch!" Then he turned to Aster- it seemed like a good time to try and tip things in his favor- even with that Attract, Elenchos still was capable of landing powerful hits, so by no means was the Inkay any less of a threat than the Mawile. "Aster!" Keith called. "You ready?"

"Ma! Reanie!" nodded Aster. At this, Meowth hopped down off of Keith's shoulder, and Anion indicated to Bell that they should do likewise.

"Then let's show 'em a Z-Move!" Keith exclaimed, starting to move his arms (once his shoulders were devoid of passengers). His Poisonium Z gleamed brightly as he did so.

"Maaaaa!" exclaimed Aster.

"Our minds, our spirits, linked as one!" Keith was saying as he moved. "A power as intense as the Plague Swamp of Cascadia! Feel the poison- BE the poison!"

"MAAAAREANIE!" Aster responded, feeling the Z-Power flow into her. She was ready, ready to upgrade her Poison Sting into something far stronger.

"Use Acid Downpour!!! Keith commanded.

Code:

Aster surrounded itself with its Z-Power!

Aster unleashes its full-force Z-Move!

Acid Downpour

"It's cool," nodded Dennis. "Fortunately, Luna must've foreseen this happening, because she started preparing everyone to evacuate before anything happened. As a result, Keith didn't lose anything irreplaceable, and we all made it out alive. And yeah- definitely getting something better, can't complain there," he grinned.
Old 08-13-2017, 11:51 AM   #140
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

Chuck was finally moving properly again, just as the Reflect wore off. He was still confused, judging from the blank look in his eyes, but a brief moment of clarity had definitely come to him as he zoomed straight for Louise, scooped her up, and rolled with her a very significant amount of damage- his Attack increase wasn't doing did a bit more damage to himself as well, however.

Unfortunately for the gengar, this was precisely what Chroma and Louise were waiting for. "Now, Metal Burst!" The mawile began to glow in a silvery light that grew gradually in intensity, before flaring up and bombarding him at point-blank range with sharp metallic splinters. It wasn't hard to tell that this attack had dealt far more damage than what the Deceiver Pokemon had received (which was already a hefty chunk), though she didn't seem to take any recoil from it like Chuck had...

On the other hand... Keith himself was being evacuated. As in, all three of the pokemon that were on him booked it the heck out of there, which could only mean one thing: another Acid Downpour was on the way! "Come on Elen, pull yourself together and Tackle her!" The severity of the the situation was not lost on the lovesick squid, who decided the yellow aura that was now surrounding Aster didn't fit her at all. He jetted straight towards the mareanie as fast as he could... but it was too late. A thick, purple mist enveloped the inkay and canceled his forward momentum, and the droplets of toxic rain weighed him down into putrid swamp that had formed below. There was a piercing shriek, and then the whole thing just seemed to explode and disappear entirely, leaving the highly wounded squid lying forlornly upon the ground...

Elenchos struggled to pick himself off the ground, a look of sadness plastered in his eyes. He focused one last time, firing off a maximum power Psywave at Aster before collapsing once again, his conciousness having been claimed by the poison that had been running quietly through him the whole time...

*The opponent's Chuck snapped out of confusion!*

The mega gengar's eyes finally refocused (albeit a bit dilated from the last attack), likely jarred back to reality by the massive blow he just took. Louise and Chroma both frowned as energy began to gather around his clawed fist. Even if the Punch missed, the Shadowy energy around it would simply veer back towards the target for full damage- it was a truly unavoidable attack. "Louise, meet that with a Feint Attack!"

'Dat's a relief,' Butternut replied to Dennis' explanation. 'I knew things were bad, but not dat-' The sounds of the battle finally reached a point where they could interrupt the conversation. '... Sounds like dey're at it again, huh?'

Old 08-13-2017, 02:24 PM   #141
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Fortunately, Chuck was able to land the Submission. Unfortunately, Chroma had been counting on this, as Louise retaliated with Metal Burst! A powerful counterattack for sure. Aster, on the other hand, had knocked Elenchos out with Acid Downpour, and now that Chuck had snapped out of it, it was two against one. "Wha... what just happened?" Chuck asked, shaking off the confusion.

"Swagger happened," Keith replied. "You good now?"

"I think so," confirmed the Mega Gengar. "Well, then, shall we wrap this up?" he added, turning back to Louise.

"Let's do it," grinned Keith. "Shadow Punch!"

"Yeah!" Chuck grinned, zooming forward. One of his fists rose out of the floor, cloaked in shadowy energy, though Louise met this head-on with a Feint Attack. Both attacks hit their respective targets, though neither of them collapsed. That said, however, it was clear that both the Mega Gengar and the Mawile had taken a lot of damage. The battle wasn't going to last for very much longer, regardless of which side won.

"Alright, let's do it!" declared Keith. "Chuck, Seismic Toss! Aster, use Dig!" His thinking was that Chuck would hurl Louise to the ground just in time for Aster to emerge and land a super effective blow- Magnet Rise was surely nearing the end of its duration as well, which would do the Mawile no favors.

"Hm, yeah, sounds like it," nodded Dennis. "Let's check it out."
Old 08-13-2017, 03:11 PM   #142
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

It was clear at this point that they weren't going to win the match- as much as Louise had the definite advantage over Aster, the wounds she had received from Chuck were just too great for her to evade the mareanie at this point- not even a few Thunder Punches would be able to turn the tide, most likely.

That didn't mean they were going to go down quietly, of course. They had one last chance to take out the gengar at the very least, so it would be quite foolish to let the opportunity slip on by. "It's time to end this, Louise! Iron Head!"

'You don't have to tell me twice!' She charged straight toward the mega evolved pokemon, using the momentum of the failing Magnet Rise to fuel the strike. Surprisingly, she was able to touch ground without feeling Chuck's arms grab ahold of her in preparation for his own attack- evidently, he had Flinched! 'Sorry, but it's time for both of us to sleep.' And with that, she blew a Fairy Wind at him just before Aster's Dig finally struck true, toppling the mawile over in defeat.

"And that's both of my pokemon down." Chroma stated simply, apparently in shock of the outcome. "I... I actually beat a Mega Evolution...?"

'Aw, it looks like dey just ended,' Butternut complained as he warped into the stands once more. 'Looks like your trainer won, do!'

(OOC: I'm not gonna lie, I was not expecting to actually get the Flinch. I'm not gonna complain, but... it's not exactly how I was expecting things to end when we started this, you know?)

Old 08-13-2017, 04:49 PM   #143
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

The battle was in its final moments. Louise dove down, landing an Iron Head as the Magnet Rise ended, but Chuck flinched, preventing his Seismic Toss. But then, just as Louise blew a Fairy Wind at Chuck, the not very effective move proving to be the straw that broke the Numel's back, Aster erupted out of the ground below Louise, landing a finishing blow with Dig.

"Wow," Keith remarked, grinning even as he withdrew his unconscious Gengar. "Yeah, you did," he nodded to Chroma. "Louise and Elenchos are both pretty awesome, that was a good battle. And Aster!" he grinned, as the Shiny Mareanie jumped up into Keith's arms. "You were awesome," he smiled.

"Mareanie! Mareanie!" smiled Aster as she hugged her Trainer.

"Yeah, looks that way," replied Dennis. "And from the looks of things, he was using Aster. She's still pretty young, but she's pretty decent in battle."
Old 08-13-2017, 10:24 PM   #144
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

Chroma's giddy smile loosened up a bit as she physically picked Louise up off the ground. "Oh, dear, this one's going to hold this over my head for a long time..." She recalled Elenchos to his pokeball before continuing on. "Unfortunately, the little victor did a darn good job at keeping Elen from really shining. I knew mareanie were tough, but that blew my expectations out of the water!" She turned to lead the way back to the healing machine.

'Woah, that was intense...' Bell managed to squeak out as the trainers went about their post-battle banter. 'Acid Downpour's pretty painful to watch once you've already been through it yourself, though...'

'Aster's da smaller spiky thin', right?'
Butternut asked. 'Den she'd have to be pretty tough to be da last one standin' against Louise and da dumb squid...'

Old 08-14-2017, 01:05 AM   #145
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Keith smiled proudly at Aster while Chroma remarked on how tough she was. "Yeah, Aster may be shy, but she's no slouch in battle," Keith grinned, following Chroma to the healing machine. "And that was with just the few moves she knows at the moment- imagine when she starts learning even stronger moves? Ooh, or Toxic, for that matter- Aster's Ability is Merciless, which means everything she uses on a poisoned opponent is a guaranteed critical hit. Can you imagine Aster with Toxic and Venoshock?" he smiled. "But yeah- you and your Pokémon put up a damn good fight," he added. "Tying against Chuck, that's not nothing, Louise should be proud of how she did."

"Yeah, for sure," Anion nodded. "I took one of those myself, once- training battle against Chromium. Keith likes to practice the move with as many of his Pokémon as possible. But yeah, definitely painful," she nodded.

"Oh, she's definitely tough," nodded Dennis. "She's quiet and shy normally, but get her in a battle, she gives it her all. And her all is a lot, make no mistake. Her Ability's pretty cool, though- if she's attacking a poisoned target, all critical hits, all the time."
Old 08-14-2017, 07:43 AM   #146
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

"Oof, I forgot about Venoshock..." Chroma muttered before speaking back up. "I've been trying to come up with a silly little strategy in case I ever got one of my own since I learned of their existence just a bit before the Pokepelago fiasco. Who needs big, hard to find Dragons when an awkward encounter on a beach could have you befriend a true combat beast?!" She took a moment to laugh at her own... whatever that was. "...Ahem! Yeah, Louise certainly does a good job on the battlefield. Believe me, she's going to be proud about it, and quite annoying. I'd been trying unsuccessfully to convince her to get a mawilite back when mega Stones were readily available, and she'd always claim that she didn't need any more power- this was a victory for her on multiple fronts!"

'You have?' Bell echoed, not quite sure to make of it. 'How long ago did that happen? As much as it sucked taking that attack now, I'm glad I didn't take it when I was younger...'

'Eh?! Criticals all da time?!' Butternut was blown away by the mere thought of having such a power. 'Dat would explain what happened wit' da dumb squid! Da larger one prob'ly took out Louise, den, seeing as she can' be Poisoned, apparently...'

Last edited by Median Dia; 08-14-2017 at 10:30 AM.
Old 08-14-2017, 10:05 AM   #147
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Keith grinned as Chroma remarked on wanting a strategy should she get a Mareanie of her own. "Good luck finding one," he responded. "Mareanie are pretty awesome." He nodded as she mentioned Louise continually turning down the idea of getting a Mawilite, back when the old Pokémart sold Mega Stones. "Ah, yeah, I remember- that's how I got my Gengarite and Beedrillite," Keith nodded. "I kinda regret not getting a Venusaurite when I had the chance, though- I was saving my money because I heard a rumor that they were gonna start selling Z-Crystals... and then the Elite Four fled, and all hell broke loose, and yeah, that ship has sailed," he chuckled. "But I'm sure I'll eventually get the Mega Stones I'm looking for," he nodded. "Venusaurite, Cameruptite, Banettite, Blastoisinite, Houndoominite... I'm getting off topic, though," he added, shaking his head. "Louise really did great. Elenchos, too, even if he didn't get more of a chance to show what he can do."

"A couple of weeks ago," replied Anion. "I think it was a little easier on me than on you, since I'm pretty used to taking Poison attacks in training battles. Sludge, Sludge Bomb, Sludge Wave, even Gunk Shot. But yeah, I toughed it out," she grinned.

"Probably," nodded Dennis. "Though Aster can also use Dig, that'd be super effective on a Mawile, so I'm willing to bet she could've at least helped there."
Old 08-14-2017, 11:02 AM   #148
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

(OOC: Hi, my name is Med, and I may be a bit dyslexic. How'd I get Anion and Aster confused otherwise?)

"That's... a lot of stones..." Chroma stated, a bit awestruck. "There's a certain point where it becomes borderline obsessive..." She coughed before continuing on. "Do you know enough about inkay to tell what my strategy with him was now that it's over?"

'I guess that would help a bit,' the dewpider agreed. 'I've been hit with another super powerful attack before, but I had plenty of protection against it at the time. Definitely made a difference, I'd say!'

'Mawile are weak to Ground?' Butternut asked in genuine surprise- it was just now dawning on him that he hadn't seen her take a particularly serious hit before, outside of Stewie's Shadow moves. 'Dat's... interestin', I guess...'

Old 08-14-2017, 03:06 PM   #149
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

"Well, I'm not in a hurry to get them all," Keith shrugged. "But hey, my Pokémon want to be able to Mega Evolve, and I'm willing to help them make that happen." At Chroma's question, he thought back to the battle, thought about what he knew about Inkay. "Well, Swagger and Foul Play was part of it, for sure," he nodded. "And Reflect so that the Attack boost from Swagger didn't come back to bite you... does Elenchos have Contrary?" he asked. "Because yeah, I'm thinking Reflect would be the only way a Pokémon with Contrary can raise their own Defense while using a move actually meant to do that."

Anion nodded. "Definitely makes a difference," the Minun agreed. "What was that super powerful attack you took, anyway? If it was a Fire move, I get it, because Water Bubble- that makes Fire moves do less to you, you said, right?"

"Yep," nodded Dennis. "Steel-types are weak to Ground. A lot of 'em learn Magnet Rise, though, which they can use to avoid Ground moves. Keith's got a Pawniard that knows that move."
Old 08-14-2017, 06:05 PM   #150
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

"You're right so far," Chroma admitted. "And his Ability is in fact Contrary, though that's not particularly significant here- the Reflect wasn't put up with just him in mind. That being said, the end goal was to keep using Chuck's own vastly superior strength against him until his confusion wore off, then use Topsy-Turvy to reverse the Swagger boost- I figured that someone who use to be a machop would have an extensive arsenal of physical techniques, so hurting his ability to use them would likely make him even more flustered!" She took a moment to chuckle to herself. "Of course, Aster used her womanly wiles before I could even order the first Foul Play, and the rest is history."

'A move called Fire Pledge, actually,' The dewpider answered, clearly building up to something. 'Are you familiar with the Pledges?'

Butternut's ears flattened a bit at Ginny's mention. 'Yeah, dat one's got a few other tricks tucked beneath her blades, too...'

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > Secret Bases