UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > The Misc

Old 03-27-2007, 09:42 PM   #26
GrJackass
Night Man

Re: Borat.

i don’t even know how to respond to it, mainly because there is nothing to respond to in respect to the current argument

do you even read what I write anymore or do you just see that I posted , you remembered that I said comedy central in a previous post and attack me out of nowhere, because everything in your paragraph has been addressed. And I find it rather hard to have an actual discussion when I state an argument on everything you have posted, and you without citing any examples present an argument. Ok to be fair you said the snickers commercial has nothing to do with the PC environment we live in? honestly it really is the perfect example and if you cant see that it really tells me that you don’t know what your talking about and your just bringing your personal anger into this discussion.
but then again it says something about my argument when you focus on attacking one point ive made when Ive presented several arguments on everything you have posted and you have yet to retort with anything relevant. PC isn’t infringing on our rights? Really? Anything to support that claim? Please something.

but it really seems like are bringing your bias into this argument and im sorry that you are mocked and such, I know how hard it can be I’ve had several gay friends in my lifetime and I’ve seen what they’ve gone through (but this is in new york so I imagine it cant be nearly as bad as what you’ve gone through) and time and time again have I debated gay rights to marriage and have done so on this very website. (even though gay couple adoption seems to be the new loophole)

but you have to understand people make fun of other people and people have the right to offend people. Do you think that after 300 came out with me being greek enjoy being called a boy toucher? Not at all! (Because perverted justice now may be on to me now, I swear if I see chris hanson at my house with a god damn cookie im coming for you loki /shakes fist) and do you think I like that the term “speaking greek” the language of my native people, the first language I knew, is defiled by meaning that you enjoy anal sex? Of course not! But you have to understand people have the RIGHT to do that, and it really shouldn’t bother you…. Ooooffa I won’t even mention my nickname in Jr High that was derived from my last name …… ok ill give you a clue, my last name ends in IS and has 6 syllables.

now lets hit home now, what if the ku klux klan or the super christian right wing were to somehow get their way and the topic of homosexuality were to become unpopular speech, would you stand for it? Would you keep silent? Fuck no and I wouldn’t expect you to be.

Now, you brought up the womans right topic…

As for fucking woman rights first off you were not alive when women weren’t allowed to vote, the people who “suggested” that women not vote does in no way impede your right to vote, where as blacks in florida absolutely still have issues with voting when police tell them to stay home on election day and the police round up any that are out and about and that is NOT a new problem. and in today’s world there is SUCH a double standard with women that is even displayed on TV, haven’t you noticed in every sitcom the white guy husband is always some dumb douche and the woman is ALWAYS right, she always has her way, even hits the husband and so on, which is completely offensive to me and is racist and sexist to white males. But if the situation were to be reversed on a sitcom there would be such uproar over it the resulting protest shouts would create a tidal wave which will wipe out half of Africa. Same goes with the double standard with African Americans, for example reverend al sharpten is in outrage over the Shaun bell case because he thinks all cops are racist and I quote “all police officers should be shot” even though one of the police were infact black, again racist and offensive but where was the reverends outrage when a black SAVAGE beat a over 100 year old lady? Nowhere, but had the attacker been white and the old lady black there would be a fucking parade of protesters from here to Brooklyn

And if you think women don’t have rights Jesus CHRIST just walk into a divorce court sure all women want to be “independent” and break that glass ceiling (which the gap is quickly disappearing) but when your in that divorce court your all vulnerable and hurt
The laws are so unbalanced and archaic its re- god damn-diculous

Alright, I understand that women have right to half the possessions from when they are together with the guy, that I don’t mind

What gives women the audacity to claim things from before the marriage or future earnings? So you get to live in the house the guy paid for while we dopes that signed a marriage certificate out of love now have to live in a hovel because not only do you get the house but a percentage of future earnings? What reason is for this? What? Your accustomed to your current life style? So was the guy, why don’t you GET A FUCKING JOB AND EARN YOUR LIFESTYLE YOUR ACCUSTOMED TO?

Testimony from every divorced guy:
She had cold eyes, black eyes, like a DOLLS EYES, You hear that high pitched screamin and hollerin… sometime she go away… sometime she don’t go away… my friend was PULLLED into the water…. Bitten in half at the wallet…. ill never get married again…

you cant keep her down with just two alimony checks in her belly!

We’re gonna need a bigger bank account…

Alimony check’s in the water, wife’s in the water, EX wife…. Farewell and adieu to you fair Spanish lady…

Damn it I wont have you open up that shark and have that alimony check SPILL ALL OVER THE DOCK!!

This next line wont make sense but if you don’t get it with this one you all can go fuck yourselves
Oh ill find your wife for 3000, but Ill catch it and kill it for 10, for that you get the head, the tail, the whole damn thing…
Ok one more.
It’s the FOURTH of JU-LIE those beaches WILL stay open!

As for the topic of woman’s rights, I know ill get flamed because its an unpopular opinion according to women, and not many men will post in support, but all I did was present fucking facts and if any guy says they don’t agree with my opinion they are lying cause no one is FOR giving up half their shit and then some. if you want to discuss it further please create a new thread, but I wont read any more on the subject nor will I reply to it because I don’t have time patience or passion to continue the topic.

sigh, how did a movie review result in this? If I may quote a great man “holy shit”

PS: because of this post I no longer have any right to make fun of talon for post size for a good month

”Fee, fie, foe, fum the End are Near at thou Bobbum. Time me open Bobbum Van trunk, for ruin Bobbum wif Equipmunk.”
GrJackass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 09:51 PM   #27
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Send a message via AIM to Doppleganger

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrJackass
Haha, oh wow, GR that quote has earned a place in my signature someday.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Doppleganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 11:14 PM   #28
Kasumi Violet
Boulder Badge

GR, I'm sorry, but you seem to be unable to focus or understand what terms mean, and what's relevent to this debate, which is why our debate isn't turning out as you expect.
PC = "Political correctness (often abbreviated to PC) is a term used to describe language or behavior which is intended, or said to be intended, to provide a minimum of offense, particularly to racial, cultural, or other identity groups."
Not defined as "people being overly sensitive to stuff." Nor is it defined as "companies caring about minority groups only" or "Comedy Central censoring sh*t." You misunderstand what PC is and what's its purpose is, instead you see cases where people whose opinion you don't think should matter mattering more than your own.
But fine, I'll quote it all, almost line by line to prove to you that I do read what you type.
Quote:
i don’t even know how to respond to it, mainly because there is nothing to respond to in respect to the current argument
See above, please.

Quote:
do you even read what I write anymore or do you just see that I posted , you remembered that I said comedy central in a previous post and attack me out of nowhere, because everything in your paragraph has been addressed.
I believe I was reiterating myself, because your counter points were not valid against what I said. That is why I have ignored them, but apparently you really want it spelled out for you, so here you go.

Quote:
And I find it rather hard to have an actual discussion when I state an argument on everything you have posted, and you without citing any examples present an argument. Ok to be fair you said the snickers commercial has nothing to do with the PC environment we live in?
The snicker's commercial fiasco, in the case you cited, was about censorship of homosexuality.
You were claiming that men who are afraid a commercial will make their sons gay are part of the PC movement, when they're about the opposite, as PC people try not to offend minorities such as homosexuals.

Quote:
honestly it really is the perfect example and if you cant see that it really tells me that you don’t know what your talking about and your just bringing your personal anger into this discussion.
No, it is not for the reason specified. It is a wonderful example of self-imposed censorship of controversy, but it has nothing to do with Political Correctness. The ad clearly didn't in any way suggest that homosexuality should be encouraged, nor are homosexuals a majority whose whims are catered to by any stretch of the imagination.

Quote:
but then again it says something about my argument when you focus on attacking one point ive made when Ive presented several arguments on everything you have posted and you have yet to retort with anything relevant.
I disagree strongly, but my disagreement doesn't add anything to the debate, which is why I don't just come out and say it constantly thus addressing every one of your points until you suggested that I don't read what you say.

Quote:
PC isn’t infringing on our rights? Really? Anything to support that claim? Please something.
PC is a social convention. It's no more infinging on anyone's right than religion does. If I don't like a church, I don't go to it. If you don't like PC venue, don't patronize places that practice it. NOTHING THAT IS VOLUNTARY CAN INFRINGE ON YOUR RIGHTS, BECAUSE IT IS NOT FORCED THEREFORE YOU MUST CONSENT TO IT. It is logic.
You have a right to bear arms, you have a right to say whatever you want as long as it's not clearly inciteful, you have a right to practice your religious beliefs (or lack there of). You have a right to offend people, you have a right to make people think you're a jerk and want to avoid you. You do not have a right to force people into being a capative audience for you, you do not have the right to make others take you seriously, you do not have the right to use another's property to express ideas the other does not approve of (a good example of this is forums on the internet, technically there's no right to free speech there, as much as idiots go on about their right to free speech).

Quote:
but it really seems like are bringing your bias into this argument and im sorry that you are mocked and such, I know how hard it can be I’ve had several gay friends in my lifetime and I’ve seen what they’ve gone through (but this is in new york so I imagine it cant be nearly as bad as what you’ve gone through) and time and time again have I debated gay rights to marriage and have done so on this very website. (even though gay couple adoption seems to be the new loophole)
It's fine, I will happily admit that most of the anti-gay stuff I read I do so by my own choice. While there is some stuff that I don't really consent to hearing (my folks are anti-gay) if it really bothered me, I could always move to my own place. I want pity, but I do appreciate your sympathy.

Quote:
but you have to understand people make fun of other people and people have the right to offend people.
Of course you do, honestly, you could call me a feminazi dyke baby-killer for all I care. And, assuming I was the type to take such talk seriously, I would have the right to be offended by it and to take measures to avoid you. Are you grasping my point yet or do I have to make it again and again?

Quote:
Do you think that after 300 came out with me being greek enjoy being called a boy toucher? Not at all! (Because perverted justice now may be on to me now, I swear if I see chris hanson at my house with a god damn cookie im coming for you loki /shakes fist) and do you think I like that the term “speaking greek” the language of my native people, the first language I knew, is defiled by meaning that you enjoy anal sex? Of course not! But you have to understand people have the RIGHT to do that, and it really shouldn’t bother you…. Ooooffa I won’t even mention my nickname in Jr High that was derived from my last name …… ok ill give you a clue, my last name ends in IS and has 6 syllables.
Yes, everyone gets teased, and it's not fun for the person being teased. People will always poke fun at each other, while PC is the norm for media, it is not the norm for children who don't know better, or some types of comedians. If you like that type of comedy, you're more likely to find it at a local comedy club where the audience is better known to the comedian, so they know how to make jokes without seriously offending their audience, unlike a national media outlet which wants as many unoffended viewers as possible. I'll be the first to agree that government censorship is evil, but self-censorship by corporations is inevitable.

Quote:
now lets hit home now, what if the ku klux klan or the super christian right wing were to somehow get their way and the topic of homosexuality were to become unpopular speech, would you stand for it? Would you keep silent? Fuck no and I wouldn’t expect you to be.
I would keep silent at my job, because that would be being professional. I wouldn't keep silent in my personal life. But I would be aware that there would be social (not legal) consequences and I would be willing to accept them.

Quote:
Now, you brought up the womans right topic…
This is a tangent you're going on. It is not relevent to PC language useage at all.
Quote:
As for fucking woman rights first off you were not alive when women weren’t allowed to vote, the people who “suggested” that women not vote does in no way impede your right to vote, where as blacks in florida absolutely still have issues with voting when police tell them to stay home on election day and the police round up any that are out and about and that is NOT a new problem. and in today’s world there is SUCH a double standard with women that is even displayed on TV, haven’t you noticed in every sitcom the white guy husband is always some dumb douche and the woman is ALWAYS right, she always has her way, even hits the husband and so on, which is completely offensive to me and is racist and sexist to white males. But if the situation were to be reversed on a sitcom there would be such uproar over it the resulting protest shouts would create a tidal wave which will wipe out half of Africa. Same goes with the double standard with African Americans, for example reverend al sharpten is in outrage over the Shaun bell case because he thinks all cops are racist and I quote “all police officers should be shot” even though one of the police were infact black, again racist and offensive but where was the reverends outrage when a black SAVAGE beat a over 100 year old lady? Nowhere, but had the attacker been white and the old lady black there would be a fucking parade of protesters from here to Brooklyn
I know my right to vote is not in jeparody. I was giving a case where I found the speach in question offensive, but it was not banned at all. I am offended that someone would think that my sex should prohibit me from voting.
As for what's on TV, people are the ones who control the ratings (and thus the profits shows can produce, shows that don't produce profit are canceled), it's what the people want to watch. Personally, I never watch TV because I don't care much for any of it.
The racial issues are another thing entirely which I'm not even going to get into because double standards in law enforcement and hate speach are a huge mess. Personally, I believe advocating violence, no matter by who, on whom should be punishable.

Quote:
And if you think women don’t have rights Jesus CHRIST just walk into a divorce court sure all women want to be “independent” and break that glass ceiling (which the gap is quickly disappearing) but when your in that divorce court your all vulnerable and hurt
The laws are so unbalanced and archaic its re- god damn-diculousp
I agree that joint custody should be issued in all divorce cases. I don't know any intelligent feminist who believes otherwise. This has nothing to do with PC.

Quote:
Alright, I understand that women have right to half the possessions from when they are together with the guy, that I don’t mind

What gives women the audacity to claim things from before the marriage or future earnings? So you get to live in the house the guy paid for while we dopes that signed a marriage certificate out of love now have to live in a hovel because not only do you get the house but a percentage of future earnings? What reason is for this? What? Your accustomed to your current life style? So was the guy, why don’t you GET A FUCKING JOB AND EARN YOUR LIFESTYLE YOUR ACCUSTOMED TO?
I believe that if a wife works to pay for her husband's medical school, or makes a similar investment in his career that maybe a percentage of future earnings are reasonable. I believe it should be a two way street, if a husband pays for his wife's education, he should be entitled to a part of her earning which have increased as a result of his investment too.
Many divorce laws do need to be rewritten, they are a throwback from the days where no-fault divorces did not occur, and women didn't have the training to be able to make it on their own decently. Those times have largely passed thankfully. And again, this has nothing to do with PC language.

Quote:
Testimony from every divorced guy:
She had cold eyes, black eyes, like a DOLLS EYES, You hear that high pitched screamin and hollerin… sometime she go away… sometime she don’t go away… my friend was PULLLED into the water…. Bitten in half at the wallet…. ill never get married again…

you cant keep her down with just two alimony checks in her belly!

Alimony check’s in the water, wife’s in the water, EX wife…. Farewell and adieu to you fair Spanish lady…

Damn it I wont have you open up that shark and have that alimony check SPILL ALL OVER THE DOCK!!

This next line wont make sense but if you don’t get it with this one you all can go fuck yourselves
Oh ill find your wife for 3000, but Ill catch it and kill it for 10, for that you get the head, the tail, the whole damn thing…
Ok one more.
It’s the FOURTH of JU-LIE those beaches WILL stay open!
1.) Every divorced man does not have the same experience, I know a many divorced men who don't feel that way (and only one who does). Alimony is rarely awarded these days because women can and often do work.
2.) Yet again, what does this have to do with PC?
3.) Why are you acting as if you're the victim of this so-called conspiricy against men? Get a prenup when you get married, and you'll be fine.

Quote:
As for the topic of woman’s rights, I know ill get flamed because its an unpopular opinion according to women, and not many men will post in support, but all I did was present fucking facts and if any guy says they don’t agree with my opinion they are lying cause no one is FOR giving up half their shit and then some. if you want to discuss it further please create a new thread, but I wont read any more on the subject nor will I reply to it because I don’t have time patience or passion to continue the topic.
No, you presented a bunch of generalizations, a lot of which are quickly becoming outdated. I am not meaning to flame you, but really, that rant had nothing to do with PC language.

Quote:
sigh, how did a movie review result in this? If I may quote a great man “holy shit”

PS: because of this post I no longer have any right to make fun of talon for post size for a good month
Because people like to go off on tangents.

Look, I don't think poorly of you, I just think that you're misunderstanding what PC is and what it isn't, what rights are and what they aren't.
Kasumi Violet is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > The Misc