UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON > Trading

Old 06-16-2010, 02:57 PM   #26
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

*Looks towards store of ~200 BP*

I could get you a Shadow Ball TM.
People should watch what they enjoy regardless of what others think, even if it's a terribad guilty pleasure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppleganger View Post
Though, I also dislike the concept of lamenting the current day while wishing to re-experience the past. At least, my modern attitude is to try and make each new day magical even if it's not, since exclusively reminiscing about the past is too pathetic.
Kindrindra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 02:58 PM   #27
Loki
The Path of Now & Forever

Um... okay. I got like a full set of Power Items for Morgoth overnight. That's 6 x 16. If you can't beat the Battle Tower... Have fun with that.
Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 03:21 PM   #28
Talon87
時の彼方へ

It's not that I can't. It's that it takes fucking forever -- twenty-one battles per 1 BP (or 7 battles of 3v3, however you prefer to view it) -- to get 16 BP, let alone 32, let alone 64.

You're worse than I thought if you're telling me grinding the Battle Tower is no big deal to you. Fuck, man: get out and live your life. Battle Tower takes way too much time. You should not be having 500+ BP, Loki.
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 03:54 PM   #29
Stlbk
taco...

Send a message via AIM to Stlbk
After you beat Tycoon Palmer the first time, I wanna say the amount you get goes up.

I have almost two sets of Power Items cause I don't have two DS's lol.
Stlbk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 03:58 PM   #30
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Permanently? I thought it reset back down once you lost. It does for all the other frontier zones.
Old 06-16-2010, 04:02 PM   #31
Loki
The Path of Now & Forever

You can easily handle three or more of the seven rounds in a lunch break. And I know I don't do work that saves lives and every minute is precious, but go fuck yourself. I try to help you out by telling you that you can get it in-game legitimately without going to the trouble of finding someone else. But your time is so important that you can't play a game which you are trying to play.
Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 04:55 PM   #32
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Exactly: it takes over half an hour to complete the tower just once. Half an hour, for 1 BP. That's 8 hours for 16, or 32 hours for one Shadow Ball. Loki, I didn't mean to offend you that badly. I was being pretty serious: nobody should be sitting here telling me that they have one of every Battle Frontier item. To do that without cheating would take hundreds of hours. That's excessive.

EDIT: I should clarify then what my original request was, lest it seem like flamebait. I was asking for a Shadow Ball from somebody who doesn't mind parting with it and getting a lesser item in return. For example, somebody who had both HG and SS and would trade me the one TM for little to nothing. Crazy, of course. I didn't expect any bites, honestly. And as I've said before, if I wanted it hacked, I'd hack it myself. But what I absolutely didn't want was for somebody to waste (imho) 32 hours of their life to do me a favor. That may sound like I'm being a callous prick, to scorn somebody who has sacrificed 32 hours of their own time just for little ol' me. But I mean every word when I say, I don't want or need that kind of generosity. It's excessive. It upsets me more to know that somebody wasted 32 hours for a TM than it brings me joy to have said TM in my hands. I would rather that person, I dunno, be doing anything else productive with that time: be it cultural like academics or fine arts, or as base as scratching their ass or masturbating like crazy.

Last edited by Talon87; 06-16-2010 at 05:05 PM.
Old 06-16-2010, 05:22 PM   #33
Talon87
時の彼方へ

You know what, never mind: I was rude and out of line. I apologize. I shouldn't have said what I said. It was wrong of me to judge other people's use of their time when it's something as innocent and fun-bringing-to-the-person as this. Sorry.
Old 06-18-2010, 11:52 PM   #34
Talon87
時の彼方へ

List updated. New trades offered, requested.
Old 06-20-2010, 03:20 AM   #35
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

As I said earlier, I have a Shadow Ball TM you could have. *Ignored*
People should watch what they enjoy regardless of what others think, even if it's a terribad guilty pleasure.
Quote:
Though, I also dislike the concept of lamenting the current day while wishing to re-experience the past. At least, my modern attitude is to try and make each new day magical even if it's not, since exclusively reminiscing about the past is too pathetic.
Old 06-20-2010, 08:18 PM   #36
Talon87
時の彼方へ

For free? In return for ... ?
Old 06-22-2010, 11:39 AM   #37
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

You can have it for free if you want. I dunno, what would a Shadow Ball TM be worth in your opinion?
Quote:
Old 06-22-2010, 12:05 PM   #38
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Another TM. But I don't trade away my legit TMs. Hell, I don't even use 'em unless they're purchasable (for cash). That is why I asked. Because I am a selfish man but also a nice man: a man who doesn't like to cheat kids out of their TMs in exchange for Occa Berries. ;p LOL

As far as things I'd be willing to trade, uhh ... I have Pokéwalker-course creatures like Muddy Water Horseas and Trick Room Bronzors. I have a flying Pikachu. But the thing is, their IVs may not be aligned properly or their natures may be backwards or something.

Come to think of it, I just realized ... you may not be able to give me Shadow Ball after all. The Battle Frontier is all Move Tutor-based. They don't sell TMs for BP. They tutor you for BP. At least, I think that's right. Maybe only the grumpy old men do that and the lady at the booth actually sells you TMs. I dunno. I've yet to buy a TM at the Battle Frontier! lol

Well, I certainly wouldn't want you giving me your one and only Shadow Ball, if that turns out to be the case. Otherwise, look and see if I have any trades you are interested in. If not, then no hard feelings: you gotta look out for yourself first and foremost, so you tell me, "Sorry, never mind ^^;" and that's that.
Old 06-22-2010, 02:14 PM   #39
Jerichi
プラスチック♡ラブ

>They don't sell TMs for BP.

Yes they do. Go ask the ladies in the middle. There's 3 of them. One of them sells scratchcards, one sells Power items (and misc. stuff) and one other sells TMs.

私のことを消して本気で愛さないで 恋なんてただのゲーム 楽しめばそれでいい
閉ざした心を飾る 派手なドレスも靴も 孤独の友達

asbwffb

[jerichi]
Jerichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 02:17 PM   #40
Talon87
時の彼方へ

I just said, maybe that one does. Thanks for the confirmation, but ...
Old 06-25-2010, 04:16 PM   #41
Emp
Volcano Badge

I'll trade a Shadow Ball TM for a Passho Berry if you have one
Emp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 04:42 PM   #42
Talon87
時の彼方へ

I believe we settled this matter already in the chat, but yeah: elemental berries are like water in HGSS. Don't let anyone cheat you out of good trade items in exchange for these. Posting this so that others see it as well.
Old 06-27-2010, 02:52 PM   #43
Emp
Volcano Badge

You don't have to bother about copping me out. Collectively between HG, Diamond, Platinum and my GBA games I have access to every item. The only problem being I have no easy way of transferring said items from one cartridge to another.

I'm set for berries, but I need a TM Earthquake and/or Grass Knot. If that's too rare for you to trade for Shadow Ball, would you be willing to be my go-between as I trade the TM from my Platinum to my Diamond? I'll give you a Shadow Ball TM for your troubles, considering I have a lot of BP. I'm also willing to offer anything else I can get with BP.

Last edited by Emp; 06-27-2010 at 06:15 PM.
Emp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 03:19 PM   #44
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

Finally found something I need.

It's most likely too rare for you to consider trading... but do you have a TM Rock Slide you could spare?
Quote:
Old 07-10-2010, 10:52 AM   #45
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Sorry for not responding to these replies of yours sooner, guys! I read them back when you posted them but put off replying and then forgot all about it. My fault.

First of all, I no longer needed a Shadow Ball TM at the time of your postings. (Notice the last time the main post was edited -- June 25 -- and the time of your postings -- June 27. Notice also the lack of Shadow Ball on the list.) Thanks, though, but I had already gotten it courtesy of Morgoth and SteelBeak going on Battle Tower adventures with me.

Second of all, I don't trade nor even use for myself One-Of TMs. I'm a hoarder like that. I have every One-Of TM I ever managed to get in Ruby, Emerald, and Colosseum on my Pearl pak. Combined with the TMs gotten in-game in Pearl and HeartGold, that's as many as five copies of some of the One-Of TMs. I'm just holding onto them, like someone who collects stamps or such. It would probably take an incredibly lucrative trade for me to consider parting with one of them, and paradoxically the more lucrative the trade-offer would be then the more likely I would be to disbelieve it. ^^;

Third, as far as Repeat TMs go ...
- Earthquake: I don't yet have a surplus of these. I used the few I did have on my own team members. The only Earthquakes I have left are my One-Ofs from the in-game adventuring, and I'm disinclined to want to trade these on the mere supposition that "some day," some nebulous day in a future that may never be, I will acquire more of these through my Pick Up squad. That stated, I do have a Level 91 Linoone on Pearl. So it is possible for me to Pick Up one of these. If I do get one, I'll let you know, and we'll consider a fair trade.

- Grass Knot: same as before, only this time apply it to my Level 51 Linoone on HeartGold (who I am raising to the 70's precisely for Grass Knot Pick Up purposes). As of now, I have no surplus of these. Sorry.

- Rock Slide: see earlier explanation about not being eager to trade away One-Ofs. Sorry.
Old 01-07-2014, 11:51 PM   #46
Talon87
時の彼方へ

SEE OP POST FOR LATEST UPDATE

Wow, so ... this thread hadn't been updated since 2010. While I was sad to have to edit out the old OP post's guts , the post was grossly behind the times: while the Summer of 2010 was only three and a half years ago, generation-wise it was the tail end of Gen 4. We hadn't even gotten to Gen 5 yet when I last edited the post, much less Gen 6. For records' sake, I'll reproduce the old OP post's contents in the spoiler box below:

Spoiler: show
Now that I have Pokésav, this post can be greatly abbreviated. All requests are for legitimate, non-hacked, non-Saved, non-Sharked creatures or items. As stated, I have Pokésav and could hack them into existence myself if that was all I cared about.

OFFERS
Anything you want (via Pokésav), I can provide you with.

Anything you want legit, that's what the rest of this list is for ...

-Creatures-
x01 Pikachu that knows Fly (Pokéwalker; Lvl.15, Brave; not sure on stats)
x01 Bronzor w/ Trick Room (Pokéwalker; Heat Proof; forget stats and nature)
x01 Bronzor w/ Trick Room (Pokéwalker; Levitate; Timid; dunno stats)
x01 Jolly Ditto (no clue about stats, the point is he's Jolly, you'd be using him for casual-level personality breeding)

-Evolution Items-
x03 Dragon Scale (stripped 'em off three Pokéwalker Horseas)

-Battle Items-
x01 Focus Sash (extra, got it from Champion Road on the Pokéwalker)
x02 Choice Scarf (extras, got them from Champion Road on the Pokéwalker)

WANTS
-Creatures-
x01 Onix / Steelix with good IVs, Rock Head ability, Sassy personality, no EVs, preferably male
x01 Yanma with good IVs, Speed Boost ability, Modest or Timid personality, no EVs
x01 Modest Ditto, -OR- somebody to help me trade my Modest Ditto over from Pearl to Heart Gold

-TMs-
x01 TM92 - Trick Room

Move Tutor Stuff
x01 Superpower - 16BP

Not even sure I would be willing or able to offer half of those things. Yeah, it's best to just update the first post to reflect my current offerings and desires with Pokémon Y. And so, given that ... we have the newest update.

Berries: I have over 50 copies of the EV-reducing berries, over 100 copies of most other berries I possess, over 150 Leppa Berries, and over 200 Oran Berries. I can easily spare you a berry, provided I have it in the first place. That stated, I've been having fun discovering the berries in the land sans spoilers, and so that means that I don't yet have everything. (For example, no Pomegs or Grepas. Sorry. )

Pokémon on offer: I have a limited supply of the five 31 IV Raltses right now and I have to confess that I'm sick and tired of breeding Raltses at this point; and so once the supply runs out, that will probably be it for some time. I'll make exceptions for huge wants of my own, but aside from that, probably not likely.

Four 31 IV Raltses, on the other hand, are a different story. Easy to reproduce if I ever run out, and with a current supply of ~30 to 40 of all different kinds of combinations of natures and abilities, if you want a four 31 IV Ralts I can easily spot you one. Would still probably prefer a four IV Pokémon in return but considering I'm practically setting them on fire right now by trading them on the GTS, I think we can work something out.

What I really want to work on next is Meowstic (specifically female) and Jynx. Following those two, who knows, but things I'm looking at include:
  • Togekiss 2.0 (I raised one in HeartGold)
  • Starmie 3.0 (I raised one in Ruby and another in Emerald)
  • Milotic 2.0 (I raised one in Ruby)
  • Cinccino 2.0 (I raised one in White 2)
  • Gengar 2.0 (I just raised one in Y, but given that Gardevoir and Gengar are in the same egg group, it'd be very easy to make a 31/**/31/31/31/31 Gengar)
  • Staraptor 2.0 (I raised one in Pearl)
  • Mamoswine 2.0 (I raised one in HeartGold) <-- problem is, no access to Superpower afaik in Gen 6 :\
  • Galvantula
  • Lilligant
  • Whimsicott
  • Jumpluff
And the list goes on and on. Suffice to say, I'm being tugged in a lot of different directions so there's no telling who or what I'll breed next. But if any of the above look interesting to you, then be sure to keep a lookout for my latest offerings.

Pokémon I want: For the most part, the things you find in the list fall under one of two categories. Either:
  1. they're in my Friend Safari (i.e. the Friend Safari I give out to others, not the ones I myself can access)
  2. they're not
Of the ones that aren't, most of them are Pokémon that I was planning to get going once Pokémon Bank came out. But since there's no sign of it coming any time soon, I figure I may as well be a bit pro-active about my wants and let people know that, yes, I lack access to a Friend Safari with these Pokémon and thus lack access to some of these creatures. (Notably Togepi.)

I should disclaim that I don't tend to like raising other people's Pokémon as my own [/lol antithetical to everything Game Freak's ever wanted us to be], so if you trade me a Pokémon then I am 99.9% guaranteed to use it as as a parent to the Pokémon I actually plan to raise. That means that certain endeavors (like granting me my request for the five-31 Timid Staryu) are only to be undertaken by the most diehard of altruists. Because believe me: I can imagine what it'd be like to get a five-31 IV Timid Staryu for somebody only for him to tell you that he's having trouble breeding it with a two-31 IV Ditto to get back a baby with the same stats as Papa Staryu. But that's my plan, so don't say I didn't warn you. Less masochistic would be to grant me almost any of my other requests.
Old 01-08-2014, 01:49 PM   #47
Schala
Savior of Pokemon-kind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon87 View Post
[*]Adamant, Jolly, Modest, or Timid female Charmeleon with Solar Power and at least two 31 IVs, none of which should be the attacking stat which conflicts with the nature (request for one of my own Friend Safari Pokémon)
I've got a Modest female Solar Power Charmander with 31 in HP, Sp.Def, and Speed. Not the best, but my 4IV ones are male.

I just got a nice breeding pair of Feebas, so I can probably get you that one pretty quickly. The Pansear I could also do quickly; I know I have at least two Safari with it.

I have very few Togepi left, and no Modest (let alone Modest females), but I might be able to breed you one (given how rarely females hatched when I bred them earlier though, it will probably take awhile).
Schala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 02:00 PM   #48
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schala View Post
I've got a Modest female Solar Power Charmander with 31 in HP, Sp.Def, and Speed. Not the best, but my 4IV ones are male.
I would prefer the female anyway. Hidden Ability remains more easily breedable. Comes with the right nature already.
Quote:
I have very few Togepi left, and no Modest (let alone Modest females), but I might be able to breed you one (given how rarely females hatched when I bred them earlier though, it will probably take awhile).
I got a 4 IV male from the GTS earlier today. I also got a 1 IV female with a Sassy nature (boo) but Nasty Plot as an Egg Move (iiiiiiiiiiiinteresting :o). While I've never run Nasty Plot Togekiss and don't exactly think I'd start, it would be nice to keep the move in the family somehow. So we'll see. Anyway, consider Togepi a lesser priority for the time being given those GTS trades. At this point, if I were to trade for Togepi, it'd probably have to be for a 3+ IVer with the desired nature (Modest) and gender (female) and nothing less.
Quote:
I just got a nice breeding pair of Feebas, so I can probably get you that one pretty quickly. The Pansear I could also do quickly; I know I have at least two Safari with it.
Feebas has been much more difficult to get. No one on the GTS is offering a fair trade for even an ordinary Feebas, let alone a confirmed 2, 3, 4, 5 IV one. I think when I reduced my options for Feebas to "only Pokémon I own," it reduced the listings down to just three trainers -- all of whom were idiot greedy children who were asking for Yveltal. (Because yes: an Yveltal is totally worth giving up for a breedable Feebas. ) Pansear I haven't bothered because it's something I really only want for ownership purposes. It feels wrong not owning copies of the Pokémon in my own Friend Safari, so.

Anyway, since I wrote this last night, I ...
  • got a couple more Timid 31/**/31/31/31/31 Raltses
  • accomplished my own mission (female Timid 31/**/31/31/31/31 @ Trace)
  • realized I should totally breed a 5 IV Chandelure while I'm still here
and so that's what I'm doing right now. I have a 5 IV Timid male Ralts with a 4 IV female Litwick, and the goal is to get some 5 IV Litwicks. Obviously Modest is a popular choice with the line, but when I ran Chandelure, I ran the Choice Scarf set, so I'm going for Timid since I feel she needs the speed more. So that's that situation. I bring it up in case you'd rather have a 4 IV Litwick or a 5 IV spare Litwick (assuming there are any) rather than a 5 IV Ralts or some other Pokémon.

Also, getting a Hydration Smoochum / Dry Skin Jynx off of the GTS is seeming increasingly unlikely. So if anyone has one of those with two non-Atk 31 IVs, that would be great.
Old 01-08-2014, 02:16 PM   #49
Schala
Savior of Pokemon-kind

True. I figured I'd mention the males regardless.

I think the best male Togepi I have is either Timid or Calm anyway, not the Modest you're looking for.

Feebas is only available through Bank, which means, like every other Bank only Pokemon, it's rare as hell. A majority of them are going for Legendary Pokemon, Shiny Pokemon, or other Bank exclusives only right now, so unless you catch the rare sane trade before it gets snatched up, or get lucky on WT, it's practically impossible to get one without shelling out an arm and a leg. It wouldn't have been a huge problem, but with Bank delayed indefinitely outside of Japan, and even unavailable for new downloads in Japan, the situation has gotten out of control.
Schala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 02:25 PM   #50
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
Feebas is only available through Bank, which means, like every other Bank only Pokemon, it's rare as hell. A majority of them are going for Legendary Pokemon, Shiny Pokemon, or other Bank exclusives only right now, so unless you catch the rare sane trade before it gets snatched up, or get lucky on WT, it's practically impossible to get one without shelling out an arm and a leg. It wouldn't have been a huge problem, but with Bank delayed indefinitely outside of Japan, and even unavailable for new downloads in Japan, the situation has gotten out of control.
In my experience, you have much better odds of getting the rare stuff you want when you upload something rare yourself and make it a request stipulation than you do trying to shop around for that rare entity. For example ...
  • I got the Togepis by uploading 4 IV Raltses and requesting Togepis. (Got the male when I had to type the name in and thus couldn't specify gender. Got the female when I could specify gender.)
  • I got a female Modest Espurr with four 31s (none Atk) by uploading a 4 IV Ralts. I'd be over the moon except it came in a Luxury Ball, so ... *really insists on plain ol' PokéBalls for most Pokémon and too strongly associates the Luxury Ball with that fat fugly rich bitch from Go West, Young Meowth!* Thinking I may breed the ball away by producing a 4 IV baby male in a regular PokéBall and then using him to produce a 4 IV baby female in a regular PokéBall.
  • I got a Smoochum earlier today by uploading a 4 IV Ralts. (Sadly it has nothing going for it. Meh. )
  • I've gotten four or so Eevee by uploading 4 IV Raltses. (None have had a Hidden Ability. ^^; *sigh*)
Stuff like that. When you're the one setting the prices, the deals you seek tend to come pretty quickly. But when you're not the one setting the prices, and when instead you're trying to play the part of the shopper, I think it becomes much more difficult to find good deals since the shit-awful deals remain behind, crowding out the good offers, while the few good deals are instantly scooped up by ravenous fellow fans.

tl;dr I don't think I'll have too hard a time getting a female Feebas. All I have to do is upload a 4 IV or a 5 IV Pokémon, stipulate that I'll only trade for a female Feebas, and then wait ten minutes. Getting a female Feebas that comes pre-packaged with 2+ 31 IVs might be hard, but simply getting the female shouldn't be.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON > Trading