UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out > Hall of Records

Closed Thread

Old 05-29-2017, 12:06 AM   #26
PikaGod
Marsh Badge

Quote:
Red Beach: A beach encompassing a massive inlet to the island, most tourists spend their time in the gentle tides and bright sun here. Any wild Pokemon are often nervous of the recent influx of people, and tend to stick to the deepest part of the waters or have fled to the outskirts of the beach. Minnao protesters can sometimes be found here protecting natural Pokemon habitats. Please respond in indianred. This area is intended for Quick or Normal adventures.
Melody let out a very long and very loud sigh, pulling her hair back into a rough ponytail. She cracked her neck and readjusted her sunglasses. She had just come off a very stressful rehearsal, the choreographer had been a complete dick to her the whole damn session. She didn’t care if he thought that she was missing a cue or two, she had been a touch more concerned with making sure that she sounded like she could actually sing while dancing faster than a someone coked up on X Speed. Nevertheless, the session had ended with a lot of yelling, and now Melody was carrying all that tension on her neck.

And she knew one of the best ways to deal with tension like that was to go to the beach. The sun, the sand, the waves, the hot dudes in very little clothing. Really it was one of the best ways that she could think to help relax and unwind. And that’s how she found herself at the Red Beach in the Minnao Isles. Melody hadn’t been there before but had been given some nice recommendations that she should give it a go. Dressed in a flattering bikini, a pale rainbow sarong tied around her waist, Melody was ready to test out the waters… both figuratively and literally.

Two small pokemon bumped into her legs, reminding Melody of the other reason she had decided to come to the beach. She had been really busy as of late, and was feeling rather guilty that she hadn’t spent enough time with Rompette and Speaker, the Bounsweet and Whismur relatively new additions to her team, and she felt that the beach was a good way to bond.

“Hey guys,” she said, squatting down. “You ready to have some fun?”

Both of the pokemon let out cries of agreement, naturally Speaker’s was a touch louder, and Melody smiled. This was gonna be fun, she just had that feeling in her bones.
Old 05-29-2017, 07:42 PM   #27
Sandaa
Volcano Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyoyo3131 View Post
Sandaa: As soon as you give the OK, the kids immediately rush Aero. The boy in yellow takes a seat in front of Aero's head and starts petting his head and mumbling to himself. You try to listen in, but he's talking so softly that all you can catch is "Good Mantine. You swim so good..." The group's Marill seems to be particularly attached to this boy. They sit down next to the boy as well, pushing and nuzzling into his side. You can tell they're obviously trying to get his attention, but the boy seems almost entranced by Aero's rough skin. The girl in pink wades into the water a bit and stands behind Aero, trying to get onto his back. Aero looks uncomfortable, to say the least. You can hear the girl quietly make noise too, making vroom noises. Her hand motions as she stands in the water, her stomach on the back half of Aero, show her piloting Aero across the sea like a car. The thought occurs to you - Aero definitely deserves something for putting up with this mess.

But, the girl in yellow seems much more relaxed. She takes a seat much like her match, sitting next to Aero's wing. She listens intently to you. Her friends have not been doing the same, clearly too distracted with your Mantine. As you talk and gesture to Aero's back, she rubs it gently. It's obvious to you she's trying as hard as she can not to hurt him, and as she touches his back, she flinches a little bit. When you mention sharks, she turns to you and her eyes light up. "Sharks? Like Sharpedo?" She says, mouth wide with excitement. "My dad has one of those! He used to be a trainer, and he's really good! He doesn't let me pet the Sharpedo, though." The girl looks at the ground with her last sentence.

The girl in pink pushes off of Aero with a bit too much force. You hear the Mantine beneath her grunt a little bit. "Yeah! Uncle Bill is so strong! He always beats my dad whenever they battle." She spits out, running over to her cousin, who immediately asks: "Do you think you could beat my dad? He's a really, super good battler. He hasn't battled much in a while, but he's got like, 6 badges from the Hoenn league!" With the gauntlet thrown down by these kids on behalf of their family, what will you do?
The boy and the girl in pink didn’t seem too interested in Gary’s lecture, opting to roughhouse with Aero a bit while the Marill looked on in jealousy. Gary sheepishly bit his lip and looked at his Mantine with an apologetic expression, making a mental note to make it up to the manta ray later. Meanwhile, he did have an audience of one at least. The girl in yellow patiently listened to his Mantine trivia while she pet Aero much more gently than the other two.

When Gary mentioned that Aero was a member of the sharks and rays family, the children turned the conversation to their uncle, who was a tough trainer long ago with his Sharpedo. The girl in yellow seemed disappointed that her father had never let her pet the shark. “I’m sure your father has a good reason,” Gary answered, “But Sharpedo have been known to be tough Pokemon to handle. I’m sure he just doesn’t want you to get hurt. Unlike Sharpedos, Aero here isn’t a meat eater. He feeds on plankton and doesn’t need sharp teeth to bite his food.”

The girl in pink then began to list off her uncle’s achievements as a trainer, asking Gary if he thinks he would win in a battle. “Wow, that’s really impressive!” Gary answered, not wanting to upset the children, “I don’t know if I could win then; your uncle sounds really tough.” While Aero was still pretty young and inexperienced in combat, Gary was pretty confident in a lot of his other Pokemon’s abilities. However, he wasn’t crazy about getting roped into a kids’ challenge. He was more interested in learning about the species of marine life that inhabit the islands, and maybe finding out more from the locals would be a good step in that direction. “What does your uncle do for a living? Is he a fisherman?”

~Fizzle Bubble~
FO:
NFC:
Old 05-30-2017, 02:48 PM   #28
AshsBabyLapras
reason for my life

Espeon

Quote:
ABL: Holai nods to Dreamer next to you. "Pleasure to meet the both of you. No need to bow. I am no greater." He says, and bows back to you. "Truthfully, I'd prefer a guest. Anyone who chooses to be here with Manaphy, an outsider no less, might be interested in what my guest has to say. And I'm sure they won't mind. No worry, I assure you." He looks back out at the village. He rolls his shoulders back and adjusts his posture a bit, stretching out before returning to his slight hunch. He glances at the shrine once more and smiles. "Well, come along if you'd like." He starts back down the stairs, and after a step or two in, he turns back to you.

"By the way, what was in that package of yours?" Holai says, and nods to the shrine. You look back to where he gestured. Where you had left your leaf wrapped gift, there is nothing there but the stone pedestal.

The trip down the stairs feels twice as slow as Holai's ascent. You briefly consider passing him, but erring on the side of respect leads you to take your time. You glance at the stairs beneath you and the waters to either side. Dreamer does the same, though a bit more impatiently, rubbing into your legs. She notices a pebble on the step below her and nudges it into the stream to the side. You see a smile on Holai's face.

He leads you into his simple home. There is not much inside. He owns a bed to the corner in the back right, a counter including a few cabinets and a stone basin with a grate on top on the left wall, and a table with two chairs. All but the basin is made of wood, clearly re-purposed from other projects. He gestures for you to take a seat and you do. Dreamer follows beside you. Holai goes to the basin and lights a match from a drawer, setting some sort of wood in the basin ablaze. He pulls out a kettle, draws some water from what seems to be a trapdoor leading to a stream below, and sets it to boil. As he does this, he talks across the room to you. "I'd like to thank you for being so respectful to the Altar. Not all outsiders are, and since they've begun to visit Cordina's Peak, I've spent a bit more time on cleaning and repairs." He leaves the kettle on the grate, the flames licking at the dull metal, and Holai takes a seat at the table with you. "If you don't mind answering, why have you come to the Altar?" He speaks even softer and gentler than before. You weren't quite sure that was possible. His eyes are small and black from where you sit, but full of emotion. "Manaphy's heart is open to all, and if you are struggling with connecting with another person or Pokemon, he is certainly the one to talk to." Holai folds his hands under his chin. "But it's just so very rare to see someone care about our culture or patron." There is a sadness to his voice. There is no threat to his words, but he seems so confused. With the question posed to you, what do you do?
ABL glances back at the Altar, only to see that her offering has disappeared into thin air. Just like that? Could the local legends be true? Of course, she'd come here in hopes of exactly that, but this still comes as a shock to her. The young woman hopes her surprise isn't too evident on her face as she replies "Oh, it was nothing great, just a small gift of fruits and flowers. I hope that was enough..."

Though ABL isn't always the most eager to meet new people, this older gentleman exudes such genuine warmth and compassion that she feels drawn to him. As the small group makes their way down from the Altar, she quickly notices that it wasn't just the atmosphere of the sacred place that was so comforting. Indeed, the priest himself has an aura of tranquility around him. Dreamer's empathy must be responding to his gentle nature as well, because there are no signs of her bouts of disobedience. ABL reaches down, giving her an affectionate rub behind the ears for her good behaviour.

Although Holai's dwelling is rather spartan, it's charming in its simplicity and ABL is grateful for his hospitality. She absent-mindedly strokes her Espeon's fur as she listens to what the priest has to say. The trainer's heart sinks in her chest at the thought that foreigners could set foot here and disrespect the Minnao people's beliefs and culture. Who could be so heartless? "I'm sorry that anyone would act so shamefully," she says, Holai's sadness reflected in her own eyes. "And I'm also sorry to say that I've sought Manaphy's help for largely selfish reasons. I spoke to him to request protection of my loved ones. Of course, I'm new to this place, and my knowledge of Minnao culture is superficial at best, but I think your customs are beautiful and worth preserving. If there's anything I can do for the Altar, or Manaphy's faithful, I would dearly love to repay your kindness somehow."

すれ違うだけの距離が歯痒い 手を伸ばせば届きそうなのに
意味があるのなら教えて欲しい 締め付ける胸の痛みの
「イツダッテ ウソミタイ アイシタテ ノ ユメミライ」

f i z z y b u b b l e s | w i l d f u t u r e

Quote:
morningstar - Today at 12:46 PM
her whole being is Arashi

Old 05-30-2017, 10:19 PM   #29
Meetan
Soul Badge

Quote:

Red Beach: A beach encompassing a massive inlet to the island, most tourists spend their time in the gentle tides and bright sun here. Any wild Pokemon are often nervous of the recent influx of people, and tend to stick to the deepest part of the waters or have fled to the outskirts of the beach. Minnao protesters can sometimes be found here protecting natural Pokemon habitats. Please respond in indianred. This area is intended for Quick or Normal adventures.
"The beach! Yes, hell yeah, the beach~~!"

A sweet but posh voice rang out over the sand, a short and pale figure dashing towards the water with a fluorescent Lotad in tow. It stood out against others of its kind and most local wildlife with its strong pink pigmentation, which complimented its trainer well. The blonde had her hair pulled up into a messy topknot, her womanly body adorned in a pink bikini patterned with various candies of differing hues, a set of designer shades set upon her nose.

The little creature toddled up as fast as he could, meeting Alice Hope at the sunbed she had claimed, laying out a towel by the parasol. Another pink Pokemon joined them then: an Abra content to snooze in their designated space and keep its senses somewhat fixed on the tote Alice had set down containing her medication, other Pokemon and the like.

"Okay my little dude, it's play time!" Alice declared, sweeping the vibrant Lotad up in small, delicate hands to press a kiss upon his head. He excitedly called out his name, and after thanking Axel and giving him a peck, too, the young woman rushed down to splash into the water, letting Lorin back onto his feet to enjoy the water. It wasn't his natural river stuff, but it still felt great for him. This was going to be a fun holiday, and if they made a friend here like Minnao people often advertised, that could only be a bonus.

((Member post.))

Last edited by Meetan; 06-01-2017 at 07:47 PM.
Old 05-31-2017, 04:56 PM   #30
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

Send a message via Skype™ to Ironthunder
Quote:
Ironthunder: Your first priority upon reaching the lake has been establishing a little picnic for your team. Your Pokemon gather around for food, and you have a quick snack as you prep drawing materials and all. A little time passes, and you've been drawing for most of it, keeping an eye out for your Pokemon. You have a decent piece in your sketchbook. There's a pencil sketch of the scenery around you, plus a few doodles of the flowers Kait, was looking at before on another page. The main attraction before you gives plenty of inspiration. A small bit of grassland makes up the foreground as the earth sinks into the water, which is large and expansive, covering at least a square mile or two. Caeda was completely right in believing there had to be some sort of prey out there. To your right, you can see two mountains stretching into the sky. The land slowly slopes down from their left across and behind the lake, miles away from where you sit. It's a beautiful place to be.

As you've been drawing, your Pokemon have been generally peaceful. Your Skarmory has been by your side for the most part, watching the waters for signs of motion to snatch her own food. Hope has hovered near by as well. But Kait, your curious Petilil, has wandered towards the water's edge once again. Before you can warn her to come back, you hear the sound of rushing water. The surface of the water is suddenly disturbed. Your Petilil quickly moves backwards, spinning about as she tries to shake off something. She shakes vigorously and looks towards you. She's soaking wet! With something certainly afoot with Orta Lake, what do you do?
Liawe was roused from her sketching by a splashing. Quickly standing up, fearing that Kaitlyn had fallen into the lake, she dashed over to see a soggy, dishevelled and generally rather displeased Petilil glaring suspiciously at the lake. "Gods, what happened here?" she exclaimed, rushing over and grabbing the diminutive Grass type. "Did you fall in or something?" Her question was met with a vigorous head-shaking from the Grass type, who gestured angrily at the lake. Liawe's eyes widened. "Did something attack you then?" she asked, as she got the response she feared: A violent nod from her cute acquaintance.

This statement roused the rest her Pokemon, the mere thought of something daring to attack their dear friend and pint-sized companion causing Caeda to flare out her wings with an almighty screech, before taking off and attempting to spot whatever it was that attacked her, readying to attack at even a moment's notice. Caeda took care of her own, and now Kaitlyn was one of her own. Hope reacted slightly differently, the spoopy spectre moving over towards the water and dislodging a pebble into it, attempting to see what reaction that elicited from the hostile, yet tranquil waters. She was a more gentle soul, but couldn't merely stand by while her new, equally adorable friend was assailed by an unknown force. That was her job, not whatever the hell this was'. Kaitlyn meanwhile jumped down from Liawe's arms, shaking herself dry as she prepared to face her unseen nemesis. Oh they would pay for what they did to her. They would pay dearly indeed...
Old 05-31-2017, 07:09 PM   #31
Connor
Flashbacker

MedMana: See previous post.

Jerichi: Josiah chuckles as you query about Helen being able to accompany, the monk waving a hand through the air as if to dismiss the question as silly.

"Of course, of course. We're a modern institution, we have no real qualms about specific Pokemon. Though I doubt that was your worry, rest assured she will be welcomed happily."

With that cleared up, Josiah indicates for you to follow, the monk keeping his pace slow and methodical in order to accommodate both Helen's dawdling speed and your own lack of shoes. The monk manages to take this to an even further level of courtesy, taking great care to nudge any loose pebbles out of the way of your path in order to avoid your feet getting hurt. Finally, you see the temple at the top of a rather small hill, Josiah stopping for a moment to look upon the elegant yet simplistic building, the understated architecture managing to perfectly convey the simple but admirable way of life of those tied to it. The worn marble steps leading to the entrance way of the stone building were dyed a pale blue colour somehow, their sparkling beauty reflecting the hue of the waters surrounding the Isles, much like the shade of the robes Josiah was wearing. Finally, you enter the main foyer to the temple, a large flame burning in a hearth at the center of the room. Josiah gestures for you to wait.

"You may have a look around our main hall here if you wish. I'll leave to fetch you some adequate footwear in the meanwhile."

With that, Josiah vanished into a nearby corridor, his footsteps quickly fading into the distance. As you stood, now alone apart from Helen, the sheer enormity of the room strikes you. The outside view of the temple was deceptive - the place was certainly colossal, much larger than your eye had first assumed. Before you can manage to do any proper exploration of the main hall though, someone comes barreling into you from behind. As you stagger to keep your footing, a frantic looking man spies your Pokemon, instantly bursting into a frenzied plea.

"You ... you have to help. You're a trainer, right? One of the priests ... he's trapped!"

TheKnightsFury: "Well laddie, a little bit of fear does you good. A little bit of fear keeps you from overstepping your boundaries too readily. Stops you getting too close to the flame."

The somber warning hangs in the air between you for a moment before you inquire as to how the pair of you would be getting out onto the water for the fishing lesson. Jackson pauses for a moment, before grinning wide.

"I do have a boat, but that won't be how we're traveling today. No, lad, we'll be traveling in natural style."

Reaching for a Poke Ball on his belt, the fisherman throws the orb into the air, the seams splitting to accommodate a familiar rush of crimson energy. As it strikes the water, the energy becomes to form into a rather distinctive figure - long neck, horned head, and a nobbled shell. A Lapras splashed into the waters of the lake, Jormungand taking quick evasive action to avoid the resulting waves. The specimen before them seemed larger than most Lapras, certainly large enough to accommodate both men out onto the waters. Jackson clearly had this intent, the large man performing a perfect mount, an impressive feat for a man of his age and stature. He indicates for you to clamber aboard before slapping the neck of Lapras gently.

"Come on then Orion. Take us out into the center of the lake and we'll see what we can do today."

As Orion began to move through the waters, Jormungand hanging alongside, Jackson turns to you.

"So laddie, any specific areas you want to train for Jormungand here? I have a few possibilities in mind, but I'd like to hear your own thoughts."

Naruxami: Standing on the edge of Cordina Ocean, the scenic sands stretch out on either side of you, a bulwark against the lapping intensity of the sea. While the waters seemed calm, they could always shift on a dime, morphing from an alluring beauty into a dangerous fiend ready to swallow anyone and anything in its path, Luckily, such morbid thoughts are soon chased from your mind as a cheery, flighty voice carries to you on the slight wind that was gusting across the sands. Turning towards the source of the voice, you see a young woman approaching - she couldn't be much older than yourself, an air of youthful exuberance hanging in the air around her as she strolled towards you. Her tanned skin identified her as someone who frequented the area, a pair of black sunglasses hanging from her neck and a bright pink cap on her head, blonde hair pulled into a ponytail which fitted through the opening at the back of her cap. Her clothing was simple and yet somehow awkwardly quirky, an open Hawaiian print shirt clashing drastically with her pale green denim shorts. As the girl waves at you, your eyes are drawn to a rather pretty bracelet hanging around her wrist, a bright crimson Corphish charm held in place by a thin silver strap.

"You're new around here, right? Couldn't help but notice the fishing rod that your adorable Eevee here is holding. I was just about to head out onto the waters myself. Name is Clarice, by the way. I'm a diver, but I've dabbled with fishing here and there. I can show you the ropes if you like?"

After speaking, she abruptly burns bright crimson, clearly embarrassed at something. Shaking her hands through the air, she dismisses her previous comments.

"Only if you want to, of course. Sorry. I have a habit of just assuming things and running my mouth off at complete strangers. End up talking too much, quizzing them too much. My boss always gives me an earful about i- ... I'm doing it again, aren't I?"

Brave Saix: The man looks at you with a puzzled stare for a moment, his eyes struggling to focus on you, distracted by something hovering overhead. As you turn your own head upwards to see what was drawing his attention, you see a group of Wingull playing with one another, darting through the skies with complete abandon, clearly not caring too much about the large metal platform which had invaded their homes. Before you can remark, the strange man who had hired you breaks out in a wide grin.

"Great to see that some of the wild Pokemon can still go about their normal life despite our infringement. The name is Matthew, by the way. Don't think I mentioned that on my request. Bit of a mistake. And, sadly, no Chinchou on this shirt. Disappointment, I know."

Matthew outstretched a hand intending for you to shake, before eagerly beginning to explain what his main area of interest was in the Minnao Isles. Turns out that the local religion was particularly ancient and had pervaded the island for generations. This meant that there could well be very important archaeological finds relating to the ways in which the religion was practiced in forgotten eras, before religious texts of the Isles documented ceremonies and such. Matthew's eyes sparkled with a distinct vigor when he began talking about his research, in an almost endearing manner. Finally though, you find yourself standing before a rather large group of Drifblim. Each of them were attached to a swinging basket, a gruff man standing to one side. The man eyes you up as you approach, nodding his head in your direction.

"This the trainer then, Matt?"

Matthew looks towards the man with a slight frown on his face, before nodding.

"Yes. Don't use that kind of tone though, Jonas. I'm sure they'll be very helpful. Anyway, if you have any business to attend to before departure, I recommend you do it now. Otherwise we'll be heading straight for the Peak."

PikaGod: Leaving the bothersome rehearsal behind, you step out onto the sands of the Red Beach. Tourists were set up for the day here and there, watching over children and Pokemon alike with cautious eyes but enjoying soaking in the sun all the same. Some trainers were swimming amid the waves with their own Pokemon - some drifting casually, others racing one another in an attempt to better their times. It was quite a sight to behold, this marriage of Pokemon and trainers happily going about their business, and you find yourself sucked into the atmosphere a little as you begin to walk with your Pokemon. This leaves your awareness of your surroundings a little lacking, and without warning you find yourself falling to the sands. As you look up to discover who had just bowled you over, you find yourself staring into the green eyes of a young man. His expression was troubled, clearly irritated by the collision, but he is happy to help you back to your feet all the same.

"Sorry about that. My fault entirely. Anyway ..."

Without so much as another word, the man walks away, clearly looking for something. His own concentration was lacking - other tourists had to sidestep the man here and there to avoid being bowled over in a manner similar to yourself. The man, in fairness, likely could have knocked over anyone on the beach. He was tall - very tall - and well built, having an athlete's body. His skin was tanned brown, indicating that he could well be a local, and his hair was a dark shade of brown. He was wearing a pair of green swimming trunks, and despite his sure manner which pervaded his stride, it was clear that he was somewhat troubled.

Meetan: As you splashed in the waters with Lorin, the little Lotad allowing himself to float on the tops of the waves while kicking with his stubby legs, you find yourself enjoying the simple pleasure of bonding with your Pokemon. The day was a good one, the skies were clear, and while the area was rife with tourists, the large nature of the beach meant nothing felt too cramped, everyone was distributed well. Other trainers frolicked with their Pokemon in the waters, and while you play with Lorin, one of them begins to approach you. A young girl, maybe a little younger than yourself, wearing a bright green bikini and brunette hair tied up in a ponytail gives you a cheeky smile and a small wave, a Poliwhirl swimming alongside her. She seemed friendly and quite bubbly, having the kind of energetic air about her that you would associate with a young child. Her eyes were her most striking feature though - a deep shade of brown, there was a natural inquisitiveness and curiosity hiding deep in there. As she finally comes within earshot, she calls out to you.

"Hey there! Couldn't help but notice how cute you and your Lotad looked. The little fella has quite a strange colour, doesn't he? Only makes him look all the more adorable."

She grins as her Poliwhirl shoots her a sideways glance, the Water type clearly feeling somewhat left out.

"Not as quite as Mario here, though. Anyway - I was considering doing a little exploration in the rockier areas of the coast. Most tourists don't go there, but I have a pretty good handle on them. I was shown the ropes by a native a few months back. Wanna tag along? More the merrier!"
Old 05-31-2017, 07:22 PM   #32
Lil'twick
Insanity

Send a message via Skype™ to Lil'twick
Quote:
Cordina Ocean: Most of the salt water surrounding the Minnao Isles is affectionately referred to as the Cordina Ocean by locals for the same famous priestess as Cordina’s Peak, and named so for it’s exotic name by settlers. Anyone with adequate skill on navigating the waters often makes money taking trainers out on the deep waters for simple fishing. Rare and interesting Pokemon are known to be drawn to the Isles, and this may be the best way to find migrating Pokemon from distant lands. Please respond in lightpink. This area is intended for Quick adventures.
He forgot he got seasick easily. A fishing trip out on the ocean seemed wonderful at the time, but now all that he could feel was regret and his lunch trying to escape his stomach. The ginger-dyed teen clutched the rails of the fishing ship hard, trying to not throw up overboard. Austin stared at the waves, and it seemed to help him out a bit. Behind him he could hear the snoring of his Spheal. He would've been surprised if it wasn't for the fact that the Spheal must've been use to the waters of the arctics. Wisp sat next to Yuke, the Litwick obviously not that comfortable being in the middle of the ocean. His trainer had him out for moral support and comfort, and it seemed that Austin was fulfilling a similar role for the Litwick. Taking a step back from the rails, Austin sat down between his two Pokemon and started rummaging through his bag.

He had heard of a fishing boat leaving for the ocean waters as soon as he arrived on Minnao. He couldn't remember where he learned how to fish, but he knew that a feeling of enjoyment always came to his mind when the topic was brought up. There was something enjoyable about being able to just throw out a line and wait for something to bite the hook. Most of the time it was just Magikarp, but at other times a Goldeen or Barboach would be at the end of the line. It was a happy memory, at least the small bits and pieces he could remember out of it. Now it just felt like hell. He didn't realize the boat with be some rinky-dink rustbucket of a ship instead of the nice cruiser he was on just hours before. Finding the bottle of stomach meds, he popped open the cap and put the dosage in his mouth. Taking the water bottle from his bag, he gulped down the pills and waited. What would happen first, a tug on his line or his nausea dissipating?

I fill my lungs with everything
You want someone that I can't be
You say it's insanity, but
I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Old 05-31-2017, 07:45 PM   #33
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connor View Post

TheKnightsFury: "Well laddie, a little bit of fear does you good. A little bit of fear keeps you from overstepping your boundaries too readily. Stops you getting too close to the flame."

The somber warning hangs in the air between you for a moment before you inquire as to how the pair of you would be getting out onto the water for the fishing lesson. Jackson pauses for a moment, before grinning wide.

"I do have a boat, but that won't be how we're traveling today. No, lad, we'll be traveling in natural style."

Reaching for a Poke Ball on his belt, the fisherman throws the orb into the air, the seams splitting to accommodate a familiar rush of crimson energy. As it strikes the water, the energy becomes to form into a rather distinctive figure - long neck, horned head, and a nobbled shell. A Lapras splashed into the waters of the lake, Jormungand taking quick evasive action to avoid the resulting waves. The specimen before them seemed larger than most Lapras, certainly large enough to accommodate both men out onto the waters. Jackson clearly had this intent, the large man performing a perfect mount, an impressive feat for a man of his age and stature. He indicates for you to clamber aboard before slapping the neck of Lapras gently.

"Come on then Orion. Take us out into the center of the lake and we'll see what we can do today."

As Orion began to move through the waters, Jormungand hanging alongside, Jackson turns to you.

"So laddie, any specific areas you want to train for Jormungand here? I have a few possibilities in mind, but I'd like to hear your own thoughts."

Jackson's Lapras was a marvelous specimen, unlike any he had seen before. Jayson had even owned a Lapras once upon a time, caught during his first adventure through Kanto he had released it in the Hoenn region which it seemed to enjoy. His Lapras would have been a runt by comparison, Orion's size was astonishing. Jayson happily mounted the Lapras, enjoying the feeling of nostalgia as it glided through the crystal clear lake water. Jormungand swam alongside the much more powerful Water type, somewhat overwhelmed by its presence.

As they rode across the water, Jackson inquired as to what sort of training he indeed for the Magikarp. This left Jayson a little stumped, what could you do with a Magikarp? His had recently learnt how to use Outrage, perhaps he could try and temper the Magikarp's inner rage before it evolved? Probably not straight up. What else could Magikarp do though? They could Splash and they could jump.........

"Magikarp are pretty good jumpers right Jackson? Maybe we could do some sort of training to improve its jumping?" A cold shiver ran down Jayson's back, something seemed right about his idea for training. He looked down at the Magikarp who was now swimming happily through the water, so blissful, so gentle. Things would certainly change once he evolved into a Gyarados, not just his size and ability but his personality as well. Jayson was beginning to doubt his ability to restrain its rage, perhaps he would need some training as well. Jackson seemed to imply he had dealt with a similar situation, surely he would be able to give him some pointers.

Old 05-31-2017, 08:21 PM   #34
Connor
Flashbacker

Quote:
Cordina’s Peak: Named after a famous priestess, Cordina’s Peak is the religious center of the Minnao people. People from various tribes often travel here to make offerings to Manaphy for the health of their children, or to Kyogre for good weather. Here, the current head priest, Holai, attempts to heal the bonds between people and Pokemon on the island. While there isn’t much fishing opportunity here, with the only water truly available in the shallow pools of the Sea Altar, the locals are sure to need help with the daily goings on in the village. Please respond in deepskyblue. This area is intended for Normal adventures.
Finally reaching the true height of Cordina's Peak, Sweeney looks around his surroundings. He had to admit, the place had quite a sense of grandeur about it, what with the incredible views it offered of the entire Isles. Yet, at the same time, it managed to hold a serene beauty which belied the immense scales of the mountain, a sense of distinct isolation which, in something of a natural contradiction, left Sweeney feeling at one with everything surrounding him. Looking down to his right, even the normally obnoxious Marco was stunned into a sense of silence, and two of Sweeney's most recent acquisitions - a twin set of Ledyba - hovered just behind him, similarly stunned into silence by the sheer scale of what they were witnessing around them. However, with the mountain having been surmounted, Sweeney was left at a bit of an impasse. His main reason for climbing up here was to witness the view, but now he felt he had to give a little back. With a shrug, he decided that he may as well head towards the shrine. Making an offering there would likely be appreciated by the locals and priests who tended the site, and it was the least he could do. Nodding to Marco, Izzy and Dizzy, the trainer began to make his way down the side of the trail, heading directly for the shrine.

With the shrine just up ahead, Sweeney looked down at the flowers that he held in his right hand. He had managed to acquire them before his ascent - he was intending to lay them at the peak in remembrance for some of the friends he had lost during his time at the bar, victims of the crazed violence of some of the punters. However, something felt more right about leaving them as an offering at the shrine. They would serve a better purpose that way - one of both remembrance and reverence for the local worship. Walking towards the shrine, he placed the flowers on the altar, before offering up a silent prayer.
Old 05-31-2017, 08:39 PM   #35
Jerichi
プラスチック♡ラブ

Quote:
Jerichi: Josiah chuckles as you query about Helen being able to accompany, the monk waving a hand through the air as if to dismiss the question as silly.

"Of course, of course. We're a modern institution, we have no real qualms about specific Pokemon. Though I doubt that was your worry, rest assured she will be welcomed happily."

With that cleared up, Josiah indicates for you to follow, the monk keeping his pace slow and methodical in order to accommodate both Helen's dawdling speed and your own lack of shoes. The monk manages to take this to an even further level of courtesy, taking great care to nudge any loose pebbles out of the way of your path in order to avoid your feet getting hurt. Finally, you see the temple at the top of a rather small hill, Josiah stopping for a moment to look upon the elegant yet simplistic building, the understated architecture managing to perfectly convey the simple but admirable way of life of those tied to it. The worn marble steps leading to the entrance way of the stone building were dyed a pale blue colour somehow, their sparkling beauty reflecting the hue of the waters surrounding the Isles, much like the shade of the robes Josiah was wearing. Finally, you enter the main foyer to the temple, a large flame burning in a hearth at the center of the room. Josiah gestures for you to wait.

"You may have a look around our main hall here if you wish. I'll leave to fetch you some adequate footwear in the meanwhile."

With that, Josiah vanished into a nearby corridor, his footsteps quickly fading into the distance. As you stood, now alone apart from Helen, the sheer enormity of the room strikes you. The outside view of the temple was deceptive - the place was certainly colossal, much larger than your eye had first assumed. Before you can manage to do any proper exploration of the main hall though, someone comes barreling into you from behind. As you stagger to keep your footing, a frantic looking man spies your Pokemon, instantly bursting into a frenzied plea.

"You ... you have to help. You're a trainer, right? One of the priests ... he's trapped!"
Jeri tried his best not to laugh too awkwardly at what he assumed was supposed to be some sort of half-joke (or was it? He never really understood the religious folk) and tried his best to get Helen moving before she spaced out again. He was quite grateful that this stranger was willing to help him, and even go so far as to sweep the path in front of them with his feet to prevent any further pain to his tired soles.

Once they approached the temple, Jeri was in awe of the architecture of its blue marbled façade - now this was the kind of culture he was looking for. His feet being incredibly sore from walking on the uneven ground was worth seeing the rather impressive sight of the temple, both it's simple but striking exterior and its somehow cozy yet expansive interior. As Josiah went into another room to fetch him a pair of shoes, Jeri's eyes swept across the entire room, taking in every detail. However, his marveling was soon interrupted by a panicked man rushing in, looking as if the sky had fallen.

"You ... you have to help. You're a trainer, right? One of the priests ... he's trapped!" the man asks desperately.

"I, uh," Jeri stuttered, unsure of how to react - he wasn't exactly the hero type, but if he was the only one there, he guessed he'd have to play the part in spite of that, "Um, sure, yeah, I can help. Show me where and what I can do to help. C'mon Helen."

Jeri hobbles in the direction of where the man came from, and Helen follows slowly behind, only after she realizes her trainer is most of the way down the hall.
Member Post

Old 06-01-2017, 10:30 AM   #36
Brave Saix
Boulder Badge

Quote:
Brave Saix: The man looks at you with a puzzled stare for a moment, his eyes struggling to focus on you, distracted by something hovering overhead. As you turn your own head upwards to see what was drawing his attention, you see a group of Wingull playing with one another, darting through the skies with complete abandon, clearly not caring too much about the large metal platform which had invaded their homes. Before you can remark, the strange man who had hired you breaks out in a wide grin.

"Great to see that some of the wild Pokemon can still go about their normal life despite our infringement. The name is Matthew, by the way. Don't think I mentioned that on my request. Bit of a mistake. And, sadly, no Chinchou on this shirt. Disappointment, I know."

Matthew outstretched a hand intending for you to shake, before eagerly beginning to explain what his main area of interest was in the Minnao Isles. Turns out that the local religion was particularly ancient and had pervaded the island for generations. This meant that there could well be very important archaeological finds relating to the ways in which the religion was practiced in forgotten eras, before religious texts of the Isles documented ceremonies and such. Matthew's eyes sparkled with a distinct vigor when he began talking about his research, in an almost endearing manner. Finally though, you find yourself standing before a rather large group of Drifblim. Each of them were attached to a swinging basket, a gruff man standing to one side. The man eyes you up as you approach, nodding his head in your direction.

"This the trainer then, Matt?"

Matthew looks towards the man with a slight frown on his face, before nodding.

"Yes. Don't use that kind of tone though, Jonas. I'm sure they'll be very helpful. Anyway, if you have any business to attend to before departure, I recommend you do it now. Otherwise we'll be heading straight for the Peak."
Sypher followed Matthew along as he explained a bit about his research and what the group would be digging for. The glimmer of joy that he saw in the scientist's eye reminded him of his parent's enthusiasm for battling, it was true passion. Sypher wanted to ask him more for of what he knew about the local religion, but before he could they arrived at the flock of Drifblim balloons.

Sypher noticed the Drifblim's handler as he nodded towards him and returned the greeting in turn. "Pleasure to meet ya. I suppose you'll be guiding these Drifblim?" Sypher looked over to the ghostly balloons as they bumped against each other as a gentle breeze blew.

Matthew motioned to Sypher to go ahead and embark one of the baskets such that they could be on their way. "Can do! One quick thing though. Julian! Jill! I think you'll both enjoy the ride!" he said calling out his Passimian and Noibat to board the same basket as him. "These things can hold a bit of extra weight, right?" he called to the handler.
Old 06-01-2017, 12:32 PM   #37
Meetan
Soul Badge

Quote:

Meetan: As you splashed in the waters with Lorin, the little Lotad allowing himself to float on the tops of the waves while kicking with his stubby legs, you find yourself enjoying the simple pleasure of bonding with your Pokemon. The day was a good one, the skies were clear, and while the area was rife with tourists, the large nature of the beach meant nothing felt too cramped, everyone was distributed well. Other trainers frolicked with their Pokemon in the waters, and while you play with Lorin, one of them begins to approach you. A young girl, maybe a little younger than yourself, wearing a bright green bikini and brunette hair tied up in a ponytail gives you a cheeky smile and a small wave, a Poliwhirl swimming alongside her. She seemed friendly and quite bubbly, having the kind of energetic air about her that you would associate with a young child. Her eyes were her most striking feature though - a deep shade of brown, there was a natural inquisitiveness and curiosity hiding deep in there. As she finally comes within earshot, she calls out to you.

"Hey there! Couldn't help but notice how cute you and your Lotad looked. The little fella has quite a strange colour, doesn't he? Only makes him look all the more adorable."

She grins as her Poliwhirl shoots her a sideways glance, the Water type clearly feeling somewhat left out.

"Not as quite as Mario here, though. Anyway - I was considering doing a little exploration in the rockier areas of the coast. Most tourists don't go there, but I have a pretty good handle on them. I was shown the ropes by a native a few months back. Wanna tag along? More the merrier!"
Alice looked over at the pair as they approached, absently keeping a check on Lorin as well. He seemed quite happy to just float, although she kept her arms vaguely on either side of him to stop the little one getting swept too far away. At the mention that he was adorable, the Pokemon chimed out a grateful 'Lotaaad!' in thanks.

"Yeah, he is pretty cute. I've got a bunch of pink Pokemon, it's my favourite colour! And a black Bagon, too, but he isn't with us." She added. Honestly, Eridian was a bit of a grump, although Alice knew that in reality her dragon did like her. His type were naturally harder to handle, though, so she tried not to take his attitude personally. "Oh, wow, yeah! I'd totally love to come with you! I'm not much of a climber, mind, but my Pokemon might be able to help me out. And besides, I love your Poliwhirl! I don't have one of my own but I think the Poliwag family is super cute. Anyway, let me grab my things and we can go?"

((Postieee.))
Old 06-01-2017, 07:08 PM   #38
Connor
Flashbacker

TheKnightsFury: Jackson grins at you as you suggest some sort of jumping training for Jormungand, the sparkle within the fisherman's eye suggesting that he has first hand experience of this kind of training. Squeezing his legs gently, he manages to coax Orion to a halt, reaching for his belt once again. This time choosing instead to simply open the ball while it remained in his hand, he watches out on the waters as another Pokemon formed from blazing crimson energy, this one much smaller and more rotund than his Lapras. Jagged spines jutted from the fish' body, and two beady eyes stared back at Jackson, an instant recognition and affection forming there. The Qwilfish swam near Orion, careful not to get too close for fear of pricking the streamlined skin of his partner, and Jackson nods towards Jormungand.

"How about this lady? Have Jormungand try jump through the rings Rigel here will produce using Water Pulse. It'll be tricky at first, I have no doubt of that, but you'll have to egg him on somehow. Magikarp are born jumpers, as you say. However, I'd preach caution not to use this method too much. It can end up being .., unfortunate."

With his instructions given, Jackson once again pats the head of Orion, the Lapras crooning a tone as he once again makes for the center of the lake. It is pretty clear that Jackson wants you to command Jormungand to follow the training regime as you continue to move towards your initial destination, which would no doubt add another wrinkle to the difficulty for Jormungand. There wouldn't be much to do for you as the trainer, but raising a Magikarp was never going to be a task which would be quick and painless.

Jerichi: With the situation having seemingly escalated out of nowhere, you move to follow the frantic man, wanting to help despite the fact you weren't entirely sure that you would. However, he seemed to be certain that a trainer would be able to get the job done, and so you wait for Helen to plod after you and catch up. Just as you make to leave the temple though, Josiah reappears, frowning at your retreating figure. He shouts back at you, holding up the pair of sandals which he had left to retrieve.

"I have your sandals here, sir. Would you tell me what has happened?"

The man, on seeing Josiah, seems to become exuberant. Quickly rushing over towards Josiah, the man manages to garble out something of a story. It seems one of the local monks had gotten into trouble rescuing a local Pokemon from some sort of trap - likely put there by poachers come to the region looking for exotic specimens - but during the rescue attempt he had been attacked by some unknown entity. What- or who- ever the assailant was, they were clearly fearsome enough to have struck terror into the man and left the lost monk in quite a pickle. Josiah frowns at this revelation, before locking eyes with you, handing the sandals to you in the process.

"I am not sure how much you will be able to accomplish given I know little of your prowess as a trainer. Despite this, I must ask you to go and help my brother. I can organise for some back up - most of our brothers are not trainers, but a few of us are allowed to raise Pokemon in order to protect the temple in times of emergency. They are particularly powerful - I only ask that you manage to hold off whatever this beast is until they arrive. I feel ashamed to have to implore an outsider for assistance, but it is the only course of action I can consider in the immediate sense."

Brave Saix: Jonas nodded at your query as to whether the basket could hold extra weight, and your group board the basket, the suspended compartment swinging as you climb aboard. Once the oscillations had ceased, Jonas nods to what seemed to be the lead Drifblim, going by the sash tied to one of it's protrusions hanging underneath. With a deflating cry, the Pokemon begin to ascend, bringing the basket with them. The Atoll slowly but surely sinks away below you, the visual effect of the sea seeming to swallow the modern, chrome finish of the outpost satisfying to watch. The trip itself was rather enjoyable, the wind blowing in your facing managing to counteract the intense sun which glared overhead. Jonas was clearly pretty skilled at what he was doing, expertly adjusting the ropes tied to his Drifblim to account for any gusts or shifts in the wind direction. Matthew simply wore a wide grin the entire way, observing Pokemon and jotting down notes in a small field journal he had produced from within his jacket.

Finally, you manage to reach your destination. Jonas guided the basket towards the edge of one of the many cliffs of the Cordina mountain range, managing to gently drop the basket down to the ground. Matthew is the first to step off, the scientist inhaling deeply as he does so.

"Man, there is something about being away from the Atoll. The natural air feels so much better. Less stuffy."

Jonas seemed to agree, nodding his head and affirming with a grunt. The large man settled down on a nearby rock, crossing his legs and somehow managing to look quite comfortable. Looking towards Matthew, he gestures towards his Drifblim service.

"I can wait here until late evening. You said this should only take a few hours, so I don't mind."

Matthew nods his thanks, before turning towards you. Pulling out a map, he points out a few places of interest.

"Now, the main places I want to see we won't be able to do any actual digging at. I want to visit the Sea Altar to check out some of the architectural work, and then the temple in order to receive permission for my dig site and quiz some of the monks. Your call which of these we do first, of course."

Matthew stands, waiting your input. He was clearly pretty nonchalant about this, happy to let you take the reigns and guide the foray.

Meetan: The girl grinned at the mention of your relative inexperience with climbing, waving one of her hands as if to dismiss the comment.

"Don't worry about that, gal. We can take it slow, the spot I have in mind is kind to beginners."

Giving you a moment to gather your stuff, the girl abruptly pauses, before blushing a deep crimson colour. Chuckling as she fiddles with a loose strand of hair, she addresses you again.

"Actually, I just noticed I didn't even tell you my name. Just came charging over out of nowhere. The name is Lauren. I'm ... sort of? a native I guess. I was born here, but moved away as a kid. I visit family here now and then though, which is why I'm pretty familiar with the place. Though I'm not sure why I'm telling you that. I babble when I get embarrassed, I guess."

Stretching now, trying to dispel some of her embarrassment at her minor blunder, Lauren points to a small outcrop of rocks which you can barely make out in the distance. While areas of the cliff were clearly dangerous to a climber of any experience level, you managed to make out even from here the numerous patches of lower lying rocks, which no doubt dipped into the waters somewhat at points.

"There's where I intend to take you, by the way. Want to race there?"

The infectious cheeriness of Lauren continues to drip from her every action, the girl wearing a wide grin even as she begins to do mock stretches, anticipating your taking up of her challenge.
Old 06-01-2017, 07:39 PM   #39
Meetan
Soul Badge

Quote:
Meetan: The girl grinned at the mention of your relative inexperience with climbing, waving one of her hands as if to dismiss the comment.

"Don't worry about that, gal. We can take it slow, the spot I have in mind is kind to beginners."

Giving you a moment to gather your stuff, the girl abruptly pauses, before blushing a deep crimson colour. Chuckling as she fiddles with a loose strand of hair, she addresses you again.

"Actually, I just noticed I didn't even tell you my name. Just came charging over out of nowhere. The name is Lauren. I'm ... sort of? a native I guess. I was born here, but moved away as a kid. I visit family here now and then though, which is why I'm pretty familiar with the place. Though I'm not sure why I'm telling you that. I babble when I get embarrassed, I guess."

Stretching now, trying to dispel some of her embarrassment at her minor blunder, Lauren points to a small outcrop of rocks which you can barely make out in the distance. While areas of the cliff were clearly dangerous to a climber of any experience level, you managed to make out even from here the numerous patches of lower lying rocks, which no doubt dipped into the waters somewhat at points.

"There's where I intend to take you, by the way. Want to race there?"

The infectious cheeriness of Lauren continues to drip from her every action, the girl wearing a wide grin even as she begins to do mock stretches, anticipating your taking up of her challenge.
"Yeah? Thank Arceus for that." Alice laughed as she gathered up her bag. She stuffed her clothes and towel into it after waving off any beads of sand. Unsurprisingly, Lorin seemed disappointed that they weren't sticking to the water, but he knew that they had plenty of time after this jaunt to go back out or enjoy one of the rivers or lakes instead.

"Oh! No worries, I didn't, either. I'm Alice, and the Lotad here is Lorin." She said. Her Pokemon spoke as if he were greeting the pair. Alice wasn't so easily embarrassed, and her charisma and love of chatting normally meant that the more awkward or anxious tended to be drawn to her. She could brush over and chat through most silences and weird moments-- Alice had plenty of her own, after all!

"Aww, man. I quite frankly run like a Piplup or Psyduck on drugs, but if you want to make a run for it I'll waddle pathetically after you to the best of my ability." Alice offered. She did some lazy stretches of her own to loosen up her limbs, although jumping and wading about in the water had done that already. "Ready, set, go?"
Old 06-01-2017, 11:28 PM   #40
Brave Saix
Boulder Badge

Quote:
Brave Saix: Jonas nodded at your query as to whether the basket could hold extra weight, and your group board the basket, the suspended compartment swinging as you climb aboard. Once the oscillations had ceased, Jonas nods to what seemed to be the lead Drifblim, going by the sash tied to one of it's protrusions hanging underneath. With a deflating cry, the Pokemon begin to ascend, bringing the basket with them. The Atoll slowly but surely sinks away below you, the visual effect of the sea seeming to swallow the modern, chrome finish of the outpost satisfying to watch. The trip itself was rather enjoyable, the wind blowing in your facing managing to counteract the intense sun which glared overhead. Jonas was clearly pretty skilled at what he was doing, expertly adjusting the ropes tied to his Drifblim to account for any gusts or shifts in the wind direction. Matthew simply wore a wide grin the entire way, observing Pokemon and jotting down notes in a small field journal he had produced from within his jacket.

Finally, you manage to reach your destination. Jonas guided the basket towards the edge of one of the many cliffs of the Cordina mountain range, managing to gently drop the basket down to the ground. Matthew is the first to step off, the scientist inhaling deeply as he does so.

"Man, there is something about being away from the Atoll. The natural air feels so much better. Less stuffy."

Jonas seemed to agree, nodding his head and affirming with a grunt. The large man settled down on a nearby rock, crossing his legs and somehow managing to look quite comfortable. Looking towards Matthew, he gestures towards his Drifblim service.

"I can wait here until late evening. You said this should only take a few hours, so I don't mind."

Matthew nods his thanks, before turning towards you. Pulling out a map, he points out a few places of interest.

"Now, the main places I want to see we won't be able to do any actual digging at. I want to visit the Sea Altar to check out some of the architectural work, and then the temple in order to receive permission for my dig site and quiz some of the monks. Your call which of these we do first, of course."

Matthew stands, waiting your input. He was clearly pretty nonchalant about this, happy to let you take the reigns and guide the foray.
Sypher leaned against the leading end of the basket, enjoying the slow aerial tour of the area. It had been several years since he this very luxury in Sinnoh. He looked down to the seascape below and saw the shadow of some school of fish, at that height there was no telling what species formed it. He glanced over to Matthew who was rhythmically writing notes on what ever Pokémon he saw. "He probably knows exactly what it is." Sypher mused. He looked back again, this time straight ahead as the Island grew closer.

Mean while Jill was happily reaching over the basket, swatting at anything she saw. This was actually the first time she had been this high in the air. It didn't bother her in the slightest due to her typing. If anything this was par for the course. Julian on the other hand, was scared stiff, and was huddling at the bottom of basket. At ever slight shift a wave of panic washed over him and he would clamber grab on to what ever he could reach.

The group soon reached the cliff and the baskets touched down. No sooner had Sypher opened the hatch on the basket that Julian rushed out, climbing the closest tree he could find in a panic bid for safety.

"It'll be okay," Sypher yelled hoping to calm the lemur, "the ground is solid and when we head back later you can rest in you ball if you want." He turned to Matthew who quick explained what all they needed to do for the day. "Personally, I say we hit up the village and see about getting the appropriate permissions to dig. Maybe we could also find a guide who would also be willing to shed some extra light on the architecture as well." he said looking then to gather he Pokémon. Julian had slowly worked his was next to Sypher, and Jill was busy climbing around on top of one of the Drifblims hanging her head down in front it's face inquisitively.

"Jill! Don't slap at it!" Sypher yelled as Jill slowly lifted a paw. She heeded his warning before fluttering over to join him as the group set off.
Old 06-02-2017, 08:13 AM   #41
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

Quote:
TheKnightsFury: Jackson grins at you as you suggest some sort of jumping training for Jormungand, the sparkle within the fisherman's eye suggesting that he has first hand experience of this kind of training. Squeezing his legs gently, he manages to coax Orion to a halt, reaching for his belt once again. This time choosing instead to simply open the ball while it remained in his hand, he watches out on the waters as another Pokemon formed from blazing crimson energy, this one much smaller and more rotund than his Lapras. Jagged spines jutted from the fish' body, and two beady eyes stared back at Jackson, an instant recognition and affection forming there. The Qwilfish swam near Orion, careful not to get too close for fear of pricking the streamlined skin of his partner, and Jackson nods towards Jormungand.

"How about this lady? Have Jormungand try jump through the rings Rigel here will produce using Water Pulse. It'll be tricky at first, I have no doubt of that, but you'll have to egg him on somehow. Magikarp are born jumpers, as you say. However, I'd preach caution not to use this method too much. It can end up being .., unfortunate."

With his instructions given, Jackson once again pats the head of Orion, the Lapras crooning a tone as he once again makes for the center of the lake. It is pretty clear that Jackson wants you to command Jormungand to follow the training regime as you continue to move towards your initial destination, which would no doubt add another wrinkle to the difficulty for Jormungand. There wouldn't be much to do for you as the trainer, but raising a Magikarp was never going to be a task which would be quick and painless.
Jayson was pleased at the fisherman's response to his proposal, maybe he did possess what it took to train the Magikarp. Jackson got straight to the 'point' and released a prickly Qwilfish into the water. Jayson cringed at the thought of being pricked by one of those poison laced barbs, it would surely be excruciatingly painful. The fish would make for a great training partner for Jormungand, although Jayson feared the training might be tough for the simple Pokemon. The Magikarp would require clear and concise instructions, timing would also be key.

Quickly checking around to make sure there were not bird Pokemon getting around, in particular Pidgeottos, Jayson looked over to the Magikarp and gave it orders. "Time to concentrate now Jormungand, I need you to jump with power and finesse. Time yourself, wait for the Water Pulse ring from Rigel, let it rise into the air. Once it seems stabilised, quickly swim down before erupting back up." Jayson left it there, if he went into any further detail the Magikarp would likely not remember half of it.

Old 06-05-2017, 02:01 AM   #42
Maskerade
Rainbow Badge

Quote:
Cordina’s Peak: Named after a famous priestess, Cordina’s Peak is the religious center of the Minnao people. People from various tribes often travel here to make offerings to Manaphy for the health of their children, or to Kyogre for good weather. Here, the current head priest, Holai, attempts to heal the bonds between people and Pokemon on the island. While there isn’t much fishing opportunity here, with the only water truly available in the shallow pools of the Sea Altar, the locals are sure to need help with the daily goings on in the village. Please respond in deepskyblue. This area is intended for Normal adventures.
"Trouble in paradise", is that not how they say it? It's palpable...

Tourist brochures and internet sites might classify the Minnao Archipelago as an idyllic little place, the sort of utopia one desperately wants to believe in. But he, Rorik Pine of Heiml, was a man of science and proper investigation - and it was undeniable that, beneath the scent of roses and warmth of sunlight, something was wrong in Minnao.

The natives have always treasured their bonds with the titular deities, Manaphy and Kyogre. Their offerings, as with any tribe, come both from a sense of deep-seated respect and natural apprehension. And it's obvious they fear for the strength of these timeless bonds - tributes increase in size as the people's anguish grows paralleled...

Pokémon Professors specialized in all manner of research fields within the vast intricacies of the world. Some took an interest in evolution, others in environmental adaptability. Rorik, for his part, had always been fascinated with the role of bonds between humans and Pokémon in the latter's growth. To him, the pinnacle of that connection was the miraculous Bond Phenomenon, one he couldn't yet explain but vowed to one day decipher. He hoped this journey would allow him to see first hand just how radically a strong bond can alter a Pokémon's life - and this was just the place to start.

"Holai..."

That was the man to seek, if he wanted to know more about Minnao's ongoing troubles. The head priest was, according to the locals, the man in charge of healing the wounds between people and Pokémon - in a way, he was Minnao's expert in bonds as Rorik was Heiml's. It should make for some glorious scientific discussion!

But a discussion that absolutely will not take place unless I can find the man, I'm afraid...
Old 06-05-2017, 07:54 PM   #43
Jerichi
プラスチック♡ラブ

Quote:
Jerichi: With the situation having seemingly escalated out of nowhere, you move to follow the frantic man, wanting to help despite the fact you weren't entirely sure that you would. However, he seemed to be certain that a trainer would be able to get the job done, and so you wait for Helen to plod after you and catch up. Just as you make to leave the temple though, Josiah reappears, frowning at your retreating figure. He shouts back at you, holding up the pair of sandals which he had left to retrieve.

"I have your sandals here, sir. Would you tell me what has happened?"

The man, on seeing Josiah, seems to become exuberant. Quickly rushing over towards Josiah, the man manages to garble out something of a story. It seems one of the local monks had gotten into trouble rescuing a local Pokemon from some sort of trap - likely put there by poachers come to the region looking for exotic specimens - but during the rescue attempt he had been attacked by some unknown entity. What- or who- ever the assailant was, they were clearly fearsome enough to have struck terror into the man and left the lost monk in quite a pickle. Josiah frowns at this revelation, before locking eyes with you, handing the sandals to you in the process.

"I am not sure how much you will be able to accomplish given I know little of your prowess as a trainer. Despite this, I must ask you to go and help my brother. I can organise for some back up - most of our brothers are not trainers, but a few of us are allowed to raise Pokemon in order to protect the temple in times of emergency. They are particularly powerful - I only ask that you manage to hold off whatever this beast is until they arrive. I feel ashamed to have to implore an outsider for assistance, but it is the only course of action I can consider in the immediate sense."
As Josiah made his proposal cum offer, Jeri slipped on the sandals so graciously offered, making a note to properly thank the monk for his kindness in the near future. He considered a possible course of action.

"Well, I'll have you know, I'm a pretty seasoned trainer. My current team is a little bit green, but I think we can handle it - just let us know what you need. Oh and, why don't we have a bit of help to get there faster."

Jeri pulled another Poké Ball off his belt and tossed it into the air. It burst open and revealed a large, long-necked creature with expansive, frond-like wings. The Tropius gave a long sigh as it drifted to the ground.

"This little guy just joined my team but I think he could help us out, right buddy?" he asked, patting the Tropius on its side, "Helen could also use a ride, I think."

He loaded the Numel onto the dinosaur's back, tipping her back and forth a bit to find the perfect spot where she won't fall.

"Just tell us where we need to be and what we need to do and we'll get there in no time flat."

Jeri admitted to himself in the back of his mind that with his relatively young (or simply just unadjusted) squad, he stood a chance at a massive and total failure, or at least some sort of disaster, but his relative arrogance had served him well in the past so... why stop now?

Member Post

Old 06-05-2017, 08:02 PM   #44
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

Quote:
MedMana: Having decided that the rapids weren't suited for you, you move further down the riverbank, looking to strike out towards some of the rockier shallows of the river system. You walk for quite some while in your search, the sun hanging high above high in the sky feeling pleasant on your back rather than oppressively hot. Trainers wallow in the slacker areas of the river with their Pokemon, cheering and laughing - the area was generally framed with merriment, clearly a place where many happy bonds had been forged. Finally, you find yourself approaching a rockier area near a large bend in the river. The place was the ideal kind of spot where weary Pokemon would gather to rest their aching bodies, be that languishing in the pleasant beat of the sun or bathing in the shallows of the water.

As you approach though, a cheery laugh strikes your ears, hanging on the air. Turning, you see a young girl running towards you, a wide beaming grin on her face. Her tanned skin identifies her as a native, or at least someone who had spent a long time in the familiar sun of the Minnao Isles, and the way she greets you is polite and endearing. Her eyes were strikingly blue - a similar hue to the much calmer waters of the river in this area of the system. Looking up at you, the young girl extends a hand, pointing towards the rocks which reached into the waters.

"Hey there, are you here to look for Pokemon? I can tell you're a trainer, but you don't seem to be from around here. I can show you some awesome spots if you'd like? I was about to meet up with some of my friends, and you're welcome to tag along!"

The cheery easiness with which she talked to you was almost infectious, and it was clear that her intentions were pure, simply wanting to incorporate someone she had found on their own into her fun and games.
It was certainly quite the hike to get to the rockier side of the river, but it wasn't too tiring for someone who could only remember living from one campsite to the next like Ami was. If anything, the shoals of the Springtide Isle were rougher on the body than these. Still, these ones would be a nice place for anything to take a break and relax, so Ami was certain she was onto something.

She hadn't expected that something to be a little girl who was clearly not relaxing. The girl's excited call shocked Ami out of her simple thoughts, but it was hard to get mad at her for it. "...Oh, I didn't see you there," she stammered, but the girl pushed on with her invitation as if nothing out of the ordinary had occurred. Ami let her finish, mostly because she was pretty interested in the girl's enthusiastic plan. "This sounds like a pretty good idea. Alrighty then, you lead the way!"

The young trainer figured the girl would officially introduce herself when they met up with her friends- that seemed like a good time to introduce herself as well. Even if today's hunt ended up empty, she was certain that this girl would make it an enjoyable time anyway. And if things turned sour somehow, well... She knew that two of her pokemon were trustworthy and somewhat capable battlers. And it was pretty likely that some among the girl's friend group were trainers of their own right- it would take some serious trouble to get her to worry about much at all, she reasoned.

Tangled Feet- "Only I have the right to hit me!"
Old 06-11-2017, 08:55 PM   #45
PikaGod
Marsh Badge

Quote:
PikaGod: Leaving the bothersome rehearsal behind, you step out onto the sands of the Red Beach. Tourists were set up for the day here and there, watching over children and Pokemon alike with cautious eyes but enjoying soaking in the sun all the same. Some trainers were swimming amid the waves with their own Pokemon - some drifting casually, others racing one another in an attempt to better their times. It was quite a sight to behold, this marriage of Pokemon and trainers happily going about their business, and you find yourself sucked into the atmosphere a little as you begin to walk with your Pokemon. This leaves your awareness of your surroundings a little lacking, and without warning you find yourself falling to the sands. As you look up to discover who had just bowled you over, you find yourself staring into the green eyes of a young man. His expression was troubled, clearly irritated by the collision, but he is happy to help you back to your feet all the same.

"Sorry about that. My fault entirely. Anyway ..."

Without so much as another word, the man walks away, clearly looking for something. His own concentration was lacking - other tourists had to sidestep the man here and there to avoid being bowled over in a manner similar to yourself. The man, in fairness, likely could have knocked over anyone on the beach. He was tall - very tall - and well built, having an athlete's body. His skin was tanned brown, indicating that he could well be a local, and his hair was a dark shade of brown. He was wearing a pair of green swimming trunks, and despite his sure manner which pervaded his stride, it was clear that he was somewhat troubled.
"What in the everloving fu-!"

Melody was caught off guard just as she was about to let loose on whomever decided that they had a death wish. She was expecting some fugly tourist to be the culprit, not a stud of a hunk. It took all of Melody's willpower not to audibly growl at the sight of him. The man let out an apology, a half hearted apology, and then just kept walking. Melody wanted to be mad at him, knocking her over and then just goddamn walking away. But apparently today, Melody was super damn thirsty, and he was also quite nice to watch walking away.

But not that thirsty though, she did notice that there was something not quite right. Melody was meant to be bonding with her new teammates, the pair already playing in the sand, making very rudimentary castles, butsurely they could run one little errand and then come back. She bent down and motioned to Rompette and Speaker, the pair running back to her side.

"Hey wait up!" she called out to the man, "Is everything alright?"
Old 06-11-2017, 10:38 PM   #46
Marion Ette
Blades and Butterflies

Quote:
Moilock Marsh: The northern fish tail-like part of the main island is a large dense wetland mostly made from water flowing in from the plains and even the Blue Valley above. Despite the marsh’s deep connections to the sea, something there keeps the water fresher than expected. The marsh is named for a Minnao man haunted by nightmares who was said to have gone out to the marsh in a fit of madness, never to be seen again. Here, many Pokemon are often spotted lurking below the water’s surface, aiming for the next boat they can flip over and soak the occupants. Please respond in olivedrab. This area is intended for Quick or Normal adventures.
Ffion had to admit that the phenomena she investigated usually weren't as... well-known and advertised as this one. Indeed, the story of Moilock was printed on all the promotional materials, all the flyers for Minnao... perhaps the intent was to attract gawking, mystery-loving tourists like her, but hell, she'll take the bait all the same. Sure, the mystery of Moilock's disappearance lacked the bombast and overwhelming existential terror of previous missions, and yet it was that very subtlety that drew her, barefoot and knees deep in marsh water, to Moilock's namesake. Perhaps it really was just an isolated case of an unfortunate man suffering from night terrors or sleep paralysis, who was unable to seek help and could not bear his condition any longer. But even if that's all it was... didn't he deserve to be found? Didn't he deserve someone - even a foreigner from Unova - to care about him enough to go off into the marsh to look for clues? Granted, Ffion was quite mad herself, but even still... something about the whole story seemed odd, even through the gloss and polish of travel brochures.

She wondered if she should find a boat. She wondered, given the reputation of the Pokemon here, if she should even bother. Besides, Bogie the Spritzee seemed perfectly content fluttering about on his little wings, well above the waters his trainer was forced to trudge through. The contented little fairy smelled of beach roses and sea spray, clearly excited to be touring an island - even if it wasn't quite the serene walk on the beach he pictured when his trainer mentioned a trip to the Minnao Isles. They were on an adventure together, and this was enough to bring him joy. Ffion couldn't help but smile at this, though her heart weighed heavy - how long would that innocence last? She looked out into the marsh, and envisioned Moilock, driven by horrible sights unseen far from his home and into lands unknown. Perhaps it was some measure of empathy she felt for the man that drove her here... but best not to second guess her motives when she had come so far already.
Old 06-15-2017, 01:04 AM   #47
Naru
Known Leafeon Enthusiast

Quote:
Naruxami: Standing on the edge of Cordina Ocean, the scenic sands stretch out on either side of you, a bulwark against the lapping intensity of the sea. While the waters seemed calm, they could always shift on a dime, morphing from an alluring beauty into a dangerous fiend ready to swallow anyone and anything in its path, Luckily, such morbid thoughts are soon chased from your mind as a cheery, flighty voice carries to you on the slight wind that was gusting across the sands. Turning towards the source of the voice, you see a young woman approaching - she couldn't be much older than yourself, an air of youthful exuberance hanging in the air around her as she strolled towards you. Her tanned skin identified her as someone who frequented the area, a pair of black sunglasses hanging from her neck and a bright pink cap on her head, blonde hair pulled into a ponytail which fitted through the opening at the back of her cap. Her clothing was simple and yet somehow awkwardly quirky, an open Hawaiian print shirt clashing drastically with her pale green denim shorts. As the girl waves at you, your eyes are drawn to a rather pretty bracelet hanging around her wrist, a bright crimson Corphish charm held in place by a thin silver strap.

"You're new around here, right? Couldn't help but notice the fishing rod that your adorable Eevee here is holding. I was just about to head out onto the waters myself. Name is Clarice, by the way. I'm a diver, but I've dabbled with fishing here and there. I can show you the ropes if you like?"

After speaking, she abruptly burns bright crimson, clearly embarrassed at something. Shaking her hands through the air, she dismisses her previous comments.

"Only if you want to, of course. Sorry. I have a habit of just assuming things and running my mouth off at complete strangers. End up talking too much, quizzing them too much. My boss always gives me an earful about i- ... I'm doing it again, aren't I?"
The scenery was astounding, Elka had never seen anything quite like it. She wasn't familiar with the sea in any sort of way, but she knew that the pristine calm waters could change at any moment. She would certainly need something with experience to take her across the water, but she would also need someone who was insanely kind. She really didn't want to be asked questions about her crutches, she came for a relaxing getaway to the sea --- not to be proded with the usual questions. She frankly wished she could just get some sort of super advanced robot to take her across the water, avoiding all human contact entirely. You stare into the deep blue, it's sort of mesmerising in a way. One misstep and you could be carried away, into the deep abyss. As she's staring into the depths, a voice catches her attention. She glances upwards, clutching onto Pascal's leash slightly tighter. The voice belonged to a girl, about the same age as Elka, she seemed friendly enough but she stood out like a sore thumb. Probably in the same way Elka herself did, she maybe she shouldn't judge based on appearance. The thing that caught Elka's eye the most was the bracelet around the girl's arm, it was simplistic but elegant --- almost begging for attention.

The girl spoke to Elka when she got closer, causing the girl --- who had little experience with anyone, not just strictly people her own age to start to stutter nervously. "O-oh! Um... nice to m-meet you Clarice... I-I'm Elka..." Her voice trailed off slightly, nervously looking down at Pascal, who gave a knowing nod; almost as if he was saying 'you're doing fine'. "Elka Shang!" She sounded a little cheerier on that last beat, extending her hand for a shake. Pascal seemed to be basking in the fact that he was called adorable, puffing out his chest to the young woman.

Elka barely had time to answer the woman's question before she flushed red, seemingly embarrassed as she stammered that she sometimes gets ahead of herself and shouldn't be so pushy and talkative. Elka gave somewhat a nervous laugh followed by a shallow smile.

"O-oh! No it's fine! It actually makes me feel a little better that you were so forward!" Elka gave a slightly brighter smile. "I'd love to go fishing, o-only if you're willing to teach an utter newbie!" She giggled nervously, touching her fingers together like a scared toddler. "I-I've never actually been swimming or really near water... other than baths of course!" Elka stammered, clearly becoming more and more nervous trying to hold a conversation.
Old 06-17-2017, 12:53 PM   #48
Toyo
hail

Magikarp Update Set 3

Newbies to the group are Tate, Lit, and Connor. Welcome to the Isles, and sorry about the wait everyone! x.x

Sandaa: The girl in yellow shakes her head. "No, he's just a department store manager. He gave up his gym run in Lilycove and found a job there." She says, reaching to pet Aero's wing a bit. The Mantine seems much happier without a kid pushing on his back, as the girl in pink has come around to her cousin's side and stands up proud.

"My dad's a professor! He's super smart, and he's kinda a fisherman! I think." She says. Her cousin, the girl in yellow, rolls her eyes, as she continues. "He studies beaches and pokemon in them. That's why he wanted to vacation here so bad! And he asked his brother to come, so Marissa and Joe came with them!"

Joe, the boy in his yellow trunks, looks up slightly from petting Aero as his name is mentioned. He looks to his sister in yellow, Marissa, sees that you are all engaged in some sort of important discussion, and shrugs. Marill, at this point, has begun to jump up in front of Joe, waving their tiny arms around and trying to get his attention. Yet, Joe is still respectfully devoting his attention to Aero, much to Marill's disappointment.

"Uncle Dennis isn't even a cool kind of professor! He just sits in a lab all day and writes papers with Clamperl." Marissa says, with a pouty lip. She stands up and looks at you. "They're sitting way over there if you wanna meet them. My dad's tough, but he's not that tough! He can go easy on you if you're SCARED!" She sticks her tongue out at you with her last word, a cheeky grin on her face. As standard schoolyard reverse psychology rears its head, what will you do?

Sparkbeat: See Update Set 1.

ABL: The man across the table simply nods. "I appreciate your offer. The Peak often struggles with keeping our town in working order, up here. But now, I don't believe there's anything anyone needs." The cry of a kettle behind him rings out across the room, and he turns back around. "Oh! Of course." He rises from his seat, taking more than a moment to steady himself with his walking stick. Holai steps over to the kettle on the grate and begins pouring two cups.

There is a knock at the door, a dull but gentle thud. "Holai?" A voice says from the other size, deep and cracking a bit. You see Holai turn to the door before reaching down and pulling up another cup.

"This must be Moritt. He said he would visit." Holai says, pouring the water into the cups. "Come in!" He shouts, it feels like, but he's barely raising his voice. The door creaks open, and a short, thin man walks in. He wears cloth shorts and sandals, with tan skin, tanner than most you've seen in town, and has a bag slung over his shoulder. He sees Holai, then looks to you and Dreamer, confused. "This is ABL and her Espeon. She is a tourist I met today, very kind. Now what's the issue?" Holai says, carrying tea over to the table. He slowly transfers the three cups over and sets them down, and Moritt approaches the table.

"Hello." He says, stuttering at first and nodding to you and Holai. He sets his bag on the table and dumps it out, and a few chunks of metal tumble out. Wires jut out from a few of them, and all seem like they have been torn apart somehow. "All of these have been lost in my crops. The stream that waters them brings them in. And whenever our Lotad drinks from the stream, he gets sick." Moritt says. He looks mostly to Holai as he talks, but glances to you every once in a while.

"Hm. What a mess." Holai shakes his head. "I will look to Manaphy for guidance. If I had to guess, there's something upstream, but I cannot travel up there in my age." He looks to you as he says this. "What do you think? You have already communed with our patron today. Has any guidance reached you?"

Missingno. Master: "Of course, man. It's what we're here for." Jack says to you, smiling the whole way. He reaches under the counter and pulls out a pail of something foul smelling. He sifts through the tackles in the box as he talks to you. "Welcome to the lake, all of you. Talking Meowth is new, but. Weirder things have happened." He closes the box and reaches over the woman in her chair. She pokes him in the bellybutton and Jack flinches. The two giggle and Jack grabs the fishing line from above her on a shelf.

"There's a small few Corsola in the water I've seen. Something about this lake brings all sorts out, but nothing too rare like them very often. Try to keep Aster there under control, if you could." Jack reaches below the counter this time and you hear loud clicks and metal grinding against metal before a satisfying pop. He hops up above again with a shiny fishing rod, dented but well taken care of beside him. "So, whenever yo-" He starts off, before being cut off.

"Um. Hello?" The woman beside him says, holding her own fishing rod now without you noticing - a long piece of wood, bendy in her grip. "You took out the last kids. My turn!" She says, picking up his tackle box as she springs back. Grey hairs betray her age, but her agility gives the idea of youth.

"Maie! Those kids don't count! They stole my lures and took the boat themselves. I get to teach." Jack kisses her on the cheek, and she rolls her eyes. He goes to a door in the back and gestures to you. "Come on! Top fishing lessons in all the land. Good stuff this way." Jack smiles at you and turns around. Maie shrugs and flicks her hand towards the door, heading back to the counter and picking up what seems to be a Lure Ball. What will you do?

Ironthunder: The team immediately mobilized against the unknown assailant within the lake. You hold onto your attacked Pokemon before she takes the field once again. All three of the Pokemon and even yourself look down to the water, keeping your eye out for disturbances. The sound of wildlife around you disturbs the peace a little bit, but not as much as the shadowy mass within in it.

Your Skarmory's eyes in the sky are the first to notice as the mass spins in circles, a small and lithe form. It pokes up above the water, the surface giving a satisfying pop as a small blue face appears. It's eyes are small and beady and it seems to have a blue moustache of sorts. You hear it give a little squeak. "Bar!" The Barboach recognizes the threat to it's safety and glances around. Before your Pokemon can really react, it dives back down into the lake. It swims around a bit more, stops, and then appears to fade deeper into the water...

Only to pop back out a few meters to the side and spray another jet of water at your Pokemon! This time, Caeda feels the lake's mischief first hand, getting struck in the wing. You've never heard a Barboach giggle, but if you did, it would probably sound a bit like the sound coming from deep within the water now. The Barboach fades from sight, apparently retreating deep into the water again. What will you do?

134: You begin to wander aimlessly into jungle. With 12 hours on the clock, you keep a close eye on your compass to make sure you can get back to the coast your boat landed on. Your captain for the journey seemed to be a native man who didn't talk too much. When you told him you were coming here without a guide, he seemed alarmed. Yet, he still took your money and dropped you off.

You wander through the jungle for a good hour or two, with Kai staying close by you. The canopy seems endless above you and the jungle heat starts to hit you a little bit. You're happy to see that your shorts fit in with your surroundings. While there sure is a lot of green, you're also wading through plenty of bright flowers. The jungle is pleasant place to be - ignoring, of course, the nigh unbearable heat and the constant shrieking sounds of the jungle. You listen carefully to them, trying to pick out any particular birds, but alas, they seem too scattered. Your focus drifts back to the path before you - wait, there's a path?

You step out of the weeds into a well worn path of packed dirt. Around you, you see it stretches on for a bit before turning into the jungle. And on a nearby tree, you see a symbol etched into the wood: A fish with three ovals intersecting the main island, all with a tight circle around it and 3 lines stretching upwards. The carvings don't seem to have rotted into the wood yet. With unease setting in, what will you do?

Connor: With the peak of the mountain reached, you take your last few steps on the long stairs and reach the rock structure of the Sea Altar. A stone platform greets you, carved in intricate curving patterns - the back wall, a set of rocky spires with water cascading down into the shallow pools. With your flowers in your hand, you can't help but notice two others who have climbed to the Peak - a girl with intensely orange skin wearing a breezy white top and shorts, and a pale girl beside her who certainly won't be pale for much longer, also wearing shorts and a tank top. Your expertise as a bartender lets you guess these girls are probably mid to low twenties, and definitely order fruity drinks with double the vodka.

You try to pay them no mind as you leave your offering, closing your eyes in focus. Their voices are loud at first, with fun statements like "Oh my gosh Beth, you're such a ditz!" and "Do these pools make you look blue or what?", but they fade away into absolute silence as your mind is filled over with the sound of rushing water and a low hum. You complete your prayer and stand, releasing your hands from the flowers. A sudden splash to your right distracts you from the altar as Beth, the pale girl, has slipped and caught herself with her arms half way in a pool of water. The other girl laughs and helps her up. "C'mon, let's get some pictures with the Altar!" She says, and Beth laughs at heself and pulls out her Pokegear - rose gold, of course.

They walk over to the Altar and stop when they see you. "Oh. Um. Are you like, done?" The orange skin girl says. "Your Ledyba are like, so cute by the way! I love them, so different from other bug types which are like, soooo gross." She looks at her nails and moves her hair from her face. Beth's Pokegear lets out a little beeping noise which she quickly taps on and starts typing. What will you do?

Lil'twick: The ship you are on could easily be described as modest. The rickety fishing boat is metal in some parts and wood in others, but you can't quite see the line due to the copious amounts of light green paint. The captain of the ship sits in a small closed off room, a portly greying man wearing classic fishing attire - plastic overalls, a yellow raincoat and hat, and green boots.

Captain Joe, his name you learned shortly before paying passage, poked his head out of the room. "Feelin' sick out there, kid? I've got a brown bag or two in here if ya need it!" He shouts out over the whirring motor in the back, and lets out a hearty laugh. The other two participants of this trip, two older men who sit on the other side of the boat, interrupt their conversation about ol' times with some snickering.

Eventually, the boat slows down and Captain Joe steps out after turning off the motor. "Here we are, gents! It's the ocean! The only one like it!" His Ampharos follows out, a shy one who stands above the hull a lot of the time, shining bright across the waves. He sets a small container of bait next to you on the bench next to a brown bag. "Hope ya feel better, kid. If you need anything, just ask. And sorry about the rough trip." He says to you, shrugging at the end. With everything you need with you to start fishing, what will you do?

Last edited by Toyo; 07-13-2017 at 09:20 PM.
Old 06-18-2017, 11:27 AM   #49
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:
Missingno. Master: "Of course, man. It's what we're here for." Jack says to you, smiling the whole way. He reaches under the counter and pulls out a pail of something foul smelling. He sifts through the tackles in the box as he talks to you. "Welcome to the lake, all of you. Talking Meowth is new, but. Weirder things have happened." He closes the box and reaches over the woman in her chair. She pokes him in the bellybutton and Jack flinches. The two giggle and Jack grabs the fishing line from above her on a shelf.

"There's a small few Corsola in the water I've seen. Something about this lake brings all sorts out, but nothing too rare like them very often. Try to keep Aster there under control, if you could." Jack reaches below the counter this time and you hear loud clicks and metal grinding against metal before a satisfying pop. He hops up above again with a shiny fishing rod, dented but well taken care of beside him. "So, whenever yo-" He starts off, before being cut off.

"Um. Hello?" The woman beside him says, holding her own fishing rod now without you noticing - a long piece of wood, bendy in her grip. "You took out the last kids. My turn!" She says, picking up his tackle box as she springs back. Grey hairs betray her age, but her agility gives the idea of youth.

"Maie! Those kids don't count! They stole my lures and took the boat themselves. I get to teach." Jack kisses her on the cheek, and she rolls her eyes. He goes to a door in the back and gestures to you. "Come on! Top fishing lessons in all the land. Good stuff this way." Jack smiles at you and turns around. Maie shrugs and flicks her hand towards the door, heading back to the counter and picking up what seems to be a Lure Ball. What will you do?
"Awesome," Keith grinned as Jack agreed to teach him a thing or two about fishing. He nodded in complete agreement at Jack's assessment on Meowth's talking abilities. Indeed, weirder things have happened. Way weirder. Keith was no stranger to the strange by this point, he knew this fact well enough. At Jack's warning about the potential presence of Corsola in the lake, Keith turned his attention to the Shiny Mareanie on his shoulder. Sure enough, Aster was starting to salivate at the thought of the irresistible crunch of Corsola coral. "Aster," Keith said warningly. "We've talked about this, haven't we?"

"M-Mareanie..." Aster murmured.

"Don't worry about it, Aster," Keith repiled, giving the Brutal Star Pokémon a reassuring smile. "Just remember what we talked about, keep your appetite in check, and we'll take you for a snack later on." The Mareanie brightened up at this promise- occasionally, Keith would take her on a walk along whatever beach they could find, and they'd gather up all the shed Corsola horns they could find for Aster to eat. An experience the Shiny Mareanie greatly enjoyed. She gave a small nod to Keith- she supposed she could resist the urge to take live prey if it meant another one of those walks later on.

However, it seemed as though Maie took issue with Jack's decision to take it upon himself to conduct these fishing lessons. Apparently, Jack had gotten the last one, though according to him, considering the previous ones merely stole the lures and went for a joyride (joyvoyage?) on the boat, they didn't count, considering he didn't get to do any actual teaching.

And it seemed as though it came down to Keith to decide who he wanted teaching him. He looked back and forth between the couple. "Oy," sighed Meowth, as he too realized that Keith was gonna have to make a choice that would more likely than not result in hurt feelings in someone.

Or would it? Keith considered this- he had no idea which of them would be a better teacher in regards to fishing, nor did he know who was in the right as far as the stance they were taking regarding whose turn it ought to be. He was never fond of having to make such decisions- this, in part, was why he eventually ended up declining the offer to join the Elite Four- for all the confidence the Trainers of Fizzytopia had in him, Keith was just really unsure as to whether he could really handle such heavy responsibility. Granted, this decision didn't seem nearly as weighty as the ones the Elite Four would have to make, but his unwillingness to take one side over another, it still clearly telegraphed one of the reasons he declined that opportunity. But... Keith thought about it- would it be possible to take a third option here? Find a solution that worked all around? Oftentimes he'd try to find such a compromise, try to pick a path that satisfied everyone concerned. He didn't always succeed, but by no means did that stop him from trying.

"Why not both of you?" he suggested. "Would that be possible? I'd be happy to learn from either one of you, and I'd hate for anyone to feel left out here."
Old 06-18-2017, 03:35 PM   #50
Sandaa
Volcano Badge

Quote:
Sandaa: The girl in yellow shakes her head. "No, he's just a department store manager. He gave up his gym run in Lilycove and found a job there." She says, reaching to pet Aero's wing a bit. The Mantine seems much happier without a kid pushing on his back, as the girl in pink has come around to her cousin's side and stands up proud.

"My dad's a professor! He's super smart, and he's kinda a fisherman! I think." She says. Her cousin, the girl in yellow, rolls her eyes, as she continues. "He studies beaches and pokemon in them. That's why he wanted to vacation here so bad! And he asked his brother to come, so Marissa and Joe came with them!"

Joe, the boy in his yellow trunks, looks up slightly from petting Aero as his name is mentioned. He looks to his sister in yellow, Marissa, sees that you are all engaged in some sort of important discussion, and shrugs. Marill, at this point, has begun to jump up in front of Joe, waving their tiny arms around and trying to get his attention. Yet, Joe is still respectfully devoting his attention to Aero, much to Marill's disappointment.

"Uncle Dennis isn't even a cool kind of professor! He just sits in a lab all day and writes papers with Clamperl." Marissa says, with a pouty lip. She stands up and looks at you. "They're sitting way over there if you wanna meet them. My dad's tough, but he's not that tough! He can go easy on you if you're SCARED!" She sticks her tongue out at you with her last word, a cheeky grin on her face. As standard schoolyard reverse psychology rears its head, what will you do?
As the children climbed off of Aero’s back and began to talk about their respective fathers, the Mantine let out a sigh of relief. Gary listened to the two girls and the boy ramble on, smiling as he humored them. The girl in yellow mentioned that her father was a department store manager, adding that he used to be a Pokemon trainer in the Hoenn region. Meanwhile, her cousin in pink stood up and announced that her father was a Pokemon professor as well as a fisherman. This seemed to catch Gary’s attention as he thought to himself, ’I wonder if I’ve read any of his research before…’

The girl in pink mentioned that her father was studying coastal ecosystems which was the purpose of their trip to this beach. As the girl in yellow added that her uncle wasn’t a cool professor because he only writes papers in his lab with a Clamperl, Gary couldn’t help but chuckle. To most people that would be quite boring, but to him, a flame of curiosity flickered in his head. The two cousins in yellow began their attempt at getting Gary to battle their dad by using reverse psychology, calling Gary’s cowardice into question, but the twenty-seven year old trainer wasn’t buying in. Right now, the marine biology graduate was much more interested in the professor than the department store manager. Letting out another chuckle, he replied, “Alright, alright, I can take some time to introduce myself to your dads. I can’t promise any battles though. Just like you guys, my Pokemon are on vacation too!” With that, Gary pulled out his Dive Ball and recalled Aero. He turned to face the children, waiting for them to lead the way.

~Fizzle Bubble~
FO:
NFC:
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out > Hall of Records