UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Entertainment

Closed Thread

Old 09-17-2012, 10:40 AM   #1676
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Send a message via AIM to Doppleganger
It was the top deck. Of the T1 decks (Inzektor, Dino Rabbit, Chaos Dragons and later HERO) Dino Rabbit mopped the floor with Inzektors and everything else. Chaos Dragons had the spam power to simply outlast DR, and that contributed to its popularity because Tour Guide and Rabbit before reprints were super expensive.

HERO in my view was a better deck than all of them, but it appeared late, only really gaining prominence with the appearance of Excalibur. VGM played a "Bubblebeat" deck earlier in the year, but it was much weaker than the monstrosity I used against kusari.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Concept View Post
Weird. As I said, most other relatively common decks (Six Sams, Ice Barriers, Dark World, etc etc) give me much more trouble (but then again I almost only ever use my frogs deck so maybe it's a deck specific thing).
Dino Rabbit's only weakness is if you can spam it with small combos. Unlike Synchros, XYZs have limited uses so you can exhaust their effects with enough cards. If you are a slow deck or a deck that relies on chain combos, Dino Rabbit is very good at disrupting you. Hieratic was helpless before Effect Veiler and Inzektors died against Laggia or Soul Taker.

So yes, Frogs would be a good matchup, because Laggia can only use its effect once.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて

Last edited by Doppleganger; 09-17-2012 at 10:44 AM.
Old 09-17-2012, 10:44 AM   #1677
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

Send a message via Skype™ to Concept
Yeah I believe you guys - most of you know the game better than I do, after all. Just relating my surprise as what used to be my default deck didn't have too much trouble with them compated to routinely getting kicked around by lower tier decks (my overall win rate with my frogs is pants).

EDIT the first:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppleganger View Post
Dino Rabbit's only weakness is if you can spam it with small combos. Unlike Synchros, XYZs have limited uses so you can exhaust their effects with enough cards. If you are a slow deck or a deck that relies on chain combos, Dino Rabbit is very good at disrupting you. Hieratic was helpless before Effect Veiler and Inzektors died against Laggia or Soul Taker.

So yes, Frogs would be a good matchup, because Laggia can only use its effect once.
Makes sense.

Last edited by Concept; 09-17-2012 at 10:51 AM.
Old 09-17-2012, 11:05 AM   #1678
Tyranidos
beebooboobopbooboobop

Send a message via AIM to Tyranidos Send a message via MSN to Tyranidos
Inzektors is a joke. Six Sams 4 lyfe
Old 09-17-2012, 11:11 AM   #1679
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Inzektors wouldn't have been funny with the Seal of Orichalcos coming out.

Remember how VGM was all, "lol if this card were real, it would make Inzektors even more broken!"

Well...
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 09-19-2012, 02:41 AM   #1680
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Just to emphasize how weak Dino Rabbit has become -

This was a game in which I went second, and my opponent pulled a first turn Laggia with two sets. I used Heavy Storm to bait Laggia, he used Solemn Judgment on Royal Decree, and I was able to setup. But I MST'd his Forbidden Lance and T.G. Hyper Librarian got hit with D-Prison after I Mind Controlled the inert Laggia.

(note that it's unusual for a Dino Rabbit player to run D-Prison)

Even with all those mistakes, I was able to completely overpower the deck and devastate his draws once the control environment was cracked. I got him to mill all his important cards - rabbit, Tour Guide/Sangan and Fiendish Chain. All he was drawing were useless vanilla monsters.

I got lucky though and he played Grand Mole. I had an RRR set, but I'd taken so much LP damage (1400 remaining) I could only use it against something small. And something small I used it on.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 10-21-2012, 12:30 AM   #1681
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

This card ain't so bad after-all.

あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 10-21-2012, 09:14 AM   #1682
unownmew
Banned

Send a message via MSN to unownmew
Not bad. I presume you summoned those synchro monsters from the graveyard after activating the seal?
Old 10-21-2012, 01:32 PM   #1683
quintowill
Soul Badge

Send a message via AIM to quintowill Send a message via MSN to quintowill Send a message via Yahoo to quintowill Send a message via Skype™ to quintowill
Stealing virtual souls lol.

Can dn support Silver Sentinel yet?

43ko 123tp 6.5 sp
Banner by KratosAurion

Note: banner is not up to date...
Old 10-21-2012, 02:50 PM   #1684
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Not yet I don't think.

The Seal isn't super useful, but it has a role in some situations. With a full field of five monsters, no matter what strength, that's 2500 extra damage.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 10-26-2012, 10:08 PM   #1685
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

I beat a guy running Quickdraw Turbo, which is reknown for having a 3-card Quasar combo...but if you can stop it, the deck has little offense.

The game wasn't even close once I hit Road Warrior, but the guy did have one more move in summoning Junk Destroyer. It hardly mattered.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 12-16-2012, 04:15 PM   #1686
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

I miss the days when UPN played this game. The format is a lot nicer than last time's, we could all have a blast again.

These days, duels for me up bullying guys like this-

あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 12-16-2012, 04:17 PM   #1687
phoopes
Double Dragon

Dopple, I challenge you to a d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-uel!
Old 02-10-2013, 06:47 AM   #1688
kusari
「Killer Queen No Prog」

Send a message via Skype™ to kusari
Kusari activates Monster Reborn and revives the thread in Attack Mode!

Just got off a series of duels using a Photon deck and Crystal Beast deck I threw together. Photon is brilliant and went 11-0. CB is not as great with a 6-3 record.

Were people on DN as big of dicks when we played before as they were tonight? I forgot Utopia Ray's "have to have 1000< life points" stipulation and he ended up calling an admin accusing me of cheating. Couldn't prove my case so the guy got a free win out of it. Seriously dickish. Not in a funny way like some of Talon's and Dopple's interactions with Randoms but in a "you're the worst kind of person" way.

Also, Wiki is telling me there is now a monster in the anime/games/some media called Garbage Eyes Fat Dragon. Jesus Fucking Christ. Konami, you have officially taken an awesome naming pattern (Red Eyes, Blue Eyes) and made it retarded.

Last edited by kusari; 02-10-2013 at 07:02 AM.
Old 02-10-2013, 08:47 AM   #1689
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

I'm still playing! The current format was nice and relaxing, but it's going to get stupid really soon. January would have been the best time for everyone to jump back in before dumb cards like "Judgment of the Spellbooks" get released. And I saw Kusari earlier today.

Just yesterday, I made a vainglorious shrine to myself.

This one is similar, but a bit more particular. The password is "Quasar".

Quote:
Originally Posted by kusari View Post
Were people on DN as big of dicks when we played before as they were tonight? I forgot Utopia Ray's "have to have 1000< life points" stipulation and he ended up calling an admin accusing me of cheating. Couldn't prove my case so the guy got a free win out of it. Seriously dickish. Not in a funny way like some of Talon's and Dopple's interactions with Randoms but in a "you're the worst kind of person" way.
It's variable.

From what I've found, DN's player-base can be roughly divided into four categories:

1) Meta players
2) Foreigners
3) Kids
4) Semi-casual players

The meta guys are the ones to watch out for, because they netdeck and are in general hard-arses. It's easy to spot them since they have high experience or rating, but sometimes they make dupe accounts. They will shark you whenever they can because dueling is just an ego trip for them.

On the flip side, it's very satisfying to humiliate or beat a meta deck player, because they're super sensitive to match with their inflated egos. I lost a match to a guy playing Constellar (right after I took this photo) and made a pretty good play where I used Mind Control on his Zenmaister, then blew up his two set S/Ts. One of them was Starlight Road, but I negated road with Stardust Dragon, leaving him with no cards on the field. I forfeited but he kept IMing me with insults/threats because he was so red faced over that play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kusari View Post
Also, Wiki is telling me there is now a monster in the anime/games/some media called Garbage Eyes Fat Dragon. Jesus Fucking Christ. Konami, you have officially taken an awesome naming pattern (Red Eyes, Blue Eyes) and made it retarded.
It's an anime-only card I think. Konami's basically treating YGO ZeXal like Toei treated Smile PreCure!, copying the nostalgia of older series without trying anything new or unique.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 02-15-2013, 08:49 AM   #1690
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

New ban-list has been leaked.

I'm disappointed Goyo Guardian wasn't moved up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shriek

Banned:
Sangan
Wind-Up Carrier Zenmaity

Limited:
Wind-Up Magician
One Day of Peace
Solemn Warning

Semi-Limited:
Tsukuyomi
Thunder King Rai-Oh
Advanced Ritual Art

Unlimited:
Spore
Blackwing - Kalut the Moon Shadow
Lumina, Lightsworn Summoner
Shien's Smoke Signal
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて

Last edited by Doppleganger; 02-15-2013 at 09:36 AM.
Old 02-20-2013, 08:56 PM   #1691
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

So six months ago, the biggest/nastiest decks that drove people away got killed, yet few from UPN continued to play YGO. I still did and found the new format to be rather fun, since even with some tough meta decks, if you built your deck right you could compete and not get frustrated.

With the upcoming list, and some stupid cards coming out, that's changing and it looks like a redux of last March. Namely, the new Spellbook card "Spellbook Judgment Day" really looks to blow things out of proportion. I was so afraid, I started including certain cards in my main deck out of fear I'd face Prophecy and get blown out.

That said, there are some things to look forward to. In the next YGO set, Synchro monsters are being released. And good ones! Check it -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yu-Gi-Oh! Wikia

Armades, Keeper of Illusions
2300/1500
Level 5/Light/Fiend

1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters
If this card attacks or is attacked, your opponent cannot activate cards or effects until the end of the Damage Step.

Mist Bird Clausolas
0/2300
Level 3/Wind/Winged-Beast

1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters
Once per turn: You can target 1 face-up monster your opponent controls; until the end of this turn, that monster's ATK becomes 0, and its effects are negated.
Armades is the Synchro counterpart to the annoying Rank 5 brothers, Tirias and Armadeus. He's a smaller combination of both, but his effect is insane. It basically means whenever he attacks or defends, the opponent can't use cards, but you the owner can. So, no more Mirror Forces, Dimensional Prisons, Inzektor Hornet triggers or even Mystic Tomato searches.

Clausolas is like a prehistoric Gusto and effect negation is great. Its defense is amazing and at Level 3, it allows for Synchro versatility I never had.

I'm probably going to duck out of DN until these cards come out. I don't want to deal with Judgment Day Prophecy.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて

Last edited by Doppleganger; 02-20-2013 at 09:03 PM.
Old 02-20-2013, 09:02 PM   #1692
Talon87
時の彼方へ

When does the next set (the one you are waiting for) come out?

That is too bad that we all joined at "the wrong time," but hey: it was fun while it lasted. Deoxys, Concept, Tuner, myself, you, even Unownmew ... a lot of people having a lot of fun with YGO cards. And I think, amongst ourselves, we managed to have quite a bit of fun in those first few weeks. Then some of you (*cough* you and kusari *cough cough*) got a bit too competitively-minded and it wasn't as fun for the rest of us with our shitty decks. Your deck, Doppel, was a living exercise in frustration. And Kusari's Inzektor deck was emblematic of why, as you've put it just now, last spring really was the wrong time for us to all sign up. Inzektors followed soon after with Dino Rabbits ... not fun times.
Old 02-20-2013, 09:18 PM   #1693
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon87 View Post
When does the next set (the one you are waiting for) come out?
April.

The set Lord of the Tachyon Galaxy came out either yesterday or a few days ago, and that's the set with Spellbook Judgment Day.

Even with these new cards, I'm still pretty darn scared of Prophecy. The deck was original and fun to watch, but now it's as stupid as Inzektor was. I don't want to say it's worse because it hasn't established any dominance yet, having just been born, but design-wise it's retarded.

Quote:
That is too bad that we all joined at "the wrong time," but hey: it was fun while it lasted. Deoxys, Concept, Tuner, myself, you, even Unownmew ... a lot of people having a lot of fun with YGO cards. And I think, amongst ourselves, we managed to have quite a bit of fun in those first few weeks. Then some of you (*cough* you and kusari *cough cough*) got a bit too competitively-minded and it wasn't as fun for the rest of us with our shitty decks. Your deck, Doppel, was a living exercise in frustration. And Kusari's Inzektor deck was emblematic of why, as you've put it just now, last spring really was the wrong time for us to all sign up. Inzektors followed soon after with Dino Rabbits ... not fun times.
My deck wasn't that good when I first stole it from YouTube. It was taken from a different format where a lot of the ideas wouldn't fly anymore. In fact, the current edition looks only vaguely similar to that original, and the objectives are entirely different. My original was focused around bringing out Shooting Star Dragon and attacking aggressively. The current one is more control-oriented and focuses around Stardust Dragon and T.G. Hyper Librarian.

I was bad for a long time. Remember, while I've been a long-time MTG and Pokemon TCG player, I'd never played YGO before. I went in with just anime knowledge and I wasn't very good up until June. Then I started to make smarter deck changes and got a lot more competitive, because I was proud of what I built. I remember I played you randomly and you summoned Gungnir, and I just killed it easily because it was by itself.

As far as the format is concerned, from what I've read, that January-February we all played in the tail-end of one of the game's best formats ever, the Plant format. It was the last spring of Synchro monsters before Konami decided to kill everything to push XYZ. Even more, March 2012 was when Konami started this trend to developing "instant meta", or decks that were designed to dominate the format and get children to spend hundreds of dollars so they won't lose in the first three turns, of the first three rounds, in a tournament.

Prior to that, Konami developed heavily supported archetype decks (based off Duel Terminal), but they weren't that powerful on their own. And before that, they basically only remade anime cards (GX ~ early 5D's).

Still, last September through now was eons better. There was a lot of deck diversity and skill levels. I'm disappointed that fewer players didn't rise from hibernation to play recently, because now it's too late. It looks so fearsome even I might go away for a while.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 02-20-2013, 09:23 PM   #1694
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

Send a message via Skype™ to Concept
Doppel how would my Frog & Nimble decks fare these days d'you reckon?

Also do I hear that Messenger has been limited? Would make my stall burn deck rather sad.
Old 02-20-2013, 09:33 PM   #1695
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Quote:
Doppel how would my Frog & Nimble decks fare these days d'you reckon?
I don't remember your deck with much clarity, although I saw it in action a few times, but I don't think it'll do very well against some decks, and decently against others.

I remember last year, Kusari was the only one who ran a Macro deck, and it was pretty tough to face. Well, every competitive deck now is running Macro Cosmos just to survive decks like Prophecy and Merlanteans. Even if those decks get hurt badly by Macro Cosmos, the fact that they cripple those other decks makes it a necessary evil.

Evilswarm is probably the worst matchup you could face. They always put out an Evilswarm Ophion, and Ophion has what Evolzar Laggia never did...ridiculous support cards. One of their cards is basically "your monsters are unaffected by spells/traps this turn", allowing them to turn Torrential Tribute into Raigeki, and the other one is like a double Compulsory Evacuation Device.

Quote:
Also do I hear that Messenger has been limited? Would make my stall burn deck rather sad.
You mean One Day of Peace? Yeah it's been hit, and all Exodia/stall/burn decks are weaker because of it.

Burn might actually see a return to form now because of decks like Prophecy, which rend monster based decks but have trouble against anything that's chainable.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 02-23-2013, 04:07 PM   #1696
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

I got my first look at the scariest card ever.

Luckily, the guy playing it wasn't very good, and I did what you're supposed to do against a Prophecy player using it (that is, OTK them). Still, it sent shivers just to see him drop it.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 02-23-2013, 04:13 PM   #1697
Talon87
時の彼方へ

You and your 8,000 damage in one swing and that is nearly impossible to prevent once you've gotten it out there. >_>
Old 02-23-2013, 04:23 PM   #1698
kusari
「Killer Queen No Prog」

Send a message via Skype™ to kusari
Prophecy is Tier 0 in Japan right now for a reason. I watched a guy go +10 in a single turn with one Judgement Day. Honestly, the scariest part of that card is that its a common in the pack it was released in meaning fucking everyone is going to have one. Unless they change it for the English release.
Old 02-23-2013, 04:52 PM   #1699
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Quote:
You and your 8,000 damage in one swing and that is nearly impossible to prevent once you've gotten it out there. >_>
If I didn't OTK Prophecy, I would have lost. That's how ridiculous Judgment Day is.

It's basically, "draw 6 cards, then special summon Dark Magician from your deck". And you get to choose the six cards you draw, and you do this EVERY TURN.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 02-23-2013, 05:01 PM   #1700
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppleganger View Post
If I didn't OTK Prophecy, I would have lost. That's how ridiculous Judgment Day is.

It's basically, "draw 6 cards, then special summon Dark Magician from your deck". And you get to choose the six cards you draw, and you do this EVERY TURN.
Seems just as overpowered as your thing as far as "how well can I lock my opponent out of a win now that I have gotten going?", but a lot less fair because it's a lot easier to pull off. Yours actually has a failure window (although one that is hardly what I'd call wide >_>) whereas this ... unless they can negate the spell card THAT TURN, they're good to go for the rest of the match.
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Entertainment