UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Anime

Old 01-10-2014, 12:39 PM   #1
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Umbreon Full Moon wo Sagashite

Image Source: AnimeNewsNetwork

12-year-old Mitsuki Kouyama dreams of becoming a singer. However, she is diagnosed with throat cancer, preventing her from singing above a whisper. One day, two Shinigami come and tell her she has only one year left to live. This makes her more determined than ever to achieve her goal before time runs out, so that her voice may reach her childhood sweetheart in America. With the help of her new magical friends, she transforms into a healthy 16-year-old and passes an audition. As she works hard to earn her place at the top of the charts, she also struggles for love... And life.
lilboocorsola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 12:54 PM   #2
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey Characters

Mitsuki Kouyama:

A young girl with a talent for singing, but is sadly too sick to do so. Her life changes when two Shinigami arrive and help her on the path to becoming an idol, in exchange for coming with them at the end of one year.

Kira Takuto:

A new Shinigami-in-training. By giving Mitsuki a drop of his blood to swallow, he can transform her at any time into her "Full Moon" persona with a snap of his fingers. Takes the form of a cat.

Yui Meroko:

Takuto's partner and senior Shinigami. Though often jealous of Mitsuki's relationship with Takuto, she helps support Mitsuki by pretending to be her while she's at work to hide the secret from Mitsuki's grandmother, who hates music. Also takes the form of a rabbit.

(Images source: MyAnimeList)
Old 01-10-2014, 01:28 PM   #3
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey General Thoughts

Full Moon wo Sagashite, or Searching for a Full Moon, is one of the first (subbed) animé I saw when I myself was about the same age as the protagonist. It left a deep impression on me and remains as one of my favorites to this day. It is a long, slow series, with a lot of filler in the beginning, but the ending is worth it IMO. It is also one of the few shows that convinced me to check out the manga, which takes a much different direction. Both are excellent and heartfelt in their own ways, although I would definitely recommend watching the animé first or you will probably be disappointed by all the changes.

I suppose it should be noted for members of this board that the author of the manga is Arina Tanemura, the same person who did Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne. While I've not seen either the show or read the manga (and the two could be different as in this case for all I know), please do not let that put you off Full Moon. From what I've gathered, it's a different sort of tale altogether, and the main problem with Jeanne isn't present here. This is obviously intended for much younger (female) audiences, despite the tragedy behind its premise. It's been a long time since I last re-watched the series, as I stopped and put it down once the finale no longer gave me an emotional high. I'm not sure how well it holds up for older males or even myself years later, but I hope you will check it out and experience some of the same enjoyment I did back when I was first exposed to its adorable and sincerely affectionate story.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Anime