UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > Secret Bases

Old 02-18-2020, 02:17 PM   #1
sixdragons_in_atrenchcoat
Thunder Badge

Goomy Oasis Base, Home of Dragons

Tucked away in the heart of the desert lies a beautiful oasis, brimming with greenery and life. Built into the oasis itself are a cluster of buildings, clay and stone wound around and on the trees to form unusual shapes. This is Oasis Base, welcome to any who can survive the trip.

Oasis Central Pool

At the heart of the Oasis is a small park for Pokémon. Centered around a perfectly circular pool, grass and small trees grow even more plentifully here. Dracen's Goomy can be found in the pool, most likely asleep. Don't worry, the water is still completely drinkable. Visitors start here. Please reply in deepskyblue.

The Dragonforge

This is the largest building in the Oasis, and home to brothers Dracen and Cy.
Each has their own apartment on the second floor, identical and complete with bedroom, living room, kitchen and bathroom. Dracen's Gible can be found in his living room.
The Dragonforge is named for the massive forge that takes up most of the first floor. In the center is an iron anvil, charred black by years of use. Tables of junk line one wall, tools another. At the back of the room burns a huge furnace full of melted slag and hot coals. It serves a double purpose now as the home of Dracen's Sizzlipede. The room is swelteringly hot, even for the desert.
On the other side of the first-floor hall is the "laboratory", where Dracen tinkers with any junk he can't forge. It consists of a few whiteboards, a slew of scattered desks and tables covered in sketchpads and half-finished contraptions, and a web-spun hammock in the corner that Cy's Wurmple made for himself. Wurmple spends his days here, observing Dracen.
Please reply in red.

Guest Hall

Across the Central Pool from the Dragonforge is the Guest Hall, a simple building with an apartment identical to Dracen's and Cy's. There is an extra room for Pokémon to sleep and play in, with toys, food and beds. Cy's Espurr can be found waiting here to show guests their rooms and to help nervous Pokémon settle in. Please reply in gray.

The Cavernous Coliseum

The smallest building in the Oasis, the Coliseum is only one room, with a single large book on an endtable, and a set of stairs leading underground. The book is for recording battles.
The Cavern of Battles is an enormous cave, longer than it is wide and littered with small pools of water. It is lit blue by a single large lantern in the center, reflected by the pools. This is where Dracen and Cy hold battles, with each other or guests. Cy's Paras is often lurking here, eating anything that moves and will fit in its mouth. Please reply in darkslateblue.

Welcome to weary travelers!
Open For RP!

Cy, Bug Trainer

FB Profile

Last edited by sixdragons_in_atrenchcoat; 02-18-2020 at 02:37 PM.
sixdragons_in_atrenchcoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 02:20 PM   #2
Thunder Badge

Placeholder post for rules.

Cy, Bug Trainer

FB Profile
Old 02-18-2020, 05:10 PM   #3
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

The Fizzytopian Desert. A vast, barren wasteland in the heart of the Fizzytopia region, devoid of any semblance of activity or excitement.

...usually.

"It's getting away!" Eddie Starmie exclaimed as he raced through the wide open expanse as fast as his skinny frame could go, eyes locked onto the odd blocky creature zipping through the air ahead of him. It was small and vaguely square-shaped, with smaller rectangular protrusions coming from its underside. The entire creature was a dark shade of purple, just about a perfect match to Eddie's shirt. As Eddie pursued the creature, he had his Pokédex out and pointed at the energetic being. Normally, Pokédexes didn't really register beings such as this, but then again, most Pokédexes generally didn't have an upgrade developed by cryptopokologists.

".4, the Vital Spirit Pokémon. A Pokémaniac-type," droned the device. "Constantly brimming with energy, it speeds across the land, letting off excess energy in the form of harmless explosions."

"I've got to catch it!" Eddie declared, throwing a Poké Ball. "Gigawatt, go get it!" And in a flash of light, the Voltorb materialized, rolling at a high speed, keeping pace with the .4 much better than its Trainer could.

"VOLTORB, VOLTORB," droned Gigawatt, causing .4 to give a surprised squeal and zip about in several directions almost all at once, before getting the picture that a battle was inevitable. Dive-bombing Gigawatt, .4 exploded three times in quick succession, and judging by the way it flew back up into the air afterwards, the strange creature wasn't harmed by any of these blasts.

"Fascinating- that must be TM28, .4's special attack!" breathed Eddie. "Alright, Gigawatt, it's our turn! Thunderbolt, now!"

"VOLTORB. VOLLLL... TOOOOOOOORB!" Gigawatt droned, letting loose a powerful bolt of lightning. .4 shrieked as its blocky form lit up like a Christmas tree, but as the attack stopped, it seemed no less energetic.

"No letup!" Eddie encouraged his Electric-type. "Now give it the Spark attack!"

"VOLTORBVOLTORBVOLTORB," droned Gigawatt, rolling faster and faster as electricity crackled all around it. Then, it deliberately rolled over a small stone, causing it to jump up into the air, headed right towards .4... who immediately took on a reddish aura that repelled the Voltorb like it was nothing. Gigawatt landed pitifully on the rocky terrain, reeling from the Counter it had just taken.

Eddie had to act fast- no doubt .4 would attempt to make good its escape, and Gigawatt was too stunned to react in time. "OK! Great Ball- initiate capture mode!" he exclaimed, heaving the blue and white sphere. It struck .4 and sucked it inside, clattering on the ground as it started to wobble back and forth... but it only shook twice before glowing red cracks started to form all over the ball. Eddie hastily backed up as the Great Ball exploded, letting the .4 back out. "Darn! The Pokémon broke free!" Eddie groaned. Before he or Gigawatt could do anything, .4 fled the scene with great haste, its form but a purple blur moving so fast it seemed to disappear completely because Eddie blinked at the wrong moment.

"VOLTORB..." Gigawatt murmured sadly as it rolled back over to Eddie.

"Ah... it's fine, Gigawatt," Eddie said, scooping up the Voltorb in his hand. Taking the cue, Gigawatt shrunk down with a whirring sound, until it was the size of a full-sized Poké Ball. "We should seek some shelter and rest up before heading back, I think," Eddie stated, glancing around. He stopped once he saw a speck of green in the distance. "Ah! How fortuitous- it looks as though there's an oasis that way," he smiled. "Come, Gigawatt," he added, heading off towards the oasis, praying to X-x that he wasn't just seeing a mirage.
Old 02-18-2020, 06:26 PM   #4
Prof.Enigma
Enraptured by Enigmatics

It had been quite some time since Drake had last been out in the desert. And the last time he had done so, he was looking for a fabled trio of pokemon in a pyramid in his home universe.

Drake came prepared to this desert and only brought a handful of pokemon with him, and he left Wolfe at home due to this heat and the fact that he hasn't gotten a good fur trim.

While Drake was wandering about the desert looking for places were Purity could have set new base up, he came across this oasis. And much to his surprise he came across a goomy in the oasis itself...
Surely a dragon type like this which prefers wetlands is out of place here.

Drake thought about trying to catch it so he could take it to a better wetland but he was indecisive and stood there clutching a pokeball

FB Profile | Memakyu - Emakiss | Affinity Avenu | Come check out my Pokemon battling server!

Hey! You! Yeah, you! Do you like Pokémon RPGs? Want to go on an epic adventure with Pokémon of your own, catching new Pokémon as you go, trading Pokémon and items with helpful and friendly members of a wonderful community? If you said yes to any of that, or even just thought about saying yes to any of that, then join the Fizzy Bubbles RPG! The longest-running online Pokémon RPG known to man or Mankey!
Prof.Enigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 06:53 PM   #5
Thunder Badge

Dracen rushed out of the lab, gripping his newest contraption. "CY! You have to see this!" His brother came downstairs, toothbrush still in his mouth. "Your hair's a mess."
"So's yours."
"You weren't just in bed."
"I've been working. "
"No duh... What'cha got there?"
"I've developed a new tool for the forge!"
Neat. Somebody's trying to steal your Goomy, by the way."
"What?" Dracen whipped around and rushed out the open door, dropping the device on a bookshelf on his way out. Cy shrugged and went back upstairs.
Dracen waved to get the stranger's attention. "Hey! How did you get out here? The, uh, the Goomy's mine by the way. " Goomy burbled at the edge of the pool and wandered over to Dracen's leg, slumping over and falling asleep on his foot. As Dracen awaited the stranger's answer, he caught a glimpse of an approaching figure. Two guests in one day... That's something you don't see a lot of.

Cy, Bug Trainer

FB Profile
Old 02-18-2020, 07:10 PM   #6
Prof.Enigma
Enraptured by Enigmatics

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixdragons_in_atrenchcoat View Post
Dracen rushed out of the lab, gripping his newest contraption. "CY! You have to see this!" His brother came downstairs, toothbrush still in his mouth. "Your hair's a mess."
"So's yours."
"You weren't just in bed."
"I've been working. "
"No duh... What'cha got there?"
"I've developed a new tool for the forge!"
Neat. Somebody's trying to steal your Goomy, by the way."
"What?" Dracen whipped around and rushed out the open door, dropping the device on a bookshelf on his way out. Cy shrugged and went back upstairs.
Dracen waved to get the stranger's attention. "Hey! How did you get out here? The, uh, the Goomy's mine by the way. " Goomy burbled at the edge of the pool and wandered over to Dracen's leg, slumping over and falling asleep on his foot. As Dracen awaited the stranger's answer, he caught a glimpse of an approaching figure. Two guests in one day... That's something you don't see a lot of.

"Well, I got here by roaming about the desert.
Oh and... Apologies i assumed the Goomy was wild. Its just so odd to see one put here in a desert of all places."

Drake put away his pokeball and approached Dracen with his hand extended for greeting.
"My Name is Drake, what is your name if i may ask?"

Up close you could see this man was a giant and loomed over most people, and was built like a Ursaring in terms of bulk and sheer hariness on his arms that you could see. His Gogoggles kept his eyes a tinted orange but couldn't dim the kindess that radiated from them.

Just then a totodile sprang from a pokeball on Drakes belt and ran up and around you and Drake before Jumping into the oasis.
"Sobek why... " Drake seemed as if this wasn't the first time Sobek had done such a thing and that Drake was unable to get him to listen due to him being constantly on the move.

FB Profile | Memakyu - Emakiss | Affinity Avenu | Come check out my Pokemon battling server!

Hey! You! Yeah, you! Do you like Pokémon RPGs? Want to go on an epic adventure with Pokémon of your own, catching new Pokémon as you go, trading Pokémon and items with helpful and friendly members of a wonderful community? If you said yes to any of that, or even just thought about saying yes to any of that, then join the Fizzy Bubbles RPG! The longest-running online Pokémon RPG known to man or Mankey!
Old 02-18-2020, 07:16 PM   #7
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

As Eddie approached, he became more and more convinced that this was in fact not a mirage. He was approaching a real desert oasis, and what was more, there were people there! One figure stood with a Goomy falling asleep on his foot, and the other one was freaking huge. From a distance, Eddie initially mistook him for an Ursaring, and even as he got closer he wasn't 100% certain. Awkwardly he approached in silence, maintaining something of a distance, though still attempting to stand in the shade, not willing to interrupt the conversation between two people he didn't even know.
Old 02-18-2020, 07:18 PM   #8
Thunder Badge

Dracen smiled. "That's how most people get here... Oh, you're fine. I'd have made the same mistake."
Drake introduced himself, and Dracen almost laughed. "You're Drake? Funny that, I'm Dracen!" A Totodile, apparently named Sobek, then let himself out of his Pokeball and jumped into the Central Pool. Drake scolded his Pokémon and tried to fish Sobek out, but Dracen waved him off. "Oh, he's fine. The central park is for Pokémon, after all! Would you like to stay awhile? It's wise to take a break if you're going to go back in the desert."
Suddenly, Dracen felt someone watching him. He turned to see the other stranger hanging back, away from the Pool. "Hello there! Come along, we don't bite... well most of us don't!"

Cy, Bug Trainer

FB Profile
Old 02-18-2020, 07:24 PM   #9
Prof.Enigma
Enraptured by Enigmatics

Quote:
Dracen smiled. "That's how most people get here... Oh, you're fine. I'd have made the same mistake."
Drake introduced himself, and Dracen almost laughed. "You're Drake? Funny that, I'm Dracen!" A Totodile, apparently named Sobek, then let himself out of his Pokeball and jumped into the Central Pool. Drake scolded his Pokémon and tried to fish Sobek out, but Dracen waved him off. "Oh, he's fine. The central park is for Pokémon, after all! Would you like to stay awhile? It's wise to take a break if you're going to go back in the desert.

"Sure I'll stay awhile, but it also appears im not your only guest today,"
After Drake stood back up he saw this rather small... Child? Approach from a different side of the desert than he did and who looked as if he just got done chasing down something, for his hair appeared to be covered in sand and there were smudges on his face

"Hey there, uhh this is.... Drake turned to Dracen, " what was this place called again?

Anyhow welcome.... I guess. Im Drake "

Drake extended his big rather paw like hand to the little child he thought this new person was.

Sobek playfully shot some water at Goomy from inside the Central Pool, trying to entice the goomy to play with him

Old 02-18-2020, 07:35 PM   #10
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

As Eddie was noticed, he took a deep breath, for now their attention was on him. They seemed nice, at least, and he shook the large man's hand when he offered it. "Yes. Thank you," the teenager replied as they welcomed him. "Sorry to interrupt the two of you. My name is Edward Starmie- you can call me Eddie, I actually kinda prefer that- I was chasing a rare Pokémon, and the pursuit led me quite far into the desert. I was hoping we could rest here a while?" he asked. "This is Gigawatt, by the way- he's quite tame, no need to worry," he added, holding up his other hand, where the sphere he held enlarged itself and turned around so they could see the Voltorb's eyes.

"VOLTORB, VOLTORB," droned Gigawatt, giving the closest approximation of a polite nod a perfect sphere could muster.
Old 02-18-2020, 07:38 PM   #11
Thunder Badge

Drake awkwardly welcomed the newcomer, and Dracen filled in the gaps. "This is Oasis Base, the Home of Dragons. You're welcome to stay as long as you want! We have a place for battles, a guest house, and plenty of food for humans and Pokémon!"
The new stranger - named Eddie, apparently - introduced himself and his Voltorb, and explained his situation. "Of course you can stay! Cool Voltorb, by the way!"

Goomy started awake from Sobek's spray of water, and shot his own Water Gun back playfully. He crawled back into the Pool and began lazily swimming around after the Totodile.

Cy, Bug Trainer

FB Profile
Old 02-20-2020, 04:38 AM   #12
Prof.Enigma
Enraptured by Enigmatics

Quote:
Drake awkwardly welcomed the newcomer, and Dracen filled in the gaps. "This is Oasis Base, the Home of Dragons. You're welcome to stay as long as you want! We have a place for battles, a guest house, and plenty of food for humans and Pokémon!"
The new stranger - named Eddie, apparently - introduced himself and his Voltorb, and explained his situation. "Of course you can stay! Cool Voltorb, by the way!"

Goomy started awake from Sobek's spray of water, and shot his own Water Gun back playfully. He crawled back into the Pool and began lazily swimming around after the Totodile.

Drake had to do a literal double take as he wasn't aware normal Voltorb could shrink and enlarge themselves naturally without using moves.... But he recovered pretty quickly because not much shocked him these days that could keep him stunned.

"Nice to meet you Eddie" Drake had pegged him as a child but he was actually older than he thought, as was Dracen much to his surprise.
Sobek was playing and getting along swimmingly with the goomy so Drake was content to leave the dile for a while because that child was easily monitored when it had playmates around.

Might as well stay for at least a little bit and rest up, Drake thought and soon thought about how he could use some food....

"Im a tad emberassed to ask this but can i request some food? A specific partner of mine Gobbled my packed food down" Drake said with some emphasis because it was rather obvious that Sobek ate the food, and didn't care, nor hear his trainers remark.

Old 02-20-2020, 09:26 PM   #13
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Eddie adjusted his glasses as Drake and Dracen welcomed him, the latter inviting him to stay as long as he needed, get food for both himself and his Pokémon, while the former showed obvious surprise at Gigawatt's size-changing capabilities. "Ah, I see Gigawatt's surprised you there," chuckled Eddie. "You see, Voltorb are born from Poké Balls overloaded with electricity. In fact, Gigawatt here came to be when an experiment of mine caused countless volts to run through a Poké Ball. You see, Voltorb retain the ball's capability to change size to an extent- how else do you think such a large sphere can so effectively camouflage itself as a discarded Poké Ball?" he inquired. Then, he turned back to Dracen. "We accept your offer, thank you," he replied. "Gigawatt generally only consumes electricity, but does appreciate more physical forms of sustenance as well."

"VOLTORB, VOLTORB," added Gigawatt, nodding in agreement.

"And I'm certain my other Pokémon would greatly appreciate some food as well," he added, setting Gigawatt down on the ground before plucking two more Poké Balls off his belt and throwing them in the air. From each ball emerged a Pokémon twice as large as was normal for their kind- a Weedle with a jet-black tail stinger, and a Togedemaru. The Togedemaru began conversing with Gigawatt, while the Weedle simply looked around. Upon spotting Drake, she gave a polite, respectful bow, recognizing him.

"This is Hermione, my Weedle, and Battery, my Togedemaru," Eddie was saying. "Actually, when it comes to preparing food, I'm certain Hermione could help out. She's really quite an incredible cook."
Old 02-21-2020, 12:45 PM   #14
Thunder Badge

Eddie talked about his Voltorb for a while before bringing out his other Pokémon, a large Togedemaru and an equally large Weedle with a black stinger. He and Drake both accepted the offer of food, with Eddie offering to help cook - or rather, to let his Weedle help cook. Drake lamented that his Totodile had eaten all his food, and Dracen grinned. "Trust me, I've got some experience with that. Come on, I'll introduce you to my brother, we'll get you some food, and then I can show you around!" He turned to Eddie. "You too. I can show you our lab after we eat!"

Cy, Bug Trainer

FB Profile
Old 02-25-2020, 08:40 PM   #15
Prof.Enigma
Enraptured by Enigmatics

Quote:
Eddie talked about his Voltorb for a while before bringing out his other Pokémon, a large Togedemaru and an equally large Weedle with a black stinger. He and Drake both accepted the offer of food, with Eddie offering to help cook - or rather, to let his Weedle help cook. Drake lamented that his Totodile had eaten all his food, and Dracen grinned. "Trust me, I've got some experience with that. Come on, I'll introduce you to my brother, we'll get you some food, and then I can show you around!" He turned to Eddie. "You too. I can show you our lab after we eat!"

Drake was quite fixated on the voltorb. Unbeknownst to Eddie or Dracen, Drake wasn't from this world, or this universe really. He came from an alternative reality.

What was known as Kartarna here were among the first pokemon in his home world along with many many more natural unknown pokemon than this reality has or had. Man Made pokemon simply didn't exist... Well that wasn't quite true but they were so Rare in his home world it was like finding a dimond in a tree.

Drake soon snapped out of his bewilderment look and just nodded at what Eddie said, then followed Dracen silently, but not before he smiled and nodded at Hermione the Weedle who he did in fact know and recognize.

"I'm not too shabby a cook myself, however I didn't bring any Pokemon that could help" Drake stated when Eddie said Hermione would be willing to help.
He just felt odd and probably seemed odd since his amazment at Gigawatt, so he wasn't sure if he said what he thought he did and if it came across as a offer to help...

Old 02-26-2020, 01:34 AM   #16
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Eddie smiled, adjusting his glasses. "We'd appreciate that greatly, thank you," he said to Dracen, before turning to see Hermione and Drake recognizing each other. "Hm? Hermione, do you know him?" he asked.

"Weedle, Weedle," Hermione nodded in response, crawling back over to Eddie and up onto his shoulder.

"Ah, I see- then you no doubt are acquainted with Keith Masters, correct?" Eddie said to Drake. "I met him a little over a week ago, though I've heard of him long before that- he's somewhat well-known in the cryptopokology community. He's even graciously volunteered to help me build a laboratory at Sludge Wave Coast, and it's been coming along beautifully," he smiled. "And not long after our meeting, Hermione was very much intrigued by my cryptopokology research, and sought to help me with it. She joined my team, with Keith's blessing, though it wasn't until I encountered Battery that I came to realize how powerful Hermione truly is."

"Togedemardemar!" piped up Battery, waving jovially at Drake.

Gigawatt, meanwhile, had rolled back over to its Trainer and was gently rolling into him to nudge him. "VOLTORB, VOLTORB," it droned.

"Ah- quite right, Gigawatt," nodded Eddie. "We should follow Dracen, especially when the alternative is spending more time in the scorching desert heat, yes?" And he got ready to do just that.
Old 08-01-2022, 12:53 PM   #17
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

The Fizzytopian Desert. A vast, barren wasteland, blanketed in coarse sand, and constantly subjected to brutal sunlight. A daunting prospect for the most seasoned of travelers to traverse, and yet, traverse it some did in the hopes of finding rare Pokémon. And make no mistake about it, sometimes there were some rare Pokémon to be found out in these parts.

Indeed, today, a pair of Trainers could be seen wandering this searing, sunny sandscape, a brother and sister, each with a Pokémon of their own out and about. The boy, a bespectacled teenager, glancing about every so often to check their surroundings, while his Drowzee seemed to be employing a combination of Poison Gas and Confusion to give them the mercy of cloud cover. The Confusion was, of course, to ensure the Poison Gas didn't blow away, or worse, get inhaled by anyone. It wasn't complete relief from the forbidding desert conditions, but it was better than nothing, by far.

The girl, meanwhile, was intently eyeing the landscape, poking the terrain before her with the end of the handle of her Butterfree net, seemingly disappointed whenever it didn't sink into the sand. Her body glitched and flickered intermittently as though afflicted by some manner of real world graphical error, but if her lack of reaction to this was anything to go by, it seemed to cause her no physical discomfort. By her side there walked a Pinsir, who occasionally glanced up to ensure that his Trainer was being shielded properly by Remy's Poison Gas cloud, and hissing in an advisory tone of voice to aforementioned Drowzee whenever it wasn't looking right, so that he could fix it. The Pinsir himself seemed to be fine, however, feeling right at home in the arid environment- as a Pinsir, Crusher couldn't stand the cold, so this was honestly pretty decent.

"Still no luck?" the boy inquired after some time.

The girl shook her head. "No sign of a Trapinch trap anywhere yet, Eddie," she reported. "Crusher, can you see anything?" she asked her Pinsir.

"Sssssir," Crusher shook his head.

"If I'm being honest, ZZLZZ, I'm slightly surprised Trapinch appeals to you so," Eddie confessed. "It's not a Bug-type, after all."

"Oh, I know," nodded ZZLZZ. "What I don't get is why, though! It's so buglike, I really can't believe it's not Ground and Bug or something! I really wanna catch one, it'd be so cool, especially when it evolves into Flygon, those are so beautifu-" She trailed off, however, as she gave a dry cough.

"OK, I think it's time for more water," Eddie stated, reaching into his bag, his expression faltering as he continued to search. Eventually he pulled it wide open and actually looked inside. "...we're out of Fresh Water," he groaned. "I could have sworn we packed more..."

"O-oh, no, what'll we do, Eddie?" ZZLZZ murmured, worried. As if to punctuate the severity of their current predicament, she coughed again, her throat dry as a Cubone.

"I... Let me see where we are," Eddie murmured, glancing around. Finally, his eyes settled on a speck of green in the distance. "...Yes!" he breathed. "We're in luck, ZZLZZ- I think I recognize that oasis from the last time I was out here! Come on, let's go!" And with that, Eddie led his thirsty little sister determinedly in the direction of the oasis. Remy and Crusher kept up, the Drowzee determinedly keeping the Poison Gas cloud overhead, at a safe distance, but still close enough to provide shade from the brutal sunlight, while the Pinsir regarded his Trainer with no small amount of concern.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > Secret Bases