UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Anime

Old 07-18-2015, 09:38 PM   #126
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Amazing! Though when I first saw your post, I thought I'd be finding you in the library with a special lady friend playing Miss Atsuko! I got so excited, and had completely forgotten about what you'd mentioned the last time I brought this up. But still! This is really cool! You really nailed it! Only thing missing really is the hair -- yours is a lot shorter right now than Hosaka's, especially in the back. But a) I don't expect you to change your hairstyle over this and b) that's nothing a good wig couldn't fix for cosplaying purposes! So basically you're set! Oh man, you should totally try this out at an anime convention and see how many people recognize you! prooooooooooobably not try this out in public. hahaha
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2015, 10:09 PM   #127
McSweeney
Soul Badge

Yeah that's true, hair length fell a bit short. I just couldn't take it anymore! Birds were beginning to use my head as a nest. The back length was actually pretty decent, I just needed to "fluff it out" more.

Smoking Gary sez:
"Stay in school kidz"
McSweeney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 06:07 AM   #128
Talon87
時の彼方へ

I've been relistening to "Colorful Days", the first Minami-ke ending theme song, a lot recently. And while listening to it the other day, after being a fan of both the series and song for eight years, I finally realized something about the song.

Ayako's lyrics are a bit off and poorly structured IMO. Gtg though so don't have time to explain. Just disclaiming that I realize!

The ED opens with visuals of Kana and some song lyrics for audio. Then it shows Chiaki, and sings more song lyrics. Then it shows Haruka, and we have more song lyrics. Finally, we have all three sisters watching the stars at night. So far, so fine. Nothing new here. Each of stanza of the song lyrics suits the girl it's been matched up with. Right?

However ...! While the visuals are of Kana, then Chiaki, and finally Haruka, the audio is of Satou Rina (Haruka), then Inoue Marina (Kana), and then Chihara Minori (Chiaki). Still, you may say. So what? So the "wrong sister" is singing to the wrong part. What difference does it make?

Well, when I noticed that Chihara Minori (Chiaki) was singing Haruka's part, I suddenly realized, "... What if the song lyrics aren't necessarily supposed to be the girl who is on screen singing about herself? What if they're supposed to be the feelings of the character whose voice actress is singing ... and the reason they've been placed against another sister's visuals is because that's the sister she looks up to / admires / is singing about? "

Without confirmation from Sensei, it doesn't work so well with the first two stanzas imo. Haruka's never really indicated that Kana is the sort of person she wishes she could be, and the second bit with Kana singing about Chiaki is hard to make sense out of as well. Maybe. I mean, you can do it. But the thing is, that third stanza works so well for Chiaki singing about Haruka-neesama. I've always interpreted the line -- for eight years! -- as Haruka singing herself about how she hopes to become a model adult. But what if it's been Chiaki singing all along -- as it literally has been? -- and the "adult I admire/look up to" she's been singing about has been none other than Haruka?
Old 09-11-2015, 09:47 PM   #129
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Last night, I was looking for more stuff related to Minami-ke music. And I happened upon this music video starring Ono Daisuke, Hosaka's voice actor. The video and song are 95% up Hosaka's alley for a Hosaka fantasy. I say "95%" only because Hosaka clearly has no need for other women in his fantasies, nor would he entertain their advances even if they were there: he has eyes only for Minami Haruka! But the video is just ... yeah. Do yourself a favor, Hosaka fans, and check this over-the-top but snazzy music video out.

And Mcsweeney? If you're really big pimpin', then I fully well expect you to memorize this song and dance routine and to perform it as Hosaka.

-------------------

I guess since we're on the topic of my activities last night, another music video I found was of this one bass guitarist on NicoNicoDouga. Wearing a Nagato Yuki school uniform and performing Keikenchi Joushouchuu☆ from Minami-ke, he was the object of many a fan's affections. Yes, "he"." Though the fans affectionately took to calling him 姫 Hime "Princess," as I'm sure any Minami-ke fan will appreciate. (Kinda surprised they didn't opt for "Mako-chan" instead ... ;o )
Old 09-13-2015, 01:27 PM   #130
McSweeney
Soul Badge

Dancing, not my strong suit. Back when The Melancholy came out, I tried to imitate the Haruhi dance and ended up smashing my hand against my hard drive at one point.

It's funny how a lot of Daisuke Ono's body language and gait can be described as "Hosaka-like."

Smoking Gary sez:
"Stay in school kidz"
Old 09-13-2015, 03:11 PM   #131
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcsweeney View Post
Dancing, not my strong suit. Back when The Melancholy came out, I tried to imitate the Haruhi dance and ended up smashing my hand against my hard drive at one point.
It's okay. I was mostly joking, and one good reason not to take it seriously is because -- like the original Haruhi dance when all we had back then was the ending credits to go off of -- there isn't even a complete dance here for you to emulate. The camera cuts away from Daisuke too often.

I just thought you'd get a kick out of it since Ono's dance routine combines Hosaka with what can best be described as a pimp suit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcsweeney View Post
It's funny how a lot of Daisuke Ono's body language and gait can be described as "Hosaka-like."
I love it.

Another thing I came across was one Ono Daisuke fangirl bemoaning how many anime productions have had Guy x Girl romance between a character voiced by Ono Daisuke ... and a character voiced by Satou Rina. :o She shipped Ono D's characters with other men -- doubtless a fujoshi! :p -- and was crestfallen to see the industry constantly pairing him with lady loves voiced by Rina. But of course I then had to ask: was this part of the plan when they cast the voice actors for Minami-ke? :o Did they knowingly cast Ono Daisuke as Hosaka and Satou Rina as Haruka not only because they were the best suited for their respective roles but because it would also oh so totally suggest official support for the Hosaka x Haruka ship?

Old 06-27-2017, 05:58 PM   #132
McSweeney
Soul Badge

Finally watched "The lost episode" Minami-ke Natsuyasumi (Summer Vacation).

Spoiler: show
Nothing spectacular, no big laughs, but it was sweet. I'm always a sucker for Kana/Chiaki bonding moments, though it wasn't nearly as good as say, the last episode of season 3 (where Chiaki had a bad dream that Kana left and never came back, so she clung onto her for the whole day awwww). This was the first anime that I've seen in nearly a year, so I was just glad to see anime things again. Slice of life, there's nothing quite like it outside of anime. Sitcoms aren't the same thing.

Smoking Gary sez:
"Stay in school kidz"
Old 11-13-2017, 10:51 AM   #133
Talon87
時の彼方へ

A few things about Studio Daume, the geniuses behind the anime adaptation of Season 1:

* Their name Daume is actually a really strange transliteration of Dōmu. Their company name, 童夢, means something along the lines of "young dreams", "childhood dreams", it's a combination of 童 "juvenile; child" and 夢 "dream; vision". I have no idea why they spelled it Daume instead of Domu, Doumu, etc, but I wonder with the dau if it was not meant to be read like the French would pronounce au.

* The last anime the company produced was Yuru Yuri in 2011. (They have worked in a lesser capacity on other, more recent series.)

* The company website is no longer up. (I wonder if they have gone out of business. )

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Anime