UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-11-2019, 02:50 AM   #151
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge
 
TheKnightsFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 3,702
King Ghidorah- We wake from your slumber raving like a crazed lunatic. The Shiinotic's spores had really done a number on you. Not only were you convinced you'd seen the Edelweiss Guardian, you were now convinced it was your destiny to face it! Sure, in the dream it had beaten all your Pokemon and was preparing to finish you off, but that didn't mean it would actually happen that way or did it? Either way, you had a different situation to deal with now, Swinub was in the Shiinotic's grasp and slowly losing energy. You shout your orders, instructing Swinub to use Odor Sleuth to hone in on his target. Swinub squeals in pain and frustration, it was in the Shiinotic's arms, finding it wasn't the problem right now! Thankfully your second order proves more useful, the Swinub begins driving Icicle Spears into the Shiinotic's chest, eventually forcing it to release him. The spears strike with so much force they cause the Shiinotic to be uprooted. As the Grass/Fairy type flails on its back, Heidi spots something growing on its glowing roots.

"Balm Mushrooms and Energy Root!" Heidi shouts as she rushes in, pulling a small knife from her belt. Working quickly she cuts off a few of the precious mushrooms and a couple of small roots before retreating, Swinub alongside her. "We got what we came for, we should probably go find my Slurpuff, she's probably found what we need by now." The Shiinotic slowly rises to its feet, if you didn't make a choice soon, it would likely attack again.

Swinub gained 4 levels!



Naru- You agree with Harrow, the Gabite certainly seemed to be protecting the Garchomp. That meant you likely weren't continuing your pursuit without stopping them first. Thankfully you have a few seasoned fighters at your disposal who are more than capable of dealing with the threat at hand. Alastor rushes the closest Gabite, slamming a Power-Up Punch into its jaw, dealing a handy blow while increasing his own attack. He follows up with a Force Palm using his left hand, striking the same Gabite in the chest and leaving it temporarily winded. Unfortunately one of its allies comes to its aid, firing a Mud Shot at the Lucario. The Steel type is knocked sideways by the Super Effective blow that also leaves his fur coated in mud, slowing his movements slightly. Eris leaps at the Gabite who targeted Alastor, repetitively striking it as she Plays Rough. The Gabite is forced back by the Super Effective assault, which is slowly but surely wearing it down. Unfortunately, just like Alastor, focusing on one target leaves her flank open. The Mawile is completely unaware that the third Gabite is preparing to Incinerate both her and Alastor. A tongue of flame erupts from the Dragon, catching both Steel types before they can react. The flames eventually stop as a powerful yet surprising Ice Beam strikes the Gabite. Gogoat manages to knock the Dragon unconscious, making great use of its Nature Power!

"Keep on your toes, there is only two now but you can't afford to narrow your focus in a situation like this." Harrow and his Gogoat had shifted the odds in your favour. The remaining two Gabite were looking fairly warn out as well, Alastor and Eris could surely finish them off. You look around and eventually spot Calix, the Alolan Meowth tumbling through the snow with a Gible. He scratches at the Gible, only for his claws to be met with Metallic Claws as the Gible fights back. The Dark type flails around wildly, dealing an increasing amount of damage to the opposing Dragon.
__________________
TheKnightsFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 10:49 PM   #152
Prof.Enigma
Cascade Badge
 
Prof.Enigma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: here, there, everywhere
Posts: 310
[Kawaii: Last update


TKF:


"There isn't enough time to wait"
Another voice cut through your mind and it certainly was not the Riolu in front of you.

Soon memories flashed through your head.

You were walking with your trainer and your child who just hatched, taking him for a picnic out in a secret oasis known by very few people, you were happy and enkoying time with your son Riolu. Your trainer was happier than you had seen her in years and you didn't need your empathy to feel the happiness coming off her in waves.

Then there was a loud explosion and several pokemon surrounded you and you partner and child, before you could put up much of a fight though you were hit from behind by a big blow, knocking you unconscious...

You then woke up in a panic to find that your powers were diminished and your partner and child were no where to be seen, reaching out you breathed a sigh of relief that they were indeed alive but not well.

Your partner took and somehow broke the chians keeping your child bound over the course of a week or two. Your memories were distorted whenever the doors opened up and you could only think clearly when you were left alone...

You followed your child with your mind as far as you could do so when you were alone and were relieved that at least a kind trainer was treating your child.

But you and your trainer needed rescuing..

The memories were burned into your mind as if they were your own and even though you had felt like you just lived several weeks of some kind of imprisonment very little time had lapsed from you getting the memories.

It was however long enough for you partners to notice and watch you with some concern
However Bayleaf didn't stop healing Riolu the whole time its eyes were fixated upon you.

What will you do next?

__________________
Prof.Enigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 11:44 PM   #153
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge
 
TheKnightsFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 3,702
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof.Enigma View Post
[Kawaii: Last update


TKF:


"There isn't enough time to wait"
Another voice cut through your mind and it certainly was not the Riolu in front of you.

Soon memories flashed through your head.

You were walking with your trainer and your child who just hatched, taking him for a picnic out in a secret oasis known by very few people, you were happy and enkoying time with your son Riolu. Your trainer was happier than you had seen her in years and you didn't need your empathy to feel the happiness coming off her in waves.

Then there was a loud explosion and several pokemon surrounded you and you partner and child, before you could put up much of a fight though you were hit from behind by a big blow, knocking you unconscious...

You then woke up in a panic to find that your powers were diminished and your partner and child were no where to be seen, reaching out you breathed a sigh of relief that they were indeed alive but not well.

Your partner took and somehow broke the chians keeping your child bound over the course of a week or two. Your memories were distorted whenever the doors opened up and you could only think clearly when you were left alone...

You followed your child with your mind as far as you could do so when you were alone and were relieved that at least a kind trainer was treating your child.

But you and your trainer needed rescuing..

The memories were burned into your mind as if they were your own and even though you had felt like you just lived several weeks of some kind of imprisonment very little time had lapsed from you getting the memories.

It was however long enough for you partners to notice and watch you with some concern
However Bayleaf didn't stop healing Riolu the whole time its eyes were fixated upon you.

What will you do next?

Xander was left shaking after he was forced to endure a barrage of memories. As much as he wanted to forget the painful memories, they seemed to be wedged in with his own, for now at least. He hoped that the Riolu's mother would remove them once she and her trainer were safe. That said, it was up to him to save them. With Bayleef finishing up the healing on Riolu, Xander turned to the Riolu, reassuring it that they'd do their best to help its mother and trainer. "We don't know exactly where they are Riolu, but we know where you were." By that, he meant that the last recognisable location was the secret oasis. Thankfully with the memories he'd received, he was one of the few people who knew how to get there. From there, they'd attempt to find signs of those who attacked Riolu and its companions. Even if they couldn't find any leads, hopefully going there would get them closer to Riolu's mother and increase the strength of her telepathic link.

Xander picked up the Riolu and placed it on Bayleef's back. Chimchar scrambled up onto his shoulder while Wartortle stepped beside Bayleef. "Alright guys, guess we're going back out into the Savannah." Xander made his way out of the shop, trying to keep his mind clear so he could use the implanted memories to find his way back to the oasis. If Riolu was in this state after escaping captivity, it was hard to imagine the condition of its mother and trainer. Time was likely of the essence.
__________________
TheKnightsFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 11:41 PM   #154
Prof.Enigma
Cascade Badge
 
Prof.Enigma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: here, there, everywhere
Posts: 310
Kawaii: Last update


TKF:

After gathering up the Riolu, you and your partners practically ran out of the building as fast as you could. Once you were outside however you picked up a little more speed, your bayleef keeping Riolu on its back as best as it could.
Chimchar sat upon your shoulder and it was a good thing it did for the sun was starting to set.

But if you were right about your assumption you didnt have time to rest much. You freverently hoped that where the trainer and her pokemon were taken to wasnt far from the oasis, which that itself was an hours walk from Dead Mans Rest.

Running and taking a few shortcuts ( that you had seen from when you were climbing up and down the Butte )
Should shorten the time it took you to get to the oasis.

*... (At the oasis)

You slowly walked around the oasis looking for signs of a struggle with your pokemon.
You had a little bit of sunlight left, thanks to your short cuts.
But now the issue dawned upon you...

There were no signs of a recent struggle and you wouldnt be able to find any unless you had a Psychic type. The Savannah was windy and this place looked like it was also a frequent stop for the wild pokemon in the area.

You sat down for a moment, not wanting to give up but still feeling the extreme heavy weight of the possibility that you might not be able to make it in time.

But a breeze blew through the surrounding area, and although that was common, it wasnt what snapped you out of your brooding.
There was a voice on it, ever so faint but a voice none the less.

"......h ... e...lp...."

However, there was something wrong with the voice, or at least the word you heard. It was not a tired voice, nor did it sound panicked or that it actually needed help.
No....

This voice had a giggly tone to it.

"..... You want to help them don't you?"

The voice was right beside you, and it came from a little girl.
She looked up at you with big playful eyes the color of mahogany, but it seemed as if they had seen a thousand sorrows and this gave a hidden edge to them that cut through your soul.

"If you want to help them... Then please... Come with me."

The little girl started skipping in front of you, leading you to the oasis itself.

Will you follow her?

__________________
Prof.Enigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 03:29 AM   #155
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge
 
TheKnightsFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 3,702
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof.Enigma View Post
Kawaii: Last update


TKF:

After gathering up the Riolu, you and your partners practically ran out of the building as fast as you could. Once you were outside however you picked up a little more speed, your bayleef keeping Riolu on its back as best as it could.
Chimchar sat upon your shoulder and it was a good thing it did for the sun was starting to set.

But if you were right about your assumption you didnt have time to rest much. You freverently hoped that where the trainer and her pokemon were taken to wasnt far from the oasis, which that itself was an hours walk from Dead Mans Rest.

Running and taking a few shortcuts ( that you had seen from when you were climbing up and down the Butte )
Should shorten the time it took you to get to the oasis.

*... (At the oasis)

You slowly walked around the oasis looking for signs of a struggle with your pokemon.
You had a little bit of sunlight left, thanks to your short cuts.
But now the issue dawned upon you...

There were no signs of a recent struggle and you wouldnt be able to find any unless you had a Psychic type. The Savannah was windy and this place looked like it was also a frequent stop for the wild pokemon in the area.

You sat down for a moment, not wanting to give up but still feeling the extreme heavy weight of the possibility that you might not be able to make it in time.

But a breeze blew through the surrounding area, and although that was common, it wasnt what snapped you out of your brooding.
There was a voice on it, ever so faint but a voice none the less.

"......h ... e...lp...."

However, there was something wrong with the voice, or at least the word you heard. It was not a tired voice, nor did it sound panicked or that it actually needed help.
No....

This voice had a giggly tone to it.

"..... You want to help them don't you?"

The voice was right beside you, and it came from a little girl.
She looked up at you with big playful eyes the color of mahogany, but it seemed as if they had seen a thousand sorrows and this gave a hidden edge to them that cut through your soul.

"If you want to help them... Then please... Come with me."

The little girl started skipping in front of you, leading you to the oasis itself.

Will you follow her?

There was little light left when they made it to the Oasis. Unfortunately that was where their good fortune came to an end. There were no signs of the Riolu's mother or trainer, the shifting sands had swept away any tracks or signs that might have remained. Xander was beginning to get frustrated, how could they help if they couldn't find what they were looking for? If they stayed here long enough, the people who captured Riolu's and its companions might return and attempt the same with him, however there was no way of telling how long that would take. However a new telepathic presence soon presented itself. It certainly wasn't the Riolu's mother, as whatever it was took the form of a small girl. He could also rule out it being the Riolu's trainer, as the girl had said 'them', implying Riolu's mother and trainer. Xander wasn't sure about this 'thing', it's presence was almost too convenient. This sort of thing screamed of ghosts, taking on the form of a small girl to lure them in to some sort of trap.

Wartortle was thinking the same thing. Chimchar and Bayleef were ignorant to the ways of a trickster, but he wasn't. He'd pulled plenty of pranks and he knew in his gut when something was up. Not wanting to wait and see how his trainer would handle the situation, he takes the initiative. He fires a Bubble at the girl. The attack wouldn't hurt the girl too badly if she was real but would hopefully succeed in breaking any illusion cast by a would be prankster.

Xander was too slow to stop Wartortle. He considered crash tackling the Water type, but part of him was curious to see how things would unfold.
__________________
TheKnightsFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 12:47 PM   #156
Lil'twick
Akafiloga Argrise
 
Lil'twick's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: The Reverse Side of the World
Posts: 2,917
Send a message via Skype™ to Lil'twick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raves View Post

Lil'twick: The sight of the fretful Flabebe fearful for its flowery life quickly sets you into nice guy mode as you reassure that you're not hungry for them, and as you comment on the nice smell the fairy pokemon seems to calm down a little, and seems to perk up at your suggestion of helping out.

"O-oh! Th-thank you! I'm rather busy trying to make a wonderful gift for the prince, and I really would appreciate the support!" At the sight of the Cutiefly, the Flabebe gives a much more relieved chirp, and gives a shy wave at the tiny bug pokemon as you ask Honey to, well, gather some ingredients. On your introductions and offering, the flower pokemon practically twirls in excitement.

"That's a wonderful name, Leo! We don't really have much in the way of names like you giants do, but you can bake too? I'm trying to make the prince a wonderful fairy cake, and the extra set of hands can come in handy!" Darting around, the pokemon points you towards the back of the hillock, and looking around you can see a much larger kitchen system, a bit small for you but workable. "Sometimes when we get bigger visitors I use this giant's workshop, though it can get a bit hectic making something bigger than me. We can work together here on a cake for the prince, and I'm sure he'll really appreciate your kind gesture, as well as the garden!"

Between your own budding skills, the Flabebe's artistic decorum and Honey's surprisingly successful work in obtaining some simple ingredients, including some fine honey, you and your new friend work over some time to craft a number of smaller pastries and cakes, on the advice that making some smaller treats for the other pokemon in the garden would pay dividends for it, though your best work goes to the large cake that dwarfs the Flabebe. (You are free to describe your culinary creation and masterpiece in your reply)

"It's beautiful! The prince will surely be pleased with this, and on his day of bloom as well! Oh, that's sorta like what your giants call birthdays, and the prince always holds a wonderful party in the middle of the garden! Please, Leo, feel free to come along!" With a spring in their step the Flabebe starts to head for what seems to be a nest of trees in the distance, but stops for a moment and turns around, puzzled. It doesn't take long for you to realise what the holdup is: with all the confections made, it'll take you and Flabebe at least two, maybe three trips there to get everything delivered, and it seems that you might need a helping hand in delivery. The fairy pokemon looks at you quizzically, before asking the rhetorical question: "Um...do you have any friends who can help us take these treats to the prince's arboreal castle? It is an awful lot of things..."

-~Fairy Garden Challenge 1: Bloom Bakery Business.~-

Using you and your pokemon, you have been tasked with helping Flabebe deliver a number of baked goods to the prince's castle. A list of items the pair of you have baked are below, along with their relative weights. You have time to make one trip back, and thus can afford two loads of goods. In making decisions, assume that your pokemon can carry their own weight comfortably, and twice their weight at most before struggling, and that Leo and Flabebe are capable of ferrying their produce. Flabebe has some considerable muscles despite their petite size, and can carry up to 5 pounds of produce.

The Bakery's inventory is as follows:

- The Prince's Bloom Cake: 25 pounds, must be delivered.
- The Prince's Bloom Poffin Basket: 4 pounds, must be delivered.
- The Prince's Bloom Pollen Candy Cup: 2 items, 2 pounds each, must be delivered.
- Leo's Cream Horn Platter: 5 pounds.
- Leo's Puff Pastry Eclairs: 4 pounds.
- Leo's Honey Shortcake Tray: 8 pounds.
- Flabebe's Caramel Cupcake Box: 2 items, 3 pounds each.
- Flabebe's Cocoa Crisp Treats: 7 pounds.
- Flabebe's Cinnamon Nanab Loaves: 4 loaves, 2 pounds each.
- Sprinkles' Marshmallow Mushrooms: 3 batches, 1 pound each.
- Honey's Nectar Treat Dip: 2 pots, 6 pounds each.

Leo was glad that the Flabebe calmed down once he explained the situation to it. After all, he didn't really like hurting people without a solid reason. He was a gentle soul, and he just wanted to help out those he could. Not everyone could be saved... He wasn't that naive, but he'd help as best as he could. It was the least he could do for anyone.

Once things were smoothed out, Leo moved to the small kitchen and started to assist the Flabebe in making food for the feast. The sweet smells of honey and fresh berries started to fill the air as he mixed together the ingredients and started to bake his confections. The smell wafted through the area, but it didn't seem anyone was coming. Good, he wanted this to be a little surprise.

With the first batch of pastries out of the oven, Leo started to work on the cake. Making sure the batter was the right consistency was everything. Too thick and the cake was going to be as dense as a rock, and too thin meant more air could pass through the batter, and that wasn't always a good thing. Luckily, he was able to make the batter just as he wanted, and he carefully poured it into a greased pan. If you overfill the pan, the cake will spill out during the baking process and cause an uneven texture, not to mention decorating it would be awful.

Satisfied with the amount in the pan, Leo put it into the oven while he worked on other confections. His eclairs were chilling just fine, and the Flabebe seemed to have everything handled on its end. Leo noticed Sprinkles and Honey hovering near by, curious on what he was doing.

"You want in too?" He chuckled as the two Pokemon seemed to light up as he asked.

He then spent the next half hour or so helping his Pokemon make their own treats. Honey's was easy, a sweet dip mixed together of honey and nectar, and Sprinkles made small, colorful marshmallows in the shape of its mushrooms. They seemed to be the perfect thing to dip into the dip honey made too, with most of the "heads" of the marshmallows able to hold the dip pretty well.

Once they were done making that, Leo checked on the cake and saw it was ready. Carefully setting onto a platter, he slowly got the cake out of the pan. It was a pretty clean slide, and it plopped onto the plate with no issues. It seemed everything else was done at this point, so everyone started to work on decorating the cake. It was a golden brown honey cake, and looked amazing by itself, but since it was for the Prince... well it had to be royal.

Rolling out a sheet of green fondant, Leo carefully covered the cake with it. He then made a large oak out of a mixture of baking chocolate, brown fondant, and sweet crisps. He took the remaining green fondant and made small leaves, trying to imitate the giant oak he saw. He then took a bag of buttercream frosting and started to pipe out small flowers around the base of the tree. Once he finished the pipping, he took a toothpick and some royal icing he prepared earlier for his cream horns, and used it to add finer details. It was a lot of work, but it felt like this was one of his best pieces to date. If only he had a camera...

Leo could only blush as he received praise from the Flabebe, and it explained he'd be able to come along to the party as well. Though, there was a problem that came up. How would all of this be transported? Talking over it with the Flabebe, Leo had an idea.

"Okay, let's do this. Cott, Custard, Carrot, and Souffle let's go!" Leo exclaimed as he tossed four Pokeballs into the air. In order a Swirlix, Togetic, Carbink, and then lastly an Igglybuff came out/

"Alright, I have a plan. Souffle," he started to speak to the Igglybuff. "We can do two trips. Each trip i want you to take one of the Pollen Candy Cups with you. No eating until we get all the food delivered, okay?" Leo asked the Igglybuff, who gave him a happy response in return.

"Cott," he turned to the Swirlix next. "You're going to take the loaves first. I'll help you get them on you, but you need to be careful. Once we're back, we'll have you take all of the marshmallow mushrooms, okay?"

"Carrot, you're going to do some heavy lifting today little bud. First tip we're going to have you balance the shortcakes on the top of your head, and then on the second trip we'll have you bring the crisp treats."

"Custard, I want you to carry both of the cupcake boxes. We'll balance them on top of each other for you. When we get back, you\ll be taking the basket of poffins. This is important, so be careful with the basket."

"Flabebe, if you could take the cream horns first, and then the puff pastries second that would be appreciated. I'm going to grab both of the jars of dip the first time around, and then bring the cake with me when we do our second trip," Leo said to the Flabebe before announcing what he'll take.

"Sprinkles, Honey, I want you two to stay here to make sure nothing screws with the food we made. Do whatever you can to make sure the cake is protected. You'll be able to come with us when we head out a second time, okay?"

With his orders in place, Leo loads the first round of treats up and starts to head out, following the Flabebe to where he needed to go. Here's to good luck.

__________________


Ghost Legion
Hawke | Leo

Lil'twick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 08:20 PM   #157
King Ghidorah
Cascade Badge
 
King Ghidorah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 270
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post
King Ghidorah- We wake from your slumber raving like a crazed lunatic. The Shiinotic's spores had really done a number on you. Not only were you convinced you'd seen the Edelweiss Guardian, you were now convinced it was your destiny to face it! Sure, in the dream it had beaten all your Pokemon and was preparing to finish you off, but that didn't mean it would actually happen that way or did it? Either way, you had a different situation to deal with now, Swinub was in the Shiinotic's grasp and slowly losing energy. You shout your orders, instructing Swinub to use Odor Sleuth to hone in on his target. Swinub squeals in pain and frustration, it was in the Shiinotic's arms, finding it wasn't the problem right now! Thankfully your second order proves more useful, the Swinub begins driving Icicle Spears into the Shiinotic's chest, eventually forcing it to release him. The spears strike with so much force they cause the Shiinotic to be uprooted. As the Grass/Fairy type flails on its back, Heidi spots something growing on its glowing roots.

"Balm Mushrooms and Energy Root!" Heidi shouts as she rushes in, pulling a small knife from her belt. Working quickly she cuts off a few of the precious mushrooms and a couple of small roots before retreating, Swinub alongside her. "We got what we came for, we should probably go find my Slurpuff, she's probably found what we need by now." The Shiinotic slowly rises to its feet, if you didn't make a choice soon, it would likely attack again.

Swinub gained 4 levels!
\Hugo glared at the Shiinotic who was slowly rising to its feet, preparing another attack.


“IT’S JUST BEEN REVOKED!”
he shouted. Heidi and Swinub gave Hugo a quizzical look, the non-sequitur not making much sense.

“Uh, sorry…must uh…must still be a little hazy,” Hugo said as he headed toward the exit of the cave, shooing Swinub and Heidi along with him. The cold, crisp air heightened all of Hugo’s senses, and for a moment, he had a flashback of his dream and his near encounter with the beast of the Edelweiss. Despite the tragic scene that had played out, Hugo knew in his heart that he needed to face the monster. Almost as if their two destinies were somehow intertwined. Was he imagining all of this? It was hard to say. The Shiinotic’s spores were wildly powerful. But it certainly felt real. There was only one way to find out for sure.

But at what cost would it come? Hugo looked down at his feet at Swinub. The Pig sniffed along the ground, his thick fur drudging through the snow. Despite being young and only with Hugo for a short amount of time, the Ice type fought valiantly against the much larger Shiinotic while Hugo was out of commission. Hugo smiled thinking how something so small and cute could have such resolve and strength of character. So what was Hugo risking in challenging the guardian? He wasn’t only putting himself at risk, but his team too. His partners. His friends.

Swinub must have been able to sense that someone was watching him, because he looked up at Hugo, his narrow brown eyes sparkling under tufts of heavy fur. Hugo smiled and the Pig responded by happily trouncing a head through the snow. Hugo knew he needed to face the guardian, but he needed to make sure he didn’t sacrifice too much in the process.

“So, we pretty much have everything we need, right?” he asked Heidi. “The different mushrooms and whatnot. “Your Slurpuff, she has the rest, you think?”

A cold wind blew past Hugo, causing him to shiver aggressively.

“…is she okay out here in this cold alone?”
__________________
King Ghidorah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 04:20 AM   #158
Prof.Enigma
Cascade Badge
 
Prof.Enigma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: here, there, everywhere
Posts: 310
Kawaii: Last update


TKF:

Both you and your Turtle partner wanted to see if this girl was really a girl or an illusion, you moved ever so slightly when your pokemon fired off some bubbles at her but you stopped because actually it was a smart test.... Albeit a little rude if you thought about it too hardly but still needed under these circumstances.

The bubbles pushed up against the little girl and popped upon her back, leaving wet stains in her teal blouse, and although she indeed wasn't hurt, well... Physically that is.

She turned around and looked back at you with a pain in her eyes, a distrustful glare... Actually tears were starting to form within her eyes. She dropped a stone that you hadn't previously seen her clutching and before you could call out to her and stop her, she ran away into the darkness towards Dead Mans Rest.

Well that was.... Unexpected....

You just lost your only lead of finding the imprisoned trainer and mother Lucario... Dejected you walked over to see what the little girl had dropped.

It appeared to be some sort of stone... A coal maybe? But it meant something to that girl... So perhaps, you thought, you'd hold on to it for now at least.

Back to the problem at hand. You had no way of finding out where those two ( and possibly more ) where held at. While you knew this is indeed where they had been kidnapped at, you didnt have any of the Lucario s memories to go on from here. Perhaps the Riolu who had fallen asleep on the way here held some answers as where to go... But that was a huge IF there.

Not only did the Riolu have extreme hunger and thirst when it was freed, but it probably couldn't have remembered if it walked or ran the path back to Dead mans rest. Perhaps it was even brought there by that little girl.....

But there was still something strange about that girl.
However you weren't given much of a chance to brood over your dilemma again, for you heard the loud voices of people walking this way, laughing and carring torches...

As well as a rarely seen tool made by humans.... Guns.

What will you do?
__________________
Prof.Enigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 01:46 AM   #159
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge
 
TheKnightsFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 3,702
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof.Enigma View Post
Kawaii: Last update


TKF:

Both you and your Turtle partner wanted to see if this girl was really a girl or an illusion, you moved ever so slightly when your pokemon fired off some bubbles at her but you stopped because actually it was a smart test.... Albeit a little rude if you thought about it too hardly but still needed under these circumstances.

The bubbles pushed up against the little girl and popped upon her back, leaving wet stains in her teal blouse, and although she indeed wasn't hurt, well... Physically that is.

She turned around and looked back at you with a pain in her eyes, a distrustful glare... Actually tears were starting to form within her eyes. She dropped a stone that you hadn't previously seen her clutching and before you could call out to her and stop her, she ran away into the darkness towards Dead Mans Rest.

Well that was.... Unexpected....

You just lost your only lead of finding the imprisoned trainer and mother Lucario... Dejected you walked over to see what the little girl had dropped.

It appeared to be some sort of stone... A coal maybe? But it meant something to that girl... So perhaps, you thought, you'd hold on to it for now at least.

Back to the problem at hand. You had no way of finding out where those two ( and possibly more ) where held at. While you knew this is indeed where they had been kidnapped at, you didnt have any of the Lucario s memories to go on from here. Perhaps the Riolu who had fallen asleep on the way here held some answers as where to go... But that was a huge IF there.

Not only did the Riolu have extreme hunger and thirst when it was freed, but it probably couldn't have remembered if it walked or ran the path back to Dead mans rest. Perhaps it was even brought there by that little girl.....

But there was still something strange about that girl.
However you weren't given much of a chance to brood over your dilemma again, for you heard the loud voices of people walking this way, laughing and carring torches...

As well as a rarely seen tool made by humans.... Guns.

What will you do?
"Well that didn't go as expected", Xander spoke mostly to Wartortle. The Water type shrugged, it was worth a shot. Xander gathered the stone, making sure to check it for any noticeable features. The girl might just have been holding it as a defensive implement or it could have some sort of value to her. Either way, he'd hang onto it for now.

With the girl gone, they had no leads, nothing to go off and it was starting to get dark. Thankfully it was the darkness that provided them with a lead. Torches in the distance and the sound of laughter, someone was coming. It seemed to be a rather large group, there were quite a few torches. Chimchar pointed anxiously, the Fire type's keener eyes managing to notice the guns they are carrying. "Quickly everyone, back into the bushes by the oasis." Xander spoke softly as he hurried his Pokemon back to cover, they quickly submerged themselves in the bushes. His mind was flooding with ideas on how to handle this situation, but he knew it was likely best to remain concealed until they new more about the situation at hand. They needed to get more information, but the Pokemon he had out now weren't exactly suited to stealth. Chimchar would do alright but at night his tail flame was a clear give away. Wartortle wouldn't move fast enough and Bayleef really wasn't suited to stealth. Xander retrieved a Pokeball from his belt and quickly released Froakie from its ball.

The Kalosian Water type looked around, as if to say, "why are we in a bush?" Xander quickly explained the situation before giving Froakie his orders. "Alright Froakie, you're going to want to Camouflage yourself with the sand and flank around them. Try to get us a head count. If you get spotted, just put their torches out with a Water Sport then Dig to safety. Try not to engage unless necessary, once we have more information we'll work out a plan as a team. Sound good?" The Froakie nodded, pulling up his Frubble hood as he prepared to undertake his stealth mission.
__________________
TheKnightsFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 06:17 PM   #160
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge
 
TheKnightsFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 3,702
King Ghidorah- You decide it is best to get a move on before the Shiinotic recovers, a smart move. Heidi reassures you that Slurpuff would be fine, she was used to wandering around the Cradle. The pair of you make your way back towards Heidi's camp, ingredients in hand. It is starting to get dark now, which makes navigation harder but Heidi seems to have a strong sense of direction and it isn't long before you spot the light of the campfire cutting through the trees.

You arrive back at the campsite to find Slurpuff warming herself by the fire, a small pile of Revival Herb placed neatly beside her. Heidi approaches her Pokemon, patting her on the head before collecting the herbs. She takes all the ingredients over to a small fold out table and begins to work. "I wouldn't advise starting your hike until the morning, rest here tonight and you can start as soon as the sun rises. There is a small portable PC over there if you'd like to switch out some of your Pokemon, I assume you plan on having your best on hand if you're planning on confronting the guardian." You look over to a small, metallic suit case that Heidi has pointed out, the PC was likely inside. Heidi leaves you to consider your options as she starts working on the special Heat Balm she promised to make you. The healer carefully juices some Rawst Berries, then dices up a couple of the Balm Mushrooms and places them in the juice to soak. After leaving the mushrooms for a few minutes she retrieves them and grinds them into a fine paste using a mortar and pestle. She pours the contents into 3 small jars and places them alongside a collection of the other gathered ingredients. "Alright Hugo, everything is good to go for the morning. There is a spare sleeping bag around somewhere if you need it, I'm going to get some sleep though." Heidi heads to bed, disappearing into a small tent, closely followed by her Slurpuff. In the morning you could start your hike up the Edelweiss, but were you prepared?

You received 2 Revival Herbs, 4 Energy Roots and 3 pots of Heat Balm

*Heat Balm- When applied to a Pokemon, the Pokemon will take 1/2 damage from Ice Type moves for about 5 updates. The Pokemon will also be immune to damage from Hail and any adverse effects from a cold environment. All Heat Balm must be consumed by the end of this adventure and is not to be used outside of this zone.
__________________
TheKnightsFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:56 PM   #161
Meetan
Thunder Badge
 
Meetan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: England
Posts: 645
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raves View Post
Meetan: While you're certain that curses don't just 'move in' as you bluntly put it, the offer to aid them is one you accept, fearing the other possibility, and with your request, Ko-phia and Omuo look at each other with only a hint of nervousness. Whether it was your comment on customs or something else is unknown, but a few words spoken in the Lythaki tongue later, the chieftain leaves the hut, presumably to let the scouting party know of your part in the investigation.

"You are kind to help, yet learning the customs of the Leniazom people took me years, personally. However, I believe I can give you a quick rundown while we wait to embark," the shaman replies, and even through the mask you can tell the man is grateful for your part as he begins to discuss some basics. While most of the tribes on the river are relatively peaceful, if a little wary of outsiders, most of the time normal customs wouldn't intrude upon them, and the few which are hostile to outsiders are further down the river. He also advises a small offering of fruit or natural trinkets to garner favour, while making comment that artificial objects may cause some concern among the Lythanki, citing their traditional roots.

Around fifteen minutes later, Omuo returns and relays to Ko-phia that the party is ready to head out to the neighbouring tribe, and with a quick check on your pokemon ensuring their health, you and the group begin to leave when the shaman calls on the troop leader, presumably to remind them of their mission. While you wait, you take a quick look at the group, and discover a familiar Sceptile among your number, the grass pokemon staring at you with indifference, yet a slight hint of respect seems to emanate from the yellow eyes. The leader returns, and begins calling names, taking a roll call, and you give somewhat of a nod at his reasonably accurate pronunciation of your name (something like 'all-ess').

With all said and done, your group begins to travel upstream, the Zl'anaian tribesmen keeping a fairly vigilant eye out around you, and the Sceptile walking by you, presumably to keep you in check. After an hour or so of travel, one of the men stops with a harshly whispered call, and your entire group stops. It isn't too long before the reason becomes clear, as you hear some crashing sounds approaching, and the men ready some apricorn balls, hand crafted and surprisingly high quality.

Out of the trees a pair of Mankey come bounding, and you know something is wrong from the fear in their eyes. Just as quickly, the reason smashes through the bushes, as a Primeape barrels onto the scene, eyes practically red with anger as the ape begins to stamp around. It catches sight of your group, and its already boiling rage bursts beyond breaking point, the pig monkey rushing forward with arms outstretched, ready to punish your scouting group for daring to be in its way. Some more shrieks echo through the bush as another three equally berserk Primeape leap out, and the scouting group immediately engages with frantic barks and calls as pokemon are sent out. The first one on the scene swings round and clotheslines one of the men to the ground with a sickening crunch, and as he twitches from the sudden impact, it balls its fists up and stares right into your eyes with indescribable bloodlust. You're next on its hitlist.
Alice listened to the explanation of customs with interest. She had plenty of berries and other foods on her, so hopefully if she offered them then the other tribes would at least be grateful for the gesture even if not interested in the items themselves. They'd always pleased Pokemon, at least, so Alice figured their own might be happy for them. It didn't take long before they were prepped and hitting the road, and in the hour consumed by the trek so far, Alice had mostly kept to herself. It was hot, and she was interested in her surroundings, as well as not falling behind. The Sceptile was obviously there as a deterrent, but Alice just found it more reassuring than anything else. It was agile. Nothing was sneaking up on them like that.

One of the men spoke up, albeit quietly, and Alice frowned as they stopped. "What's happening?" She asked, also keeping her voice down, but soon found out. Trouble had found them, and as a bunch of scared Mankey broke from the bush, Alice reached into her bag for her own apricorn balls. Maybe later she'd be enquiring about theirs, but right now, the young woman was more concerned for the crazed Primeape beating their weight around. These Pokemon never held back, and the way the first assailant looked at her was almost petrifying.

"Axel! Help me sort this out!" No fanciness here, Alice simply slammed a finger on the button and released her Abra in a slew of hearts. The sleepy psychic landed on the grass, now an obstacle between the fighter and the human, before seemingly acting on his own accord. That wasn't the case, though. They were attuned enough that her orders didn't need speaking unless Axel was quite distracted or otherwise caught up. Combining a Blowback attack with an Icy Wind, Axel attempted to sweep the Primeape away with maximum unpleasantness. If it worked out - and maybe even if it didn't - he'd propel himself into it with a powerful Zen Headbutt. They weren't playing around, either!
__________________
Meetan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:35 PM.


Design By: Miner Skinz.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.