UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out > Hall of Records

Closed Thread

Old 07-03-2014, 01:07 PM   #126
Arc_Angel
Ghostly Mistress

Angelique’s Zone: please reply in pink

Ex-Admiral Insane: You are so focused on the battle in front of you that Angeliques words fall on deaf ears. It was like you had severe tunnel vision and all you could see was the tricky Swirlix giving your Chatot the run around and you couldn’t just give up, not now. You would show that little puff ball that it shouldn’t have messed with you. You can’t help but wonder how may attacks this Swirlix had at its deposal, your Chatot had a lot less than you would have liked. Oh well the best way in the battle for now was to continue the physical assault.

After the parting shot Black narrows his eyes at the cute pink ball of candy floss and caws angrily. He lets loose a ferocious Growl and it’s enough to stop the Swirlix in its tracks and make it unsure of itself, reducing its attack power in the process. Whilst Swirlix was contemplating what to do next Black makes his next move and flies right into the Pokemon with another hard Peck making it wince in pain. It backs off and lets loose another Fairy Wind taking advantage of Black’s lowered defences to score a hard hit of its own. Black shakes off the pain easily enough and takes to the air circling around Swirlix who can only look on in dread. He suddenly goes into a nose dive and Flies into Swirlix sending it flying back towards the tree. It gets back to its feet, a little slower than before, the cumulative damage beginning to take effect. It lunges forward Tackling Black back but it’s attack appears weaker, you were finally beginning to wear it down.

Seakittenyfool: Angelique listens intently to your story as you recall how you came across your then Snover, it was unique to say the least. You couldn’t quite tell the truth on how you became a trainer and hope that a little white lie but you are saved by splash of water that you nearly choke on. You turn to look at the Skrelp in the pond who had taken to swimming in and around the rock formations showing off its agility. You begin to formulate a plan in your mind and wonder if you could befriend the poison/water type with a bit of friendly competition. You release your Swampert onto the bank of the pond and Skrelp stops swimming to stare up in awe at the much larger water Pokemon. You offer it a challenge, to face off against your Swampert not in battle but it a show of skill, a Water Gun test. Abomasnow holds his arms out and fires a barrage of Razor Leaves slowly enough that they reach a certain point in the sky before floating slowly back down and Swampert breathes in before expertly shooting out a pressurised jet of water piercing the leaves shredding them.

You turn to Skrelp to see its reaction and it stares hard at Swampert before facing up and releasing its own blasts of Water Gun in a thin series of jets that too manage to pierce the leaves leaving them in tatters. In fact it manages to destroy the remaining leaves before giving you and your Pokemon a cocky grin and waiting for you to issue it with another challenge, it could take you on all day long! Angelique grins finding your method of befriending Skrelp innovative.

Yvette’s Zone: please reply in purple

Quilavaflare: You stare at the downed kitty almost in a stupor, not believing your eyes. Astral and Yvette cheer for your success and wait for you to make the decision to catch the Espurr or move on. Time appears to speed up and catch up with you and feel an overwhelming joy praising your Pidgey for her successful first battle before pulling out your Safari Ball and giving the kitty one last look before throwing it at what you hope to be your newest team-mate. The ball strikes the Espurr with a soft thud and draws it inside, wiggling once before falling still. You stare at it for the longest time beginning to doubt that you had caught the Espurr when Yvette chuckles and picks up the ball for you handing it to you.

Congratulations. You have captured a Level 05 Male Espurr.

“That was great, both of you. You should be proud of what you achieved here today and you have made a new friend too. You should have more confidence in yourself and like Espurr said, you are very brave.”

She gives you one last grin before leading you out of her zone.

“Now you’ve befriended Espurr I’m afraid our time together is over but I really enjoyed myself, I hope you did too. We’ll have to keep in touch and you can show me how much Espurr has grown,” she says before you part ways.

Congratulations on your successful capture. I know the adventure was short but I hope you enjoyed it all the same. You can add Espurr’’s data to your team now and RP with it immediately upon replying to this post. Have fun ^-^

Last edited by Arc_Angel; 07-03-2014 at 01:18 PM.
Old 07-03-2014, 03:56 PM   #127
Ex-Admiral Insane
Marsh Badge

Send a message via Skype™ to Ex-Admiral Insane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arc_Angel View Post

Ex-Admiral Insane: You are so focused on the battle in front of you that Angeliques words fall on deaf ears. It was like you had severe tunnel vision and all you could see was the tricky Swirlix giving your Chatot the run around and you couldn’t just give up, not now. You would show that little puff ball that it shouldn’t have messed with you. You can’t help but wonder how may attacks this Swirlix had at its deposal, your Chatot had a lot less than you would have liked. Oh well the best way in the battle for now was to continue the physical assault.

After the parting shot Black narrows his eyes at the cute pink ball of candy floss and caws angrily. He lets loose a ferocious Growl and it’s enough to stop the Swirlix in its tracks and make it unsure of itself, reducing its attack power in the process. Whilst Swirlix was contemplating what to do next Black makes his next move and flies right into the Pokemon with another hard Peck making it wince in pain. It backs off and lets loose another Fairy Wind taking advantage of Black’s lowered defences to score a hard hit of its own. Black shakes off the pain easily enough and takes to the air circling around Swirlix who can only look on in dread. He suddenly goes into a nose dive and Flies into Swirlix sending it flying back towards the tree. It gets back to its feet, a little slower than before, the cumulative damage beginning to take effect. It lunges forward Tackling Black back but it’s attack appears weaker, you were finally beginning to wear it down.
The Growl worked as expected as the Swirlix stands still, unsure of itself. This is quickly followed by a series of attacks from both sides as both Blackbeard and Puffball exchange blows. Lucas feels a small sigh of relief as it seems the Swirlix was out of clever tricks and now resorting to straight out attacking. The bigger sigh of relief though came when its last attack displayed clear signs of fatigue. Blackbeard manages to give his latest strike, another Fly attack, and sends it back closer towards the tree. An image of Lucas’ memory plays as he recalls the Swirlix’s previous struggle with the tree and a small idea forms itself. It would the perfect method of ending this, in theory.

“Black,” the trainer calls out to his Pokémon with a slightly calmer voice. “Use Fly to shove it into the tree.” 'Sure', he told himself. He could knock out the Cotton Candy Pokémon at this point but it wasn't the right way to end this. At least not to Lucas. He just needed to end this battle.

“Caw!“ the Chatot replies. “You’re an idiot.” Lucas merely smiled this time though as the Chatot's insults meant he understood his trainer’s plan. Black gave another squawk before preparing himself to attack once more, hoping to end this.

Fizzy Bubbles Team:
Spoiler: show
Party:
Traitors:
Lost Souls:
Old 07-04-2014, 12:24 AM   #128
Quilavaflare
Cascade Badge

Send a message via Skype™ to Quilavaflare
Cyndaquil

Quote:

Quilavaflare: You stare at the downed kitty almost in a stupor, not believing your eyes. Astral and Yvette cheer for your success and wait for you to make the decision to catch the Espurr or move on. Time appears to speed up and catch up with you and feel an overwhelming joy praising your Pidgey for her successful first battle before pulling out your Safari Ball and giving the kitty one last look before throwing it at what you hope to be your newest team-mate. The ball strikes the Espurr with a soft thud and draws it inside, wiggling once before falling still. You stare at it for the longest time beginning to doubt that you had caught the Espurr when Yvette chuckles and picks up the ball for you handing it to you.

Congratulations. You have captured a Level 05 Male Espurr.

“That was great, both of you. You should be proud of what you achieved here today and you have made a new friend too. You should have more confidence in yourself and like Espurr said, you are very brave.”

She gives you one last grin before leading you out of her zone.

“Now you’ve befriended Espurr I’m afraid our time together is over but I really enjoyed myself, I hope you did too. We’ll have to keep in touch and you can show me how much Espurr has grown,” she says before you part ways.

Congratulations on your successful capture. I know the adventure was short but I hope you enjoyed it all the same. You can add Espurr’’s data to your team now and RP with it immediately upon replying to this post. Have fun ^-^
A grin slowly crept across Evdee's face, until he couldn't help but allow himself a large, toothy smile. "Yes! We did it! We captured Espurr!" Excitement welling up inside him as he decided to give the Pokémon a test run and allow him out of the Safari Ball, along with the rest of his partners who had been hiding along for the ride inside of their Pokeballs. Even though the little cat-like Pokémon still wore a blank expression, he couldn't imagine Espurr felt any more indifferent to the momentous occasion as the rest of them. Evdee could tell that he would not be an easy Pokémon to train, and that Espurr was very mysterious. But he also knew that he would not only make a valuable asset to the team, but a reliable friend as well.

At Yvette's kind words, he suddenly became overwhelmed with a gratitude for her positive attitude and help throughout the trip. "Yes, thank you so much!" As he watches the newest member interact with the rest of the crew, the Pokémon seemed to remain fairly quiet, but not impolite and somewhat curious about the other creatures. Just before the group was about to head back, Espurr seemed to remember something and paused in its tracks. Reaching behind his head, he unties the Silk Scarf and gently rings it around the bird Pokémon's neck with a small but welcoming smile. A token of friendship.

The newly formed team trails out of Yvette's friend safari, happy faces shared among all of them. As their guide gives them their final farewell, Evdee decides it is a good time to give her his full thanks.

"Yes, let's do that. Thanks again, Yvette. We've learned a lot about ourselves and each other today, I think. I don't know that anyone else could have given us the safari adventure you did!" After quickly exchanging contacts on the latest communication devices, Holo Casters, which had been given to Evdee so that he could call home at any time, the group sets out once again. On the way back, Evdee abruptly stops on the trail, a thoughtful expression adorning his face. The Pokémon look up at him questioningly.

"You know... I haven't given you a proper name yet, have I?" Pondering the many possibilities, the young trainer doesn't appear to think long before he becomes satisfied with one idea.

"Mysteux," he said in a bit of knowing voice. "It's a combination between 'mystery' and 'yeux', which is Kalosian for 'eyes'."

The group looked amongst each other, perhaps a little mystified. It was a strange name, but it did hold an oddly appealing note to it. Espurr seemed to agree, letting out a delighted "~purr". And with that, the team set out, contented but anticipating the next step in their adventures.

(OOC: Yes, I certainly did! And I am sure that no matter how short the adventure was, it will remain a memorable one. Thanks, and perhaps sometime we'll end up having another adventure together!)

Friend Code/Username list
3DS: 0748-3092-2840
Y Trainer Name: Roy
[Friend Safari: Paras, Vivillon, Beautifly]
Pokemon Showdown: Quilavaflare
Nintendo Network: Snowboos

Old 07-04-2014, 10:41 AM   #129
enchantress
Queen of the Night

Jean's Friend Safari - Please reply in silver

EpicSquirtle: Perhaps some more creative writing including proper paragraphs with a little less dialogue next time? I'd really like to see you flesh out your character a little more.

After hearing about the introduction of new Pokémon to the land you waste no time in hotfooting it over to the celebrations introducing the big event. While Error is excited by everything including the fireworks, your initial sense of panic over having to befriend one of the Kalosian trainers in order to obtain a Pokémon from their safari zone settles when you notice a confident young man named Jean who appears to be quite laid-back, friendly, and approachable. Perhaps this will be easier than you'd first thought. Introducing yourself on somewhat of a fraudulent note, you accept the Safari Ball Jean offers you and walk by his side as he leads you into his zone.

"I'm glad you've chosen me to be your friend, Frederick," Jean says with a smile as you enter his safari. A pond sits in the corner of a fenced-off area where the next zone begins, but there is plenty of room for Pokémon to roam so you keep your eyes peeled for any signs of new and exciting Pokémon. "Tell me about yourself and Error," Jean continues, eyeing the excited Magnemite curiously. "How long have you been travelling together?"

As you begin to answer Jeans question you step into some tall grass only to be confronted by a small grey and white creature with big blue eyes and a small stone in its head who appears to be rather upset. "This is a Carbink," Jean says with a smile. "I wonder what has it looking so sad...?"

Treepandaone: The rhythmic clickety-clack of train tracks barely registers in your conscious mind as you reflect upon your Fizzy Bubbles journeys to date, along with some of the decisions you've made along the way. While most have been positive, there are some filled with regret, but today as you travel to your destination you are full of hope and excitement as new Pokémon have been found and are being unveiled today amidst extensive celebrations and fanfare. Finally reaching your destination you exit the train and allow Cradily to accompany you over to the main event where fireworks announce the arrival of eight Kalosian trainers offering you a unique opportunity to catch a Pokémon from their native land. Taking a shine to Jean, Cradily leads you over to the young man who smiles warmly, welcoming you to his safari and guiding you inside.

The three of you head out into a large grassy area with a pond in the corner. Short fences have been erected around the zone, but you can see that there is plenty of room for Pokémon to roam. "So tell me a little about yourself," Jean smiles, genuinely interested in hearing all about you. "You have a very rare Pokémon accompanying you today, I'm sure you must have had many amazing adventures."

Soon after you notice a small black and yellow Pokémon basking in the sunshine, seemingly oblivious to your presence. "This is a Helioptile," Jean says. "Perhaps you will like to say hello?"

myahoo: Though not overly fussed about all of the new Pokémon being introduced to the region today you go along to the Friend Safari anyway as it's nice to take part in an event from time to time. Watching the fireworks and listening to the introductory speeches, none of the Kalosian trainers really jump out at you as being "the one" you'd like to befriend so you hop into Jean's queue seeing as he appears to have the last amount of trainers in his group. When your turn comes up you introduce yourself and Wildfire to the boy making it clear that you're not sure catching a Pokémon will be enough to secure a friendship between you. Jean grins at this, obviously not at all taken aback by your attitude. "Ah yes, this is true mon amie," Jean agrees. "But is it not the journey that helps to form this bond? I am sure we will have a great time together!"

Not as convinced as Jean that this will be the case, but certainly willing to go along for the ride, you eventually enter his safari zone with Cyndaquil by your side. Short fences have been erected around the zone but you can see that each one has a large expanse of grassy area with a pond in the corner and plenty of space for Pokémon to roam. "So Melissa, tell me about the day you met your lovely Wildfire".

A short time later you're passing by a rotting tree stump when you notice a strange Pokémon hovering to the side of it, staring blankly at you. A shiver runs up your spine then Jean pipes up with, "That is a Phantump. In my country they prefer to live in abandoned forests. This one seems to be interested in you."

Itzatrap: After all of the advertising and news coverage this event has so far been given, you can hardly believe that the long-awaited day of reckoning has finally arrived but here it is and here you are, standing in the crowd and watching the eight trainers from Kalos announce the news of their "Friend Safari". Kuri is excited as well, the little Venonat analysing the situation just as thoughtfully as you, and since you both like the look of Jean you make your way over to the boy and introduce yourselves. "I am pleased to meet with you, Rob. And you too, Kuri," Jean replies with a smile. "I know we will have a great time and become great friends.

The three of you head out into a large grassy area with a pond in the corner. Short fences have been erected around the zone, but you can see that there is plenty of room for Pokémon to roam. "So tell me a little about yourself," Jean says, opening the dialogue for coversation. "It appears you have been travelling for a while, do you enjoy living the life of a Pokémon Trainer?"

Soon you are approaching the zone's pond when you notice a little black and yellow Pokémon taking a drink from it. "Over there is a Helioptile," Jean announces, pointing at the strange-looking new species. Suddenly it looks up at you and takes a few wary steps backward as it notices it has an audience. "Maybe if you try and talk to it it will come close enough for you to catch?" Jean suggests before waiting upon you to decide...

Talon87: The grand opening of the much publicised Kalos event has finally arrived, and along with hundreds of other people you have come to learn all about the new Pokémon being introduced to the land. A friend safari seems like an unusual idea, but certainly not an unreasonable one, though the more you think about friendship the more your thoughts turn to the one team mate of yours who concerns you the most - Mankey. A tough cookie, and a dangerous one, Mankey for all intents and purposes would appear to be the least likely candidate for an event such as this, but then again... Perhaps an event such as this is exactly what you both need. With Mankey in mind you look over the Kalosian ambassadors and choose Jean as the trainer you would like to befriend as he appears to be the most likely of all of these people to adequately handle your unruly primate. Decision made, you introduce yourself to the boy who smiles warmly back at both you and Celes.

Shortly afterwards the three of you head into Jean's safari where you see short fences have been erected around the zone. A large expanse of grassy area is set out before you with a pond in the corner, and as you walk Jean attempts to get your conversation started. "So tell me a little about yourself, Cyrus. What it is you like to do. What kind of Pokémon you train. That sort of thing."

Not long after you notice a small grey and white Pokémon loitering by the tall grass, not looking quite certain as to whether it really wants to go in there. "Oh, look at that! It's a Carbink!" Jean cries, pointing to the indecisive Pokémon. "They spend a lot of time underground so aren't the easiest Pokémon to find. Perhaps you will like to make friends with this Pokémon? Jean asks, patiently awaiting your answer...

Manon's Friend Safari - Please reply in red

Charminions: If the excitement and elaborate display of fireworks is anything to go by then it's safe to assume today's event is something big, and you're happy to be a part of it. Listening to the introductory speeches you then examine all eight of the Kalos-native trainers, looking through each of them carefully to try and help determine which of their safari's you'd like to be a part of. Your eyes cannot go beyond the cute little redhead, though, and with a nudge of encouragement from Sheba you nervously move forward and introduce yourself.

"It is certainly lovely to meet you, Charm," Manon smiles warmly, taking your arm and linking it through hers before leading you into her safari. Sheba follows closely, just as curious about this new area as you, and while you walk you take note of the small fences erected around each of the zones. Each has a large grassy area with a small pond and while you keep your eyes peeled for Pokémon you're certainly distracted by Manon whose rather sexy accent is making her all the more appealing. "So Charm, tell me a little about yourself," she says, leaning forward to scratch Sheba behind the ear. "How did you and Sheba first meet?"

Just then you notice a section of tall grass shaking before it parts to reveal a little fox-like Pokémon sniffing the air curiously after picking up your scent. "Oooh, it appears we have a Fenniken come to check you out, Charm," Manon claps excitedly. "These are very rare Pokémon, you should not miss your chance to say hello".

Lass El: Thrilled to have found out about an event before its conclusion you arrive at the Friend Safari introductory celebration just in time to watch the impressive fireworks display. Watching the introduction with interest you're a little uncomfortable with the idea of trying to make friends whilst dressed like you're going to a rubiks cube party but that problem soon seems to sort itself out when you inadvertently find yourself crashing into one of the young ladies you'd seen up on stage. Wildly embarrassed you apologies profusely to the girl who helps you to your feet with a huge smile. "I hope you are ok," Manon says with a smile. "You've not hurt yourself have you?" she then asks, her smile turning into a concerned frown. Upon assuring her that you are fine, and introducing yourself as Eliza, Manon takes your arm in hers and leads you into her safari.

The three of you walk into the zone where you see small fences have been erected around each area. Each contains a large grassy area with pond in the corner. "Please tell me about yourself," Manon says with a smile, walking hand in hand beside you. "What better way to become good friends than to learn about each other!'

Soon after you're approaching the pond when you notice the tall grass beside it rustling. A moment later what appears to be a little ice cube steps out to stare curiously at you. "Eliza, this is a Bergmite. They usually live in the snowy mountains but I have brought this one here to introduce to my new friends," she beams proudly, looking at the little Ice Chunk Pokémon with adoration...

CyberBlastoise: Standing amidst the crowd facing a group of eight trainers up on stage announcing the beginning of their Friend Safari you watch the show with interest, wondering exactly how the event they are describing can be classified as a game... Oh well, what does it really matter anyway so long as you can get a Pokémon out of it. Megas studies the trainers while you do, your eyes finally falling upon a young redhead. Although there is nothing specific you are conscious of that has drawn you to her, something about this girl just feels right and so you approach her. Introducing yourself, you feel a slight blush coming on when she smiles broadly in return to your awkward use of her native tongue. "I am happy to meet you too, Bill," Manon replies, her warm smile immediately settling your nerves and putting you at ease.

Shortly afterwards the three of you head into her safari where you see short fences have been erected around the zone. A large expanse of grassy area is set out before you with a pond in the corner, and as you walk Manon attempts to get your conversation started. "So tell me, Bill. What is it that made you want to become a Pokémon trainer?"

Eventually you step into some ltall grass where you very nearly trip over a little fox-like Pokémon. "Oooh!" Manon squeals, excited. "You have found a Fenniken! These Pokémon are very rare, even in Kalos. It is cute, is it not?" she asks, her tone clearly indicating this to be a totally rhetoric question...

OkikuMew: Bored out of your mind you practically burst out of your skin upon hearing the news of a Friend Safari being brought to Fizzy Bubbles by people from a far away continent named Kalos which also happens to be a place some of your distant relatives hailed from. Excited, you immediately set out for the event and arrive just in time to watch the opening celebrations and listen to the speeches of the eight Kalosian representatives. It isn't a hard decision for you to make when deciding upon which of these trainers you'd like to befriend, as Manon's great taste in colours alongside her particularly stylish appearance wins you over immediately. There is just that one little thing though... that doesn't quite sit right.... and so upon introducing yourself to the cute little redhead you feel you just have to ask, if a little awkwardly, if she may actually be a he.

"Oh you are so funny!" Manon squeals with delight. "This is not a question one expects to hear, but between you and me," she continues, her voice dropping to a whisper, "I think it will be fun to let you decide." With a wink and a giggle Manon takes your arm and leads you into her safari, leaving you a tad confused as to the girl's true gender, yet at the same time intrigued by her response. With Ayla walking alongside you, not quite sure what to make of the conversation just had, you look around to see that short fences have been erected around the zone. A large expanse of grassy area is set out before you with a pond in the corner. "So tell me what makes you tick, Okiku," Manon asks with a twinkle in her eye. "If we are to be friends we must get to know one another quite well, don't you think?"

A short time later you find yourself facing a small Pokémon resembling a block of ice. "This is a Bergmite," Manon says with a smile. "They live in the very top of Kalos' snowy mountain ranges. It is very cute, yes?"

Stark: After looking forward to this event you can't say that you're at all disappointed in the celebrations expertly executed today, especially when one of the Kalosian ambassadors is so very, very cute. Immediately drawn to the stylish redhead who, incidentally, appears to love red as much as you, her heavy accent only makes her all the more appealing. Not even entertaining the thought of choosing one of the other seven trainers safari's to explore you walk confidently up to the girl and introduce yourself and Rio, and with a sly grin announce that you are looking forward to having some fun in her garden. Manon blushes at this but doesn't skip a beat, a wicked grin of her own appearing in return. "I'm sure we will both have fun, Mr Stark," Manon replies with a twinkle in her eye. "Please follow me to let the adventure begin."

The three of you soon head into her safari where you see short fences have been erected around the zone. A large expanse of grassy area is set out before you with a pond in the corner. As you walk into the tall grass Manon asks, "So could you maybe tell me a little about yourself? If we are to be friends we must find out what each other likes to do. You seem to be an... How do you say it? Accomplished? Yes. Accomplished trainer. What got you started on this path?"

As you continue to walk you notice a wildly fluffy puppy gallivanting around the zone, seemingly in pursuit of an invisible prey - unless there's something you're completely missing here. "Ooooh!" Manon exclaims, clapping excitedly. "Furfrou are historically famed for being the designated guardians of the kings of Kalos. Also, their coats are often groomed into stylish trims. This one looks to be very playful!"
Old 07-04-2014, 10:43 AM   #130
Emi
Barghest Barghest Barghe-

Send a message via Skype™ to Emi
Quote:

blazeVA: Well Francesco’s plan had worked even if he had hurt his head the Binalce had let go of your leg and was eyeing up the Wurmple as a nuisance, one that should be dealt with. Francesco wasn’t deterred however, he saw the challenge before him and welcomed it, he would battle should you allow him to. Sensing his desire to prove himself you allow him having the upmost faith in his abilities despite his little size and level. Francesco lowers his head and taunts the Binacle who merely glares at the little bug is disbelief, like this creature could defeat it!

This allows Francesco to get the first move in and he spits out an Electroweb that covers the startled Binacle and zaps it dealing pain and slowing it down in the process. Binacle winces from the super-effective attack and begins to Scratch away at the net hoping to get it off. Francesco grins and offers up more bold words before firing a Poison Sting, the small needles smacking into Binacle, most bouncing off the rocks but several embedded in its soft necks and it suddenly gained a sickly look in its face-hands.

“What a stroke of luck to poison it on the first attempt,” Yvette said clearly impressed with how your little Wurmple was handling himself.

Binacle manages to get free from the netting and fires a Water Gun right at Francesco knocking him over, that had hurt a bit. Francesco gets back to his feet and lets loose a String Shot that wraps around its necks and ties them together. The faces look a bit alarmed and unsure of what to do. With a begrudging look it uses Withdraw to hide in its rock and boost its defences.
Blaze watched as the creature stared in disbelief at Francesco's taunts towards it, as if it could believe that his Wurmple could defeat him. Blaze admitted on the inside that if he was going to win this battle, he was going to have to work pretty hard at it. It might even take a bit of time to win. 'But I'm sure I can do this. I haven't lost my touch from back when I had a winning streak.' Francesco gets the first move against him, spitting out some of the silk that Blaze recognized from the previous time he used it, the powerful Electroweb attack. The electrified web covers the Binacle, causing it to wince in pain as the web deals nice electrical damage from it, as well as the webbing itself slowing him down. This was part of Blaze's plan: to cover him in enough silk that the Binacle would simply be unable to attack at all. It didn't work as well as Blaze had hoped. The Binacle begins to furiously scratch away at the netting around it, trying to tear it apart with its sharp claws. Blaze wasn't able to see if it had much of an effect, but what he could see was that Francesco's confidence was bolstered. "You must be trapped in the tempo of my dance! Let's get to the next performance, shall we!?" He says boldly, high on the success of his previous move. Blaze smiled at his partner's gusto, he hadn't expected his partner to be so confident about battling. 'Maybe its because a battle is sort of like a dance between two people. Come to think of it, aren't battle dances a thing?'

Francesco fired off a round of Poison Sting from his larger spines on his back, the small purple needles shooting across the gap between them and striking the Binacle. Most of the needles bounce off of the rock that the Binacle was in, something Blaze figured since it was...well a rock. But some of the needles hit the softer portion of his neck and embed themselves into it, and Blaze watched as a sickly pallor came over the Binacle's faces. 'What luck! It stuck on the first hit! I wasn't expecting this to go that easily.' “What a stroke of luck to poison it on the first attempt,” Yvette said, and Blaze gave a small chuckle. "Yeah, that's pretty cool. I was expecting it to take a few tries before it stuck, but this works a lot better!" Francesco had a battle hungry gleam in his eyes from his previous success, but suddenly his confidence fell. The Binacle was able to free itself from the webbing, and its mouths filled up with water before suddenly one of the mouths sprayed out a massive blast of water that smashed into Francesco, causing him to get knocked over. "That attack might have hurt a bit, but there is no way I'm giving up yet!" Francesco gets right back on his feet, and Blaze smiled. 'He's doing great. He's honestly doing great for his first time.' Francesco then shot out a strand of silk from his mouth, the silk binding around the two face-hands and causes them to get tied together. Blaze cheered a bit as it did this, grateful that his plans, so far, had all worked to perfection and not much had gone wrong. The Binacle, clearly unsure on what to do now that his heads were bound together, and goes to Withdraw into its rock and boost its defense.

Blaze looked at Francesco and looked at his opponent. From the position of where Blaze was at, they definetely had the advantage, and they could possibly get the Binacle to surrender and submit. Even if they couldn't, they still had the poisoning wearing him down and his Electroweb attack to inflict some super-effective damage. The question was: How should they proceed from here? Blaze thought about it and decided that the best plan was too simply invoke a silk tidal wave: constantly apply Francesco's silk over and over again. "Alright Francesco, we have the advantage here and let's take care not to lose it. Start off by covering him in an Electroweb, then reinforce it with your String Shot. Finish with another Electroweb."
Old 07-04-2014, 11:49 AM   #131
Charminions
Your reality is mine

Quote:
Originally Posted by enchantress View Post

Charminions: If the excitement and elaborate display of fireworks is anything to go by then it's safe to assume today's event is something big, and you're happy to be a part of it. Listening to the introductory speeches you then examine all eight of the Kalos-native trainers, looking through each of them carefully to try and help determine which of their safari's you'd like to be a part of. Your eyes cannot go beyond the cute little redhead, though, and with a nudge of encouragement from Sheba you nervously move forward and introduce yourself.

"It is certainly lovely to meet you, Charm," Manon smiles warmly, taking your arm and linking it through hers before leading you into her safari. Sheba follows closely, just as curious about this new area as you, and while you walk you take note of the small fences erected around each of the zones. Each has a large grassy area with a small pond and while you keep your eyes peeled for Pokémon you're certainly distracted by Manon whose rather sexy accent is making her all the more appealing. "So Charm, tell me a little about yourself," she says, leaning forward to scratch Sheba behind the ear. "How did you and Sheba first meet?"

Just then you notice a section of tall grass shaking before it parts to reveal a little fox-like Pokémon sniffing the air curiously after picking up your scent. "Oooh, it appears we have a Fenniken come to check you out, Charm," Manon claps excitedly. "These are very rare Pokémon, you should not miss your chance to say hello".
"Dour!" Sheba barks a playful greeting, sticking her tongue out as her tail wags side to side.

"It is certainly lovely to meet you, Charm," Manon smiles before taking Charm by the arm to her safari. She linked her arm with mine! he thought to himself, his mind going crazy as his face almost matched the redness of Manon's hair, though he said nothing for fear of looking stupid.

While his mind is distracted, Sheba follows closely and looks around to see fences surround each area. Each area being littered with tall grass and a small pond. Charm was just beginning to look away from Manon, realizing he had to keep his eyes out for new Pokemon when her enchanting accent came in again, "So Charm, tell me a little about yourself," she says before scratching Sheba behind the ear- to which Sheba's tail wags viciously to show she enjoyed it. "How did you and Sheba first meet?"

Charm takes a moment to clear his throat, preparing himself for what will be another battle with words. "Well... I'm f-from the Hoenn region, you see. I c-came to Fizzytopia a c-couple years ago with my Torchic in search of adventure. I hatched Sh-sheba and several other Pokemon along my journey," he spoke, gradually beginning to speak clearer, "I h-have a thing for Fire-types like Sheba here. They're what inspire me to be a trainer..."

He stops, suddenly hearing a loud ruffling of grass. He looks about to see a small yellow fox Pokemon sniffing the air as it parts the grass to come into view. "Oooh, it appears we have a Fenniken come to check you out, Charm," Manon claps with excitement. "These are very rare Pokémon, you should not miss your chance to say hello".

An alarm went off in Charm's head, "Fennekin, eh? They look like they could be a fire-type." And they kind of look like Vulpix too, he thought, not daring to say that last bit out loud in case Sheba overheard- her relationship with his own Vulpix is still uneasy. While a straight up battle to catch the Fennekin is what Charm would instinctively do, he stops to realize that this opportunity would be good for Sheba to work on her communication with others. The trainer then kneels down to the Houndour, "Alright, Sheba, we're going to become friends with the Fennekin, okay? I want you to offer her this Oran Berry and say hello. Remember what I said before, be nice!" The Houndour gives out a soft bark, wagging her tail as Charm smiles, petting her some more before taking out the Oran Berry from his bag and placing it in her mouth. "Go on now, Sheba, you can do it!"
Old 07-04-2014, 12:42 PM   #132
EpicSquirtle
Adrift in a sea of dreams

Quote:

EpicSquirtle: Perhaps some more creative writing including proper paragraphs with a little less dialogue next time? I'd really like to see you flesh out your character a little more.

After hearing about the introduction of new Pokémon to the land you waste no time in hotfooting it over to the celebrations introducing the big event. While Error is excited by everything including the fireworks, your initial sense of panic over having to befriend one of the Kalosian trainers in order to obtain a Pokémon from their safari zone settles when you notice a confident young man named Jean who appears to be quite laid-back, friendly, and approachable. Perhaps this will be easier than you'd first thought. Introducing yourself on somewhat of a fraudulent note, you accept the Safari Ball Jean offers you and walk by his side as he leads you into his zone.

"I'm glad you've chosen me to be your friend, Frederick," Jean says with a smile as you enter his safari. A pond sits in the corner of a fenced-off area where the next zone begins, but there is plenty of room for Pokémon to roam so you keep your eyes peeled for any signs of new and exciting Pokémon. "Tell me about yourself and Error," Jean continues, eyeing the excited Magnemite curiously. "How long have you been travelling together?"

As you begin to answer Jeans question you step into some tall grass only to be confronted by a small grey and white creature with big blue eyes and a small stone in its head who appears to be rather upset. "This is a Carbink," Jean says with a smile. "I wonder what has it looking so sad...?"

Shortly after receiving the safari ball, Jean lead Error and Jake into his zone, where new pokemon were sure to greet them. As the trio arrived at the safari, Jean thanked Jake for
having picked him to be friends with. ''I should be the one thanking you'' Jake replied
''If it wasn't for you or your friends, I wouldn't be participating in such an awesome event So thank you for letting me have a shot at catching a brand new pokemon'' The teen finished.

Jake then turned his attention to what lay ahead. It was a big area, Jean's zone, there was plenty of room for all kinds of pokemon to roam, and he was going to find one. Jake looked all around the area from where he was, hoping to spot something. But Jake couldn't find any pokemon before Jean spoke again.

"Tell me about yourself and Error,'' Jean said as he observed the overly excited Magnemite, who was shaking as he floated along. "How long have you been travelling together?"

Jake had to think about this for a few moments. When did he first meet Error?
''We've been traveling for a few months now'' Jake responded
''Though we haven't been''
''Look, it's a new pokemon!'' Error droned, cutting Jake off.
Jake hadn't even noticed that he had walked into some tall grass, but there he was and right ahead was a very strange looking pokemon.

''This is a Carbink," Jean said with a smile. "I wonder what has it looking so sad...?"
''A Carbink?'' Jake asked perplexed as he stared at the Kalosian pokemon.

''Wait, what am I doing?! I need to find out what is troubling the poor pokemon.'' Jake thought to himself.
''But how am I going to do that? I don't want Carbink to get the wrong idea and if Error helps, he could just cause more trouble..'' Jake was starting to panic
''No, I'm doubting myself again, I can do it. No need to panic, just take things slow, let's just ask the Carbink what's wrong first, yeah that's a good idea!''

''I'm not going to hurt you, umm.... Carbink, can you show me why you're so upset?''
Jake asked in a soft tone, not wanting to upset the Carbink even more.

Last edited by EpicSquirtle; 07-04-2014 at 03:23 PM.
Old 07-04-2014, 04:21 PM   #133
Whimsy
Dance till you're dead~

Send a message via Skype™ to Whimsy
Quote:
Byron’s Zone: please reply in brown
swampertforever: You can only apologise to Byron at the horrible example your monkeys were setting, not all your Pokemon behaved like this you swore. He smiled at you understanding that some Pokemon liked to play tricks and mess around but suggested a Pokemon a little calmer to add to your team. At those words you stop as you spot brown and cream whizz past your vision. It appeared to be circling you and Red took a defensive stance, prepared to fight whatever might be lurking in the grass. It suddenly leapt out and stood wagging its tail happily, it was a cute little Eevee. It knelt down, its bum in the air as it bounced back and forth, it looked like it wanted to play. You walk over to the little creature and stroke its head and it nuzzles your hand enjoying the petting you gave it. You can’t turn down its offer of play and ask what game it wants to play. It suddenly leaps back barking happily before leaping over to Red and tapping him with its paw and leaping away wanting Red to follow it.

“I think it wants to play tag with your Pokemon, do you think they can play tag without being too rough with it?” Byron asked with a coy smile.

It was one of those too cute to describe moments where you just had to be there to understand it. As Michael fussed Eevee, it started to nuzzle back into his hand in enjoyment causing Michael to squee in adoration. Eevee barked happily when it learned he was going to be played with, before bounding over to the still wary Red and tagging him with his paw. It immediately ran off afterwards, motioning for Red to follow it. As Byron asked his question, Michael looked between Red and Blue.
"They're only rough with each other, i'm certain he'd be fine"
He then turned to Red, attempting (and failing) to mimic Byron's coy smile
"See, it just wants a game of tag. Can you do that, Red?"
Red said nothing, instead sizing up the Eevee. It didn't seem that threatening, really . In fact, it was rearing down on his front legs and leaping about like a small overexcited child. It was kind of cute, in a way. Nothing to be worried about, right? And if Michael could trust it...
With a smirk of confidence, Red dropped his defensive stance and clenched his fist in front of him. Fire burned in his eyes as he made his decision, calling out to Eevee as if challenging it. He then sprang forwards as fast as he can, trying to close the distance with the evolution Pokemon.
Michael watched as Red gave chase to the Eevee. He noticed that the Pansear had that look in his eyes not unlike the look he would have when battling. He chuckled - it was just a childish game of tag but Red was being completely serious as per usual. Well, at least he was having fun. He grinned and turned to Blue.
"Don't you want to join in too?" He asked the Panpour, "Go on, it won't hurt you."
Blue gave a chitter of excitement before joining Red in his chase. As he caught up to Red, he couldn't help but give the Pansear a light tickling to try to get him to lighten up. It worked, the Pansear couldn't suppress his smile any longer. The mood was successfully lightened, and the game could properly begin!
Michael laughed at the sight of his two monkeys playing with the Eevee. The pair of them were acting like kids, running and laughing as they tried to catch the Eevee. At some point, Red had caught Blue and made him it, but there wasn't any funny business involved in the capture. It was like they'd forgotten about their arguments up to this point. He thought back to what his guide had said. Maybe Byron was right - maybe a Pokemon like Eevee was the right sort of addition to his squad. With a resolute nod, the trainer pulled out the Safari Ball he was holding in his pocket and called out to the Eevee.
"So, little buddy. What do you say you come join me, Blue and Red here? I promise we'll have a lot of fun!"
Michael thought for a second, before adding,
"Well, you don't have to decide now. You guys finish your game of tag first, if you want."

Fizzy Bubbles Profile/Whimlist/ASB/Wild Future
Inactive Ref, laziness op~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost™ View Post
In Mother 3 Swampy was Flint and you were Hinawa. You two were a wonderful couple. Icarus was your dog, and Toy and I were your twin sons. Well, until a dinosaur impaled you through the heart. So yes, where is he!?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Panda View Post
#still
#fucking
#salty

Old 07-04-2014, 04:24 PM   #134
Treepandaone
Original Gangsters

Quote:

Treepandaone: The rhythmic clickety-clack of train tracks barely registers in your conscious mind as you reflect upon your Fizzy Bubbles journeys to date, along with some of the decisions you've made along the way. While most have been positive, there are some filled with regret, but today as you travel to your destination you are full of hope and excitement as new Pokémon have been found and are being unveiled today amidst extensive celebrations and fanfare. Finally reaching your destination you exit the train and allow Cradily to accompany you over to the main event where fireworks announce the arrival of eight Kalosian trainers offering you a unique opportunity to catch a Pokémon from their native land. Taking a shine to Jean, Cradily leads you over to the young man who smiles warmly, welcoming you to his safari and guiding you inside.

The three of you head out into a large grassy area with a pond in the corner. Short fences have been erected around the zone, but you can see that there is plenty of room for Pokémon to roam. "So tell me a little about yourself," Jean smiles, genuinely interested in hearing all about you. "You have a very rare Pokémon accompanying you today, I'm sure you must have had many amazing adventures."

Soon after you notice a small black and yellow Pokémon basking in the sunshine, seemingly oblivious to your presence. "This is a Helioptile," Jean says. "Perhaps you will like to say hello?"
OoC: Thanks for the update Tess, hope you're feeling well and Ivy-Rose is doing good too.

Matthew shuddered as his hand made contact with the green and white camouflage safari ball. Memories jolted back like electric shocks; painfully fragmented pieces recollecting back into a memorable selection. Remnants soon turned into cohesion, bringing back the Pokémon trainer's adventure in Lyanazia safari park like a floodgate, piecing back together in a matter of mere seconds. Recollection; Castform; Cherubi; Pinsir; Susie and Twiggie. A gasp of air brought him back to reality and a weak smile confirmed he was alright to Jean the guide. Matthew had been experiencing such flashbacks for some time now, a direct result of his memory loss some two years back; a private adventure to somewhere that had him lose any knowledge of his past. Any number of clues seemed to bring them back, this time the Safari Ball, of which he had one of his own collected back at his base, the source for that period of time in his life.

It was another stark reminder of the Pokémon he once held on his team but never kept. Nimbus was the first Pokémon he had ever bought after his big casino win, and while the Pokémon was exceptionally cute and practical, he never fit with Matthew's ultimate team goal; a whim if you will. There were others that certainly befell such a tragedy over the years, and going into the Pokémon safari Matthew knew he also had to be aware of similar feelings. He steadied himself for seeing all new kinds of Pokémon, and while he didn't know what lay ahead, which of the many new reported species from the Kalos region he could encounter, there was an overwhelming feeling that he would need to remain strong and pass on those he felt couldn't keep. It was the Pokémon's right as much as anything; they deserved a loving home, and if the veteran adventurer couldn't promise that, no matter how cute or interactive, they would be better served finding a more suitable home.

There was also the issue of rejection. If he needed to be aware of Pokémon feelings, and the possibility of emotional scarring, he would also need to make sure he rejected the Pokémon in a manner that would make sense to them. Assured in himself that he could manage such feats, Matthew stroked Cradily's petals once more, noding to Jean to lead the way into whatever he had planed.

A quick journey, however longer due to Cradily's small legs and top-heavy torso, and the three arrived at the catching zone. A large grassy area with room for pond life greeted the trainer, who smiled at the implications of such a life. He was certainly apprehensive about the conditions of Pokémon that would be nothing but a temporary event, those captured from their homeland and transported to Fizzy Bubbles could easily be abused, but the oraganic-esque environment gave his heart a break from sorrow. He wasn't sure if he expected such open plains for Pokémon to play and feel natural or not, but there was some trepidation that Pokémon would be couped up in cages and sold in a black market.

It wasn't odd that that's how the Pokémon trainer thought; from a youth of growing up in fear of Team Rocket to the incredible adventures one has had since his arrival at Fizzy Bubbles region there was almost a reason to feel paranoid. Adventures in this place often took a turn for the dark side, and while he had previously meditated on the prospects of needing to feel that danger, it was a relief that today there might be no crazy twist that sends the adventure into a spiral for control. He chuckled under his breath at the thought of a two-government party, Kalos and Fizzy Bubbles, conspiring to keep Pokémon in non-sanitary conditions. The notion was preposterous, even for him.

"So tell me a little about yourself," Jean asked with a smile, You have a very rare Pokémon accompanying you today, I'm sure you must have had many amazing adventures."

Taking a few seconds, Matthew breathed in a large breath of fresh air before giving another weak smile back at his Pokémon guide. It was a difficult question.

“I would like to tell you that rarity of Pokémon means nothing to me, all Pokémon should be judged on their merit and my team is consisted of Pokémon that all mean something to me … but I'm not sure that is wholey the case. Sure, I believe the latter of my Pokémon, common or rare, but there's something about the acquisition of the majority of my team that makes me doubt myself. I've bought most, traded for near all the rest. Only a few have been hatched by me, and sometimes I question the conviction of my patience.”

There was truth in his words. In Matthew's current squad, only two Pokémon were hatched by him; Crim the Team Pocket Zigzagoon and the newly born Exeggcute. For everything else, Matthew had parted with cash to big game hunters in order to collect and resurrect fossils or rare Pokémon. Others he traded for when certain favourite species came up in the waiver wire that is the White Market house. He had still yet to keep a Pokémon he had caught, and it weighed heavy on his soul. First captures are meant to be special and cherished, but Matthew threw away Shinx because he didn't like the specieis; the Pokémon trainer's action reprehensible. Lexi, as she was called back then, found a new home for a trade price, but Matthew's want for a small squad made only of Pokémon he liked gave doubt to the latter part of his previous statement. He moved on, hoping his self-deprecation had not dampened the Jean's spirits

“I'm sorry. Uh. You didn't want to hear me ramble I'm sure. Back to your question. Yes, I am very fortunate to have come to Fizzy Bubbles. The adventures here have shaped my career as a Pokémon trainer, and though some were difficult trails, I wouldn't change any of them. Fizzy Bubbles is my home, a place I look forward to seeing, and I haven't even begun to scratch the surface of this wonderful place. I'm sure Kalos is the same for you. Home has that affect on the heart, no? Why don't you tell me a story from your nation?”

His Pokédex beeped as it received the updated info from the WiFi, causing the Pokémon trainer to stop suddenly and look around. His sights set on a small yellow lizard basking in the sun.

“Helioptile. They make their home in deserts. They can generate their energy from basking in the sun, so eating food is not a requirement.” the Pokédex's mechanical voice spoke.

“Cute, but not for me. Let's leave without disturbing it and look for something else”, Matthew whispered as he pointed in another direction, “Now, about that story Jean”

Last edited by Treepandaone; 07-04-2014 at 04:31 PM.
Old 07-04-2014, 06:52 PM   #135
Emp
Volcano Badge

Quote:

empoleon dynamite: In your drug-induced state the Scatterbug looked horrifically demonic as it crawled over your chest, it was practically drooling ready to devour your face. It’s hundreds of eyes widen in shock as you attempt to remove it from your body flailing your legs around. Angelique appeared even more concerned than before and Scatterbug squeaked in fear before running away through the grass regretting have ever settled on your body. You try to regain some composure and answer the young woman’s question, but it was a bit late for that now. You get back to your feet and meet her eyes which were still full of concern and she nods her head at your decision to move on. You mention that Mojo liked to dance and the Tangrowth had a glint in his eye, the idea filling his mind so much so that he shuffled and tapped his feet as he moved unconsciously dancing as he walked. Angelique relaxed a little at your normal answer and smiled at your Pokemon’s antics and you continued through the grass land.

The fresh air begins to bring you back round to your senses and clears your mind as you stroll, she had been right the walk was helping. Suddenly though you miss your footing and fall butt over face nearly barrelling into Mojo in the process. He continues to bop up and down as he turns to face you and you wonder what you tripped over. There were vines ensnaring your feet and as you followed them to their source you could see a pair of brown eyes and a wicked grin through the grass.

“That’s a nasty little trick this little Chespin has pulled, are you all right, do you need a hand up?” Angelique asks with a frown that she gives to the grass type who only belly laughs before trying to pull you towards it.
The shaggy caveman was in his element as he whipped through the wild thickets with a spring in his step. Bashful as he was, Mojo had taken a shine the stranger, and even blushed when she smiled at his antics. Wes could only snicker as he started to come to – his lungs filling with fresh air again as he inhaled nature’s detox. His senses sharpened too. The fence was no longer looming overhead, easing his anxiety some. Hallucinogenics had permanently shifted his perspective of the human experience, but there was nothing like seeing the world with a clear mind. An earthy scent tickled the trainer’s nostrils; maybe Mojo’s good vibrations were rubbing off on him…

THUD

As quick as the vine had cracked against his ankle, Wes was sprawled in the mud arse up. With a disgruntled moan he tried to push himself to his feet while rubbing the flecks of dirt out of his eyes – and failing at both. His foot was caught in something. He blindly felt around until he wrapped his fingers around a thick root, yanking it loose enough to release his shoe as he wriggled loose. With his vision impaired he strained through the underbrush following the vine to its source, a spiny hedgehog Pokémon zooming into focus.

It was another new discovery. The rodent shot him a toothy grin, its chestnut eyes flickering with mischief. Wes studied its features with curiosity: its fur was brown over than a tan underbelly and face, its back and helmet a leafy green with sharp quills protruding from its crown. The grass type was in hysterics at the kid’s expense, but he tried not to let it faze him. Angelique helped him to his feet while Mojo went straight for the culprit visibly fuming. Wes felt a pang of anxiety as he noticed the tips of the Tangrowth’s vine-like arms flicker a poisonous hue.

“Thanks for the hand”, Wes smiled, combing a few stray twigs from out of his hair, “I vote we press on before things get ugly. I’m sure that little rascal will find someone else to tease…”

FB PASBL TL 4

26-4-0 KO74 TP208
B Ref SP 2

Old 07-04-2014, 09:55 PM   #136
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stark View Post
Chantelle's Zone- Please respond in LemonChiffon

lilbluecorsola: Getting out was the order of the day given how long it felt like it had been since you and your partners had done so. Although getting Mary going was a bit difficult given her shyness. Thankfully, Link was there to help. Still, once you arrived at the event and the sheep saw the bright lights she seemed far more at ease than she was when you were at your Secret Base. It took awhile before you figured out which trainer to befriend. In fact, you almost chose a number of other trainers before finally settling on Chantelle. “It's very nice to meet you Jessica. And you too, Mary and Link.” the Kalosian trainer said as she bent down and pet both Mary and Link. “Shall we begin?”

The four of you soon head out into a grassy area with a pond in the corner. Short fences have been erected around the zone, but you can see that there is plenty of room for pokemon to roam. You start to walk into the tall grass when Mary says,” So how long have you three been together? How did you meet? Tell me everything! I want to know all about you all.”

As you continue your walk you notice a patch of flowers. Once you get a little closer you notice one of them start to move. Soon it pops up out of the ground and you see a small white and yellow pokemon on a blue flower rise into the air where it appears to start dancing on the breeze. “It's a Flabébé! Oh I think it's going to dance for us. Then again, it might be just getting ready to draw out the power of the flowers to attack us for getting too close. I'm really not sure...”

What will you do?
OoC - Sorry for the late reply. Been busy with work.

Chantelle greeted the group gladly, and they set off into the safari. As they parted the tall grass, their guide turned to the side and asked of their origins, face flushed with excitement and curiosity. It was Jessica's turn to blush, as she was not usually comfortable with prying questions from strangers, but tried her best to answer politely.

"I met Link a couple years ago, around Christmas, when I found him for offer outside the Cable Club. His previous owner kept him on a chain - because he kept chewing through leashes. The guy couldn't find the key, so something - er, 'we' ended up having to break it. That's why he's still wearing the cuff... I've been meaning to get it removed, but keep forgetting..." She rubbed her head in shameful embarrassment, before leaning in to whisper: "To be honest though, Link doesn't seem to mind. I think he believes it makes him look tough."

Still in private proximity, Jess cast a glance at bundle of fluff trailing behind them, tiptoeing in the imprints of wherever Link forged ahead. The yellow beacon held aloft signaled her position, thus Jess felt safe to put some distance between them so Mary wouldn't hear the discussion of her past.

"How Mary came to be with us is a bit of a strange story... When I went to the Egg House in... August, I think it was, they were talking about some strange Egg that was found in the woods, and were looking for someone to take care of it. They said scientists had discovered it next to the remains of an ancient specimen... I heard it seemed reptilian in nature, so I was really surprised when a regular Mareep hatched, you know? Still…" Her voice descended. "I think there is something 'different' about her. It almost seemed like she literally refused to come out of her shell for so long. Like she was afraid something would happen…"

A rustle behind them, followed by a helpless bleat as Jess looked back to see Mary had tripped over her own cloak. As Link helped her up, Jess smiled and shook her head.

"I doubt there's anything to worry about though. She just seems a bit shy, so I want to help her make friends, explore and see the world. I’m sure it will welcome her with open arms…"

They approached a row of rainbow blooms, and Mary skipped ahead in delight to investigate their taste, drawn by the sweetness. Jess gazed on fondly as her Pokémon played in the patch, realizing how much she had missed this picture. She turned back to Chantelle, gathering her courage to inquire her history and get to know her as well.

"How about you? Where in Kalos do you come from? What made you decide to come here? Did you know the other trainers before this event? What brought you guys together?"

While the two girls were conversing, they were suddenly interrupted by another meep of surprise, as Mary’s frolicking had apparently roused a creature from its flowerbed. The bluebell rose into the air, carrying its dancing queen through the breeze towards them. Mary stared at it in awe, amazed by such a fairytale being appearing straight out of her fantasy. As Chantelle explained its name and purpose, trying to interpret the pattern of its movements, Jessica pulled out her Pokédex for further information, having at least applied the v6.0 upgrade in preparation before coming.

"Flabébé. The Single Bloom Pokémon. When it finds a flower it likes, it dwells on that flower its whole life long. It floats in the wind's embrace with an untroubled heart."

An untroubled heart... So long as they didn't disturb her (as the encyclopedia indicated all of the species' kind were female) dance, surely she would not show aggression towards them? Still, just as a precaution, Jess insinuated herself between Mary and the sprite, standing next to Link. Her loyal knight remained at guard, ready to defend the three damsels if necessary.

"Hello," Jessica addressed the pixie princess diplomatically. "We're not here to hurt you, I promise we come in peace. Would you please allow us to watch your performance?"

Though she figured there was likely nothing to fear, Jess knew that despite popular present opinion, fae could be quite fickle. Friendliness could easily be a façade. While her own gesture of goodwill was genuine – a true entreaty for truce – she signaled to Link as extra insurance in case attempts at amity failed. Bending down, she murmured quietly in his ear:

"If she attacks, try to scare her off with a HOWL. If she persists, deter her with SAND-ATTACK while we escape. If at any point she tries to harm Mary, use ICE FANG to keep her at bay."

Last edited by lilboocorsola; 07-06-2014 at 09:03 PM.
Old 07-06-2014, 04:51 AM   #137
Shadowshocker
used First Impression

Quote:

Shadowshocker: You feel torn between adding Binacle to your team and prolonging your time together with Yvette. She too seems disheartened at the thought of letting you go but knew that she couldn’t stop you, you had after all come to the zone to make friends with the Pokemon there. You remember her offer to show you how to work a holo caster that way you could keep in touch, and who knows, when you were in Kalos perhaps she could show you around. Yvette smiles that cute smile once again and nods rubbing the unshed tears from her eyes.

“Of course I will, I just love the holo-caster and I would be happy to help you work it. It will be nice to keep in touch with you and just let me know when you come to Kalos, I’ll definitely give you a tour of all the best places ... and show you all our technology,” she adds with a wink as your Pokemon grow impatient, reminding you that you still had a mission to complete. You enlarge the Safari Ball giving it one last look before tossing it at Binacle watch as it strikes its rock and absorbs it within. It hardly shakes before it gives the usual ‘ding’ signifying capture. You walk over to it and pick it up scanning it with your Pokedex.

Congratulations. You have captured a Level 05 Female Binacle. Yvette takes your hand once again and begins to lead you out of her zone before placing a chaste kiss on your cheek.

“I had a great time with you too Shadow, good luck raising your new Pokemon,” she said as you turned to leave.

Congratulations on being the third person in my group to capture a Pokemon. I know the adventure was short but I hope you enjoyed it all the same. You can add Binacle’s data to your team now and RP with it immediately upon replying to this post. Have fun ^-^
Binacle's ball in one hand, and Yvette's gently cloying grip in the other, Shadow and company were led out of the zone. Yvette briefed him on the workings of the Holo Caster, enough for him to establish an international connection so the two of them could keep in touch. Eventually the turf gave way to flooring as they returned to the entrance where the Trainers had walked through, when Yvette leaned in and softly kissed him on the cheek. Instantly the scientist felt himself burn like an Ampharos tail, while Lestrange made a noise that sounded either amused or derisive.

"We'll be in touch, Yvette," he murmured, as the two Trainers finally said their goodbyes. He gazed down at Binacle's Safari Ball, the Pokemon that had brought them together. She was another treasured member of the team, and they would see to it that she grew and fit in with the rest of Sector Shadow.

Thanks for the adventure, Arc, and the surprisingly fitting capture despite my rushing through the experience. We'll have fun indeed ^-^

mfw no more mill rogue
Sector Sketch
Shadow's Datafile
The Ankhal Archive
Marc File #1
Quote:
Originally Posted by No one in particular
"Never blame yourself for things out of your control. That's a privilege reserved for everyone else."
Old 07-06-2014, 08:01 AM   #138
Rakurai
Boulder Badge

Quote:

Rakurai: You explain that familial makeup of your two pokemon as you wander through the zone. Both Flandre and Tia reacting in their own sibling rivalry ways. At least until you encounter a Flabébé. It's cuteness is not lost on you, however, it doesn't seem quite like the kind of pokemon that would fit well with your team given how small it is. Plus the fact that you have enough trouble keeping track of the sisters.

The three of you move on, Flandre a little more painfully than the rest of you given the fact that Tia was literally attached at the hip of the charmander due to chomping down on her. Chantelle giggled a bit at the antics of your girls, “They certainly have a certain je nais se qua about them. So are you a dragon trainer? I know Flandre isn't technically a dragon, but she's pretty close to being one?”

Before long you notice a bit of grass rustling ahead of you when out of it comes a small red headed bird who begins pecking at the ground. “Oh my! That's a Fletchling! They can be a little territorial, so if it doesn't fly off if we get close, it might attack.”

What will you do?
Having left the Flabebe behind, Katsura and his two Pokemon continued along with Chantelle in search of a worthy capture. He wasn't particularly concerned about Flandre's little predicament, sparing her only a glance out of the corner of his eye, as he knew Tia didn't mean any real harm and was simply disciplining her for her rude behavior; odd as that may have seemed, coming from the younger of the two. Once she had settled down, Tia decided to release her, the Charmander dusting herself off before glaring at her sister with irritation, to which the Gible flashed a toothy grin in response.

"They certainly have a certain je nais se qua about them.", Chantelle remarked, giggling at the antics of the two Pokemon. "So are you a dragon trainer? I know Flandre isn't technically a dragon, but she's pretty close to being one?"

"Err... Y-yeah, I guess you could call me that.", Katsura stammered in response, having been trying to make sense of her foreign speech when the question had come. "I'm very fond of dragon and dragon-like Pokemon, and I've got a few other then Tia on my hands, though there's still plenty more I'd like to try my hand at raising in the future. Not to say they're the only sort of Pokemon I'm interested in."

Perhaps no sooner then he had finished his last sentence, the grass ahead of him rustled as a red-headed bird Pokemon hopped out into the open and started to peck at the ground, presumably in search of food. “Oh my! That's a Fletchling!", Chantelle exclaimed. "They can be a little territorial, so if it doesn't fly off if we get close, it might attack.”

"Hmm... I'm not terribly familiar with Kalos Pokemon, but I'm pretty sure this is a rather common species." Katsura remarked as he observed the little bird going about its business. "I'd like to hold out and see if I can find something a little rarer. That and I've heard Fletchling can be a little hot-headed...and I think I have enough of that as it is."

He had added in the last bit upon noticing that oblivious to Chantelle's statement, Flandre had started to draw closer to the Fletching to get a better look, but was promptly cut off by Tia, who wasn't interested in her starting a commotion. The Charmander looked like she was about to throw another fit, though she composed herself the moment she saw her sister open her mouth wide as a threat, not wanting to get chomped on again.

"Well, I guess we're off to somewhere else, you two. Let's continue our search, shall we?", he said, his Pokemon both nodding their heads in acknowledgment before running to his side.
Old 07-06-2014, 08:56 AM   #139
Lass El
Idealistic Faepeep

Quote:

Lass El: Thrilled to have found out about an event before its conclusion you arrive at the Friend Safari introductory celebration just in time to watch the impressive fireworks display. Watching the introduction with interest you're a little uncomfortable with the idea of trying to make friends whilst dressed like you're going to a rubiks cube party but that problem soon seems to sort itself out when you inadvertently find yourself crashing into one of the young ladies you'd seen up on stage. Wildly embarrassed you apologies profusely to the girl who helps you to your feet with a huge smile. "I hope you are ok," Manon says with a smile. "You've not hurt yourself have you?" she then asks, her smile turning into a concerned frown. Upon assuring her that you are fine, and introducing yourself as Eliza, Manon takes your arm in hers and leads you into her safari.

The three of you walk into the zone where you see small fences have been erected around each area. Each contains a large grassy area with pond in the corner. "Please tell me about yourself," Manon says with a smile, walking hand in hand beside you. "What better way to become good friends than to learn about each other!'

Soon after you're approaching the pond when you notice the tall grass beside it rustling. A moment later what appears to be a little ice cube steps out to stare curiously at you. "Eliza, this is a Bergmite. They usually live in the snowy mountains but I have brought this one here to introduce to my new friends," she beams proudly, looking at the little Ice Chunk Pokémon with adoration...

El fidgeted nervously as she and Manon headed towards the safari. The other girl seemed friendly enough and, to her relief, decently fluent in the local tongue after all. It was a little strange to hear her full name, but it was nice, too, in a way. Not nice enough to put her nervous smile at ease, though.

El felt herself blush slightly as the topic of herself came up, which only made her more fidgety. "Well, uhm, I'm not all that interesting really. I'm fourteen, and I wanna study marine Pokemon! I've always loved watching that sort of stuff on TV so it seemed obvious? I was gonna stay in school because of that but I'm really not very good with books and classrooms it turns out so mum and dad suggested I take Sparow here," El gestured to the Spearow still resting on her shoulder, "and go on a Pokemon journey. You know, for field experience. It's been scary sometimes, but a lot of fun too! I've met a lot of cool Pokemon and some of them are grumpy but a lot of them are really nice. I'm not sure that I've learnt much, but it's definitely better than school I think. Maybe one day I'll be a famous professor like Mr. Sycamore, do you think?"

Sparow chirped and gave El a gentle peck on her ear. "Oh yeah! This is Sparow! She's been with me forever, it feels like. I saved her one day and now she can't really fly and I can't really swim but that's okay because she's nice and puts up with her name being a result of me not being able to spell. Or say Spearow. Right, girl?" El grinned, now genuine with her nerves lost to thoughts of her little avian partner. She reached up and stroked Sparow's belly, which was met with happy chirping.

"I... I did bring another Pokemon, too. I don't like leaving her at home because she's a little special and none of my pokemon are really all that cut out for fighting, you know? She's too friendly for her own good." El was at last shaken from her self-centred rambling as she noticed a pond surrounded by tall grass. She was immediately captivated by the body water and gently jogged towards it. Before she got a chance to look too long at it though, Sparow noticed the grass begin to shake. A quick squawk and El was paying attention to it as well.

El was lost for words as a very squat pokemon waddled into view, which was just as well because that was the only reason she heard Manon begin to speak. "Eliza, this is a Bergmite. They usually live in the snowy mountains but I have brought this one here to introduce to my new friends."

"Sweet dear Arceus, it's adorable!" El cried, accidentally flinging Sparow from her shoulder as she bounded towards the living hunk of ice. She knelt down, not caring about the dirt, and began to gently run her hands up its sides. "You get colder higher up! Ow!" She yanked her hands away about three quarters up, as a little bit of frost had started to form on her fingertips. "Do you want to be my friend? I want to be your-- Sparow, don't land on it, it's cold!" The bird swerved out of the way just in time to instead land on the ground beside El. "Anyway, yes, I'm Eliza, Bergmite, and I think you are really cool!"

El would go on to not notice that pun until several weeks later, and it would continue to haunt her for the rest of the day.
Old 07-06-2014, 02:30 PM   #140
Raves
a quick fly cuppa

Location: Life and love make fools of us all. Gods reject the existence of love and life.
Send a message via Skype™ to Raves
Quote:

Seakittenyfool: Angelique listens intently to your story as you recall how you came across your then Snover, it was unique to say the least. You couldn’t quite tell the truth on how you became a trainer and hope that a little white lie but you are saved by splash of water that you nearly choke on. You turn to look at the Skrelp in the pond who had taken to swimming in and around the rock formations showing off its agility. You begin to formulate a plan in your mind and wonder if you could befriend the poison/water type with a bit of friendly competition. You release your Swampert onto the bank of the pond and Skrelp stops swimming to stare up in awe at the much larger water Pokemon. You offer it a challenge, to face off against your Swampert not in battle but it a show of skill, a Water Gun test. Abomasnow holds his arms out and fires a barrage of Razor Leaves slowly enough that they reach a certain point in the sky before floating slowly back down and Swampert breathes in before expertly shooting out a pressurised jet of water piercing the leaves shredding them.

You turn to Skrelp to see its reaction and it stares hard at Swampert before facing up and releasing its own blasts of Water Gun in a thin series of jets that too manage to pierce the leaves leaving them in tatters. In fact it manages to destroy the remaining leaves before giving you and your Pokemon a cocky grin and waiting for you to issue it with another challenge, it could take you on all day long! Angelique grins finding your method of befriending Skrelp innovative.
With a challenge issued, Alex took that moment to observe how the Skrelp seemed to battle, his Swampert meeting the hard stare with intrigue before the fish fires its own set of watery jets that blasts apart the leaves in the air before turning to face the group, giving as cocky a grin as its tiny mouth could muster.

"Hmm...you can take down some simple leaves, but how about something a bit harder? Mistilteinn, if you would demonstrate..."

With the call, the Frosted Tree pokemon nodded before bringing his large hands up, then down, getting onto all fours as he aimed his pods on his back forward. Inhaling, the Abomasnow's pods then gave a minty glow as a number of rounded seeds were launched into the air, to which the Swampert responded with his own trait as he spat forth a stream of mud shots that struck at the seeds, causing most of them to explode, while the remainder began to bombard the back of the pond harmlessly.

"You're a crack shot, how well can you dodge some shots and take them down?" Alex pressed the question to the poisonous pokemon as the ice type readied another volley.

Unruly Premonition.
Old 07-06-2014, 04:08 PM   #141
CyberBlastoise
Team Mother?

Quote:

CyberBlastoise: Standing amidst the crowd facing a group of eight trainers up on stage announcing the beginning of their Friend Safari you watch the show with interest, wondering exactly how the event they are describing can be classified as a game... Oh well, what does it really matter anyway so long as you can get a Pokémon out of it. Megas studies the trainers while you do, your eyes finally falling upon a young redhead. Although there is nothing specific you are conscious of that has drawn you to her, something about this girl just feels right and so you approach her. Introducing yourself, you feel a slight blush coming on when she smiles broadly in return to your awkward use of her native tongue. "I am happy to meet you too, Bill," Manon replies, her warm smile immediately settling your nerves and putting you at ease.

Shortly afterwards the three of you head into her safari where you see short fences have been erected around the zone. A large expanse of grassy area is set out before you with a pond in the corner, and as you walk Manon attempts to get your conversation started. "So tell me, Bill. What is it that made you want to become a Pokémon trainer?"

Eventually you step into some ltall grass where you very nearly trip over a little fox-like Pokémon. "Oooh!" Manon squeals, excited. "You have found a Fenniken! These Pokémon are very rare, even in Kalos. It is cute, is it not?" she asks, her tone clearly indicating this to be a totally rhetoric question...

Fortunately, Bill's faux pas was just laughed off, As Bill and Manon started to search through her Friend Safari. Awkward silence filled the air until Manon broke the ice, "So tell me, Bill. What is it that made you want to become a Pokémon trainer?" It seemed like that Bill wasn't the only one here that felt how strangely quiet it was.

Bill thought back to his days of youth, when he first encountered his starter, Silver. It wasn't exactly the grandest of stories, but it was definitely one that stuck to his heart very well. He said, "Well, back at my home on Floe Island...oh that's an island in the outskirts of Kanto, I found a young Squirtle in a nearby cav-" However, before he could finish his sentence a weird fox-like thing hopped in front of them.

Manon squealed before explaining, "You have found a Fenniken! These Pokemon are very rare, even in Kalos. It is cute is it not?"

"Yeah, it is actually," Bill wondered just what kind of Pokemon this was, the fur somewhat indicated that it might be like another Pokemon native to the Kanto region, Ninetales. If so, then that meant it may have the same gender ratio as it too, meaning it's most likely female in the trainer's eyes, but there is that small chance that it is indeed male too, not that that mattered to him. Well, one way to find out for sure. He got down on his belly and said, "Who's a cute little girly, you are, yes you are..."

Megas, on the other hand, was having more fun running around the tall grass pull up bits and pieces and throwing it like confetti. Certainly a rowdy Pokemon for sure.

Fizzy Bubbles

PASBL
Old 07-06-2014, 04:10 PM   #142
OkikuMew
Droppin' CDs and beats

Quote:

OkikuMew: Bored out of your mind you practically burst out of your skin upon hearing the news of a Friend Safari being brought to Fizzy Bubbles by people from a far away continent named Kalos which also happens to be a place some of your distant relatives hailed from. Excited, you immediately set out for the event and arrive just in time to watch the opening celebrations and listen to the speeches of the eight Kalosian representatives. It isn't a hard decision for you to make when deciding upon which of these trainers you'd like to befriend, as Manon's great taste in colours alongside her particularly stylish appearance wins you over immediately. There is just that one little thing though... that doesn't quite sit right.... and so upon introducing yourself to the cute little redhead you feel you just have to ask, if a little awkwardly, if she may actually be a he.

"Oh you are so funny!" Manon squeals with delight. "This is not a question one expects to hear, but between you and me," she continues, her voice dropping to a whisper, "I think it will be fun to let you decide." With a wink and a giggle Manon takes your arm and leads you into her safari, leaving you a tad confused as to the girl's true gender, yet at the same time intrigued by her response. With Ayla walking alongside you, not quite sure what to make of the conversation just had, you look around to see that short fences have been erected around the zone. A large expanse of grassy area is set out before you with a pond in the corner. "So tell me what makes you tick, Okiku," Manon asks with a twinkle in her eye. "If we are to be friends we must get to know one another quite well, don't you think?"

A short time later you find yourself facing a small Pokémon resembling a block of ice. "This is a Bergmite," Manon says with a smile. "They live in the very top of Kalos' snowy mountain ranges. It is very cute, yes?"
Surprisingly, "Manon" didn't seem flustered by Okiku's embarassing and unusual question. In fact, it actually backfired a bit on the Psychic trainer: the Kalosian replied that she/he was... whatever gender she decides! Okiku's mind screamed an overly-long "Whaaaaaaaaaaaaat?!" followed by "She's why Pokémon professors doubts new Pokémon Trainers' gender all the time!", but nothing came out of her mouth, although her head tilted and her jaw dropped in confusion and shock, even more so after Manon took her by the arm lead her into her safari. As they get in the grassy area, with a cute little pond in the corner, Manon broke the awkward silence with a question of her own:

"So tell me what makes you tick, Okiku. If we are to be friends we must get to know one another quite well, don't you think?"

Okiku nodded, agreeing, but tilted her head again, this time in wonder. "What makes me tick? You mean, what makes me mad, as in 'ticked off', or what motivates me?" Before she heard an answer from her though, she answered both possible questions. "I guess the thing that makes me the most mad is seeing people not caring for others. I just... don't get it, you know? It's not only stupid, but it's... mean. Cruel, even. ...As for motivation... well, it's weird. I mean, I started as a trainer because I was tired of my life at work and everything... and stuff... wanting to see the world and meet new friends... but now on top of that, after a few months of traveling I started to be interested a lot in Psychic Pokémon, temples, ruins and other mysterious places like that... I still don't know exactly why, but I don't mind: Psychic Pokémon and temples are very cool!"

"Arrr! Aron!" Ayla protested, not amused being ignored and hearing her trainer praising a type of Pokémon she isn't.

Okiku chuckled, smiling at her Aron. "Oh don't worry Ayla, I love all my Pokémon, no matter the type they are! ...Oh," she continued with Manon, "I also love collecting. I've been collecting a lot of different kinds of Pokéballs lately. I got a bit more than 30 kinds right now! I never got my hands on a Safari Ball before, so although I feel a bit sad that I have to use it, I'm happy to at least have it!"

A few moments after that, the grass shuffles a bit, and some kind of block of ice with a pair of yellow eyes popped up in front of them. The Kantonian trainer tilted her head in curiosity and awe, and as she pulled out her Pokédex, Manon gave a description of it of her own:

"This is a Bergmite. They live in the very top of Kalos' snowy mountain ranges. It is very cute, yes?"

"Hmmm, they are cute, in their weird way..." Okiku responded, "but I need to check on something before knowing if I want it to be friends with it. Ayla," she turned her attention to her Pokémon, "I brought you with me because I wanted you to fight, but I think we need a different approach with this little one."

The Iron Armor Pokémon growled, wishing she could just fight already!

"I know, I know. I'm sorry... but I promise, if he's right for us, I'll let you out again so you can fight it, ok? Deal?"

"Ron!" Ayla nodded in agreement.

"Alright, return, Ayla!" Okiku swooped her Pokémon back into her Pokéball, before picking up and throw another one. "Come on out, Himiko!"

In a flash of light, an Espeon appeared on the ground. After elegantly stretching her legs, she mewed towards her trainer, then spoke to her through telepathy.

"Hello, Okiku! Oh?" She looked at Manon. "Who is she?"

"Hi Himiko!" the Psychic trainer said as she smiled at her Sun Pokémon, "This is Manon, she comes from Kalos!"

"Kalos? My my, It is the lovely region where your distant relatives comes from, correct?" the Espeon wagged her tail and mewed towards Manon. "My, she looks quite ravishing!"

"Yup! Hehe, yeah, I am a bit jealous of her style!" Okiku thought, so her companion can read it in her mind while not saying aloud for Manon to hear. "Anyways," she spoke normally, "I need your help with something."

"Oh?" Himiko tilted her head.

"Yeah, look behind you!" her trainer pointed.

The Espeon turned around and spotted the Bergmite. "Oh my, this is one we don't see everyday!"

"Yeah, well soon we'll be able to see many of them, actually! Anyways, I would like to know more about this Pokémon, starting by its gender. Could you tell me what gender it is, Himi? There's no way me, as a human, could tell, but maybe you as a Pokémon, a Psychic one at that, could figure it out tell me, somehow?"

"Sure!" she happily growled. "I'll do my best!"

Art || FB || WF || Tumblr

Last edited by OkikuMew; 07-06-2014 at 08:35 PM. Reason: Changing some wording (but not actions)
Old 07-06-2014, 06:13 PM   #143
gmoyes
Thunder Badge

Send a message via Skype™ to gmoyes
Quote:
Remy's Zone- Please respond in Green

gmoyes: Seeing a pokemon that could make for an interesting specimen for research you waste no time in releasing Theta to make the first moves. The magnemite floats over near the sword and begins shifting the magnetic fields around it to Magnetically Pull the honedge up from where it lay. It doesn't take long to see that this maneuver got a reaction as the honedge soon begins to move in a livelier way than it was before. In fact from what you can tell, it looked like it was performing a literal Swords Dance given the way its blade had lit up in a glowing purple aura. Still, Theta had the advantage and sent out an Elctroweb that surrounded the weapon and shocked it where it floated. This wasn't the end all for the Honedge though. You seemed to have awoken a fighting spirit within it as it flies up toward Theta bringing the webbing along for the ride and Cuts at the steel orb with a Fury.

“I would say you might have your hands full if you want to research that one,” Remy commented, “Although I suppose it depends on whose soul is inside of it. The legends say that Honedge are drawn to powerful leaders. It wouldn't be surprising if a powerful leader was inside that one. Although since your the smart one, I think I'll wait to read what you find out about it. In any case I think you might want to wear it down a bit if you plan to capture it.”

What will you do?

Alex was impressed that the Honedge boosted up using Swords Dance before going in for the attack. It must have known that it wouldn’t be able to get through Theta’s defences by just attacking. Still, its flurry of blows didn’t do much to the Magnemite’s steel body.

Meanwhile Remy made a comment about the ghost type’s apparent strength. “I’m not too concerned, I have plenty more Pokémon than Theta. It’s not gonna wipe us all out. But you say that the spirits of leaders inhabit them? Interesting…” He got the mental image of a knight wielding a Honedge. And then made the connection that Bronzor could act as a shield. And then that lead to picturing himself using this Honedge and Echo as a sword and shield and chuckled.

He shook his head to clear the image from his head and focus on the present. “Ok Theta, we don’t want to completely over do this. Knock it back with a Spark and then hit it with a Flash Cannon. Then lock it up with a Thunderwave. With any luck, this might do it.” Alex held the empty safari ball in his hand. He didn’t want to lob it too early or else all he would get out of this safari would be two half-safari balls. Of course, he didn’t want to knock it out, then he would have to repeat this process all over. The classic problem. No wonder the vast majority of trainer owned Pokémon in Fizzytopia were hatched.
Old 07-06-2014, 08:32 PM   #144
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:

Talon87: The grand opening of the much publicised Kalos event has finally arrived, and along with hundreds of other people you have come to learn all about the new Pokémon being introduced to the land. A friend safari seems like an unusual idea, but certainly not an unreasonable one, though the more you think about friendship the more your thoughts turn to the one team mate of yours who concerns you the most - Mankey. A tough cookie, and a dangerous one, Mankey for all intents and purposes would appear to be the least likely candidate for an event such as this, but then again... Perhaps an event such as this is exactly what you both need. With Mankey in mind you look over the Kalosian ambassadors and choose Jean as the trainer you would like to befriend as he appears to be the most likely of all of these people to adequately handle your unruly primate. Decision made, you introduce yourself to the boy who smiles warmly back at both you and Celes.

Shortly afterwards the three of you head into Jean's safari where you see short fences have been erected around the zone. A large expanse of grassy area is set out before you with a pond in the corner, and as you walk Jean attempts to get your conversation started. "So tell me a little about yourself, Cyrus. What it is you like to do. What kind of Pokémon you train. That sort of thing."

Not long after you notice a small grey and white Pokémon loitering by the tall grass, not looking quite certain as to whether it really wants to go in there. "Oh, look at that! It's a Carbink!" Jean cries, pointing to the indecisive Pokémon. "They spend a lot of time underground so aren't the easiest Pokémon to find. Perhaps you will like to make friends with this Pokémon? Jean asks, patiently awaiting your answer...
Following Jean, Cyrus and Celes found before them a large grassy expanse encircled by short fences. "So this is the Friend Safari," Cyrus quietly said to himself. From the name 'safari', he had been expecting a jungle. The thought seemed silly to him now. An artificial jungle would be hard work to set up. And besides: were there even any jungles in Kalos? It was a large country, certainly, but Cyrus was pretty certain that Kalos was like any other temperate region. Forests, mountains, and plains it would have, sure, but not jungles. To be honest, Cyrus found the actual Friend Safari to be quite charming. Its simplicity was a selling point: where Cyrus had imagined Seviper-draped kapoks and Chatots flying through the canopy, here he found a scene which matched his mental image of the Kalosian countryside. In this sense, it was no safari: but as an opportunity to meet some new friends, it seemed promising.

Cyrus allowed Jean to lead the way. Celes trotted behind her trainer, her gaze flitting between Jean and Cyrus as each took his turn speaking. Jean decided to break the ice. "So tell me a little about yourself, Cyrus," he inquired. "What it is you like to do. What kind of Pokémon you train. That sort of thing."

Cyrus looked down at Celes as he began to answer. "We're wanderers. Travelers." A short pause. "I decided I wanted to see the world. To see what was out there, with my own two eyes." Cyrus explained to Jean a bit about where they had been so far, what they had seen, what they had done. "As for what Pokémon I train," Cyrus went on, "some might say that I'm a Grass-type specialist. Though I don't know much about that ..." At this display of modesty, the Chikorita by Cyrus's side spoke up. Her tone sounded argumentative, like she disagreed with what he had just said. As though saying, "Nonsense! Cyrus is the best Grass-type trainer I know!" Though such kind words would only mean so much to strangers -- after all, Cyrus was the only trainer whom Celes knew that well. It was like Cyrus had said -- they were wanderers, nomads. The forest was their home.

As he was about to tell Jean about his collection of berries from around the world, Cyrus stopped short, noticing that his guide was indicating something ahead. "Oh, look at that!" Jean exclaimed. Cyrus looked forward. There, near the border of the tall grass, was a small, gray and white Pokémon! "It's a Carbink!" A Carbink?, Cyrus thought to himself. I've never seen or even heard of one of those before. Despite his affinity for the simple life which Nature afforded him, Cyrus did not shun knowledge. In fact, he had a rather wide knowledge base upon which to draw. Indeed, one as well-traveled and as attuned with Nature as Cyrus could not but know a great many Pokémon. But despite knowing of so many Pokémon, Carbink was one which Cyrus was only just finding out about now for the very first time.

"They spend a lot of time underground," Jean continued, "so aren't the the easiest Pokémon to find. Perhaps," he asks Cyrus, "you will like to make friends with this Pokémon?" Cyrus could feel the butterflies in his stomach. This was it. This was the moment of truth. He reached with one hand for the PokéBall on his belt. His fingers sweatily slipped over its smooth surface but managed to find their grip; he clasped them firmly down around the small sphere, plucking it from its leather vine. Then he palmed it. Cyrus wanted to ask Jean some questions first.

"I've never seen a Carbink before," Cyrus explained. "How ... how tough are they? You see ..." And Cyrus proceeded to explain to Jean the story of Mankey, of the little lost Pokémon who angrily lashed out at the world. He told Jean about how he had come here today hoping to help Mankey form healthy relationships with other Pokémon. And he shared his worries, his worst fears. "I ... I don't think a frail Pokémon would be the best pick for Mankey, Jean," Cyrus admitted. "But I wonder," he said, his eyes focusing on the sturdy gray of Carbink's frame, "... I wonder if that little one might be tougher than its looks let on."

Another worry came to Cyrus's mind. "That little one ... is it a Rock type? Rock types tend to be known for their fortitude, but the thing is, Mankey knows lots of powerful Fighting-type and Dark-type attacks. I worry that the little one's defenses might not be enough in case something were to go wrong."

Suddenly he realized what he was saying -- or rather, what he was saying sounded like. "That is -- i-i-IF a fight were to break out! I sure hope not. I ..." Cyrus turned his hand around, his palm now facing upward, the PokéBall resting on it. "I'm not here for a fight," he said, staring down at the red and white ball. "I'm here to make friends." His eyes rose back up to meet Jean's. "And to teach Mankey the value of friendship."

While the two humans talked, Celes meanwhile looked towards the gray rock on the side of the path. What is that!?, she wondered. She could hardly believe that it was even alive but for the fact that rocks did not normally move under their own weight and this one seemed to be indecisive about whether it wanted to go inside the grass or stay right where it was.

(member post)
Old 07-07-2014, 03:53 PM   #145
Escalion
Getting married! :D

Send a message via Skype™ to Escalion
Quote:
Byron’s Zone: please reply in brown

Escalion: You wrinkle your nose at the odd looking Pokemon you now knew to be a Goomy. It may be rare but it certainly didn’t win any prizes for its looks. You’re hardly tempted to add such a Pokemon to your team but your Ralts has different ideas. She starts after the squidgy creature hoping to give it a big hug or use it as a nice gooey pillow. Sensing your confliction Bryon explains a little more about Goomy.

“It may not look like much right now but Goomy is a Dragon Pokemon, it is the weakest of all dragons, or so I’ve heard, but it becomes quite strong when it evolves. “ Rose catches up to Goomy and wraps her arms around its back in a hug and the Goomy stops in its tracks. You wonder if your Ralts had made a wrong move and soon she lets go of her hold allowing the dragon to turn around and face it’s hugger. It blinks and stares at Rose before smiling slowly ... well that went well if nothing else. It starts off towards the pond and looks over its shoulder to Rose waiting for her to follow.

“Well I think that Goomy likes your Ralts, that’s good, perhaps they can be good friends,” Byron says with a smile.

"Interesting," Rowan is paying close attention to Byron's further information about Goomy. A Dragin-type is something he doesn't have yet, and while it's not the type he's interested in, Rowan does have the place, the space, and the environment for a Dragon-type like Goomy.

Rose meanwhile only has eyes for Goomy and he's happy to she gets a positive reaction from the Goomy on her hug, albeit it's a bit slow. Then, when the Goomy moves off towards the pond again she tilts her head a bit, wondering what it wants, but when the Goomy looks over his shoulder she smiles and darts off after it. Rowan only sees the last bit happening, and is somewhat worried about the Goomy's intentions, but Byron puts him at ease saying he thinks the Goomy likes Rose.

"Well, that's good to hear than," Rowan says with relieve, "I have no knowledge of this Pokémon at all, so I have to place my trust in you and if you say it's good, I trust it is." Rowan gives Byron a smile and looks at Rose, who skips behind the Goomy without a care in the world.

"I hope you're right Rose," Rowan is more talking to himself than to Rose, "I trust your judgement too after all that you must have been through." And with that he too follows the Goomy and his Ralts towards the pond.
Old 07-08-2014, 12:58 AM   #146
Itzatrap
Volcano Badge

Quote:

Itzatrap: After all of the advertising and news coverage this event has so far been given, you can hardly believe that the long-awaited day of reckoning has finally arrived but here it is and here you are, standing in the crowd and watching the eight trainers from Kalos announce the news of their "Friend Safari". Kuri is excited as well, the little Venonat analysing the situation just as thoughtfully as you, and since you both like the look of Jean you make your way over to the boy and introduce yourselves. "I am pleased to meet with you, Rob. And you too, Kuri," Jean replies with a smile. "I know we will have a great time and become great friends.

The three of you head out into a large grassy area with a pond in the corner. Short fences have been erected around the zone, but you can see that there is plenty of room for Pokémon to roam. "So tell me a little about yourself," Jean says, opening the dialogue for coversation. "It appears you have been travelling for a while, do you enjoy living the life of a Pokémon Trainer?"

Soon you are approaching the zone's pond when you notice a little black and yellow Pokémon taking a drink from it. "Over there is a Helioptile," Jean announces, pointing at the strange-looking new species. Suddenly it looks up at you and takes a few wary steps backward as it notices it has an audience. "Maybe if you try and talk to it it will come close enough for you to catch?" Jean suggests before waiting upon you to decide...
"Seems very nice here, doesn't Kuri?" the cute, purple ball of fur nodded as he took a look at his surroundings, an enclosed grassy area with a body of water that looked like a pond. That is when Jean asked the trainer a question he had never really been asked before. He looked up to the sky for a few seconds before looking at Jean and answering, "Yeah, I've been traveling for a while now. And have I been enjoying living the life of a Pokémon trainer?" the trainer smiled as he quickly reflected over what had happened so far in his journey, turning to glance at Kuri as he answered, "I have met the some of the most amazing people and Pokémon, and I'm extremely grateful to have met them. Some of them have even decided to join me in my journey, and we've become close friends; I hope to spend as much time with them as possible. We've been through a lot together so I'm very happy that I've had such good friends accompanying me." But the friends he had met were only part of the reason for this trainer's answer, though, a very important reason.

"Not only that, but I've also been able to explore many places. That has pretty much been part of my dream as a Pokémon trainer. While I still haven't met my goal, to become the one of the strongest trainers, I got to do many things I love. I traveled the world, met new people and Pokémon, and I have battled trainers I met along the way. So I'm pretty much living my fantasy life right now. So you could say I'm pretty happy about it." The trainer couldn't help but to grin from ear to ear the more he thought about it, "Huh. I'm really doing it, I'm actually living my dream..."

It hadn't been that long, but they had finally made it near the pond, and that is when they all noticed something. Jean answered the question the trainer was about to ask before he got a chance to as he took a look at a yellow and black quadruped who was taking a drink from the pond, "Over there is a Helioptile," it certainly didn't look like any Pokémon he had seen before. The creature didn't seem too thrilled to have people so close to it as it took a step back, "Maybe if you try and talk to it it will come close enough for you to catch?"

It was a tough call. The Pokémon certainly looked interesting, but the trainer didn't really feel a connection to that particular Pokémon. Kuri didn't seem too excited about this new Pokémon as well, but he was never really excited about anything new, "Cute Pokémon, but I don't think I want to disturb it." and with that, the trainer was ready to move on, but not before asking Jean a question of his own, "Actually, Jean, I've been talking a lot about myself. Why don't you tell us a little bit more about yourself?"
Old 07-08-2014, 05:48 PM   #147
myahoo
Soul Badge

Quote:

myahoo: Though not overly fussed about all of the new Pokémon being introduced to the region today you go along to the Friend Safari anyway as it's nice to take part in an event from time to time. Watching the fireworks and listening to the introductory speeches, none of the Kalosian trainers really jump out at you as being "the one" you'd like to befriend so you hop into Jean's queue seeing as he appears to have the last amount of trainers in his group. When your turn comes up you introduce yourself and Wildfire to the boy making it clear that you're not sure catching a Pokémon will be enough to secure a friendship between you. Jean grins at this, obviously not at all taken aback by your attitude. "Ah yes, this is true mon amie," Jean agrees. "But is it not the journey that helps to form this bond? I am sure we will have a great time together!"

Not as convinced as Jean that this will be the case, but certainly willing to go along for the ride, you eventually enter his safari zone with Cyndaquil by your side. Short fences have been erected around the zone but you can see that each one has a large expanse of grassy area with a pond in the corner and plenty of space for Pokémon to roam. "So Melissa, tell me about the day you met your lovely Wildfire".

A short time later you're passing by a rotting tree stump when you notice a strange Pokémon hovering to the side of it, staring blankly at you. A shiver runs up your spine then Jean pipes up with, "That is a Phantump. In my country they prefer to live in abandoned forests. This one seems to be interested in you."
"Yeah, it does." She and her Cyndaquil nodded, returning his grin. "In that case, I'm looking forward to whatever's to come."

"Qui-il," Wildfire added cheerily, hopping to the ground.

The trio made their way inside the relatively small safari zone, a short fence surrounding the area to indicate the borders. Melissa glanced around at the expanse of grass stretching ahead of them and spotted a pond in one corner, before Jean spoke again.

"So, Melissa, tell me about the day you met your lovely Wildfire."

Said Cyndaquil perked up at his name, while his trainer couldn't help the fond smile that spread across her face. They exchanged a look, before Melissa picked him up again and he squealed happily.

"Tell you about how I met this little guy?" She cuddled with him a bit, before setting him back on her left shoulder and shrugging her unoccupied shoulder. "Sure, though it probably won't seem very interesting, in all honesty.

"Hmm. I was around ten or so when he hatched, if I remember right. We were somewhere along one of the routes of Johto with my parents, who were both Pokemon trainers, and I'm pretty sure I was doing what I usually did those days: pretending to battle all the Gym Leaders my parents had challenged with my own team.

"It was a pretty nice day, middle of summer, and kinda hot, but I don't think I noticed at all, especially when I heard the first sharp crack. I think the entire clearing froze." She huffed a laugh, remembering her surprise and mounting excitement when she figured out what that sound had meant.

"I don't really remember what my parents and their Pokemon did, but I scrambled over to my backpack at the second crack and gently--or as gently as a ten-year-old could be--pulled his egg out. It felt like it was minutes later when he finally popped out, flaring his flames for a moment, before looking around and spotting me. I was later told that it had barely been two, but, well, you know how it is." She shrugged sheepishly as Wildfire looked around.

"I remember reaching out in awe, just so, so happy at my first Pokemon that I almost didn't stop to think that he might not be the type to like being touched. That left me with my arm sticking out a little awkwardly, but he just came up and nuzzled it, calm as anyone." The Cyndaquil nodded sharply, pretending to be offended that she'd expect any different. Melissa laughed.

"Well, could you blame me? I was young and it was the first time I'd seen a Pokemon hatch! How could I know that you could recognize me just because I'd been carrying your egg around all that time?"

She turned back to Jean. "Anyway, that's pretty much it. Well, for our first meeting, at least." She eyed him curiously. "How 'bout you? Is there any Pokemon you share almost everything with?"

At the same time, she and Wildfire both shivered a little, the warm and nostalgic atmosphere shattering under the new feeling. They quickly glanced around, both trainer and Pokemon spotting the rotting tree stump and the odd creature beside it at almost the same time. Melissa took a step closer to Jean, as the Kalosian noticed the source of the aura.

"That is a Phantump. In my country, they prefer to live in abandoned forests. This one seems to be interested in you," he explained.

The brunette blinked. "So, it's a Pokemon?" She stared at the Phantump some more, before flipping open her Pokedex and scanning it. "Huh, it doesn't really look the same as the pictures in real life," she commented absently, skimming the data that came up. Looking back at the picture on her Pokedex, she stared for a moment in realization before bringing her hand up to her face.

"Right. I remember now." Her voice was slightly muffled. Dropping her hand and attempting to ignore the embarrassment coloring her cheeks pink, she continued, "This was one of the few Pokemon that looked interesting to me, when I first looked over the newly-released lists. Most of the others showed up in the other safaris already, based off what people have been saying in the chats and stuff, but the one I was after the most still hasn't shown up yet.

"That said, what you said at the beginning about finding an awesome Pokemon because we're gonna have an awesome friendship? I have to admit, it looks like part of that sentence has already come true."

Wildfire tilted his head at that, watching the Pokemon suspiciously. The Cyndaquil had to wonder what exactly Melissa was thinking. Imp, the childlike Misdreavus, was one thing, but this Ghost-type was more than a little eerie with the way it stared so blankly at them, almost as though it was seeing right through them. He hopped off his trainer's shoulder and kept close, as she crouched down to bring herself closer to the Pokemon's level. Still, it couldn't hurt to be nice to it, right?

"Hey, Jean. You got a guess as to why it would be interested in me?" Melissa kept her eyes on the Phantump as she asked her question, cautious and a little unsettled but not particularly wary of the Ghost. Which may not be the smartest thing and she probably shouldn't generalize based on her own Ghost-type, but, well, she couldn't really help it.
Old 07-10-2014, 12:30 AM   #148
Stark
Rainbow Badge

Wyatt's Zone- Please respond in Blue

Jolteonjak: Pleased with the combined effort of your two bugs, you calmly take their homemade sling over to where the clauncher is trapped. With a reassuring voice you let the crustacean know what you are planning to do and await its response. You can definitely see the signs of dehydration and the general dryness of the shell the closer you get. Instead of a vibrant blue, this creature seems to have a dull hue to it from being out in the sun too long. For a brief moment the water type stares at you out of one eye on the side of its head before letting out a weak, “Clau...” while letting its small limb drop limply to its side. From all appearances it looks like it is accepting your offer. Regardless, it seems to be too weak to argue whether it wants to or not.

What will you do?

Gemini Spark: Deciding to try another tune, you choose a celtic sounding piece that was once quite popular. Amelia seems to like it given the way she starts dancing to it. While no one would call her a ballerina, her rhythmic timing seemed to fit with the lighthearted melody. Froakie soon joined in hopping about and twirling its stick like a baton to the jaunty song. All in all, it looks like all of you are enjoying yourselves. Even Remy began to frolic a bit. Although he was far more subdued in his movements than the two pokemon. As the song ends the froakie launched its stick into the air in triumphant celebration of your musical prowess as it raised its arms to the sky with a smile on its face.

Unfortunately that smile was about to fade as you hear a thunk when the stick hits the ground. Find the sound rather odd given where you are, your eyes turn towards the sound in time to see a sword float up from the ground. At the end of the hilt was a long sash that seemed to attach to a sheath. Froakie quickly hopped over behind you and clutched your leg tightly as if hoping the weapon wouldn't be able to get to it through you. You can feel a definite shake in your leg from the froakie's fear. The sword itself levels out and points toward the froakie and slashes through the air in a display of swashed buckles before settling down to see how you and the others react.

“That's a Honedge,” Wyatt says cautiously, “We must have disturbed it. Better be careful, they can be very dangerous in the wild like this. Once they find a new master they tend to settle down, but I would say this one doesn't have one yet.”

What will you do?

sweetbbydoll: With a plan in mind to win the prehistoric pokemon over with some food, you release your snover and take one of her snoverberries. Without any issues, Snow gladly gave up one her precious berries. With the snow falling around you, the amaura looks at you curiously before stepping forward slowly to your outstretched hand. Its head bobbed and weaved a bit as it pondered whether or not to take the gift, but soon acquiesced and ate the gift. In fact it ate the gift rather quickly. Its eyes lighting up with a glimmer and what could only be described as a smile on its face. “Amaura!” it shouted with a nod of its head. Although you could see that it seemed happy, there was something a bit off. It almost seemed too happy. Before you know it, the dinosaur rumbles past you toward Snow. Your pokemon watches at least until the amaura stretches out its neck and begins to try eating the snoverberries right off your pokemon. It doesn't take long for Snow to start trying to get away and before you know it you find yourself watching the amaura chase your partner around in circles as it tries to eat the goodies right off of her.

What will you do?

Pest: The battle continued and you began to think that with any luck you might be able to end this quickly. The tyrunt had proven to be a little more clever than expected, but it still was no match for Invidia. Having issued your commands to the croagunk you await the results. Invidia holds her hands out in front of her as a ball of energy forms. Not wanting to give her a chance to attack the tyrunt charges toward Invidia who fires the ball of energy toward the oncoming death machine. The ball flies quickly as the tyrunt barely ducks while sidestepping the attack which impacts in an explosion behind it kicking up a cloud of dust and dirt that flies everywhere. Invidia tries to recover, but the attack took a lot out of her and by the time she does the tyrunt once more Tackles her down to the ground causing her to slide across the surface. The tyrunt leaps back and prepares to attack again and you can tell by the bit of slowness Invidia is showing in getting up that the last attack hurt her more than previous ones did. Perhaps it was due to her guard still being down a bit from the earlier Tail Attacks, perhaps it was something else. Regardless, Invidia gets to her knees and you can see her once more charging up for another attack. The tyrunt once more charges forward as your croagunk manages to get to her feet thrusting out her arms and sending another Focused Blast of energy toward the oncoming dinosaur. Once more the tyrunt ducks and tries to sidestep the attack, but Invidia counted on the move and compensated sending her attack a little lower than her last. This time it impacts the ground in front of the tyrunt sending it flying back where it flops on the ground as it skids to a stop. You can see Invidia is breathing rather heavily. The last two attacks seemed to take a lot out of her. The tyrunt manages to slowly stand up, but looks rather unsteady on its feet. Its eyes narrow toward Invidia and your croagunk returns the stare. One thing was for sure, neither of these two were going to last much longer and this battle was about to reach its climax.

What will you do?

Arc Angel: Finding a sly sense of excitement about the deviousness of the honedge you give it a warning and quickly instruct Camille how to deal with this new threat knowing full well that the Kalosian pokemon picked the wrong girls to mess with. Camille turns her head and fires off a slew of tiny Embers from her mouth at the steely ghost. If it could scream it probably would have given the way it quickly recoiled and moved back from your numel. Not wanting to give it a chance to get over the surprise, Camille's eyes glow red as a deathly stare emanates from the little camel. One you would have never guessed could appear on the face of a pokemon who typically had a rather dopey look rather than a Scary Face. The honedge seemed to pause for a moment and then began to glow purple as it spun around in the air doing some sort of Swords Dance. However, Camille wasn't done with her onslaught yet. A brown aura surrounds her as she leaps into the air and comes down hard sending a shockwave through the ground like a small earthquake the Magnitude of which was pretty impressive for such a small pokemon. The sword was completely unprepared for the attack from below as the ground shifted and exploded beneath it sending it flying into the air where it flipped over and over until impacted in the ground in front of Camille. The tip of its blade buried while its sheath lays flat on the ground still wrapped up by the sash. Camille looked at the weapon and stepped forward a few steps to see if it was finished already only to see it flip out of the ground with a hawking slash coming down and Cutting as if in a Fury. Camille cries out and quickly leaps back. The sneaky blade had once more gotten her to let her guard down a bit. All in all, it appears that Camille is doing quite well and while the honedge has taken quite a bit of damage it is difficult to tell given the way it keeps playing possum and then sneak attacking.

What will you do?

MarbleZone: Bud seemed to turn a corner in his feelings. Letting loose of all the expectations he had placed upon himself due to his misunderstanding of his trainer's expectations, the bulbasaur found himself growing up. Literally. The evolution was amazing and took center stage in the eyes of everyone around. Even the fletchling found itself stopping and watching in wonder. “Oh my!” Chantelle exclaimed upon seeing Bud's new form, “He looks wonderful!”

With an enthusiastic few words toward your newly evolved pokemon you quickly get back to the battle. Bud nods his head at your commands and looks back at the little bird who decided to take advantage of the time you spent giving orders to build up a little speed to Tackle Bud. This time your partner barely moved from the attack. Merely sliding a few inches across the ground from the impact. The fletchling looked up a bit surprised that its attack didn't do more as Bud released a Sweet Scent from his unbloomed flower. The tiny bird seemed to move a bit herky jerky at first Growling at Bud only to stop moving and just stand in place as if in a daze. Bud wasted no time and quickly Whipped out a pair of Vines from his sides wrapping them around the little bird. With its wings restrained the fletchling found itself being pulled toward the Ivysaur just as Bud takes off in a run toward the tiny bird. The resulting collision is cringe worthy as both combatants slam into each other hard and separate. There is no wonder why the attack is called Double-Edge as you see Bud a bit staggered and shaking his head after the assault. The fletchling is in far worse shape lying on the ground. Still, the bird seemed rather resilient as it stumbles back up to its feet Growling some more at Bud. The swagger it had before now gone and replaced by a rather serious look that says fun time is over even as the vines wrapped around it continue to sap its energy. One way or another, the fletchling wasn't going to be able to take much more of this. It seemed to be running on sheer willpower at this point and Bud definitely looked to have the upper hand in the battle despite the little robin's demeanor.

What will you do?

Schala: For a moment you almost manage to take control of the situation, but Airmid has her own plans. Plans you are resigned to accept for the time being it seems. Airmid puts on a sweet innocent look that gets the Pumpkaboo's attention. The Jack-o-Lantern stops and looks blankly at the gulpin letting out a quiet “Boo...?” That was just enough to trigger a set of Tears from Airmid. Although you have your suspicions that the Tears are actually Fake. The pumpkaboo soon begins bouncing around in a frenzy unsure what to do as it begins to panic, “Boo. Boo. Pumpka! Ka! Boo!” Once more it looks at Airmid who has a cute little look of please on her face as she once more holds out the garland. The pumpkaboo quickly rushed over to Airmid and snatched the garland only to accidentally drop it and in its panicked frenzy stepped on it and ruined it. “KAAAAA...!” it shrieked. The pumpkin's eyes went wide as it bounced around frenetically trying to figure out what it should do. The question is...

What will you do?

lilbluecorsola: You wander into the zone answering questions and recollecting about your partners while Chantelle listens with interest. You notice a gleam of excitement in her eye when you ask her some questions. “Oh! I come from Anistar City. It's in the East of the Kalos region. We have a large crystalline formation that we call the Sundial. Although it has come to be found that the material is probably related to Mega Stones. Those are stones that can evolve certain pokemon to an even stronger level for a short period of time. It's really quite amazing!” Chantelle spun around in circles as she thought about the wonders of her own homeland. “After I traveled the region and went through the gym circuit Professor Sycamore asked me if I wanted to go on an even bigger adventure. How could I say no to that? It was the chance of a lifetime, so here I am! I am soooo... happy I did it too. I mean I almost didn't, but I've met so many interesting people and been to sooo... many amazing places. I can't imagine not going on this tour. It really has been a bit of a dream come true.” Chantelle paused as she looked around and let the breeze blow across her face, “I have to say, this is a pretty amazing land too. I almost wish I could stay for a while and see it all. I hear there's a garden up in the clouds. I bet that is incredible!” You continue on your way with Link and Mary following close behind as Mary continues to answer your questions, “I didn't know all of them, but I had met a couple of them during my travels. Even battled some of them. Jean whooped me, but don't tell him I said that. As far as he knows, I let him win.” Chantelle winked slyly.

Before long you run into a Flabébé and scan it all the while remaining cautious in the hopes that you might be able to enjoy its dance upon the breeze. The small fairy pays little attention to you and your group despite Link's imposing presence. Instead it seems to be reveling in riding the air crrents up and down and around. Spinning and dipping, flipping and flying with a grace you may have imagined, but not to the level you are seeing here. After a few minutes Chantelle speaks up, “I know this is pretty amazing, but we might be here awhile if you plan to watch the entire show. Flabébé are known to do this for hours. It's rally up to you if you want to keep watching or not, but I just wanted to let you know so you didn't end up spending all of your time here watching this pokemon even if it is really quite beautiful.”

What will you do?

Rakurai: Deciding to leave the fletchling, despite Flandre's near attempt to provoke the little bird, you head off toward the pond in search of a less common seeming pokemon. Chantelle happily walks beside you as the sisters follow. “Fletchlings are fairly common in Kalos,” Chantelle explains, “Where I come from they often signal the start of spring due to their migration. So dragon type pokemon... Well the dragons in Kalos are quite a bit different than those you probably have here. A little less traditional in body structure than a Dragonite or a Salamence. One of ours is more bat-like than lizard. Another is kind of squishy looking and the last one is really a dinosaur that went extinct a long time ago, but thanks to fossil revitalization has begun to return. In fact Flandre there will probably look more like a dragon than any of the actual dragons from Kalos. It's just one of the unique differences my region has compared to others. So other than these two, what other kinds of dragon style pokemon do you have?”

You continue making your way toward the pond when a small black and white bear steps in your path and holds it's paw out to you with a rather serious look on its face. Chantelle takes a step forward and the tiny bear quickly gets in her way and continues to hold out its paw. “Awww... isn't that cute? This little Pancham is looking for us to pay some kind of toll in order to pass,” the Kalosian trainer giggled.

What will you do?

gmoyes: An amusing thought of you becoming a knight with a honedge in one hand and your bronzor in the other steals your attention from the battle for a moment. Not that it was worrisome. You had plenty of pokemon with you and had deduced that this one honedge wouldn't be able to defeat them all. You give your commands to Theta and then begin to question when the right moment would be to use your Safari Ball.

Theta begins by gathering electrical energy around it to the point of glowing bright blue. Quickly it flies forward and slams into the honedge creating a brilliant Spark when the two collide. The honedge gets knocked back violently and spins around quickly coming back and swinging through the air at Theta. However, instead of slicing it turned its blade flat and swatted the magnemite like a baseball driving it into the rocky outcropping sending up a small cloud of dust and debris. Theta drifts away from the rocks as a brightness in the form of a ball of light manifests in front of magnetic pokemon. The ball soon exploded forward in a line like Flash being shot out of a Cannon. The honedge twisted and turned to the side letting the sharpness of its blade attempt to slice through the attack sending the beam in two separate directions around it. Although you can see that despite the intersting blocking technique the sash and scabbard of the honedge appear to be damaged, so the attack wasn't in as much vain as it might have first seemed. Once more the Sword Danced in the air and you knew that meant it was trying to power up even more. Theta continued its attack. This time sending out a number of small thin waves like tendrils of electricity which strike the sword where it floated. There was a definite slowness to the motions of the weapon that you could notice. This was especially apparent when you see arcs of electricity course around the blade as it tries to move and instead seems to be paralyzed from the Thunder Wave and unable to move at this time. So far so good, but the honedge still looks to have plenty of fight left in it while Theta is doing just fine as well.

What will you do?

Old 07-10-2014, 03:48 AM   #149
Gemini Spark
Weavile Pillow

Send a message via Skype™ to Gemini Spark
Quote:

Gemini Spark: Deciding to try another tune, you choose a celtic sounding piece that was once quite popular. Amelia seems to like it given the way she starts dancing to it. While no one would call her a ballerina, her rhythmic timing seemed to fit with the lighthearted melody. Froakie soon joined in hopping about and twirling its stick like a baton to the jaunty song. All in all, it looks like all of you are enjoying yourselves. Even Remy began to frolic a bit. Although he was far more subdued in his movements than the two pokemon. As the song ends the froakie launched its stick into the air in triumphant celebration of your musical prowess as it raised its arms to the sky with a smile on its face.

Unfortunately that smile was about to fade as you hear a thunk when the stick hits the ground. Find the sound rather odd given where you are, your eyes turn towards the sound in time to see a sword float up from the ground. At the end of the hilt was a long sash that seemed to attach to a sheath. Froakie quickly hopped over behind you and clutched your leg tightly as if hoping the weapon wouldn't be able to get to it through you. You can feel a definite shake in your leg from the froakie's fear. The sword itself levels out and points toward the froakie and slashes through the air in a display of swashed buckles before settling down to see how you and the others react.

“That's a Honedge,” Wyatt says cautiously, “We must have disturbed it. Better be careful, they can be very dangerous in the wild like this. Once they find a new master they tend to settle down, but I would say this one doesn't have one yet.”

What will you do?
Hyrem was really putting the charm on this little Froakie and playing the best music he could think of, and Amelia's dancing seemed to work once again as Froakie joined in the fun. Remy also danced it up, though he was more reserved than either Pokemon were. Froakie then threw its stick in the air as a means of celebration.

But it didn't catch it.

At that moment, an odd thud struck the ground at the same time as the stick, and Hyrem looked to see another Honedge floating in front of Froakie. (Or maybe it was the same Honedge he met earlier, and it wanted to get back at him for abandoning it...) Froakie bounded quickly behind Hyrem, the quivering that he could feel on his leg betraying the fear the Water-type had of its legs being served on a platter once the blade was done with it, and indeed, Honedge began swinging itself around, showing off the dueling prowess it had before waiting for any of the four it faced to make their next move. “We must have disturbed it," Remy warned. "Better be careful, they can be very dangerous in the wild like this. Once they find a new master they tend to settle down, but I would say this one doesn't have one yet.”

"Not good, I really don't want to battle one of these," Hyrem groaned; the same logic applied from before, Honedge's typing was nothing to be scoffed at with Mia only knowing Normal- and Flying-type moves, the blade's Steel-type making it resistant to the latter and its Ghost-type making it absolutely immune to the former. Mia didn't like the idea of facing the weapon either as she flew behind Hyrem's other leg, staring at it with contempt. Maybe Froakie knew a Water-type move, but he didn't know what its level was compared to that of Honedge, making it an unknown variable that was too risky to test out. It was then that he came to a sudden realization... "You know, maybe it was the power of my White Flute that brought it here," he said out loud. "In that case..." He put his White Flute away and looked into an adjacent pocket in his backpack, pulling out a Black Flute which basically was the same as the White Flute except its color... and its power. White Flutes had the power to attract Pokemon to the user, but Black Flutes were meant to scare them away. However, as he played an unnerving song that served to be a reminder of a temple steeped in darkness, he made himself aware of the risks he took by playing it. He had no idea how Honedge, a Ghost-type, would react to the haunting melody being played; would it be scared off like he wanted, or would the music only provoke it even further and turn the situation from bad to worse? He also hoped that Froakie wouldn't be scared off either; all that work to befriend a Pokemon he really wanted on his team only to have it run away because of the Black Flute and the creepy tune being played on it would make the whole adventure go to waste...

Battlecut made by the crazy Daisy! *happy snek sounds*
Twitch | YouTube | Twitter | Wild Future
Old 07-10-2014, 06:27 AM   #150
sweetbbydoll
Kawaii ~

Quote:

sweetbbydoll: With a plan in mind to win the prehistoric pokemon over with some food, you release your snover and take one of her snoverberries. Without any issues, Snow gladly gave up one her precious berries. With the snow falling around you, the amaura looks at you curiously before stepping forward slowly to your outstretched hand. Its head bobbed and weaved a bit as it pondered whether or not to take the gift, but soon acquiesced and ate the gift. In fact it ate the gift rather quickly. Its eyes lighting up with a glimmer and what could only be described as a smile on its face. “Amaura!” it shouted with a nod of its head. Although you could see that it seemed happy, there was something a bit off. It almost seemed too happy. Before you know it, the dinosaur rumbles past you toward Snow. Your pokemon watches at least until the amaura stretches out its neck and begins to try eating the snoverberries right off your pokemon. It doesn't take long for Snow to start trying to get away and before you know it you find yourself watching the amaura chase your partner around in circles as it tries to eat the goodies right off of her.

What will you do?
As the Amaura was literally eating out of the palm of Liza's hand, the young lass thought, Well...this isn't that hard, maybe I can befriend this Pokémon after all. I don't know why people have to battle a Pokémon to capture them, this is much easier. but when the trainer saw how ‘happy’ the prehistoric Pokémon got from eating one of Snow's berries, that’s when everything turned upside down. Liza had almost lost her footing as the ice type started jumping all over her Snover to try to eat the berries around her neck.

“SNOW!!” the yeti Pokémon cried out loud, freaked.

“RUN SNOW RUN!!!!! Get out of here!!” Liza Yelled to her Snover as the onion looking Pokémon ran off with Amaura giving chase “Just…don’t hurt it" Liza sighed looking as though she'd failed. She was panicked, she began thinking the best way to handle the situation, she thought about releasing her Vanillite, Vanillia Bean to help but before she even reached for his Pokeball Liza got a mental image of Amaura chasing after the ice cream cone too before devouring him...

*Glup* She soon shook that idea out of her head though.

But, she had to do something, before something happened to Snow..Sam looked at her trainer, as if asking Liza's permission to intervene but Liza swiftly shot her down as she knew Snow was afraid of fire, she was just getting used to the fire types on her trainers team, she didn’t need to send her poor Pokémon to hypno therapy- Think Liza, that ships already sailed.. That's when it hit her, maybe she could make Amaura fall asleep but how? That's right! Snow should be able to play a soothing song while running.

“Snow use Grass Whistle to put Amaura to sleep!” Liza instructed.

Last edited by sweetbbydoll; 07-25-2014 at 01:43 AM.
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out > Hall of Records