UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON

Old 04-16-2012, 09:24 PM   #276
Amras.MG
Not sure if gone...

For fuck's sake Talon, don't give them any more ideas.
Amras.MG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 10:17 PM   #277
Tuner89
Rainbow Badge

I really like Mime Jr. and I freakin LOVE Vanniluxe... D=

*gets shot*

Thanks Pengy!

Watching every episode of pokemon

Most Recent Episode: Se3 Ep133 - Fighting Flyer With Fire
Tuner89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 04:27 AM   #278
kusari
「Killer Queen No Prog」

Send a message via Skype™ to kusari
>fear of baby Zangoose and Seviper

Oh please no. Just no. If they add to those lines at all, please let it be badass evos instead of shitty prevos.
Old 04-17-2012, 05:26 AM   #279
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

Send a message via Skype™ to Concept
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon87 View Post
Magmortar isn't any uglier than Magmar. Electivire looks a hell of a lot cooler than Electabuzz. [/different opinions on the internet]
Yeah, we're going to have to disagree on that one I guess. I love Magmar and Electabuzz and really hate Magmortar and Electivire :p. I think it also ties into my finding it fun to have no old 'mon in a game - I get really tired of having freaking Geodude everywhere, and that we always see Abra, and stuff like that. I like those pokemon, it just gets... dull.

Quote:
So yeah. As you can see, I don't think it matters whether it's a new evolution to an old creature or a whole new line altogether. Just in general, I care about whether it's good or whether it's bad, with the new species factor not really playing into that for me very strongly.
I just happen dislike the majority of the added evo's, whereas asides from Basculin, Vanilluxe and Stunfisk I like gen v's mon (which I can't say for gen III or IV). Also I don't do comp at all and pretty much everything's usable in game, so I don't really care about the improved stats and stuff. New evo's are largely pandering to the comp crowd, and given I'm not part of the comp crowd, I really don't care much.
Concept is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 10:55 AM   #280
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

@Shuckle:

While I'll agree with you about Axew, Frillish is EASY AS HELL to find. :/
People should watch what they enjoy regardless of what others think, even if it's a terribad guilty pleasure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppleganger View Post
Though, I also dislike the concept of lamenting the current day while wishing to re-experience the past. At least, my modern attitude is to try and make each new day magical even if it's not, since exclusively reminiscing about the past is too pathetic.
Kindrindra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 05:27 PM   #281
Jerichi
プラスチック♡ラブ

I was looking at the differences in the map and it made me wonder: how is the game going to progress geographically?

I mean, obviously, you'll wander through the first two/three cities to Driftveil, but once you get there, you have two options. 1) Go north to Mistralton, which is a dead end, since it looks like Twist Mountain's been frozen over. 2) Go east to Nimbasa then South through the new Desert Highway and to Castelia, which is a dead end considering the bridge is frozen over.

Opelucid seems to have escaped the freeze but it's also been isolated, considering the routes on either side have been frozen over, suggesting that it's unaccessible in the major plot. However, that leaves us short one badge.

Either way, it leads to an interesting track that either sends us backwards or sends us north much, much earlier than in BW. I kinda like this forced path change; it worked well in Plat (given, it was how it should have been in the first place) but it does make it so we can't follow the same plot as before.

私のことを消して本気で愛さないで 恋なんてただのゲーム 楽しめばそれでいい
閉ざした心を飾る 派手なドレスも靴も 孤独の友達

asbwffb

[jerichi]
Jerichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 11:39 PM   #282
KratosAurion
Soul Badge

Send a message via Skype™ to KratosAurion
The geographical changes that have taken place in Unova actually open up some interesting plotlines that could well be explored:

- How did the people fare with the glaciation that has suddenly sprung forth?
- Is Unova isolated?
- Is this affecting the whole world, or is it a localized event?

Oh, also, I find the Boy character design to be terrible, although the Girl... well, she has a certain je ne se quoi which makes her tres sympa...

Oh, and the Rival design is... Eh... Like something of a Silver remake, dunno, perhaps they wanna give him a bad guy look.

The Poison Leader? I'm... not too fond of her. I borderline dislike her. I like the rock concept, but I fail to see how it relates to her Type. She's definitely no Janine, that's for sure. Sorry, nice try though.

Also, on a similar, related note: Game Freak could give their Gym Leaders some actual difficulty, as opposed to BW 1, where Gym Leaders were all retarded, without exceptions. Also, Levels were too darn low, I mean, they should buff it up back to Yellow, where Levels were just too perfect, or give their Leaders good Pokemon with Movesets that make sense. Champion at 65, hell yeah. Oh, and this better not be an excuse for a Vanillite infestation all across the land due to the glaciers.

// PASBL // Wild Future //

Last edited by KratosAurion; 04-18-2012 at 12:01 AM.
KratosAurion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 11:51 AM   #283
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

Actually, the poison rock star thing makes perfect sense.

You see, she's....

Poison Tounged.
People should watch what they enjoy regardless of what others think, even if it's a terribad guilty pleasure.
Quote:
Though, I also dislike the concept of lamenting the current day while wishing to re-experience the past. At least, my modern attitude is to try and make each new day magical even if it's not, since exclusively reminiscing about the past is too pathetic.
Old 04-18-2012, 12:16 PM   #284
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Tongued.
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 12:42 PM   #285
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

Hi, I'm Kin. I hate vowel combinations, and I am an idiot. Yay! ^_^
Quote:
Old 04-19-2012, 01:48 PM   #286
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Figured it might be nice to have an actual picture of the frozen-over region available for people to see. I'd actually not taken a closer look at it myself until just now:

I got this from the official site, where I had gone to view the trailer from which I also got this image:

Could this possibly be Team Rocket? Yes, I realize "generic black uniforms with cute caps" doesn't have to equal Team Rocket, but still: it's not just the uniform design and color, it's also the hair color. Despite the fact that Sugimori colored it pink in his latest official artwork for HGSS, the sprites in Fire Red, Leaf Green, Heart Gold, and Soul Silver all look like they have reddish hair. (See: male grunt, female grunt.) So I wonder ...

AK2 had mentioned that he thinks the anime (which has so far been kind of divergent from the video games, what with the complete absence of Team Plasma and all) and the video games might be crossing paths this summer and that this is why we're getting B2W2 the way that we are. He may be right, especially if Team Rocket are the primary villains in B2W2. I'd say more, but it leads us into the realm of wild speculation. Plus, I know that most of you don't know nor care about what's happening in the show right now. But in any event, all I'll say is, these villains could easily be TR. The only problem seems to be the apparent lack of an R emblazoned on their jackets or embroidered into their caps. Instead, we see some indiscernible white insignia on their caps. So who knows. *shrug*
Old 04-19-2012, 02:04 PM   #287
Shuckle
Problematic Fave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kindrindra View Post
@Shuckle:

While I'll agree with you about Axew, Frillish is EASY AS HELL to find. :/
And this solves the problem of obtaining it in Story mode...how? It's like Almomola except people like it. You need at least a Good Rod or Surf in order to obtain one. Haxorus is the same way; Axew is hidden in Mistralton Cave, for which you need Surf (and maybe Flash if you're a wimp) to enter.

Meh. Too much effort.

The thing I hope returns is that goddamn telephone. I miss hearing about the top percentage of Rattata. Well, not really. But what I do miss is rematching the Gym Leaders. I hope we can do that this time around...
Old 04-19-2012, 06:10 PM   #288
Shuckle
Problematic Fave

It's WTF time!

These pictures make Kyurem look ugly. Maybe they just are not good at screencapping images where the sprites look decent?

This one has a nice random encounter field. It's a pointless touch, but meh. I'll learn to ignore it eventually.

Oh, one more thing.

Apparently the internet says that this Unova is based on New Jersey. While the creators admit that Unova was at least partially based off of New York, New Jersey being selected seems...anticlimactic. Thoughts?

Last edited by Shuckle; 04-19-2012 at 06:18 PM.
Shuckle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 06:25 PM   #289
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuckle View Post
Oh, one more thing.

Apparently the internet says that this Unova is based on New Jersey. While the creators admit that Unova was at least partially based off of New York, New Jersey being selected seems...anticlimactic. Thoughts?
It's the same Unova. Internet people are just silly. :P
Quote:
Old 04-19-2012, 06:30 PM   #290
kusari
「Killer Queen No Prog」

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuckle View Post
IOh, one more thing.

What Kin said. Also, part of Unova (the Mistralton side) is based off of locations in New Jersey. Bulbapedia has a chart if you want to look further.
Old 04-20-2012, 08:20 AM   #291
phoopes
Double Dragon

Silly Shuckle, if it were based off New Jersey, Unova would be covered in smog, not ice.

(Though I had no idea that parts of Unova were based off New Jersey too.)
Old 04-21-2012, 10:36 AM   #292
Tyranidos
beebooboobopbooboobop

Send a message via AIM to Tyranidos Send a message via MSN to Tyranidos

There's a giant mechanical Tyranitar in BW2. Guess who's getting this game?
Old 04-21-2012, 11:31 AM   #293
gmoyes
Thunder Badge

Send a message via Skype™ to gmoyes
Actually, if you watch the trailer, your charicter might be a movie star.

No seriously. In the new trailer and the first one, it showed your charicter in front of a green screen before ending up in some sort of battle scene with some sort of monster. In another scene, your charicter goes up to a stage in front of a crowd of people, I'd say a movie permier. Those odd looking building are where they shoot different scenes for the movie. That's just what I think but it certainly as a lot to the plot.
gmoyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 11:38 AM   #294
phoopes
Double Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyranidos View Post

I AM SO GETTING THIS GAME.
Old 04-21-2012, 12:24 PM   #295
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmoyes View Post
Actually, if you watch the trailer, your charicter might be a movie star.

No seriously. In the new trailer and the first one, it showed your charicter in front of a green screen before ending up in some sort of battle scene with some sort of monster. In another scene, your charicter goes up to a stage in front of a crowd of people, I'd say a movie permier. Those odd looking building are where they shoot different scenes for the movie. That's just what I think but it certainly as a lot to the plot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoopes View Post
Quote:
http://i.imgur.com/IlqzP.png

I AM SO GETTING THIS GAME.
Uhh ... you guys do realize that a movie set is the newest entry in the franchise's history of bullshit dress-up, yes? 'Cause you're sure acting like you don't. Would admittedly be cool if this mecha were actually used by the criminal organization but given that the guy squaring off against it looks like a sentai, it's more likely that this is, as gmoyes has pointed out, a film set and not actually happening in the real world. But what even gmoyes doesn't seem to realize, as indicated by his "you might be a movie star in this game :o" comment, is that this is something you do just like how in B1W1 you do the stage dress-up bullshit. Or like how in DPPt there was the bullshit put-fluffies-and-bowties-on-my-creatures-and-then-take-a-photo feature.

Quoting Bulbapedia's take on the footage from the trailer,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulbapedia
a film studio shooting a Pokémon-themed action series
I would agree with this. No, you're not a film star. And no, this isn't actually happening in real life. Yes, you're helping to produce a movie. You could even say you're "starring" in it. But you're as much a "film star" as Ash Ketchum was a film star for showing up in that romance film with Psyduck and Wigglytuff.
Old 04-21-2012, 12:45 PM   #296
Tuner89
Rainbow Badge

TIL Talon has no appreciation for SUPER AWESOME MECHANICAL TYRANITARS

In other news; I take back everything I said about this game. Mechanical Tyranitars = Sold.

Thanks Pengy!

Watching every episode of pokemon

Most Recent Episode: Se3 Ep133 - Fighting Flyer With Fire
Tuner89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 01:29 PM   #297
kusari
「Killer Queen No Prog」

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon87 View Post
Uhh ... you guys do realize that a movie set is the newest entry in the franchise's history of bullshit dress-up, yes? 'Cause you're sure acting like you don't. Would admittedly be cool if this mecha were actually used by the criminal organization but given that the guy squaring off against it looks like a sentai, it's more likely that this is, as gmoyes has pointed out, a film set and not actually happening in the real world. But what even gmoyes doesn't seem to realize, as indicated by his "you might be a movie star in this game :o" comment, is that this is something you do just like how in B1W1 you do the stage dress-up bullshit. Or like how in DPPt there was the bullshit put-fluffies-and-bowties-on-my-creatures-and-then-take-a-photo feature.

Quoting Bulbapedia's take on the footage from the trailer,

I would agree with this. No, you're not a film star. And no, this isn't actually happening in real life. Yes, you're helping to produce a movie. You could even say you're "starring" in it. But you're as much a "film star" as Ash Ketchum was a film star for showing up in that romance film with Psyduck and Wigglytuff.
Tl;dr version of this post: Ok guys, stop having expectations of awesomeness.
Old 04-21-2012, 01:42 PM   #298
gmoyes
Thunder Badge

Send a message via Skype™ to gmoyes
Depends on what you call awesome. Because if you ask me, this seems pretty epic. You guys just have very high standards for awesome ;P. I still think this movie business is going to play a lot more into the plot than previous side quest things. Come on having your charicter in an action film? How cool is that?
gmoyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 01:45 PM   #299
phoopes
Double Dragon

When I first saw the Tyranitar mecha, I immediately thought of a regular Tyranitar fighting it. Which in turn, made me think of this:

Spoiler: show
Old 04-21-2012, 02:03 PM   #300
Talon87
時の彼方へ

If we had rep here, phoopes, I'd have given you rep for that post.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON