UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Anime

Old 02-15-2014, 12:55 PM   #101
kaisap112
Volcano Badge

Finnish Anime magazine recommended Noragami "if you've wished Natsume Yuujinchou was an action anime". Not sure why they said that though, the only things similar are Hiroshi Kamiya in the lead role and youkai-ish things running around.
Old 03-20-2016, 04:39 PM   #102
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

Natsume's Book of Friends TV Anime Gets Season 5 This Fall

Spoiler: show
lilboocorsola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 05:07 PM   #103
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

This pic perfectly sums up their relationship and makes me happy. <3

Welcome back, Natsume-kun. ^^

The first ep immediately brought back a lot of fond feelings and nostalgia. Seeing the whole gang back together, focus on Natsume's relationship with Tanuma and the Fujiwaras in contrast to his past relatives, learning more about Reiko's backstory along the way to kindly helping youkai and humankind alike... The ep had everything you've come to expect from this series, and it was just as calm and cute as usual. =3 The music brought back memories as well; I definitely missed the relaxing OST. The new OP is good and gives me a Galileo Galilei vibe. I had heard people getting excited over the ED being by Aimer, and it sounds nice enough I suppose but doesn't really stand out much IMO. Not much in the way of visuals either, sadly. Kind of a letdown after the recurring "family/friendship" + sketchy style theme of the previous seasons. =/

Still, looking forward to seeing more of my babies together again. ^-^ *cuddles all of them* <3
Old 11-01-2016, 04:30 PM   #104
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

What do humans call this feeling...?

I love Taki's episodes for how they show the struggle of humans and youkai to connect through the faintest of encounters. The ending was beautifully done and made me emotional. While I remember this story from the manga, the animation, music, and voice acting really helped to sell it. (While it could be interpreted in a romantic/creepy manner, I see it as purely platonic from the perspective of someone who's simply never experienced a close relationship with a human before.)

ALSO

THE ED HAS ANIMATION NOW

YAYYY

In a way it almost feels fitting that they saved the switch for this ep to deliver a little extra impact. Seeing the whole gang playing together during the sequence - as well as the Fujiwaras in the distance - gives me hope that we're going to see some of the sidestories adapted that explore more of Natsume's budding relationships with them. <3
Old 12-13-2016, 09:04 PM   #105
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey CAW

Touko and Shigeru are such a sweet couple, honestly. <3 One of my favorite special chapters finally got animated, and it's just so pure and heartwarming. I'm really glad we got to explore more of their relationship and how they came to meet Natsume. The ending is truly something wonderful, and I love how it perfectly mirrors the above image.

While I'm here I'd also like to talk about the previous episode. Looking back on my old post on the subject, it seems these two stories were aired in the same order they appeared in the manga (judging by my own reactions). I was actually thinking during the last ep how it seemed to set up for this sidestory, and hit me right in the feels in doing so. Poor Natsume. ;; *hugs* Even after how far he's come, he still has a deep fear of not being able to connect with others. It's such a common theme with this series, of spirits and humans being part of different worlds, yet they still struggle to be with each other - so much that I was surprised when:

The higher being really did turn out to be another youkai. I had forgotten and assumed he must be a human.

In that way, it's kinda refreshing that it's not just another rehash of stories we've seen before. The point being that there are some things we can't attain - even if on the same plane of existence. I think that was why I was a little annoyed by the upended moral when I first read it. I do kinda take back my initial impression of the ending now though.

Even though it is another sugarcoated conclusion, I had forgotten it and was instead more pleasantly surprised than I apparently was the first time. Maybe it's because the little youkai's voice acting really sold me, but I was moved to tears when he was, and so felt fulfilled on his behalf when it turned out the procession decided to give him a chance after all. (Especially since it's essentially also saying that Natsume has hope of being accepted by people within the human realm as well, so in that sense I approve.)

Now that the Fujiwaras' backstory is out of the way, I still hold out hope we might get to see the sidestories featuring Natsume's two guy friends at school. *crosses fingers* Although we're likely not too far from the season's finale now... Still wonder what they might end on, as if there were any major chapter (that I can recall) that could've worked as a satisfying closer it would've been this one.
Old 12-23-2016, 10:13 AM   #106
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

"We know the flowers’ petals will fall someday, and yet still, we’re entranced by them."

Natsume Yuujinchou Go ended this week, at a surprisingly short 11 eps. When I found out it would only be an 11-cour, I was understandably disappointed, but knowing now there is a sixth season planned for next year, I'm looking forward to even more soft goodness. ^.^

At first I thought the finale would be pretty boring made-for-TV fare (focusing on the mid-ranks' hijinks? Really?), but when it got midway the emotions picked up as it invoked the kinds of scenes that felt completely at home in canon, namely:

Natsume remembering how when he was sick as a kid the knots in the wood ceiling looked like eyes - and to him some of them really were. My poor baby. ;-; *hugs* I really like how something that easily frightens young children is given an extra emphasis in this context. It's these kinds of little real-world related details I do commend the animé writers for adding, like the stone statue's tennis ball in the made-for-TV portion of that flashback ep with the girl he met in middle school.

Also of course all of Natsume's friends - human and youkai alike - worrying about him (plus the dream he has about Reiko)... It all builds up to the obvious message at the end: How people and spirits may be mesmerized by each other and desire to connect, even though the moment may be ephemeral.

The struggle between different worlds wanting to be together seems to have been the overall major theme of this season, and I'm interested to see if the sixth will pick up with that struggle coming to a head. Until next time, Natsume!

P.S. The episode also gave us an actual Nyanko-sensei. I am amused.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Anime