UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON

Old 05-25-2017, 03:24 PM   #1
morningstar
ようせいのお姫様

Magikarp Magikarp Jump

Magikarp Jump was released today!

Here's the link to it on the iOS and Android stores.

The basic premise of the game is that you are in a town that loves Magikarp battles, where they see which Magikarp can jump the highest.

It's mostly a clicker game, tapping on the berries that pop up in your Magikarp "tank" to raise your Magikarps Jump Power(JP). You can also do training which raises your JP faster. You can train with a Jump Counter that looks quite familiar to the veteran player!

Once you train your Magikarp to a high enough Jump Power, you can enter it in League Battles. Your Magikarp will battle against another Magikarp to see who jumps the highest. There isn't much you can do in the League Battles besides watch and hope your Magikarp wins, but the commentary is silly and you can tap to the screen to have words of encouragement scroll by. Sure, the trainer's design isn't super interesting, and there's no customization option, but isn't the focus supposed to be on the Magikarp here? I also appreciate that they made the trainer fairly gender neutral.

There are support Pokemon that you can win/buy with coins or diamonds that give you extra boosts either during training or League Battles. The first one you get is, of course, Pikachu, but there's others like Snorlax, Charizard, and the Alolan starters.

Your Magikarp can only go up to a certain level before it has to "retire". This means you can't train it anymore, but you can enter it in League Battles until it loses. You'll then be able to fish up a new Magikarp, that might have a different pattern/color than your previous one!

It's honestly just a cute, silly game that you can just pick up for a few minutes at a time. To be honest though I've been playing it all afternoon.

Who else has been playing it? Have any cool Magikarp Patterns you want to share? Any tips for being the very best Magikarp Trainer, like no one ever was?

morningstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 12:49 PM   #2
Heather
Naga's Voice

Have been playing it for a while, and am edging on completing the Heavy League (might take another Karp or two, though). My fourth Karp, Mrs. Karp, ended up being a Shiny Karp, though i believe you're guaranteed to get one sometime early on. A word to the wise: do not jump for the berries in the trees unless you want to start over. Just trust me on that one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTheFishGuy View Post
Quoth the Honchkrow (nevermore!).
Fizzy Member Post: Catherine Park
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 04:45 PM   #3
Marion Ette
Blades and Butterflies

I love a good ascension game. I know some people find them overly simplistic, but cute ones like this are great for the little timesink moments in the day - I know my boyfriend has been playing this in-between Friday the 13th matches while waiting in queue. XP

I really want Rowlet. No idea what its ability is, but to have that cute little birb on my screen would make the lost diamonds worthwhile~
Marion Ette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 07:55 PM   #4
Shuckle
Problematic Fave

I actually jumped for the berry on the tree on a new Karp - and I got the good ending! It gives you 1.5k jp.
Old 05-27-2017, 10:18 PM   #5
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

I've been getting into this one. Actually destroyed the Everstone on one, just to see what the evolution ending was like (tap your Magikarp repeatedly to eventually break the Everstone). Haven't gotten a gold Magikarp just yet, but I'm having a lot of fun with this nevertheless. It's very addicting, and I actually wound up so absorbed with it on my breaks that I started to neglect Pokémon Duel (no point in starting up GO on my breaks- nothing spawns where I work).
Old 05-30-2017, 09:09 AM   #6
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Took the chance on opening the Poké Ball with a newly fished up Magikarp after her first training session, ended up with a Voltorb Explosion massacre. But, the next Magikarp I fished up? Shiny.
Old 06-02-2017, 02:51 AM   #7
Loki
The Path of Now & Forever

On Generation 13 or 14 now. I've found it pretty entertaining. Fishing up a good bonus on a 'karp seems to be the best way to quickly get through the leagues. I got one with a 143% bonus JP from training and finished maxing its levels in like 7 training sessions.

I'm not too sure which decorations/friends are best to spend your Diamonds on early. I initially invested in increased coins from battle (Exeggutor Palms?) so I can get more upgrades into Food and Training, but now I think Whimsicott Cushion might be better for the EXP bonus, which can get me high max levels and high JP caps. I'm also a bit divided on whether to invest in JP from food or JP from training bonuses.
Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 05:22 AM   #8
Lady Kuno
The hostess with the mostess

Dont update the app if you haven't yet. It allows you to farm for diamonds at the end of the game (update changes it to coins).

You can savescum for gold or rare magikarp. While fishing, look at the sweat. If it appears 2 times it is going to have a rare color, and appears 3 times for a gold. You have to close the app before the Magikarp is actually fished up though.

PROUD OWNER OF A MISSINGNO. IN FIZZY BUBBLES
Lady Kuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 12:16 PM   #9
Zelphon
Caffeinated

Send a message via Skype™ to Zelphon
Are the risky events worth it? I always say no but I wonder if they aren't worth it for the ability to farm coins if they die.

Zelphon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 02:20 PM   #10
Emi
Barghest Barghest Barghe-

Send a message via Skype™ to Emi
The ones that don't kill you generally are, but there is a mission for forcing Magikarp to retire so.
Old 06-04-2017, 06:57 PM   #11
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

So, when Manaphy summons a buttload of Water-types to bring food? The Corsola can potentially be Shiny. Saw a blue Corsola among all the pink. Couldn't get a screenshot fast enough.
Old 06-04-2017, 07:35 PM   #12
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missingno. Master View Post
So, when Manaphy summons a buttload of Water-types to bring food? The Corsola can potentially be Shiny. Saw a blue Corsola among all the pink. Couldn't get a screenshot fast enough.
Aww I would've loved a pic. <3
lilboocorsola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 07:58 PM   #13
Maskerade
Rainbow Badge

This is the kind of time and battery waster I really shouldn't be indulging in (much to my wife's insistence), but hey, it's Magikarp. No can do :P
Maskerade is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 10:45 PM   #14
Lady Kuno

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbluecorsola View Post

Aww I would've loved a pic. <3
Sadly I leveled up when it appeared, it made the screen a bit darker.

Old 06-04-2017, 10:47 PM   #15
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Now I'm wondering- what else can show up Shiny in this? Can the Luvdisc be Shiny? Manaphy? Feebas? Pidgeotto?
Old 06-05-2017, 07:32 PM   #16
The Morg
Trying to send Christmas cards

>Generation 36

I never thought I'd see people raising so many Magikarp, but here we are. This gets my stamp of approval.

*munch munch* | FB Profile
The Morg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 04:09 AM   #17
Lady Kuno

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Morg View Post
>Generation 36

I never thought I'd see people raising so many Magikarp, but here we are. This gets my stamp of approval.
I'm more surprised you didn't notice the "Gold Morg 5" instead. =3=

Old 07-08-2017, 01:35 PM   #18
Torkoal Stu
This

So I've been playing this game over the last month in spare moments and I finally beat the Ultra League. I've enjoyed playing it so much~

But it's become quite slow because I've got all the different pattern, events and whatever but nowhere near enough diamonds to get the rest of the support Pokemon. So other than Popplio, odd event and the occasional rank up it's become quite exhausting to get diamonds. I'm now playing through the Expert League until the next update, according to Mayor Karp anyway, so hopefully it comes soon xd;
Torkoal Stu is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON