UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out > Hall of Records

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-02-2018, 10:12 PM   #651
Sandaa
Yayyy
 
Sandaa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,834
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post
Sandaa- Down to one Pokemon but in the same position as your opponent, you refocus yourself on the task at hand. Speed and mobility were still your advantage, you had to press it. Ramoth zooms in, her wings glistening with a metallic glow. The Gardevoir releases a Shock Wave of electricity, the normally weak attack is boosted by both the Mega Gardevoir's special attack boost and stolen Solar Power ability. Ramoth pushes through the attack, as much as it hurts, she was going to make the Gardevoir hurt more. Her left wing collides with the Gardevoir, sending her flying backwards across the marble arena. Ramoth flies straight up before the Psychic type can retaliate. As the Gardevoir tries to get a lock on Ramoth, she struggles as the sun hampers her vision. She sees more than you expect however, even though no attack comes from her, you feel like something is up.

Going back onto the attack, Ramoth begins her descent, gathering speed and power as fire swirls around her. Fuelled by the power of her Flametongue, Ramoth looks similar to a falling meteorite as she hones in on her target. Pushing her hands together, the Mega Gardevoir expands a large cube of psychic energy, its strange properties still unknown. Ramoth passes straight through the expanding cube, slamming into the Mega Gardevoir with tremendous force. As the smoke settles, the pair are still standing. Ramoth looks pained by the recoil, while the Gardevoir looks quite battered. If not for the Wonder Room it has created, it likely would have fallen to the powerful physical blow. Looking to level the playing field, the Mega Gardevoir shares her pain with Ramoth, splitting what health remains between the two. This would likely be a photo finish.
Gary had just about enough of this Gardevoir and its tricks, when it had gone and used more status effects to mitigate Ramoth’s damage and even the playing field. To her credit, Ramoth was hanging in there tough even after taking some super effective electric attacks from her foe. In any case, both Pokemon were fairly worn down now and Gary could see this battle not lasting too much longer. He just wasn’t sure which way it would wind up. “Keep up the good work, Ramoth,” Gary called out, offering some words of encouragement, “We’ve got her right where we want her!”

Knowing that Gardevoir was the kind of Pokemon with strong special defenses at the expense of a frail physical defense, her biggest and quite possibly first and last mistake might have been reversing that advantage against a special-attacking Pokemon like Ramoth. A smile crept onto Gary’s face as he came up with an idea how to take out this psychic type for good. “Okay, Ramoth,” he called out, “Let’s turn the heat up while the sun is still shining! Harness the power of the sun to wear down her defenses with a blistering Heat Wave!”

“While she’s dealing with that,” he continued, “Let’s show her how we fight as a team! Use Beat Up to call on everyone not as an offensive attack, but to keep her pinned down! Then finish this with your most powerful Solar Beam at point-blank if you can!” Upon hearing Gary’s strategy, Ramoth smiled confidently. She was tired, but with the help of her friends, this plan might just work.
__________________
Sandaa is offline  
Old 11-02-2018, 11:23 PM   #652
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge
 
TheKnightsFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 4,501
Sandaa- The Gardevoir may have levelled the playing field in terms of health but it had given you the best opening you've been presented with so far. Ramoth would make it regret exposing itself with Wonder Room. Still benefiting from the power of the sun, Ramoth sends a wave of blistering heat towards the Mega Gardevoir. The boiling mixture of fire and wind scalds the Mega Pokemon, even managing to leave burns on her arms. She doesn't seem to let that get the best of her though, as she quickly fights back with a wave of Psychic energy.

It had been a long hike up the mountain and Ramoth wouldn't be here if it wasn't for the efforts of her team mates. She calls on them one more time, dark, shadowy versions of them to help pin down the Mega Gardevoir so that she could prepare for her final assault. Shuri shoots through first, shooting around behind the Mega and clamping onto her back. Next Kratos jumps to action, he grabs a hold of the Gardevoir's left arm. Tyrant stomps in next, biting down on the Gardevoir's right arm. Finally Amph, the final conscious member of your party, a Pokemon dear to your heart, bursts from the shadows to grapple the Mega's legs. With the Gardevoir pinned, Ramoth takes the opportunity to begin charging up as much solar energy as she can....

A blast a Psychic energy strikes Ramoth from behind. The startling blow is enough to break her concentration, causing the Beat Up to break up. It seems that the Gardevoir had previously looked into the Future, saw herself in this situation and figured a way to get herself out of it. She takes aim at Ramoth and fires a powerful Hyper Beam, the bright orange beam hurtles straight towards Ramoth. With not much space between the two at this point, it seems almost certain the golden Charizard is going to be hit by the attack. Moments before impact however, Ramoth fires her Solar Beam and the two powerful attacks collide!

You watch as the two energy beams fight against one another, pushing back and forth, fighting for dominance like a pair of male Gogoat. It seems like a stand still, but then the sun's intensity suddenly drops. At first you fear that Ramoth is going to lose out, but it seems as though the Gardevoir is more affected by the sun's absence. It seems the Solar Power ability it had stolen from Ramoth was one of the reasons behind her strength and with it deactivated she was starting to struggle. Ramoth's Solar Beam inches closer and closer, before suddenly the Mega Gardevoir lets go of her attack.

Once the smoke settles, the normal regular Gardevoir can be seen laying unconscious on the marble floor. Ramoth slumps to the ground, exhausted but victorious. The Gardevoir is recalled and moments later your head begins to hurt once more.

"Enter the cave with the one you wish to share the greatest of bonds with."

Ramoth gained 5 levels
You receive 3 Rare Candies


__________________




Last edited by TheKnightsFury; 11-02-2018 at 11:45 PM.
TheKnightsFury is offline  
Old 11-03-2018, 12:01 AM   #653
Sandaa
Yayyy
 
Sandaa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,834
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post
Sandaa- The Gardevoir may have levelled the playing field in terms of health but it had given you the best opening you've been presented with so far. Ramoth would make it regret exposing itself with Wonder Room. Still benefiting from the power of the sun, Ramoth sends a wave of blistering heat towards the Mega Gardevoir. The boiling mixture of fire and wind scalds the Mega Pokemon, even managing to leave burns on her arms. She doesn't seem to let that get the best of her though, as she quickly fights back with a wave of Psychic energy.

It had been a long hike up the mountain and Ramoth wouldn't be here if it wasn't for the efforts of her team mates. She calls on them one more time, dark, shadowy versions of them to help pin down the Mega Gardevoir so that she could prepare for her final assault. Shuri shoots through first, shooting around behind the Mega and clamping onto her back. Next Kratos jumps to action, he grabs a hold of the Gardevoir's left arm. Tyrant stomps in next, biting down on the Gardevoir's right arm. Finally Amph, the final conscious member of your party, a Pokemon dear to your heart, bursts from the shadows to grapple the Mega's legs. With the Gardevoir pinned, Ramoth takes the opportunity to begin charging up as much solar energy as she can....

A blast a Psychic energy strikes Ramoth from behind. The startling blow is enough to break her concentration, causing the Beat Up to break up. It seems that the Gardevoir had previously looked into the Future, saw herself in this situation and figured a way to get herself out of it. She takes aim at Ramoth and fires a powerful Hyper Beam, the bright orange beam hurtles straight towards Ramoth. With not much space between the two at this point, it seems almost certain the golden Charizard is going to be hit by the attack. Moments before impact however, Ramoth fires her Solar Beam and the two powerful attacks collide!

You watch as the two energy beams fight against one another, pushing back and forth, fighting for dominance like a pair of male Gogoat. It seems like a stand still, but then the sun's intensity suddenly drops. At first you fear that Ramoth is going to lose out, but it seems as though the Gardevoir is more affected by the sun's absence. It seems the Solar Power ability it had stolen from Ramoth was one of the reasons behind her strength and with it deactivated she was starting to struggle. Ramoth's Solar Beam inches closer and closer, before suddenly the Mega Gardevoir lets go of her attack.

Once the smoke settles, the normal regular Gardevoir can be seen laying unconscious on the marble floor. Ramoth slumps to the ground, exhausted but victorious. The Gardevoir is recalled and moments later your head begins to hurt once more.

"Enter the cave with the one you wish to share the greatest of bonds with."

Ramoth gained 5 levels
You receive 3 Rare Candies


Gary could barely breathe as Ramoth and the Mega Gardevoir were locked into a stalemate of powerful beam attacks, but as the sun cleared and Ramoth prevailed, Gary’s legs momentarily gave out and he fell back on his rear, propping himself up with his arms for support. That was an intense battle, even by his standards. “We did it… that was almost too close…” He let out a deep sigh of relief before regaining some of his energy and sprang back to his feet. He ran over and wrapped his arms around Ramoth’s neck. “That was amazing! I’m so proud of you, Ramoth!”

The golden Charizard had a proud expression on her face. She stretched out her wings to soak in the sun, but she was clearly exhausted. Gary promptly returned her to her Luxury Ball, praising her for her efforts. He then turned his attention to the owners of the Gallade and Gardevoir pair. “That was a hell of a battle,” he said while shaking their hands. It was then that Gary heard a mysterious voice in his head, beckoning him to enter the cave with the one he shared the greatest bonds with.

Initially Gary’s thoughts immediately went to Typhu, but a gut feeling from within told him that through this trial of Mega Evolution that the correct answer was the final Pokemon he had brought with him. “Come on out, Amph!” he said while tossing a Love Ball into the air. Before him appeared an Ampharos with a pink ribbon tied into a bow around her tail. She immediately went over to Gary and nuzzled him with an affectionate hug.

Like Typhu and the others Gary had brought on this journey, Gary and Amph had forged many memories together over the years. Each one of his Pokemon was special to Gary, but Amph was the very first that he encountered upon arriving in Fizzytopia fourteen years ago. He remembered it like it was yesterday, having saved a helpless Mareep from being washed away down a river and then battling her neglectful original trainer for the right to keep her. Since then, Amph had become inseparable with the rest of Gary’s team, acting much like a surrogate mother to all of the young Pokemon that they had raised. Gary smiled and pat Amph on the head as they turned to face the cave. “Let’s go,” he said with a smile as the gems on her head and tail began to glow.
__________________
Sandaa is offline  
Old 11-04-2018, 09:55 PM   #654
CyberBlastoise
Team Mother?
 
CyberBlastoise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 665
The Bedlam Quarry
Please reply in Beige

Biggggg5: Your group readies themselves and King gives his orders. "Looks like we're gonna play hard ball. Okay, Dusclops finish off that Charmeleon before it has a chance to unleash its overheat. Use your Shadow PUnches to wrap this up"

The Dusclops looks at the Charmeleon and unleashes shadow energy into the ground which causes fists of shadow to be unleashed on the fire lizard. There were repeated punches at him and you can swear you hear "Muda muda muda muda" coming from the Dusclops itself. Charmeleon releases a wave of heat at the Dusclops. Next up, the newly evolved Charjabug jumps up in the air and gives a much more powerful Acrobatics than usual. The Flying gem gives off its energy before turning into a dull gray, and frankly, worthless jewel.

The Ditto launches a Shadow Ball at its foe, punishing it even further, then it transforms into Tex very quickly and efficiently. Hotstuff receives power from both of its new companions and opens its mouth to overheat his opponent. The barrage of shadow punches took its toll on him however. Using the last of his strength he pushes out the flame from his mouth before collapsing from exhaustion.

Fortunately, the attack connects and hits the Dusclops, taking a huge chunk of health from it. The added on Thunderbolt does grant even more damage. The Dusclops is weakened so much it looks like one or two more hits might do it in. King, looks noticeably before switching back to his calm face and says, "I'm willing to do what it takes to silence you..."

Dusclops gives an acknowledging glance at its trainer. It too has the appearance of someone who is willing to give it all.

"Dusclops...use Earthquake. Destroy everything around us. No witnesses will be allowed to escape."
What will you do?
__________________

Fizzy Bubbles

PASBL
CyberBlastoise is offline  
Old 11-05-2018, 12:22 AM   #655
biggggg5
Volcano Badge
 
biggggg5's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Mage of Breath
Posts: 2,321
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberBlastoise View Post
The Bedlam Quarry
Please reply in Beige

Biggggg5: Your group readies themselves and King gives his orders. "Looks like we're gonna play hard ball. Okay, Dusclops finish off that Charmeleon before it has a chance to unleash its overheat. Use your Shadow PUnches to wrap this up"

The Dusclops looks at the Charmeleon and unleashes shadow energy into the ground which causes fists of shadow to be unleashed on the fire lizard. There were repeated punches at him and you can swear you hear "Muda muda muda muda" coming from the Dusclops itself. Charmeleon releases a wave of heat at the Dusclops. Next up, the newly evolved Charjabug jumps up in the air and gives a much more powerful Acrobatics than usual. The Flying gem gives off its energy before turning into a dull gray, and frankly, worthless jewel.

The Ditto launches a Shadow Ball at its foe, punishing it even further, then it transforms into Tex very quickly and efficiently. Hotstuff receives power from both of its new companions and opens its mouth to overheat his opponent. The barrage of shadow punches took its toll on him however. Using the last of his strength he pushes out the flame from his mouth before collapsing from exhaustion.

Fortunately, the attack connects and hits the Dusclops, taking a huge chunk of health from it. The added on Thunderbolt does grant even more damage. The Dusclops is weakened so much it looks like one or two more hits might do it in. King, looks noticeably before switching back to his calm face and says, "I'm willing to do what it takes to silence you..."

Dusclops gives an acknowledging glance at its trainer. It too has the appearance of someone who is willing to give it all.

"Dusclops...use Earthquake. Destroy everything around us. No witnesses will be allowed to escape."
What will you do?
Big swallows hard as King gives his orders to the Dusclops, it seemed at this point it would be up to how long Hotstuff could hold out. If he could hold out long enough to get his Overheat off than it would be within their grasp. But even as Tex unleashes her acrobatics and Hotstuff his heat wave, the dusclops plows through with shadow punches, pushing the starter to the brink. But the trio continues to lay on the damage with ditto launching a boosted shadow ball before transforming into Tex, providing even more boost to Hotstuff. The Charmeleon pants heavily, holding his stomach before looking up to the Dusclops. "Your trainer is shit for disabling Fire Blast." He coughs out before inhaling and absolutely blasting the ghost pokemon with everything he can muster. Big puts up an arm to protect himself from the heat given up but is distraught when he looks back to find the blue lizard on the ground, his energy spent while Dusclops still stands. But his back runs cold at King's words and orders. His mind runs at a million miles an hour, weighing the odds of recalling the pokemon and trying to make a break for it, or at least if it did come down his pokemon might be safer in their balls than being crushed, but neither option left any room for ditto, so there was really only one option. "Well, I'm not." Big stomps stubbornly. "I'm not willing to die here. My pokemon rely on me as much as I rely on them, and so we all have to make it out of here. Tex, Ditto, thunderbolt the Dusclops! Bring it down before it can bring this place down!" The Charjabugs both nod in unison although there is a glint in Tex's eye that due to her shape Big couldn't see but would be obvious to King and Dusclops. Big also has his hand ready on Elsa's premier ball ready for his ever-present backup strategy if the room does start to collapse. They both begin to crackle with electricity each boosted by the other and launch their thunderbolts, Ditto's launching toward the Dusclops, but Tex's is aimed somewhere different. She is willing to do what Big would never order for them and test how loyal the ghost pokemon would be as she launches the most lethal thunderbolt she can right at King himself. Maybe the Dusclops wouldn't do what she wanted but at that point, she'd have the satisfaction of roasting his ass.
__________________
PASBL stats
FB stats
Wild Future Stuff


Interested in the PASBL (Pokemon Anime Style Battle League)? Read our Getting Started thread! Got a question? Go to our Q/A thread.

Spoiler: show
biggggg5 is offline  
Old 11-05-2018, 04:31 AM   #656
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge
 
TheKnightsFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 4,501
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandaa View Post
Gary could barely breathe as Ramoth and the Mega Gardevoir were locked into a stalemate of powerful beam attacks, but as the sun cleared and Ramoth prevailed, Gary’s legs momentarily gave out and he fell back on his rear, propping himself up with his arms for support. That was an intense battle, even by his standards. “We did it… that was almost too close…” He let out a deep sigh of relief before regaining some of his energy and sprang back to his feet. He ran over and wrapped his arms around Ramoth’s neck. “That was amazing! I’m so proud of you, Ramoth!”

The golden Charizard had a proud expression on her face. She stretched out her wings to soak in the sun, but she was clearly exhausted. Gary promptly returned her to her Luxury Ball, praising her for her efforts. He then turned his attention to the owners of the Gallade and Gardevoir pair. “That was a hell of a battle,” he said while shaking their hands. It was then that Gary heard a mysterious voice in his head, beckoning him to enter the cave with the one he shared the greatest bonds with.

Initially Gary’s thoughts immediately went to Typhu, but a gut feeling from within told him that through this trial of Mega Evolution that the correct answer was the final Pokemon he had brought with him. “Come on out, Amph!” he said while tossing a Love Ball into the air. Before him appeared an Ampharos with a pink ribbon tied into a bow around her tail. She immediately went over to Gary and nuzzled him with an affectionate hug.

Like Typhu and the others Gary had brought on this journey, Gary and Amph had forged many memories together over the years. Each one of his Pokemon was special to Gary, but Amph was the very first that he encountered upon arriving in Fizzytopia fourteen years ago. He remembered it like it was yesterday, having saved a helpless Mareep from being washed away down a river and then battling her neglectful original trainer for the right to keep her. Since then, Amph had become inseparable with the rest of Gary’s team, acting much like a surrogate mother to all of the young Pokemon that they had raised. Gary smiled and pat Amph on the head as they turned to face the cave. “Let’s go,” he said with a smile as the gems on her head and tail began to glow.
After some deliberating, you release Amph from her Pokeball. The Ampharos seemed delighted to stand alongside you, its gems begin to glow with an endearing light. In the end it wasn't really a choice, you shared a special bond with Amph, unlike those with your other Pokemon. You walk side by side, each step in unison as you head towards your cave. As you enter you find yourself shrouded in darkness, but then slowly the ground begins to light up. A rainbow light soon fills the entire cavern, you marvel as you stare at the ground beneath your feet. The floor seems to me one giant crystal, containing a myriad of vibrant colours. On the far side of the room you see a man seated on the ground. Monks robes hang from his old, frail frame a strange energy seems to surround him. Suddenly a Pokemon appears in a flash, the Mega Alakazam floats in the air above the man, its long beard hanging down over its legs. You find your eyes drawn to the Pokemon's head, it was gigantic, making up at least half of its size.

"Forgive my master for not greeting you", more telepathic communication, its source was clear, the Mega Alakazam. "It has been almost a century since my master last left his slumber, you see the state he is in preserves his life. He isn't immortal, he is still slowly deteriorating but it'll be another few decades at least before he eventually succumbs to his mortality. He was one of the first to discover Mega Evolution, the strength of our bond drew us to this spot and since then we have drawn others that share such a bond to this place as well. We expected you sooner Gary and Amph, but eventually you walked the path you were meant to."

A few moments of silence pass before a small stone begins to drift towards you, the yellow and red centre of the stone reflect the yellow of Amph's hide and red of her gems. You hold out your hand, allowing the stone to settle on the palm of your hand.

"I pass onto you this Ampharosite, with it you will be able to display the true strength of the bond you and Amph share. Show it to us now, let us witness this Mega Evolution for the first time, let us bathe in its light!"
__________________




Last edited by TheKnightsFury; 11-09-2018 at 03:20 PM.
TheKnightsFury is offline  
Old 11-05-2018, 12:45 PM   #657
Sandaa
Yayyy
 
Sandaa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,834
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post
After some deliberating, you release Amph from her Pokeball. The Ampharos seemed delighted to stand alongside you, its gems begin to glow with an endearing light. In the end it wasn't really a choice, you shared a special bond with Amph, unlike those with your other Pokemon. You walk side by side, each step in unison as you head towards your cave. As you enter you find yourself shrouded in darkness, but then slowly the ground begins to light up. A rainbow light soon fills the entire cavern, you marvel as you stare at the ground beneath your feet. The floor seems to me one giant crystal, containing a myriad of vibrant colours. On the far side of the room you see a man seated on the ground. Monks robes hang from his old, frail frame a strange energy seems to surround him. Suddenly a Pokemon appears in a flash, the Mega Alakazam floats in the air above the man, its long beard hanging down over its legs. You find your eyes drawn to the Pokemon's head, it was gigantic, making up at least half of its size.

"Forgive my master for not greeting you", more telepathic communication, its source was clear, the Mega Alakazam. "It has been almost a century since my master last left his slumber, you see the state he is in preserves his life. He isn't immortal, he is still slowly deteriorating but it'll be another few decades at least before he eventually succumbs to his mortality. He was one of the first to discover Mega Evolution, the strength of our bond drew us to this spot and since then we have drawn others that share such a bond to this place as well. We expected you sooner Gary and Amph, but eventually you walked the path you were meant to."

A few moments of silence pass before a small stone begins to drift towards you, the yellow and red centre of the stone reflect the yellow of Amph's hide and red of her gems. You hold out your hand, allowing the stone to settle on the palm of your hand.

"I pass onto this Ampharosite, with it you will be able to display the true strength of the bond you and Amph share. Show it to us now, let us witness this Mega Evolution for the first time, let us bathe in its light!"
Gary and Amph headed into the dark cave, the Ampharos’ head and tail gems illuminating the walls and floor. The light reflected through the crystalline prisms, creating a beautiful effect that danced throughout the cavern. On the far side of the cave was a shriveled up ancient monk and his Mega Alakazam levitating close by. The powerful psychic Pokemon telepathically spoke to Gary and Amph, its voice echoing in their heads. Its master was supposedly the one who discovered the potential of Mega Evolution, but his life was near an end.

A small round stone, looking like a beautiful giant marble filled with swirls of red and yellow began to float to Gary’s hand where he clutched it. Being in such close proximity to Amph, the stone had a warm glow to it. It seemed to resonate with Gary’s keystone, and Alakazam beckoned for him to initiate the bonding with his Pokemon. Gary turned to Amph and fastened the gem to the pink bow on her tail. “Are you ready for this?” Gary asked with a warm smile on his face. Amph slowly smiled back and nodded as she placed her hands on her trainer’s.

“Okay, let’s do this!” Gary began recalling all of the adventures he had shared with Amph over the years, all of the good as well as the tough times. Every experience they had shared together to this point was just a stepping stone that was building towards this; every memory they shared made them all the more closer as partners, teammates, and friends. Gary loved all of his Pokemon, but Amph was one of the special ones, there was no denying that. As his feelings filled up the keystone, it began to glow, causing the Ampharosite to reciprocate.

Amph’s body began to glow bright as she surged with power. She didn’t grow any bigger, but her ears became more rounded and stretched out. Her tail was suddenly covered in thick white wool and a number of small red gems. Luxurious white hair flowed from her head, growing out like a glorious mane. The hair came together down her back in a long braid that was tied together by her pink bow that served as a Mega Stone Accessory. Once the glowing stopped, Amph stood proudly in her newly evolved Mega form. Gary couldn’t help but be in awe of her majesty.
__________________
Sandaa is offline  
Old 11-09-2018, 03:28 PM   #658
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge
 
TheKnightsFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 4,501
Sandaa- You watch in awe as Amph undergoes Mega Evolution for the first time, growing a stunning pure white mane of wool. There is a new energy about her as well, the unmistakable aura of strength that surrounds all Dragon Pokemon. You notice that some of the energy that Amph is giving off is being drawn towards the cocoon of energy that swirls around the preserved Monk.

"Congratulations on attaining the strongest bond possible with your Pokemon. I must also thank you. With the creation of a new Mega Bond, you have provided my master with the energy he requires to live at least another 100 years. We ask that you cherish the bond you share with all of your Pokemon. We also ask that you keep this place a secret, only those that are worthy should be drawn here. With that your journey here is complete, however I feel your journeys are far from over." The Alakazam floats its spoons towards you, the five of them quickly surround Amph and yourself. The spoons let out a flash, blinding you momentarily....

You were back in the Pokemon Center, all of the trainers and nurses were staring at you and Amph in bewilderment. The Mega Ampharos looks to you, their prying eyes were making her feel anxious.


Your adventure in Bedlam is now complete, I hope you enjoyed it!
__________________



TheKnightsFury is offline  
Old 11-09-2018, 03:57 PM   #659
Sandaa
Yayyy
 
Sandaa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,834
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post
Sandaa- You watch in awe as Amph undergoes Mega Evolution for the first time, growing a stunning pure white mane of wool. There is a new energy about her as well, the unmistakable aura of strength that surrounds all Dragon Pokemon. You notice that some of the energy that Amph is giving off is being drawn towards the cocoon of energy that swirls around the preserved Monk.

"Congratulations on attaining the strongest bond possible with your Pokemon. I must also thank you. With the creation of a new Mega Bond, you have provided my master with the energy he requires to live at least another 100 years. We ask that you cherish the bond you share with all of your Pokemon. We also ask that you keep this place a secret, only those that are worthy should be drawn here. With that your journey here is complete, however I feel your journeys are far from over." The Alakazam floats its spoons towards you, the five of them quickly surround Amph and yourself. The spoons let out a flash, blinding you momentarily....

You were back in the Pokemon Center, all of the trainers and nurses were staring at you and Amph in bewilderment. The Mega Ampharos looks to you, their prying eyes were making her feel anxious.


Your adventure in Bedlam is now complete, I hope you enjoyed it!
As Gary was still in awe of Amph’s new form, impressed by the draconic nature of the electric sheep’s mega evolution and her beautiful flowing locks, the solemn voice spoke in their heads once again to congratulate them on making it this far. Gary looked to the half-mummified monk and his sagely Alakazam and nodded slowly as they requested he keep this location a secret. As he did so, the Alakazam’s spoons began to glow and a bright light enveloped Gary and Amph, causing them to close their eyes.

When the light faded and Gary and Amph opened their eyes once again, they were standing back in the Pokemon Center in town once again. The Alakazam must have Teleported them back down the mountain, which Gary was thankful for since it was a long journey to get up there in the first place. They could feel everyone’s eyes upon them, and not liking to be the center of attention, Gary sheepishly smiled and brought Amph in close. “Why don’t you take a rest for now?” he said as he returned her to her Love Ball.

Gary let out a sigh of relief as a wave of exhaustion finally hit him. This had been quite the ordeal for him and his Pokemon, but it was a special one he would never forget. Since he was already here at the Pokemon Center, Gary went up to the counter and healed his tired and injured comrades. While he waited, Gary had felt in his mind he had explored everywhere in this city that he had wanted and it was probably time to move on. As he contemplated his next destination, he couldn’t help but overhear some other townspeople gossiping over a spike in gang activity. Something was surely going on, and maybe only time would tell what they could be.


Thanks for a great adventure, TKF!
__________________
Sandaa is offline  
Old 11-25-2018, 07:27 PM   #660
CyberBlastoise
Team Mother?
 
CyberBlastoise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 665
The Bedlam Quarry
Please reply in Beige

Biggggg5: You give what could possibly be your last orders if all does not go well. Both of the electric-bug types have their orders and shoot out as much energy as they can to their respective targets. However, one of them appears to be off target, no wait, Tex purposefully unleashed an attack straight to the trainer. The battery-empowered Thunderbolt strikes at full force.

The Dusclops flinches for a second, but King gives his command "Do it! Now!"

The Ghost type starts to stomp back and forth before getting hit by its own Thunderbolt given to it by the Ditto. The Dusclops takes the hit for a few seconds while it Earthquakes the area. The bad news is is that the attack did start, but the good news is it could not complete the move. The Dusclops collapses from all the attacks it endured, including the ones from the surface.

The attack by itself seems to have done nothing to you and your group, but you feel quakes start up, however. The cave is starting to collapse, King would try to stop you should you try to go through him, but the Thunderbolt from earlier left him paralyzed. He's resigned to his fate. The Ditto gives a hateful look towards him, but it instead tries to lead you out, maybe if you hurry you can make it, but time is running out. King is laying defeated, but the cave is collapsing.

A light does appear above you, you can see the surface from where you are, though the ceiling is at least 80 feet high, whereas the Ditto seems to believe you might be able to get out via the ramp that appears to go through some more tests. You may not have time to solve them, but you also wouldn't be able to bring anyone other than yourself (outside of Pokeballs obviously) should you try to climb to the ceiling.

What will you do?
__________________

Fizzy Bubbles

PASBL
CyberBlastoise is offline  
Old 12-16-2018, 01:37 AM   #661
biggggg5
Volcano Badge
 
biggggg5's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Mage of Breath
Posts: 2,321
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberBlastoise View Post
The Bedlam Quarry
Please reply in Beige

Biggggg5: You give what could possibly be your last orders if all does not go well. Both of the electric-bug types have their orders and shoot out as much energy as they can to their respective targets. However, one of them appears to be off target, no wait, Tex purposefully unleashed an attack straight to the trainer. The battery-empowered Thunderbolt strikes at full force.

The Dusclops flinches for a second, but King gives his command "Do it! Now!"

The Ghost type starts to stomp back and forth before getting hit by its own Thunderbolt given to it by the Ditto. The Dusclops takes the hit for a few seconds while it Earthquakes the area. The bad news is is that the attack did start, but the good news is it could not complete the move. The Dusclops collapses from all the attacks it endured, including the ones from the surface.

The attack by itself seems to have done nothing to you and your group, but you feel quakes start up, however. The cave is starting to collapse, King would try to stop you should you try to go through him, but the Thunderbolt from earlier left him paralyzed. He's resigned to his fate. The Ditto gives a hateful look towards him, but it instead tries to lead you out, maybe if you hurry you can make it, but time is running out. King is laying defeated, but the cave is collapsing.

A light does appear above you, you can see the surface from where you are, though the ceiling is at least 80 feet high, whereas the Ditto seems to believe you might be able to get out via the ramp that appears to go through some more tests. You may not have time to solve them, but you also wouldn't be able to bring anyone other than yourself (outside of Pokeballs obviously) should you try to climb to the ceiling.

What will you do?
Big's heart seems to be beating about once a minute as what could be his last orders play out in front of him. With two thunderbolts boosted by each other's ability, his best hope is for them to hit before the dusclops can get his earth-shaking move off. His heart sinks when it looks like Tex's move missed its mark but he gasps when he realizes where it's headed. "Tex what are you doing?!" He calls out to the electric type. "What needs to be done for us to get out of here." She mutters back, Big's sudden understanding of her catches him off guard but there isn't too much he can do to change the actions already put in motion. He winces at both impacts of thunderbolt and both the opposing pokemon and the trainer. But the ground starts shaking despite their apparent success, though there is a brief flash of relief that it could have been worse.

As the cave begins to collapse Big begins to follow the Ditto out but hesitates and looks back at the fallen King. If he did nothing the man would surely perish in the rubble. But he couldn't put his own life and the lives of his pokemon at risk, not for someone who had just tried to kill them like that. This goes through his head in an instant before he makes his decision and as he moves after the ditto he reaches back into his bag and throws a Saran-wrapped Casteliacone to King. "If you make it out you owe me to try and do something good with your strength!" He calls and recalls Tex as he calls out to the Ditto. "Let's try for the ceiling!" He tells the ditto. "With you having Tex's strings and bug feet and my hands, I think we can both make it!"
__________________
PASBL stats
FB stats
Wild Future Stuff


Interested in the PASBL (Pokemon Anime Style Battle League)? Read our Getting Started thread! Got a question? Go to our Q/A thread.

Spoiler: show
biggggg5 is offline  
Old 12-19-2018, 11:01 PM   #662
Gemini Spark
Weavile Pillow
 
Gemini Spark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Resting with Leila <3
Posts: 2,111
Send a message via Skype™ to Gemini Spark
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raves View Post
Crimson Sanctum.

Gemini Spark
: Taking the Shell upon his offer you couldn't realistically refuse, your comment regarding the Litwick from earlier makes the man rub his chin in thought, yet he appears merely curious throughout your words, raising eyebrows in a manner of mild shock on your true revelation. Continuing your explanation, your mention of the Rockets registers a slight hint of a smile on the admin's face, and on your comments regarding the prisoner, he merely closes his eyes and gives a small nod.

"Interesting, indeed...being the owner of a Mismagius myself, I'm aware of the potential for grudges," he remarks, "and I'm going to presume the reason you're not exactly human would be due to...unfortunate circumstances. Perhaps it was getting in over your head, or merely being caught off guard, that's your own little secret you need not share.

"But what I can say is that for the rumours that the Shells came from a splinter of the main group, those would be correct. In fact, your presence here would be something of a boon, let's just say." With a look towards his Krookodile, the dark type releases Silas from its grip and the Houndoom returns to your side, a bit shaken but with no lasting damage done. "You see, the few Rockets who came to the Shells had a history of treachery, and one such member, a dodgy individual by the name of Lannard, has been doing some snooping behind our backs, allegedly.

"The trouble is, Lannard happens to be Chief of Supply, and holds quite the reputation among the grey market of the Shells." He takes a few seconds to chuckle to himself. "Well, as grey as you can get from our esteemed group, but I digress. The point is that Lannard's penchant for backstabbing has cost us quite a few of our more respected members. Shells who would wish to see the whole turf war with the Marshals and Ribs dealt with through fair discussion rather than dominant bloodshed. Lannard sees otherwise.

"Which in turn brings us to you. You see, it is no surprise that some of us would rather see Lannard erased. Particularly our de facto leader, Marquis Rigel, but with no direct evidence of the fact he has been sabotaging and betraying us, we simply cannot have him executed. Assassination on the other hand, particularly by a third party freelancer with a grudge against his old organisation, would certainly leave quite the impression on the other ex-Rockets within, and would send the message that the past will always catch up to you."

The admin gives you a few moments to consider his words, before concluding. "Your mention of the Litwick within the catacombs would certainly mean a way in from the outside, which would explain your successful infiltration, and I believe I would know which prisoner you refer to, given my own role in this group is as deputy warden. Were Lannard to meet an unforeseen and unfortunate fate, the chain of command within Supply would be disrupted, and security around the prisoner's belongings cell would become suddenly vacant. By elimination of the fool, you would possess a few moments to raid that particular cell and retrieve the man's companion, as well as whatever else is nearby if you care, then escape through the way you came in during the scuffle.

"Of course, that is if you would be willing to assassinate Lannard. If you would be willing to do so, then I'm sure that security around him will be lax due to a sudden breakout at the other end of the complex under mysterious circumstances. This would buy you around fifteen minutes to reach Supply, cut the head off the snake, steal what you wish from their coffers and abscond before you discover what a barrage of shells raining upon you feels like, proverbially speaking."

"You may wonder what I get out of this, personally, and that's simple: justice. I have my own vendetta with the Rockets as a whole, but you can guess what would happen if an admin of the Shells were to randomly start gunning down his own men. Of course, you could also refuse on the principle of the man personally doing nothing to you, in which case I'll let you be off on your merry way, though you should be aware that while I am more merciful, the rest of the Shells are not so much and if you're caught, you'll likely be reuniting with the prisoner in the arena."

The man looks at you and Silas expectantly, having offered you a proposition that's very tempting, while at the same time giving you the choice of walking out a relatively free ghost-man. What's your decision?
As Michael explained how he got here, it certainly seemed to intrigue the man he was talking with, as he replied, "Interesting, indeed...being the owner of a Mismagius myself, I'm aware of the potential for grudges."
"A Mismagius, hm? I've never met one, would be nice to compare notes with them some other time," Michael mused in return.
"And I'm going to presume the reason you're not exactly human would be due to...unfortunate circumstances. Perhaps it was getting in over your head, or merely being caught off guard, that's your own little secret you need not share." Michael didn't answer this time, he simply looked at the desk as images of what happened flashed in his mind.

"But what I can say is that for the rumours that the Shells came from a splinter of the main group, those would be correct. In fact, your presence here would be something of a boon, let's just say." In that moment, Silas suddenly felt the pressure of the Krookodile's foot be lifted off him, and he couldn't be at Michael's side fast enough, though he would repeatedly glance over at Krookodile out of fear of getting blindsided again. "You see, the few Rockets who came to the Shells had a history of treachery," the man explained, "and one such member, a dodgy individual by the name of Lannard, has been doing some snooping behind our backs, allegedly. The trouble is, Lannard happens to be Chief of Supply, and holds quite the reputation among the grey market of the Shells," he chuckles at this part a little. "Well, as grey as you can get from our esteemed group, but I digress. The point is that Lannard's penchant for backstabbing has cost us quite a few of our more respected members. Shells who would wish to see the whole turf war with the Marshals and Ribs dealt with through fair discussion rather than dominant bloodshed. Lannard sees otherwise.

"Which in turn brings us to you. You see, it is no surprise that some of us would rather see Lannard erased. Particularly our de facto leader, Marquis Rigel, but with no direct evidence of the fact he has been sabotaging and betraying us, we simply cannot have him executed. Assassination on the other hand, particularly by a third party freelancer with a grudge against his old organisation, would certainly leave quite the impression on the other ex-Rockets within, and would send the message that the past will always catch up to you." Michael grins a bit at this. A message...I'm liking the sound of this!

"Your mention of the Litwick within the catacombs would certainly mean a way in from the outside, which would explain your successful infiltration, and I believe I would know which prisoner you refer to, given my own role in this group is as deputy warden. Were Lannard to meet an unforeseen and unfortunate fate, the chain of command within Supply would be disrupted, and security around the prisoner's belongings cell would become suddenly vacant. By elimination of the fool, you would possess a few moments to raid that particular cell and retrieve the man's companion, as well as whatever else is nearby if you care, then escape through the way you came in during the scuffle.

"Of course, that is if you would be willing to assassinate Lannard. If you would be willing to do so, then I'm sure that security around him will be lax due to a sudden breakout at the other end of the complex under mysterious circumstances. This would buy you around fifteen minutes to reach Supply, cut the head off the snake, steal what you wish from their coffers and abscond before you discover what a barrage of shells raining upon you feels like, proverbially speaking."

Mysterious circumstances, hm? Wonder if he's talking about Neemee...

"You may wonder what I get out of this, personally, and that's simple: justice. I have my own vendetta with the Rockets as a whole, but you can guess what would happen if an admin of the Shells were to randomly start gunning down his own men. Of course, you could also refuse on the principle of the man personally doing nothing to you, in which case I'll let you be off on your merry way, though you should be aware that while I am more merciful, the rest of the Shells are not so much and if you're caught, you'll likely be reuniting with the prisoner in the arena."

Wouldn't be much of a fight if that happened, he thought. He'd probably beg for me to put him down. His mind then turned to this mysterious ex-Rocket who the deputy warden had asked to be snuffed out. True, he had no idea who Lannard was, but who says the guy hadn't done something to Michael, like...maybeeeee put him and Helena into their current situation? His grin widened at the possibility of meeting an...old acquaintance, and he stood up, his face becoming that of a human again, save for the wide grin of his zipper mouth, before giving his answer:

"Just one question: how do I get to Supply from here?"
__________________


Avatar made by din-of-hyrule
Battlecut made by the crazy Daisy! *happy snek sounds*
Tumblr | Hyrem's Ask Blog | Wild Future
Gemini Spark is offline  
Old 12-22-2018, 06:52 PM   #663
CyberBlastoise
Team Mother?
 
CyberBlastoise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 665
The Bedlam Quarry
Please reply in Beige

Biggggg5: You give one last mercy to your potential murderer before attempting to head to the surface. You and the Tex-transformed Ditto find a place on a wall that coincides with the ceiling and you start climbing. The Ditto uses its little bug feet to stick to the wall and any place without handholds for you to grab onto, it is more than happy to spit a shot of string to create one.

Just as you grab onto the surface, the cave starts to rumble again, and you find your grip slipping. The Ditto, seeing this, notices a shadow overhead, and it quickly glows. You start to fall before getting caught by a pair of, frankly sharp, talons. It does dig into your right shoulder's skin, but you're not falling anymore. A pair of brown wings flap and you hear a screeching call "FEAAAAAAAR!"

The Ditto transformed into the Normal and Flying type Pokemon, Fearow. With its newfound wings it manages to Fly you to safety. The Rocket science facility below gets even more crushed by the rubble below, you have no idea if King will live, but what is important is that you did. You and the Ditto.

It reveals its true form for you, one last time, a Genderless Level 5 Ditto with the Egg move, Transform, the Move Tutor Move Transform, the TM Move Transform, and the Advanced Move Transform. The Ditto expresses joy when it comes up to you, followed by regret when it sees the damage it did to your shoulder. It will willingly go with you on your adventures, provided you have a spare Pokeball to use on it.

Afterwards, you hear a "Hey! What are you doing there?" Before someone in Marshall uniform shows up to you. "Didn't you hear? Bedlam's being shut down for a while, that means you need to leave......now." As he approaches you, he notices the damage on your shoulder and realizes what he said might've come off as a little harsh. "Sorry about that, I uh...I can drive you to a hospital in the next town if you'd like."

Whatever you choose, as you leave this town behind, the camera pans over to the Fearow the Ditto saw earlier, it caws again and flies off before glowing in the sunset and becoming a pink cat-like Pokemon. Floating far, far away.

Congratulations on your completed adventure. Hope you had fun.
__________________

Fizzy Bubbles

PASBL
CyberBlastoise is offline  
Old 12-23-2018, 10:09 PM   #664
biggggg5
Volcano Badge
 
biggggg5's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Mage of Breath
Posts: 2,321
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberBlastoise View Post
The Bedlam Quarry
Please reply in Beige

Biggggg5: You give one last mercy to your potential murderer before attempting to head to the surface. You and the Tex-transformed Ditto find a place on a wall that coincides with the ceiling and you start climbing. The Ditto uses its little bug feet to stick to the wall and any place without handholds for you to grab onto, it is more than happy to spit a shot of string to create one.

Just as you grab onto the surface, the cave starts to rumble again, and you find your grip slipping. The Ditto, seeing this, notices a shadow overhead, and it quickly glows. You start to fall before getting caught by a pair of, frankly sharp, talons. It does dig into your right shoulder's skin, but you're not falling anymore. A pair of brown wings flap and you hear a screeching call "FEAAAAAAAR!"

The Ditto transformed into the Normal and Flying type Pokemon, Fearow. With its newfound wings it manages to Fly you to safety. The Rocket science facility below gets even more crushed by the rubble below, you have no idea if King will live, but what is important is that you did. You and the Ditto.

It reveals its true form for you, one last time, a Genderless Level 5 Ditto with the Egg move, Transform, the Move Tutor Move Transform, the TM Move Transform, and the Advanced Move Transform. The Ditto expresses joy when it comes up to you, followed by regret when it sees the damage it did to your shoulder. It will willingly go with you on your adventures, provided you have a spare Pokeball to use on it.

Afterwards, you hear a "Hey! What are you doing there?" Before someone in Marshall uniform shows up to you. "Didn't you hear? Bedlam's being shut down for a while, that means you need to leave......now." As he approaches you, he notices the damage on your shoulder and realizes what he said might've come off as a little harsh. "Sorry about that, I uh...I can drive you to a hospital in the next town if you'd like."

Whatever you choose, as you leave this town behind, the camera pans over to the Fearow the Ditto saw earlier, it caws again and flies off before glowing in the sunset and becoming a pink cat-like Pokemon. Floating far, far away.

Congratulations on your completed adventure. Hope you had fun.
With the last gesture to his opponent Big and Ditto make their way up out of Rocket testing facility using borrowed abilities from Tex. Just as he is about to grab the last handhold though, there is another rumble and he loses his grip. His heart drops and he begins to let out a yell but it seems Ditto is on top of things. With a sharp pain to his shoulder he sees that Ditto had spotted a nearby fearow and transformed once again to catch Big by the skin of his teeth. Relief completely overpowering the pain of being taloned in the shoulder they eventually set down and Big sits next to the bird which transforms back into the cute pink blob. "Thank you for saving me, multiple times." He says and with the slightest grunt of pain he reaches into his backpack and pulls out the first pokeball he reaches, a repeat ball. He reaches it out to the ditto. "I'd love for you to come and join us." The ditto gives a weird amorphous nod and boops itself against the Repeat ball, allowing itself to be sucked in with a satisfying click. Big also nods satisfied and with one hand on his shoulder and one holding the repeat ball he says. 'Welcome to the team Tennyson." He puts the ball away and starts to think about how he's gonna get out of here when he hears someone calling to him. The sight of a Marshall uniform is a welcome relief even if he is getting yelled at. "Shut down? Good. This place is kind of a death trap." He chuckles and nods. "Yeah, I'd appreciate a ride, and I can tell you about what was down there too, your superiors will probably wanna investigate while the city is closed." He lets the Marshall drive him off into the distance as he catches a glimpse of some sparkles out the window. Shaking his head and putting it off as exhaustion he starts to explain what he found to the Marshall.

Claiming my level 5 Ditto, nicknaming "him" Tennyson and feeding him 15 candies to level him up to level 20. Thank you again for the adventure CB. Was a lot of fun.
__________________
PASBL stats
FB stats
Wild Future Stuff


Interested in the PASBL (Pokemon Anime Style Battle League)? Read our Getting Started thread! Got a question? Go to our Q/A thread.

Spoiler: show
biggggg5 is offline  
Old 12-29-2018, 05:08 PM   #665
Emi
The Cutest Tsarina
 
Emi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 11,745
Send a message via Skype™ to Emi
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggggg5 View Post
Emi
With the grunt knocked out you claim the fallen Shell's weapon despite its absolutely shoddy condition. You harbor thoughts of getting it repaired and registered. Perhaps if you helped take out some of the more troublesome members of the gang the shady nature of the city could work in your favor in keeping the gun "legally." As you ponder this you find yourself in the company of the phantump looking between you and Scylla curiously. As you talk to it, it tilts its head to the side as you make your case. The face of the phantump does not change from its curious expression but seems to be listening intently. When you mention the Shell once more it turns and floats down to the unconscious man. You wonder what it is doing when you hear a light "tap" and see it smack the grunt with one of its minuscule arms. It seems it was getting a little more frustration at the man out before it rummages for through his pockets and presents to you some Pokebucks.

??? has gained $250

After being seemingly satisfied giving you the money it floats to the edge of the clearing before looking back to you. It flies back over to you and says slowly: "Phaaaaan-tump." It then heads back to the edge of the clearing again and looks back, as if waiting for you. You can get the gist in that it agrees that you can be friends but it needs your help with something first. What will you do?

You have gained an Ally in a Level 8 Phantump with the unnatural move Bullet Seed.
The Phantump appeared to be annoyed with the grunt, before rummaging through the grunt's pockets, pulling out some cash. The woman looked down at the Phantump as it tried to hand it to her, laughing a bit. I guess the man didn't really need any of his money anymore, did he? She took the cash and quietly pocketed it, knowing that it really wasn't much. She knew that saving every little penny eventually would help in the long run though, as you never know when unexpected things happen in life, do you? The Phantump then cried out and moved over to he edge of the clearing, looking at the woman and looking back. 'This little fella definitely wants me to follow it. It seems like it has something else for me to do. It's been a pretty good sport all things considered, even taking out that Grunt for me, so I guess I should play along and see what the issue is.' The woman chuckled, before turning around to Scylla. "Scylla, I think we're going to follow the Phantump on whatever errand it needs from us. You could use a friend after all to keep you company." Scylla looked at the Phantump nervously, but simply nodded and followed along. The woman got to the edge of the clearing and turned towards the Phantom, smiling genuinely. "Well, let's go then. I'm glad to have made your acquaintance, Phantump. Now, let's see what you need helping with. After you." The woman bowed slightly, letting the Phantump make the decision to go forward.

(Claiming the $250. Thank you!)
__________________
Emi is offline  
Old 12-29-2018, 05:38 PM   #666
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge
 
TheKnightsFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 4,501
Emi- Offering your services to the Phantump, you continue to follow it through the Crystal Grove. You're unsure what the Phantump's issue is, but you're almost certain it has something to do with the Shells. The ghost comes to a stop at the edge of a clearing, urging you to take cover in a nearby bush. You soon realise why, three Shell members stand in the middle of the clearing, their backs currently turned to you. Two of them are almost certainly grunts, dirty clothes and a ragged appearance makes them look no better than a hobo. The third is a lot cleaner cut, clad in black leather her raven hair flows down her slender body, reaching past her hips. She certainly seems to be the one in charge as she orders the other two around. You do your best to listen in on the conversation, but considering you've missed part of it you can't be certain of their intentions.

"Rig the device, if we put enough energy into it then certainly it will work", the woman speaks with a sense of certainty.

"But Veronica, what if it detonates before we can get clear?" One of the grunts questions, concerned for his own safety.

"Just do it or I will kill you myself, the only difference is that I'll make sure you death is as painful as possible." The grunt lowers his head and the trio begin working on something. From your hiding place you manage to make out what appears to be a rather large crystal, purple in colour. The Shells seem to be attaching cables to the crystal. You look to the Phantump, the Ghost type's concern seems to be growing.
__________________



TheKnightsFury is offline  
Old 12-29-2018, 08:17 PM   #667
Emi
The Cutest Tsarina
 
Emi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 11,745
Send a message via Skype™ to Emi
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post
Emi- Offering your services to the Phantump, you continue to follow it through the Crystal Grove. You're unsure what the Phantump's issue is, but you're almost certain it has something to do with the Shells. The ghost comes to a stop at the edge of a clearing, urging you to take cover in a nearby bush. You soon realise why, three Shell members stand in the middle of the clearing, their backs currently turned to you. Two of them are almost certainly grunts, dirty clothes and a ragged appearance makes them look no better than a hobo. The third is a lot cleaner cut, clad in black leather her raven hair flows down her slender body, reaching past her hips. She certainly seems to be the one in charge as she orders the other two around. You do your best to listen in on the conversation, but considering you've missed part of it you can't be certain of their intentions.

"Rig the device, if we put enough energy into it then certainly it will work", the woman speaks with a sense of certainty.

"But Veronica, what if it detonates before we can get clear?" One of the grunts questions, concerned for his own safety.

"Just do it or I will kill you myself, the only difference is that I'll make sure you death is as painful as possible." The grunt lowers his head and the trio begin working on something. From your hiding place you manage to make out what appears to be a rather large crystal, purple in colour. The Shells seem to be attaching cables to the crystal. You look to the Phantump, the Ghost type's concern seems to be growing.
The woman followed the Phantump, moving through the groves with some ease, although the Phantump did occasionally forget that she didn't have the ability to go incorporeal and had to traverse some rather difficult obstacles. She had been thinking about what this Phantump had wanted her to do, and she figured that it probably had something to do with the Shells. After all, it had been pretty aggressive towards that one grunt, and that probably meant it had a grudge against them. Which was fine, she supposed, considering it was a ghost. The Phantump eventually stops at a clearing, and motions to a nearby bush to take cover in. The woman does so, not wanting to be seen as she spied three more Shells standing in the middle of the clearing, with their backs turned to her. She wondered if they were huddled around something, but took some time to look at the clothes they were wearing. Two of them were dressed...well that's kind of the problem, they were barely in what anyone would consider "properly dressed", looking like another couple of worms that crawled up out of the earth. The third one, however, looked a lot better off, being clad entirely in black leather with long, raven black hair going past her hips. She clearly seemed to be the one in charge here, shouting orders to the other ones.

From what she could get, it seems they were using the crystal as some sort of makeshift explosive device. Why they would do that she had no idea, but there very likely wasn't a good reason for a group like that to be rigging up a bomb. The Phantump looked really concerned, and she imagined this likely had to do with the bomb being placed where it would cause a lot of damage. There were three Shells now instead of the one before, and given the conversation, the middle one probably wouldn't take kindly to being interrupted on their fun. Not that it was the type of fun someone like her should be having, but the woman decided it was probably best to stop them here. She turned to Scylla, thinking of something that could be done, before remembering a pretty specific technique that her Inkay had learned recently. She leaned in close, trying her absolute best to be as silent as possible. "Scylla, I'm going to see what I can do to try and distract them. You work with the Phantump to get the middle one's attention and then use your Hypnosis on her. She should become nice and complaint then, so we'll be able to handle things. Fortunately, you're an Inkay, so you can handle this I hope?" Scylla looked a little scared but nodded. The woman knew that Scylla was already using her abilities to steal from people, so this should be fine with her. Bracing herself, she walked out of the bushes.

"I mean, yes, you could make him die painfully, but I personally don't even think that effort is worth it on...someone like that. They shouldn't even have the ability to whimper."
__________________
Emi is offline  
Old 12-29-2018, 09:01 PM   #668
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge
 
TheKnightsFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 4,501
Emi- Having hatched a plan, you brazenly emerge from the bush, hoping to distract the three Shells while Scylla and the Phantump do their thing. The three turn to face you, thankfully their attention is solely on you and not the two Pokemon floating towards them from above.

"I like the way you think hun, but I'm afraid you've stuck your nose in where it isn't wanted", a wicked grin crosses Veronica's face. "Get her boys!"

The two grunts surge forward, feet heavy on the ground as they stampede towards you. Scylla drops down behind them, startling Veronica. The Inkay begins to flash its lights in a repetitive pattern, drawing the woman's attention as she begins to fall into the hypnotic display. Veronica's arms drop to her side and she stands up straight and as stiff as a board, Scylla had control of her, but for how long was uncertain. As the two grunts barrel towards you, the Phantump dashes in to intercept, releasing a confusing ray of light that catches the pair by surprise. One stumbles, falling face first into the dirt , the other backpedals, unsure of what to do. While his partner tumbles around on the ground, his already weak mind in shambles, the remaining grunt retreats towards Veronica and pulls something from her belt.

The grunt tosses a Pokeball out in front of himself, releasing a Krokorok onto the grass in front of him. The landgator looks back at the grunt, uncertain as to why he was being controlled by someone other than his trainer. "You listen to me now!" The grunt shouts at the Ground type, "attack these Pokemon!" The Krokorok lets out an intimidating growl, leaving the Phantump and Scylla feeling a little unsettled, their attack reduced. The grunt turns to the crystal they'd been turning into an explosive and continues to make the final touches to the device. Now getting a better look at the crystal, you notice a strange black symbol in the middle of it. It almost looks like an eye, surrounded by another symbol that kind of looks like a weird hairband? Their was certainly something familiar about it.
__________________




Last edited by TheKnightsFury; 12-29-2018 at 11:50 PM.
TheKnightsFury is offline  
Old 12-29-2018, 11:57 PM   #669
Emi
The Cutest Tsarina
 
Emi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 11,745
Send a message via Skype™ to Emi
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post
Emi- Having hatched a plan, you brazenly emerge from the bush, hoping to distract the three Shells while Scylla and the Phantump do their thing. The three turn to face you, thankfully their attention is solely on you and not the two Pokemon floating towards them from above.

"I like the way you think hun, but I'm afraid you've stuck your nose in where it isn't wanted", a wicked grin crosses Veronica's face. "Get her boys!"

The two grunts surge forward, feet heavy on the ground as they stampede towards you. Scylla drops down behind them and startling Veronica. The Inkay begins to flash its lights in a repetitive pattern, drawing the woman's attention as she begins to fall into the hypnotic display. Veronica's arms drop to her side and she stands up straight and as stiff as a board, Scylla had control of her, but for how long was uncertain. As the two grunts barrel towards you, the Phantump dashes in to intercept, releasing a confusing ray of light that catches the pair by surprise. One stumbles, falling face first into the dirt , the other backpedals, unsure of what to do. While his partner tumbles around on the ground, his already weak mind in shambles, the remaining grunt retreats towards Veronica and pulls something from her belt.

The grunt tosses a Pokeball out in front of himself, releasing a Krokorok onto the grass in front of him. The landgator looks back at the grunt, uncertain as to why he was being controlled by someone other than his trainer. "You listen to me now!" The grunt shouts at the Ground type, "attack these Pokemon!" The Krokorok lets out an intimidating growl, leaving the Phantump and Scylla feeling a little unsettled, their attack reduced. The grunt turns to the crystal they'd been turning into an explosive and continues to make the final touches to the device. Now getting a better look at the crystal, you notice a strange black symbol in the middle of it. It almost looks like an eye, surrounded by another symbol that kind of looks like a weird hairband? Their was certainly something familiar about it.
"Aww, I was hoping we'd come to a common ground there. Shame you had to start to get violent." The woman simply chuckled as the two grunts lunged at her, knowing that it was pretty unlikely she would be harmed by them. She saw Scylla drop down and start to flash her hypnotic lights at Veronica, who gradually fell into a hypnotic trance. 'That went well, but now there's the issue of these two grunts in front of me.' Fortunately, that's where the Phantump came into play, lunging forward and flashing the grunts with a Confuse Ray, although it only ended up hitting one of them head-on, causing him to fall to the ground as the lights messed with his head. The grunt freezes for a moment, trying to decide what to do, before running over to Veronica and pulling a Pokeball from her belt, releasing a Krokorok. Time froze in place for a moment as the woman looked at the Pokemon being released. 'Normally, a Krokorok wouldn't be much of a threat to a seasoned trainer, but I have a rather timid Inkay and a Phantump who isn't quite my own yet to work with. Simply put, that thing is too dangerous right now to fight head-on; we'll be annihilated. So we'll have to play more touch and go.' The woman started to move, knowing that the Pokemon in front of her was trying to intimidate the two of hers that were in action. Fortunately, the man had turned to continue working on the bomb, which was his own folly.

"Scylla, Phantump, I need you to keep it distracted. Use whatever tricks you need, Confuse Rays, Hypnosis, Camoflague, Astonish, anything to keep it from gaining any ground. As long as you can keep it busy for a short period of time, you'll have the win." She hoped that her advance wouldn't be noticed, but prepared herself in case it was, moving over to Veronica's ear, whispering into it. "Now you're going to be a good little girl and do exactly what I'll tell you. First of all, I need you to call your Krokorok off, and if you can, sick it on the grunt who used it without your permission. Then, you're going to feel a very strong urge to disarm the bomb, and when you do, it'll make you feel nice and warm and fuzzy. Finally, you'll want to follow me for a bit afterward, so we can have a nice chat. Make sure to obey. Obeying is good." She didn't quite know if this would work like this, and surprisingly, she was having a bit of a moral dilemma about whether taking advantage of a person like this was really a good move, but in the end, its simply what needed to be done. Getting her hands dirty to do at least one good deed didn't really bother her all too much.
__________________
Emi is offline  
Old 12-30-2018, 05:11 AM   #670
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge
 
TheKnightsFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 4,501
Emi- Forced to subdue an evolved Pokemon with a relatively inexperienced Pokemon and a wild Pokemon not yet under your command, you have to think outside of the box. There are a few things playing to your advantage though, the Krokorok wasn't being controlled by its regular trainer and its regular trainer was under your control. Scylla and Phantump would seek to further the Krokorok's confusion. The Phantump starts off, drawing the Krokorok's attention by bombarding it with a Bullet Seed. The Krokorok bares its teeth, baited in by the super effective attack it rushes towards the Phantump, intent on biting it. However it falls short, seemingly tripping over nothing mere metres away from the Grass type. Scylla cackles with laughter as her Camouflage fades. Looking to press her advantage, the Inkay flickers her lights hypnotically once more, but the Krokorok doesn't seem to be drawn to the technique like Veronica was. Instead it lashes out, Crunching down on Scylla's soft body. As the Inkay struggles to wriggle free, the Phantump rushes to her aid. Fading from sight, it reappears behind the Krokorok, hitting it with an Astonishing blow, causing it to release its hold on Scylla. She certainly wouldn't get that close again.

While the two Pokemon do their best to keep the Krokorok busy, you slink across the clearing to confront the hypnotised Veronica. You whisper into her ear, giving clear and explicit instructions, hoping that you can resolve this conflict swiftly. You hadn't tried this before and something about it felt morally wrong, but then again, these idiots were trying to blow something up. It takes a moment but Veronica finally responds, speaking in a strange, monotone voice that completely lacks emotion.

"Krokorok stand down", she orders, "Krokorok take down Shawn." The Krokorok immediately stops fighting Scylla and the Phantump, but it seems unsure about its orders. Perhaps it could sense something was wrong with its trainer? "Fine", mutters Veronica, "Shawn, disarm the bomb."

The grunt snarls, "I just finished it, I'm blowing it up no matter what!"

"Shawn, do as you are told and ........" Veronica pauses, something was wrong. You stagger backwards as a sickly smile spreads across her face, the Hypnosis had worn off. "blow it, blow it now!"

Before you can stop him, Shawn activates the device, sending a surge of electricity into the strange looking crystal. The stone begins to glow intensely, you feel your head begin to ache. Slamming your hands onto your temples you stumble backwards, as do Veronica and Shawn. The Phantump seems distressed as well, however Scylla and the Krokorok seem unaffected by the strange development. Sparks begin to jump from the device, and the light begins to fade as the bombs power source fails, the detonation along with it.

The next few minutes are spent stumbling around, your mind spinning faster than a Baltoy. As the world around you begins to steady, you swear you can hear the sound of sirens getting closer to your location.

"The Marshal's are coming", shouts Veronica, "we've got to get out of here. Shawn, grab Derek and let's get going!" The Shells pick themselves up and make a break for it, soon disappearing from sight. In their haste they have left the device behind, the Marshals would likely be interested in it. Would they take your word that it was the Shells who created the device? What if they tried to pin it on you instead? You'd have to decide quickly, stay and explain the situation or make a break for it and let the Marshals work it out for themselves?
__________________



TheKnightsFury is offline  
Old 12-30-2018, 09:17 AM   #671
Raves
Brains over Brawn.
 
Raves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Life and love make fools of us all. Gods reject the existence of love and life.
Posts: 1,890
Send a message via Skype™ to Raves
I keep hearing someone rapidly shouting about aura but not where they're at...

Crimson Sanctum.

Gemini Spark:
The siren lure of vengeance easily ensnares you as you give the Shell the response he was looking for, grim glee on your face as you ask for directions to supply. The man nods before pushing forward a folded pamphlet to your hands.

"This is a map of the sanctum. Supply is situated to the northern end of this building we are in, on the ground floor, and Lannard's office is situated here," he points on the map. "Your fifteen minute window will start momentarily, so I advise you make your move now while you have the opportunity." Motioning towards the door, the admin pauses for a few seconds in thought while you exit the tower with Silas, the Krookodile watching the pair of you leave. As you make your way back to the foyer following the map, you can hear sounds of a scuffle from the other side of the complex, followed by a guttural roar and a plume of smoke rising. Whatever that was, it was certainly a distraction.

Heading to the supply sector, you and Silas note that there are no Shells in sight, and indeed the lack of security of any sort seems awfully suspicious, while the passage to Lannard's office is equally unguarded. The Houndoom, however, appears apprehensive as you approach the doorway to the office, and as your hand reaches for the knob of the door, your canine companion whimpers fearfully, uncharacteristically...

Inhaling, you push open the door and the sight before you is anything but a true nightmare scene. Your job to eliminate Lannard appears to be already successful, as the Shell is nothing more than a large bloody stain strewn across the walls of the office, shattered bone fragments embedded into the desk and severed head in a state of unmitigated terror. As you try and process the scene before you, shadows begin to move as you spot some familiar looking rags...which is when the monstrosity before you causes your disguise to completely evaporate in shock.

It couldn't be described in words, but the thing before you was beyond your concept, and nothing but fear filled you and Silas's spirits. The thing certainly noticed the pair of you, and elicited a sound that shook you to your very soul, the astonishing force of the noise causing the pair of you to wince. The shadowy beast appeared to rear back, grabbing the wooden desk and hefting it above it, seemingly ready to hammer you into paste like Lannard, and you realise very quickly that it was blinded by pure, unadulterated rage, the very essence of the true form of Neemee without a disguise was more than willing to destroy what lay before it, a literal living nightmare that would surely consume your spirit the longer you were within its vicinity...

What can you do?
Raves is offline  
Old 12-30-2018, 10:30 PM   #672
Gemini Spark
Weavile Pillow
 
Gemini Spark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Resting with Leila <3
Posts: 2,111
Send a message via Skype™ to Gemini Spark
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raves View Post
Crimson Sanctum.

Gemini Spark:
The siren lure of vengeance easily ensnares you as you give the Shell the response he was looking for, grim glee on your face as you ask for directions to supply. The man nods before pushing forward a folded pamphlet to your hands.

"This is a map of the sanctum. Supply is situated to the northern end of this building we are in, on the ground floor, and Lannard's office is situated here," he points on the map. "Your fifteen minute window will start momentarily, so I advise you make your move now while you have the opportunity." Motioning towards the door, the admin pauses for a few seconds in thought while you exit the tower with Silas, the Krookodile watching the pair of you leave. As you make your way back to the foyer following the map, you can hear sounds of a scuffle from the other side of the complex, followed by a guttural roar and a plume of smoke rising. Whatever that was, it was certainly a distraction.

Heading to the supply sector, you and Silas note that there are no Shells in sight, and indeed the lack of security of any sort seems awfully suspicious, while the passage to Lannard's office is equally unguarded. The Houndoom, however, appears apprehensive as you approach the doorway to the office, and as your hand reaches for the knob of the door, your canine companion whimpers fearfully, uncharacteristically...

Inhaling, you push open the door and the sight before you is anything but a true nightmare scene. Your job to eliminate Lannard appears to be already successful, as the Shell is nothing more than a large bloody stain strewn across the walls of the office, shattered bone fragments embedded into the desk and severed head in a state of unmitigated terror. As you try and process the scene before you, shadows begin to move as you spot some familiar looking rags...which is when the monstrosity before you causes your disguise to completely evaporate in shock.

It couldn't be described in words, but the thing before you was beyond your concept, and nothing but fear filled you and Silas's spirits. The thing certainly noticed the pair of you, and elicited a sound that shook you to your very soul, the astonishing force of the noise causing the pair of you to wince. The shadowy beast appeared to rear back, grabbing the wooden desk and hefting it above it, seemingly ready to hammer you into paste like Lannard, and you realise very quickly that it was blinded by pure, unadulterated rage, the very essence of the true form of Neemee without a disguise was more than willing to destroy what lay before it, a literal living nightmare that would surely consume your spirit the longer you were within its vicinity...

What can you do?
Michael's disguise completes, his zipper mouth becoming a human mouth once again as he was given directions to the supply room by the deputy warden. "This is a map of the sanctum. Supply is situated to the northern end of this building we are in, on the ground floor, and Lannard's office is situated here. Your fifteen minute window will start momentarily, so I advise you make your move now while you have the opportunity."

"Well, it's been a pleasure doing business with you; a rare thing in these parts, I hear. See you around. Let's go, Silas," Michael replied, the Houndoom accompanying him out the door and down the tower. "Do you think he's putting us into a trap?" Silas asked Michael.
"Maybe," Michael responded, switching to Banette language for the moment. "But why go to all the trouble of bringing us up the tower and threaten to kill you only to send us into the waiting arms of a goon squad? I don't get that kind of vibe from him. Besides, it was either this, or watch as you get turned into Krookodile dinner."
"Uuuuh...don't remind me," whimpered Silas, a shiver running down the Houndoom's spine and a part of him wondering what Ammit were to be like upon evolving into one.

Once the pair had gotten back to where they were before they met the deputy warden, they could hear a large commotion and a loud roar before a column of smoke billowed from somewhere. "Sure would like to see what kind of distraction he was talking about...or, well, the aftermath of it anyway," Michael said as he pressed on, noticing the lack of any guards in his path. They couldn't have all been led away by the commotion, this was just too easy! Even as they came to the office door, there was no one stationed there. "I don't like this," Silas growled nervously, taking a defensive posture towards the door, and as Michael touched the door knob, Silas started to whimper, and much more than usual. "Michael, I really don't like this, we should just..we should just g-go!"
"Silas? This isn't like you," Michael looked back to see the Houndoom actually cowering like the dog in those old cartoon shows.
"Th-there's something in there...something bad, really bad! I can sense it, why can't you!?"

By the time he heard the warning he had already opened the door and looked inside only to find the horrific aftermath of a mangled, torn-apart, splattered Lannard, the life seemingly scared out of him as someone--or something--apparently beat Michael to the punch and given him the kind of fate the disguised Banette had in store for him.

And that something was still in the room, a certain pile of rags close by it.

Michael's disguise instantly vanishes as...whatever it was faced them, its gaze chilling and Astonishing them to the very core of their souls. Neither one felt asleep, and yet it seemed to be their worst Nightmares as the creature lifted the entire office desk next to it in an effort to use it as a Wood Hammer to crush its next victims. "Neemee!?" Michael called out, wondering if he should even call it that name anymore. "Neemee, wait! I'm your friend, the one who helped you get in here!" He outstretched his arms, hoping it would recognize him and stop attacking but wholly ready to dodge the incoming attack and order Silas to join him in fleeing from the monstrosity should it come to that, which was highly likely at this point.
__________________


Avatar made by din-of-hyrule
Battlecut made by the crazy Daisy! *happy snek sounds*
Tumblr | Hyrem's Ask Blog | Wild Future
Gemini Spark is offline  
Old 12-31-2018, 08:53 AM   #673
Raves
Brains over Brawn.
 
Raves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Life and love make fools of us all. Gods reject the existence of love and life.
Posts: 1,890
Send a message via Skype™ to Raves
How about one last cosmic horror story for the road?

Crimson Sanctum.

Gemini Spark:
Strange thing, natural instinct. The fight or flight response is something that happens to anything in a dangerous situation, and yet facing something beyond horrific, its very presence seeming to sap at your life force, your mind somehow extends to vague recognition as you call out a name. The thing gives the briefest of pauses, only slight hesitation as though it ponders the words and your actions, but with cloth arms outstretched you can only take the brief reprieve to leap back as it slams the desk down with monumental force, the marble beneath cracking and shattering as flecks of rock spray along with chunks of wood, raining upon you and Silas as the pair of you take the most logical option and turn tail.

Even so, the sting of the debris causes the pair of you to hiss in pain as you barrel through the doorway you came, out into the open corridor and the ornamental pillars...which is when you discover where the guards positioned have went to. Slumped against the pillars, eyes blank and mouths agape in a perpetual scream that never surfaced, the Shells without a doubt suffered a swift yet excruciating fate, literally petrified to death by the appearance of the thing, which gives another horrifying shriek of anger before the shadows cast by the pillars appear to come to life and lunge for you and Silas, clawing at the pair of you in an attempt to cut you into ribbons. The Houndoom rushes forth in defence of you as you instinctively dash for a solid iron door and shove it open, a strange sensation on your side reminding you of your fate.

You stumble into the room but are lost in your own memories, the sound of your beloved's cries ringing in your head, the sense of hopelessness as your assailers turn on you, the sound of a loud bang...you open your eyes to the realisation of the source of the bang as the iron door behind you slams shut, Silas having broke through the monstrosity's bounds, black fur flecked with streaks of red as the Houndoom collapses, giving in to pain and unable to battle on, tearful eyes catching your own in apology. Several tense seconds pass as you try and get a hold of your emotions before you notice the lock on the door.

And then the sound of metallic crashing. The iron door, as resilient as it was, would certainly not hold out forever, and looking around you, you discover you and Silas are cornered! A second glance reveals however that you found yourselves in a storage room, shelves lined with all sorts of items and trinkets, from discs and gadgets to poke balls, and even some peculiar shiny things. What catches your attention the most though is what's hanging from a corner of one of the shelves, some sort of dark cloak with a couple of cuts in it, and a pair of blue buttons haphazardly attached to the top of it. The banging continues, and as Silas crawls to your side you look down to find shadows leaking from a laceration in your physical body, as the door begins to buckle and dent under the force of the thing's vicious assault. This could be your last stand, and there's only a moment before the door is torn apart. Do you have a plan?
Raves is offline  
Old 12-31-2018, 12:42 PM   #674
Gemini Spark
Weavile Pillow
 
Gemini Spark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Resting with Leila <3
Posts: 2,111
Send a message via Skype™ to Gemini Spark
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raves View Post
Crimson Sanctum.

Gemini Spark:
Strange thing, natural instinct. The fight or flight response is something that happens to anything in a dangerous situation, and yet facing something beyond horrific, its very presence seeming to sap at your life force, your mind somehow extends to vague recognition as you call out a name. The thing gives the briefest of pauses, only slight hesitation as though it ponders the words and your actions, but with cloth arms outstretched you can only take the brief reprieve to leap back as it slams the desk down with monumental force, the marble beneath cracking and shattering as flecks of rock spray along with chunks of wood, raining upon you and Silas as the pair of you take the most logical option and turn tail.

Even so, the sting of the debris causes the pair of you to hiss in pain as you barrel through the doorway you came, out into the open corridor and the ornamental pillars...which is when you discover where the guards positioned have went to. Slumped against the pillars, eyes blank and mouths agape in a perpetual scream that never surfaced, the Shells without a doubt suffered a swift yet excruciating fate, literally petrified to death by the appearance of the thing, which gives another horrifying shriek of anger before the shadows cast by the pillars appear to come to life and lunge for you and Silas, clawing at the pair of you in an attempt to cut you into ribbons. The Houndoom rushes forth in defence of you as you instinctively dash for a solid iron door and shove it open, a strange sensation on your side reminding you of your fate.

You stumble into the room but are lost in your own memories, the sound of your beloved's cries ringing in your head, the sense of hopelessness as your assailers turn on you, the sound of a loud bang...you open your eyes to the realisation of the source of the bang as the iron door behind you slams shut, Silas having broke through the monstrosity's bounds, black fur flecked with streaks of red as the Houndoom collapses, giving in to pain and unable to battle on, tearful eyes catching your own in apology. Several tense seconds pass as you try and get a hold of your emotions before you notice the lock on the door.

And then the sound of metallic crashing. The iron door, as resilient as it was, would certainly not hold out forever, and looking around you, you discover you and Silas are cornered! A second glance reveals however that you found yourselves in a storage room, shelves lined with all sorts of items and trinkets, from discs and gadgets to poke balls, and even some peculiar shiny things. What catches your attention the most though is what's hanging from a corner of one of the shelves, some sort of dark cloak with a couple of cuts in it, and a pair of blue buttons haphazardly attached to the top of it. The banging continues, and as Silas crawls to your side you look down to find shadows leaking from a laceration in your physical body, as the door begins to buckle and dent under the force of the thing's vicious assault. This could be your last stand, and there's only a moment before the door is torn apart. Do you have a plan?
Michael's words gave him and Silas a brief, important moment to be able to dodge out of the way as the creature hesitated before slamming the desk down, only getting clipped by the debris before he turns to his partner and yells, "Silas, RUN!!"

The pair run down the hallway, passing by the equally scared-to-death Shells that would have been guarding the place before Michael notices the Shadows out of the corner of his eye... they came to life, forming a Claw that reached out to grasp at the two, cut them down where they were, but there was a sturdy looking door made of iron, if he could just reach it...

No...it's happening all over again...I'm gonna die...and Helena...will be left to her fate...

A loud crash snaps him out of it as the door he was able to open and get behind slams shut, and he looked down to see Silas, barely limping in here before the door was closed, having taken the Shadow Claw attack earlier and now sporting noticeable gashes as he collapsed with one last whimper. "Silas, no, oh Giratina, I'm so sorry, I'm sorry..." he cried out, cradling the exhausted Houndoom's face in his own cloth hands, his own body showing signs of losing ectoplasm. With the iron door threatening to give in, Michael sees they are trapped and looks around desperately for a way out of this before looking at Silas again. "Silas, you're going in your ball, I don't want to be responsible for your death...you'll be safe in there." Silas said nothing, too tired to do so, as he let the Moon Ball pull him inside, before Michael looked towards the cloak...he wasn't sure why he was looking at it, but nothing else was going to work, so he takes the cloak with some oddly placed buttons on it...Neemee did say he was looking for his body...maybe this was it? Better than any other idea he had at this point.
__________________


Avatar made by din-of-hyrule
Battlecut made by the crazy Daisy! *happy snek sounds*
Tumblr | Hyrem's Ask Blog | Wild Future
Gemini Spark is offline  
Old 12-31-2018, 02:31 PM   #675
Emi
The Cutest Tsarina
 
Emi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 11,745
Send a message via Skype™ to Emi
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post
Emi- Forced to subdue an evolved Pokemon with a relatively inexperienced Pokemon and a wild Pokemon not yet under your command, you have to think outside of the box. There are a few things playing to your advantage though, the Krokorok wasn't being controlled by its regular trainer and its regular trainer was under your control. Scylla and Phantump would seek to further the Krokorok's confusion. The Phantump starts off, drawing the Krokorok's attention by bombarding it with a Bullet Seed. The Krokorok bares its teeth, baited in by the super effective attack it rushes towards the Phantump, intent on biting it. However it falls short, seemingly tripping over nothing mere metres away from the Grass type. Scylla cackles with laughter as her Camouflage fades. Looking to press her advantage, the Inkay flickers her lights hypnotically once more, but the Krokorok doesn't seem to be drawn to the technique like Veronica was. Instead it lashes out, Crunching down on Scylla's soft body. As the Inkay struggles to wriggle free, the Phantump rushes to her aid. Fading from sight, it reappears behind the Krokorok, hitting it with an Astonishing blow, causing it to release its hold on Scylla. She certainly wouldn't get that close again.

While the two Pokemon do their best to keep the Krokorok busy, you slink across the clearing to confront the hypnotised Veronica. You whisper into her ear, giving clear and explicit instructions, hoping that you can resolve this conflict swiftly. You hadn't tried this before and something about it felt morally wrong, but then again, these idiots were trying to blow something up. It takes a moment but Veronica finally responds, speaking in a strange, monotone voice that completely lacks emotion.

"Krokorok stand down", she orders, "Krokorok take down Shawn." The Krokorok immediately stops fighting Scylla and the Phantump, but it seems unsure about its orders. Perhaps it could sense something was wrong with its trainer? "Fine", mutters Veronica, "Shawn, disarm the bomb."

The grunt snarls, "I just finished it, I'm blowing it up no matter what!"

"Shawn, do as you are told and ........" Veronica pauses, something was wrong. You stagger backwards as a sickly smile spreads across her face, the Hypnosis had worn off. "blow it, blow it now!"

Before you can stop him, Shawn activates the device, sending a surge of electricity into the strange looking crystal. The stone begins to glow intensely, you feel your head begin to ache. Slamming your hands onto your temples you stumble backwards, as do Veronica and Shawn. The Phantump seems distressed as well, however Scylla and the Krokorok seem unaffected by the strange development. Sparks begin to jump from the device, and the light begins to fade as the bombs power source fails, the detonation along with it.

The next few minutes are spent stumbling around, your mind spinning faster than a Baltoy. As the world around you begins to steady, you swear you can hear the sound of sirens getting closer to your location.

"The Marshal's are coming", shouts Veronica, "we've got to get out of here. Shawn, grab Derek and let's get going!" The Shells pick themselves up and make a break for it, soon disappearing from sight. In their haste they have left the device behind, the Marshals would likely be interested in it. Would they take your word that it was the Shells who created the device? What if they tried to pin it on you instead? You'd have to decide quickly, stay and explain the situation or make a break for it and let the Marshals work it out for themselves?
The battle between the Krokorok, Scylla, and the Phantump was going reasonably well. A few hits were exchanged on either side, but the two Pokemon were doing their best with all of their tricky tricks to keep the Pokemon at bay before Veronica called it off. The Krokorok stood down, but when Veronica asked it to attack Shawn, it didn't seem to be willing to do so. At least one part of the plan had been successful, but the woman scowled as the second plan, disarming the bomb, didn't go as planned. Maybe she should have told the woman to sabotage the bomb instead of trying to have her disarm it because she clearly wasn't going to take any initiative in doing so. Her grunt wasn't listening to her either, which the woman pretty much expected. However, what the woman didn't expect was Veronica to break out of the hypnotic trance so easily, ordering the bomb to be blown up. Electricity surged through the crystal and the woman felt a sharp pain in her temples before it detonated. For a while, she couldn't grasp that anything was happening. It was like her brain had been permanently scrambled. Scylla tried to help her trainer come out of it, which helped a little bit, being unaffected by the mysterious bomb as well, and the woman gradually regained her footing, although not before Veronica and her grunts sped away, fleeing the scene as the woman heard sirens coming.

First of all, she had absolutely no belief that if she stayed here, she wouldn't be blamed for this, fingerprints or not. They were going to pin it on her 100%. Second, the woman was bleeding fucking pissed. Not only did her plan not work, but that bitch got away and was able to detonate the bomb. Oh, she was going to pay. They couldn't have gotten that far, and she still had Inkay to potentially slow them down. "Scylla, get the Phantump up if you can. We're going after them. Oh I'll make Veronica pay alright. She'll be lucky if she's still on the level after I'm done with her." She started running in the direction she saw them go, hoping that she could pick up their trail and continue on. They were probably still dragging that guy along with them too, so she had an advantage.
__________________
Emi is offline  
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out > Hall of Records


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:20 AM.


Design By: Miner Skinz.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.