UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON

Old 02-14-2012, 10:51 AM   #1
SP-Eevee
Soul Badge

Send a message via MSN to SP-Eevee
Litwick Pokemon VGC 2012

Speevy making a topic outside of PASBL? World ending confirmed for legit.

But no, with VGC fast approaching I thought I might as well make a topic about it. Some regionals have already taken place but most of the smaller regionals and UK nationals are happening within the space of the next few months. I'll be attending the UK nationals at the Birmingham NEC myself~

So what is VGC? The video game championships is a tournament run by Nintendo, or at least Pokemon Organised Play (google would remedy that but...) every year since around 2008/2007, the latter being JAA. Since then it has spread worldwide and become a yearly staple.

Winners of the regionals get travel money to and a chance to compete in the nationals for a chance to win a trip to Hawaii and a place in the worlds tournament where the Worlds take place, so it's well worth giving it a try~

The rules vary year to year but follow a similar 4 on 4 doubles format, with the Pokemon you can use changing year to year. For the past few years it's been using the wi-fi rules and have 6 choose 4 where you can pick what Pokemon you use according to your opponents team and choose the order of your 4 accordingly.
For those who are skeptical about doubles it's purely so things move faster as all matches have to be done in on the day. In addition there's a 1 minute time limit for moves and a 15 minute limit overall, so no stall wars. VGC battles are fast paced and last 4-5 rounds.

Either way it's a fun event where you can trade and battle with practically anyone and everyone. The atmosphere is great assuming you're big on Pokemon (which is a given here, right?) and extremely exciting if you're entering the actual tournament.

Is anyone thinking of entering or attending this year or tagging along to see what it's all about?
B Grade Ref
71KOs 162 TPs -0 SPs
Spoiler: show
Debt
Kush: 4.25 SP
Dave: 0.25 SP

Fizzy Bubbles Profile

Party - PC
Spoiler: show

Claus; () lvl 100 Katherine; () lvl 18 Jun; () lvl 53
Cumulus; () lvl 50 Lucas; () lvl 14 Carmen; () lvl 8
Denny; () lvl 21 Akito; () lvl 18 Maya; () lvl 5
Pippi; () lvl 28 Matthew; () lvl 16 Agito; () lvl 3
Amber; () lvl 1

SP-Eevee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 11:14 AM   #2
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

Planning on entering this year, as there's actually one near me.
People should watch what they enjoy regardless of what others think, even if it's a terribad guilty pleasure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppleganger View Post
Though, I also dislike the concept of lamenting the current day while wishing to re-experience the past. At least, my modern attitude is to try and make each new day magical even if it's not, since exclusively reminiscing about the past is too pathetic.
Kindrindra is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON